Asana

4.5 (12,480)
The work management platform to organize work across teams.

(12,480)
Customer Support Software
4.3/5

Nikhil
Nikhil
  • Industry: Information Services

• Customer Support Software

Your one stop tool to manage and track tasks!

Reviewed on 25/03/2024

I have been using Asana for a month almost now, since the day I started am recommending to my team members to use as i can communicate with them and follow up on the status of the task, all on one tool.

Pros

Task Management, Timelines, Priority wise segregation, Assigning the tasks to relevant team member and communication.

Cons

Couldn't find anything to dislike, from UI to features...everything was upto the mark.

Jenn
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

A taskmaster with a lot of potential

Reviewed on 02/04/2024

Overall, I think Asana is the best project management app on the market. Slack encourages a LOT of banter and makes it really difficult to stay on task. I think Asana is especially great for large teams and teams that need FOCUS. Comments are constrained to tasks and subtasks, and really, well, keeps folks ON TASK!

Pros

Asana was much less bloated than a lot of project management apps I investigated. While there is definitely a learning curve, Asana was significantly easier to understand and quickly implement.

Cons

The templates were overly complicated, and I wish the library of available templates was more varied. Sometimes it is challenging to track comments, and actually locate them, especially when there are a lot of subtasks within a task. A workflow needs to be established in terms of whether users will get email notifications for every update made in Asana. The updates can fill an inbox quickly. Also, I wish it were easier to integrate with Google Calendar. It seems klunky, like there are too many steps.

monday.com

ClickUp
George

Task management made easy

Reviewed on 10/03/2024

Pros

Ease of use for beginners, good for task management, won’t increase teams’ productivity

Cons

Doesn’t necessarily increase productivity on specific tasks but it does increase the likelihood of getting the job done in a timely manner

• Industry: Civic & Social Organization

• Customer Support Software

Asana- an essential task and project manager

Reviewed on 08/12/2023

Usinge asana has been excellent. It has replaced all other task tracking and project management at our organization

Pros

The ability to work on multiple projects, assigned rules, our individualized task, assignment, progressive goal, tracking, various visual guides, such as timeline, itemized list, etc. and the support desk availability

Cons

The free version is good, but ultimately paying to unlock all features is a necessity.

• Industry: Publishing

From One User to a Whole Team

Reviewed on 22/03/2024

Pros

The simplicity of Asana is what caused me first to start using it. I reviewed over a dozen task management tools and chose Asana because of its ease of use. From there, we expanded to using it for our whole team.

Cons

Asana does what it does really well, but it does not have as many features as some on my team wanted.

• Customer Support Software

Transformational tool for nonprofits!

Reviewed on 21/03/2024

Incredibly helpful tool. Highly recommend.

Incredibly helpful tool. Highly recommend.

Pros

Asana has truly added so much value in how we track projects and tasks. It's been so helpful.

Cons

It's not userfriendly to set up, you need some training to get onboarded.

monday.com
Joe

A System With Many Capabilities

Reviewed on 13/03/2024

Asana has been great the more I have been using it. Once you take the time to learn how the system works, it starts working for you. I am able to focus on tasks without being bogged down with other assignments because Asana groups everything in specific projects which cuts down on confusion and inefficiency.

Pros

I like how comprehensive the system is. You can do so much with managing projects, assigning tasks and deadlines, and working cross-departmentally. Once you take the time to learn the system, it becomes so much more useful.

Cons

It can be a little overwhelming in the beginning to navigate the system and use it to its fullest potential. Workflows are challenging to understand. There are a ton of icons on the screen that can overcrowd the page.

A useful resource for tasks

Reviewed on 20/02/2024

Pros

Asana let me the possibility to have more project simultaneously. Add a task is simple and allmmy projects are now in perfect order.

Cons

The date selection is not a real good UX. Every time I need to change something

Claudia
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Managing tasks made easy

Reviewed on 15/02/2024

Pros

It is very visual, has lots of features and ways to show the information and allows comments and different statuses for the tasks and projects.

Cons

It is a little bit limited on the options on the free version and a bit more complex than others

Christina
  • Industry: Higher Education Software
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Asana is great if you have budget

Reviewed on 25/03/2024

I loved asana. Would’ve have continued to use it if the free version was stronger.

Pros

I loved how easy it was to organize projects and visualize different categories and the progress of projects with colours and boards.

Cons

The cost! Had to cancel cause we didn’t have budget and there are free options that do what we need.

Wil

• Customer Support Software

Tracking my team and projects has never been easier!

