Trello

4.5 (21,163)
Visual collaboration tool for shared project perspectives

(21,163)
4.3/5

Jana K.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 05/05/2022

I love how visual Trello is. It's easy to see at a glance where I am at with all my projects and what needs my attention next.

Pros

Trello is my preferred project management system, one that I use in my business as well as to manage my clients' projects. It's simple enough to use yet robust enough to handle high level of details.

Cons

I haven't really explored the Butler function and automations enough so can't talk to that aspect of Trello.

Reasons for Choosing Trello

I just couldn't get used to how Asana is laid out. Trello works much better for my brain.

See above.
Tushar K.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Good issue tracking software for small teams and startups

Reviewed on 24/05/2022

My experience is mediocre, but Trello was not a bad choice for our small team

Pros

- My previous company (which was an early stage startup) used Trello for issue tracking and management. There were less than a dozen engineers, not all of who used it. Therefore it was manageable
- The basic functionality is good if you don't need to do too many fancy things and don't collaborate with a lot of other teams
- Trello is pretty cheap as far as I got to know from higher-ups

Cons

- There was a lack of advanced features in Trello from my experience
- The UI is not the most pleasant to use, and could do with a makeover
- It was not always clear where to put down specific notes about a ticket
- Not a lot of integration options from my experience

Whit B.
  • Industry: Higher Education Software

• Customer Support Software

A good task manager for small teams

Reviewed on 11/03/2022

I use Trello to manage the tasks of my part time workers, especially as we are working remotely. I am able to set up projects for the via cards and add any resource material they might need.

Pros

I can use this to manage the task of several workers at the same time. Each of my employees have a board and I am able to add tasks to the board directly from my email. In that way, I am able to take things off of my to-do list because I know that the task is captured somewhere else and the job will be completed.

Cons

I often have a difficult time building out a project in a way that makes sense to me. We use this much less for large project and much more for smaller individual tasks. I also wish there was a easier way of styling the cards. I have attempted to use the Trello code in the cards but unless you use them frequently, you have to relearn them all over each time.

Reasons for Choosing Trello

Smartsheets was a powerful system but we didn't have anyone to manage it. Trello is much more simple to use if you do not have a project manager on staff.

Smartsheet

Reasons for Switching to Trello

The Card system was a better system for task management for us.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Great for an Electronic To Do List

Reviewed on 12/05/2022

Definitely helps keep track of all my various lists of to dos, so it's great in that way! The free version is all I use and it is super useful to me.

Pros

I love that I can make different boards to organize all of my various to dos. That way, visually I can see what projects need to be done and when. I also really love the deadlines you can set for yourself, and how it visually changes the look of the board, so that it stands out.

Cons

The only cons for me really is that I know there are a lot more features to it that would probably improve my work flow even better, but it doesn't come naturally, really. It seems like I need to research more HOW to use all the processes available in it. I also don't really like that there isn't a "done" button, only "archive" and to be honest, I don't know what happens when they are archived.

Michael H.

A must-have for organizations who understand the power of Kanban

Reviewed on 27/05/2022

Trello is a cornerstone tool in our organization. Nuff said.

Pros

The visual management aspect of Trello is extremely compelling. Unlike a one-dimensional task list, Trello provides a robust array of tools that enables you to have a clear overview, while also allowing you to instantly drill down. You have a feeling that their developers are real people who are solving problems people have instead of thinking about cool functionality. Of course they have that too.

Cons

There are some places where Trello is not as intuitive as it could be. I often find myself clicking on the wrong button or dropdown after using it for over 2 years-

Luca B.

Trello is here to stay!

Reviewed on 07/05/2022

My overall experience has been positive, it did what I needed it to do.

Pros

This flexible and customizable app offers desktop apps, mobile apps, and has an easy and
intuitive interface.

Cons

Many features require add-ons, including time-tracking and billing. Im a firm believer that you need to really sell your free-mium features before you sell a paid subscription.

Slack

Reasons for Choosing Trello

Trello was better suited for our needs. The simplicity and ease of use was necessary in order to get things done.

monday.com
Paul P.

• Customer Support Software

Trello is a tremendous approach to task management.

