Chris C.

• Customer Support Software

Easy to use and great data gained from all types of marketing campaigns.

Reviewed on 16/03/2018

Pros

Several years ago, call tracking used to be done by hardcoding the tracking number into your website and that is not ideal for SEO. However, when I stumbled upon CallRail I fell in love with the ease of use, SEO-friendliness, and call data. The dynamic number insertion is so clutch! I currently have over 100 websites using CallRail and it is crucial to proving the value of my marketing efforts.

Cons

The reporting takes a little time to get the hang of, but once you've got it down - it isn't too bad.

Katherine T.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

We love using CallRail

Reviewed on 22/04/2021

CallRail is awesome! We've been able to track our leads perfectly with this software.

Pros

CallRail is a great software and handles everything you need for tracking phone calls. It's helped our business very much.

Cons

There aren't many cons for this software. If we had to pick one, it would probably be learning the initial setup but that is very straightforward.

Teresa Y.

CallRail Not Intuitive or Feature Friendly

Reviewed on 28/01/2021

Not good. We are leaving CallRail to go to another call tracking service.

Pros

System uptime was good. The technical support individuals know their product and were very helpful.

Cons

As a "manager" I initially had all the access I needed to administer my specific clients. Arbitrarily, CallRail starting revoking permission for various admin functions without notifying me or my Corporate offices. Since this was occurring soon after migrating to CallRail, I assumed I was not doing something correctly.
I would go to Corporate for support and they could not figure it our either and went to CallRail support only to be told it was a function no longer available to "managers". This put a burden on Corporate and diminished my ability to react to my customers needs in a timely way. Also, the reporting is severely lacking. To get a list of active clients, I or Corporate must manually create the data. When I delete a client, CallRail does not delete them from the list of call tracking users. I have to manually verify the number of active users. There are so many issues with CallRail regarding a poorly designed and non-user friendly system.

Mike M.

Ultra-Powerful Call Tracking & Management

Reviewed on 14/03/2018

We really value CallRail for all that it has enabled us to do with our company numbers. It allows us to gain valuable insights every day and the options seem to keep expanding, which is great. Check it out if you need a high-level call and number management system. It's perfect for companies looking to understand their data and grow.

Pros

CallRail is an immensely powerful platform from which to manage tracking numbers, get analytics about call volume and type, and so much more. It's actually hard to know where to begin in describing the positive elements because there are so many. We use the system to manage internal lines, as well as those for our clients, and we've greatly enjoyed our experience over the last couple of years. It's very easy to set up individual silos and see statistics on calls, texts, unique callers, and so forth, but the options go pretty far beyond those basics. There's a really nice reporting area that breaks the calls down into acquisition and behavior (each of which contain multiple additional segmentation options), for starters. CallRail also integrates with Facebook, Google Analytics / AdWords, Wordpress, and a bunch of others. There are tools to set up call forwarding based on time of day and other metrics, too. The overall feature set is immense and we've had a lot of success both internally and externally from using the system.

Cons

We haven't experienced many negatives. The system works as it should without issue, for the most part. Sometimes the number of features and available options can be slightly overwhelming, but the layout is fairly intuitive.

Spencer W.

• Customer Support Software

We use this everyday, its a requirement for most clients.

Reviewed on 08/06/2017

Results....

Pros

As an agency that's built its client list around Search Advertising expertise, we long struggled with ways to coach our small to medium-sized clients on the importance of lead scoring. When we discovered CallRail, it was almost like someone had purposefully designed a tool to permanently end our struggles. With CallRail, all of the minutiae of call tracking and scoring is handled by an easy and intuitive system. The options are right there for scoring and playback is as simple a process as could have been created.

Seriously, the controls are large, pronounced, and impossible to misinterpret. That's good UX right there. Now, we have a system that allows our clients to exercise Quality Control and gives us the data we need to prove ROI to clients who have a hard time making the connection between lead generation and closing the deal. After all, as a Paid Search agency we can only deliver the leads, we can't close them. So, we recommend CallRail to every single client we have ' no matter what they sell.

Cons

Better support for agencies that manage accounts, better admin system for multiple users, having to use multiple browser can be frustrating.

Jean J.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Consistently Excellent User Experience

Reviewed on 27/11/2019

I am able to call on behalf of my companies in real time with a localized telephone number. I am able to provide accurate calling data to my companies that contributes to my success.

Pros

I appreciate the ease of use on a daily basis. There is no need to "stop & think" about what you are doing but instead the methodology is so user friendly it becomes second nature to you. Saving time on the phone is a special gift CallRail gives to me each day.

