Trello

4.5 (20,062)
Visual collaboration tool for shared project perspectives

(20,062)
4.3/5

20,062 reviews

Faruk A.

• Customer Support Software

Great tool to plan and track our marketing tasks

Reviewed on 29/07/2021

I used the free version of Trello for my personal planning, and it was way too much generous free software. I even felt like the owners of this app just wanted to make a favor to the people who like planning. Due to my role, I also have the privilege to use Trello at my company. It's much powerful with all the integrations added. Everyone in my team is very happy to use the tool except those who missed their task due dates :)

Pros

I'm using the paid version which allows many integrations that make our members' lives easier. The software is so easy to set up. The UI is so clean and easy to navigate. I can customize it according to my needs and taste. Coloured labels, tagging, due dates are most often a part of our task management routine. I like the voting option, sometimes we need to make a decision and this little detail helps. Since it is now a work app for me, I don't use a mobile app so it's hard to say for me how it works but the web version is so convenient and slick.

Cons

As a user who have experience on both free and paid versions, even if I tried hard, I couldn't find any pitfalls of this app.

Matt M.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Very intuitive and easy to immediately

Reviewed on 23/07/2021

Trello has been a huge boost to staying organized with not just my big projects, but also with my daily tasks and staying organized in all of my activities.

Pros

I've used both the paid and free versions of this platform and the free version is as simple to use as the paid version. You do get additional features with the paid version, but for managing your own tasks and projects the free version will still provide everything that you need. I've used a number of project management platforms and Trello stands out because it's very intuitive to use and organize the information you're working on.

Cons

Occasionally, I wish Trello had some prompts on how to better organize information, but this isn't a deal-breaker. I really like it when software can help to save me from my own disorganization, and Trello primarily does that with a very simple setup, but I would also accept some prompts or suggestions too.

Lina S.

Great software for remote working

Reviewed on 20/08/2021

Overall experience with Trello is very positive. It is the perfect tool to work remotely and as a freelancer I can collaborate with different clients on the same programme, just switching through different boards. It has great functionalities and even a lot more potential that I need, so it is good to know that there's room for me to expand my workflow even further. There are some minor inconveniences, but overall I am a very happy user.

Pros

I like that it is free. As a freelancer, I am usually the one that is completing the tasks and not managing boards, therefore, most of the times that is all I need. My clients use the paid version, which provides more versatility and bigger file uploads. I like that paid and free can still collaborate with no disruptions. This is a perfect product for remote work collaboration. I think the options to colour code the tasks is great, I use it to mark work in progress and completed work. I am also a very visual person, so cover photos are perfect. I create artwork and it is so much easier to find the task I am looking for by the image, not by the title.

Cons

I think notification panel could be improved. I don't really like how its laid out, it's quite overwhelming. Also, there is no option to delete a board , only to archive it. Sometimes you need to just delete things and that should be an option. But the archive button is my biggest pet peeve. If you accidentally press archive, it does not ask you are you sure Y/N? It just goes away. And I can never find the archive easily, every time I have to google where it is. It wastes my time, and it could just be fixed by a 'are you sure you want to archive this' pop-up.

Juan manuel C.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

• Customer Support Software

The kanban board you were looking for

Reviewed on 27/05/2021

My experience with Trello was more than satisfactory, I have used it for many years, both to organize personal tasks, projects, university work and developments at work. It fulfills its function to the letter and runs in a way that looks like you are using it locally. I highly recommend it as it is, in my opinion, the best in the area it encompasses.

Pros

Trello has an extremely low learning curve, anyone can use it and customize it at ease. Being its free version it allows you to use the vast majority of its options. It has a very comfortable and fluid drag and drop card system that makes you feel like you are working locally. The handling of the cards, the organization and the filing of the same is very comfortable. The uptime is very high, in more than 5 years of use only once I could not enter and it lasted very little. It has an application for cell phones (Android / iOS) that is very fluid and looks better than expected considering that trello is used horizontally

Cons

The weakness of the program is the lack of more interesting free plugins, to put a but. But in general, it complies with everything that it says to solve

Notion

Reasons for Switching to Trello

For all the aforementioned and being the most popular application, users were already familiar with the tool and did not feel the change.
Victor L.

The original management tool

Reviewed on 06/03/2021

Highly recommended must-have tool for every developer and project manager. Working with Trello can't be easier and is the natural first step for every idea and project. While you might outgrow Trello one day there is no easier way than Trello to get started. The perfect tool for starters to learn kanban style management too!

