Microsoft 365

4.6 (13,068)
Cloud collaboration and file sharing application suite

(13,068)
4.3/5

Oscar

Office 365 - Good for general use

Reviewed on 04/02/2021

We liked a lot. We managed to unify all the administration of licensing, mail and storage in a single tool which helped us save money.

Pros

The storage it gives is superior to others for both cloud storage and mail, this has been one of the things that made us acquire the complete suit.

Cons

The integration with third parties has not been the same as with our previous provider, which was Gsuit. The ease of having an account for everything and being able to share with clients was degraded a bit.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

Having a single vendor for software, mail, and storage was important to us, it helped us increase operational capacity and simplify the management of collaboration tools.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

The aim was to unify administration and increase capacities. This tool did everything.
Esther

Best Option for Automatically-Updated Office Installs, But Not the Greatest Value

Reviewed on 03/12/2019

Office 365 fits a very specific purpose, but it's a purpose that is very common in office environments: ensuring that you always have the latest version of Office applications available to you, including on multiple computers if you choose one of the higher-priced packages. Gone are the days of needing to purchase each new edition of Office every 3 years, because Office 365 automatically upgrades whenever a new version is released. The downside is, you're then locked into a monthly subscription, and then if you cancel it, all the money you spent leaves you with no access to the applications. This may not be a problem for everyone, but it is frustrating at times to realize you are essentially just "renting" access to the software. Its activation system is also a bit buggy, as Word regularly asks me to sign into my Microsoft account to re-activate the software, despite nothing on my account changing. If you can get beyond these issues, however, Office 365 definitely fills an important niche.

Pros

Always provides the latest version of all Office applications, can be used on multiple computers (depending on package purchased), offers OneDrive storage included with the packages

Cons

Becomes expensive over time, local installs of the applications sometimes need to be reactivated due to bugs in the activation system, locks you in to a specific software ecosystem

LibreOffice

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

Wider support for various document types, and needed advanced features of Office that were not available on open-source alternatives.
Wyatt
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Microsoft 365 is the full package

Reviewed on 17/01/2023

My overall experience with Microsoft 365 has been great, there are many ways to use it to ensure your organization has everything it needs to be successful.

Pros

Microsoft 365 provides a simple and straightforward to align all employees within an organization to one system. The features are rich and can be used by non-technical and power users alike. The suite of applications can get just about anything you need done.

Cons

Microsoft 365 can be a challenge to deploy initially, and the customer servive/technical support provided by Microsoft is not what I would consider top-tier. I have had many support tickets dropped or no support provided at all, which is not ideal for such a complex product.

Tim

• Customer Support Software

A great collection of tools that falls short for business

Reviewed on 22/06/2016

Office365 has it all. Productivity apps like the Microsoft Office suite, Sharepoint, Delve, Sway, Email, Active Directory sync, etc. are what's included.

Once downloaded and installed, the office suite works better than previous versions. The online version of the office suite works well, but is still lacking features of the desktop apps. It is similar to Google apps for business but looks like Microsoft Office. Delve is a super cool tool that allows users to see recent documents that they are their coworkers are using. The email system functions well and also works well in conjunction w/ Microsoft Outlook desktop app.

My big gripe, as always, is Sharepoint. Even though Sharepoint has been improved with the updates to 2013 and then 2016, it still has many issues that Microsoft has not fixed, although they know about them.
The 2 most common problems I have had with Sharepoint are disappearing files and OneDrive for Business desktop client errors.

Randomly disappearing files is a horrible thing for a cloud storage service to do! I have seen at least 1 file disappear per month that I have been using Sharepoint and that's simply unacceptable. Especially since Microsoft is supposedly gearing their business towards business technology. Seeing as I work for a state funded organization that has a fixed income, there really isn't much of an option to switch from the service, because Office365 is the cheapest one that can be easily administered from off-site.