Cons

I can honestly say there is really nothing that I don't like about the product. When I run into any difficulties I am able to reach out to specialized customer service person who walks me through my issues in a kind and patient manner each time, with no exceptions.

Jack W.

• Customer Support Software

Support is helpful and the overall platform is easy to use and fully-featured

Reviewed on 17/01/2019

Overall, CallRail is one of the best platforms for agencies looking to offer call tracking services to their clients, and provides a wealth of features and support to help you along the way to offering a fully-fledged call tracking solution.

Pros

CallRail is good for agencies, as it offers specific features to suit agencies, such as built-in margins, client billing, etc. Their customer support is helpful, and are willing to set up features for you. Using the platform is straightforward with everything being a guided process, along with a ton of support articles to go alongside.

Cons

Customer support, while helpful, are difficult to get ahold of at times. Their live chat is rarely available and there's no phone number for calling their support from outside the US. Additionally, their pricing only charges in dollars, making it difficult for agencies who work in GBP, in addition, their billing system often has issues when changing packages, causing it to charge inflated amounts.

• Industry: Financial Services Software

• Customer Support Software

I used CallRail to track a number of SEO campaigns.

Reviewed on 05/07/2018

Using call tracking through CallRail was a great way to keep our clients informed as well as see the direct results of tests and changes we made on client websites.

Pros

CallRail is very easy to use and the dashboard is great for showing how many calls are coming in and what results look like at a glance. Sorting through campaigns is super easy, and it's very easy to see all the campaigns you are running with a client all in one view, which is great. Setup is fairly easy, there aren't a lot of extra steps in creating new campaigns or making adjustments. The dynamic number insertion was fantastic for SEO and PPC campaigns. Not having a contract was also a plus and the pricing was very reasonable. It has integration with both Google Analytics and Google Adwords which makes attribution super easy too.

Cons

Occasionally I would have issues with the IT team of a client if they were running through phone trees on their end, but that's not something that call tracking seems to be able to figure out anyway. I really didn't have a lot to complain about.

• Industry: Consumer Electronics

• Customer Support Software

Great call tracking with keyword listening

Reviewed on 05/10/2019

Great experience overall. The platform is super simple. I have seen many other software copy them.

Pros

I love how helpful the keyword listening is in helping attributing the calls to their proper last touch channel.

Cons

Sometimes the dynamic inserted numbers fail and don’t collect the data that they would be for attribution.

Mike C.

My Favorite Call Tracking Service

Reviewed on 27/11/2018

We use it to track the results of our marketing campaign both in-house and for clients.

Pros

Very easy to set up. Doesn't take a lot of time. Can track both calls and forms.

Cons

There are issues from time to time with bad numbers. However, for the most part their customer service is quick to fix.

Rick M.

Awesome call system!

Reviewed on 17/07/2019

For the most part things are going well so far.

Pros

It has an intuitive interface to click together your call system. Plus, it has tracking numbers which can be useful.

Cons

It really needs a way to reuse branches of the system. I'm not happy that I have to duplicate things just to make it work. (Ex. If no one answers, send it to voicemail. If they press a certain buttons, send the call to our answering service. The list goes on.)

I THINK that CallRail is the one that adds the ?v=[string] to the end of our URLs, and that's bad practice. It makes it so if someone tries to share the link, then they copy the tracking code with it, thus throwing off our results. That really needs to be set in a cookie. However, I can't remember if that was a problem with CallRail or not, though.

Conner B.

• Customer Support Software

CallRail is the best call tracking software I've found

Reviewed on 29/06/2017

Pros

It's ease of use. While training is required for most software, this one is so intuitive that training needs are minimal

Cons

Sometimes, all the functionality is not clear. If it's not easily discoverable on its own, it still requires some training

CallRail is awesome.

Reviewed on 31/01/2018

Pros

I use CallRail for the phone system on two companies. Call rail lets you choose to either have your menus read in a high-quality TTS engine so you don't need to record your messages, or you can upload recordings for your menus.

It allows for easy call recording, voicemail boxes, forwarding to phone numbers in sequence, or pretty much anything else you could need.

Cons

There are three features I wish CallRail had.

1. Ability to construct the path of menus such that each path can be reused. (Ex. If I send someone to sales, I need CallRail to play a message telling the caller they're being transferred. If no one answers, they get sent to a general voicemail box. The same path happens again for Support, and the same happens for people looking for work. I need to maintain that path in 3 places.)

2. I wish they allowed people to use their voice to ask for someone instead of having to push a button. (With idiots trying to use their phone while driving, that could cause an accident.)

