Jobber

Quoting, scheduling, & invoicing for home service businesses

4.5/5

• Used Daily for Free Trial

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] PRODUCT EXPERT - outstanding

Reviewed on 18/06/2020

top notch so far. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is incredible

Pros

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is excellent - gave an amazing overview and answered all of our questions

Cons

looking for more robust social media campaign tracking

Response from Jobber Software

Hi Craig, thanks so much for your review!

Joey T.

Best value that I've found

Reviewed on 22/07/2021

It's been great, support is awesome and always responsive!

Pros

It saves us some much time in managing our team!

Cons

It seems to be built for managing employees but the team has helped me use it to manage subs.

BuilderTREND

Better value for us.

Response from Jobber Software

Hey Joey!
Thanks for the reviews, we're glad that you are enjoying Jobber and are happy to be working with you!

Jim H.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

• Customer Support Software

Jobber is a great job scheduling, quote & invoicing platform. I would recommend it to anybody.

Reviewed on 15/03/2018

I already answered that question

Pros

The website is easy to navigate.

Employees can easily see their jobs in mobile app.

Entering client & job info is a breeze even for new employees.

Live chat is available and the issues I have had have been easily solved via live chat.

Quotes are easy to find in the system and can easily be converted into jobs with minimal or no extra data entry.

Invoicing is easy and seamlessly integrates with quickbooks.

Once I turn on Jobber payments, customers will have a very easy way to pay their bill that is just as simple as PayPal (our current payment platform).

I can tag clients into any kind of group I can think of. The biggest way we will use tagging is for delinquent Invoice customers (we are blessed not to have many). Any employee who tries to enter a new job for a client in this category will see a tag reminding us to get paid for past work before agreeing to a new job. There are ways to track past due invoices but not all employees can see that info.

Automatic emails and sms templates in Jobber can be easily customized for our business needs.

Automatic customer reminder emails and sms is awesome way for customers to remember appointments.

Customers via email link in their quote can request quote changes.

Customers via email link in their quote can accept a quote and sign-off on it which makes converting a quote into a job very easy. Notification of an approved quote is emailed to me and the dashboard in the program notifies me.

Cons

Can't do line item discounting on quotes...customers like to see normal price next to discount price....also certain items on a quote need a discount without discounting the entire quote....currently a discount can only be shown after the subtotal and the discount will apply to the entire quote, discounting labor before discounting a taxable item.

Can't send generic quotes easily...sometimes we want to put several options on a single quote but the program tallies all the dollar amounts together and puts an outrageous total at the bottom...we have lost business due to a customer looking at the "total amount" of a quote and freaking out because they don't realize the quote tallied all the options together.

Can't make job forms mandatory for employees to complete before closing out a job thus making it harder to hold employee responsible when certain details are missed in a process.

Products and services reports can be skewed on the dollar amounts because again sometimes discounts are applied on an invoice but Jobber only allows for a discount on the subtotal (rather than line item)...this makes it hard to get an accurate dollar amount when doing reporting on specific items we sell. As far as I can see, Jobber reports will not take into account discounts given during a specific period of time.

The automatic quote follow up feature can only be viewed on main website. There is currently no way to make it visible to an assigned employee on the mobile app.

Eric S.

Game changer for Trades businesses

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

Support and product development are outstanding, other than dual property owners pretty much every issue or 'complaint' I've ever had have been addressed via updates, or with simple education. My Jobber mantra is '... it's probably right in front of me...', and odds are if I need a feature, it likely is in fact already there.
In summary, I have stopped recommending Jobber to any of my local competitors, as it has literally become my single most valuable business tool.

Pros

The user experience is second to none, both Client and User. We continually sell jobs away from competitors due to the ease of quote approval alone, and overall convenience and professional appearance are again best-in-class

Cons

Would LOVE to have the ability to list [2] property owners' names, first & last, when different. In our [SF Bay Area] more often than not we have homeowner-partners with separate last names, and both want to be included on all paperwork... honestly that's the ONLY complaint I can come up with after two years of daily use!