Every 1-2 weeks I have to manually stop syncing sharepoint with my computer and resync it. This costs me about 2 hours of minimized productivity each time. I have also had 2 issues where the client simply failed for unknown reasons. The first time, Microsoft support forced me to reformat and reinstall everything, which again is a huge time waster. The second time resulted in 2 days of inconsistent access to sharepoint through he client, so I had to use the web interface. On the topic of the web interface... YOU CAN'T MOVE FILES IN THE WEB INTERFACE! The only way to do it is with a paid app that you add to Sharepoint, which still isn't that convenient. Additionally, the web view of Sharepoint is clunky and not easy to navigate back once you've made it somewhere in the file structure. The 2 stage recycle bin can also be a big space waster. If you manage a lot of documents you can end up with a loaded recycle bin and no free space. I can honestly go on and on about how much I like the concept of Sharepoint, and how bad it has always let me down.

Pros

Full of features that can meet just about anyone's needs at a fair price.

Cons

Sharepoint is still awful. Bottom line... explore your options for cloud storage thoroughly before making the choice to store your files w/ Microsoft Sharepoint.

John
  • Industry: Design

Microsoft 365 Makes Things So Much Easier

Reviewed on 06/10/2022

Overall, I'm very pleased with MS 365! I wouldn't switch to any other Office-like product. I'm with MS 365 from here on out!

Pros

I especially love the fact that SharePoint is a part of Microsoft 365. All the software provided in Microsoft 365 is fantastic, easy to use and understand, and just works. Additionally, Power Automate makes it possible for me to automatically save emails that have attachments directly into a SharePoint library. That alone is a game changer! Love it!

Cons

There's very little that I dislike about this software. The admin side can be a bit confusing, but that's likely just me not knowing enough about it. I wish OneDrive was a bit quicker to sync too. That's the one major issue I have with this. Dropbox blows MS 365's OneDrive away when it comes to syncing speed.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

The whole MS 365 package is so professionally put together and easy to understand. And there's so many training options available for MS 365. Other products seem a bit quirky and at times clunky.
Tracy
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

The ONLY Software you need for your business! VERY RECOMMENDED1

Reviewed on 17/01/2023

Overall, Office 365 has met all of my professional needs while working for my company for more than 2 years. Everything is accessible from a single platform including my calendar, presentations, documents, and many more. It has made my life a lot easier. Highly recommended!

Pros

One of the most important pros of Microsoft office 365 is location freedom. Because it is a cloud platform, I can access my spreadsheets, documents, presentations, and calendar from anywhere. In addition, this software keeps developing to give the maximum to its users at a very fair price.

Cons

It has many features, so you might get lost when first using the platform. BUT you will get used to it after a while.

Mohammed
  • Industry: Research
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Microsoft 365 as a powerful tool for All

Reviewed on 17/01/2023

Microsoft 365 is a great productivity tool with many capabilities. It may not be the greatest option for everyone, especially those on a budget or who want a simpler solution.

Pros

Microsoft 365 lets customers access their files anywhere with an internet connection. This makes it ideal for remote employees and project collaborators. The service is also updated regularly to provide customers with the latest tools and technologies.

Cons

Microsoft 365 requires a subscription, which might be expensive. For those unfamiliar with its tools and functions, the service can be complicated.

Allanys

The key for everything

Reviewed on 17/01/2023

Microsoft 365 has helped communicate with people trough Outlook, create paper with Word and even share then on OneDrive. For me it is the key to open a door full of success.

Pros

I have been using Microsoft 365 for years now, I have to say that it solves everything it has: file sharing and storage, documents, emails, and so on. It is the perfect platform to collaborate and create meaningful works.

Cons

Microsoft 365 is very complete, I have no complains about it.

Sarah

Best Product for your office

Reviewed on 17/01/2023

I highly recommend Microsoft 365 for both personal and work purposes.

Pros

I love everything about Microsoft 365. My favorite is having the application such as word, excel, and etc. available right online. If I change computers I can redownload, or access a project from an offsite location.

Cons

Just some of the navigation around the site, however this is because I don't have a need for a lot of the tools so I haven't tried to find them.

