Asana

4.5 (11,908)
The work management platform to organize work across teams.

(11,908)
4.4/5
Customer Support Software

11911 Reviews

Ahmet Fatih
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

To-go app for to-do lists.

Reviewed on 15/01/2023

Pros

From data visualisation to task management, Asana serves a holy purpose within companies. Team work is strengthened and task listing is so neat that project management is put on the rightest track with Asana.

Cons

You may need to integrate some other players to make it function even better, so, not disadvantage but these are the ways of making it even better.

Lora
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

• Customer Support Software

Enables all team members to collaborate properly throughout the project lifecycle

Reviewed on 22/12/2022

Asana has helped us with its unique capabilities and tools throughout the life cycle of our projects, as we can always prepare the best workflow charts and also provide us with the tools by which we can apply the best methods of accurate monitoring of all tasks during implementation, which enabled us to keep all tasks within The correct track and ensure that it is completed within the specified dates.

Pros

It is great to share with the rest of the team members to manage all our projects through one platform, using Asana, as it is easy to use and enables us to properly distribute roles during all stages of initiation. I love the fact that there are so many ready-made templates to help us get started, and I really appreciate how we can participate as a team in creating workflows, so we can always come up with the right plans for our needs. I like the fact that through the dashboard we can monitor all the tasks, send alerts to colleagues and make the required updates, and updating the tasks is also easy, as well as the available automation we were able to find the actual impact of the completion rates of the activities in progress on the work program, and this allows us to know the critical activities that Delayed completion may delay delivery deadlines.

Cons

I did not encounter any technical problems during use, and the user interface is distinctive and can be customized to suit our needs, as well as the notification system is effective, in addition to that Asana is constantly updated, which improves the performance of functions continuously.

Demequea
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

User Friendly

Reviewed on 10/01/2023

Pros

User Friendly to navigate through the system

Cons

The task management was not simplified to cross reference to staff.

Vinod

Good starter for Agile Project Management

Reviewed on 13/11/2022

Excellent for small company managed projects.

Pros

If you want to learn Agile with Kanban, Asana is good for you. Its easy to use product for IT, HR , finance and non tech people. UI UX is great. Easy deployment on cloud. Free to try and good for small company.

Cons

It has basic features and good for small projects and small team. Software management projects are easy. It is not for waterfall method.

Microsoft Project

Reasons for Choosing Asana

MS project has limited feature and not agile.

Microsoft Project

Reasons for Switching to Asana

Asana is cloud based, scalable and good for small team.
Juno
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

I really love it!

Reviewed on 10/12/2022

I have had a great experience with Asana. It is a powerful and intuitive project management tool that has been a great asset for me. It has allowed me to easily organize tasks, assign tasks to team members, track progress, and ensure that all tasks are completed on time. It has also been incredibly helpful in staying organized, as I can quickly glance at all of my tasks in one place and easily adjust priorities. Overall, Asana has been a great solution to my project management needs, and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a powerful, intuitive, and efficient project management tool.

Pros

Asana is a great tool for helping to organize, communicate, and track tasks and project progress. It allows users to easily assign tasks to team members, track progress, and collaborate on projects. It also offers powerful project management features like task prioritization, real time updates, and task dependencies. Asana is a great choice for teams who need to stay organized and on track.

Cons

The interface is complex and difficult to use.

Mansi

#1 tool for managing productivity and project tasks

Reviewed on 09/01/2023

Excellent experience. I can also access Asana on mobile and use it for urgent scenarios.

Pros

I like the most that their features helped me organize all my personal and professional tasks easily. I created multiple projects to manage different aspects of my work. I can easily create multiple sections, and each section can have tasks and subtasks. Moreover, I can collaborate easily by combining these tasks & subtasks with individual users (giving complete transparency for each project). Additionally, its features like swim-lane boards, timeline, and calendar helped me visualize the state of the entire project and give me a birds-eye overview of all my tasks. Moreover, its basic and automated workflows like connecting to Zapier, Slack, Team, Drive, etc., helped me fast-track the entire process, and get real-time notifications.

Cons

I did not identify any cons. It is very affordable and provides excellent features.

Sophie
  • Industry: Translation & Localization

Asana connects all team-members to a common goal.

Reviewed on 14/01/2023

Asana organizes and helps us combine the individual effort of everyone involved in my departments projects. Our use of Asana has allowed us as a department to always focus on what matters the most , as far as completing a project is concerned, while making collaboration between all stakeholders a seamless process.

Pros

The versatility and flexibility of Asana ,when it comes to project management , is what I like most about this software. Asana's flexibility has allowed my organization to successfully customize Asana , to fit into the project management needs of the different departments , teams and their unique use-cases across my organization.

