Josh B.
  • Industry: Accounting Software

Review of Resource Guru

Reviewed on 04/01/2021

The software helps keep my projects organized and my work week time management is more efficient.

Pros

What I like most about Resource Guru is the user friendly interface and the drag and drop feature. I like the feature that lets one drag a project onto multiple days and then divide it and update the number of hours for the new days.

Cons

Sometimes editing an a already created item can be difficult to figure out. Often I delete the incorrect item instead of editing and create a new one.

Ana D.

• Customer Support Software

Very useful and great usability

Reviewed on 04/11/2019

Pros

Usability
Customizable profiles
Excellent reports

Cons

Could have other useful features such as time-tracking or absence approval

Morel D.

Simplify the organization

Reviewed on 07/12/2019

ResourceGuru help us to have a simple and common interface to forecast activities in our different teams

Pros

Very easy to use.
API interface.
Fast and configurable

Cons

Not too much updates.
Missing real dashbaord in the tools
Need to integrate UI improvemnt on all views

Ellen M.
  • Industry: Accounting Software

Go for Guru

Reviewed on 08/01/2021

Love this software and the interface is so easy to use. I like that I can add resources that are not people and move things around with ease.

Pros

The ability to see entire team's schedule at once and ease of changing assignments

Cons

I'd like more flexibility in scheduling recurring projects. I'd like other users to have more flexibility in moving items I put on the schedule

Alex R.
  • Industry: Computer Games
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

• Customer Support Software

Squash out your excel files for assignments

Reviewed on 27/12/2019

It allows you to set up the whole production team with just a few clicks. The customer service is highly responsive and reliable

Pros

Automates a lot of manual stuff and gives you insightful reports

Cons

Reporting could be more detailed, but can be overcome

Deep C.

• Customer Support Software

We love working with this tool and being able to see the company bookings at a glance.

Reviewed on 20/02/2018

Insight on how long projects are booked for, how many hours are booked against a project and if this makes sense for our sales and we're quoting projects correctly. An easy to use tool that allows us to be able to update and manage resources quickly and ever so easily.

Pros

Easy to add projects, easy to add customers, easy to add team members. The email summary sent out to everyone is great and easy for users to gain access to be able to see their work for the day/week/months coming. The reporting functionality allows us to export the information cleanly and easily for internal reporting needs

Cons

Unable to track timesheets and then be able to compare how accurate bookings vs actuals will be.
Would love to be able to have Project Manager's be able to book their times through the site and then have it approved by Resource Manager.

• Used for 2+ years

• Customer Support Software

The Resource Guru Support is Top Notch!

Reviewed on 06/03/2018

Pros

Our use of Resource Guru is sort of out of the box. We use it for scheduling barn space in the Agriculture Industry. The support team has always stepped up to find ways to enable Resource Guru to fit with our unique needs. If it works this well for our out of the box use, imagine how well it works for it's intended purpose. For us, the reasonable price has been worth the gamble of using a software not meant for our intended use.

Cons

In our out of the box use, the biggest con - is the speed at which the software moves from page to page. However, this might not be Resource Guru's fault. It could be our internet capabilities, or the amount of data we plug in for our purpose. For our use, I'm looking a 15-17 week time frame, like most people look at a 8-10 hour work day. If you use the software as it's intended, this probably wouldn't be a problem.

Debs T.

• Customer Support Software

Best capacity planning tool on the market

Reviewed on 16/06/2021

Understanding what my team are working on and when. Visually seeing a snapshot of capacity so I can plan new work coming into the team and manage stakeholder expectations.

Pros

I originally chose Resource Guru after extensive research of capacity planning tools. Many tools were geared more to project management or managing shift/work patterns. Resource Guru gives me what I need, I can plot and allocate time for BAU/project and ad-hoc work for my team and quickly and easily see where there is capacity.

Cons

Originally there was no ability to schedule an event to more than one team member. This has now been implemented and is a really useful tool.

Kenny A.

• Customer Support Software

Simple and basic but effective and problem solver

Reviewed on 20/09/2019

It provides a birds eye view of our capabilities, quickly proving our team with the information required to manage the bookings for everyone of our 60 Devs.

Pros

That it does exactly what it should. No complex features such as budgets or projects.