Reviewed on 26/08/2019

Pros

With Asana, I'm able to easily track projects my team is working and on and where they are with completion. We live off of board view as that gives us a visual idea on what needs to be handled next and by whom. Clicking a box on the board and seeing what tasks have been completed gives me simple access to see who's accountable for things during a project and address any errors in the process. Asana has done an exceptional job also, with making things customizable so that it functions to our company standards and needs.

Cons

The only downfall is that I wish Asana had more options to integrate time tracking as we depend on that to bill our clients. So separating billable from non-billable hours is a must for my company.

Dave
  • Industry: Design

Fantastic project management app

Reviewed on 07/01/2020

Very pleased with Asana for project management and I now use it with any project that has milestones and multiple people involved. I tried many project management apps but Asana was the clear winner. And as it is free it is a no brainer!

Pros

I really like the way you can structure a project and see what has been done, and what is left to do on one screen. Many apps hide completed tasks but with Asana you see everything.

Assigning tasks, due dates and commenting on tasks is very easy. I also like the different ways you an view milestones (list view, calendar view, etc).

Cons

Customers sometimes found it a bit hard to get started. I'm not sure if this is anything to do with Asana or with clients just getting used to something new. Once I had a 5 minute phone conversation to go through it with them, they were on board and using it easily. Some clients switched over to using it exclusively.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

I found Basecamp a bit clunky to use and I really didn't like how completed tasks could only be viewed by going to another screen.

Chase

• Customer Support Software

A god-send for getting us organized

Reviewed on 09/07/2020

We have a lot of different marketing activations spread over various time periods and across multiple brands we own. Being able to organize all of this effectively and keep everyone on schedule has been a tremendous help and has saved us countless hours of time. We use this tool daily to keep everyone on track, and I couldn't be happier with the results.

Pros

Powerful tagging and search functions make it very simple to keep track of our myriad marketing activations and all their associated deliverables. Adding subtasks and including collaborators on tasks makes it very easy to keep track of who needs to do what and by when. Various views like lists, calendars, and kanban boards make it accessible to everyone on the team who thinks and processes information differently. The UX is clean and simple, and the 'my tasks' and 'inbox' features help us all keep track of what's happening in our assigned areas.

Cons

The only con I have is that there is somewhat of a steep learning curve for some of the more advanced features, and there's some serious thinking and heavy lifting required to get everything laid out and organized in the tool and then get everyone onboarded. However, I think this is likely going to be the case with any team adopting a project management tool.

Trello, monday.com, and ClickUp

Reasons for Choosing Asana

We switched from Airtable because it's project management features were not as robust as we needed.

Airtable

Reasons for Switching to Asana

We chose Asana over the alternatives due to the breadth of features, comparative ease of use, and better pricing.

The Ultimate Efficiency Accelerator

Reviewed on 06/01/2021

Altogether, I couldn't picture my work environment without the presence of Asana. The percentage increase in efficiency our team has noticed since integrating the software is substantially high. Personally, I love the large amount of unknown tools/features that I discover on a regular basis, and understanding how I can incorporate them into my workflow is always exciting!

Pros

Asana is a core platform for our business and team-cooperation associated with task management. Organizing assignments and ensuring deadlines are met has never been easier with amazing features such as time allocating & due dates, @mentioning teammates, colour-coding tasks based on their urgency and countless other additions. I found the product easily adaptable and very effective after initial setup, and the vibrant display as well as small animations on completing tasks are truly up-lifting.

Cons

Working alongside a smaller team, Asana didn't seem as the best option due to its slightly greater cost relative to its competitors, though as our business expanded we were content that we remained with the platform.

Louis

Empower a manager to take on larger teams and projects

Reviewed on 24/04/2021

I could not run my business without ASANA. We develop software for a living. It is the SINGLE most important tool that we own. I would go back to coding in notepad. If it would allow us to keep ASANA.

Pros

Asana provides a solid interface that empowers me as a manager to manage more team members more efficiently. This software provides time-saving resources by allowing stakeholders to get their own project updates and track the project's progress without interrupting the team executing the project.
It provides:
- Many ways to plan and manage
- A clear view of the task load on each team member
- Time planning to keep projects on deadline

Cons

Asana provides so many ways of doing things that every person who sets up a project can do so in a unique way. This requires a clear organizational strategy from the start.
The issue:
- Multiple ways of achieving the same outcome
- Confusion on how to work within different project structure approaches

Important to note: These cons are primarily a result of poor onboarding. They are not the fault of the software or ASANA directly. My encouragement is for anyone implementing this project to plan and test projects with a very small number of team members. Only once the entire organization can be trained to create and manage projects according to your prescribed workflow should the software be opened up. You must engage with ASANA's guides early. As well as plan and provide training every employee to see the best ASANA experience.