Reviewed on 11/06/2022

Pros

The ease at which one can get back on track is incredible. From making three simple lists, to do, in progress and complete it is possible to move cards from left to right as they are being completed.

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about this software.

Microsoft Project, Smartsheet, and Evernote Teams

Reasons for Switching to Trello

I've used Trello for about a decade now. It's never let me down. It's perfect for task management and file backup in addition to sharing with your team.
Muhammad daud S.
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

Convenient board of task

Reviewed on 06/05/2022

Overall I found Trello to be a great board of tasks for the team to manage the workload, project management and follow up on tasks. It gives the freedom to manage tasks and team on the same page and timely sync.

Pros

The best thing about Trello is the feasibility to work and create an environment of tasks and to-do lists. It gives great insight into cards created for tasks, project management, and assignment. Sharing the Trello board is convenient and easy for members of the team.

Cons

Trello doesn't have any feasible backup or export strategies that could reflect version history in case some cards need to be reverted. Trello doesn't also have the calendar to manage the tasks assigned to team.

Microsoft OneNote and Asana

Reasons for Switching to Trello

Features, feedback and work feasibility allowed me to use Trello.
Oussama R.
  • Industry: Import & Export
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Trello promising app

Reviewed on 19/05/2022

From my personal experience, I really liked using trello because it was free and widely spread among everyone proof of its effectiveness, I relied on it a lot during my study period for my Master in International Business, and I am very grateful to Trello because it was very useful in organizing my time and study programs and reminding me of notes because exams period often It is stressful and forgetful, now I rely on Trello to manage my content on social media, and I even used it repeatedly in managing the marketing team of the company in which I work as a marketing manager because I see it as much easier and simpler than other applications in the same category, and most importantly, it is never expensive so it will be A very supportive point for startups and entrepreneurs who are about to launch their own path.

Pros

From what I have noticed in my field, the Trello application is one of the most popular applications among budding entrepreneurs because it is free and available to almost everyone. Trello has many options to deal with your daily program or project, which can adapt to different types of tasks or projects, you can use Trello to organize your vacation, manage your work team, manage your own project, social networking sites, etc., there are many tools that enhance the flexibility of Trello to suit your preferences The user can use checklists to monitor tasks or colors to categorize them, and best of all, it allows you to accurately monitor the development of your performance at all levels.

Cons

I can say that there are many features that could greatly improve Trello if they were added, such as a feature for voice recording of tasks for people who do not like to write very much, and we may go further and suggest the feature of converting voice recording to my book on Trello for dictation Tasks and comment on them, I think that these suggestions require huge investments in research and development and artificial intelligence, however, we can suggest simpler features such as adding the feature of sending notifications as reminders of tasks that need to be completed through user accounts on social networking sites, and we can always recommend the ability to add images and logos For the user, his project or his company in order to enhance the sense of belonging to the users in the long run, and as a final note, the best performance reports formulated in the form of tips and recommendations, i.e. not only inform me about my achievement percentage during the last week, but also advise me to improve my performance during the following week to compensate for the delay.

Manny C.
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

My go-to tool for simple, yet powerful task management

Reviewed on 25/03/2022

This used to be our teams' primary Scrum tool, and everyone was basically happy with it. When we moved to other software, we were wowed by all the built-in features of the new software at first, but eventually got dismayed by how clunky it was. Trello is the opposite. Simple, quick, responsive exactly where it counts. There are still some large areas where it could be improved, but it is still my personal go-to for task management.

Pros

The best part about Trello is how responsive it is, and across all platforms. It has the snappiest and fastest task sorting speed among all the task management software I've used and still hasn't been beat. It doesn't matter if it's on the desktop app, the web app, or the mobile app. They all work lightning-quick and all update between each other within seconds. This sounds like a simple quality-of-life feature, but this responsiveness is absolutely crucial when it comes to dumping tasks into a list, sorting them between lists, and reordering by priority - which is, to me, the core of task management.

Cons

I don't like how rigid the sizes of lists are. Sometimes I only want 2 or 3 lists filling my screen. Sometimes I want all my lists on the screen. The only way to do this is by installing some questionable plugins that may or may not be paid products, when this feature feels like it should be built-in.

