Vidyard

Business Video Hosting and Analytics

4.4 /5 (76 reviews) Write a Review!
4.4
4.1
4.2
4.4
4.1
Todd P.

I would NOT recommend Vidyard

Reviewed on 13/08/2020

awful experience.. see above.. I hope other small companies like mine do not sign a contract with this company..

Pros

If you look at how many negative reviews I wrote about a company, you would not find ONE.. the reason is I would never want to hurt a companies rating.. but this organization has made me take time out of my day to write this.. Let me start by saying I hired Vidyard and signed a 1 year contract.. about 5 months into the contract, we kept having the same issue (our videos were not showing on certain cell phones). I had a large meeting with a law firm and when the video i did for them did not work properly, I made the decision to find another company. I have 4 emails prior to this issue from the head of my video department. bottom line, this was 1 month before the pandemic. I wrote them a letter to let them know I am moving my service because of the issues i continued to face.. This company had the nerve to send me to a collection company in July (during the pandemic).. they did not answer my email (it was their sales person who ignored my emails).. very frustrated and i would NOT recommend this company to my worst enemy.

Cons

the fact that they could not fix or figure out the issues we had with cell phones and their customer service.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Lazarus K.
Industry: Accounting

Screen recording made easy

Used Weekly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 09/09/2020

I would recommend this tool to anyone who is looking for a screen recording tool.

Pros

I had tried other screen recording tool, but I always had challenges with the sound. The sound never came out clear. Vidyard has now fixed this problem for me. Sound and picture quality is good.

Cons

I am still in the trial period and I am still exploring the functionalities. So far, all is well and Iam happy.

Fernando P.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Amazing screen recording solution

Reviewed on 30/12/2019

Great user experience, a software that is very intuitive to use right from the begining.

Pros

Vidyard is very easy to use, record short videos and share with other people. You just have to login, tap record and thats it.

Cons

Id like more flexibility to organize all recorded videos. Sometimes I get a bit lost when searching for past material.

Sophia N.
Industry: Online Media

My customers love my videos!

Reviewed on 27/03/2019

I use Vidyard to answer customer questions and it works!

Pros

I love being able to answer a question with a video. It is much easier to create a quick video on how to use our product than to type out a reply. Furthermore, my clients have told me that they love my videos.

Cons

I wish I could create folders for my videos so searching would be easier.

Donna

Vidyard provides insights into video that builder better businesses

Reviewed on 25/07/2012

Our company (tech start-up, SaaS) uses video in a couple of difference ways: to drive trial sign ups; as a support tool; and to keep customers on top of product changes. The only reason we know that our videos increase conversions and ultimately improve our bottom line is because of Vidyard.

Vidyard's player analytics and comprehensive customization options helped us figure out what our basic video strategy should be, fast. It allowed us to quickly iterate our player display options instead of needing multiple videos, to optimize conversions. Vidyard's interface is very user friendly and while the tool is simple and easy to use, the analytics and insights are far from trivial and pack a big punch. Definitely a great product that I would suggest to any company that is even thinking video strategy.

Jason S.
Industry: Government Administration

Good Stuff

Reviewed on 04/06/2019

Pros

great for hosting videos, adding forms to your videos.

Cons

customer service is lacking, they could not help with an issue we were having.

Catherine B.
Industry: E-Learning

Short and Sweet

Reviewed on 10/12/2019

Explaining concepts to my students is made easy and fun with Vidyard!

Pros

Vidyard is an awesome tool that helps me make quick, educational videos for my students. I can explain concepts to them through a personal video.

Cons

The home page of Vidyard is slightly confusing. I wish there was a feature that showed analytics on the people who viewed your video.

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 25/07/2018

I am able to send videos easily through Gmail and sales automation. Track opens, views, etc.

