Google Workspace Reviews

Google Workspace

4.7 (15,335)
Collaboration app suite for teams

(15,335)
Customer Support Software
4.3/5

Enaan
Enaan

• Customer Support Software

A great business collaboration tool

Reviewed on 12/03/2022

Google Workspace has been an amazing asset to my business. The apps are user-friendly and the collaboration tools are top-notch. I love the ability to easily share files and communicate with my team members. The pricing is also very affordable. The business apps integration is also a great feature - you can easily access your email, calendar, and contacts from within the workspace. Overall, I've found Google Workspace to be a great tool for business collaboration.

Pros

Google Workspace is the most complete way to work from anywhere specifically when you have to work both from home and office. Google Workspace includes Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Docs, Google Sheets and Slides. I can use all these services from one place with a single login. It's saves a huge time.
I can work with others team mate at the same time on the same document and see their changes in real time.

Cons

It is little bit hard to configure for the first time if you are not a tech savvy guys.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

For the value of time and collaboration.

Slack

Reasons for Switching to Google Workspace

I chose Google Workspace because it is easy to use and integrates well with other Google products. It also has a good price point compared to other options.
Shrey
  • Industry: Commercial Real Estate Software

• Customer Support Software

The only workspace that totally optimizes and streamlines my remote team works efficiently.

Reviewed on 06/03/2024

Pros

The efficient communication and document sharing with my team. The team management is really efficient and help me save hours of work instead of providing them with resources individually.

Cons

The billing has some friction. Its probably a location problem but I hope they can fix this.

Michael

G Suite - The New Standard for Education

Reviewed on 05/12/2018

Google is awesome. Google Sucks. Google changes things at random, because they think they know better than you. Google's project vision often excludes we the user. They have plans for one application, so you won't get a feature in another. They intend to replace something, so you can just do without while we work on it, to later discontinue it.

But G-Suite works. It's awesome for email. It has a terrific set of applications that are becoming mainstream enough that I get less and less shouts at for it not being office. Google Drive is great, as a last bastion of storage for when someone loses their documents.

The configurations of various apps for users is awesome for most of the Google Apps (if they have been blessed to give you such settings).

Do I recommend it? Absolutely. It's a necessity in a Google Education district. Would I use it for email even If I wasn't? Yes I sure would. The rest of the options, iffy.

Pros

G Suite, a powerful collection of Googles Utilities wrapped up in a business-centric manageable cloud (for in our case, Education).

There is a large amount of customization available based upon users by OU, which can trickle down into Chromebook management, and more.

Quick alias support for name changes.
Extra Routing steps for email if you wish (route through your own filters, or a second route for internal archiving).
Enable / Disable GSuite apps based upon OU. And configurations based upon such.
Password Syncs with Active Directory (requires an install on a password management server).
User Sync with Active Directry (requires another install on a directory server).

Cons

G Suite is excellent. But G Suite does suffer some flaws.

The management interface is SLOW. I cannot underscore this enough. Antique "Active Directory Users and Computers" is like lightning compared to using the management interface.

The mangaement inferface tends to forget your log-ins mid stream, it doesn't remember where you were, and your attempted setting change wasn't set. Don't forget.

Some interfaces hide the save button (seemingly...). Other settings are saved on click (lack of consistency).
New features are often bleeding edge, but also sometimes completely excluded because "it's not for business customers"?
Restrict "Hangouts" for some users? No... you cannot, you have to use "Hangouts Chat" because that's the business client, but that doesn't integrate into email.

Samuel

• Customer Support Software

Google Workspace is the best for Education.

Reviewed on 21/12/2023

It's been great. I highly recommend Google Workspace if you're in the market for Chromebooks.

Pros

It's simple to use and simple to manage. The Organizational Units will save your lunch!

I enjoy the ability to disable lost Chromebooks so easily.

Cons

While customer support is good, it can be difficult to get in touch with someone if you need to speak to anyone.

OneDrive

Reasons for Switching to Google Workspace

We wanted to replace our MacBooks with Chromebooks and Google Workspace was the best choice that would allow us to easily manage the Chromebooks.
Keith
  • Industry: Events Services

Must be the best

Reviewed on 06/03/2024

Good interface
Easily accessible

Cons

File Size limits when storing and sharing

Med
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Use of Google workspace

Reviewed on 07/03/2024

For last 2 to 3 years Google workplace has given best result.