Pros

Trello has been around for a long time and is still to date one of the best tools available. It is one of the first kan-ban tools and still remains true to their identity by providing that and only that. The simplicity and instant usability are unmatched by any other software. Just write down your ideas, organize them and start working. The management and tracking are a breeze. Anytime I start something new and want to get started quickly Trello is my go-to tool. Everything is self-explanatory and streamlined. The interface is very clean and streamlined. All you have to focus on is what you want to accomplish.

Cons

Having the easiest accessible software also comes with some limitations. When it comes down to it Trello is a kanban board. It is the best at what it does and doesn't strive to do what it doesn't. So if your project develops into something bigger there will inevitably be a day when you have to find a more complete solution for team, task, and project management. Power-ups might help you stay a little longer but eventually, you might outgrow that too. However that doesn't mean leaving Trello for good, it means moving this specific project. Trello will still be ready to help you get started with your next project.

Microsoft To Do and Todoist

Reasons for Switching to Trello

Trello is better for planning. I still use other list software for tasks that has two states: To do and Done but if your tasks have to progress through a multi-stage workflow then Trello is the obvious choice.
Kayla F.
  • Industry: Media Production

• Customer Support Software

Perfect for Podcast Production!

Reviewed on 09/02/2021

I have used Trello for both blog writing and podcasting and have found it absolutely perfect for tracking the progress of a podcast episode. It's great!

Pros

Trello allows us to easily track the progress of each podcast episode, from idea phase to scheduling interviews to publishing and sharing on social media. We can easily move an episode's card throughout the production process to ensure we stay on track. LOVE IT!

Cons

Sometimes things go out of order - for example, we may schedule a guest before writing an outline - and then we don't have an easy way to reflect that in the column structure. It's worth it anyway, though!

Reasons for Choosing Trello

Our Google Sheets were messy and hard to update, and difficult to understand at a glance. Trello fixes all of that!

Google Sheets

Reasons for Switching to Trello

I love the visual column layout - it's so easy to see where a project is at with just a glance.
Andrew P.

Trello Review

Reviewed on 31/01/2021

Overall, my experience with Trello has been great. The system does take a little time to adjust to, simply because it is a new form of to-do lists and project managements that many people are unfamiliar with. However, that initial learner's curve is not too steep and learning the ins-and-outs is painless and easy to implement across teams. Rather than working across multiple channels like Slack, Salesforce, and Outlook, Trello helps consolidate all of these communications in one place to raise issues in a timely manner, manage task loads, and collaborate more efficiently and effectively.

Pros

Trello's project management is a bit unorthodox at first (at least for me and my team), but after getting familiar with the Kanban boards, the system seriously changes the way I view to-do lists and how they can be optimized for more efficient workflows. Trello makes it easy to manage tasks amongst team members, assign duties, and to track against milestones. Rather than wasting time every week in meetings to get updates from the team, Trello seamlessly tracks everyone's completed tasks, raises issues instantly, and makes tracking milestones extremely simple. Easily the best project management software I have worked with and is a serious game-changer for project management.

Cons

While Trello is an incredible tool, I wish there was some more functionality and features to enhance the core product even more. I work on multiple projects at once across multiple teams, which involves a lot of switching back-and-forth between boards and tasks. I would love if Trello was able to consolidate all of the tasks across one's various boards to provide an overview of tasks and their due dates as well as issues across the different teams. An all-in-one dashboard would make the system even more adaptable and easier to implement across more teams and could even replace systems like Salesforce for our organization in regards to project management.

Nate S.
  • Industry: Design

Trello has made task management at work so much easier that my wife and I use it at home now

Reviewed on 26/01/2021

My overall experience has been excellent. I'd still have sticky notes all over my desk trying to keep track of what I need to work on if it wasn't for Trello.

Pros

It's extremely straightforward and makes task lists incredibly easy to manage. Shuffling around priorities couldn't be easier and it has removed a lot of the mess of trying to keep track of what I need to get done and when from my head. For someone with ADD, this is such a helpful program.

Cons

I really can't think of anything I dislike about the software. It has been really helpful for a person like me.

Reasons for Choosing Trello

Looking for something less flashy and more straightforward

Evernote Teams

Reasons for Switching to Trello

Mixed reviews internally at our company. Some liked it, others felt it gave the clients too much access to our designers.
Brian S.