Basecamp and monday.com

Reasons for Choosing Asana

Our previous software for project management had an extremely limited tool set.

Reasons for Switching to Asana

The freemium approach made it easy to try. Once we dove into it and built several projects. We saw success. It was a no-brainer to continue forward with the product. We onboarded everyone very quickly (too quickly) and saw immediate gains in productivity and morale. There is much satisfaction to be gained by checking of tasks and seeing how much you accomplished each week.
Diane
  • Industry: Insurance Software

Asana Changed my Entire Approach to Work

Reviewed on 06/06/2021

This software helped me keep my job. With numerous complex tasks and projects and rapidly changing priorities, follow-up tasks were slipping through the cracks. Once I started using Asana, I felt confident to take on the most complex projects and job duties without becoming overwhelmed.

Pros

It's easy to jump right in and start working with this, even while you are still learning the interface. It does take a little time to get to know the program so that you know how you want to organize your tasks and projects. I was using lists and spreadsheets to manage my projects previously and some aspects were slipping through the cracks. It allows for easy use by multiple team members without overlap or stepping on each others work. It has completely changed my ability to manage every detail of a project and has substantial flexibility to adapt it as you see fit. There are so many things I like about this software that it's hard to name just one thing that I like most.

Cons

I would like to be able to see the Project that a subtask is part of in the "My Tasks" view instead of that field being blank. It may be due to using the free version that this is not available. I also can't view the priorities in the "My Tasks" view, but I worked around that by creating "tags" with colored numbers, red 1, yellow 2, green 3, etc.

Smartsheet

Reasons for Switching to Asana

Our budget was tight, so Asana's long-term free option (as opposed to a short trial) put it over the top. It has the features we need to complete projects within our small team.
Abraham
Abraham
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Best Free Project Management App for SMB

Reviewed on 23/11/2021

Asana is very easy to use, fast, reliable, and powerful. Just with their free version, I've got nothing else to ask for. It got all I need to run my business and work with my clients. It's the best free project management for me.

Pros

When we switched to Asana years ago, I didn't appreciate it right away because it's a new environment to me had to make a lot of adjustments. But as I use it every day, I got familiar with the app very quickly. It is very easy to use and might have a little learning curve. Navigating the app is all common sense though, and their help docs are very handy if you got any problems. Even though I'm familiar with the app, when I tried to open their knowledgebase, I was surprised to know there's a lot more I can do with Asana. Even with just the free version, it's so powerful and you can do so many things! It's good enough for SMBs who are just starting out. For me, some premium features are just too much so the essential features are sufficient for my business and work.

Another thing I like is you can switch to Kanban view, so it's a goodbye Trello for me. I use this view often on sprints and it's very handy and effective.

Another feature I like is you can convert an email to a task in Asana just by forwarding it to a specific email they give you, then it will be added automagically in your specific project.

I'm also happy that they have released their desktop app. That's a huge help for me in decluttering my browser tabs.

Cons

Asana is a beast. There's nothing to dislike from this app.

Andrea
  • Industry: Higher Education Software
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Asana makes my life easier

Reviewed on 14/05/2022

I have been using asana for at least six years now. Before, I used Excel for complex projects (I worked as a consultant) and to-do list applications for other matters (including, personal.) Since I got asana, all my projects are in one place. In Asana I basically have my life project. I've had a great experience with the application, and I'm glad it now has a desktop application.

Pros

First, I would be delighted with the interface. The projects are on the right, and I can switch between different layouts at the top. I use List and Calendar. I like that in that same view, I can see my labels. I use the labels to prioritize tasks across projects. I like how intuitive it is to navigate through the projects. Second, I like how easy it is to enter information. I can schedule tasks from my email. I can save notes under each task. Third, I like how easy it is to collaborate with others.

Cons

There is no plugin to convert links into tasks when using Firefox. That is so far my only negative point.

LOVE Asana

Reviewed on 09/10/2023

Overall, Asana is INCREDIBLE. I love the ease of everything. Once it's set up, it requires very little maintenance. I've used Asana as a CRM, ATS, Marketing Management system, project manager, employee management, etc. It's amazing to automate tasks and for project management. It's great to implement in companies (as long as they're willing and open to using it). Highly recommend.