For last 2 to 3 years Google workplace has given best result.

Pros

We use Google workspace last 2 to 3 years.

Cons

It may not work properly any if its server goes down.

Almetrez
  • Industry: Government Administration

Business Validation

Reviewed on 29/02/2024

Pros

Timing , environment, and the tasks they organized.

Cons

Space leisure, bad timing and unrevised files.

Palitha

Google workspace

Overall experience is very encouraging and interesting

Overall experience is very encouraging and interesting

Pros

Convenience of use is the most impprtant

Cons

High memory usage distract us from the application

Tess
Tess

Google workspace Review

Reviewed on 29/02/2024

overall experience has been great. It helps me alot to be more organized with my business.

Pros

I like that you get to have so many feature in one. I have different things i can do in one place.

Cons

The usability function of some features can be a little complex for a begginner using it.

Jomon
Jomon

• Customer Support Software

So many tools available for productivity.

Reviewed on 27/02/2024

Pros

So many productive tools and so many cloud tools are also available.

Cons

Limited sources are available for the in-person certificate is available.

Krishna
  • Industry: Higher Education Software

Google Suite: The Ultimate Tool for your College Education

Reviewed on 09/09/2019

Using Google's App suite, I expected there to be a notable difference in usability between it and Microsoft Office. But I was wrong. I noticed zero difference. In fact, I use Google Suite more than Microsoft Office because of how easy it is to keep documents backed up. That alone gives me peace of mind that I won't lose any data should my local machine crash.

Pros

Normally, I use apps like Microsoft Office because of the known familiarity and ease of use. When a peer told me about Google Suite, I took a look at it, and I noticed that there are apps that are identical to Microsoft office, like word docs, spreadsheets, powerpoint presentations, etc. of course, Google names them differently. When I began working on my English paper, I was initially skeptical of how Google Docs would be since I was so used to using Microsoft Word. But when I used Google Docs, I was beyond impressed. It's literally identical to Microsoft Word, except, it's free, and it's on the cloud, and every small edit I make Google autosaves it in seconds.

Then I decided to look into the other Google Apps, like Google Slides and Google Spreadsheets. After using them, I can say that there is literally zero difference in functionality and usability between using Microsoft or Google's apps.

Cons

Admittedly, Google's app suite can be a tad slow when in use. I noticed that when I use Google Docs or Sheets. But that's to be expected for something that is literally on the cloud. Plus, on my Mac, using Google apps online can increase my CPU usage, and make my fans spin faster than they should be. But really, those are the only complaints I can really give to Google Suite. But honestly, the pros simply outweigh the cons.

Mauricio
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

• Customer Support Software

All the basic tools in one service

Reviewed on 09/01/2020

Everything you need to keep your team productive and connected in one service. This platform provides a rich and reliable data management and facilitates collaboration.

Pros

All the basic tools used by most employees are available and easy to use in G Suite. Google Drive, Corporate Gmail, Spreadsheets, Docs and Slides are all connected and Cloud Based, providing a very reliable platform for collaboration. The administration area gives very clear information about how the service is being used and even provides mobile device management

Cons

The service is very scalable and depending on the number of users it can become high monthly investment. After a year using G Suit the company might get dependent on the services as most of the daily basic tasks are done in the platform, nevertheless, this is cheaper and more reliable than using local licenses and services

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

We used to have hundreds of licences and had to administrate several servers to provide corporate level email services and to the company, it was complex and costly to mantain

Reasons for Switching to Google Workspace

G Suit provides more tools for less investment
Paul
  • Industry: Online Media

• Customer Support Software

Arguably essential for any serious small to large businesses

Reviewed on 16/07/2020

If you're a small business then it's a no brainer: one low monthly fee and you get enterprise-level email, cloud storage and collaboration tools. I use it for my own business, and I recommend it to any of the small to medium-sized businesses we work it.

Pros

- Best in class office suite (docs, sheets, slides with collaborative editing and versions)
- Collaboration and sharing is easy (from shared docs, cloud storage and video calls)
- Reliable, spam-protected, email service (gmail)
- Constant improvements: g-suite has come on in leaps and bounds in recent years ; it's only getting better
- So, so much more capability if you want to dive into everything from user-roles to managing employee devices and dedicated apps...

