Bookedin

Online appointment booking for busy shops.

4.6 /5 (224 reviews) Write a Review!
4.6
4.4
4.2
4.6
4.7
Michael M.
Industry: Hospitality

Excellent solution and great value

Reviewed on 17/05/2019

Bookings our primary business model but do form an important part of it, so we needed a platform with good functionality but not a restaurant-level price tag. BookedIN has been perfect for that, and offers a great experience to both us and our customers

Pros

Easy and intuitive to set up and navigate. Integration with website and social media works well. Simple interface has surprisingly rich features that allow you to customise the customer experience. Paypal integration works well. When required, customer support has been responsive and helpful.

Cons

The one feature I'd like to see added is a good print function for the calendar, in our case to give a daily schedule to our staff. At this point your options are limited to taking a screen capture of the information.

Kathy W.
Industry: Management Consulting

An organized time machine

Reviewed on 14/03/2017

BookedIn improved my business and enhanced my life. My clients love it because it is so easy to use. I love it because I can control my time. The software is very intuitive. The graphics are crisp, clean and easy to read. I can sort clients by name and it shows all their appointment history. I can even request a payment using BookedIn.
I did a lot of research on scheduling platforms. Some are less expensive, but the support that BookedIn provides is simply amazing. They answer questions in just minutes - day or night!
My clients also love that they can drop me a note when they make an appointment. BookedIn is a wonderful tool. Try it and see what it can do for you!

Pros

The displays. The ability to sort by client. The day off button. How easy it is to alter my hours and set up different types of work.

Cons

I wish it dealt with time zone changes. I travel and my clients are from all over. If they could book in their time zone and they could see my schedule in their time zone, it sure would be more user friendly for them. Then I'd want to see my appointment in my time zone, depending upon where I was located . I've also gotten some feedback that clients can't cancel their appointments. They keep contacting me to cancel the appointment for them. This needs to be clarified. Directions for cancelling should be visible to clients.

David R.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Happy with the product

Reviewed on 31/05/2020

The main problems this solves are:
--Endless back and forth with clients via email or phone tag to get appointments set up
--Time spent manually doing reminders, where human error is a factor
--Ease of booking on the go.

Pros

We liked:
--The look of the booking page from the client side.
--The ability for clients to easily book multiple appointments with different providers on the same day
--Customizable email reminders
--Ability to add links to email reminders

Cons

We wish:
--we could see a record of text and email reminders
--we could see who cancelled and made appointments
--we could integrate with our merchant service (Square) rather than use PayPal

Karen G.

I love BookedIn. Very convenient and easy to use. Although I would love to see new features.

Reviewed on 17/07/2018

Pros

Easy access, I can sync to my personal calendar, appointment reminders for clients (although I wish there were more options for reminders: like a day before notification/reminder). Love that I can pull up app from my computer or mobile devices.

Cons

I can't pull over clients who are already in my contacts. It would be so much easier if I could have access to my contacts when booking a new client who may already be in my phone contacts. Right now I have to copy phone numbers and email address from contacts in order to add to bookedin to book appointments.

Jana B.
Industry: Consumer Services

I use this program for my salon. My clients and my stylists love it, and so do I!

Reviewed on 02/07/2018

The ability to keep track of all my stylists and my schedules on the go, as well as allow clients to schedule online which they love.

Pros

I can take calls at home and schedule any time from my phone. I can see what my stylists are doing any time, which I love.

Cons

I wish it saved client info from the client side so I wouldn't get so many duplicate entries from clients who may not type their name in the same each time. Also, when they are booking multiple appointments, they have to type their info in each time. I wish it were easier to combine duplicate entries as well.

Brandon R.
Industry: Cosmetics

Amazing service

Reviewed on 01/02/2020

Absolutely love it! It has made my life so much easier.

Pros

I spent so much time trying to schedule appointments! With a little bit of leg work in the beginning you can set your schedule well ahead of time. I now use this software to direct clients to on my website and it allows them to find a day and time that works for them! Cuts out a lot of the middle man!

Cons

There is some prep time, but it's worth it. I do wish you could change hours for multiple days at a time and I wish that there was a way to make vacation day instead of unavailable.

Monica Y.

Love program until you updated software and now my patients are getting emails for 1:30am etc appoin

Reviewed on 28/06/2018

Pros

Ease of adding patient information, allows me to make changes to names etc. Patients love the system.

Cons

but do not like how u changed the time slots. Until I realized I needed to make sure all appointments said PM patients are getting emails in the middle of the night .. Not happy

Response from BookedIN

Hi Monica, Thank you for letting us know about that issue with the am/pm. I'm so sorry about that, a client getting an email for a 1:30am appointment is definitely not good! This issue was caused by a bug, and thankfully it is now fixed. The AM/PM should now default properly avoiding any confusion. Please let us know if you have any other concerns, thank you again for letting us know. ~Leanne

Laura O.