Cons

We were hesitant at first because of the pricing but after using it for a few months we realized that it became a most for our Staff Augmentation business model. Our Capabilities team couldn’t survive a day without it.

Sarah C.

Ultimate Workflow Organization

Reviewed on 24/03/2021

Generally great for a quick overall scheduling tool. Easy to use and set up. As per all comments above.

Pros

Ease of use, simplistic interface, clear directions, offers straight forward visibility.

Cons

Time consuming to set up the Individuals daily hours. Not possible to alter resources image once they’ve logged onto their schedule. Not possible to link to the project management tool in order to set a budget, assign tasks to a budget to pull down time into the schedule - which can then be a time sheet.

Rachel G.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Generally an excellent tool

Reviewed on 20/09/2019

Pros

I like how easy it is to track my schedule, my colleagues schedules, and our communal equipment.

Cons

I dislike getting the email with my daily schedule at midnight. I'm not sure if this is a company setting, or if the email could be moved to a more useful time or cancelled completely. It would be helpful to get an email if your schedule has been changed for the next 48 hours or similar.

Response from Resource Guru

Hi Rachel

Thanks for your feedback! We do have plans to let you change the time of the daily schedule email in future, but in the meantime if you'd prefer to turn it off you can do this in your Settings by following the walkthrough here https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942114-switching-off-daily-schedule-email-notifications

I hope this helps, but please let me know if there's anything else I can do for you. I'm always happy to help!

Kat

Harald S.
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

• Customer Support Software

Fleksible and easy to use resource management tool

Reviewed on 10/02/2021

Verry happy. It replaced Our old manual Resource management sheets, giving us an flexible solution, enabling online editing and availablitiy, easy extraction og management reports, and verry good support.

Pros

It's a modern Interface that enables verry good Visual overview of Resources. Staff need verry litle training to use the tool and it has been easy to implement.

Cons

When searching for an Activity it does not show the NeXT logical occurance, making it necessary to scroll a lot to find it.

Christopher H.
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Reviewed on 24/09/2019

Please see why did you make the switch

Pros

-East to use
-Visually pleasant
-Free
-Versatile (eg. can add time off and shows in different colour)

Cons

I did not really find any cons with Resource Guru. However, perhaps it would be nice to have an option of integrating with Microsoft Outlook?

Ashley B.
  • Industry: Events Services

Clearly Brilliant!

Reviewed on 20/02/2020

I genuinely use this product every day and would find it hard to function in my day to day without it.
Although there is room for improvement, I think in the last year it has improved greatly and am excited to see what features are to come in the future.

Pros

I love the way it looks and how easy it is to navigate.

Cons

I would like to be able to copy and paste a job across multiple users. Or have a tick box field that puts it into the diaries who will also attend that same meeting.

I would like to be able to write all the information about the 'Event' in the projects tabs and for that to carry across to the timeline.

Response from Resource Guru

Hi Ashley - thanks for your positive review :) I just wanted to let you know that multi-resource and repeat bookings are on the roadmap. In the meantime you can SHIFT drag bookings to copy them. Also if you want to see the details of a project, you can click on the "pop-out" icon which you'll see when you hover over project/client on an existing booking. Here you can view/edit all the project details. I hope that helps :) Thanks, Percy

David S.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Resourcing consultants

Reviewed on 25/09/2019

We have a number of delivery teams spread throughout Australia, and these act in remote locations, and in overlapping areas of interest.
Resource Guru gave us quick and easy ways to see who is available, who is not, and to see teams (location or project based) and be able to plan our people.

Pros

Ready accessibility in both the field and the office without needing setup on the device.
Clear interface.
Simple filtering of team records to be able to determine resourcing constraints, etc.

Cons

On occasion, it becomes difficult to determine where work is on site or off, or whether a planned consulting visit is a firm date, or a flexible date. This could be down to how we are using it, though.

Kevin F.
  • Industry: Insurance Software

Very User Friendly Resource

Reviewed on 05/11/2019

Simple and straightforward to use

Pros

Excellent for team planning; many colleagues can be grouped according to location or role so as to facilitate easy sight of teams on projects as well as how the projects are scheduled throughout a given period of time

Cons

Nothing at this stage is irksome; all aspects are use friendly

Melissa P.

Easy to onboard and easier to use!

