Google Workspace

4.7 (14,347)
Collaboration app suite for teams

(14,347)
Customer Support Software
4.3/5

Rafael
  • Industry: Photography

Great productivity service

Reviewed on 08/12/2022

Pros

Google Workspaceis a great platform. In the last year Google did a great work on integrating the platform better into recent Mac OS Systems.

Cons

The online UI could be better but it's a minor problem at all.

Dropbox Business
Shanker
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

• Customer Support Software

Best Digital workplace tool for end user

Reviewed on 26/11/2022

Excellent. Using this product since 5 years now

Pros

Easy of use, saas based application, light weight application, user friendly dashboard, spaces, chat, email options are very good. Gmeet is best in the world.

Cons

Expensive subscription. Google documents can be improved to have more features which we have in word, excel, powerpoint. There are frequent sync issues with Microsoft outlook

Zoho Docs and Microsoft 365

Reasons for Switching to Google Workspace

Product was Meeting the business requirements. We were using on Prem email services earlier and management was tough.
  • Industry: Accounting Software

Workspace

Reviewed on 12/12/2022

Pros

Easy to work on it and more Flixable than other programes

Cons

No feature is missing from this program

john

• Customer Support Software

Google Workspace - the original and still the best 'business productivity suite'.

Reviewed on 22/09/2022

I've run my business using these tools for the past 10 years. I wouldn't dream of using anything else.

Pros

I've been using it since approx 2012. It was great then and it's a million times better now. I love the fact that 'all' of my biz productivity tools are all in one place, and all from one provider.

Cons

Bizarrely, my only criticsm of Google Workspace is the fact that it doesn't do more e.g.) CRM / Order Management / Payment gateways. So, no real negatives.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

Google Workspace is just better, easier, and cheaper.

OneDrive

Reasons for Switching to Google Workspace

Google was first to market and I've been using them for ages. Other products feel like they are still behind Google in terms of usability.
Manuel
  • Industry: Consumer Services

• Customer Support Software

Google Workspace is perfect!

Reviewed on 12/12/2022

The experience with Google Workspace is worderful and I feel 100% reccomend it.

Pros

Mail management is very important for our organization and it's great.Webmail is very easy to use and it's fast.

Cons

Integration with Microsoft Outlook is fine, but it could be imporeved - it occasionally crashes GWSMO and you have to reinitialize the Outlook profile all over again.

Reasons for Switching to Google Workspace

Google Workspace was cheaper than the other products and it gave the impression of better global management
Corey

Google Workspace better than 365

Reviewed on 08/12/2022

Great until they started charging us as we were beta testers and enjoyed the basics for many years...but Google went for a money grab!

Pros

All web based is the future and the interface is better than anything Microsoft keeps trying to implement

Cons

Ms office users struggled with web interface

Alexandra
  • Industry: Motion Pictures & Film

Love Google Workspace

Reviewed on 07/12/2022

I found features I didn't think would be possible, such as sharing a PDF with multiple people with the ability to leave notes on the PDF. Google Workspace is amazing. My overall experience is 5 stars.

Pros

Ease of use and organization. It is so easy to share files with collaborators, as well as to set up meetings and work together from different parts of the world. Additionally, I can organize my files into neat folders.

Cons

I am still trying to figure out the offline usage of the software for airplanes rides.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

Sharing is so much easier!

Reasons for Switching to Google Workspace

Sharing is so easy with Google Workspace, and everyone can have access for free for a few gigs of storage.
Hannah
  • Industry: Sports

Google Workspace Review

Reviewed on 16/12/2022

It's been great and I've loved the switch to workspace

Pros

How easy it is to use and and share files, events, and other things

Cons

the calendar can be a bit confusing. wish there was more you could to to personalize it

Debojyoti
  • Industry: Telecommunications

My experience using Google workspace

Reviewed on 11/12/2022

Pros

It's ease of use, ease of conducting meetings, screen sharing and video on and off and mute on and off are very helpful

Cons

While using on phone meet gets disconnected completely when a phone call is being attended. The meeting should be held instead.

