Bullhorn ATS & CRM

Recruiting and applicant tracking software

4.1 /5 (981 reviews) Write a Review!

Irene D.

Recruitment Game Changer

Reviewed on 13/03/2017

I've had the opportunity to use various other recruitment tools through my employment at other recruitment agencies. I must say, after using Bullhorn, my approach to my work has changed because of the way Bullhorn has helped me. It allows me to focus on the more important aspects of recruiting such as candidate engagement and finding quality candidates, understanding of job requirements, and closer coordination with our client engagement managers and staff. I can easily track communications, candidates, submissions, job status, and other details.

Pros

Clear information. Well laid-out. Simple enough to use.

Cons

Candidate search filters.

Jon C.

Bullhorn

Reviewed on 18/11/2019

Overall great product that gets the job done. In fairness I don’t have much experience with other CRMs but I don’t see a reason to ever switch.

Pros

The ease of use and ability to pick up the basics very quickly. Functionality and design across the platform allows users to benefit from the database from day one, which is very important during onboarding.

Cons

Sometimes the lack of customization was baffling but improved with the rollout of BH Novo. Also customer service isn’t the best, I felt like I knew more about BH, always very nice though.

Rebecca A.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Awesome Customer Support!!

Reviewed on 01/05/2017

Pros

I have been very impressed by the customer support provided in using the Software. Anytime I need to make changes or have questions about what more I can do to make everything work better for me, Bullhorn's customer support team is quick to respond and very knowledgeable.

Cons

I would prefer to have more "do it yourself" options within the software rather than always having to submit a ticket or just leave things hanging. I know some prefer to just rely on others to complete the back end needs but I often find it faster to just click a button to have it completed.

Bullhorn evaluation

Reviewed on 05/04/2019

Pros

I liked most the tagging feature within bullhorn that allowed me to tag my colleagues within note updates within candidate profiles, job orders, or client documentation notes. These came through in real time to our outlook emails so nothing was lost. It really helped keep people in the loop, including my management on my activity

Cons

I had used bullhorn before it's most recent upgrade to Novo. I didn't like how you couldn't search Keywords in just the notes section as it would bring up resume keywords too but I understand Novo has fixed this enhancement

Jen T.

My love/hate relationship with Bullhorn

Reviewed on 14/06/2018

All in all I would consider myself a satisfied Bullhorn customer. Please continue to provide cutting edge technology and great customer service. Thank you for listening to the needs and requests of your customers.

Pros

As a Bullhorn customer for the past three years I have found this to be a well rounded product. I believe Bullhorn is focused on customer support and continuing to advance their product. Customer service is always very helpful and knowledgeable.
The intuitive nature of the Bullhorn product is easy to use.

Cons

My company was part of the initial NOVO roll-out. This was not well planned out or executed.
I wish Bullhorn didn't log out so quickly.

James D.

• Customer Support Software

Works well by itself and with others.

Reviewed on 28/01/2019

The integration with third-party apps is very handy. It allows you to keep everything in one place, which saves a lot of time. However, it might take a bit of research to be able to use this program to its fullest potential. Once you do so, it’s well worth the money.

Pros

One of the best features of Bullhorn is its integration with Outlook. It allows us to evaluate candidates without having to open a second program. It also allows you to schedule events and interviews with ease. The fact that it works really well with LinkedIn Recruiter is a big plus as well.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve to be able to use this program to the best of its ability. We had to do a few searches in order to get it to work the way we wanted it to, but once we had it set up, it worked flawlessly. The downtime can be a pain, but that’s with every software.

Danielle K.

Bullhorn Review

Reviewed on 16/10/2020

Overall, Bullhorn is very user friendly and I would suggest it to other businesses.

Pros

Bullhorn is very user friendly - the candidate tracking system and database are very easy to maneuver.

Cons

When we go to send out a mass email to the industry it would be easier to attach a job description then copy paste in body.

Kristyn c. H.

Bullhorn for the Win !