Navigating between boards is not as responsive or simple as navigating between cards and between lists. Moving any items between boards is a bit of a nightmare, and I wish I could somehow drag-and-drop things between boards the same way I can do with everything else in the software.

The UI of everything other than the lists and cards is also unintuitive. There are buttons scattered everywhere across the top of the screen, and it's not clear why they are there nor what they do.

Searching for cards and list could be simplified. There are a few search bars scattered throughout the various menus and I can never remember which one is going to let me search for the card/list I'm actually after.

Arun sarathy P.
  • Industry: Design

King of all Kanban Board Tools

Reviewed on 23/03/2022

Pros

The power of Trello is in its simplicity and ease of use. Its interface seems light-weight right out of the box. I have used several similar tools later on (after finding / falling in love with Trello - first love, obviously) like Clickup, Taskade and a few others but I find myself always falling back to Trello for its intuitive workflow and simple-to-use features. If you are a solo creator like me, who wants to throw all the ideas into a board, track them with a simple flow like - 'do, doing, done', then Trello is all you need. Go for it, and thank me later!

Cons

Sometimes, they keep changing their approach to their business which I found weird. But that's just me, may be. For example, they used to have Trello Gold for approximately $5 or so but they evolved and brought in different pricing tiers. I miss that but I also understand business models evolve with time. I also didn't like that many power-ups are just trials. Some useful ones cannot be used just easily. It asks for money to expand our experience with Trello. I believe its marketplace needs to evolve too by letting in more free power-ups.

• Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

I couldn’t live without Trello

Reviewed on 10/03/2022

Trello is great and I couldn’t live without it now.

Pros

It’s so easy to use and it’s just going to work for you, if you don’t manage a project in a traditional way you can set up your Trello board however your line to manage that project.

Cons

Getting the most out of Trello can sometimes mean either experimenting and finding the right third party plugin or using the built in tools to get it right. It can take time.

Freedcamp and Asana

Reasons for Choosing Trello

Asana was blocked by ICT and another patt of the team were using Trello, which made it more confident.

Reasons for Switching to Trello

Trello was being used in other areas of the business.
Daniel D.

Great free productivity tool to organize eyour thoughts

Reviewed on 11/01/2022

As a daily routine, I first implemented agile methodologies using Trello. The structure is simple, which makes it easy to understand, as well as to learn how to use it. Columns can be named whatever you like, and as many as you'd like. This is great for structures that are not conventional.

Pros

Staying organized with projects for the week, month, quarter, etc. is very easy with this amazing cloud-based app. With the assistance of Trello, I have been able to plan my marketing strategies, social media use, and video/photography for my colleagues. Color-coded cards and backgrounds appeal to me because I am also a visual learner.

Cons

It's interesting that Trello works better for some people than it does for me, even though I've collaborated with people who use it, and they raving about it. Trello's organization in rows and cards does not easily translate to my mind, even though it's very simple to use and very powerful. My brain finds it much easier to follow my own filing system outside of work, this is why I have made one by myself.

Ernesto E.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Reviewed on 06/01/2022

I've been using Trello now for over 2 years and have fully integrated this software until business as usual. It helps with project managememt and collaborating internally and with our customers.

Pros

Having tried several varied project management softwares over the years Trello is not only the easiest to use but is so user friendly that anyone can start using from day one and within days will be an expert on its use. It's also free which is amazing.

Cons

Maybe adding an option to change view styles would be an added extra worth having

monday.com

Reasons for Choosing Trello

Cost and mobile app led me to move away from Microsoft to using Trello.

Microsoft Project

Reasons for Switching to Trello

Once I began using it the choice was clear
Anton A.

Simple Boards for Simple Project Management

Reviewed on 06/11/2021

I think that the Trello is a very useful tool to manage small and mid-size projects (or parts of big projects, like a board for a development team or boards for a specific team (not all-in-one). I have used Trello for 5 years now and what keeps me still using it - it's because it's the most simple task management software ever created and most of it is free. So why do You need something else (only if You're not looking for something more sophisticated)?