MariAnne

• Customer Support Software

Google Workspace is worth the money

Reviewed on 09/12/2022

Overall, I am relatively pleased with the products and cost

Pros

The transition was easy, daily use is easy, cost is low, good video/calls

Cons

The emails cannot be sorted by sender; this is a huge negative for me and makes email management a burden

Microsoft Outlook

lack of data storage

cost
Marisa
  • Industry: Management Consulting

One of the Best File Storage Systems for Teams

Reviewed on 17/02/2020

We were having a huge problem with document version control, not knowing where things were (which also related to version control) and it was costing us valuable time and productivity.

Now that we have G Suite, that isn't a problem anymore. We just might have to tell someone where a folder is now and then but usually we have it set up pretty intuitively. Plus, because of things like Google Docs and Sheets, we can collaborate on documents that are saved inside of our Team Drive. It makes things so easy!

We knew that this product would help us when we decided to purchase it but I'm not sure we realized just how much.

Pros

I love that everything is in 1 place. Our team no longer has to try to figure out who has what file because we know to just put it on the Team Drive. It's also nice because we can share files out to people who aren't in our team which makes things like website downloads really nice because if we need to update it, we just update the current file and don't have to change the link.

It has really helped our team be more productive and save time because we're not searching for files like we used to with SugarSync. (Plus trying to remember to share folders with everyone.)

I also love that everything is streamed to my computer (unless I have specifically selected to have offline access to something). That way, if I'm working on things where I don't need access to Team Drive, I can just close it. Doesn't take up any extra space on my machine.

Cons

One feature I wish we had although I do kind of understand why it's not available would be the ability to share folders within a Team Drive. Sometimes I feel like it would be easier to share a folder with a client to give them access to everything that they need but for now we either have to individually give access to every file or copy it to our My Drive and issue access that way.

Dropbox Business

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

We were having problems of people not knowing where things were, folders wouldn't always sync properly, some people didn't have access to folders and wouldn't realize it, version control, etc. All in all, it was costing a lot of time. And the price wasn't worth it for that headache.

SugarSync

Reasons for Switching to Google Workspace

For the money and the features at the time that we were looking, G Suite worked better for us. I believe it was the only one with unlimited data storage at the time.
CLARK
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

G Suite in the Classroom

Reviewed on 24/09/2019

Overall, I would highly recommend G Suite in a classroom or any compay really. The storage online is excellent, and best of all, if you create a file in G Suite, it does not count against your storage space. Although with school accounts Google gives everyone unlimited storage.
I use G Suite every single day, and some days it can be frustrating, but most of the time it works extremely well.

Pros

As a teacher, I love using the Google Suite in my classroom. I have all of my work on there and I can easily create, edit, share, and display my work from any location. I can work on something on my classroom desktop, but then open the same file on my laptop when I am in a meeting. I can also access my work on my home computer and on my mobile devices as well.
Creating SlideShows, Spreadsheets, Docs, etc is easy. Sharing those with others is easy too. As teachers, we love to share our work and collaborate together. G Suite makes it very user-friendly.
Google does not charge us our our students to have an account, so I recommend this product over expensive software.

Cons

G Suite does lack some of the more advanced features that you would find on Microsoft or other products. It is a "watered-down" version of the traditional products out there.
Although Google is working hard to fix them, I have found a lot of "bugs" in the system that can make it frustrating for me and my students to work.
As a school district, if the student or teacher leaves the district (on graduation for example) then the student will lose all of their work unless they share their work with their personal gmail account.

Bryan

• Customer Support Software

Best option for a school or non-profit to share and collaborate in an office environment

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

Gsuite has a minimal cost for us, and it allows us to collaborate within our organization and with all of our customers as well.

Pros

Our organization wouldn't be the same without a tool like Gsuite. Most school districts use Gsuite because it is a free service. We can share and collaborate on just about any kind of document. 90% of our employees do most of their daily job within Gsuite. GSuite also connects to hundreds of 3rd party apps and it can be used as your centralized user database.

Cons

Enterprise security measures are not a top priority. Google is constantly improving this concern, but I believe Microsoft addresses these concerns better than Google.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

All web based solution, and it is updated constantly to add new features.

Reasons for Switching to Google Workspace

Gsuite is a free product for schools.
Philip

Good Business Collaboration Platform

Reviewed on 12/08/2022

Good collaboration suite, we were able to get it online quickly. Most features we needed were available out of the box with minimal setup time. Since most of all users had used gmail before it took minimal training/hand holding to get things going.