• Industry: Financial Services Software

Microsoft 365 the review

Reviewed on 18/01/2023

I realized many benefits and advantages that it became possible to socialize through it, and this made it easier for me to do many things, and its disadvantages are that there are some errors in file management, and we hope that you like our opinion

Pros

The thing I liked most about this program is its ease of use, and one of the advantages of this program is uploading files

Cons

The disadvantages of this program is that there are some errors in the written files, and we hope that they will develop more in the program

• Customer Support Software

Sharing with and working clients and others.

Reviewed on 14/11/2019

I love the download version of Office 365 and use it daily. I have a few issues with the only version being slow to respond but I can use autosave which keeps all my docs on my one drive. I like being able to open the onedrive any place I'm at to access information. Powerpoint is pretty good. Excel needs updated badly.

Pros

My favorite feature is sharing documents with a proofreader, client(s) or project member(s) which all us all the ability to adjust to document information and make changes together. We can all open the same document at the same time and work together to get the information how it needs to be. We often do a conference call with one main editor of the document. We can all watch the editing live. Other times we take turns editing the document. We can do in an hour what used to take us days of sending the documents back and forth. Plus word is something everyone understands so there is very little learning curve.

Cons

Excel badly needs build in Macros, shortcut features. I had a big product that while needed to move pdf information to Excel and it was a nightmare. I ended up download other software to put the information in the spreadsheet then copy and paste to Excel.

Dropbox Business and Dropbox Paper

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

Most of my clients are willing to get Office 365 since it has such a low monthly prices and most people knew enough about word documents to make editing documents together that there is very little learning curve.
Benjamin E
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Industry-Standard for a Reason

Reviewed on 11/06/2019

Pros

It just works. Documents go through without odd formatting issues or incompatibility problems. Everything works and the documentation and community are top-notch.

Cons

Basically, I had to pay for it, but that's the cost of doing business well.

WordPerfect Office

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

Previous software packages were sometimes hard to use to get the results I was looking for. Missing documentation or poor community support didn't make it any easier. Finally, I decided I was done being an amateur, upgrading to an office suite that wouldn't cause problems with my clients.

Apache OpenOffice

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

I used WP for years when I was in high school and college, but when it comes to cross-platform sharing, as I do as a writer dealing with multiple clients, compatibility issues are a poor excuse.
Joyce

I prefer office 365 to Google Suite

Reviewed on 03/12/2019

I prefer 365 over Google Suites and am frustrated by younger team members push for Google. I find 365 support far superior and technical support staff always helpful. I use all 365 products regularly in my work day and find it more reliable.

Pros

- ability to work from anywhere as long as I have internet
-cloud based so I have access to all my files even when on a different computer
- Access my email, files and all Microsoft programs from any location and device
-great customer support
-can work on device vs cloud and then save on device or cloud
-share documents- collaborate
- security
- no licensing issues- everyone in office has same service and upgrades at the same time

Cons

-since everything is cloud based if issues with internet equal issues access files
-updates can take a lot of time
-you have to purchase a subscription
- changing features
-- sometimes get "hung up" and doesn't do anything and will self shut down

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

Younger group of staff members prefer G Suite so we have both.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

I prefer it over the alternative. We are going to switch entire company back over to 365 from G Suite in the next 3-6 months.
Luis Alejandro

• Customer Support Software

A very good service but a little pricey

Reviewed on 13/08/2020

Just great, I has tried several suites (open source and freeware) and the differences are humongous! I prefer this suite over all alternatives out there because is bug free, constantly updated and have all of the feature you may need to get a great and polished work.

Pros

Solid suite for word processing, presentation and calculated sheets, brings all of you may need in one package, storage, file sharing, great integration with most remarkable tools in the market.

It is constantly evolving and updates are instantaneously given to is a software as a service (SaaS). It has more advanced and sophisticated apps for office work!

Cons

It is pricey, a different model that actually make you pay a subscription that although is has it value you have a permanent fee with too few options to avoid it.

Google Docs

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

The other options looks like a toy comparing with Office 365. It has all you need for professional works.