Cons

I find it tough using the Asana mobile application , to attempt to accomplish anything serious , as far as tracking project progress or any other activity on the Asana platform is concerned. For reasons best known to the Asana team , they've not successfully customized the mobile apps. interface to be as seamless as Asana on desktop computer.

Byron Andrés
  • Industry: Design
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Asana in a design company

Reviewed on 08/01/2023

My team uses it to manage the semi-annual projects (4 projects each in a team of 15 people, IT area), in addition to carrying out the weekly requirements with sub-tasks for the support team.

Pros

It is easy to use, we can control from small projects to larger objectives such as program implementations and staff training.

Cons

Cannot change project type You can create list or board projects, unfortunately there is no way to convert them after they are created.

Bitrix24

functionality and price
Deyna
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Manage labor strategies

Reviewed on 14/01/2023

It can be well adapted to any company, it is fast, and it allows you to visualize projects much faster

Pros

What I like most about this tool is that it improves the way of working, solving organizational problems and helping to make tasks more professional, it allows document storage and has quite good remote assistance, its system has automated areas to improve operations with her

Cons

The tool has not failed me, it has worked as it should and is quite functional for any professional

Tagie

Asana rev

Reviewed on 14/01/2023

Overall I'm satisfied with working and using this software and I will recommend it

Pros

User-friendly interface that is easy to navigate. It Allows for easy task management and collaboration within teams. Has a wide range of features including calendars, project templates, and integrations with other apps.

Cons

Some users may find the interface overwhelming or clutteredSome users may find the free plan too limited for their needs. Also Some users may have issues with the performance of the app, especially when dealing with large amounts of data

Emily
  • Industry: Media Production

• Customer Support Software

Made scaling my podcast agency so easy!

Reviewed on 03/06/2021

I've been using Asana for years for a number of different purposes. I really appreciate the broad feature set and the fact that the Asana team continues to improve the system, without completely overhauling how the whole thing works and looks. The consistency has been so good!

Pros

Using Asana made it possible to create a repeatable process that anyone on my team can follow and implement. That means that we're able to scale rapidly and bring on new clients without panicking that we won't be able to handle the new workload. We absolutely love that each client is managed via their own project, and within each project we have their entire podcast calendar mapped out for the year ahead. This is essential so that we can plan team workload, and know when to hire.

Cons

The only thing I wish was available is a calendar view for each project that lists subtasks. Since each client has a primary task for each episode, and sub-tasks are listed underneath that, it would be great to use the drag and drop feature for subtasks easily in one view for that specific project.

Reasons for Switching to Asana

I really like the UX of Asana over other project management tools
Mehandi

Asana Review

Reviewed on 16/03/2022

I am handling my entire business on Asana from Team Management, Task Management, Project Management, Client Onboarding, Virtual Assistant Management to Payments tracking all is done in one platform.

Pros

Project Management, Team Management, Task Management/Tracking, Timer, Third Party Integration, Different views for a project.

Very user-friendly interface and easy to use.

Cons

Some features like time-tracking which is available in the free veesiom of Clickup is in the paid version of Asana also there are other features im comparison to Clickup like Hiding of Projects from other team mates is in paid version of asana.

monday.com and ClickUp

Reasons for Choosing Asana

Trello was a bit complicated for me. not tjat much user friendly for my clients.

Reasons for Switching to Asana

It is easy to use, setup and manage.
Rickey

Great, robust tool for project management

Reviewed on 17/06/2021

Unlike other platforms, Asana is much more efficient when working and carrying out your projects, not only because of the quality of its interface and the excellent function of its tools. from carrying out a project to a task and subtasks it is really easy and very professional. They haven't fallen into the trend of making everything bubbly and cartoonish like other platforms. Asana has also helped to eliminate the cost of other tools, since many additional features are built in.

Pros

I like the User interfaces because it makes early adoption very possible. The learning curve is small, and it's easy to set up your tasks, request colleagues to participate and to do everything simultaneously. I also enjoy the aggregate of the duties for reporting purposes, and they'll be reminded to accomplish the duties. The working calendars are also pretty clean and it's simple to reorganize the scheduled start times, durations and completion dates to integrate documents, reports or e-mails.

Cons

It's difficult to figure how to hide some info that is unnecessary for your specific use case. It's also not so simple to add in dates for recurring tasks.