Pros

Vidyard allows me to take personalized videos and send them to prospects or customers in an active deal cycle. It has a seamless integration with Gmail

Cons

I don't really have any problems with the software, they have done well integrating into Gmail and SalesLoft which is what I use

Maria C.
Industry: Education Management
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Great integration with HubSpot

Reviewed on 31/07/2019

Pros

We use HubSpot here at the university and the integration with Vidyard was great as today we can send, via email, videos with numerous explanations for questions our students have.

Cons

At first it was a little difficult to learn how to produce videos correctly, but now we're getting better.

Joey S.

Vidyard is great!

Reviewed on 12/12/2016

Their customer service and tech support are really on point and they make it so easy to work with. In addition, their API is so expansive it makes automation really easy. Great!

Abhay B.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Overall product is good

Reviewed on 04/10/2016

Our marketing team is using it and like it. We initially got it as a reference but now team likes it.

Geir-ove M.

Rating only

Reviewed on 25/01/2019

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Samantha N.
Industry: Computer Software

Vidyard is what sets me apart

Reviewed on 05/02/2019

Vidyard is great and definitely a tool that all salespeople should be using daily.

Pros

Vidyard is seriously the best things ever when you're prospecting. It works so well to have video in any cold outreach and makes the whole process of prospecting less weird.

Cons

I honestly love Vidyard. I don't have any complaints besides that fact that it doesn't integrate with Outreach.

Kyle W.
Industry: Automotive

Vidyard Review

Reviewed on 10/12/2019

Vidyard was a lot to understand at first, mainly because we haven't used another website like this before. The training and customer support we're able to help us get a firm grasp on it though. Now we have integrated it with Hubspot and it gives us all the analytics we need to help understand our customers better.

Pros

Vidyard provides us with a great solution for using embedded videos on our website. We're able to track everything and because you can connect it to Hubspot, we get all the analytics we need! The customer support is extremely responsive and very helpful. The training we received as well as exactly what we needed to get everything set up. You can add CTAs to all of your videos, which helps us greatly.

Cons

The platform is very clunky and extremely hard to navigate. Thankfully, we had many meetings with people at Vidyard to understand this platform. I still get lost in certain areas though, but the customer support is available to fix my problems!

Matt B.
Industry: Computer Software

The best option for screen capture and demo videos

Reviewed on 31/12/2020

Pros

So easy to use and setup. The chrome extension make it easy to record and send videos right from your browser. We use it for client outreach to make personal introduction videos, which always get a better response than normal test emails. The best part is you get a much more generous recording time than Loom on the free plan, but upgrading to paid open up all the analytics you need to see how many people have viewed your videos which is super helpful for sales teams.

Cons

Some of the high end paid plans are a little expensive, but the benefits are there to see. A must-have tool for teams that do lots of demos for clients or for sales teams to make personalised videos for outreach

Industry: Construction

Vidyard Video

Reviewed on 21/05/2020

I enjoy using it. I enjoy the fact that I can do a quick video explaining to my client what I've come up with for them. Rather than trying to write it in text where it could get misunderstood.
It's super easy to use and super easy to attach to emails

Pros

Vidayrd is a great tool to quickly make small video clips to attach to emails and the likes. It allows you to video yourself, or video your screen of your are doing a demonstration. There is also the option of having yourself on the screen whilst you do the demo.
The integration with hubspot is great and makes it so easy to attach videos to emails.
I like how it attaches with a thumbnail too.

Cons

There is not much I don't like about this. The videos are hosted on their site and if you delete from your library the video is no longer available to view.
I'm just using the free version so not sure if you can sort your library of videos in the paid version.

Nick G.
Industry: Real Estate

Great business tool for Sales & Marketing

Reviewed on 05/01/2017

Vidyard is a great business tool for Sales and Marketing teams to use video in a way that contributes to revenue. Adding Salesforce integration is vital to a) sales reps using video content b) demonstrating the # value video actually contributes to the bottom line.

