Booker Software

Spa and Salon Business Management Software

4.1 /5 (921 reviews) Write a Review!
4.1
3.9
4.2
4.1
Ashely S.
Industry: Consumer Services

Book It!

Reviewed on 11/10/2018

Pros

Booker is a godsend for so many salons. It is very user-friendly and they have implemented the use of embedded training videos for all the features; this is a wonderful tool and works very well for people who are visual learners, which most stylists happen to be. For salon managers and owners, Booker offers a variety of tools: time-clock, sales tracking, inventory, tip allocation, expenditures/budgets, etc. Being a web-based software, it's very easy to add a widget or embed a link on your website and/or Facebook page to allow customers to easily schedule themselves for services. In addition, there is a built-in point of sale system that makes it easy to check out clients without needing to switch over to another program and/or system.

Cons

The downside to being a web-based software: if the server is down or there is an issue with the website, you cannot access your calendar or your point of sale system. Booker has been awesome enough to provide a separate website where they allow you to report issues of the system being down and also announcing known issues. Their customer service makes up for this issue.

Sharmila M.

Booker review

Reviewed on 15/10/2019

I hated them and will never go back. Absolutely negligent business practices by their vendor companies.

Pros

When I first signed with Booker, I liked the merchant services fees were better than Mindbody Online. Also, I liked that I locked in a significantly cheaper monthly rate as opposed to Mindbody.

Cons

The automatic emails at the time, could not be turned off. It didn't work with my type of business. Also, I hated the company that handled their merchant services. They put my account on hold after trying to cancel their services. A ridiculous customer service representative froze my account so then no deposits could go through affecting my payroll. No one told me that canceling my services with Booker would affect the merchant services or my ability to receive deposits. Absolute jerks.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Laurie B.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Booker wants you to use endless work arounds because they can't get it right

Reviewed on 23/11/2020
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I am stuck in Booker because I have been using it since 2014. My client data base and content are huge, they have been purchased by mindbody and I had hoped for an improvement, but its worse.

Do not get stuck with this software, purchase something else. They require you to do work arounds because the software does not function properly. The reporting is shite. Please do your self a favor and look else where.

I have tow spas and they are on different versions of booker. I have asked multiple times to be placed on one version or the other.

Pros

It has a lot of useful features, sadly very few of them work as expected.
- membership processing
- gift certificates
- embedded special codes for marketing
- pixels for marketing
- cancellation policy implementation
- customer service availability
- appointment scheduling
- sales reporting
- freezing memberships
- mail campaigns and marketing

Cons

ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING with this software requires a work around.
-I have lost members because the software randomly double and triple charges them each month and doesn't represent it in the recent orders tab so it looks as if it hasn't
- freezing members is great, but then booker charges them for ALL the months they have been frozen
- you cannot put special deals on for the holidays on gift certificates = no holiday gift certificate promos
- special codes for marketing do not auto populate for orders and cannot be found from within the order
- pixels for marketing from their marketing tools do not work
- cancellation policy is great but if the person does not have a cc on file then you cannot close the order which makes it impossible to close the drawer at the end of the night
- groups often book under the same name , booker requires you to CANCEl that appt rather than just changing the name - ridiculous
-sales reporting is not customizable, past membership reporting cannot be done. it only shows current numbers regardless of the date you enter. kind of hard to measure growth
-members may freeze their monthly billing, no benefits are accrued but when you take the freeze off it autocharges all previous unpaid months
- customer service is available - but they are often unknowledgeable and can only submit requests to development and they take months even years before they fix your problem.
- the marketing tab does not load on my booker if im running from chrome.

Likelihood to recommend: 1.0/10

Desiree H.
Industry: Construction

Talk to Technicians, not just salesmen

Reviewed on 18/04/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Overall, interacting with several people there were only two I had significant issues with. Their customer service is helpful if only slightly fragmented. My companies stake holders were not impressed by the service and went elsewhere. However, I still would recommend at least investigating their services to assist your company.

Pros

Salesmen are very attentive, attempt to find questions to any answers and are quick to return calls. Software is very clean and easy to use as long as you stay within their realm of "basics".

Cons

Unfortunately, if you have any type of development background this software will not allow you to utilize it unless you upgrade to the API. Prior to purchase we were told we would have Full Access to all features and everything was 100% customize-able. However, there are areas of customization you still need to have a "Super User" (call in to tech support + talk to a manager) to change. Example: Accepting cash in office.

