Constant Contact

Rob
  • Industry: Market Research Software

Constant Contact Review

Reviewed on 24/08/2021

Very Good! It was easy to switch over and get everything going from the beginning.

Pros

We use Constant Contact to create our Email Campaigns and also to schedule posts on our social media on a weekly basis.

Cons

We had no problems with Constant Contact at all.

Sendinblue

Reasons for Choosing Constant Contact

Mailchimp has by far the worst customer service and has not been able to solve our problems - Constant Contact did their job in 5 minutes.

Customer Service
Megan
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Useful, Consistent, Not Always User Friendly

Reviewed on 08/10/2021

In general, I prefer Constant Contact over MailChimp, but it could be because I'm used to it (been using it for 10+ years) and because it's cheaper for the amount of contacts we have. I also like that I can do surveys through it. MailChimp also didn't seem any more user-friendly than Constant Contact when I tried to work with it a few times.

Pros

The email templates and survey features are really helpful. We can also connect their email lists into our website pretty easily. It's nice to have one paid service that sends out emails AND sends out surveys. MailChimp doesn't offer both features in one, so it's why I stick with Constant Contact. It's also cheaper than MailChimp for the amount of contacts we have. It's expensive, but it's the best one we've found.

Cons

It's not very user-friendly to make the edits I'd like in the actual emails I'm making. There aren't very many templates useful to us, so oftentimes, I end up making my own template and then saving it. The photos don't always load easily when I pull up our photo album, but it does eventually work when I mess with it a bit. My colleagues oftentimes have difficulty with using it as they're not as used to it as I am, so I wouldn't say it's user-friendly off the bat. It takes a learning curve for sure.

Reasons for Switching to Constant Contact

It would have been us making a switch from Constant Contact to MailChimp as Constant Contact was what we already had. I didn't feel like MailChimp was worth switching everything over, so I have just stayed with Constant Contact.
Oleksandr
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

The analytics provided by Constant Contact provide the most satisfying feeling possible

Reviewed on 05/01/2023

It is important to note that we perform continuous analysis of customer requests through social networks, external platforms and social media. This is something you should be aware of. Constant Contact's Platform can generate the best possible reports for connection and robust constitution of the required elements. Through Constant Contact, we have engaged several different public content targets, and the results have been as expected. We expanded advertising options and became more effective content strategists as a result.

Pros

Constant Contact makes me happy, as I have improved the quality of all analytical procedures used in specialized marketing and ensured that they are always further developed. Everything is first class and of the highest quality, and I can complete a group marketing project with the help of their various tools. The service is quite good, and, with their use, I could integrate and customize the software without any problems. I evaluate data from social media accounts to corporate clients and various analytics management systems. There is no doubt that Constant Contact is an excellent opportunity for high-level advertising.

Cons

Constant Contact is an excellent product that has significantly impacted the creation of seamless marketing and numerous management systems.

Rochelle

Antiquated software

Reviewed on 11/01/2023

Pros

The software is affordable and has less limits than other software that serves the same purposes.

Cons

Constant contact hasn't made enough UX based changes to consider using with clients. Very limited in functionality and customization

Suzie
  • Industry: Medical Practice

• Customer Support Software

All the bells and whistles

Reviewed on 15/11/2022

I wasn't sure about the product in the beginning. It was recommended after our long-time newsletter service dropped the ball. I had a bit of a learning curve but once I got the hang of it (approx. 2 hours), I managed to put out the 2nd newsletter in record time. The two best features are templates and automation.

Pros

Functionality is by far the best thing about Constant Contact. Once a campaign is set up, I can relax and allow them to do the work.

Cons

A bit of a learning curve when I started but their help desk is great.

MailerLite

Reasons for Choosing Constant Contact

Newsletters not getting through to customers

Reasons for Switching to Constant Contact

Tried both and Constant Contact worked better for us.
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

practical and indispensable

Reviewed on 03/01/2023

Pros

The platform is very easy to use and comes with a number of customizable features that you can use to create engaging emails.

Cons

There are a lot of features and it can be overwhelming to try and learn everything at once. It's important to make sure that you're using the software to its full potential so that you can get the most out of it.

