Act-On

Growth marketing automation platform

4.3 /5 (246 reviews) Write a Review!

Bethany D.

• Customer Support Software

Act-on is an easy to use and robust marketing tool.

Reviewed on 20/06/2019

Our sales team is massively impressed with the capabilities and insights that Act-on provides through the integration with our CRM tool. We have been able to message leads with the right message at the right time easily and are able to have a hands off approach when it comes to funneling leads to our sales team. The value Act-on has added has been worth it.

Pros

Most actions are very intuitive and the tool is easy to navigate.

Cons

Our onboarding experience wasn't the best, but Act-on has since implemented a new onboarding process that involves thorough training and set-up. We went to the bootcamp later and we are pleased that Act-on now offers that at the kickoff for other customers.

Response from Act-On Software

Hi Bethany,
Thank you for posting your review! We appreciate your feedback and love that you're a fan of Act-On!
Cheers,

Russell K.
  • Industry: Banking
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Act-On's strengths are it's customizability and robust features.

Reviewed on 29/11/2018

Great piece of marketing and survey software. Very powerful and can have multiple uses in almost any organization.

Pros

Act-On's back end really customizable and you're able to make your emails look exactly how you want. The landing pages you make are able to capture documents (like jpgs or PDFs) so participants can upload files making it really easy to download all the attachments along with their responses at once.

I also appreciated the ability to schedule survey reminders to participants in advance and to cross check that with live results. This means that you could schedule a reminder to go out at 8AM tomorrow, but if someone completed the survey at 7:59AM, they wouldn't receive the reminder. Great feature.

Cons

It's very admin and training heavy. The software is not intuitive and you need to setup the pieces of the survey/email first (I.e landing pages, contact list, etc) before you start working on the actual survey or email.

Response from Act-On Software

Hi Russell,
Thanks for taking the time to post a review. It's great to hear about what you appreciate about Act-On and what we could improve upon. I encourage you to check out and leverage the Act-On User Community as a great resource for tips, tricks and troubleshooting. You can access it here: https://community.act-on.com/home
Thanks again!

• Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Great Automation Program, Especially for SugarCRM Users

Reviewed on 25/11/2019

Pros

Great support and product learning program. The integration with our CRM and overall features/ease-of-use was excellent. It was a pleasure working with their team.

Cons

I'd like to have more in-person user group opportunities to discuss best practices.

Response from Act-On Software

Thank you so much for the positive feedback! We actually did a user group series this fall (London, Irvine, Chicago) and will do many more in 2020. Hopefully, you can join us in 2020. In the meantime, I would encourage you to leverage Act-On Connect, our customer portal and the vibrant community to share best practices and pose your questions. You can find it here: https://connect.act-on.com/hc/en-us

Bryan B.

Best Cost-Effective Marketing Automation Software

Reviewed on 18/06/2014

Our company has tried different Marketing vendors, and not every experience has been a pleasant one. This is why I can say with confidence that Act-On is the best Marketing Software that we have found. Not only do they deliver a great product, but the customer experience has been stellar from Day One. You can really feel they care about their customers and I especially love the fact that I am not treated like just a client number. It's always great to find a vendor that takes such great care of their clients.

Our Product Management and Marketing Teams are definitely #TeamActOn! One of the things that Act-On does better is their Salesforce integration which works both ways, meaning that no matter where the lead information originates, it will synchronize correctly as it should, which was not the case with other software we tried.

Act-On's out-of-the-box Webinar integration with GoToMeeting and WebEx simply works and there's no need to purchase or subscribe to additional "Apps" as was the case with other Marketing platforms.

We really appreciate their service--it has helped our Marketing Team be more efficient and take our Marketing campaigns to the next level. Did I mention that our Sales Team loves seeing who's visiting our website? They even have their own Act-On Tab in Salesforce with leads in their territory based on Act-On's lead scoring.