Pros

Easy to use, integrations with Sales/Marketing tools, great for producers to get insight into how their videos are being consumed

Cons

Would like more options in reporting

Brittany S.
Industry: Internet

Great quality and easy to use

Reviewed on 12/12/2018

It requires little training to get started and how to use effectively. Easy to download, use and share. Happy Vidyard user!!

Pros

This platform is very easy to use and the browser plug-in makes video recording and option selection very easy. It helps me give the best service to my clients because I can send them visual instructions on tasks they need assistance with so they do not have to read a "step by step" guide on how to do things.

Cons

No major issues at all. I wish there was more options on how the screen & camera format could appear but thats just a personal preference.

Vidyard is a necessity!

Reviewed on 20/09/2018

Our sales team could not function without Vidyard.

Pros

Vidyard has been instrumental in my career. I increased my response rates by 9% using video in my sales outreach. Vidyard is what gets me to my quota, and I would not be half as good at my job without it!

Cons

My only complaint about Vidyard is when there is a software update. Only because the first video I make after an update doesn't save and I have to redo it.

Abby R.
Industry: Computer Software

Vidyard is hands down one of the best software products I have used in sales, it is a gamechanger!

Reviewed on 02/04/2018

Pros

Vidyard makes it super easy to send personalized videos to prospects and I have never gotten more responses now using Vidyard! Customers and prospects love the personalized touch!

Cons

Vidyard is easy to use but sometimes it can have lag in putting videos into emails. The only thing I wish Vidyard has was filters.

William H.
Industry: Telecommunications
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Vidyard review

Reviewed on 24/08/2018

It has been a pleasure. It adds another element to my emails that makes it interactive and personal, which my customers enjoy.

Pros

I love the fact that it is a new interactive way to communicate with customers. Adding a personal message to customers with an insightful video is awesome.

Cons

It took me a little bit of time to get comfortable with the features and functions. Once I became comfortable with the software it became very useful.

Arielle G.

Video Sales Made Easy!

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 12/12/2018

Pros

Vidyard offers several integrations to other sales platforms that has been extremely useful! Video selling is definitely taking off and Vidyard has been ahead of the game. The plug in allows you to make videos from anywhere online, which is great when you are on the company website for the prospect and are able to show personalization while creating your outreach video.

Cons

The videos are able to be edited but you can of course try again until you get it perfect!

Mimi V.
Industry: Design

Love the Analytics and Livestream Feature

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 12/12/2016

Great platform for videos, the analytics are so on point, we've found it extremely useful to see where users replay, drop off, skip in our videos. Can't wait to see future features!

Pros

I love the analytics and data provided by Vidyard.

Cons

The user experience could be a lot better because I sometimes have trouble finding out where certain features are and how to activate them such as changing the color of a player, etc.

Matt P.
Industry: Media Production

Vidyard Works, But Lazy Programming Leaves Out Key Features

Reviewed on 09/09/2020

I'd gave the software a "C" rating. It's better than shooting with a camera and uploading video to YouTube or Vimeo, but extremely, and unnecessarily limited in what you can do to add production value to created videos.

Pros

Vidyard allows us to quickly and easily make a very simple video and upload it to embed in a blog or web page. The ability to add "hot" banners and CTAs directly to the video is great, as is the fact that it works with Hubspot, and we don't have to rely on YouTube for every video posting.

Cons

After reading the impersonal FAQ page stating that the software does not allow switching between camera and screen during recording, I used three third party programs to accomplish this feat myself, with no help from Vidyard. If I could do this with relative ease, and I'm not a programmer, then Vidyard is simply being lazy about programming. Presumably someone at the company is being paid to improve the software?

Likelihood to recommend: 4.0/10

Industry: Computer Software

Prospecting at the next level

Reviewed on 16/12/2018

Pros

I like Vidyard as a new, fun way to engage prospects with video. Great visibility into when and how much prospects see.

Cons

Video isn't a surefire way to convert. The UI is nice, but the layout is also not helpful - I have a hard time navigating to my videos, and figuring out how to convert to a gif, etc.