Aloima Daniela
  • Industry: Accounting Software
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Acquisition of new clients.

Reviewed on 17/12/2022

In the companies we have had large and effective profit projects.

Pros

Very good and very effective contact management software, projects and according to other platforms it works very well all incorporated, it has been quick in project management for future tasks.

Cons

Sometimes it blocks us from incorporating other tools. But it works fine.

Andrej
  • Industry: Media Production

• Customer Support Software

A mature and reliable solution

Reviewed on 13/12/2022

Pros

Constant contact is the first bulk emailing software I used. It had a great drag and drop editor and all the features that you would expect from similar software like mailchimp and Mailjet etc. it also seems to have lots of new features like sms marketing and social

Cons

What I do not like is that you pay per number of contacts rather than emails sent which is why I moved over to mailjet. - and it seems to have become quite expensive considering all the new competition out there

Jaclyn

Constant Contact is a great email marketing program for beginners!

Reviewed on 25/01/2023

Pros

I used the free version of Constant Contact when I did some digital marketing for a law firm- the head attorney had chosen to use Constant Contact. I found the program to have a great user interface, and it was easy to create our monthly e-newsletter and add photos/infographics as well as change the font and color scheme. Managing our email contact list was also rather easy. I don't know what the paid versions have to offer, but it was an excellent, easy-to-use program for the inexperienced email marketer that I was at the time.

Cons

I can't recall too much that I didn't like about Constant Contact; the only thing I may have liked better would have been an easier to use and more in-depth analytics section with the free version.

Joshua
  • Industry: Law Practice
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Solid Tool for Business

Reviewed on 13/01/2023

Constant contact is a great tool for a small practice that doesn't have the time to manage an email campaign on their own. It automates a lot of features and makes things user friendly.

Pros

This tool made it easy to create email lists and send out periodic emails to stay connected with clients and potential clients.

Cons

It is convenient, but nothing that you can't put together yourself with a disciplined practice of collecting and storing emails yourself.

• Industry: Higher Education Software

Efficient but Limited

Reviewed on 14/06/2022

Pros

I like that I am able to import templates I build in BEE Pro's email builder. Maintaining customer lists is easy. The company is well-known enough to have extensive plug-ins for both WordPress and WIX sites.

Cons

Their things make their email campaign builder limited: no mobile design front-end editor, no ability to customize email width, or easily affect padding and margins.

Also, it is weird that you have to contact their customer service to remove their logo at the bottom of the email - even if you pay for the pro plans.

SendGrid

Reasons for Choosing Constant Contact

We are a school, who's SIS system will not integrate with other software. So, we constantly have to upload lists to our email servicer. Mail chimp kept flagging our account - got very annoying.

Reasons for Switching to Constant Contact

Unlimited email sends - pricing based on contacts
Sheri
  • Industry: Automotive

• Customer Support Software

An email marketing platform that works!

Reviewed on 29/08/2019

Pros

We signed up with Constant Contact in somewhat a state of desperation, after having no luck with other platforms to do what we wanted them to. We were looking for an email marketing platform that would effectively take our data and create merge fields that worked, had the ability to segment lists, and also provided detailed reports including who had opened it, who had not unopened it and had the ability to re-send with one-click to everyone who had not opened a specific email. We also wanted a platform where we could create our own customizable template that still had a professional appearance. Constant Contact did all this for us, and our customers have been commenting on how the communication we're sending them "looks professional, has a consistent look, and always has relevant content". We couldn't have achieved this without Constant Contact!

Cons

The one disadvantage with Constant Contact is that anyone that has the same email address is merged into one contact. This has been a small issue for us where we want to keep both contacts names even though they have the same email address. We have been able to work around this by asking all our customers with duplicate email addresses to update their email address.

Melissa
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Has been a lifesaver!

Reviewed on 12/09/2019

Overall, we really have enjoyed the ConstantContact app. As I mentioned earlier, it has proven invaluable to us on more than one occasion when getting vital information to the congregation was time sensitive.

Pros

I really love the fact that if we have a church announcement that just HAS to go out immediately, ConstantContact can get it out to our entire congregation within 3 minutes of my sending it. They also have wonderful, friendly, customer service.