I feel that Act-On provides the best value from the marketing software that I've personally vetted. They recognize that sometimes you don't market to the same individuals all the time, which is why their pricing model is based on the number of active contacts you e-mail each month. Unlike other vendors, you are not locked into a 12-month or greater commitment contract. The contract is on a monthly basis and you can cancel at anytime--they truly earn our business on an ongoing basis.

If I had to change anything, I would probably request for greater reporting capabilities when it comes to integrating our Google AdWords campaign, but it looks like they plan on rolling out some improvements in that area soon. Overall, Act-On is a great service and we plan on being a customer for many years to come.

Layne L.
  • Industry: Publishing

• Customer Support Software

This is really a marketing tool that has build some features for salespeople

Reviewed on 19/07/2018

Pros

I like that it will track my emails and log them to our CRM (Microsoft Dynamics). I like that I can get a daily email letting me know of known and anonymous visitors to our website.

Cons

It's clunky to try and track down a specific email to see if the recipient has interacted with it. This is really a tool that is more valuable to marketing, but has built some features that are being sold as a sales tool. It's a nice to have, but not a need for sales.

Response from Act-On Software

Hi Layne,
Thanks for posting your review of Act-On. We value your feedback and really appreciate your candor.
If you haven't already, I'd encourage you to check out the Act-On User Community at https://community.act-on.com/home
It's a great place to share feedback and product suggestions with the Product team and exchange best practices with fellow users.
Thanks!

Constant D.

• Customer Support Software

surprised (not a good way)

Reviewed on 14/01/2019

Let met take an example. You want to create a decent marketing automation campaign. For this, you need to create landing pages but first, landing pages templates. oh, I want forms in it so lets create some forms templates to create a form for this landing page template. You do your landing page etc.. and you need to change something in the form. You must go to forms, edit the form to modify it in the templates..... Why not on the go actions ? this would make so much less clicks and back and forth actions... The preview mode for the landing pages is not very a preview mode because you can't really preview all things (like hoovering colors changing on a button, actions on buttons etc) so what is the point ? Maybe I don't really understand your way of thinking but the tool seems to be made by programmers who are not really into User Experience and User Friendly stuffs.
This is maybe a bit too critical but this is my honest review of a intense user.

Pros

We like the fact that is it powerfull and we have so much possibility with it

Cons

BUT the way to get things done is not very straight foreward. for example, you don't have any customer support - just deal with the manual and the community (this business model is used by sub brand of big brands), the fact that it is not very user friendly (no possibility to edit pictures directly in the landing pages / emails..).

• Industry: Wholesale

Satisfied with product

Reviewed on 14/09/2018

I think Act-On is a great tool for marketing. I've been using it for the past year and a half and finally feel confident with it. It does take time to understand everything, but customer service and the free webinars have been a huge help.

Pros

Once you figure it out, it's a very simple tool to use and can be easily accessed.

Cons

The form set-up. I think the set-up is complicated & could use some tweaking. I don't like that you have to create a new form (when pulling the data) if you add anything new into the original form.

Response from Act-On Software

Thanks for posting your review. I hope you'll check out the Act-On User Community...it's a great resource for best practices, tips, tricks and sharing your product suggestions.

Richard A.

Fully Featured Marketing Automation Solution for Right User

Reviewed on 27/09/2016

ACT-ON is a very powerful marketing automation tool that we decided upon after much research. It allows a great deal of work in segmentation, customer behavior analysis, etc. However, at $600/mo plus the $450 a month for the Salesforce CRM that we used with it, it was too much expense and, as a very small company, we were not able to take advantage of the features. Support is TREMENDOUS with this company and that goes a long way. We're dropping Act-On for now but if we grow to the size of a company that can afford a full-time marketing person and who can devote the time necessary to utilize all the great tools, we would definitely look at them again.

Pros

Great features
Support

Cons

Price
Contract length term

• Industry: Translation & Localization

Act-On review

Reviewed on 10/09/2018

Pros

Act-On is a very good Marketing tool which has been very helpful in my emailing campaigns, creation of forms, polls, landing pages, lead generation, media library hosting, and integration with our CRM.