LibreOffice

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

As I mentioned earlier, it offer a solid suites of application which are superior for the most to competitors, in terms to work in office you need a tool that besides to be easy-to-use and well known, brings all of the features you need to do your jobs great and in the less amount of time.
Danang Muhammad

A Productivity suite for everyday job you'd never change!

Reviewed on 28/09/2021

As a freelance translator, I definitely use Microsoft Office on a daily basis. I use the Mac version of Office, and this software is extremely beneficial to me. I prefer to type scripts in Word. The formatting options are quite extensive. I use Excel to keep track of schedules, client lists, and monthly expenses. While PowerPoint is used to present to clients, the templates provided are quite good and visually appealing. Collaboration features that make it easy to see changes made by peers, as well as 1 TB of online storage that is more than enough for document storage. However, the monthly subscription fee is quite pricey for personal, and the iPad application's numerous limitations frequently prevent me from working when i didn't carry my Mac.

Pros

It just all-in-one complete productivity suite you need to do your job. An auto-save document feature (i use OneDrive) that saves me thousand time, and the fact that this software is a standard in every industry brings convenience to its users to exhange document and work on same project.

Cons

The subscription fee which pretty expensive for individual, the iPad app is less intuitive as it doesn't offer full function like the desktop version.

Google Docs and WPS Office

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

Microsoft 365 offer compatibility support and being standard means eliminating error formatting on documents.

Everything but Outlook

Reviewed on 29/07/2021

The overall experience customer side is good, but the partner experience is somewhat of a lonely and lost trip, as the standard Microsoft answer to a commercial or technical problem is "ask a vendor near you" even if you are a vendor! It works, but forget documentation for everything past the level "basic usage".
On the other end, OneDrive and Azure and Sharepoint are great, the multi user environment is great, and the multi user editing and collaboration tools are a godsend in many cases.

Pros

As you would expect, the world standard office suite "excels" at word, excel, powerpoint, etc..the latest versions brought innovative feature without losing the plethora of customizations and toggles inherited from the past, aka you can customize it to a LOT to fit exactly your workflow.

Cons

Outlook needs to be bugfixed, outlook needs to be bugfixed, outlook has huge bugs. Outlook works weird but tolerable when paired with Exchange, otherwise it's a PITA piece of code. Makes email disappear, has huge latencies, pst corruption, ost corruption, reacts badly to external errors(no internet connectivitiy, unresponsive mail server..). To be clear, it has none of the stability of Thunderbird, which is free. When we deploy it in a business or corporate environment we always pair it with a mail backup system.

Google Docs, Apache OpenOffice, and LibreOffice

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

While LibreOffice is a solid alternative for 90% of the stuff, Microsoft365 edges it with the advanced functions which are useful at business and corporate level, and it's basically the only contestant for proper(and i mean it, proper) multi user office work.
Holton
  • Industry: Defense & Space

Easy to use on the go

Reviewed on 04/12/2020

My overall experience has been very positive. It was easy to deploy and switch over from g-mail. Also with the Teams function it has allowed / enabled great collaboration across the company.

Pros

Our company recently switched from G-mail to Office 365. We found that Office 365 is a lot easier to use in terms of remote login as well as on mobile devices. Also, the file sharing and e-mail search function is better than g-mail.

Cons

The only issue that we had is that with 365 you have to a different license if you want to download the application to your desktop. The advantage of having the Outlook (e-mail for Office 365) application on your desktop is that you are able to work with it when disconnected from wifi. Many of our employees travel for work and are planes or airports where they may not have easy access to wifi....so they need to still be able to respond to e-mails. The fact that we had to pay extra to get the applications downloaded for remote use was a bit frustrating.

Gmail

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

While g-mail is good for a smaller company, we found it very difficult to use for searching and archiving e-mails. Also, it was not great with document management.

Gmail

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

We considered staying with g-mail but once we received a demo from Microsoft on Officer 365 is became obvious to us that we need to make a change.
Stefan

Office 365/Review

Reviewed on 24/07/2019

I use this program for private and business purposes, although a bit more demanding program it gives me a bit of fun while working.