3. I wish they'd allow key people in the company to have their own extension. That would really help out when a client calls to speak to one of our contractors and we need to transfer the call to that contractor.

Response from CallRail

Thank you so much for this valuable feedback! We'd actually love to speak to you more about some of the feature requests you mentioned. If you're willing to chat with someone on our team about your use cases for these, please send me an email at [email protected] Hope to hear from you soon.

- Kate

Sean S.

• Customer Support Software

CallRail is an easy to use product.....we use it all the time and are happy to have it!

Reviewed on 08/08/2017

Pros

Love that we can get an email every time we get a call. This helps us immediately provide feedback to our employees on the quality of their call.

Cons

I don't like that the email listening function doesn't have more information about the call. Longer calls take too much time to review without the speed up function available in the email, so we have to log in to the website then.

Ahmed O.

• Customer Support Software

Good call tracking software for marketers

Reviewed on 05/03/2019

We have used it for a long time and it gets the job done.

Pros

Easily able to create new numbers by area code or 1800 numbers for clients, with customizable call flows.

Cons

It could contain a bit more features and functionality such as what is found in call tracking metrics

Jen M.

An Easy Solution for Tracking Calls

Reviewed on 24/11/2018

Pros

Being able to track phone calls from different verticals is a huge analytical advantage you can add to your marketing efforts. CallRail makes it simple to see which users are converting via phone calls and which channels are converting. You can record calls and set up whisper messages to make sure that you're compliant too which is very convenient.

Cons

The reporting isn't always the easiest to understand, setting up numbers is pretty easy, but making heads or tails from the different channels can be difficult if you don't set everything else up correctly.

• Industry: Law Practice

Easy Call Tracking

Reviewed on 13/11/2018

Overall, great company. We are new users and have a lot to learn, however, their customer service is second to none so we know that we will be expert users in no time!

Pros

I like that we receive updates weekly that provide us with information regarding our website/call traffic.

Cons

I find that our inner office call tracking and Call Rail's call tracking numbers are always off by one or two each week.

Steve P.

Love CALL RAIL

Reviewed on 30/08/2016

I am very happy with Call Rail, I started to guarantee my services to all my clients if my advertising din't work I will give your money back..Call Rail helped me increase my sales immediately ..
Thank you Call Rail..

Pros

It's super easy to get any information from my mobile device..

Cons

I don't have any cons about this service..

Steve G.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Call Tracking for a Modern Business

Reviewed on 01/11/2018

Pros

The UI is very nice, the tracking seems to do a very good job and is accurate. I love the ability to record calls and add numbers at will.

Cons

It can be hard to convey the information proved to clients at times.

Courtney G.

Awesome Tool and Great Customer Service

Reviewed on 27/10/2016

CallRail helped us to be able to track leads that came from our website all the way through our funnel. Before, we were only able to see how many site visitors entered the funnel and now we can attribute each purchase to a source and ensure our marketing dollars are being well spent.

Michael M.

Better than the competition

Reviewed on 05/12/2016

Switched from Callfire to Callrail and absolutely loving the change. Interface is much nicer and you can call outbound from all your numbers. At the time of this review that is not possible with Callfire.

Great call management tool.

Reviewed on 14/03/2019

Pros

The ability to record calls and replay them with auto transcribe for training purposes. The fact that there's an option to inform the party that the call is being recorded.

Cons

Would be great to have call forwarding, ability to put people on hold, etc.

Kyle W.

Great Product & Functionality

Reviewed on 24/03/2017

This is an overall great product. The basic functions work flawlessly. The somewhat confusing website layout is steadily improving with each update.

• Used Other for 1-5 months

• Customer Support Software

More tracking for marketers to prove ROI

Reviewed on 22/09/2019

This was a great way to track conversions through multiple channels, however, I would recommend sticking with Google Adwords and other methods of conversion tracking unless you actually want to listen to calls for QA purposes.

Pros

CallRail can be a great way to track phone calls through multiple marketing channels and actually monitor those phone calls for QA.

Cons

Many clients do not want their phone number to be different on different communication channels. This can pose a problem when trying to implement.

Robert R.
  • Industry: Higher Education Software

• Customer Support Software

Our marketing team used this when calling to promote an event we were having.

Reviewed on 15/06/2017

The main benefit was to streamline potential leads in order to maximize our calling.

Pros

Really liked the automated lead scoring tool. Our callers used the Lead Status function to make follow up calls and it helped close the participants into registering for our event. It was easier to focus on good leads because of this than wasting time on those who scored low and were probably not interested in our event.

Cons

The call flow builder took some of the staff a little while to learn and get used to. But once they did it was easy for them to use.