Campaign Monitor

Elegantly simple email marketing

4.6 /5 (428 reviews) Write a Review!
4.6
Industry: Marketing & Advertising
Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Excellent Email Tool for small business

Reviewed on 06/05/2020

Campaign Monitor allowed us to send our monthly newsletter with ease. This brought in an abundance of new business for the company and helped to grow revenue.

Pros

Campaign Monitor is simple to use and allows any business to run marketing campaigns to their audiences. The drag and drop builder is excellent.

Cons

Campaign Monitor doesn't have a CRM, so you'll need to import your lists for every send or integrate with a something like Zoho, HubSpot or Salesforce.

Asheton F.
Industry: E-Learning

Nice Email Automation Tool

Reviewed on 04/02/2020

It was a good platform for email marketing, but wasn't a CRM solution.

Pros

I like how easy it was to set up email automation campaigns. We had a custom template and I thought Campaign Monitor worked pretty well with it. Organizing and segmenting our lists was also a breeze.

Cons

The main reason we left and switched to Hubspot was because Hubspot was an all-in-one CRM tool that connected to many of our other programs that we use.

Shilpa S.
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

A product well thought through

Reviewed on 25/05/2019

I have been using CampaignMonitor for almost 4 years now. I love the tool more than MailChimp and Constant Contact. I

Pros

*Allows to send a test mail and check personalization using real examples from your contact list.
*You can also set up email automation with the tool.
*The HTML upload and rendering across devices is on point. Very well made product.
* Does not force users to use bulky footers that promotes itself unlike Constant Contact

Cons

I was billed extra and forced to use the plan I upgraded to for an entire month without being prompted that my list size had exceeded a certain number. While I understand it makes sense for your revenue it is not a very good customer experience.

Industry: Hospital & Health Care
Company size: 10,000+ Employees

Great mid-level email marketing tool

Reviewed on 07/05/2019

Pros

Very easy to set up triggers and actions. You can get going in Campaign Monitor very quickly. Setting up email sequences based on complex user activities is a breeze. The live reporting feature...with a globe pinpointing exactly where the recipients of your email are opening your email...is super cool and valuable from a geo-marketing point of view. Basic personalization and transactional capabilities are decent as well.

Cons

The support was not the best. Hit and miss. Sometimes they answered questions/resolved issues in almost real-time...but other times it can take them up to 48 hours to get back to you.

Solid, reliable emailing

Reviewed on 26/10/2018

We manage multiple clients and their emailing needs from within our account, as well as sending our own emails. We use the template builder and custom html, and find that both work well.

Pros

Campaign Monitor is a safe pair of hands when it comes to emailing. I find the list management (and related tasks such as keeping on top of unsubscribes) easier and better than competing softwares. The ability to manage clients' accounts and take a cut of fees also works well for us. Reporting is also clear and simple.

Cons

The template builder, whilst still very good, could do with some extra thought to enhance it further and bring in line with modern email capabilities. I would love to see more responsiveness, more font choices etc. Also, the interface as a whole is beginning to feel a little dated, and I would be interested to see that given a refresh.

Adam H.
Company size: Self Employed

Email Campaigns made super easy

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 26/11/2019

Campaign Monitor was great up until the switch. Creating powerful email campaigns for clients has never been easier, not just for admin but also for the clients themsleves.

Pros

Recenetly Campaign Monitor has improved in terms of how easy their software is to use. In the past templates were a hassle to construct. Now there are quick presets which make things quicker and easier.

Cons

No real cons, but I have recently moved to Mailchimp. I have found Mailchimp to be a much nicer tool to use

Quality Email Marketing Platform

Reviewed on 08/08/2019

Pros

The email template builder is simply the best. Campaign Monitor makes it easy to build and launch campaigns quickly.

Cons

Advanced segmentation and analytics could be improved.

Campaign Monitor is by far the most simple, yet powerful, subscriber and campaign manager.

Reviewed on 13/10/2017

The ability to spin up new accounts for clients makes it a no-brainer.