Pros

I am personally a big fan of Asana. My previous employer used Slack, and I hated it - it seemed clunky and hard to find things. I did a lot of research to find a better system for files, organization, project management, etc. I found Asana and fell in love. It's very similar to Monday.com. Templates are provided to make it easier to set up. There is a brief learning curve, but it's pretty easy. If you're super tech-savvy, then it takes time to set up exactly how you want, but once you do, then it's minimal maintenance. You can even automate tasks and have it integrated with other apps that you use! I love the sleek look of Asana and the overall ease. It's saved me so much time and helped keep me organized.

Cons

Only a few things that I'm not a big fan of. If you have a big team, then it gets costly pretty quickly - it's $10 - $31/per user per month, depending on the plan. Another thing is that it does take some time to set up IF you are very particular and want to automate a lot of tasks and projects. There are not many cons, considering most project management software takes time to set up and can be costly.

Katie

• Customer Support Software

Very handy project management software for SMBs

Reviewed on 16/11/2023

I love using Asana to manage my business. We literally have everything we're planning to do on there. From stuff like sourcing and logistics, to marketing, we use it to manage our projects in various areas of our work. It's intuitive and easy to set up, and it's got a lot of features for small businesses to log and plan their projects. Would definitely recommend overall.

Pros

I love how you can use it even as a very small company. A lot of the other project management tools we evaluated were either only for large companies or had really low usage limits. Whereas with Asana, we can get all the stuff we want done, and more, without having to jump up three plans in the process. It's also very easy to implement and learn how to use in the beginning

Cons

Nothing sticks out that much, we get the odd bug or issue here and there but it works great almost all the time

Jira and monday.com

Reasons for Switching to Asana

Asana looked much more suited to small-scale use, whereas the other two had harsh usage limits that would've made it a bit costly for us to use properly.
Michelle
Michelle

Long time user

Reviewed on 04/12/2018

I've been using Asana for years- I think starting in 2010 or 11. I've used it so long that many of my accounts started as the free version and I've watched them slowly and effectively roll out added, useful, functionality without hassle or interruption. I've introduced over 10 nonprofit organizations to using Asana, and everyone has loved it.

Pros

Easy to learn, attractive and simple interfaces, easy to make it your daily home base. Great for both new and experienced computer users. I love that you can have task/project-related convos and attachments. This is excellent if you are like me and frequently need to show people where they made decisions in the past in an easy way. I love that events can be recurring on almost every pattern I've ever thought of. I use it for grants tracking, so I can assign out pieces to different team members and easily gather pieces back to me. I love that I can hyperlink to previous years notes, attachments, etc. for easy reference, which is really helpful with donors. I also use it to plan editorial pieces, social media, communications campaigns, nonprofit programs, board meetings, household tasks and chores, etc. Previosuly I used it for large books/projects to break large academic projects into smaller pieces. I've used it with large and small groups aged 18-67. I've set it up for over 10 orgs/groups and it is fast and easy. Everyone loves how easy it is to just start using it. Great email functionality and it has a ton of add-ins you can use to link to other software (like time tracking, invoicing, etc.) I LOVE ASANA.

Cons

I love their free version with a firey passion, but once downside is as they have grown, the free version has lost some searching/reporting capability. However, using their paid product gets you everything you could want. So if you are piloting the free version to get a sense, there is a lot more out there.

Randall
  • Industry: Defense & Space

One of the best task management tools you can get!

Reviewed on 28/05/2019

Pros

Asana is a beautiful and flexible tool for managing your project and for team collaboration. The tool provides a very simple and easy to use GUI that provides you with quick buttons for all the common things you would need, such as creating a new project or task, assigning users, notifications, scheduling, permissions, watchers, etc. I am pretty impressed as all these options are available right on the main window in a very intuitive manner, as opposed to a bunch of buttons being cluttered in one area or options buried within menu trees. I love the fact that you can create tasks and organize them as easy as making using a simple todo list app on your phone. You type your task and can drag them and make dependencies too that way. There are several views that you can use, such as the calendar view, comments view, task view, and custom views that you can personalize to suit your needs. The colors are vibrant, simple, and blend well with the white motif. Although it may appear pretty simple, it also contains powerful advanced options such as page settings, task dependencies, special functions for managing users. As a collaboration tool, everyone sees updates to tasks in realtime. Asana also provides nice graphs, statistics, and reports. Asana integrates with other popular tools as well, such as Google Drive, Dropbox, Salesforce, etc. This isn't even everything that Asana has to offer, it is truly a great tool to work with.

Cons

I don't really have anything negative to say about Asana as it has been a pleasure to use. I guess even with a simplistic tool like this, there are still people in our team that struggle with the initial learning curve and need training. I think if Asana had some kind of start tutorial where it guided you through the basic functions and provided explanations for each button and where they are located then that might especially help new users.