Trello is Perfect for a Single User Who Likes Kanban

Reviewed on 21/10/2020

I've been using Trello since 2015 (it's almost 2021) and I plan to continue using it every day. I have dropped it occasionally for other project management tools (JIRA, Asana--both because of clients) but I came back because I need something very simple for my client work.

I wake up every day and pop open my calendar and Trello to see what's on the agenda. I also check it in between almost every work session or meeting. I move cards around as they get done or re-prioritized and try to focus only on the tasks I need do each day.

My work output is measured on the outcomes I get for my clients and how much I can accelerate their learning while working together. I just need a tool to get out of the way of my work and Trello does that really well. Highly recommend for a single consultant or freelancer. I can see this working well for small teams that work in semi-formal sprints and need to collaborate too.

Pros

Simplicity. Trello uses a very simple hierarchy to organize tasks. You can have 1+ boards and each board can have vertical lists that contain your cards. I use it to organize my tasks into these lists: "To Do Today", "To Do This Week", "Done", "Backlog", and "Blocked". With very little maintenance throughout the week and then at the beginning of every week, I can easily see the roadmap for the week.

Major plus is the addition of labels. I only work with 3 - 6 clients at one time. Instead of having several boards and having to click through each one to manage tasks, I have them on the same board and tagged with different colored labels. Since I will have 10 - 20 tasks in a week, this makes it easy to see that all my client projects are making progress.

All in all, I need simple task management across a few projects and this is better than other software that I use for that. I actively use Asana on a specific project and have used JIRA extensively but I still prefer this for my consulting work.

Lastly, getting one free power up on the free plan is nice. I use the recurring tasks power up and have 5-10 recurring tasks (monthly for payroll, weekly for recurring meetings).

Cons

The search function and the reporting are the weak points.

In particular, the search function makes it very hard to find information. I think if you have a robust team or use your project management tool as a way to look back at past solutions, you may find this lacking. I keep most of my notes in G Docs because of this so this isn't an issue very often. I probably run into this 1-2x/month.

Reporting isn't part of Trello from what I can tell. I don't need super robust reporting but I did start using a process where it would be nice to get an export. I ended up upgrading to the basic paid plan to do that but I didn't find it useful enough to continue paying for.

Related, you only get one free power up. I think this is acceptable amount since...it's free. But I rarely look into the other power ups since I know I need the recurring one. I did see that they have a Trello Gold plan for $5/month which gives you 3 power ups. That seems worth it as a single user (although I won't revisit needing to upgrade until I revisit my processes at the turn of the year).

Basecamp, Asana, and Jira

Reasons for Switching to Trello

I like them all for different reasons. For an independent consultant, they all had too much overhead involved.
Rajesh C.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

• Customer Support Software

Task Management is now in your finger tip

Reviewed on 22/10/2020

Back in the day, when we used to write down our tasks in a diary and notebook which was so much analog and difficult to manage. But, in this modern world, when technology is developed and came to its peak, we should not struggle with our task management. Trust me; Trello makes task management easier than ever. Now, you can track all of the tasks of your boards or projects. When it comes to my personal opinion, I will always give a higher rating to this innovative software as it makes my work-life so convenient and easier.

Pros

There is no denying the fact that Trello is so much impressive when it comes to managing your tasks. Trello makes my work life easier. The most impactful feature of this software that I found helpful is I can organize my tasks into several categories. For example, now I know what task is not completed yet, what I am doing, and what I already have completed. Even I can track my completed tasks to follow up further if I have to do that. Trello is so much easy to use. The templates are so much user-friendly. You can even tag your co-workers and when it comes to monitoring the tasks, it becomes so much easier. Another impressive feature I like about this software is I can attach necessary documents to make the task presentable and easy to understand to everyone.

Cons

First of all, Trello has great room to develop in its storage options. Besides, I found there is a good limitation in using keyboard shortcuts. On top of that sometimes managing too many tasks become so hectic. Currently, tasks are allocated to only one project or board. I think they should also improve the overall co-ordination option between different boards.

Traci W.
  • Industry: Online Media

My number favorite organization tool ever

Reviewed on 12/10/2020

After not being very productive with my blog for a long time, because for me in order to be productive I need to be organized, Trello was the answer to my prayers. I have been so much more productive since implenting Trello. I can find things that I need quickly instead of wasting time finding or not finding what I need when I need it.