User-friendly!

Reviewed on 27/10/2016

This appointment booking software is absolutely perfect for my needs. It has significantly decreased my need for back-and-forth communication just about scheduling issues, thereby saving me time. Customer service has always been so prompt with their responses. I tried a couple of other similar programs before Booked In and it is above and beyond better than other programs out there.

Pros

Real time scheduling, they do all the confirmation and reminder emails, ease of ability to change my "regular" schedule when I need to. Syncs to my personal calendar, which is awesome. I love the app as well for when I'm not at my computer.

Cons

I honestly haven't had any issues with it. Very satisfied.

Keith I.

I've Tried Everything!

Reviewed on 02/10/2020

Pros

1. Easy to use
2. Effective
3. Attractive Client Interface

I've used pretty much every scheduling software on the planet and Bookedin is, by far, the best in every way. I can't imagine running my hypnosis practice without it!

Cons

There are ZERO Cons to Bookedin. I can't think of one thing I'd suggest to them to make it better.

Response from Bookedin

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this amazing review; you're a rockstar, Keith! I like how you enumerated the great stuff and made us feel that you're our #1 fan! Please continue to spread the good news! --Geno

Heather K.
Industry: Automotive

Review today nov 15

Reviewed on 15/11/2016

Works great. I don't know what else to type for the 100 characters so I will just type until then:)

Stacey G.
Industry: Consumer Services

BookedIn Saved my life!

Reviewed on 13/03/2017

We are a small cleaning service and found we were double booking in the office and out on the job. With bookedin our gals out on the jobs can book their next appointment right from their phone and know what has been scheduled in the office. The notes option is great to share details on customers and specifics to the cleaning job so if another crew needs to go out they will know what to expect. The only draw back is you have to manually enter appointments, there is no way to set a standing every other week or once a month appointment for a customer.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use and the e-mail confirmations that are sent out to the customers. It not only helps with cancelations but also with miscommunication.

Cons

There is no way to mark a customer as a regular standing appointment, you have to enter the appointment in manually each time.

Dan S.
Industry: Photography
Company size: Self Employed

Way better than manually scheduling bookings,

Reviewed on 21/07/2017

Not having to have actual conversations and figure out when I'm available and the client is available.

Pros

It works well with my real estate photography business, most other apps we geared for taking bookings at 1 location. I rarely have the same location, and if I do all the client info is saved.

Cons

I'm still having trouble with the "break" time.
Ex: 1:00hr session at 3:00pm plus 30 mins break. But it is still possible to book 4:00pm.

Response from BookedIN

Thank you for your review Dan! Regarding the "break" time, it sounds like you need to adjust your "booking interval". This helps space out the appointments to account for your break time. Go to "settings > calendars > edit "booking interval". Change booking interval to 1.5 hours. Let us know if we can help you set this up! Email any time: [email protected]

Olivia M.

Great calendar tool

Reviewed on 27/08/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I like the feature to integrate calendars into my schedule. It's also great to have the reminders for appointments available to be sent thru email or text depending on the client.

Cons

I wish I could have multiple schedules for different types of appointments and who the appointment would be with. Other then that it's great for scheduling

Imani S.
Industry: Mental Health Care

Love BookedIN

Reviewed on 09/06/2020

Booked in is very easy to use

Pros

What I like is the multi functional and easy to use

Cons

What I do not like, I wish I could upload pictures

Teresa F.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

1st Class software

Reviewed on 17/05/2019

I this particular point I haven't found any

Pros

25 years in the industry and this is by far the easiest most effective and efficient software I have ever used and even all of my clients make a comment on how easy and effect of this is

Cons

I this particular point I haven't found any

Dennis L.

Makes life easier

Reviewed on 13/03/2017

Trying to get clients booked in can be a struggle sometimes. With BookedIN this is now stress free, clients can be sent a link or go online and find a suitable time to come in. They can also pay before the session through a confirmation email. Love it!!!

Pros

It's easy to use and it frees up my time

Cons

Reoccurring sessions are not available but I know this is being worked on

Summer H.

Glitches, slow, double bookings

Reviewed on 17/09/2020

Not good. I use it DAILY as do my clients. Some months I have hundreds of clients and 20-30 per week. It is confusing in some ways for clients.

Pros

Overall, set up is easy.
Allowed options that I need for my business.

Cons

Will not let me (the administrator) make changes, if trying to change multiple things will say “can’t do this other processing”, allowed double booking when it should NOT have, will not let me book or reschedule appointments. Etc...