The second issue I had is their merchant processing. They don't have syncing with Amazon Pay (primary issue we were told could be done with this software), PayPal or Square. You are charged additionally to use their merchant processing (and with companies my accounting had never heard of/didn't want to use). Again, while promised we would be able to find a work around, eventually it was found even with upgrading to a higher tier with API access, there was an extremely slim chance that different integration methods was possible.

Third: The price. Please understand if you desire to let one company manage everything then this software is helpful. However, if you don't then per month charge is rather high when other simple services are free or offer nearly every feature Booker does for 1/5th the price. So, do your research and speak with both Sales force and Tech support before making a decision.

Response from Kirsten

Dear Desiree,
Thank you for your feedback and thoughts. Booker partners with a number of the largest payment vendors to offer our customers a variety of highly secure options. We're sorry to hear that there wasn't an option that you felt worked for your business.

We'd love to discuss your feedback on the API access and other specifics if you have time. Thank you for using Booker and for your feedback.

Best,
The Booker Team

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Jennifer N.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

overall has been good, sometimes tough to get questions answered or get a CSR

Reviewed on 23/05/2017

Easy on line booking, easy pos, easy scheduling,

Pros

I like how easy it is for people to book appointments, how it keeps track of room usage, payroll and other functions. Great that is can be used on smartphones for booking appointments on the fly, notifications via text and email!

Cons

System slow downs have been awful the last few months, we have had intermittent notification glitches (ie people not getting notified of appointments), problems with people thinking they booked appointments but for some reason it didn't go through this needs to be better - customers are unaware that it didn't go through because of missing information on their end - a tiny red star doesn't really cut it for people to see. Should say somewhere - at the end if you do not get a pop up saying Thank you for your appointment - you are missing information or your selection didn't go through. I wish there was a more integrated system for marketing that allows target marketing, I didn't like having to purchase yet another system like Mail Chimp and now HireFredrick. Really gets very expensive.

Response from Booker

Thank you for using Booker and for your thoughtful feedback. We've put a lot of effort into helping the system run faster with greater stability so hopefully you're seeing those improvements. Happy to hear that it's working so well for you overall!

- The Booker Team

Michael N.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Best Available Cloud based integrated POS & Booking system

Reviewed on 03/02/2015

So there is no perfect product, including Booker, BUT... We've run our beauty business for 8 years now using a variety of non-integrated systems including A****Quest and Intuit POS. About 2 years ago, we became very frustrated with horrible customer support from our current solutions—they literally did not have a phone number to reach a real person in any circumstance. The role Booker would play for us was mission critical so I did some serious due diligence before selecting Booker. I created a massive feature spreadsheet that compared the 4 top contenders. Booker and one other option appeared to be the best on paper. So I called Booker and grilled that sales person for literally 3 hours about all the nuances of Booker. She was cheerful and knowledgable (I think her name was Erica) and answered pretty much all of my questions. We have over 60 employees, so training and switching our software backbone is a huge hassle—you really want to choose the right long term partner so you don't have to deal with all that work again.

I'd say Booker gets 98 out of 100 issues and features. It is very elegant and thoughtfully designed and a pleasure to work with on a day to day basis. So much more robust and clean that our previous patched together solutions. Yes, on the rare occasions when the Booker servers go down for an hour at 3pm, you will curse their name, but you will also quickly forgive, because no cloud based solutions has perfect uptime, and this cloud based solution is soooooooo much better than our previous desktop apps.

Yes, we push the limits of the features. Yes, we wish they would fix some of the "glitches" more quickly—it seems that adding new customers might be getting more CEO focus than improving the user/customer experience. But so far, Booker appears to still be the best available option.

Side note: Robert Schmidt in support is a rockstar and really gave us a lot of good advice and strategic insights related to using Booker.

Pros

Smart, friendly people in customer support that live in NYC or SoCal. They really know their stuff and try hard to help you. And they don't speak English as a 3rd language or live in Bangladesh!

Well thought out, elegant interface.

Cons

Booker needs to hire more/task more programmers to fix glitches in the system—fixes trickle in, but far more slowly than other SaaS providers in other industries.
Feels like they are resting on their laurels with features—slow to fix or add features

Valerie S.

My Business Would NOT be the Success it is Without Booker!

Reviewed on 01/09/2016

I have been with Booker for 8 years and I LOVE this system. It has helped me to professionally organize my spa connecting me with staff and business and clients all in one package. VERY professional and it helps to make my business shine on all levels.