Pros

Trello is so customizable and has so many features. I have to admit I am a Trello board hoarder and I use different boards in different ways.

I use it for personal use- my daily calendar, menu planning, kids school stuff, household management, household inventory, family medical records, and so much more.

For my business, I use it to track all my content ideas, content calendar, affiliates, training, workflows, products, product ideas, and so much more.

It is so customizable and easy to track where I am with things.

If I have someone help me on a project it is easy to keep track of who is where so we don't have to keep checking in with the other person which frees up more time to get things done.

Cons

I haven't really found anything I don't like about it. The worst I could say about Trello I guess, and it is just a personal thing, I wish it would be easier to see/access cards that are lower. I can scroll down but I like to see everything on my screen at once. I don't know how they would fix this as I just have so many cards.

Reasons for Switching to Trello

It looked more visably appealing and easier to learn. The workflow looked easier for my brain to understand.
Jr. C.
  • Industry: Sports

Helpful for Small Projects, Hard to Scale

Reviewed on 13/10/2020

Trello has been very helpful for small teams projects and personal projects. It can be very quick for one to learn the basics, set-up and and collaborate with on a basic level. One needs to be mindful that Trello is harder to scale compared to JIRA, but much easier to gett started on.

Trello has a free option that is worth trying to see if it will help your organization stay on top of projects and tasks, and is a more feature rich, online version of a sticky note board on a white board.

Trello constantly has updated that make the proiduct more feature rich, and the new feature help with efficenceny and effectivenesss.

Pros

Trello is very easy to get initialized and running for a small teams or projects, or to organize personal work. It makes it easy to take a list of tasks to do and put them in an organized manner to allow for collaboration and consistency, it is ideal for small teams and projects and is quicker to learn and initialize, when compared to JIRA. The user-friendly UX on the web and mobile is nice for new and experienced users. Trello is a nice alternative to Asana, and can be used as a substitute.

Cons

I found that Trello is much harder to scale for big teams and projects. It does not seem as efficient of effective when managing bigger teams of developers working on multiple separate projects when compared to JIRA. Trello can be hard to maintain a sense of control for a project when there is a lot of moving parts. When trying to become an advanced Trello user, I found it took some time to get used to the product, and learn effecicent ways of using the product; it seems that there is no perfect way to use Trello.

Notion

Reasons for Choosing Trello

Easier to be under the Altassian family of products, though Asana was very good as well.

Reasons for Switching to Trello

Easier to learn, Altassian product relaiiblity.
Maria D.

Great product for the price

Reviewed on 18/08/2020

Overall, I'd recommend this product to anyone who is looking to get started on simple task tracking, especially within a team. Hoping the product will release more features, like the ones mentioned above.

Pros

I love Trello's clean and customizable UI. It makes it easy for me to track tasks and to add as many columns to indicate a task's status as needed.

Cons

Lack of features that could immensely improve the product, such as time tracking for individual projects and increased ability to collaborate with other users. Some features I wish it included are: calendar view to see deadlines for specific tasks, and dates added to comments so updates can be tracked.

Asana and monday.com

Reasons for Choosing Trello

Todoist only allows for basic task tracking before you have to pay. Trello has more features available and a more customizable platform.

Todoist

Reasons for Switching to Trello

Other members on my team had been using Trello, which makes for easier collaboration if I adopted it as well. I tried the free trial for monday.com and found it confusing to learn, and I had used Asana at a prior company and wasn't thrilled about using it again.
Rachel C.

Love this product, very visual and straightforward, highly recommend

Reviewed on 30/07/2020

Pros

There is SO much to like about this software, it's hard to narrow down. The versatility of the software is incredible. We have a variety of different teams (e.g. photography, video, writing, web development...) and each team's boards are completely independent of one another, with completely different workflows. Other tools seem restrictive whereas Trello is incredibly customizable, and change is easy. We were also able to create templates for each team's workflow, which made building out new project requests a total breeze. The calendar powerup is incredibly helpful, adn the ability to build out cards with checklists, labels, due dates, attachments, etc. gives the perfect amount of flexibility and accountability tracking we need. I could go on and on about this software, I absolutely love it.

Cons

When the pricing structure changed a year or two ago, we had to totally restructure our work to be able to keep the software (we are state funded and could not afford our current structure once the price increased). We had to transition from nine teams to one team, separated out by tags. We have a TON of boards, so this was less than ideal but still totally manageable.