Cons

There are some minor issues with user-friendliness and ease of navigation. The interface should be a little more "simple" for those of us who are not totally comfortable with using a publisher.

Reasons for Switching to Constant Contact

Microsoft Publisher was a nightmare. I'm not sure about MailChimp as it was no longer in use by the time I came onboard in 2012. Rumor has it though that it was becoming less user friendly and the price was not as economically sound as it had been.
Lindsey
  • Industry: Hospitality

Easy Email Marketing Platform

Reviewed on 07/10/2021

We use Constant Contact to email our subscribers important information and to push our special offers. We also use it to send emails to our employees because the segmenting tools make it easy for us to send specific messages to specific teams to make sure they are getting the most relevant information. I manage the subscriber lists which is easy and I also build the campaigns using the drag and drop editor.

Pros

Constant Contact is easy to use and easy to build out for whatever you need. It's extremely customizable and the support team are really quick to respond. We are able to segment exactly how we need to, and I love the reporting features that tell us all the data we need to know after sending out a campaign. I also love the A/B testing options so we can continue to better our campaigns.

Cons

There are a few things about the drag and drop editor that are a bit clunky compared to other software that we tried out, however, it is still really customizable. Users with coding knowledge can use that as a work around if they experience any issues, but knowledge of code is not required at all.

Reasons for Switching to Constant Contact

We chose Constant Contact because it was more affordable and could easily integrate the way we needed it to with our CRM and our website.
Ngenge

Constant Contact

Reviewed on 07/07/2022

Constant contact is the ideal marketing tool for you ( whether you run a small or large size business). I rate this tool 5/5 with no cons and highly recommend it. No matter your level in marketing, you'll get quality results working with it.

Pros

There is no other features marketer research in marketing tools other, then simplicity, affordability, and effectiveness- and that's exactly what makes up Constant contact.

Constant Contact is one of my favorite marketing automation tools by far most importantly for landing pages. It's cheap and affordable with superintensive features.

It has a ton of professional pre-built email templates and provides great email management possibilities.

One that brainstorms me most is the 2-month free trial it offers. I was very excited to learn that I could actually test out the tool for a couple of months before paying. This is what most competitors do not offer.

I highly rate its automation capacities in terms of simplicity and effectiveness plus, list management is super easy too. I get on-time notifications and complete metrics on the various conversions my campaigns perform.

The tool is user-friendly( I mean, from signup to user-dashboard). The team made everything super easy and they offer quality customer support.

Integration with analytic tools like MonsterInsiggt and Mixpanel is super-easy and these tools are very collaborative.

Cons

It's awesome and offers a great fascinating user experience and I have no conservatives with it yet.

Kaitlyn
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Increased customer base

Reviewed on 02/08/2022

We love to reward returning customers, we know there are a lot of choices in clothing and jewelry. We used constant contact to make sure all of our customers know about our rewards and have the opportunity to use them in store and online.
As a boutique it's important that we have items our customers are looking for but may not be able find in a mainstream store. We use the surveys to find out what styles our customers are most interested in, which also makes the customer feel valued and included. We discovered that out customers were looking for different styles than what we had originally anticipated.
The pricing makes all of this a bit irrelevant since I can purchase the same services for much less from another software company.

Pros

The amount of new customers we brought in was awesome, we kept in touch with past or current customers, meaning they're more likely to become repeat customers.
Email tracking and email automation, surveys (or polls), high deliverability rate, click tracking, insights, and ease of use are all pros. Customer service is very responsive.

Cons

Constant contact costs more and provides less for the price than most of the other email marketing software I've used. I'm absolutely fine with paying more to get more but it doesn't make sense to pay more to get less. Business 101...
Depending on who the recipient has their email address with, more or less of the emails from constant contact may to wind up in the promotions label vs primary.

Violeta
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

Good platform for email campaigns

Reviewed on 29/07/2021

Pros

What I like most about this platform is the fact that I can classify the list of subscribers according to my needs. When sending email campaigns, I can select which group to target instead of sending it to all of my leads. Their analytics is very clear and easy to understand. They provide tips to improve campaigns and stats to measure your effectiveness on each campaign.