Pros

Trello is very "easy" in many ways and it's the best feature:
- it's easy to use - You don't need any training to start managing tasks and projects in Trello;
- it's easy to set up - just 4-5 minutes and You're ready to go (if You use a template provided by the Trello team - You'll need no more than 1 minute);
- you don't need additional software - all works in web-browsers even on mobile phones (although there are native apps for iOS and android);
- you can easily use it every day for stand-ups, workshops, etc because You see all the relevant information and can update tasks in real-time;
- there are many power-ups (some free, some not) that can make your Task management more reach, bring more context or useful tools from which You can benefit.

Cons

It's not for complex projects (like with Gantt charts and long lists of dependent tasks) as You definitely will lose the focus on Your board with huge amounts of tasks. It's best to keep it simple - that's where the efficiency thrives. Also, as Trello relies on Your vision of task/project management, sometimes You can find yourself overcomplicating stuff...

• Industry: Legal Services

Trello Boards make work visual

Reviewed on 12/11/2021

If you have a work that you can chunk into different phases (and most jobs have that), Trello is an awesome kanban style way to visualize where you are at with each client, project and task. In addition it does not only give you that overview, but on everyone else assigned to the board (usually that will be the team working on the project). It was the first software in our company where we managed all employees to regularly engage with it. I think this was largely due to its visual nature, which makes it easy to understand and work with. The "Cards" on a "Board" metaphor works well. The Board follows the Kanban philosophy. We adjusted it to our needs, but its basically a sequential process each client goes through with different steps in each part, each phase corresponds to a column on the board. You can add photos to the cards to make it even more visual (we run legal papers for clients, so having their picture on the front of the card makes it easy to find their files). Apart from that, you can attach files, make notes, add to-do's and assign them to team members and get notified of any changes made to the card or the board.

Pros

The highly visual style of the Kanban style boards and the cards are super helpful. It is a great tool to get a birds eye view on all the work going on in a given project and makes it easy to follow up on individual tasks where team members may be stuck.

Cons

The one thing I did not enjoy is that there is no native Mac app, but rather it is all online. There are workarounds (like using a browser based app maker such as Coherence X) but, when the internet cuts out, your access to the boards goes with it.

Basecamp
Laura B.

• Customer Support Software

Amazing resource for small teams, solopreneurs, etc.

Reviewed on 13/10/2021

I've used Trello for years. Many of my clients use different solutions like Asana and I even moved my own company over to Clickup for a year. We came back to Trello and every team member breathed a sigh of relief. Trello is so much easier to break down individual boards and appeals to those of us who need to see visuals. I manage my podcasts, blog writing, email newsletters, speaking engagements, and even my personal recipe storage is on Trello. It's so easy to grab from the web browser or the app on my phone and I love that you can search so easily even after something has been archived.

Pros

So easy to use
Very visual
Price is right
Easy to add/remove members
Search capability is excellent

Cons

Sometimes customer service is a bit slow; it's not easy to set up as a nonprofit to get the nonprofit discount. We had to go back and forth but eventually got it set up.

ClickUp

Reasons for Choosing Trello

I felt Clickup was extremely cluttered and I had a hard time finding things there.

ClickUp
Rober R.
  • Industry: Events Services
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Great tool for team management

Reviewed on 13/09/2021

As referenced over, my group can't finish our assignments until the past group has finished theirs (information the executives and request composing). Trello is my most-utilized programming, we use it across my whole POD, and across every division too. It helps ensure that nothing escapes everyone's notice and that different groups aren't being held up pointlessly

Pros

Trello is extraordinary, it's easy to utilize, and has heaps of cunning UX gadgets that make following and refreshing errands a delight. We use it frequently inside our association at whatever point something needs "putting together quick" - we're not hoping to follow the advancement of the whole task through Trello, however an intermittent breakout. We've regularly utilized Trello to gather together our "thoughts" stage, and afterward moved onto a more mind boggling project the executives apparatus after that. The interface is straightforward, the free level is "spot on" and there are barely enough provisions for you to get moving rapidly. Trello is extraordinary for fast authoritative assignments, that should be introduced outwardly, or they are useful for data sharing (in a real sense a pin-leading group of thoughts functions admirably) - and has diminished the requirement for post-it-notes wherever in the workplace.