The one other thing I like least is the limitations placed on board powerups. They are SO useful, and the tool is still incredible without them, but I wish my whole team had gotten to experience the powerups (I was one of the only Gold members).

Reasons for Switching to Trello

Trello offered us the ability to maintain workplace autonomy by allowing each of our production teams their own customized workflows and ability to track all communication, updates, progress, etc. in one place.
Rick H.

Just kept growing

Reviewed on 30/06/2020

You get a lot for free. I ran my last business on the free version alone. The power-ups really allow great integration and automation

Pros

Started with Trello as a free planning and to-do product and it just kept growing and growing and growing. Best part is that unlike some products it kept growing with us becoming part of the daily production and planning process.

Cons

My only complaint is that the search feature seems to be a little weak. The ranking of search results seems erratic. eg. if I search ACME inc. you would think the most recent or most frequently accessed cards would come up but they seem almost random.

Smartsheet

more customizable

Cielle B.

• Customer Support Software

I am getting so much more done

Reviewed on 07/05/2020

It was definitely worth the learning curve to figure out the best way for me to use Trello. And it really wasn't all that hard. I had to watch a few tutorials. Plus, because the software is so flexible. even when I made a few mistakes in setting up my first projects, I could easily restructure things within the setup. In other words, I didn't have to start over, I could simply change things as I went forward and noticed the need. This is great because with complex projects, even now that I know the software better, as project needs change, with Trello I can easily modify the tracking system I set up.

Pros

Trello's software is very flexible. I can set it up to meet my needs and tailor it to the way I tend to track workflow. Whether a project is big or small, I can easily track the next step or steps needed to be completed to move the project forward.

And it offers a simple way to see at a glance all the projects I am currently working on.

Cons

Because the software is so flexible and open-ended, it took me a while to understand how to use it. I had been using a different project managing software before Trello. It was much less flexible and as a result, easy to implement "out of the box ". But I quickly ran into its limits.

With Trello, it feels like there are no limits but at the same time it took me longer to figure out how to use it."

Lisa C.

Worth it!

Reviewed on 08/05/2020

I supervise a team of three HR professionals. Our biggest problem in our work execution was determining who was doing what when. I also needed to be able to follow up with them regarding items that had been referred to them for review, or even issues we discussed during our weekly one-on-one meetings. Through Trello, they are able to work on tasks and I can see their updates in the "activity" portion of the Trello card. I also get weekly and daily updates regarding tasks that are due soon. My team -- which was very skeptical about their ability to use Trello -- is very pleased and have even begun making their own boards! The use of Trello has cut down our meetings from hours to a bi-weekly stand-up call of 15 minutes.

Pros

Trello gives you great planner options on its FREE version, which is a fantastic value. Other products have free versions that are either barely functional, or have a limited time during which you can use the free version. Trello does not.

Cons

Honestly, there is really nothing that I dislike about this software. The only thing that comes close (and is not really a "con") is that there is a slight learning curve in order to leverage many of the extra features. The joy of this is that you can still use Trello with great functionality and never really miss these extra features such as the Butlers or Powerups

Karrie C.
  • Industry: Online Media

Trello Is A Business Must Have

Reviewed on 27/03/2020

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

Pros

I love the visual boards that are easy to drag and drop, easy learning curve, the ability to add due dates, and checklists. I use it for my business. Each client and subcontractor gets their own board. I love that you can get templates as starting off points. And it's free or inexpensive.

Cons

I know there is automation with Butler but haven't figured out how to use it. I wish you could add more storage under the free level. But it's still very inexpensive. I wish I could bring all the board's due dates under one master to do list.

ClickUp

Reasons for Choosing Trello

I disliked Asana because I could never go back and find information I wanted to reference. Each card in Trello contains the information or conversation, so it's nice to have it in one spot and labeled clearly.

Reasons for Switching to Trello

I really liked ClickUp's to do list feature but I think Trello has an easier learning curve which is essential with beginners in business. They often don't have time to learn new tools.
Randy E.