Reviewed on 13/08/2019

Resource Guru helps our agency see availability of resources to ensure we are allocating projects efficiently. Without it, we were running blindly and were hoping that team members would speak up when they were too busy or too idle. Now, we can see this ourselves (days in advance) and prevent talented employees from going unused.

Pros

- Color coding clients
- Being able to manually adjust hours/availability per resource
- Limiting permissions per user
- Adding in when employees are OOO
- Search feature to check skill sets and who has worked on which client before
- Saving searches so we can quickly view groupings of employees

Cons

- I wish there was a way to search bookings for key words
- It's unfortunate that this tool doesn't link up with our PM tool, Asana
- There's no 'undo' button if you accidentally click and drag a booking unknowingly

George V.

Resource Guru Overall Review

Reviewed on 12/07/2021

Overall a great app. Has certainly improved my time management abover all else. This app really enables me to keep on track of my workload and stay organised in the fast paced agency. Very useful indeed and couldnt work without it.

Pros

As an account executive for a design agency, being able to shcedule resource is a key part of my daily activites. RG is super easy to navigate and makes scheduling my work really efficient. I use it every day and it makes my work management a whole lot easier. An email first thing in the morning shows what I have scheduled for the day so I can be prepared for the days bookings. The dashboard also enables me to see what Ive got in for the day which is great. I can easily cancel, edit and add new bookings with just a couple of clicks. Using the different colour schemes also enables me to see who on my team has bookings so if i ever need to edit a booking, I kow who to speak too on my team. Overall, I would highly recommend this app too anyone as its super intuitive and no training is really needed! Perfect for anyone in client services.

Cons

Nothing to improve from my point of view. I havent used all the features off the app so no comments on ways to improve.

Simon L.

Competent Scheduling Software

Reviewed on 06/04/2021

Our team has used Resource Guru for years now and it's been very useful in helping both project management and the rest of the company know what needs to be done.

Pros

Easy to use and visually clean scheduling and time management software. Very flexible and fast to load.

Cons

It would be nice if there was an integrated way to track working hours to a database for writing invoices. It's the reason we'll sadly be switching to a different software in the future.

Response from Resource Guru

Hi Simon

Thanks for sharing your feedback :) I'm pleased to say that a dedicated timesheets feature is firmly on our roadmap for the future, but I'm afraid I can't give you an accurate release date for this just yet. We're busy working on some higher priority features right now so it's unlikely to be available soon, but I'll be sure to keep you updated as soon as there is any news on it.

In the meantime, if there's anything else I can do to help please just let me know.

Michelle

Sonia P.

• Customer Support Software

Easy to use high level planning tool

Reviewed on 24/09/2019

Resource Guru allows our company to do long-term high level planning of resource utilisation and provide a guide lead time for sales teams.

Pros

I've been using Resource Guru since 2013 and it's constantly improving which is good to see. It's easy to use and provides decent reporting.

Cons

I'd like to see public holidays auto populated according to a country of choice and ability to limit daily bookable hours just by a number (e.g. 7.5h) without setting a rigid start / end / lunch break.

Nancy E.

Resource Guru Review

Reviewed on 17/07/2019

Everyone has access to the schedule so each developer or designer not only knows what they're supposed to be working on, but what others are working on. We can schedule months into the future which helps us as we have projects that last months, not weeks.

Pros

It's easy to use. Everyone can see what's on the schedule or what they are supposed to be working on. I can see how long a project is in our production queue to ascertain when we'll be finished. I can schedule vacations so others know which resources are available on which date.

Cons

The times are sometimes not correct. It seems to think a work day is twelve hours long, instead of eight. It's hard to schedule several projects in the same day. It's easiest to assign a project for the whole day.

Response from Resource Guru

Hi Nancy - thanks for your review. I just wanted to question a couple of things you wrote in the Cons section. You said the times are sometimes not correct - I'd love it if you can send us an example so we can troubleshoot it for you - we are not aware of this happening to any of our customers.

You also said, "It seems to think a work day is twelve hours long". I'm not sure where you see this info - it would be good to assist you further with this. By default a day is 8h long, but Normal Availability is totally customisable at a resource level - this is actually a feature we have that other products we've reviewed don't.

Finally you said, "It's hard to schedule several projects in the same day". Again, this is a limitation we found in other products which is why we made it easy to create as many bookings as you liked in a day - to a very granular level eg for as little as 1 minute.