Cons

Sometimes Google's menus can be a bit unituitive. There's almost too much here (especially if you're a smaller organisation)! It would be nice to have a click-and-go set up process with tooltips explaining the features for those new to the service. But generally everything is well-documented.

Zoho Desk and Microsoft 365

Reasons for Switching to Google Workspace

At the time, it was the best collaborative office productivity platform. Microsoft and others have caught up, and new systems such as Slack give other options. But G-suite has been consistently reliable without sacrificing innovation, so unless something dramatic happens we'll be sticking with it for the forseeable future.
Rebecca
  • Industry: Construction Software

A very multifaceted tool

Reviewed on 22/03/2021

Our company uses G Suite for email, calendar, Google Docs & Drive, Google Voice (occasionally for sales efforts), etc. In general, it works like a well oiled machine. It is great for managing teams. Also, with my account synced across devices, it makes working from anywhere seamless.

Pros

I like the many layers of customization and the various tools available as part of G Suite (Workspace). I like that I can easily manage the accounts of all Users as admin, from resetting passwords, to creating new accounts, to terminating accounts. I like that along with email, we have the calendar, and the larger Drive Storage. I like that I can do attachments up to 25mb and that Google will convert anything over to a link. I like that searching is very easy and, as creepy as it is that Google can read text in photos, I like that it helps me to find things no matter the format it is in. I like that I can turn off Conversation view (which I hate). I like that I can customize my inbox.

Cons

I HATE that when I, as admin, delete a user account, it doesn't automatically prompt me to download an archive of their email history. I wish that when deleting an account, you could set up email forwarding for a set amount of time. I hate that when I do download an email archive, it is in a file format that I cannot find any way to open. I hate that when I create an event in the calendar, it automatically creates a Hangout link (which confuses people if the invite is for a Zoom meeting - they use the wrong link). I WISH G Suite had more integration with Google Places/Business. I have tried to talk to G Suite support about issues with our business listings, but could get no help.

Deni
Deni

• Customer Support Software

Google Workspace is your Office.

Reviewed on 10/09/2022

Incredibly, I was able to cut costs associated with operating an office system or teamwork, because Google Workspace has almost everything you need to work. Google Workspace can be integrated with various platforms and third-party applications, making it easier for me to be more efficient in working on small and large-scale projects.

Pros

Google Workspace is very easy to use and affordable for a small company like mine, but it doesn't take away the professional and sophisticated side that can help with all the work. Have various features been needed to complete work in an office without having to think about where to store, time to organize, and people to maintain technical operations. And I can work even outside the office or at home or while on vacation, can organize many people who work on one project in real time in sharing data and work.

Cons

Customization in notifications that may be less varied and detailed, so sometimes we have to open in detail what the notifications are given by Google Workspace.

• Used Daily for Free Trial

A Comprehensive Review of Google Workspace: Tools, Features, and Pricing

Reviewed on 18/12/2022

Google Workspace is designed to help businesses and organizations solve a variety of productivity and collaboration challenges. Some of the business problems that Google Workspace can help solve include:1.Communication and collaboration: Google Workspace offers tools such as Gmail, Google Drive, and Google Meet that allow teams to communicate and collaborate more effectively. This can help improve efficiency and productivity by making it easier for team members to share information, work on projects together, and stay connected.2.File storage and sharing: Google Workspace includes Google Drive, a cloud-based storage solution that allows users to store, access, and share files from any device. This can help businesses and organizations reduce the need for physical storage and make it easier for team members to access and collaborate on files from anywhere.3.Document creation and editing: Google Workspace includes tools such as Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides that allow users to create and edit documents, spreadsheets, and presentations. This can help businesses and organizations streamline their document management and make it easier for teams to work on projects together in real-time.Google Workspace provides a range of tools and features to help businesses and organizations work more efficiently and effectively. Some of the benefits include improved productivity, improved communication and collaboration and reduced reliance on physical storage.