Pros

The benefits of Office 365 are many, I will try to list only some.

By subscribing to Office 365 (O365), you get access to the latest versions of Office software (WORD, Excel, PoverPoint, Outlook, OneNote, etc.). Allows you to use the most advanced features in these applications that have become better at a given moment (e.g., Direct Translation of Text in a Second Language in Vord, Using Geo Cards in Excel, or Inserting 3D Visual Elements in a PoverPoint).

The full package works best with the cloud (cloud) where Microsoft gives each user a free terabyte space on their file storage servers. One terabyte is more than enough to store all the files you use on documents (photos, photos, videos, e-mails, etc.). Transferring your files to the cloud gives you several benefits:

:: Your files are available to you from any computer, tablet, and on your phones: You can share files with colleagues, even more so, work on the same file at the same time from different locations (for example, colleagues in the office and you at home, do together on the same PowerPoint presentation, and then see who made the change). These services significantly reduce the number of sent emails, then problems that arise when the organization circles several versions of the same document within the organization.

:: When all of your files are in the cloud, it means you always have a copy of your disc without the need for external disks.

Cons

There are also shortcomings in the use of O365 that some organizations can be decisive when deciding whether to switch to this service:

:: If you are not connected to the Internet, synchronization between devices will not work. This means that you may not be able to update the latest version of the file your colleague worked with using the 'cloud'.

:: Microsoft almost daily adds new features, and for some users who do not like changes, it may be a problem.

Arnaldo

A company must have

Reviewed on 13/02/2021

I have been using Office 35 from the moment I start my professional life, each company that I have passed by they have Office 365 in the toolset. You are not going to use your personal email for business matters, you use an office 365 email account. You don't use your pen and notebook to present the progress of your work, you go with a PowerPoint presentation. You don't share a list of clients or products in a chat message, you share an Excel file in your company Sharepoint. You don't call a client or your coworkers with a Whatsapp video call, you open your Outlook calendar and schedule a Teams meeting. That my company uses Office 365 makes my work daily life easier, and I would recommend the same for everyone else.

Pros

Office brings a box full of tools that any employee in a company of more than five people will need. You will need to send emails (Outlook), you will need to create documents (Word), you will need to create presentations for clients and other coworkers (PowerPoint), you will need to be able to create videoconference meetings (Teams), you will need to share documents and have it accessible (Sharepoint), and the list could go on. Microsoft has a tool that has been the king of office matters from the moment they created it and is not for nothing. All of the tools inside the package are the best tool in the market for each of their purposes.

Cons

Is expensive, and that goes with each individual product of Office. Is something that a company can pay and is totally worth it, but for personal use, small startups, or freelancing, is a product that probably you cannot afford. They could provide a community version with tons of fewer features and still would be really well received.

CARLOS

• Customer Support Software

Thanks to office 365 we were able to integrate our work efforts achieving greater productivity

Reviewed on 06/07/2018

Do not hesitate to implement it in your business. Office 365 a single software, 365 reasons to use it.

Pros

in my personal experience office 365 has been satisfactory, i work in a University. The nature of my organization requires continuous and constant contact with a multitude of multidisciplinary teams.
As all organizations, saving is fundamental to provide more resources. Effective communication, immediacy in the access to information and teamwork are fundamental keys to perform our work. Office 365 has allowed us to build an efficient work platform. With a single annual payment we are entitled to a business license that allows us to access office 365 in all the computers of the organization.
We have been able to structure all office 365 services in a shared way. For example we have an institutional email through the Exchange Online tool, likewise we support all our documentation in Onedrive, the office cloud that provides us with up to a terabyte of space. In terms of communications we have business Skype, which allows us to hold video conferences, online meetings and shared remote access to desktops from PC to PC.
However, what I consider to be a great of office 365 is the online sharepoint tool. which allows us to create sites to share files and large documents between colleagues. We have used it as a kind of digital repository for all our shared data.
Through office 365 we were able to articulate our work efforts. it facilitates us to keep track of projects, keep communication in real time as well as a backup of everything we are doing and sharing.