Cons

I wish this platform would have more innovative features to make more powerful campaigns. For example,
adding videos or gifs. I usually design my campaigns on Canva and then add it in Constant Contact as an image because their designing tool is very limited. It will also be very useful if they would add a link for calls as they do to direct people to websites and emails.

Reasons for Choosing Constant Contact

Constant Contact is easier to use.

Easier to use
Curt

• Customer Support Software

Easy to use, great for contact management, but terrible customer service

Reviewed on 25/11/2017

The email analytics and reports are great.

Pros

I use CC to to manage our large contact database and to send out email updates. It is great for segmenting our list -- from general interest to communications to fundraising. The automated features are great, especially that it will not allow the same email to appear in the same inbox twice. It also merges duplicate contacts. We use it across the entire organization. Constant contact is great for merging duplicate contacts, updating your address book, giving a reliable open rate and thorough reports, and allowing you to segment large email lists.

Cons

When uploading additional contacts, CC wants to see how they actively subscribed. This can be problematic when uploading an older email list (i.e. you may just have a spreadsheet of The List and they want to see more evidence). Additionally, it is a little pricey compared to competitors such as MailChimp. It would be great to be able to export email campaigns as HTML.Be extremely careful when importing contacts. Constant Contact wants to see how they actively subscribed. Sometimes it is hard to prove this when you have entered information for people you have an established relationship with, or if they verbally requested to be added. Constant Contact wants to actually see the (paper) sign-up sheet. This is unachievable for businesses/groups that have been around long enough to have established an email list based on personal relationships or when importing business cards. As for the design, sizing images can be difficult when you are using a self-designed template. As for the contact management services, representatives have very little technical knowledge and don't seem to understand marketing techniques used within certain industries.

Nathan
  • Industry: Public Policy

Robust Email Marketing

Reviewed on 03/09/2018

Converting web site visitors to email marketing recipients has never been easier, as site visitors simply select which programs they are interested in and they are automatically added to the appropriate contact lists in Constant Contact. Constant Contact has made it painless to conduct email marketing campaigns that circumvent spam filters, something that Emma and MailChimp struggled with.

Pros

Constant Contact makes it really easy to make attractive, functional emails and to conduct email campaigns with sequencing. Building emails is done via a drag-and-drop interface (WYSIWYG), so you don't have to have any coding experience with html or css. It's really easy to schedule your campaigns, too. If you can use Outlook and Word, you should be able to get comfortable with Constant Contact pretty quickly. It's also really easy to build and manage contact lists, including importing from csv files. And Constant Contact does a good job of tracking bad email addresses and removing them from your lists, which is important because you are charged by the number of contacts you have. I also like that you can send yourself previews so you can try the messages out on different mail programs and tweak them to your liking. Once you've sent out the messages, Constant Contact offers reporting to let you know how successful your campaign was, including the click-through rate. It also sends you reports about who is being added to and removed from your contact lists. Its integration with several WordPress form plugins means it's easy to convert web traffic to email marketing recipients.

Cons

Permissions. There are basically two levels of permissions besides the account owner: campaign creator and account manager. It would be nice to have more granular control over what users can do, because account manager gives users a lot of freedom, but is necessary to work with contacts, schedule a send, etc. The other thing I don't like is how quickly the cost ramps up. Having used Emma and MailChimp, I feel like Constant Contact is the most robust platform. But it is expensive.

Jonathan
  • Industry: Capital Markets

• Customer Support Software

Constant Contact is a necessary addition to your business...

Reviewed on 19/08/2022

I've used Constant Contact for years and we have a bit of a love/hate relationship. Though my shop doesn't focus on MarCom efforts, by any means, we have won awards for our work with Constant Contact campaigns. The platform is a necessary part of any digital marketing plan.

The backend is easy to use. The design templates are generally quite useful and they are semi-customizable. We've put out very professional pieces - some quite visually appealing - with their templates as a base and our clients have been very pleased with the fact that they get metrics back on open rates and click-through rates. They can see direct results of tweaks in the campaign.