Response from Jobber Software

Thanks for the review, Eric! So glad to hear things are going well and that overall you're enjoying and getting value from Jobber. We've made a note to our Product Team about your request around having multiple pieces of contact info per client as that value with multiple property owners/managers is totally understandable. It's certainly not off the table for future updates. Cheers!

Laura L.

• Customer Support Software

Jobber is good for a beginner

Reviewed on 30/10/2019

We have been using Jobber for 5 years. Now that our business is growing we need something more.

Pros

Jobber is always adding to program to make it better. Good for a beginning business. Easy to use. Have been very happy.

Cons

Jobber doesn't work with quickbooks desktop. We have to put information in twice. Once in jobber & then in Quickbooks. More work for the administrator.

Service Fusion

Reasons for Switching to Jobber

They seem to listen to what the customer wants to make it better.

Response from Jobber Software

Hi Laura, thanks for your review. It's been great to have Arch Air on the team for the past five years!

You're right that we don't currently connect with QuickBooks Desktop. In case you haven't already spoken with our team about this, QuickBooks has moved away from supporting integrations with their desktop solution, so to best support our customers we made the decision a while back to discontinue our sync.

We'd also like to find out a bit more about the gaps you're seeing and see if we can help out with some of our newer features, or provide some of your feedback to our product team. Please keep an eye out from a call or email from us.

Thank you again for your review!

Donovan Q.

Jobber is great!

Reviewed on 20/09/2018

A+ mazing

Pros

Functionality, ease of use, very short learning curb and quickly integrated with my business.

Cons

Jobber Payments does not label their transactions with their name, or my business name. So clients see a random charge on their account and do not have a reference where the charge came from. We have had several disputed payments because of this issue. They take some time to resolve.

Response from Jobber Software

Hi Donovan, thanks for the review! Glad things got up and running quickly for your business with Jobber :)

We're sorry to hear you've experienced some disputes. For Jobber Payments, right now we can't control how the Jobber Payments transaction shows on your clients¿ credit card statements, as this is something solely determined by their bank. We send over the Jobber Payments business name (your company name), your company branding information, and our default statement description of ¿Jobber Powered by Stripe¿. Any or all of those could potentially be listed on your clients¿ statements, so unfortunately we can't say for sure what they'll see. We hope this information is helpful, but if you have more questions or feedback, don't hesitate to reach out to our Success Team and we'll do our best to help.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Royce A.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Save time and money and start using Jobber today

Reviewed on 27/11/2014

Our company provides two disparate services to home owners, handyman services and residential cleaning services. Finding a scheduling software solution to handle both types of businesses was a challenge. When we finally found Jobber we were very pleased to find a solution that was both complete and yet easy to learn and use.

We were able to import our customer base from Quickbooks with no problem. As a matter of fact, the import/export functionality between Quickbooks and Jobber is exceptional. Now, we are able to enter information once (at the time of an estimate) and then use that same information to populate the work order and invoice in Jobber and even export it to Quickbooks so that we have a complete record of the work done in our accounting software. The two products combine to give your business a one-two punch in the battle to manage the amount of information generated on a daily basis.
The calendar/scheduling portion of Jobber is also very good. We use the "grid" view and its easy to move jobs during the day or even to reassign to another team member. One improvement that could be made is to add team functionality to the scheduler. From a systems standpoint, this is not easy to do and I'm sure that once the programmers at Jobber figure it out, it will be rolled out to the users.
We have just started using the capability to attach files to our customer's profiles. Now, we are able to scan handwritten documents such as estimates and attach them to the Quote in Jobber so that we can always go back and see the original document if needed.
One concern with a cloud based scheduler such as Jobber is up time. I am happy to report that up time has never been an issue. The system operates with 99.99% availability. Its ready to use when you need it.
Jobber provides exceptional customer service through their chat feature. A tech is always available during business hours.

Pros

Ease of set up
Ease of training - very intuitive to learn
You can go ahead and start today and use as a calendar. As you become more comfortable you can easily add more of their functionality.