Pros

There are several things I like about Google Workspace:1.Ease of use: Google Workspace is user-friendly and intuitive, making it easy to use and learn.2.Wide range of tools and features: Google Workspace offers a variety of tools and features for productivity, collaboration, and communication, including email, file storage and sharing, document creation and editing, and video conferencing.3.Integration with other Google tools: Google Workspace integrates with other Google tools such as Gmail, Google Drive, and Google Calendar, making it easy to work and collaborate with others.4.Accessibility: Google Workspace is available on a variety of devices, including computers, phones, and tablets, making it easy to access and use from anywhere.5.Customization: Google Workspace allows you to customize your workspace and choose the tools and features that are most important to you and your business or organization.Overall, Google Workspace is a comprehensive and convenient productivity and collaboration suite that offers a wide range of tools and features for businesses and organizations.

Cons

Like any product or service, Google Workspace has some potential disadvantages that you may want to consider before deciding whether it is the right fit for your business or organization. Here are a few potential drawbacks to keep in mind:1.Cost: While Google Workspace offers a range of pricing options, it may not be the most cost-effective solution for all businesses or organizations. Depending on your specific needs, you may be able to find cheaper alternatives that offer similar features and tools.2.Compatibility with other software: While Google Workspace integrates with a variety of other software and tools, it may not be compatible with all software and systems. This could be a disadvantage if you are using software or systems that are not compatible with Google Workspace.3.Internet connectivity: Google Workspace is a cloud-based service, which means it requires an internet connection to use. If you don't have a stable or reliable internet connection, it may be difficult to use Google Workspace effectively.4.Limited customization: While Google Workspace allows some customization, it may not offer as much flexibility or customization as some other productivity and collaboration tools. This could be a disadvantage if you have specific needs or preferences that are not supported by Google Workspace.Overall, these are a few potential disadvantages to keep in mind when considering whether Google Workspace is the right fit for your business or organization. It's impo

Krittika
Krittika
  • Industry: Design

• Customer Support Software

Highly recommended for startups and small businesses!

Reviewed on 01/08/2023

Google workspace has been instrumental in setting up my business. It has allowed me to work with people within and outside my organisation, and maintain a system of file management and basic project management. It also helps you come across as more professional.

Pros

I like the fact that it's not pricey, has excellent and non clunky UI/UX and has a minimal learning curve. I've been able to onboard team members and set up their workspaces with ease, and I do find Google sheets and docs a lot more collaborative than Microsoft Word. Overall- I'll highly recommend trying them out.

Cons

I do wish they provided some additional storage! Otherwise I've had a very smooth experience with them. I also found their customer service to be a little slow in responding.

Reasons for Switching to Google Workspace

Price was a huge factor. I also found that most of my team members and I were far more comfortable using Google and Gmail, and hence shifted to Workspace only.
Jennifer
Jennifer

Could not function without Google Workspace for my business

Reviewed on 21/08/2023

I rely very heavily on Gmail, GDrive, Chat, Meet and Google Calendar to coordinate and work with my team, whether they are in the same room or across the globe. We use Google Drive to share and collaborate on documents, Google Calendar to coordinate events, Google Meet to have face-to-face meetings with other team members, no matter where they are and Chat to communicate information quickly to one another.

Pros

Google Workspace is the cornerstone of my virtual assistant business operations. I rely very heavily on Gmail, GDrive, Chat, Meet and Google Calendar to coordinate and work with my team, whether they are in the same room or across the globe. Prior to using Google Workspace, I used Microsoft Outlook. There is absolutely NO COMPARISON between the two. Google Workspace is far more intuitive, efficient, effective and has more functionality than any other similar product on the market.

Cons

I cannot think of anything at this time.

Alexander
Alexander

Our business thrives on G Suite

Reviewed on 13/07/2019

Regardless of some relatively minor setbacks, G Suite has made it easier for us to operate all aspects of our digital marketing agency. I recommend it to any business professional.

Pros

I've always appreciated the next-gen instant-sync capabilities of Google's whole suite of apps, especially Drive and Gmail, and G Suite brings all that convenience to a business level. Not only do we get a Gmail attached to our own custom domain name (better for business purposes), but G Suite's unlimited Drive storage allows us to easily manage most of our marketing agency's operations all in one convenient place - we have our own space for business assets, and we can access vital documents wherever we go, whether it's for internal operations or client work. A real life-saver!