Would love to hear from you ..

Best, Percy

Ross O.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Daily Resource Guru user

Reviewed on 28/01/2021

As mentioned above, the web based ease of use and reporting functionality make Resource Guru a trusted tool for maintaining and tracking our resource based projects. Highly recommend!

Pros

My company chose Resource Guru because of the web based interface. We've stayed for the ease of use and robust reporting functionality. We are able to extract daily, monthly, and yearly (or custom) reports and easily create Excel pivot tables for internal analyzing. This feature alone is extremely beneficial to our company.

Cons

No dark theme. It's only a minor thing but would really like to see the quality of life feature added to future versions.

Russ U.
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Awesome Tool for Resource Management

Reviewed on 01/03/2021

We moved from a home-grown Excel sheet to Resource Guru and it has made a HUGE improvement in employee satisfaction, clarity of assignments, and projecting resource constraints and availability.

Pros

Easy to use! Straight-forward user interface.

Cons

I would love to see an easy way to see date/time of when an entry was placed on the schedule and who placed it there. It would be nice to have an "audit" trail of what changed, when, and by whom.

Response from Resource Guru

Hi Russ

Thanks for sharing your feedback :) We don't currently support a timesheets feature, but this is firmly on our roadmap for the future.
In the meantime you might be able to create your own DIY activity log by sending changes in your account to a spreadsheet using Zapier. You can read about using the Zapier integration here https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942116-using-the-resource-guru-zapier-app

Michelle

Pj S.
  • Industry: Industrial Automation

Clean, easy to use software with lots of room for growth

Reviewed on 25/01/2021

Overall, Resource Guru has been a welcome addition to our operational process. I have thoroughly enjoyed using the software so far and it has certainly made things easier on myself and my team. Although I have a long list of things I think the software can improve on, I hope to work with the development team to open a dialogue on these additions. I know that our application for the software may be unique, but I'm sure the developments will be appreciated by others as well.

Pros

Resource Guru is a very clean-looking software that provides an ease of use unlike I've seen in other products. No training was required to bring my team online with the software, much of it is intuitive. I appreciate the professional look and feel as well as the simplistic interface. Filtering is something that is crucial to our business, and while I love the functionality of it there is definitely room for improvement. Through implementing small workarounds we were able to bring this software online for a team of over 100 field service engineers with very short turnaround (less than three weeks of overlap between the old software and Resource Guru).

Cons

While Resource Guru provides a clean and simple software, at times I find it too simple. There are some features that are built in some places but not others. For example I have the option of custom tags for filtering Resources. I can build out a filter for region, city, desired schedule, skillets, or even favorite food if I want to. However, none of this applies to Projects. I would love to be able to filter projects by region, city, state, or custom tags like skillset and software required. It seems to me that the exact same functionality could be copied and pasted over to Projects.

There are other minor tweaks to be made, like exiting a window. Sometimes I am met with an "are you sure you want to exit" window because I'm currently editing something, but more often than not I am allowed to simply click outside the window or hit escape and all of the editing in progress is lost.

Furthermore, it would be nice to be able to input repeating holidays or events. For example, New Year's Day is always on January 1st. Why do I have to scroll forward and manually input this holiday every year? It would be great to just set it and forget it.

Another addition I would love to see is the ability to mark jobs/projects as tentative or unconfirmed. This could be in the form of a checkbox that adds a gradient to the job so it looks different than the rest. Something simple to differentiate it from confirmed projects is all I'm looking for.

Myroslav P.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Simple and very easy to use resource scheduling\tracking app.

Reviewed on 03/02/2020

Resource Guru is a great resource scheduling application for a simple use cases. It does what it promises perfectly. The UI is very friendly and pleasant - make for a great user experience. I used it to track the tasks for my team for almost a year. I would have kept using it but the company mandated a different tracking system and I had to abandon it. I like that Resource Guru'a focus on their product and customer service. I also appreciated the slow introduction of new features. Overall, very pleasant and satisfactory experience with a great application.

Pros

- Ease of use
- Very pleasant UI
- Flexibility

Cons

- Lack of features. The application does the simple scheduling\tracking perfectly though.
- Copy\paste of resource tasks was not available at the time