Response from Jobber

Hey Royce!

Thank you so much for the kind words! We're so happy that you find Jobber easy to use – that's something we pride ourselves on.

Please do let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Cheers, Aidan.

Joseph A.

• Customer Support Software

Jobber has significantly improved my business!

Reviewed on 29/03/2019

I've tried all of the competition, and there's nothing better in my opinion. The price is right, the team is great and they're local to me, and the system is as easy to use as it is powerful.
My guys can do everything from creating clients and quotes, to booking jobs, invoicing and sending review links. They do so totally under the control and supervision of the office -- through Jobber. I actually can't imagine not having Jobber at this point, lets hope they don't raise their rates.

Pros

- intuitive
- excellent customer service
- frequent, consistent updates and upgrades
- optimizes administration
- empowers employees to safely operate more autonomously

Cons

It would be good if a social/environmental cause was integrated into their model. I'd feel better about where my money is going, and many others likely would too.

Response from Jobber Software

That's interesting feedback and we'll definitely pass your thoughts along. We try to share what we're up to as a company on our social channels, so feel free to follow along there if you're not already :) But we'll certainly keep this in mind. Thanks for the great feedback, Joseph! So glad to have you and the Humane Solutions crew on the team.

Jeremy H.

• Customer Support Software

The perfect system for my business!

Reviewed on 01/05/2018

Pros

Ease of use. And for what I get for the price I pay. Jobber is a vital part of my everyday life. It helps keep me on track. Having jobber allows me the extra time I need to see more customers and in the end make more money.

Cons

Nothing major. Just little things here and there I'd like it to do certain things but it can't. For instance. When I send a quote, sometimes I list out several options on the same quote for the client to look over and decide. It would be nice to be able to hide the subtotal at the bottom rather than each option price be totaled at the bottom. But it's just little things like that.

Response from Jobber Software

Hey Jeremy, thanks so much for this feedback! It's awesome to hear Jobber is allowing you to save so much time and grow your business. We'll certainly share your thoughts about options on quotes with the product team. Glad to have you on the team!

Elizabeth C.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Jobber Review

Reviewed on 05/09/2019

Jobber is easy to manage and super-efficient for our guys in the field to read and understand after we in the office input the information.

Pros

Jobber is very easy to manage. From inputting information to scheduling it is not hard to manage without instruction.

Cons

The recent changes when creating a client file, the address portion with the auto-fill. It works when it wants to. I'd rather manually input it to make sure of the accuracy.

Response from Jobber Software

Hi Elizabeth, thanks so much for your review. We recently made some changes to the new client flow with addresses, where you can manually input an address if you need. If you have any questions or feedback to share, don't hesitate to let our Success team know via email, phone, or chat and we can help out or share your thoughts with our product team. Thanks again for your review! Glad to have Princeton Tree Care on the team and we hope to see you at TCI this week!

Kevin L.
  • Industry: Facilities Services
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

• Customer Support Software

Awesome Choice! Only missing you feature!

Reviewed on 13/04/2021

Great company to do business with. Shout out to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] at CS for being patient and answering our questions.

Pros

Jobber is an excellent company, I repeat, EXCELLENT. As the top player in their space, Jobber knows what works and what does not. The part you may get the most value from is through the engagement of the Jobber community. It is hard to really put a price on the value that brings. When it comes to the daily features needed to operate a successful service business, Jobber has them all (almost!).

Cons

A direct scheduling page! Goodness if Jobber had this it would have been a great choice for us. I get that sometimes a business should have a request vs. direct online booking, but times are changing! Speed is the name of the game. Lots of people just prefer to do everything they can on THEIR end rather than feel forced through a request feature. Give the power to the client! The only thing if this was at least an option for folks would make Jobber KING OF THE LAND.