Reviewed on 31/10/2016

As a Technical Recruiter in the IT staffing industry you quickly learn the importance of leveraging efficient technologies that add immediate value to your business objectives. A Full Life Cycle Recruiter manages the entire recruitment process, initiating it by posting a job, procuring and screening candidate resumes, interviewing candidates, and extending formal offers of employment. I can confidently say that Bullhorn helps me meet my objectives from start to finish. The functionality and ease of use (in my opinion) are strong attributes of the product. When there are a million things going on in your day you can appreciate a simplistic platform that is easy to navigate. The reporting and analytics are also a huge plus for me as well. I reevaluate my recruiting process often by utilizing my Bullhorn reports to evaluate my metrics. For example, I pay very close attention to where I have sourced recent hires from to determine which job boards for certain roles are yielding better results.

Pros

Pulse is certainly a great feature from Bullhorn. It allows me to track the flow of communication with my candidates. I also love the idea that it can determine the best time of day to reach a candidate as well based off of previous conversations. There are definitely some neat features that help you work smarter.

Cons

Although I am still learning the ins and outs of Bullhorn I am very happy with the product this far.

Tiffany A.

Solid CMS

Reviewed on 18/07/2019

Great customer service. We just implemented BH new Novo platform and they were great during that transition process especially. Overall, if you're willing to put in the time up front to really get to know the system, it is a really really great tool.

Pros

It is very customizable and holds a ton of information. Covers the full-scope of the staffing and recruiting process from prospecting sales leads, to coorespondance tracking to placements and reporting. Also integrates with Gmail (seamlessly) as well as LinkedIn Recruiter (with a few bugs).

Cons

There are almost too many functions. I use Bullhorn literally all day every day and I don't think I have even scratched the surface of what all BH can do...its almost overwhelming to think about. This also makes training new users a bit more time costly than training on other software/systems.

Dawn B.

Bullhorn Recruiting Software Review

Reviewed on 20/07/2016

Overall BH has all the features a full cycle recruiter needs to get the job done. I am not an admin for ours so I am sure there are features that I cannot access, but I would love to see it be more user friendly and keeping up with new technology. For instance, if a candidate is in BH and LinkedIn, BH should be able to compare the info and let the user know the candidate has a new position or contact info

Pros

I like having all my information in one place and being able to cross reference files adding a candidate to a specific distribution list, being able to tag the job order in the notes section, etc.

Cons

I would like to see in jobs notes the candidate's name instead of having to click on the drop down arrow.

Hayley W.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Overall helpful

Reviewed on 11/09/2019

So far it’s working well, things that can improve are email templates from sending cvs and interview confirmations, we’re unable to customise out interview confirmations to include all information when it’s sent out

Pros

The idea is great, we love using the ats and call list functionality and are driving this in our business, so far well received.

Cons

Email templates and formatting is an issue, we’re unable to deliver pictures in emails from the ats or call lists which is a real blocker for us and our users aren’t bulk emailing from these apps because of it.

We are unable to hide email templates from specific users which causes confusion between our brands.

Adding people to call lists in bulk is an issue too, we need to be able to select multiple people and add them to call lists all at once.

Carol B.

Long-Time User

Reviewed on 16/02/2017

I think overall Bullhorn is a solid product. We have had some issues when we had to move over to another provider for our email. There have been some bugs that really took much longer to resolve than they should have. But overall their tech support is solid.

Pros

The ease of integrating resumes into BH. I also think that the Tech support is top notch!

Cons

It feels like sometimes BH can turn into a black hole of candidates. It would be helpful to have better searching features. I would also like to add that it would be extremely helpful to work out bugs that have been an issue for several months listed as a priority and not you get to them when you get to them.

Brian W.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

A Cadillac ATS.

Reviewed on 01/05/2017

Not only happy, but impressed, with this ATS.

Pros

Customer service has proved to be one of the main reasons I continue to be so happy with the Bullhorn product. I've spoken with numerous individuals for tech support and, while never having talked with the same person twice, have always enjoyed really great support - and even received ideas on thinking outside the box on how to utilize the ATS to best suit my specific needs.
I'm also a big fan of the marketplace. Bullhorn, in my opinion, is teamed with some great partners which just strengthens its ease of access.
I also like the periodic updates and videos that highlight changes to the interface or new features.
There's a great ease of use that comes with this ATS and the customization is unlike any I've seen before.

