Zoho People

Human Resources Information System

4.3 /5 (170 reviews) Write a Review!

Jean-marie R.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

zoho People

Reviewed on 08/04/2020

Less paper work , centralized all the leaves we have in the company . The workflow in the approvals is amazing .
As for the employees experience , no more back and forth emails asking how many days left they for vacation , the dashboard can help them track the remaining days and all the records of their previous leaves.

Pros

The software has everything related to Leave types used in an organisation. Forms can be customized to our needs and even the creation of new forms is very easy and has helped our HR department save time /emails and paper work.

Cons

The main issue we faced with this software is the API limitation that has a maximum of 200 record per request. But other than that its perfect.

Great!

Reviewed on 30/06/2020

This has definitely helped in managing my team's personal data and having all their information in one hub.

Pros

Love the UX and the UI. I also think the timestamp feature is super. I can also set it to a certain geographical area. Awesome!

Cons

Staff can't edit their personal details themselves. In the event where there are issues like name spelling error and such, they can't be edited individually.

Catherine C.

Your One-Stop HR Portal

Reviewed on 04/12/2020

I really like the features that it has and that it is easy to use. I would definitely invest in it if I had my own company.

Pros

It's like having my own personal HR administrator on my laptop. Easy to use, to find documents or information that I need and to record information. Very easy to keep track of my working hours whilst working from home during the pandemic and the mobile app is fantastic.

Cons

Its kind of hard to use from an administration perspective initially, but once you get used to it - its much easier.

Adam J.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Great HRMS for the Money

Reviewed on 26/06/2019

great - has been an excellent step into the HRMS world from our spreadsheets and manual processes. Good support, great price, deep feature set.

Pros

Very reasonable pricing, with a great depth of features. You can customize everything, build out approvals, workflows, automation and even custom script entire new modules. If you use other products in the Zoho Suite, it has incredible integrations as well. It was a huge step up (but small commitment in terms of cost) from our spreadsheets and manual processes.

Cons

Complicated to set up - but that is expected given the level of customization, flexibility and functionality involved. HR is a complex thing - setting up HR Software to conform with your policies is too. But this software provides great value. Also, shifts feature was a bit lacking for how we operate, but that was not a critical feature need for us.

Debbie K.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

• Customer Support Software

Really versatile and cost-effective HR system that allows a lot of customization

Reviewed on 07/11/2017

A very cost effective and versatile system overall.

Pros

Allows a great deal of customization, which is really important to me. Once you learn how to work with templates, it's very easy to go in and create online forms, and customize sections specific to your company. They are quite responsive to questions and generally get back to me very quickly. Calculations can be done in most any form, which again, once you learn, is a great tool. The cost is well below other systems that I've looked at, and I think I've researched them all! It's very cost-effective overall, which is great for small companies like mine.

Cons

There are some technical issues that I'm still waiting to have resolved, which would make this product even better. For instance, a scrolling page problem in their newest interface that forces me to expand the browser in order to do a vertical scroll. There is also an issue with dates reverting to a format I do not use (i.e., day then month, when the US version is month then day).

Prajakta K.

Great HRMS tool for startups

Reviewed on 08/02/2019

Overall good tool to start your HR functions getting automated for small companies.For larger size companies, this won't be suitable for the end to end HR needs.

Pros

Zoho People is very user-friendly for the organization who is willing to automate their HR processes for the first time.
Onboarding team of Zoho People provides a great 1 to 1 support to make end user comfortable with the functionalities of the software
Flexible tool to match your organization's HR processes
Covers most of the aspects of HR except payroll

Cons

Post onboarding of the tool, facing challenges with the support team as every time new engineer will get assigned to you
No function available for recruitment management so it won't solve your hiring purpose

Shadab S.
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

A good HR management software but can be improved.

Reviewed on 03/11/2018

Pros

I am using this HR management software with my current organization. It is very helpful and easy to use in regards to log my daily attendance, leave application and other HR related activities. It is easily integrated with other softwares which my organization uses. It is also very cost effective based on the features it provides.

Cons

The UI can be enhanced and sometimes it does lag while using certain features. This is my only recommendation to the Zoho team to work upon.

Gururaj D.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

The Best software for HR managenent

Reviewed on 19/09/2018

Pros

Ease of use.
Great visibility for all the functions.
Good tool for the employee evaluation.
Best for tracking employee utilization.
Can easily view all the function available.

Cons

No, I do not have any cons about zoho people software.

Eskender T.

• Customer Support Software

It's a best platform for sharing documents between co-workers.

Reviewed on 23/08/2017

Pros

Ease of access. It is built with a consideration of accessing the platform with some ease. I specifically used the spreadsheet, and I found it very interactive for myself and my team to interact in Zoho.

Cons

I had trouble adding a group to member of a document. I had a document & I was able to share with people. There is an option to share to a whole group, but when I tried it, I couldn't get any response. Maybe that was not part of the trial period. Other than that, I enjoyed my experience here.

Rita F.
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Zoho People

Reviewed on 15/11/2017

Pros

We've implemented Zoho People as our first HR system. This decision was based on flexibility, ease of use, functionality and of course security of our data. While it does not provide attractive interface as other products we demo, Zoho People has an all in one solution from new hire to termination with room for customization. All the main function of HR (performance, training, employee record, recruitment, benefits, reporting...) are working flawlessly for our company.