Cha
Cha

• Customer Support Software

Asana reduces the working hours that we can focus on new ways to achieve our work success.

Reviewed on 07/10/2022

This program has taught me to be much more professional and stand out in my area of ​​work due to the wide variety of options that this program offers to educate my administration and marketing of the company's products, this program has it all and every time I we execute we find new ways to be effective and accurate in our work, Asana reduces the working hours that we can focus on new ways to achieve our work success, since this program is a tool that notably trains the skills of each of its users, the particularity with which new projects can be planned for my work department are great and the results are seen in a very short time.

Pros

It is incredible the multiple ways in which this program can help me to continue with the development and management of my work, Asana works like a muscle that we constantly exercise to be much more efficient in my work and faster when carrying out all our activities. this software has taught us to be much more orderly and have a much more solid work infrastructure, and on the other hand this program this program has in its main tasks to expand the image of the company in different media on the web, it will work a marketing of quality to find new opportunities to increase sales and working relationships, Asana has surprised us for a long time with the best tools that a company with high ambitions and new objects needs, this software has the technology to simplify the flow and upload of my work at all times for the comfort of each of its users.

Cons

One of the things that complicates the experience with this program is how complex it can be to manipulate files that were built from scratch, the simplest parameters such as sharing the document could be overwhelmed, the interface does not simplify these processes and bothers us a bit, as it should be a relatively easy development for this software, we are hopeful that this small but annoying detail can be improved and transformed in future updates of the program as we generally want to continue to play with the program.

Ankit
Ankit

For a Healthy Tracking and Management

Reviewed on 14/01/2023

Overall, the experience with Asana can vary depending on the user's needs and expectations. Many users find the tool to be user-friendly and easy to use, with a wide range of features and capabilities that can help them manage tasks, projects, and collaborate with others. Asana's interface is intuitive and easy to navigate, making it accessible to users of all skill levels.In summary, Asana is considered to be a powerful and user-friendly project management tool that can be used by individuals and teams to manage tasks, projects, and collaborate with others. However, it is always recommended to try the free version and test it before committing to a paid plan.

Pros

- Asana's interface is intuitive and easy to navigate, making it accessible to users of all skill levels.- It has a robust set of collaboration features, such as the ability to share tasks, comments, and files, and to integrate with other tools such as Google Drive, Slack, and Trello. It integrates with other tools you might use, such as Google Drive, Slack, Trello, and many more. - Can be used for a wide range of purposes such as managing software development, content creation, event planning and more.Overall, Asana is a powerful and user-friendly project management tool that can be used by individuals and teams to manage tasks, projects, and collaborate with others. It's versatile, customizable, and has a range of features to help you stay organized.

Cons

- Only integrates with a limited number of tools, so it may not be the best choice for users that are looking for more specialized integrations.- Does not offer as many data privacy options and controls as other project management tools.- While Asana offers some customization options, it may not be as customizable as other project management tools.It's important to consider these potential disadvantages when deciding whether or not to use Asana, and to weigh them against the tool's benefits to determine if it is the right choice for your needs.

Charissa

• Customer Support Software

Asana has been a game-changer for our design and marketing teams!

Reviewed on 17/11/2017

Pros

As a Project Manager at a mid-sized software company, I HAVE to have a big picture overview of all work being done: who is doing what, when the deadlines are, and when tasks are completed and approved. And, I need to be able to see what's going on from anywhere at any time. Before we started using Asana, it was incredibly difficult to track all of our projects and I used several data silos to manage all of the details. Asana was a life saver for me because not only does it allow me to see all of the work/tasks assigned to individuals, but my team uses it to communicate with each other - and I can view all of their communications for reference as needed. We also use the integration with the time tracking software, Everhour, and it worked really well for us. The dashboard and reporting functionalities are extremely easy to read, and give a great overview of progress. The free version is an incredible platform on its own, and upgrading to premium is extremely reasonable considering all of the extra reporting functionality you receive. This is a great program for companies that need a simple and intuitive solution for managing projects that require high communication and fast results.

Cons

It would be nice if the interface was more customizable for the purpose of displaying data in ways that would be most helpful for each individual user. Currently the display (of projects and task lists) is fairly inflexible, but, it's very easy to use. Asana does not have gantt charts or any micro level management tools used for budgeting, which is why I recommend using Asana for the communication and deadline aspect of projects, but NOT for carrying out PM responsibilities required for most successful projects.