On the downside, a sizeable distribution list comes with a sizable cost increase. Stay under 500 and it's about the cost of a cup of coffee; go over that and it's looking more like the cost of covering the office's coffee at the team meeting (back in the days of in-person meetings - ahhh nostolgia). That doesn't hurt us when we do our own thing... but some clients balk a bit at the expense being passed on when we open their company-specific account. Those concerns reduce the larger a company's overall monthly expenditures are.

All-in-all, Constant contact is a great arrow to add to your quiver. Thee may be cheaper alternatives and there may be more technically advanced options in 2022... but it's always good to have a reliable standby that has been used by companies of all sizes, throughout the globe.

Pros

Outstanding deliverability rates.
Great backend metrics to manage your email campaigns.
Professional looking templates.
Ease of use when building email pieces.

Cons

Quickly rising price with additional contacts on distribution lists.
Customer service is not that effective w/ either technical or billing questions.
Automations are basic when compared to some other possible tools.

Meher

• Customer Support Software

Great tool for outreach, easy to learn

Reviewed on 23/04/2021

Its easy to use once you get the hang of it, its user friendly, its cost effective, and their customer service is excellent.

Pros

It's effective in it's data measuring, I like how I can view data in multiple ways to help me make the right decisions for my organizations marketing initiatives. I also like that I can make my own templates and embed them in. The mobile and desktop version formats are both also excellent.

Cons

Its not as smooth sailing from the get-go as other softwares like mailchimp. There's a bit of a learning curve with the pre-available templates and the space to work isn't too big.

It was more affordable
Zuhairah
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Email marketing with Constant Contact

Reviewed on 13/07/2021

Pros

Constant Contact is definitely on the top-tier software for managing and distributing email marketing and they are very good in it. The template design is very interactive and easy to edit it to fit with the email objective. We had a good response and email open rate with this software.

Cons

The price plan is quite expensive after you reach the limit for the contact list and how much email can be sent for a month worth. The user interface for the dashboard can be improve to the modern design, as for now, the looks of the dashboard is quite outdated.

Liszt
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

• Customer Support Software

very good tool to boost marketing

Reviewed on 24/02/2022

Pros

Constant Contact is the easiest to understand system out there for organizations to drive their campaigns with a much better chance of success. The ability to retry messages on the fly and have the option to send them to explicit records is amazing. We can see which messages have been opened and that the tool usually directs them to a digest so they don't receive an email once again. Constant Contact has various layouts with really cool constructions that empower the creation of promoting efforts, so we can without much of a stretch select a template and alter it.

Cons

We have not had any serious problems, perhaps I would like to see a little less expense.

Edward
  • Industry: Financial Services Software
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Easy To Use, But Graphics/Look Has Early 2000s Vibe

Reviewed on 09/01/2018

Pros

It is very simple to use! The navigation is simple :) It really couldn't be any easier for a first-time user to figure out. A kid could definitely use it without any guidance (provided that they can read). I really enjoy using it, so that's a plus. I also love that you can view how many emails were opened , even who opened them and what they clicked on! As a marketing person, that's the greatest gift ever. Real data you can see, use and understand. Sadly, not all marketing products offer that. But Constant Contact does! And they do it well.

Cons

Most of the templates end up looking sort of outdated. I describe it as "an early 2000s vibe." They could really use a face-lift to make them more attractive. That's honestly the only thing I don't like about it. Everything else is super great! Wish they'd adapted a more Mailchimp-esque look for all of their products. I think they would crush the competition if they changed up the look a bit.

David
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

• Customer Support Software

Use a little or a lot, up to you

Reviewed on 26/03/2019

Pros

Constant Contact is a very professional, comprehensive and full featured product that small or large businesses to create and manage communications and campaigns, email and others, multiple segments, householding, deciling and many other features/functions to conduct your interactions with perspective customers, existing customers, etc.

The templates, as an example can be simple, text based or complex, interactive HTML (web) forms, it's up to you on how easy, simple or complex you want to invest your time and resources towards.

Cons

Prepare to require training. If you or your staff have never conducted communications of this magnitude, make sure you allocate time to learn the system and use it fully, otherwise you will find yourself spending considerable money to use a platform for such simple use cases that other tools might have served you well at a much lower price point.