Cons

In my personal experience office 365 has been so satisfactory that I have nothing to object to. I can only say thank you microsoft.

Jeffrey

Microsoft Office 365 for Mac users

Reviewed on 17/02/2019

I really only use Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel, although outlook and OneNote can come in handy sometimes. Microsoft excel is probably the biggest benefit to Office 365.

Honestly the biggest benefit I guess would be from the updates that you receive every time there is an update available. I didn't get much use out of the other features of office 365.

However, I would like to see more updates for Mac users to make their software more compatible with Mac. It just seems a little bit more buggy on Mac OSX also.

Overall I was moderately happy with Office 365 it's useful but it's not amazing for one I don't like paying the subscription fee and for two if I am paying the subscription fee I expect the software to work flawlessly on Mac and it doesn't.

Pros

-Excel Macros: For me, I am in the SEO industry so I use Excel quite a bit. I switch off between Google Sheets and excel sometimes there are things where Google Sheets is better such as when I need to use certain scripting (google apps script) for automation. Other times Excel macros are much better.

For example, if I need to create macros to manage thousands of keywords Excel macros works much better than Google Sheets. Its a desktop app, so this makes sense. But there is one caveat: It's sometimes buggy on mac osx.

Cons

-Buggy on Mac OSX: When I least like about Microsoft Office is it's kind of buggy with Mac OS X. Sure it works fine for everyday use but for my case I like to use Excel macros to automate the handling of thousands of keywords. A lot of times when I have thousands of keywords and I run macros it will freeze on my Mac computer.

The application will freeze whereas if I hop all over onto a Windows machine and run the exact same macros it will run perfectly. So situations like this are not ideal for Mac users. The software is just much more buggy and also surprisingly less little feature-rich on Mac. I don't know if it's intentional but I have noticed that it works much better and has better features on Windows.

Onedrive is slow: With OneDrive, it seems like an amazing deal - for what you're paying for, but the usability was just not there. It took forever to upload to one drive compared to Google Drive. It was not even usable for me to use in a practical way.

Richard
  • Industry: Utilities
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Office 365 is Amazing

Reviewed on 27/12/2019

The best thing about O365 is having access to all your files anywhere on any device. I can't accentuate how convenient this is, especially if you travel. If I'm in a meeting, being driven to the airport or office, or in the gym and I get a call or text that someone needs documentation right away, I can simply email or text it from my phone. Before that I'd go to the gym with my laptop just in case I got a call and needed to take care of something. And then I'm relying on my gym's WiFi to connect so I can take care of it. I don't have to worry about any of this with O365. As long as I have data, I can do whatever I want.

Pros

I like how all of my Microsoft products are connected. They work together to provide me a more convenient user experience. I love how I can access all of my files on any device whenever I need it. Exchange Online is also amazing. It's a much better experience - more features, such as enhanced filtering and search capabilities. I also love easy access to OneNote, Planner, Project, Teams, etc., and how they all integrate with each other. This is just a perfect offering. It is amazing.

Cons

Getting the configurations correct has been challenging. For OneDrive for example, we have a setting that allows managers access to all of their employees' files. This was a problem, and a little difficult to figure out how to turn that feature off. However, the support we have with O365 is fantastic. They walked us through it and it turned out to not be as difficult as we thought. It's nice to have someone walk you through the more challenging parts.