Pros

Google has built a powerful and easy to use business collaboration platform. Almost everybody has used gmail at some point so it’s easy to get used up and running quickly. Platform handles most of our collaboration needs out of the box with minimal setup time.

Cons

Email and file management are its strong points. Real time chat and messaging feels like more of any afterthought. They’ve got a long way to go to catch up with teams or slack on that front.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

Wanted to move email into the cloud

Reasons for Switching to Google Workspace

Had more users who had already used gmail, it was also a little cheaper
Joshin

All In One Solutions

Reviewed on 21/04/2022

Pros

They have all products which we need for our day-to-day business: email, online drive, calendar, google sheet, google meet.

Cons

I really wish they could have developed an app or software for PC to open google documents that are downloaded. Also, to add an option to import other fonts that are not available on google.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

We used the HostGator email service, but due to server issues, we were not able to receive the emails on time. So we switched to custom Gmail accounts. We also subscribed eFileCabinet to store our documents, but their interface and document sharing options were not appreciated by our collaborators, so we discontinued their service and selected google drive.

HostGator and eFileCabinet

Reasons for Switching to Google Workspace

Our collaborators and agents use Gmail-based accounts, so we can confidently share the documents via google drive and faster than one drive when we open a file. Google Sheets can be accessed by anyone, no purchase is necessary by the recipient.
Ryan

G Suite is the gold standard in productivity applications

Reviewed on 01/10/2019

G Suite makes it easily to collaborate not only within your own organization, but also with other organizations on every area from email to processing spreadsheets. It's a must-have in my opinion. As a Gmail user since its early days, I completely trust Google and have faith in what they do (from a non-political side, but I understand that's part of their marketing strategy)

Pros

- Integrated with most of the web
- Has document/office features, easily accessible through nearly any internet browser
- Gmail (email) is closely tied in with everything
- OAuth2 / SSO makes signing up for websites that you wouldn't otherwise care to take time on a breeze
- Google Voice is awesome
- Security is unmatched by any other company

Cons

- Google sometimes has questionable motives
- Their betas are sometimes forced
- Sometimes they drag their feet on important feature releases after announcement, but regardless they always meet their promises. This actually shows great QA and project management which is more of a pro than a con

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

Great feedback from others using the service (note that this references only AOL Mail vs Gmail from the switch I made years ago, not all of G Suite products)

Reasons for Switching to Google Workspace

Office 365 had a terrible interface, was slow and hard to use. They also didn't have their authentication system quite figured out, making logging in a pain if you were tasked with using an organization email address that was on their platform. On the other end, G Suite nailed all those things and more.
John

• Customer Support Software

G Suite has managed our business systems for years and revolutionised how we work.

Reviewed on 05/04/2018

It centralised all of our business productivity needs. As a tool for small businesses it is immensely powerful and has the reliability to be your go to business tool.

Switching from traditional networking may be jarring, but the collaborative benefits make it worthwhile.

Getting the core productivity tools along with extras such as Google Meet for video chat and screen sharing, Google Chat for team based conversations and planning (think Slack), Calendar, Forms and a rich admin interface that let's you control and customise a great number of options for the service makes it huge value for money. You're also supported by knowledgeable Google staff if you need support with administering the system thanks to the included phone, chat and email support.

Pros

G Suite comes with a raft of tools. The basics are the office productivity software with Docs, Sheets, Slides and GMail.

The office-esque document tools are more than just basic online editor. They are competent and functional tools that would accommodate 90% of your work. The main power of Google Docs is the collaborative tools. You can edit a document live with other members of your team and see the changes instantly. If anyone has come from network-based sharing, it's a game-changer for distributed teams and ensuring that versions are not overridden.

GMail is much like the free version that you may be accustomed to. It has all of the filters and label functionality that you need to manage your inbox reliably. If you are desperate to use it in other email clients, there is IMAP connectivity and a connector for Outlook. I try and steer my colleagues away from these but the option is there for even difficult users.