Pros

The way it organizes everything.

Cons

There are a few suggestions I have had that are business needs (would make things easier) and was never able to resolve working them out. They are still I consider serious concerns. There is nothing available to meet those needs, so I just modified and tweaked and moved on.

Response from Booker

Hi Valerie,

We are so very happy to hear that Booker has helped you to run and grow your business for so many years. Thank you so much for your great review. In terms of product suggestions, you can always send these to [email protected] Also, you are able to edit user roles for your employees to limit what they can/cannot do. We are actually hosting a special Fall Series Webinar on User Roles - it's held on Monday at 12PM EST. You can register here: bit.ly/2cj7v2i.

Hope this was helpful!

Sophia M.

Too bad on customer service

Reviewed on 25/07/2016

I thought booker would be a step up from Mindbody but I just can't get over how hard it is to contact a real person!! Also if you live on the west coast they close super early and my spa stays open till 8! I am thinking of leaving Booker (will lose $800 in transfer costs) Think long and hard about switching your online booking software once you do you are stuck! Even after I told them I might need to change back to Mindbody and please someone call me to remind me of the pros....radio silence.

Pros

none that mindbody didn't have.. maybe a waiting list is cool

Cons

-Impossible to reach anyone to get help you have to email them and wait a day to hear back
-very difficult to change schedule from appt window you have to go a bunch of steps deep into altering schedules
-payroll is WAY harder than mindbody.
-add ons for services (super complicated)
-half of our gift certificate information did not makes its way to booker so I am now paying for both booker and mindbody

Response from Booker

Hi Sophia -
We appreciate you taking the time to send your thoughtful feedback regarding your experience with Booker. We have asked our Customer Experience Team reach out to you directly to assist you in changing from schedule to appointment windows and to assist in transferring your data. Our teams are consistently working to improve the platform for our users so they can efficiently run day-to-day tasks at their businesses. Again, we appreciate your feedback and let us know if we can provide further feedback by emailing us at [email protected]

Likelihood to recommend: 2.0/10

Ezralea R.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Booker is always taking stride to improve and evolve systems to create ease and functionality.

Reviewed on 26/08/2017

Pros

Ease of use.
We run multiple locations. Being moblie friendly and able to book from anywhere helps us be able to grow.

I am a return customer. I've used booker in the past. We stepped away and are coming back cause the others where not fitting our needs.

Cons

V2 does not have the on line store set up for product purchases. It is not fully built out to the structures of V1. But I was promised by the end of the year.

Your preferred merchant ... not sure I'm finding their value. The sales guy said they would be sooo much lower than Square. But I'm needing to jump through hoops to get the data from first data.

Response from Booker

Ezralea -
Thank you so much for your thoughtful review. We're thrilled to hear that Booker is working well to help you manage your locations. Stay tuned for future updates - we're always evolving the product.

Thank you!

Justine K.
Industry: Consumer Services

Receipt printer: outdated technology used for the 3 clients who have ever requested printed receipts

Reviewed on 13/09/2016

The software offers a lot of excellent features but there are a few that are missing that would be great for salons that do a lot of events or group bookings like we do. The customer support is amazing, which I really appreciate.

Pros

I like that I can work remotely and that there is a phone app that allows our technicians to view there schedules.

Cons

There's no fast way to make a group booking. It would be great if when making a reservation you could choose the number of those appointments to make and have the information automatically repopulate for those reservations.

Response from Booker

Hi Justine,

Thank you very much your review. We are so happy to hear that you are having a great customer experience with Booker. We appreciate your product feedback and features you'd like to see improved. I will pass this along to the correct team.

Thanks!

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Nawaal F.
Industry: Retail

Love this booking software!

Reviewed on 27/06/2017

Ease and efficiency. Accurate booking.

Pros

Easy and efficient, Booker helps us keep connected with our clients in various ways, including text/e-mail/etc. It's been very helpful with clients that can confirm via e-mail and have something to refer to, besides a phone call. The ease of learning the software has been awesome and the customer service is top notch!

Cons

Sometimes (rarely), Booker operates in slow speeds. People cannot click to confirm via text message, and it would help if they could. There have been a couple of times where Booker has been down during business hours and it became really hectic trying to get things sorted during that time, but other than that, we appreciate the apologies about that and the constant communication about issues.

Response from Booker

Thanks for the great feedback Farooq! We're working on some updates by the end of the year that we think you'll like! For now we'll pass on your feedback to the product team. Thanks for using Booker!