It's also insane, the value for money Google provides in terms of business web apps & services for every need.

The best part? The customer support is excellent. We get an instant support hotline with Google and can get our questions answered whenever we want. The rules surrounding a G Suite account upgrade were a bit confusing, but a quick phone conversation cleared up everything and we were up & running with our upgraded plan within a half-hour.

Cons

1. G Suite has so many different features, it can be confusing to navigate the way through what exactly is what, and some of the help docs aren't the most transparent about how to use certain features. With that being said, their great support team is at our service to clear the confusion around anything.

2. Google has had a few Google Cloud downtimes over the past half-year, each causing G Suite & Google Drive services to stop fully working for a few consecutive hours - along with numerous other websites that rely on Google (including Vimeo and CloudFlare). Since our entire business thrives on G Suite and Google Cloud-based apps, this critically affected our ability to perform work as usual. Naturally Google is one of the biggest tech companies in the world and they maintain world-class standards for the reliability of their servers, but they've had an increasing number of downtimes, so prepare for the unexpected and be sure to have a copy of your work elsewhere for when you can't use it. I recommend installing the Google Backup & Sync desktop app to keep hard copies of your Drive files on your computer. It's not that the files get lost, it's that the downtimes have prevented us from accessing some of them.

It happens with everybody. Amazon's servers got overloaded on Prime Day. Facebook and its related apps (Instagram, Messenger & WhatsApp) have had several downtimes this year too.

Downtimes can be a big con, but they do happen so you have to be ready for them.

Jesse

• Customer Support Software

Powerful tool for collaboration - and for nonprofits it is free!

Reviewed on 10/10/2019

G Suite has allowed better real-time communication, company branded emails, and provided lots of integrated software tools that are easy to use, share, and adapt for various projects. The ability to share and edit documents among a large group and in real time has greatly reduced administrative time in managing group projects (e.g. minutes can be taken during a meeting with several people entering information and then instantly shared with all).

Pros

I began using G Suite many years ago as the Director of a small foundation. Since we were a 501c3 we got it for free!! Now that I'm in the private sector - I still appreciate knowing that Google supports non-profits in this way. Bonus points! Anyway - back to the product. G Suite allowed me to set up unique email addresses that used our website url ending (rather than gmail) for our staff, board members, or special projects. We were able to create surveys, forms, and other documents and then set the access and privacy as needed for each item. This was a huge game changer for me as an administrator. No more getting 12 various emails and attachments with feedback on a document. All of us can make notes, suggest changes, etc. in real time.

Cons

Occasionally I have run into limitations on my ability to do things that are easily accomplished with Microsoft desktop applications or other software providers - like formatting documents, creating word limits in surveys, etc. I've also been unable to access cloud based items on a couple of occasions due to G Suite errors. These were quickly resolved but still inconvenient in those moments.

Michael
  • Industry: Publishing

There isn't a lot not to love about G Suite

Reviewed on 25/11/2019

With Google being the giant that it is, I'm honestly not sure where to go if I do need support of any kind for G Suite. It's not like Google has a main switchboard that you can all in to and "press 1 for technical support." Perhaps they do and I don't know it. But thankfully, it's very very rare that I need support beyond what can be found online. I wouldn't hesitate to deploy G Suite with any of the companies I oversee.

Pros

When I came in to a new company, I inherited "Google Apps" as our platform. I had been accustomed to the Exchange Server world for email, Sharepoint for files, and was neck-deep in the Microsoft ecosystem in my past experience. When coming in to Google Apps (later rebranded as G Suite), I was a bit uneasy but the unfamiliarity was quickly overcome by the ease of use of Google's tools.

One of the things I appreciate most about G Suite is that you never have to worry about the integrity of your data. You know your server's hard drive is never going to crash and bring you down for days at a time. You know you're not going to have to deal with lengthy outages because one upstream provider has gone down. Google is just reliable. It's rock solid, and it just works.

Cons

I think the #1 issue I don't like about G Suite is Gmail's "labels" paradigm. Yes, they offer IMAP, which allows you to mostly adhere to the "folders" model, but "labels" are not exactly the same and understanding the differences can be confusing at first. Also, I prefer to work through an email client rather than through web mail. There are a few programs out there that handle the "labels" implementation well, but many do not, so your choices for email clients become limited. Other than that, I really can't complain about the tools that G Suite offers, nor the price. It's affordable and reliable.