Any amazingly productive tool that is super simple to use

Reviewed on 21/01/2020

I have been using Trello for years in multiple use cases. I won't repeat the features here, because you can find those, but because of those features I have used it in these kinds of cases:
- First and foremost for my daily and longer term task tracking at work. Although my office officially works in Jira, I use Trello for my non-billable tasks (and in fact for organizing many of my billables) because it is much easier and faster to use (then I just go to Jira to charge the time).
- For personal task management
- For collaboration with family
- It is EXTREMELY useful in collaboration on projects supporting non-profits I work with - it's free, easy to use, and doesn't require any software install, so it's the easiest option for me to get a committee or team together on one tool to plan, coordinate, keep notes and records. It has helped some of my non-profit projects that I don't think would have succeeded otherwise.
- For both online and in-person UX testing such as card sorts.
- For documenting data models.
- For documenting project process outlines.
- For documenting design elements in a design process.
I think I could probably go on for a bit longer, but these are the use cases I repeat often.

Pros

The best feature of Trello is that it is so simple and intuitive to use that I can have non-profit board members, committee members, and clients who have never seen it before up and running with it in very short order. It is the perfect balance of essential functionality with ease of use. Capable software that is too hard to understand is useless, as is software that is so simple it does nothing - Trello allows you to have teams quickly become productive without a massive investment in training time (and the associated drop-off in use).

Cons

Maybe it's because I'm so used to using it that I know what the limitations are and stay within them, that I don't have a strong 'least' liked feature. I guess I find the label color schemes rather limiting, but I know there are chrome extensions to help address that, and really the problem is that what I would want to do with labels varies with my application and I've been too lazy to really think through appropriate labeling schemes and exploring the extension options - I think writing this review will probably give me enough of a push to do that. However, this also demonstrates what I like about Trello - the default options are always 'sane' and not too complicated, so it is easy to get any team up and using it quickly. More complicated options would interfere with that.

Ty C.
  • Industry: Paper & Forest Products

• Customer Support Software

My favorite personal project management tool ever!

Reviewed on 20/12/2019

It always does exactly what i need it to do. Never dealt with bugs, sync issues. Provides me a lot of relief managing my day to day. No matter what device i am near i can add something to a list and continue along.

Pros

I have used many different project management/personal organization tools and none of them ever seemed to "stick" until Trello came along. The app is fantastically built with an incredible UX no matter the device. They haven't overloaded it with unnecessary extra junk and i appreciate that. They stick to their core mission and do the right things really, really well and it's because of that i still use it.

Using it as a collaborative tool is also great. It might not be DevOps and some people may knock it for that but there is definitely a place for it in an agile organization.

Cons

I personally don't consider this a criticism but i could see how some would say its not good enough as an enterprise project management tool. I can understand where they are coming from BUT my primary use of this platform is personal project management and task management.

I also think most projects could easily employ a agile model facilitated by Trello but it's really a personal preference.

Evernote Teams

Reasons for Switching to Trello

I really like the UI of Trello. It's intuitive and easy to use.
Michael W.
  • Industry: Publishing

Great Tool for Staying on Track

Reviewed on 18/11/2019

It's a great tool. The paradigm of board / list / card is easy to follow and simple to teach to even the most technophobic user.

Pros

Trello's "board / list / card" format makes it great for sharing tasks and passing them over to other departments to track production flow. Our company produces upwards of 200 new products per year so the production details are passed between departments and handed-off with ease with this tool.

Cons

The Free Tier versus the Business Tier is a big jump. There's very little room to tiptoe into the commercial version of the tool. The Business version is expensive for large organizations. That being said, the free tier does everything we need it to do. The biggest downside of this system is that you can potentially back up the system by downloading json files, but there is NO TOOL to restore lost data! One would have to manually re-enter every card and every detail in the system which would be a disaster. They really do need to focus on their import/export abilities which are currently completely nonexistent.

Reasons for Choosing Trello

Asana wasn't quite what we needed for our particular requirements, and Trello was very very easy to adapt to our needs.

Reasons for Switching to Trello

A department head had previous experience with Trello and was convinced it was the perfect tool for our needs. They were right.
Ishanka M.

• Customer Support Software

My favorite, simple and easy to use task management tool on the Internet

Reviewed on 13/11/2019

The ease of use and layout makes this great for smaller projects, but also holds the platform back from fulfilling the needs of bigger operations. With my experience with Trello, I think it is a must-have tool for freelancers, small companies and new startups.

Pros

Trello is a project management software that allows teams to collaborate on a project. This platform is commonly used by software development teams, small startups, and entrepreneurs who are working together with a team to create a product of sorts. It allows for easy communication, updates on tasks, and the general oversight of a project. Through my experiences of working with the software platform, here are some of the pros and cons I have found to be true of this platform.