Cons

Sometimes the Customer support can be a bit slow. We have also found the tool stalls at times, though rarely.

Response from Act-On Software

Thank you for your feedback. We love hearing from customers.

Kasey M.

Act-On Review

Reviewed on 10/09/2018

Pros

The customer support, they are very quick to respond and follow-up.

Cons

The ease of use you could be improved. More tutorials on new features.

Response from Act-On Software

Hi Kasey! Thanks for your review. I encourage you to check out Act-On's User Community for additional resources and best practice tips. You'll find it here: https://community.act-on.com/home

Shalia S.
  • Industry: Accounting Software

Resourceful Marketing Automation

Reviewed on 27/06/2019

Their support is amazing now that they have the live chat option.

Pros

Bang for your buck since it is priced off of contacts. Other competitors charge by emails sent, which can be more expensive.

Cons

Not intuitive if it's your first time using it.

Response from Act-On Software

Hi Shalia,
Thanks so much for posting your review! We love customer feedback and are so glad to hear you're an Act-On enthusiast and like the new live chat support option.

• Industry: Insurance Software

Dynamic AND user friendly - perfect!

Reviewed on 26/11/2019

Our team are really happy with the metrics and insights available through Act-On.

Pros

The best thing is that you can be extra specific when targeting customers. The interface and metrics are major plus points too.

Cons

The setting up process wasn't great to be honest. Although I'm told they have improved this massively.

Response from Act-On Software

Thanks so much for sharing your feedback and posting a review. We love hearing from customers!
Cheers,

Matt K.
  • Industry: Insurance Software

Great Marketing Software

Reviewed on 13/10/2016

First off the Training and Support teams are amazing. They will hold your hand through the whole intake process. The email template builder is easy to use and it creates professional looking emails. It will track all of your website traffic and it will show you where you traffic is coming from. Great tool for small businesses!

Kari K.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Amazing!

Reviewed on 25/07/2017

Pros

I love the ease of use, the availability for myself a non designer to make professional looking emails and execute them quickly with tracking that makes my job analyzing the response rate incredibly easy!

Cons

There's nothing I don't like.. just need a bit more training. I haven't dove deep enough to understand it all. One of my biggest complaints is that our CRM isn't completely compatible.

Automation at it's finest

Reviewed on 09/01/2019

Overall, I love Act-On for its easy to use automation and form creation. It's priced well and easy to sync with Salesforce.

Pros

Act-On is very easy to set up automation campaigns. The sync between Act-On and Salesforce is flawless. The email drag and drop builder works great and is very custom once you get used to it. Forms are very easy to create and implement.

Cons

Listing is horrible. You can't search the entire database for an individual user. You have to know what list they are in and perform the search within the list. Sometimes the server can be buggy.

Response from Act-On Software

Thanks for taking the time to post a review. We value your feedback. Check out the Act-On User Community. It's a great resource for best practices, tips, tricks and is a good place to make product suggestions. You'll find it here: https://community.act-on.com/home

Summer C.

• Customer Support Software

Very happy with marketing automation selection.

Reviewed on 07/04/2015

Pros

The vendor is by far one of the best I have ever worked with. They have spent hours with us on any issue that has come up, and truly been a resource during implementation. The product is excellent and the product management team listens to feedback to adjust and enhance Act-On.

Cons

There were a few kinks in rollouts for upgrades to the software but that was nearly 8 months ago and their process is much more streamlined.

Elliott B.

Blagh!

Reviewed on 07/11/2018

Their sales department is good at selling this product, the reality is that it's not very good.

Pros

We started using this as an alternative to similar features in SalesForce. It does have a ton of features and integrates with many other systems.

Cons

We've had nothing but trouble with this since the beginning. Even after two years we still have random issues (services disconnecting) which can take hours to repair. The bulk emails we send from Act-On consistently end up in spam folders and customer support gives us the run around about how to fix it, usually we end up spending hours just to prove to them that this is actually happening.