Cons

As a client who have insight on both free and paid forms, regardless of whether I made a decent attempt, I was unable to discover any entanglements of this application

Google Classroom and Zoom Meetings

Reasons for Choosing Trello

Because Trello is easy to deal with and most of phones have problem while dealing with WhatsApp.

WhatsApp
Lina S.

Great software for remote working

Reviewed on 20/08/2021

Overall experience with Trello is very positive. It is the perfect tool to work remotely and as a freelancer I can collaborate with different clients on the same programme, just switching through different boards. It has great functionalities and even a lot more potential that I need, so it is good to know that there's room for me to expand my workflow even further. There are some minor inconveniences, but overall I am a very happy user.

Pros

I like that it is free. As a freelancer, I am usually the one that is completing the tasks and not managing boards, therefore, most of the times that is all I need. My clients use the paid version, which provides more versatility and bigger file uploads. I like that paid and free can still collaborate with no disruptions. This is a perfect product for remote work collaboration. I think the options to colour code the tasks is great, I use it to mark work in progress and completed work. I am also a very visual person, so cover photos are perfect. I create artwork and it is so much easier to find the task I am looking for by the image, not by the title.

Cons

I think notification panel could be improved. I don't really like how its laid out, it's quite overwhelming. Also, there is no option to delete a board , only to archive it. Sometimes you need to just delete things and that should be an option. But the archive button is my biggest pet peeve. If you accidentally press archive, it does not ask you are you sure Y/N? It just goes away. And I can never find the archive easily, every time I have to google where it is. It wastes my time, and it could just be fixed by a 'are you sure you want to archive this' pop-up.

Nolan H.

Reviewed on 13/08/2021

As mentioned above, my team can't do our tasks until the previous team has completed theirs (data management & order writing). Trello is my most-used software, we use it across my entire POD, and across each division as well. It helps make sure that nothing slips between the cracks and that other teams aren't being held up unnecessarily.

Pros

Trello has become instrumental to my team's success whilst working in a remote environment. The way my different teams work with each other is similar to different cogs in a machine - each person has to do their task before the next team can start their work. My favourite thing about using Trello in our everyday is that you can create boards, lists etc. that are customizable. The Tagging feature is by far my favourite thing because you can let coworkers know in real-time when my piece of the puzzle is ready for them. Being able to integrate other programs into Trello (Dropbox, Google drive etc.) is a close second favourite feature!

Cons

I haven't done a deep dive to see what causes this, but I get logged out of Trello all the time and have to sign in again. Could be a setting on my end and have nothing to do with the software though!

Colin D.

Powerful because it includes the most important features in a simple interface

Reviewed on 30/07/2021

I first used it to organize personal workflows and task lists, and still do, but I use it mostly to manage multiple workflows for a marketing team. Our email production workflow is the most important of these.

Trello allows us to run multiple projects with approval steps and checkpoints. It's very quick and easy to check status, see what tasks we need to pick up, and stay organized and on track. We have a visual record of completed projects in each workflow, and can maintain assets associated with projects centrally.

Most important for this team is the simplicity of the app. Everyone can use it without getting lost or bogged down with unnecessary complexity. Trello has helped us keep production on track with minimal ball dropping for over seven years now.

Pros

Trello feels like the easiest to use and most straightforward of the project management apps I use. It includes just what's necessary and no more, making it great for use by a non-technical team. It's easy to learn your way around, hard to get lost.

The organization of boards, lists and cards is intuitive and flexible. Available formats for card contents are just right, make it easy to maintain essential assets, and set up visual cues for status and priority.

I like the visual kanban approach, easy drag and drop movement of elements, flexibility of card contents, and speed of getting essential work done.

Cons

Sometimes I have wanted to be able to get a bit more granular with subtasks, but I think rather than seeing the limitations of Trello as problem, the relative simplicity is its greatest strength. If a project calls for more layers I'll choose a different app.