Ease of Use - I was shocked to see older professors in a college setting using this platform, but thanks to the simplicity, almost anyone who is semi-tech savvy can easily navigate and figure out the basics of Trello.

Device Accessibility - Typically, when you are on the go, you don't always have time to be working off of your laptop. With Trello, it is easy to manage boards, lists, and cards from a mobile or tablet device.

Notifications - It is easy to stay up to date with any project as users are sent notifications through the mobile and web app platforms.

Layout - The way the task, cards, and list are set up allows for one to quickly understand the status of the project and access details needed in specific areas of the project.

Cons

Limited Storage - In the freemium model, the most each file attachment can be in size is 10 MB. This can be problematic if the team needs to view a PDF, video, or slide deck presentation that you are trying to add to the board. This can easily be resolved by a user posting a link on Trello of a google drive file, but the creation of that google drive file may come as an inconvenience.

Commenting - As progress is made, you may want to edit a comment made previously to avoid confusion among team members. Trello does not allow for editing comments, which can come as a hassle. Instead, you must write a new comment.

Vanessa H.

• Customer Support Software

I LOVE TRELLO!!!! It will change your life.

Reviewed on 12/11/2019

Best organizational tool out there! Highly recommend for home and work use. The possibilities are endless.

Pros

Everything!!! The customization, the integrations, the data it can sort/ share, team collaboration, organizational flows (for personal and work related items). Trello has change my life and my clients lives. I manage real estate listings and transactions for clients in here and they can see everything I do. They know exactly where they are in the listing or transaction process and we can easily communicate with each other. It is also very helpful for storing data and tracking workflow.

On a personal level, I love it for keeping track of grocery lists, sale items, projects, health insurance issues. All of the above. I am a new mom and put questions for my daughter predication in Trello and pull out the list at each appointment. I love that it can be used on a desktop or mobile device and so easily.

I also love that it is FREE for up to 10 users and had thousands of integrations with other programs and apps. It is great tool for small businesses!

Cons

The downside it you have to share whole boards, not just specific cards. It would be the end all be all if they could build in this feature. It has been my greatest struggle with my business model.

Khaled H.

From team-management to project organization!

Reviewed on 05/11/2019

This software has allowed us to manage internal projects, work with consultants and external hires / outsourcing, hold team members accountable for goals, timelines, and long-term KPI's. It gives the freedom to managers to micro and/or macro-manage depending on their style.

Pros

Trello is one of those tools that is perfect for all user levels. For those just starting out, it's easy to organize anything in your life, from wedding planning, to family budgeting, to project management to research organization. For power users, you get the advantage of a plethora of tools and shortcuts that make project management a breeze.

Cons

Sometimes the platform is a little slow when jumping back and forth between different boards... but honestly it's nothing prohibitive. It may also be the shear number of boards, lists, and tickets that our team has using the free tier.

Redmine

Reasons for Choosing Trello

Our team was more comfortable with Trello and we felt it met our needs better.

Redmine

Reasons for Switching to Trello

Redmine wasn't build specifically for this use, and would take a much bigger investment in time and energy to adopt.
Amanda K.

Perfect for the Visual Planner

Reviewed on 24/09/2019

I use Trello mostly for planning out my content on my blog and my content for social media. It has been a great place for me to make lists of ideas and brainstorm. I have also used Trello with collaborative groups, which has been really great and easy to use. I integrate everything into my Google Calendar so that I don't end up missing any scheduled tasks I need to complete.

Pros

I like that Trello is a planning system that works well for someone inclined to be more visual. Each category can have a series of cards below it for each individual item within the category. I love that I can add a link, image or color to each card to make it stand out and organize it even more. I also love that each board can have be categorized into various areas of my life. For example, I have a boards from anything to planning out my blog, to activities to do with the kids to brainstorming ideas for future work opportunities. I love that I can easily move the cards around and re-categorize them once they are done. Another amazing feature is that you can add these cards to a Google Calendar, which brings everything together for me and keeps me super organized.

Cons

I wish there were more features available and a little bit more customization within each card itself. This program also requires a little bit of a learning curve to find where all the features and add-ons for each card are in the menu.

Reasons for Switching to Trello

I liked the visual appeal of Trello more and I liked being able to use Google Calendar and Google Drive with the platform.