Marcelo
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

• Customer Support Software

My Asana Review (Brasilcap)

Reviewed on 22/06/2020

I am happy with it overall, but then i am a heavy user. I see that other team members take sometime to assimilate its potential and value

Pros

Once you know where to go, it's show great use on promoting transparency and team collaboration

Cons

Lack of reports Scrum/Kanban likes. A Query engine would be superb. I use these at Jira and helps a lot. Also some constraints vallidation, configuration/confirmation os necessary fields, things like that

Jira and Pipefy

Reasons for Choosing Asana

Asana is more lightweight and has better communication tools

VivifyScrum

Reasons for Switching to Asana

Jira was our first option, but as we were all begninning our Digital Transformation Journey at the Time. It bacame a concensus that JIRA was way to complex for that moment not to mention it was double the price too. Asana was ease to use right from the start, with little configuration, and it proved so after a while using it
Memory
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

• Customer Support Software

Fantastic task management software!

Reviewed on 19/02/2021

I started using this software at a previous job then, when starting here, quickly found out that not all task-management tools are created equal. The one we were using was not very functional and people tasks were constantly getting lost in the shuffle.

The other website designer that started after me had also used Asana before so we started using it to manage the development of the site we were designing. We told another team about it and they started using it as well. It eventually caught on and we convinced the higher-ups to purchase an upgraded plan and implemented it company wide.

There are so many great features. It's impossible to narrow down my favorite. But I will say that it makes managing tasks so easy and helps my addled brain stay organized and focused. There are different modes for how you view your tasks allowing users to choose one that they prefer. For example, there's a calendar view, a list view, a Trello-type layout, and more. I also LOVE that it's offers so much flexibility in how tasks are organized. You can set up different teams and assign certain people to be in those teams. Within the teams you can create projects, then breaks those down into tasks. Within the teams you can create multiple levels of subtasks - for example, a subtasks inside a subtasks inside the main task. This is a really great feature for me, being a website designer, because there are so many steps involved in creating a site.

Pros

What's not to like?! The customer service is great, there are multiple training videos to help you learn about all the different features and how to use them, it's GREAT for staying organized when you have a million different projects you are working on at once, it makes delegating projects and tasks very easy...

Beyond all the great task-related features, one of my favorite things is the quirky animations - when marking complete on a task you'll occasionally get a celebratory animation (kind of a geeky, digital pat on the back) my favorite being a unicorn that flies across your screen. This is obviously not something that's necessary or a way to help users stay more organized, but it is fun and adds a little extra flair to the software. (Yes, it's the little things that excite me. 😆)

Cons

As with any software that is customizable and has a lot of features, there is a learning curve to using Asana. There are so many different settings and features, it can take a while to learn the ins and outs of using it. But, as I already said previously, they provide a plethora of training videos and have excellent customer service when you need to contact them.

One specific thing I wish was different is how the repeating tasks are set up. As of now, when a task is set to repeat, the next task doesn't show up until the previous one has been marked as complete. It would be nice to see all the repeating tasks (especially in the calendar format) so you can get an accurate view of all the tasks you have coming up for the upcoming months. It's not a major inconvenience, but something I would suggest that the developers implement in a future update.

Gabrielle

• Customer Support Software

Asana - more than a to do list

Reviewed on 14/10/2019

It’s a very colorful, interactive program that motivates their users to complete tasks in a timely manner. Other programs may compromise it’s appearance for an easy to use dashboard, while others may forfeit the simplicity of its app to appear colorful or modern. Asana does both! Our team uses Asana on a daily basis. It’s more than just a to do list, it’s an app that truly makes its users feel good for getting things done. From the trendy emojis that occasionally pop up, to the easy to use dashboard, this app is a must-have for any company or team to use!

Pros

Cons

There is some confusion in regards to setting up the projects or team boards. There doesn’t seem to be a way to duplicate tasks on a team board to a private project.

Filipe

Asana review

Reviewed on 31/01/2020

Asana is the best way to organize my work and share project status with clients
Easy to use on desktop and mobile

Pros

Asana is a great application to organize my tasks
I can organize it by projet or client or software version, .... we can define tags to organize task and projects
With Asana I can have a overview of my projects where I want, work great of mobile as too
Asana can share task with others, to great overview of project
Asana is easy to use for all people

Cons

At moment Asana have a lot of functionalities that is enough for organize my work
I use it every day with out any problem

Reasons for Choosing Asana

For me Asana work very very much beter than others solutions Very easy to organize tasks and check status

Reasons for Switching to Asana

For me Asana work very very much beter than others solutions
Siokas
  • Industry: Research
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

A useful management tool for demanding organizations

Reviewed on 22/06/2022

The tool helped the teams organize their tasks in a comprehensive manner that allowed them to be more efficient and effective.