Cons

As with all software, there are many areas to improve. Zoho People team has been working hard to do just this as demand arise.

Swamy P.
  • Industry: Automotive
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

• Customer Support Software

Startup freindly software and best in the industry pricing model

Reviewed on 03/07/2017

Pros

We've been using the app since past 15 days and it has already started working wonders for us by overcoming the human error aspect which had turned out to be a big headache. It's highly customizable and user friendly. The cloud and mobile environment gives us wings. Looking forward to subcribe to premium features with full confience.

Shraddha ajit M.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

very good

Reviewed on 12/06/2018

Pros

Performance review can be easily done with this software. Reports are easily generated. Employees can check their own performance as well

Cons

the leave management module is a very good section. Easily managed leaves on daily basis is possible at a single go

Gangadhara swamy D.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

• Customer Support Software

This is an amazing software... Initially i thought it is useful for startups...

Reviewed on 26/07/2017

Automation of process, Simple not complicated HR Software

Pros

Easy to understand, Interactive, Efficiency, Not required too much technical skills, helps in automating HR system

Cons

Should have had employee payroll. Integration with CRM. Integration with Zoho Books. Dedicated hotline for support

Socrete M.

Great HR tool

Reviewed on 05/03/2019

Pros

Allows for a lot of customization. Centralizes all of the data so you can make it accessible to members of your team easily. You can filter through reports. Lets you put office restrictions however you like. Reports produced cannot be edited outside of the program so it helps with security.

Cons

It is not intuitive but also not difficult to figure out. The mobile app is a bit buggy and crashes from time to time but the desktop version works great.

Hassan A.

functional with poor stability

Reviewed on 18/12/2018

i think the code need refactor and more work in performance

Pros

zoho people integrated with other zoho product so i can start chat on zoho people and continue the chat on zoho cliq, have many feature so i can do alomst any thing

Cons

almost each time i try to check in or check out i have to make sure the action is done because many time it's fail and there is no feedback or error displayed.
the performance need improves

Pamela C.
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

• Customer Support Software

Zoho People is a hidden gem! I am glad that I found it. I use it for my company and my...

Reviewed on 20/07/2017

Pros

The ability for staff to check in from remote locations. This is a terrific feature because I can track the geographic location as well. We are a remote team so this works well for us. We use Zoho People to provide HR services to our clients as well.

Cons

It does not integrate with a payroll system (well actually it does - Zoho Payroll, which is only available in CA.)

Ayesha M.

• Customer Support Software

easy to use and efficient.

Reviewed on 17/08/2017

Pros

We are a small organisation that got tired with all the people managing software and their inefficient service. finally we landed on to zoho . The thing we like most is the prompt customer service who solve your problems in a minute.

Cons

ALL the functionality seems to unavailable some time. uploading respective documents is not supported yet.

Tu N.
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Reviewed on 26/08/2017

IT 's free

Pros

Zoho is very good domain mail service, it's so easy to install. I'm IT manager and I feel so greats.

Melissa R.

Simple and easy to use

Reviewed on 23/04/2018

Pros

This software is very easy to use and allows for a lot of flexibility and customization. I really like the template feature and I like how calculations can be done quickly and easily.

Cons

The slow response time from customer support as well as time clock feature made us go another route.

Adrien F.

• Customer Support Software

Incredible, it does fit perfectly ou needs

Reviewed on 05/07/2017

Pros

Flexibility : We took the software from 0 and bring it to do exactly what we need. I am sure that it will help us with our HR issues

Cons

A little bit complexe, but it does worth the effort, it tooks us 5 hours to set up perfectly and we are now using it everyday to give and receive feedback

Chelsea S.

• Customer Support Software

We have been using Zoho People for a couple of weeks now, and haven't had much difficulty at...

Reviewed on 20/09/2017

Pros

We like the interface of the software as well as the ease of use. Our employees out in the field will have a much easier time clocking in and out of projects.

Cons

The customer service/Support does not have a quick response time. It has delayed the decision in our purchase.

Risti R.

• Customer Support Software

so good for manage job in company

Reviewed on 16/06/2017

i know about the software to manage task very well

Pros

I like the feed. because it makes easy to control job and to send a task to another employee in the company.

Cons

goals and asset, I don't understand about it at all. and the help for self-service is difficult to be searched.

Dennis N.

• Customer Support Software

I've used it in a software company, we managed the comapny organization,employee...

Reviewed on 11/01/2018

Pros

First of all i like the design overall it looks very good, second i like the live tracking of employee attendance and the amount of information that can be provided for a employee( the big range of industries and technologies ) and third thing that i like is the view for organization of company

Cons

I don't like the thing that i can't just click on a employee and see their profile i must find it in the organization tree and access it from there, and i don't like the way the profile data its presented like a pop up from the right side and its very long and not categorised very good.

Prasanna vadan M.

Good HRMS system. Simple and yet powerful

Reviewed on 10/08/2017

Pros

All essential Capabilities out of the box & customization capabilities. Loved the workflow capabilities.

Cons

At this time, don't see any functional gaps... except for slow response times on rare few occasions.

William H.

Pleasant

Reviewed on 05/07/2017

Pros

Been able to customize the forms to your needs and the needs of the company. The wide variety of forms also available

Cons

The app for the phone seems to have some login issues . The check in and check out of work option also does not record correctly for employees .