Response from Jobber Software

Thank you so much for your review, Kevin! We're so glad you had a great experience with Jobber. We're sorry things didn't work out with us, but we're glad you found a solution that's best for you. We'll take that feedback around client booking to our team. For now, most of our customers have let us know they'd like to keep that control of their schedule, so our client booking features have a confirmation step to allow for that control. We appreciate your thoughtful feedback!

• Industry: Individual & Family Services

Our staff love Jobber!

Reviewed on 16/04/2018

Jobber really provides us with everything that we need for client services in the field. There isn't a single feature that jobber has that we don't get benefits from.

Pros

Jobber helps us manage so many different field staff in one place. They are always updated and trying to improve their product. We like that field staff schedules, client invoices and staff time-sheets are all in one place and easy to use.

Cons

The reporting is a little lacking and sometimes when we have issues it feels like customer support is saying good luck chuck, we understand that they can't fix every problem but there has to be a way to say "sorry we can't help" and not make your clients feel like you breezed over them. The reporting is really their biggest area for improvement.

Adam S.

• Customer Support Software

Get you in and keep your money and don't honor trial

Reviewed on 15/08/2019

Lost Money

Pros

The customer service people were great. The scheduling and time sheet function was quite easy to manage.

Cons

I began using the trial then I receive a call from one of there team and we go over the functions of the product. I asked them about the estimating process and if I could have primary headers and then sub categories and he said yes in the description section. The problem is there is no pricing function in the description area for estimating your job. So I call and they customer service says oh it won't do that it will all have to be entered in per line to do it that way. I then ask is there a way to have services cost not show on the final estimate and it does, but if you add any products that would be bought from a store those items also would end up not showing with a price. So your bid would end up as a sub total with everything combined or you have to show everything to get it to show. Now I have just given a free pass to the owners to pass my bid around to see what I charge per line item. I called them to address this 5 days after signing up based on sales persons information and when I call them to get a refund of the $104 I paid. I asked if I could speak to billing and oh guess what billing doesn't have a phone. So I asked for them to speak with them and I get told since I paid the money to get the discount to move out of the trial and have an account I don't qualify for the 14 day guarantee.

Also, the job form doesn't go along with the job from day to day. It resets to a new job form for each day. So you have to go back find the job in schedule and review there.

BuilderTREND and Knowify

Reasons for Choosing Jobber

Because product didn't do what I needed as a plumbing contractor.

BuilderTREND

The cost but

Response from Jobber Software

Hi Adam, our customers have many different workflows and are some of the busiest people out there, so being transparent about whether or not Jobber will be a good fit for a business is something very important to us. Because of this we're really sorry to hear if we weren't on the same page about what you were looking for and about your negative experience. A manager on our team will be reaching out to you to gather some more information on your experience, and we'll do our best to help determine the best solution for your business.

Ray B.

Very good

Reviewed on 21/07/2018

Pros

Ease of use for my team. I like to schedule reoccurring jobs years in advance. I like the batch invoicing.

Cons

I would like to see text messaging reminders for task to the team. This is when a last minute job or emergency call comes in after the days schedule has been made. If the team member does not look at calendar they will miss the added job. Also would like to be able to text customers a invoice when in the field.

Response from Jobber Software

Thanks for your feedback, Ray! We're glad to have Greenline as part of the Jobber team.

Push notifications might be helpful for what you're looking for. If your team has notifications enabled for the Jobber app, they'll be notified on their phone or tablet if a job has been added or updated for that day. If you have any questions about push notifications, please reach out to our Success team and we'll be happy to help! As well, SMS functionality for invoices is something we can definitely share with the team!

Jt O.

Great product

Reviewed on 03/11/2016

I have used other scheduling software and Jobber ranks right up there. It is a great value and I would reccomend it to anyone who asked me.

Pros

Great Value, easy to use, never had an issue that wasn't caused by my lack of computer understanding. Found it to be reliable and accurate

Cons

I would like it to have moe customizable option on invoices and emails. I would like the emails to be more stylish with my logo and what not. It would be nice to send out one mass email out to my customers at 1 time. Maybe this is available and I just havent figured it out yet. I have also had trouble syncing credit card payments between jobber and quickbooks but think that is due to my lack of understanding

Joe D.