Pros

The features available and theability to integrate external tools.

Cons

The interface is something I amnot used to and had to make some adjustments in the way I work in order to comply to the needs of the tool.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

Theorganization needed a tool that had more options to change the way the projects were organized and the way different tools can be integrated. Therefore, the needs of the team changes and we had to adapt.l

ClickUp

Reasons for Switching to Asana

Due to the characteristics of the project and the strucutre of the team, Asana was the most suitable tool at that time.
Enya
  • Industry: Law Practice

Asana keeps me organized!

Reviewed on 22/07/2019

Switching to Asana made it easier for me to set goals, track my progress, and stay ahead of the game when it comes to managing my case load.

Pros

Asana helps me keep on top of the tasks, due dates, and sub-tasks that I need to be getting done. Unlike other case management/time management software, Asana actually works! Being able to see everything in one place helps me be able to better prioritize my tasks and make sure nothing slips through the cracks.

Cons

This is a very small thing, but one of the only things I have found that I do not enjoy is when I am on my list of tasks I am unable to move all tasks within a Section at once. I can move the Section title, but then I need to move every task individually. I wish I could drag and drop things around in batches.

Airtable

MyCase

Reasons for Switching to Asana

I chose Asana over the other case management softwares that we tested out because Asana was by far the easiest to learn, the easiest to understand, and the more user-friendly one to navigate.
Benjamin

Asana Makes Projects Easy

Reviewed on 02/08/2020

Using Asana has been simple and effective. It has been very easy to manage the day to day, mid range & long term tasks that I need to stay on top of. Asana's user-friendly & intuitive interface has made it a welcome addition to my workflow management!

Pros

The thing I like most about Asana is the ease with which you can update a task. Asana has a very simple & intuitive interface. It was very easy to update the tasks, create new tasks, make notes, etc., all from the home screen.

Cons

I have been using the free version, so not all features are available to me. I would like be able to create multiple projects, but I think that is available in the paid version. For now, and for what I've been using the program to assist with, I don't have any cons about Asana.

Todoist

Reasons for Choosing Asana

The last task manager I used was Todoist, but I hadn't used it for some time. I had a friend recommend Asana to me, and he gave me a tour of the product. After that it was easy. Asana was the choice for me!

Todoist

Reasons for Switching to Asana

I liked the user interface and the ability to quickly update tasks. Plus I had used the paid version and it seemed all the same features were available on the free version of Asana, so I made the switch. To me, if I upgrade to the paid version, it DEFINITELY seems more powerful than Todoist.
Abraham
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Best Free Project Management App for SMB

Reviewed on 23/11/2021

Asana is very easy to use, fast, reliable, and powerful. Just with their free version, I've got nothing else to ask for. It got all I need to run my business and work with my clients. It's the best free project management for me.

Pros

When we switched to Asana years ago, I didn't appreciate it right away because it's a new environment to me had to make a lot of adjustments. But as I use it every day, I got familiar with the app very quickly. It is very easy to use and might have a little learning curve. Navigating the app is all common sense though, and their help docs are very handy if you got any problems. Even though I'm familiar with the app, when I tried to open their knowledgebase, I was surprised to know there's a lot more I can do with Asana. Even with just the free version, it's so powerful and you can do so many things! It's good enough for SMBs who are just starting out. For me, some premium features are just too much so the essential features are sufficient for my business and work.

Another thing I like is you can switch to Kanban view, so it's a goodbye Trello for me. I use this view often on sprints and it's very handy and effective.

Another feature I like is you can convert an email to a task in Asana just by forwarding it to a specific email they give you, then it will be added automagically in your specific project.

I'm also happy that they have released their desktop app. That's a huge help for me in decluttering my browser tabs.

Cons

Asana is a beast. There's nothing to dislike from this app.

Debi

• Customer Support Software

Excellent project management tool once you figure it out.

Reviewed on 08/12/2016

We use the free version of Asana as we have a small number of users, but it has become a central project management and communications tool. Because the free version is limited to 15 users, we've integrated this with Atlassian's HipChat, which we received as a grant. Combined, this has been an excellent management, tracking, file sharing and centralized communications tool in an organization where people work on various platforms with different software. This has been a bit of a tough sell to folks used to working with desktop email and Outlook systems, but Asana works well on mobile devices. It also centralizes all information in a searchable database, which has proven enormously useful. However, there is a significant learning curve with Asana, which has hampered our roll-out efforts. Asana's complexity and wide feature set can be overwhelming for the uninitiated.