- The Booker Team

Julie B.
Company size: Self Employed

Helps in times of closed hours

Reviewed on 06/10/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

It is great for when someone can book in the middle of the night for the following day. Clients say it is easy.
So many great features, of which I can grow into.

Cons

Mobile and Desktop versions are not recognized by devices I believe.
I had to have separate link in website because Mobile users were getting Desktop version, and then the font and graphics are too small.
The Mobile version looks nothing like the desktop version. It is confusing.
It is too hard for a non-programing type to get the versions to look good.
POS, working with SubLyme, Integrity, and Trustwave all a major pain in the butt. For a small small business like me, there has to be something more like Square which is where I have gone back to!

Jill S.
Industry: Events Services

Booker is a scam!!!!!

Reviewed on 16/10/2019
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Nothing that I needed support with and is standard expectations were attended to nor problems resolved.

Pros

running payroll reports there is pretty much nothing else.

Cons

It is impossible to get it set up appropriately, after 4 months of phone calls, I still never got the appropriate credit cards to run internally. I was able to set up an acct with their third party processing but could never actually link that to closing appointments. It was a full time job to communicate with customer service and after 4 months this was never rectified.
Their rates doubled from when I signed on and are now even with mindbody yet the service and function is not as good. I am open seasonally and so when I signed on I very clearly asked if I would not be charged for the months I am closed and was very clearly told that I would not be charged. When I went to put my account on vacation mode I was told this is not an option.

Response from Booker

Hi Jill-

Thank you for sharing your experience with us - we are sorry to hear that our software and service did not meet your expectations.

We wish your business the best, and hope that you were able to find a business management solution that fits your needs as a seasonal business.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Laura A.

Better than others

Reviewed on 05/10/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I hope they put the document management settings back on the brand level, so our new employees don't have to log into both locations on different browsers in order to upload documents.

Pros

It is pretty simple to use, and they work on improving it often. We were able to edit our membership even though when I called, they told me it could not be done.

Cons

They have taken some features away that make it very inconvenient. The Brand level is separate from the location levels, so we have to change locations on our screen when we need to do certain things. Also, their customer support is not very good. They prefer you email them, which works in some cases, but most of the time you need more than an email to convey the issue. Second, I have called more than once to find out how to do something, and they were wrong. Last time, I called to see if we could edit our membership to include more than just one service that the benefits could be used for. He told me no, unfortunately I'd have to cancel all of our memberships, make a new one, and then resell all of them. This would take far too long. I did some digging and found the solution on my own, and it was not only possible, but really not that hard. They also update during our open hours. Since we're 6 hours different, it's not surprising but it is very inconvenient to have our system down during that last hour or two of our day.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Sydney P.
Industry: Cosmetics

Very efficient for our salon

Reviewed on 30/07/2019

Great and we will continue to use it for our salon

Pros

Everything is easily accessible, can have multiple accounts for managers and staff

Cons

Sometimes the system glitches or CC/cash amounts aren’t matching up with the POS system at the end of the work day.

Anna H.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Booker has better options and easier to use than other software!

Reviewed on 19/12/2019

Pros

After using a few other spa software companies we switched to Booker 3 1/2 years ago. We like the fact that we can run both our locations off of the parent company. It is also a lot more user-friendly for both our employees and our guests through the online booking platform. I like the Frederick option as well.

Cons

I would like some more detailed report options. I didn't' appreciate the cost going up when MindBody bought out Booker.

Ashlen J.
Industry: Cosmetics

Very functional, great customer service!

Reviewed on 23/12/2019

Pros

It's super easy to customize, visually appealing, and overall a very user friendly booking system.

Cons

I wish there were a few more customization options, (i.e. a way to make reminder lists for the administrators with notifications options, etc.)

Charlene D.

Convenient

Reviewed on 08/09/2016

Minimizes me taking calls over the phone. My clients book on line through my website using booker scheduling.

Pros

You can book wherever you are.

Cons

That you can't be on the phone and pull up booker to book an appointment without wifi.

Response from Booker

Hi Charlene,

Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear that Booker is helping you run your business, giving you have more time to focus on your clients and services. In terms of accessing your Booker app, please make sure your cellular data is on for the app. If you do not want to use data then yes, wi-fi will be necessary. Hope this was helpful!