• Customer Support Software

The must have scheduling software hands down!

Reviewed on 18/07/2018

Pros

I had one problem with the interface and less 2 months later it was remedied. I never even complained about it, they just fixed it themselves. User friendly, amazing and the best thing that happened to this pest control company since the invention of mice.

Cons

Nice try. Not one thing. And if there was you guys would fix it before I could complain. We use Jobber every single day and we would be lost with out it!

Response from Jobber Software

Thanks for the awesome review, Joe! We're glad we were able to fix the issue you noticed. We're so glad to have you and the Mice Mob team as part of the Jobber community!

Bob F.

Our Productivity and Customer Satisfaction has greatly increased

Reviewed on 21/05/2018

Efficiency and profitability

Pros

The staff is constantly making updates and the support team is always quick and polite. It seems that if we have a requested change to the software the team listens and rolls it out.

Cons

We have gone to a prepay system that the software is not completely set up for , but the staff has helped us make it work. Really hard to come up with any cons.

Response from Jobber Software

Thanks for the kind words, Bob! We're super glad to have you on the team. We're happy to hear you've been seeing your suggestions role out in our updates and that you now have a good system in place for your prepayments workflow :)

Josh H.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Great App

Reviewed on 14/03/2019

Pros

It helps us to schedule jobs better. Lots of great features from time tracking to expense tracking

Cons

Getting employees to use it. The app does its job just getting info upload is the hardest part.

Response from Jobber Software

We're so glad to hear we've been able to help out with improving your scheduling processes. If your team ever needs help, feel free to reach out to our Success Team and we can help out with training, and we're available for any questions via phone, chat or email. We'd also like to collect some feedback on where you might be seeing some issues with uploading. Thanks for taking the team to leave a review, Josh!

Todd S.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

• Customer Support Software

Jobber is a great bang for your buck

Reviewed on 13/05/2019

We have been in business for about 20 years, and have had a system in place that was not broken. But, Jobber has enabled us to streamline our business into one platform. Thus, allowing us to use our time more wisely. We love the software, and the support has always answered our questions in a timely manner.

Pros

We like the fact that it is cloud based, and we can access it from anywhere. We like the fact that we can use part of the software, and grow into the full scope of what jobber can provide.

Cons

I wish there was a way to pull a report on who entered in the job ticket. It would be nice to be able to track that information.

Response from Jobber Software

Thanks for your review, Todd! We're so glad to hear you've had a positive experience as you're getting started and that we've been able to help streamline your operations. We'll be sure to share your feedback about wanting insight into who is creating jobs for you. In the meantime, one thing that might help is creating a transferable custom field that is a dropdown list of folks on your team who create jobs so each team member can select their name as they're creating jobs. From there, you can pull a jobs report and see a breakdown of who is creating jobs, based on the custom field information. Hopefully that helps! Either way we'll share your feedback with the team. Thanks again for taking the time to leave a review! We're happy to be on the All About Signs team :)

Michelle G.

• Customer Support Software

It was a love hate relationship.

Reviewed on 19/06/2018

As mentioned it had some nice features in theory but overall it still needs a lot of work.

Pros

I really liked the concept, features and possibilities but a lot of what we needed was not available as of yet.

Cons

Customer service was great and would take note but nothing much they could do if the feature was not available. I ended up spending so much time with tutorials and customer service that it ended up just being too time consuming and so It was frustrating because I was constantly spending so much time with the program.

Response from Jobber Software

Hey Michelle, thanks for your feedback and thanks for giving Jobber a try. We're sorry to hear that we weren't the best fit for your business. It sounds like you really gave us a try¿thanks for working with us along the way! We're always adding new features so feel free to give us a try down the road. Wishing you the best until then!

• Customer Support Software

This software helped us digitalize our job scheduling l, job tracking and service reports.

Reviewed on 28/05/2018

It speeds up our office process and billing. Instead of receiving service reports from our technicians on a weekly basis we are getting them as soon as the job is complete which is now hourly.