Pros

Centralized project management, file sharing and search functions save a lot of time and effort by reducing the need to use email. The searchable archive has been very helpful. Overall, Asana has made project work much more efficient by keeping all relevant parties in the loop, all conversations in one place, and enabling file sharing across all devices and platforms.

Cons

Asana's feature set and complexity requires a relatively steep learning curve for the uninitiated. That hampered roll-out efforts in my organization, along with the fact there is no desktop app for Asana. After nearly a year, I'm still figuring out all the features and best uses, so it would be nice to have a variety of case studies/examples from which to glean best practices.

Odette

Intuitive, Powerful, and Beautiful To Do App

Reviewed on 22/06/2020

Asana has allowed our office to both keep extremely flexible and extremely specific project to-do lists. It also allows us to keep our conversations about an issue or project in one place, archived for all time. Additionally, we are able to keep reference information about each project in Asana, creating one central place to check for details, status, and tasks on each project.

Pros

Asana is extremely easy to implement in an office. The design is clean and intuitive and feels very familiar and easy to use from Day 1. Love the ability to create tracking boards or lists, depending on what my need is; and the ability to switch between both of these views is a huge plus. The animations are a delight. Love the Chrome and Gmail plug-ins, I use those multiple times a day.

I liked Asana so much that I implemented it at home to keep our family on track and organized.

Cons

I wish there was the ability to personalize the skin of the app more -- different backgrounds for the desktop, stickers. I also wish that Asana could integrate with electronic planners to replace their to-do list function.

Trello, Basecamp, and Microsoft To Do

Reasons for Choosing Asana

Wunderlist did not have the data parsing power we needed. Asana is so much more flexible and customizeable!
Randall
  • Industry: Defense & Space

One of the best task management tools you can get!

Reviewed on 28/05/2019

Pros

Asana is a beautiful and flexible tool for managing your project and for team collaboration. The tool provides a very simple and easy to use GUI that provides you with quick buttons for all the common things you would need, such as creating a new project or task, assigning users, notifications, scheduling, permissions, watchers, etc. I am pretty impressed as all these options are available right on the main window in a very intuitive manner, as opposed to a bunch of buttons being cluttered in one area or options buried within menu trees. I love the fact that you can create tasks and organize them as easy as making using a simple todo list app on your phone. You type your task and can drag them and make dependencies too that way. There are several views that you can use, such as the calendar view, comments view, task view, and custom views that you can personalize to suit your needs. The colors are vibrant, simple, and blend well with the white motif. Although it may appear pretty simple, it also contains powerful advanced options such as page settings, task dependencies, special functions for managing users. As a collaboration tool, everyone sees updates to tasks in realtime. Asana also provides nice graphs, statistics, and reports. Asana integrates with other popular tools as well, such as Google Drive, Dropbox, Salesforce, etc. This isn't even everything that Asana has to offer, it is truly a great tool to work with.

Cons

I don't really have anything negative to say about Asana as it has been a pleasure to use. I guess even with a simplistic tool like this, there are still people in our team that struggle with the initial learning curve and need training. I think if Asana had some kind of start tutorial where it guided you through the basic functions and provided explanations for each button and where they are located then that might especially help new users.

Cindy
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Asana Changed Our Entire Workflow

Reviewed on 21/05/2018

It makes my job much easier. It helps office staff be more self-directing, and it keeps us organized on our management team.

Pros

It's accessible from my phone or my desktop. I have several ways of accessing my "to do list" now - I keep on top of my work and projects I'm even peripherally involved in via the inbox. I can filter to just "my tasks" or I can specifically choose a project and view all of its tasks. I can check out the calendar view to see what's going on with a broad look, or I can view individual tasks and all of the subtasks to manage them at a narrower scope. This app connects our management team, some of whom are almost always in the field, so that we can all work together. It's practically eliminated the need for internal emails. We love it. It keeps all of our information relevant, quickly-accessible, and current. Everyone has the most updated news on all of the projects he or she is involved in, so it makes everything move much more quickly, especially in invoicing and business development. One company I work for uses the free version, and I freelance for a company who uses the paid version. It's free or inexpensive, and it works wonders. I like it better than any of the competitors I've tried. The customer service and development teams are pretty transparent and active on their user forums, so that's a plus, too.

Cons

The only thing that I don't like is that once you pick a format for a project, it can't be changed. You can choose to have project organized as a list or as a "board" (think of it like a page full of sticky notes). I have one project that has gotten a lot bigger since I created it, and it would be much better managed at this point as a list, but I'll have to replace it with a list-based project in order to do that. Not a deal-breaker, but definitely should be an option. They're aware of it, and it's on their priority list. I just can't wait til it's released.