Cons

Price wise it's more on the expensive side, but I'm happy to pay the amount given what I receive in return.

Kristyn H.

Bullhorn for the Win!

Reviewed on 31/10/2016

Pros

Bullhorn is a cloud based application that allows multiple customers to use it at once. I love the idea of uploading all of my candidate files and notes onto Bullhorn and having access to them at any place or time. This is huge for me! It creates flexibility in the work I do independently but more importantly it helps for great collaboration when working with my colleagues.

Cons

Bullhorn has exceeded my expectations. I have not come across any functions or features that did not add value to my role and responsibilities.

Shawn C.

Easy to Use ATS with Excellent Up-Time and a Healthy Customizability

Reviewed on 21/05/2016

Like any product, it's important to understand your needs. Bullhorn isn't a perfect fit for every company, but for our Enterprise account of 100+ users, it's served rather well for over 6 years. I cannot speak about the conversion as I joined just about a year after. Over the past 5 years, the product has matured greatly. Up-time has improved immensely to the point the service is almost never down. Due to complex business needs, our product has been heavily customized internally and with the aid of Bullhorn's support -- for a fee of course. Managing the customization process is reasonable and within expectations, but you need to test the end-products thoroughly. It's been rare that Bullhorn wasn't able to accommodate a request, though the project timelines have grown over time. Bullhorn offers API access to further customize your functionality; something we've used to a huge extent.

A third-party marketplace offers many additional features and add-ins typically with varying cost structures. We've used a few successfully and most have been valuable, others have not. Bullhorn used to come with a flexible custom reporting engine, but that is gone and the canned reports currently leave a little to be desired. User support has historically been excellent, though lately response time to non-urgent issues have slipped to several days. Overall, support tickets take a little longer to get resolved than before. Seems to be more bureaucracy that wasn't there before, though the staff we've worked with have always been friendly genuinely concerned with providing a resolution. Managing user access levels are simplified by Bullhorn managed roles. Changes beyond the core roles need to go through support, which generally hasn't been a problem for us. The application is very simple to use and even our most technologically challenged users pick it up quickly.

Overall, Bullhorn offers a reasonably flexible product, with many features, simple administration and an easy interface. If your business isn't very complex, and you'd rather focus on the day-to-day operations, Bullhorn may be a solution for you.

David B.

Bullhorn ATS

Reviewed on 26/09/2020

Excellent, the product does what it says it should do and it you need help from the CSR team, it's minutes away!

Pros

Love the ease of use and intuitive aspects. If you are not a 'savvy' computer person but a good recruiter, this product will NOT stand in your way

Cons

I love all of it, I really don't have any complaints

Wendy K.

Bullhorn- Ease of Use

Reviewed on 01/11/2016

We have been on the Bullhorn Platform for over 6 years and has become the hub of all our Recruitment and Sales interactions.

The tool is easy to use, easy to update and the user friendly design makes it easy to get a new user up to speed quickly.

The online training and resource centre makes finding information simple.

We use this for all aspects from Lead Generation through to Offer/Placement.

Ease of Implementation
Easy to get a new user up to speed
Great support

Cons

Professional Services work- There is an opportunity to do customization to the product but would suggest waiting to see if needed. Customizations are usually where you will have issues when something breaks. The core product is always working but automations is where you may see failures.

Venugopal S.
  • Industry: Insurance Software
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Used for 1+ year

Connect to Bullhorn and Get to the next level of CRM

Reviewed on 20/08/2018

Pros

It is one of the best CRM I have ever seen in my life. In today’s Business-to-Business (B2B), the communication isn’t limited to 1 on 1 conversation, it is now converted from one team to another team. So we are unable to record all the conversation, that’s why a concept had been aroused in form of Bullhorn so that we are able to record all the important information during conversations. It is very easy to use and is very efficient in its working. Variety of functions can be found here, mainly for searching and sorting information and for reporting data as well. The reason why I said it be one of the best it is just because it offers best customer service in the industry as well as get updates in every month. Here, you can post jobs easily and can set reminders. Lots of customization is also available here.