Response from Bookedin

Thank you for your feedback Summer and we appreciate your honest review. Here in Bookedin, we prioritize helping our clients to ensure that we address all your issues and concerns to provide a positive and exceptional customer experience. I will be contacting you personally to address the issues that you've encountered with our software. Talk to you soon and take care always. --Geno

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Shala O.
Industry: Cosmetics

Hair salon

Reviewed on 16/11/2016

I really love my Bookedin system I just don't like the fact for a couple days I will get notifications and then I will not receive any. I have to sign completely out and back into receive my notifications.

Pros

Keeping my schedule under control

Cons

Having to sign out every time just to make sure I get my notifications. I wish my notifications that come through all the time I miss a lot of appointments because of that

Response from BookedIN

Thank you so much for the review here Shala! We're super glad you found us. =) For the app notifications, I believe this issue has been fixed. Can you please update your bookedIN iPhone app? If you have any other issues, or would like some help testing the notifications, please email me any time: leanne @ bookedin.net

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Jarrah C.
Industry: Retail

have only been using the software for a few months, and it all seems to be going well

Reviewed on 01/11/2017

the ease of booking from our multiple computers we have in our shop, plus being able to book appointments for our artists that move around our three shops which all use the bookedIN program. also being able to create appointments for our artists through the mobile app.

Pros

the support i can receive when i have any issues is prompt and very helpful.
and is quiet easy to navigate and use

Cons

sometimes when refreshing it can take a a bit to reload (but that may just be our internet speeds) . and have had an issue with double booking, but think we figured it was an error on our behalf,

Ashley U.
Industry: Retail
Company size: Self Employed

Wonderful! No more paperbook for me & clients love the online booking!

Reviewed on 03/02/2018

No more paper appointment book! Its so easy to use for myself and my clients. I ho estly couldnt be happier with it!

Pros

Easy online booking for clients
Easy to use app for me
Plug in my own services
Time frames for each service
Notifications for new/canceled appointments
Reminders for clients
Easy access for phone, tablet or computer

Cons

Havent really had any issues yet except that sometimes it says it cant connect to the server. When it does that i just close out of it & start it back up again and it works.

Teresa J.
Company size: Self Employed

very easy and smooth navigation

Reviewed on 08/10/2016

offers a lot of features, incorporates multiple studios well on one page, quick response from support, fits my needs

Pros

easy for clients to book. they do not need to remember passwords

Cons

pricey for me

Response from BookedIN

Thank you so much for the kind words Teresa! Regarding the mobile app, I'm emailing you now separeately to get a bit more info. We'd love to hear any and all feedback on how to improve it! Our developers are constantly working on new updates and hopefully we can iron out any and all clunky-ness in our next update to the app. =) ~Leanne

Ami B.

Saved my sanity

Reviewed on 09/09/2014

I started my tattoo and body piercing shop on booked in 6 months ago, and it has saved us so much hassle. Since we are a smaller shop, my staff used to take turns answering the phone because we don't have a receptionist. This interrupted things when we were with clients. We had what seemed like an endlessly full voicemail inbox.
Now instead of people calling and trying to book consults, piercings or touch ups, they just go to our booking page, find a time and date, and they're booked with just a few clicks. I also noticed we're showing up now in google, which is great since we don't have time to build our own website. Most of our promo is done through Instagram, so we just put a link to our bookedin page in our profile. Easy peasey.

Jordyn G.
Industry: Photography
Company size: Self Employed

Easy to use, helps me keep track of clients.

Reviewed on 11/07/2017

It's like having a personal secretary at your fingertips. It send your alerts and your clients are able to get in touch with you easily. I've had more business because I'm able to keep track of all my photo shoots and clients

Pros

This is an amazing software that reminds me when I have sessions with clients. It sends them automatic reminders. It's able to accept payment through the site.

Gary S.

Better than Schedulicity, or any other online booking offering!

Reviewed on 24/09/2015
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I used to use Schedulicity, but I could not support multiple offices without scheduling conflicts. BookedIn solved that issue.

Cons

Nothing to comment on here. They are great.

Millie R.

Needs improvement

Reviewed on 19/03/2017

Many of my customers do not check email, so I still have to text them confirmations. There is no capability to double or triple book...Almost all of my clients come in for more than one service...I have to adjust the length of time to accommodate more than service especially because they will get multiple text messages for each service requested.

Pros

Ease of making appointments for both professional and client.

Cons

No SMS confirmation capability and inability to book more than one service at once.

Response from BookedIN

Hi Millie,

BookedIN SMS reminders are now live! Looks like your clients are using it already. Got any feedback for us?

As for booking more than one service, were you able to turn on the "allow double booking (internal only)" feature?

If you need help at all, please give our team a shout any time. =)

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10