Riccardo L.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

• Customer Support Software

An all-around project management tool

Reviewed on 31/07/2021

Pros

Up until a few months ago, Trello mainly revolved around the Kanban board concept but I have to say that I'm glad that it has added other ways of viewing projects and tasks too. Sometimes, you need to zoom out to take a look at everything, while other times you need to zoom in to a particular aspect or task.

Another thing Trello excels at is enabling users to automate repetitive tasks thanks to Butler. Initially an add-on, now Butler is a key feature included in your Trello account. Just think of the steps you carry out on a regular basis, think about what they're connected to and automate them to save plenty of time!

And speaking of becoming more efficient, it's great that Trello integrates with a ton of other tools and apps both natively – through its Power-ups – and through third-party platforms like Zapier.

Cons

The one thing I'm not crazy about is the fact that, in Trello, communication mainly happens through comments users leave to tasks. I think a different approach, that's more team communication-oriented could be a nice addition.

Mariam A.
  • Industry: Banking
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

How to become much more efficient at work

Reviewed on 29/07/2021

I even don't know where to start, and how I use it exactly, to convey the influence of Trello on my life. But I will try. But I will try. I have several companies I operate and several fresh ideas that happen to me at least weekly. These thoughts must go someplace. They ended up in other locations before Trello, such as Samsung Notes. But it was not organized enough to properly handle everything and produce an order, much less than Trello. My thoughts were restless all over the place. I used Trello more and more in the last year, and I have developed a lot on my primary board (for my office).

Pros

The best option for groups! Easy mobility, simple plan, better than similar apps like Skype, Teams, Asana, Slack, Facebook Workplace, and others. Schedules can be used. The maximum size of connections without business class is 10 MB. - Without business class, all of the coworkers are administrators, which means that anybody may erase a board or someone else. I don't have a private informing highlight for myself. It wouldn't be too bad. It's really beneficial in terms of project management for executives. I liked that you could set cutoff timeframes and choose which cards/tasks to arrange and accomplish within the specified time frame. Whatever the case may be, all things being equal, I adore it!

Cons

Trello is a great tool, but it's restricted in terms of the projects it can manage. Trello is ideal for little tasks, but not for large ones. For example, in our firm, we would utilize the app to purchase a helicopter part from another country and then handle the freight and shipping until it was delivered. Due to the restricted storage space, attachments such as mp4 movies and other big media files cannot be posted. We occasionally want to upload movies to Trello to provide a clearer image to the Managers who will be viewing it, however this is a problem when the storage space available is restricted.

Faruk A.

• Customer Support Software

Great tool to plan and track our marketing tasks

Reviewed on 29/07/2021

I used the free version of Trello for my personal planning, and it was way too much generous free software. I even felt like the owners of this app just wanted to make a favor to the people who like planning. Due to my role, I also have the privilege to use Trello at my company. It's much powerful with all the integrations added. Everyone in my team is very happy to use the tool except those who missed their task due dates :)

Pros

I'm using the paid version which allows many integrations that make our members' lives easier. The software is so easy to set up. The UI is so clean and easy to navigate. I can customize it according to my needs and taste. Coloured labels, tagging, due dates are most often a part of our task management routine. I like the voting option, sometimes we need to make a decision and this little detail helps. Since it is now a work app for me, I don't use a mobile app so it's hard to say for me how it works but the web version is so convenient and slick.

Cons

As a user who have experience on both free and paid versions, even if I tried hard, I couldn't find any pitfalls of this app.

Matt M.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Very intuitive and easy to immediately

Reviewed on 23/07/2021

Trello has been a huge boost to staying organized with not just my big projects, but also with my daily tasks and staying organized in all of my activities.

Pros

I've used both the paid and free versions of this platform and the free version is as simple to use as the paid version. You do get additional features with the paid version, but for managing your own tasks and projects the free version will still provide everything that you need. I've used a number of project management platforms and Trello stands out because it's very intuitive to use and organize the information you're working on.

Cons

Occasionally, I wish Trello had some prompts on how to better organize information, but this isn't a deal-breaker. I really like it when software can help to save me from my own disorganization, and Trello primarily does that with a very simple setup, but I would also accept some prompts or suggestions too.