Drive is a sophisticated web interface for storing all of your Google documents. Any Google documents take zero space. Other files, such as Microsoft Office documents and PDFs take up additional room as these are "real" files. Using the Google File Stream tool on your PC makes it appear as a new hard drive on your computer. You can access files on the fly from Explorer without having to download all of the files onto your drive. A neat feature of Drive is that you can store files in more than one location, a la Linux file links.

Cons

As Google have expanded G Suite to include many more tools, some services seem to fall behind. The todo / tasks tool feels like it was put together decades ago and hasn't seen any improvements.

Also, there is a learning curve. The language in GMail and Drive is different from standard mail clients and computer desktops. People need to be trained to use something that is, in principal, something that is almost the same but not quite.

Some newer features of G Suite are also paywalled. There are now three tiers of pricing for G Suite - you should check over all of the products and see which one meets your needs and if it's enough for you. Google Meet, for example, is the new version of Hangouts. I'd hoped to use this to replace Go To Meeting but some basic features are only available in the Enterprise version, making the cost exceed the product I hoped to replace.

Finally, you may be looking at Office 365 as a competitor. It's worth noting that Office 365 includes the desktop versions of Office. If this is something you need, the web-only versions of Google's tools may not be enough for you.

Thomas

The hidden face of G Suite

Reviewed on 19/03/2019

Overall we are saving such much time with all the collaboration options that we use it for all of our companies. On top of having the peace of mind that everything is secured and always running.

Pros

Yes, I love having all the required basic tools to run my business like emails, calendar, drive storage, docs and everything else. I could talk about all the obvious features everyone knows about G Suite but for me the value of G Suite for business goes beyond that.

Considering that running a business in 2019 almost always guaranteed that you will need to have an online presence of some sort, being on G Suite simplify a lot of the processes and required tools access needed to run your business online. Let me explain.

When running or starting a business, you need Google My Business Google Analytics, Google Webmaster, Google Ads, YouTube, Google Trends and on and on. Being on G Suite allows you to centralize all of those assets and access under your company to avoid having personal emails owning your assets which can bring issues when trying to linked them all. It also simplify how you manage your employees access to all those assets and platforms.

I could even add that there are so many platforms outside of Google cco-system uses Google Single Sign-in option that being on G Suite again simplify the account sign process.

Finally the ability to control and protect your company data using G Suite management platform is just awesome, sometime a bit of advanced knowledge is required but nothing that can't be understood in Google's the support section.

Cons

Not that much, it's easy to setup , however, it can get a bit complicated for new users to setup advanced features. But again the support section is very detailed.

Jessica

Amazing Product

Reviewed on 24/03/2022

Pros

Google Workspace is a phenomenal office suite programming that permits clients to work from a distance from anyplace. Google Workspace is a heap of any remaining applications by Google in a solitary stage that permits fast access, simple correspondence, and great gathering work highlights. One of the essential champions of Google Workspace is Gmail, which gives the best email administration today. Gmail is speedy, guaranteeing that your messages are shipped off the assigned individuals right away. The security in Gmail is first rate with advance notice messages shipped off your substitute email or telephone number assuming there's any effort to sign into your record on an alternate PC, telephone, or IP address. Gmail gives a simple format to compose messages on and accompanies worked in autocorrect, autocomplete, and word ideas to assist you with outlining your sentences for messages, formal and casual. Like any email administration, you can append records to your message, yet Gmail permits simple means to sidestep as far as possible because of its association with Google Drive. Assuming your record connection surpasses as far as possible, Gmail will naturally transfer your document to your Google Drive and remember the URL of the record for its place for the beneficiary to get to it.

Gmail accompanies fast admittance to Hangouts in the sidebar, utilizing which you can have virtual video meetings with your contacts or group. You can have one-on-one talks and calls or welcome

Cons

I despise nothing about Google Workspace or Gmail. In any case, I wish it was free so that it'd be more open to a more extensive client base. OpenOffice, in correlation, is free and open-source with incredible elements that Google Workspace can adjust.

Ava
  • Industry: Wireless

• Customer Support Software

Perfect set of tools to simplify your workflow and increase productivity.

Reviewed on 20/04/2022

Using Google Workspace has allowed great benefits, one of the main ones being increased productivity, because being able to access different tools from a single place helps to simplify the workflow, thanks to the fact that it is possible to have stable communication and enjoyable, that is, being able to make videoconferences allows explaining ideas or project development much easier, being able to share files quickly and even edit them at the same time is a time saver and the meaning of moving fast, since it counts with the advantage of different people working on the same document and this without any concern of leaking information or data because the administrator can decide who to grant access to.