Response from Act-On Software

Hi Elliott,
Thanks for your feedback. I'm sorry you've been frustrated. I would encourage you to attend our upcoming deliverability webinar on November 15th. You'll learn best practices for ensuring your emails land in inboxes. You may register here: https://success.act-on.com/acton/fs/blocks/showLandingPage/a/9883/p/p-0630/t/page/fm/0
I would also encourage you to check out the Act-On User Community as well. It's a great resource for users to share tips and tricks. https://community.act-on.com/home

Steve T.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Best Marketing Automation Tool Out There

Reviewed on 08/07/2014

Pros

I like Act-on because it is simple. It is clean and does what I want it to do. If I have an issue, I can just call or email someone at Act-on, and they will drop everything to help me fix my issue and get me back to my task. I've been using it for almost four years now and have never thought, "Boy, we need to find another tool." It just keeps getting better because they actually listen to their users. The community is very active, and it makes you feel good to know that your comments are being seen and are changing the future of this tool.

Cons

They have been limited on their choices of stock email templates, but in August 2014, they are releasing a new builder, which should fix this tiny problem.

Liz S.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

B2B Company Looking for Marketing Automation Software

Reviewed on 06/06/2017

during our trail the team was responsive. In the end the ability to capture Google Analytics from our marketing automation activities steered us towards another solution

Pros

the software was fairly intuitive, easy to understand/navigate. I really liked the dashboard and quick navigation links

Cons

the landing pages and email created in the software could not be linked to our company's Google Analytics page

• Customer Support Software

Love the implementation process and overall ease of use

Reviewed on 07/09/2018

Pros

Easy to use and loved the act on university when implementing.

Cons

When customer support was out for a few months.

Response from Act-On Software

Thanks for posting. We appreciate it!

Faisal K.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

• Customer Support Software

A must have tool for anyone in Marketing

Reviewed on 04/03/2015

Pros

What I like best is having a wide variety of useful information easily accessible in a single software product. Website tracking, email campaign tracking, tracking assets, tracking social media, and more are always just a click away.

Cons

The overall look of the interface. I think it needs a facelift to look more modern.

Rosina F.
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

• Customer Support Software

Decent if you already have it and infrequently email. There are better solutions at lower...

Reviewed on 07/09/2018

It was an existing solution where I currently work. I put it through its paces and we quickly outgrew our plan, but to grow with Act-on is expensive since they price based on number of monthly sends and not contacts in your system, which becomes very costly if you want to email customers and prospects more than once a month. We ultimately went with a different solution where the pricing is based on active contacts, offers unlimited sends and more robust functionality at a far cheaper price.

Pros

It is easy to set up from addresses for different email sends.

Cons

Constantly watching the ticker to see when/if we're going to reach our monthly send allotment, and we have

Jennifer T.

• Customer Support Software

Not what it says on the tin!

Reviewed on 27/02/2018

Pros

As a basic bulk emailing tool for a small business it is fine, however it is an expensive emailing tool.

Cons

The integration with Salesforce is terrible, there are numerous bugs in the system which make using it very difficult and setting up a basic automated programme is impossible without doing work arounds to get it working, making it a lengthy process and costing the team too much time. Not worth the money.

Miguel R.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

great easy to use UI

Reviewed on 13/09/2018

Pros

easy to use user interface, very good friendly support staff

Cons

nothing, the best I have used to date, have a hard time finding something to criticize, but support did lag a few times

Response from Act-On Software

Hi Miguel.
Thank you for being an Act-On customer and enthusiast. We love hearing your feedback and appreciate you posting a review.

Happy Marketing from our team to yours!

• Industry: Medical Devices
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Great!

Reviewed on 14/09/2018

Pros

I like how easy it is to use this software. They have made things very simple from uploading lists to creating a drip campaign, to the actual design of the email.

Cons

The only thing that I can think of would be to have a couple more templates. But the selection they have is good.

Response from Act-On Software

Thank you! We love hearing customer feedback and appreciate that you took the time to post a review. So glad you find Act-On easy to use.

Happy marketing!