Cons

Even though it is a great software, if it provides more flexibility on a mobile device then it would have been great. Another tremendous problem is that it is very costly i.e. not affordable for everyone even if one wishes. That’s the only thing in which it lags the most!! However, Timeouts in times of active workings is quite cumbersome, so that should also be improved. Moreover, it causes a lot of glitches like will throw you out if parsing or updating of resumes is not done properly. It also has some difficulties and issues regarding tracking multiple branches, reporting due to tracking issues and many more.

• Industry: Human Resources

Bullhorn, straightforward

Reviewed on 18/09/2018

Cost wise you only pay for a CRM solution but you also get a job board something that is gold for recruiters, an extra job board is always welcome. It does also save time, something that most of us fail to realize it takes a couple of minutes to parse a candidate to any crm system with all the information in a resume, Bullhorn solves this by automatically parsing candidates to its system,specially if Monster.com is linked. You can save precious time and get more time to reach candidates vs parsing them.

Pros

Bullhorn is one of those software's out there that are pretty straightforward in terms of use. Great specially for those starting out in the recruiting world. What makes bullhorn great is that its not only a good end to end application tracking system but it also serves as a candidate pool of all the candidates that all the users within the company has ever entered in. Not only do you get a CRM but you also get a Job board. For recruiters like me another Job board to source on is another mine of gold. Its also great that you can link Monster.com to it. Makes parsing candidates form Monster a lot easier and saves time.

Cons

Nothing really , I just wished they had like a night mode or a livelier color scheme.

Juli U.

Bullhorn for Staffing Agencies

Reviewed on 31/01/2017

I generally like using Bullhorn and its functionality. Once you figured out how to use it, it's practical and quick.
We are a staffing agency with 20 producers and it's fairly easy to customize for Recruiting and Sales. Staying on top of data accuracy and documentation is an issue because a lot of functions have to be done manually. An automation of some kind would be helpful and I can't imagine using Bullhorn efficiently for a larger organization.

Pros

- Easy to use for a small operation such as ours
- Great customer service
- Regular updates to the software

Cons

- New features are rarely communicated and it's difficult to find out what products were added and are available to me (We have Bullhorn S release and lots of functionality is available but I wouldn't know about)
- Some type of automation would be needed to make daily processes easier, for example, buttons to track calls vs. having to add a note
- Currently no data mining tool available for no cost that would allow to clean up data.

Response from Emily

Hi Juli,
Thank you for your feedback regarding are communication style with new features. We strive to provide a great experience and provide our customers with all the information that they need to be successful, and it is helpful to know where we can improve. I will send you a private email with a link to the customer portal. In addition to great learning videos, the portal also provides detailed monthly listings of all new features, updates, bug fixes, etc. If there is anything else that I can help with, please feel free to email me at [email protected]

Jeffrey A.

• Customer Support Software

Evaluation of Bullhorn Recruiting Software for Use by a Smaller Retained Executive Search Firm

Reviewed on 09/12/2016

I had a personal, on screen demonstration of this product by a rep on Mon Nov 21, 2016 starting at about 11:00 AM PST. Using Citrix I looked at a custom screen demonstration while Adam Cuomo and I spoke by phone. (My rep and I were the only 2 people involved in this presentation.) At the beginning I explained how a small partnership or “solo” retained executive recruiter operates. Although it should be noted that I started my search career working for a larger recruiting firm. And that I am generally familiar how large and small recruiting firms in California and the U.S. function internally. And later I remembered that I had actually evaluated at least two different recruiting software packages in the past. During the on-screen evaluation Mr. Cuomo gave me enough feedback and comments to indicate that he had a really competent understanding of this niche or the overall recruiting business.

The Bullhorn software appears to function beautifully. The Bullhorn software or system catalogs candidate profiles, open search projects, communication with candidates and clients, interview schedules, status and feedback reports, etc. And it apparently can accomplish a “housekeeping” function that I didn’t expect. That is, one component of Bullhorn is that it can apparently import a “resume” submitted by email or scanned into a system. And then catalog that candidate profile into the recruiter’s database of contacts. Where there are multiple recruiting consultants working for the same firm --- it helps to insure that everyone “is on the same” as to contacts with all candidates and client organizations. The cost for a small one-user firm like mine was estimated at monthly. The user’s database is kept in Bullhorn’s cloud storage.