Pros

Their designer is easy to use, but yet provides great power features like dynamic parameters, draggable sections, and more. The ability to create and manage different templates for different uses is very handy. Their support is top-notch and always responsive within a couple of hours.

Cons

Their pricing is higher than other services, so it can sometimes be a hard sell to clients, especially as they add more subscribers. It can get expensive to do one-off campaigns to lots of subscribers.

Roxanne F.
Industry: Arts & Crafts

Newsletter software

Reviewed on 18/12/2018

Pros

Easy to use - this is really important for time efficiency - and Campaign Monitor is perfect. Easy to import our client lists, easy to navigate and personalise our newsletters and easy to read the reports on the Statistics on our 'opens' so that we can control the 'bounces' or continued 'un-opens'.

Cons

I cant say I have anything negative to say about Campaign Monitor - it meets our needs quite well.

Laura B.
Industry: Real Estate
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Gets the job done for simple email campaigns

Reviewed on 13/03/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Ease of use- you can set up an email campaign in minutes, and it's very user friendly. Works for basic email sends.

Cons

This is a great baseline tool for email marketing, but I wouldn't recommend it for complex nurture and lifecycle campaigns, as it is not as robust as other enterprise tools on the market.

Joshua T.
Industry: Internet

Great for our monthly newsletter!

Reviewed on 04/05/2019

I've used Campaign Monitor for 5 years now, we've looked at other options here and there but always come back to this one. It's our go to given we don't send a lot of emails and it allows us to track what we need.

Pros

We have a variety of people on staff and not everyone is able to code at the same level. This platform allows us to get ANYONE to hop on and put an email together to get it out the door. Love love love this program. The updates and reporting on each email is also actionable and very insightful.

Cons

You have to keep your files really organized or else you can get "lost" when finding stuff. So when you first set it up make sure you have folders and files appropriately named.

Sergey P.
Industry: Design

We use it for designing client newsletter and managing communications

Reviewed on 05/05/2018

Ideal tool for agencies managing newsletters and other communications on behalf of their clients

Pros

Perhaps we are a bit biased but this is the only tool that fits perfectly in our case - it has everything for an agency to design and send newsletter or communicate otherwise with our clients subscribers. Other tools are more oriented to somebody working insise companies.

Cons

Nothing really. It has everything other tool have and also has quite nice and clean interface, also easy to customize.

Paul S.
Industry: Investment Management

I found the software easy to use

Reviewed on 27/04/2018

Pros

I find the software easy to use. The upload of data is very easy. I like the templates as they are clear and punchy.

Cons

Limited to only to Campaign Monitors templates. Would like the option to upload other templates that I have used for other email campaigns and or website campaigns.

Julie F.

Reviewed on 02/11/2017

Pros

Templates are easy to use and you can accomplish just about everything you need to do with them. Customer support rocks. They're quick and accurate.

Cons

I wish they would allow the user to stop an A/B test or a campaign when it's in progress. Mistakes happen and this would limit damage.

Justin G.
Industry: Consumer Services

The best email marketing there is

Reviewed on 08/12/2016

I LOVE campaign monitor! It's by far the cheapest, best and more features available. Many people haven't heard of them since it tends to be a MailChimp dominated market, but just give them a try! You won't regret it

Pros

Features, interface, price

Cons

There aren't as many 3rd party integrations available

Industry: Internet

Solid email client that competes with best.

Reviewed on 01/02/2018

Pros

Easy to use, straightforward interface. Allows easy import/export of email contacts, with good pricing and total reliability. Love the map view mode after a send out and data reporting is flawless.

Cons

No inline editor puts it behind mailchimp in the regard, and templates are a little messy. Would also be good to preview for different devices - not possible currently.

Laura B.
Industry: Media Production

A Great Tool for Starting Out in Email Marketing

Reviewed on 22/03/2016
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Campaign Monitor makes it easy to set up email campaigns- whether you're a beginner to email or have a few years of experience behind you. It's easy to set up a campaign and send to a reasonably sized list.