Pros

I like this set of Google tools because it is an effective and easy way to quickly access my work and share it with my clients or colleagues, whether it is to collaborate or simply to share files that are useful. For example, if you are working on the planning of a project through a document, all the members of the project can contribute ideas or modify them, making said action be carried out by all, that is, we can all work on the same document and a once finished, share it quickly or simply upload it to Google Drive in case of any inconvenience to be able to recover it quickly. Google Workspace runs in the cloud, which saves us time and not having to worry about having to save every change made to a document, because they are saved in real time. Its use is simple, so any user can quickly adapt to handling each of the tools, since it provides a very simplified user experience. Most of the tools offered have been used by practically everyone, such as Gmail to write emails, Drive used to store documents that, being in the cloud, facilitate our online workflow, Meet is widely used for conversations with work team members and facilitates understanding regardless of the location of each one. In general, it helps us to simplify the work because it makes possible a more pleasant communication as well as being able to collaborate directly on projects and share documents, giving us the priority of deciding who can access them, which also keeps the security of the information.

Cons

It is not easy to talk about some aspect that I do not like about this series of tools, but I have observed that its price can be somewhat high, in addition to being a set of tools based on the cloud, it requires a good connection to the Internet or for the on the contrary, having a Chrome extension to be able to access offline and make the respective configurations for its use, this can take time and knowledge, so in case of any doubt, accessing the support team is the best solution.

Rob

Doesn't get easier

Reviewed on 27/05/2019

For all the minor complaints above, G Suite was always my first pick for web-based productivity. It makes it easy to stay organized, look professional, and collaborate with my small team so that every moment we spend working counts. I would recommend it to just about anybody.

Pros

In my circles, Gmail is the default email client, so opting for G Suite as the system to run a digital marketing business just made sense. It's a near-perfect solution for email, collaborating on documents, cloud storage, and scheduling, with what I'll call the most user-friendly layout of the typical options. I know that by choosing G Suite, I won't have to worry about a lengthy on-boarding process, and that's a big benefit given how little time I have as an entrepreneur to devote to tedium.

Cons

Little things missing from G Suite make it a near-perfect solution rather than a perfect one. I like that Dropbox can be used as a server. I like that Office 365 includes access to Desktop applications that, frankly, are more capable than what Google offers (though Google's offerings are perfectly fine the majority of the time). Other things, like the half-baked Google Meet, are puzzling for their inclusion and lack of visibility in the suite. I'd wager most users have no idea it's an option, and that might be for the best, as it's not a great choice for hosting conference calls. Hangouts Chat, meanwhile, has gotten plenty of exposure, but lacks basic features like proper integration with regular Hangouts, Group Chat, and other things that users need. Essentially, try to get outside of the basics, and G Suite will let you down.

Mark

• Customer Support Software

Great suite of apps for creatives and any company looking to create documents collaboratively

Reviewed on 14/06/2018

Pros

gMail is a great lightweight e-mail app, that goes without saying. As a content writer, I also love the ability to share Docs, Sheets, and Slides with customers, and have the ability to work on them at the same time through the Chrome browser. I use Google Drive extensively, and the storage space they offer for my subscription price is great value. So much so that I don't even know how much I have, because I never worry about running out of storage.

I've only had to connect with the G Suite support team a couple of times, and they were quite knowledgeable and efficient as far as follow up. The G Suite Marketplace is also great, offering several free add-ons or affordable plug-ins to apps for CRM, word counters, WordPress, and other productivity apps. I've used G Suite and Office 365 simultaneously, and both suites offer great value for desktop or browser-based productivity. I will be continuing to use G Suite for the foreseeable future. I would recommend other small businesses, creatives or even large businesses do so that prefer browser-based applications on Chrome, Firefox or other popular browsers. If your companies run multiple iOS, Android, Windows, and Linux devices, it seems the ideal solution for communication, document creation, and file management.