Ricardo Andrés
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

MICROSOFT OFFICE INDISCUTIBLE LEADER

Reviewed on 24/10/2018

In the case of Office 365 Profitability, which allows to optimize the efficiency and productivity of the organization due to the control and ease of management allowing any person with access to share information from any place or device, thanks to the cloud "we work from anywhere" and "Team work" regardless of time zones

Pros

With nearly 25 years in the Windows universe, despite the fact that there are free Office software alternatives, Microsoft Office continues to be the most widely used on a global scale among users and customers, whether at the corporate or personal level, none of these tools has arrived. to pose a threat to the reign of Microsoft Office, The Redmond company now offering services for the Microsoft cloud based on a subscription model, with desktop applications for Windows that include Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook and Access, and One of its innovations is that they allow the collaborative edition of documents and teamwork, this is a great step from the suite to a set of applications where tablets and smartphones with iOS and Android operating systems can access these documents through web applications that Microsoft has released so that users can temporarily use a document of the classic tools of Off ice: Word, Excel and Power Point, boosting productivity in an increasingly connected and prepared environment for modern work and collaboration online and in a team within a company or personal level.

Cons

In a Microsoft Office administrative installation, more disk space is used on the server, the amount of disk space required on the server ranges between 100 and 325 MB or more, depending on the version of Microsoft Office, if other programs use your server network or if you use it to store data files, it is possible that the server does not have enough disk space, however, this problem is more due to the limited storage of the PCs than the program itself, what it does have is a cost per license very high, apart from that I find no disadvantages that subtract points in favor of Microsoft Office

John
  • Industry: Publishing

Microsoft Office 365 - a Great and Affordable Suite of Programs

Reviewed on 12/05/2020

We have had a wonderful and enabling experience with With Microsoft Office 365, which is a key part of our success.

Pros

For a modest monthly payment of $9.99 or an annual payment of $99.00, Microsoft Office 365 gives you a number of useful programs. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook. MicrosoftAccess (PC only) and MicrosoftPublisher (PC only).

In addition you get two great services: OneDrive and Skype. In addition, Microsoft Office 365 runs on: Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS!

Our main use of Microsoft Office 365 consists of Word and Excel. We use Word to write and format the books we publish and Excel is what we use for our financial planning and job progress.

In addition, Word gives us the powerful feature in that we can offer it free of charge to our clients in an offline environment. This way we can show our clients in real-time the progress we are making on their book, enabling them to participate in the project.

We are now strongly considering using Outlook to manage and organize our emails. This is the flexibility that Microsoft Office 365 provides. Should we need another application, Microsoft Office 365 has it ready for us.

As for Microsoft Office 365 services, we have been using money-saving Skype for years.

Just about any application or service you will ever need is waiting for you in Microsoft Office 365!

Cons

For us we see no Microsoft Office 365 applications or services that does not have the features we require.

Yes, there is a bit of a learning curve involved with the applications we use, Word and Excel. However, all the necessary information on how to use its applications is an integral part of Microsoft Office 365.

Michael

• Customer Support Software

This software suite is aptly named - pretty much all of our clients use it. Microsoft is...

Reviewed on 13/10/2017

Pros

O365 is the gold standard, right? Yes, there are other spreadsheet composition apps you can use but they're all compared to Excel. The measuring stick for how a word processor or document editor holds up is how similar it is to Word. PowerPoint is such an industry standard that people use it to describe a sequence of slides prepared for presentations even when the creator used a different piece of software. And so on.

Cons

Real talk - Cloud Tech Smart is principally an IT services provider for small businesses. Tier 1 help desk stuff is our bread and butter. So, if a client's Outlook is being weird or whatever, it's me who calls. Not them. And I have to say, Microsoft's customer support DOES eventually resolve every ticket I bring to them but they don't make it easy. First they want to make sure I am who I say I am. Clarifying that the person who originally purchased the license has outsourced his IT department to us is insufficient - sometimes I have to log in to their admin portal and send an email as whatshisname to tech support to tell them to trust me. After we get through all of that, the tech working on the issue insists on going back through the troubleshooting process starting from Step 1, no matter how much of that I've already done in the hope that I could resolve the issue without calling him in the first place.

Anyway. Like I said, I've never opened a ticket that couldn't be eventually closed with a desirable resolution. But I do know one client in particular (a lawyer) who wanted to litigate over a problem that took literally days to fix, was ultimately Microsoft's fault, and the solution for which was to just delete and reinstall the software, which is what I wanted to do in the first place but was explicitly told not to by the tech who took my ticket. So there is that.