For my method of executive search Bullhorn is not necessary. All of my recruiting history is in my head or “searchable” by a key word on my Mac’s hard drive. And that recall can be enhanced by a standard Google-search on the web or access to any private database that I might have access to. It would, however, be a consideration if I ever added a partner to the business. As it stands, however, it provides more structure that most small firms probably need.

But there was one aspect or component of the Bullhorn offering that could be immediately useful to a small search practice like mine. And that is the ability to neatly and efficiently input resumes that come to me in differing formats into my own structured database of contacts and potential candidates. I don’t have time to personally do this. And it’s often difficult to find and schedule in a support person who can effectively do this with my personal email records and the file notes from my searches. And there is always a concern with confidentiality when outside staff is engaged.

Pros

It appears to really function beautifully. And it's a fit with a retained executive search organization's needs. And it appears to be reasonably priced.

Cons

It probably has a more limited utility for a one or two person retained executive search firm.

Karanjeet K.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Thomas Thor Review.

So far it has been good

Pros

User friendly, has potential and support is very reliable

Cons

Limitation on few important features - it is not fun to always be referred to 3rd party (cost a lot of investment)

Bullhorn

Reviewed on 11/10/2019

Works overall well for our needs, it's a bit pricey but does the job for a staffing firm

Pros

It's easy to pick up if you're a new user, the navigation is intuitive and it's rather easy to find what you need, input data, etc.

Cons

There's a lot of bugs and issues when it comes to logging in to sessions, it kicking you out too quickly, and a lot of features are either redundant or don't exist. (ie. you can't delete a company profile?) It's also difficult to edit features in the field mapping, acts too much like coding if you're not familiar with how to make those changes.

Martin G.
  • Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

• Customer Support Software

Change request take too long

Reviewed on 11/09/2019

Pros

There is a wide marketplace of third party partners who can offer additional features that can easily be implemented into the core product.

Cons

Time scale to deliver changes that require assistance from Bullhorn are too long.

It would be good to have a fast track option for minor changes.

Casee L.

• Customer Support Software

Not great for corporate recruiting

Reviewed on 07/10/2016

My experience with Bullhorn as our internal ATS has been less than stellar. Overall, I do think it's a good product, but I do not think it is for the corporate side of things. I think this system is much more beneficial for recruiting agencies who are hiring at multiple clients. However, for recruiters that are only hiring internally, it is extremely clunky and very difficult to use.

Pros

One of the main pros is the cost, it is definitely an affordable system that fit well within our budget. Also, it does look appealing to the eye when looking at a first glance.

Cons

Unfortunately, I have many more cons that pros for this system. First, the training during implementation was horrible. The person that was training me clearly was not trained herself and made it very difficult to pick up on the different areas of the system. Then, the entire implementation process has been a nightmare. It was extremely difficult for my tech team to even get the system up and running, which months later it still isn't. During the implementation, I was told several times by the trainer that we had no Account Manager or sole point of contact at Bullhorn, but that everything had to go through the help desk. About 5 months into having access to the system, I found out that not only did I have an Account Manager the whole time that I was never told about, but it was actually the person who sold me the system in the first place. Also, it has been extremely difficult to integrate Bullhorn with Indeed, which is where we get a large portion of our applicants from. Lastly, I do not find this system user friendly at all. It is very clunky and hard to navigate, there are just too many moving parts. You need to go to several areas to do one small thing in the system which is very frustrating when you are pressed for time.

Response from Emily

Hi Casee,
I'm extremely sorry to hear that Bullhorn is not fitting your needs. We strive to provide useful and meaningful training and services, and I'm sorry to hear that we have not met that goal for you. Please feel free to connect with me via email ([email protected]) if you would like to further discuss these issues and how Bullhorn can improve to meet your needs. Thank you for taking the time to review us.

Best,