Thanks,

Rachelle F.
Industry: Cosmetics

This program is top notch

Reviewed on 24/01/2017

We have used several software systems prior to being introduced to Booker. Hands down the best, most efficient, organized and user-friendly program out there. I would never switch and I'm very happy to say it's improved our organization and helped grow our business. My clients love the easy to use online booking system. All positive no negatives. I can even view and book from my phone which is an awesome feature as well. If your thinking about trying it, think no more. You will be happy you did. Thanks, Booker.

Pros

User-friendly easy to use

Cons

Not being able to see all my appointments on my calendar without having to click each day.

Response from Booker

Thank you so much for this wonderful feedback. We're so happy that Booker is working so well for you and your business!

Thank you for using Booker!
- The Booker Team

Sharon M.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Simple to use with very little training required

Reviewed on 07/11/2018

Pros

Booker software for salons is a easy efficient scheduling software perfect for our single space salon. It is easy for the staff to use and navigate with very little training required. It is very intuitive. Inventory is easy to manage and reports are quite comprehensive

Cons

It does seem to have some hiccups now and again where the software is unavailable which can be very frustrating when trying to book an appointment or check out a client.

Nadine R.

Keinon Perkins - customer support rep

Reviewed on 08/09/2016

I would like to take this opportunity to state that Mr. Keinon Perkins was very helpful, patient, and knowledgeable when assisting me today during our 1hour plus call. He talked me through my numerous questions and he gave me the right information and approach. I think his professional demeanor should be acknowledged. CLASS ACT!!! Thank you, Nadine Ramos, Lasio Inc (Keratin Lounge)

Response from Booker

Hi Nadine,

It is wonderful to hear that Keinon has helped to make your Booker experience a great one! Thank you for your review and for letting us help you run and grow your business.

Thanks!

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Amanda C.
Company size: Self Employed

Has been very pleasant so far!

Reviewed on 04/08/2017

Keeps my appointments and clients neat and organized. I love the online booking. Being able to see my reports for the week.

Pros

How easy it is to use. Everything being in one place is extremely convenient and helps keep my business running smooth!

Cons

I do get very annoyed when the system is down or is running slow. The app could use some updating. It is not as easy to use as the computer system. I usually just use it to check what appts i have.

Tanya L.

Love booker

Reviewed on 13/01/2017

Booker is super easy to use! This year I added the booking app for clients and it has made booking that much easier. Shows the salon social media also which is awesome. I just wish they had a cheaper price point for smaller salons with 1/2 stylist or single stylist trying to use booker.

Pros

How easy and convinent it is

Cons

Too expensive for 1 person.

Response from Booker

Thank you Tanya for your excellent feedback. We're so glad your experience using Booker has been positive and that your customers are happy too.

Best,

Naila B.

Very Satisfied :)

Reviewed on 13/01/2017

Booker is an excellent tool to use while trying to manage and book appointments. It keeps everything simple and organized. Navigating through Booker is fairy simple and straight forward. It is user friendly and the fact that there is 24 hours book support provides a lot more ease. They support staff have always been excellent and helped me resolve any issue(s) i was having. Overall very satisfied with the system :)

Pros

Easy navigation

Cons

Sometimes it will not let us book a certain room because its not registered under a particular person however it does not tell us this when we are trying to book a room. It just gives an error message. Possibly stating how to fix the error would help as its not always obvious to the end user what is missing.

Response from Booker

Hi Naila,

Thank you so much! I'll be sure to share your kind words with our support team!

- Jason

Summer S.

Terrible customer service

Reviewed on 04/01/2016

I purchased this product under the guidance of one representative who basically went MIA the moment my card was charged. He set up a training appt at the wrong time from a previously agreed upon time. He also told me my "sign up fee" was a "set up fee" which made me think I was going to at least be assisted in setting up my acct. I tried several times (email and calls to his direct line) to reach him the moment I received the confirmation email for my training time, never received a response back. At that point I attempted the main number but couldn't get through for days. Your wait time is 2 minutes is what I heard for several calls totaling in over 30 min +. I finally reached someone (6 days after initial purchase) and I had decided to cancel my acct. due to my experience with poor customer service. I was told then that my investment, in what I thought was a set up fee, cannot be refunded as sign up fees are nonrefundable. On top of it all they charged my acct a prorated amount for 8 days of service (assuming 8 bc they were slow in canceling). So now after not receiving any training or set up assistance with many hours sitting on hold they are still keeping my money.
I do not recommend this product to anyone at all! Stay away!

Cons

I do not recommend this product to anyone at all! Stay away!