Cons

It doesn't scale for larger businesses; additionally, tier pricing can be tricky if you plan on adding subscribers to your account over time. You really have to be mindful of what you're loading in to the tool.

Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Easy to use and an affordable application.

Reviewed on 31/01/2018

Product is easy to use in affordable pricing but have limited coustmization.

Pros

Product is Affordable.
Easy to use.
Can use for multitasking.
Can mail in groups.
Had wide variety of template.

Cons

Have limited features to integrate with other applications.
Have Limited customization and flexibility.
Limited email segmentation features.

Industry: Design

Another solid email marketing solution

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 28/02/2018

Pros

The worldview it's fun right? Now, for things that matter more: it has nice templates and relatively easy to implement. Customization could be improved. In the end if you get the job done, coming in than all it's left for you to do is watch those people opening your emails on worldview while siping your favorite drink, eh? ;)

Cons

There is room to improve the template customization and email segmentation. The way contacts are calculated for billing purposes is not ideal.

Thomas N.

We love it!

Reviewed on 25/02/2017

We switched in 2014 and have been working with Campaign Monitor (CM) ever since. We started several times to connect it to our CRM, but never finished it. We also almost switch to Mail Chimp because there is one specific feature that would help us save time and money considerably: TimeWarp.
Rumor has it that CM is working on a similar feature. The customer service is more than excellent and the addition of new apps make some of the connectivity so much easier.
This year we will also start implementing the new automation features.
The most valuable feature of CM is that anybody in the team can edit content and send it out to review. Saves us a lot of time and man power and removed our web designers from the message creation process as a bottle neck. Keep up the good work and lets timewarp soon!

With Campaign Monitor testing and sending

Reviewed on 30/09/2019

CampaignMonitor helped me especially when I needed to test my email templates across a variety of email clients.

Pros

- It features a mail testing services which saved me more than once
- It's feature plenty and developer friendly
- It can be used for various purposes other than "just" sending emails

Cons

- Some parts of the UI are cumbersome and feel stuck in another internet era
- Some services can be very pricey if you don't have a subscription

Nick S.

The best (and best looking) EDM software

Reviewed on 16/11/2016

I have been using Campaign Monitor for about 6-8 years. It's beautifully designed, for the design-minded. In recent years, other players have made up some ground, but no other email software allows for well-designed, professional looking emails that work seamlessly on multiple devices and clients.

Campaign Monitor is aimed at design and creative agencies who send on behalf of clients, but savvy clients (like us) can cut out the middle-man, and use Campaign Monitor directly.

Finally, CM is an Australian success story. Started out by two Sydneysiders in a garage, it's now a global company raking in the customers (and the dough). It also has a reputation for being an amazing place to work.

Campaign Monitor isn't quite the biggest player in the EDM marketplace, but I reckon it might be the best.

Timothy T.

More features than MailChimp

Reviewed on 07/04/2019

I've used campaign monitor for a few years. It worked great for what I was doing, and they have spam prevention built into the setup process which I respect.

Pros

- Template customization is really easy
- Import email data from almost any source
- Easily to build campaigns
- Professional company that keeps spammers out
- Journey designer

Cons

- Image hosting can be messy. I usually host my images on a separate AWS server.

Scott O.
Industry: Computer Software

Recommended ESP. Nice interface and frequent feature upgrades.

Reviewed on 29/03/2016
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Nice interface and frequent feature upgrades. Can import lists without having to do opt-in again like Mailchimp making migrating easier.

Cons

Sometimes edits are not saved making test emails required.

Simple, reliable, and a great email marketing tool

Reviewed on 10/03/2018

Was able to send out mass marketing emails and got terrific responses from my customers. Little did they know that my secret weapon was this here software.

Pros

Very nice interface, easy to learn and use, and you can easily customize lists based on your customer profiles.

Cons

Functionality is a tad limited and I would have liked more customization options or templates in the designs.