Carlos Henrique
Carlos Henrique

• Customer Support Software

All your working needs in one place and shareable with everyone in your Company.

Reviewed on 01/11/2020

Since my first day the use of this software was a must!
Besides my personal use, which gave me...

Since my first day the use of this software was a must!
Besides my personal use, which gave me familiarity with the tools, I'm wasn't accustomed to use with a team. In the end it was easier than I've thought!
With Sheets we could maintain everything updated to our clients and Slides was the major tool to our Chief Officers presentations. Even Engineering and Product Team improved the knowledge of new resources to our collaborators. All of this because of the easiness and speed to make a presentation or sheets.
Our Intranet is hosted on Sites and we can access everything in a few steps, with a beautiful design.
Any company documentation is on Docs, all of it hosted on the company Drive, making it a center of information and storage to these shareable information. Access limitations are on the way so anyone can see only what matters and, if needed, you could have access granted easily.
In these difficult times that we're living now, Meet is our only team meeting tool, whether for general meetings or with separated teams, one-to-one meetings are being held this way too. The call quality (even if we have 40 people simultaneously) is incredible. The chat features during the meeting and the possibility to mute someone make Meet an extraordinary tool in this compilation that is practically complete for your daily work.

Pros

Ease of use, almost everything is intuitive.
Customizable content on your mailbox (tags, folders, mail rules, models and more).
All tools you may need (Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Calendar, Meet) and they're easily shareable, extremely necessary in times like these were almost everyone is working from home.
Marketplace has extensions for almost every need or tools you use.

Cons

It should have clearer, more specific and easier to find documentation. Sometimes you may think that some resource don't exist, but, it was there all the time.
Most models should fit everyone, however, sometimes you'll need to customize from an existent model to make something more specific.

John
John

• Customer Support Software

G Suite has managed our business systems for years and revolutionised how we work.

Reviewed on 05/04/2018

It centralised all of our business productivity needs. As a tool for small businesses it is immensely powerful and has the reliability to be your go to business tool.

Switching from traditional networking may be jarring, but the collaborative benefits make it worthwhile.

Getting the core productivity tools along with extras such as Google Meet for video chat and screen sharing, Google Chat for team based conversations and planning (think Slack), Calendar, Forms and a rich admin interface that let's you control and customise a great number of options for the service makes it huge value for money. You're also supported by knowledgeable Google staff if you need support with administering the system thanks to the included phone, chat and email support.

Pros

G Suite comes with a raft of tools. The basics are the office productivity software with Docs, Sheets, Slides and GMail.

The office-esque document tools are more than just basic online editor. They are competent and functional tools that would accommodate 90% of your work. The main power of Google Docs is the collaborative tools. You can edit a document live with other members of your team and see the changes instantly. If anyone has come from network-based sharing, it's a game-changer for distributed teams and ensuring that versions are not overridden.

GMail is much like the free version that you may be accustomed to. It has all of the filters and label functionality that you need to manage your inbox reliably. If you are desperate to use it in other email clients, there is IMAP connectivity and a connector for Outlook. I try and steer my colleagues away from these but the option is there for even difficult users.

Drive is a sophisticated web interface for storing all of your Google documents. Any Google documents take zero space. Other files, such as Microsoft Office documents and PDFs take up additional room as these are "real" files. Using the Google File Stream tool on your PC makes it appear as a new hard drive on your computer. You can access files on the fly from Explorer without having to download all of the files onto your drive. A neat feature of Drive is that you can store files in more than one location, a la Linux file links.

Cons

As Google have expanded G Suite to include many more tools, some services seem to fall behind. The todo / tasks tool feels like it was put together decades ago and hasn't seen any improvements.

Also, there is a learning curve. The language in GMail and Drive is different from standard mail clients and computer desktops. People need to be trained to use something that is, in principal, something that is almost the same but not quite.