Cons

As a writer, I use Grammarly quite a bit. Unfortunately, G Suite and Grammarly aren't currently compatible. Apparently, that is in the Grammarly roadmap, but it's uncertain when it will be available. I can't really think of any other cons, other than Google Sites is a little clunky, but since I'm not really a web designer and I use WordPress, I don't really worry about it. It would be great to have the option to host a WordPress site instead of using the Google Sites "CMS" I suppose.

• Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Best Cloud Eco-System Available

Reviewed on 01/05/2017

Pros

Unless you're an Apple user (which, as a recovering Apple fan, puts a lot of roadblocks in the way of your computing experience), you have two choices for an integrated cloud suite - Google or Microsoft. While the latter caters to larger businesses, and has a comprehensive if dizzying collection of tools available, my experience on that platform was terrible from a small business owner's perspective. My brief experience with Office 365 convinced me to return to G-Suite (formerly Google Apps), which I recommend wholeheartedly.

It is an easy, very fast, totally extensible system with good (not always the clearest) support. And everyone plugs into it. Gmail vs. Outlook: I was an Outlook holdout for many years, but then realized that a little bit of training and time acclimated me to Gmail's interface. I continue to use Office programs, but occasionally use the Google Docs, Sheets etc. - which are handy for collaboration. I started using Google Apps in 2011 as a sync backup solution when I lost data in a HD crash. Since then, I put all my docs into the G-Drive folder on my laptop, and have never lost a document since. I upgraded to 1 TB of storage, so absolutely everything is in the cloud, and syncs to my system.

Cons

As mentioned above, their support and documentation can be a bit opaque, but they are available on the phone if you really need to talk to someone. Microsoft's cloud initiative has been good because it has forced Google to be more responsive to customers. Otherwise, I have no complaints. One piece of advice: make sure to use the two-step authentication on all of your Google accounts (-Gsuite, Play, Wallet etc.) to avoid getting hacked. Google won't hesitate to blame you and charge you for anything on your account, even if you can prove that it wasn't your charge.

• Industry: Investment Management Software

• Customer Support Software

The best workspace on the market

Reviewed on 19/04/2022

It is worth it. Technical feedback I can give several. But I believe that what will help the most here is knowing that you have a client here with peace of mind. It works!

Pros

There are many points in favor. The familiarity. The ease of configuration. The ease of operation. The benefits that the integration of so many crucial services in just one environment brings. The customer service. The fair values (although after the change in plans they made, if I'm not mistaken in 2018, they put features like full control of Android phones only on the most expensive plan, something we don't need. This also goes to a negative point , they could have a pricing format with greater simplicity of on-demand.) Anyway, I know that there are some other companies with similar packages, like Zoho. But stick with the state of the art. Choose Google and complete with ClickUp for example.

Cons

They're not perfect, but oddly enough it's difficult to find cons. Something I mentioned in the positive points that is also negative: they put features like full control of Android phones only on the most expensive plan, something we don't need. Only the cell phone control. They could have a pricing format with greater simplicity of on-demand.
And the onboarding process (which they don't actually have) but at least an initial guide to help in the general understanding of the tool. You need to be a very light user to have great difficulties. But in order to intelligently connect the dots of the entire implementation, initial knowledge is necessary so that we do not under-use the tool or have rework.

G Suite Does the Most

Reviewed on 03/10/2019

This product is essential to the workplace, and there isn't an alternative that provides all the products, services, and features included in G Suite. It provided a cost savings by allowing us to cancel subscriptions to other services that are included in our G Suite subscription. Overall, it's a must have for any office.

Pros

G Suite encompasses our email, file storage, backups, spreadsheets, documents, forms, collaboration projects, and much more, all in one place with one login that I can access from anywhere with a computer, tablet, or from my phone. I can't imagine having multiple vendors to provide all the services we get with G Suite. The ability to work with multiple people, both inside and outside our organization, to update the same spreadsheet or document in real time is extremely beneficial. I can also save files to my Google Drive directly from my computer, without having to log in and upload them. If a person leaves the company, we retain all their data, should it be needed. Also, when an employee leaves, he or she can migrate a copy of all their files and emails to a personal account if they wish, but no longer have access to the company account and the company copy of all their data.

Cons

Customer service mostly consists of reading support docs, forums, and articles. You can't call a person for assistance if you don't know how to do something.