Pros

- Ease of use
- the software is constantly growing
- The team at Jobber asks for our feedback makes changes, updates and improvements on a regular basis.

Cons

Occasionally there will be an item that I can customize to my wants, but that's me being picky.

Response from Jobber Software

Thank you for your review!

Paul R.

• Customer Support Software

Using Jobber to maintain a small technician workforce of appox. 11 team members. Works well.

Reviewed on 27/05/2018

Pros

Easy to use, team can invoice and take payment on the spot, new team view is brilliant as the team can finally see what each other are up to and who has space available if required for new tasks.

Cons

Xero integration - this needs work although I am not sure if this a Xero limitation or Jobber. For some reason I have to keep manually refreshing Xero contacts into Jobber. Again, this may be a limitation of the API, not sure but it sure is a little annoying.

Response from Jobber Software

Thanks for the review, Paul! We're so glad the Abacus team is finding it easy and that you're enjoying the new team view!

With our accounting integrations you will need to manually run your syncs to get information over, so if there are new contacts in either Jobber or Xero you would need to run a sync to get them over to the other program. Most of our customers usually run once at the end of their day, or whenever they need new information to get over to the other program.

If that doesn't exactly refer to what you're mentioning, please get in touch with our Success team and we will do our best to help out and pass any feedback on to the team! You can reach the team at 1-888-721-1115, [email protected], or by chat through your Jobber account.

Thanks again for your feedback, Paul! :)

Sarah kathryn W.

NOT Happy With Jobber

Reviewed on 01/12/2020

At this point i would NOT recommend jobber. i have found several bugs in their system and I feel like I am another member of their tech support at this point, but not getting paid.

The mapping system is TERRIBLE AND IT only allows you to reset the route two times a day. ummmmm WHY? is technology costly or something? It is MAPPING and we may need to do it more than twice. They are in Canada and the delay on their phone system is frustrating. I got dropped 2x and asked the guy to call me back from his cell phone and he said he wouldn’t.

Another problem is that my drivers sometimes have 55 stops in a day. From their app you can’t see a map - just a list. It is so maddening.

And we’re supposed to autobill our clients. one of our clients is supposed to be billed on Thursday. All 10 clients are billed except one and they can’t figure out why. Driving me and my bookkeeper crazy.

I’m super busy and have delayed writing this review for a long time. I don’t enjoy complaining. Hiring Jobber is limiting me growing my company. I’m extremely frustrated.

Sarah Kathryn Walmsley

Trash Can Valet

Pros

It barely meets my requirements for what I need.

Cons

Mapping is not good. Customer service usually is not good. Billing is not right.

Response from Jobber Software

Hi Sarah, we're very sorry to hear about your negative experience with Jobber and can understand how frustrating those issues must be. A member of our Success Team has reached out to find out more, and we hope things have improved since.

Gil P.

• Customer Support Software

jobber is awesome! I love the way we are able to be (almost) paper free.

Reviewed on 24/05/2018

it helped us get really organized really fast. I always know how my business is doing by logging in to the dashboard.

Pros

- ease of use
- feature rich
- customer portal with ability to pay with credit cards.
- digital signatures.

Cons

- there is no easy way to program jobs. its pretty manual. I wish there was a away to automate job creation based on data points already in jobber such as price per service, repetitive jobs...

Response from Jobber Software

Hey Gil! Thanks so much for this feedback. So glad to hear Jobber has been able to help your team get organized so quickly. If you haven't already, feel free to reach out to our Success team at 1-888-721-1115 or [email protected], and we'd love to chat about your thoughts on job creation and learn more about your workflow :)

April D.
  • Industry: Hospitality
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Easy Product To Use!

Reviewed on 06/02/2020

I have chosen to not subscribe after my free trial ends.

Pros

Giving my customers access to the Client Hub is what I liked most about this software.

Cons

The cost is what I liked least about this software. It's more expensive than the others that I have found.