Some newer features of G Suite are also paywalled. There are now three tiers of pricing for G Suite - you should check over all of the products and see which one meets your needs and if it's enough for you. Google Meet, for example, is the new version of Hangouts. I'd hoped to use this to replace Go To Meeting but some basic features are only available in the Enterprise version, making the cost exceed the product I hoped to replace.

Finally, you may be looking at Office 365 as a competitor. It's worth noting that Office 365 includes the desktop versions of Office. If this is something you need, the web-only versions of Google's tools may not be enough for you.

GERSON
  • Industry: Legal Services

Google Workspace's role in an Immigration Law Firm

Reviewed on 25/12/2023

I can't deny it's my every day service from how useful it is. Although we use from time to time other software services, some similar to Workspace and others that not, they'll never become as recurrent as Google Workspace is. Easy to use, easy to collaborate, secure in some ways, a huge variety of apps (from document editing to mail) only results in an overall fantastic experience.

Pros

Collaboration and real time data. If you ever succeed at making those 2 elements work fine together you will have the preferred tool for almost any company. And that's actually something Google Workspace did. In our Law Firm we do have people all around the building, some at home and at the same time; Urgent and Priority Legal Cases from people that depend on us. Since collaboration is really easy and real time data is one of the most accurate things in Workspace (for real, no need of even refreshing is necessary) we can actually focus on getting all hands on deck when something urgent pops up instead of getting worried if the software will work or not. In our Law Firm we're constantly dealing with USCIS deadlines that require people to be connected and Workspace never lets anyone down in this topic. No matter where they're, in our headquarters in El Paso, DC, or even Mexico City, editing and working a Declaration on Docs or visualizing performance KPIs on sheets, at the same with a huge team is already solved.

Cons

What we like the least about Google Workspace is that, although you can create Folders on Drive, doing the same in Docs, Sheets or Slides is not possible. We're aware that Drive is actually where everything is saved, but in the apps themselves you have to open Drive or open another tab in the app to see Drive folders. it would be amazing that as soon as you open the app, there were the folders and not all of the documents around. More document organization tools would be amazing. Something else Workspace could improve is its tool capabilities themselves. Sometimes doing whatever you need for a chart is hard, documents customization can be to a moment an issue. We're aware is an online tool but it has in some way stuck in there and we haven't noticed any game changer updated in this topic since some time ago already

Ava
Ava
  • Industry: Wireless

• Customer Support Software

Perfect set of tools to simplify your workflow and increase productivity.

Reviewed on 20/04/2022

Using Google Workspace has allowed great benefits, one of the main ones being increased productivity, because being able to access different tools from a single place helps to simplify the workflow, thanks to the fact that it is possible to have stable communication and enjoyable, that is, being able to make videoconferences allows explaining ideas or project development much easier, being able to share files quickly and even edit them at the same time is a time saver and the meaning of moving fast, since it counts with the advantage of different people working on the same document and this without any concern of leaking information or data because the administrator can decide who to grant access to.

Pros

I like this set of Google tools because it is an effective and easy way to quickly access my work and share it with my clients or colleagues, whether it is to collaborate or simply to share files that are useful. For example, if you are working on the planning of a project through a document, all the members of the project can contribute ideas or modify them, making said action be carried out by all, that is, we can all work on the same document and a once finished, share it quickly or simply upload it to Google Drive in case of any inconvenience to be able to recover it quickly. Google Workspace runs in the cloud, which saves us time and not having to worry about having to save every change made to a document, because they are saved in real time. Its use is simple, so any user can quickly adapt to handling each of the tools, since it provides a very simplified user experience. Most of the tools offered have been used by practically everyone, such as Gmail to write emails, Drive used to store documents that, being in the cloud, facilitate our online workflow, Meet is widely used for conversations with work team members and facilitates understanding regardless of the location of each one. In general, it helps us to simplify the work because it makes possible a more pleasant communication as well as being able to collaborate directly on projects and share documents, giving us the priority of deciding who can access them, which also keeps the security of the information.

Cons

It is not easy to talk about some aspect that I do not like about this series of tools, but I have observed that its price can be somewhat high, in addition to being a set of tools based on the cloud, it requires a good connection to the Internet or for the on the contrary, having a Chrome extension to be able to access offline and make the respective configurations for its use, this can take time and knowledge, so in case of any doubt, accessing the support team is the best solution.