Wix

6746 Software options

Irma J.

Wix is a Journey

Reviewed on 21/10/2021

It has been beneficial having Wix to be a nice platform to advertise my business and market. It is a decent program to you however I just wish that it was better. And if you’re going to charge as much to charge at least have features in applications that actually work.

Pros

I like that the Wix is easy to use after an experienced person walks you through how to use the system. I didn’t find it a bit challenging at first with utilizing the features in finding out what I needed in the system to help me make the website best for our businesses needs.
It did take about two months for me to really get well accustomed to using wicks his features that I need to use on a regular basis. However there are some features that we’re not available immediately that my business does need to use so I ended up having to purchase another program in order to get what I needed out of it which is more costly in the long run. Because they do not have forms that function well for my schools needs, I had to make more of an investment. It also said that the zoom feature would now work well with wicks. I still have to screenshot a new code every week and send it to our clients for our weekly class for a group sessions.

Cons

Zoom integration sucks. There are a lot of things that businesses need to be able to do to be functional and a lot of those things were not available on WIX. It would be nice for weeks to be a lot easier to use even for a new person learning how to use the system. I think that they charge a bit much for utilizing weeks considering all that Wix does not offer and you have to go out of pocket to purchase and do additional work to get what you need.

WordPress and Weebly

Reasons for Switching to Wix

I wanted to test it out and see how well it would work. I also noticed that a lot of website designer’s on five or had a lot more experience on Wix website as opposed to some other websites
Jaze P.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Where Would I Be Without Wix

Reviewed on 24/08/2021

I love using Wix. I couldn't be happier using Wix. Once I was done making my very first website I was pleased with the end result. I didn't struggle with anything, I got great support when I needed it and I would definitely recommend it to anyone who wants to build their very first website.

Pros

When starting to make a website for yourself, by yourself, there is no better solution than Wix for a novice user. Create a professional looking website for your business in a couple of hours using the many templates offered by Wix without needing a coding background at all. Make beautiful, customizable websites with ease and at an affordable rate too. You can't go wrong with this platform, the customer support is so on-point, you'll be pleased with the service you get from them.

Cons

I would like to see Wix improve on their SEO capabilities though, I sometimes don't rank as high in Google as I would like to so I use additional software to boost my web presence.

Reasons for Switching to Wix

I was a bit intimidated by the whole WordPress movement, plus I already knew someone using the Wix platform who was far from being tech-savvy yet had an awesome website that she created by herself... I had to give it a shot after that.
Barry R.

• Customer Support Software

Above average product and performance with sub-par customer service

Reviewed on 09/10/2021

Overall, Wix has made the process of creating and managing our website easier.

Pros

I've have been using the free version of Wix since 2010 and the premium version since 2017. It is one of the easiest website builders out there with a variety of pre-made, highly customizable templates to choose from. Its drag and drop editor is easy and intuitive and has a decent number of integrations available. It is perfect for small and medium-sized businesses that don't have over complicated requirements when it comes to a website.

Another thing I like is the ADI which serves as a website design assistant. It makes it easy to initially set up the site.

Cons

Once you start using a theme, you can't change it while keeping the content, you need to choose another te plate or theme and start putting together the content from scratch.

Their customer service is one of the worst I have encountered. No chat or phone support for the UK and you're supposed to create a ticket for some of the smallest queries. Half the time they take days (sometimes weeks) to get back to you.

Weebly

Reasons for Choosing Wix

We wanted something that was easy to use.

Reasons for Switching to Wix

Ease of use, better-looking themes, and templates.
Norma estela R.
  • Industry: Broadcast Media
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

• Customer Support Software

The pros and cons of purchasing Wix

Reviewed on 05/10/2021

In general I like the designs, I find them too attractive and I know that I have not been able to find them in any other software, but in any case I could go with another program that despite not giving me such attractive templates, I know I could modify them and at no cost. I recommend it if you have the money to pay and have not tried other options.

Pros

I liked the versatility, they were very creative with the default templates, the colors are more than eye catching and overall it is intuitive to use. On the other hand, the general presentation and the explosion of colors invite to use it and help to exploit creativity, although in general there are few changes that would be made to any design, if it were not for the name and content.

Cons

Price. The price seems high to me and there are other ways to design a web page for free, besides there are countless new applications that give you good ideas to start at no cost; I would also like them to say precisely how the costs will be handled and not just hook you in and then raise the prices.

Reasons for Choosing Wix

I thought Wix would be a better option but for now I think I will look for other options.

For the advertisement
Lakshmi R.

Easy to build websites with Wix

Reviewed on 11/08/2021

You could provide a plan with Ascend tools and all the features as a package like WordPress instead of selling features separately. I love how empowering it feels when your tool can make laymen build sites. But these very laymen cannot handle SSL failures. So it's better if the software helps people on this front along with improving the customer service portal

Pros

I love how I was able to build my own website without any technical experience. I felt so happy to use the drag and drop feature and the e-commerce store I was able to build out of this website builder. SEO is always on point and helps me manage on-site SEO without anyone's help.

Cons

I did not like how my site did not show up as a secure site although I had purchased SSL along with the website. This was so disheartening and I decided to finally give up this website and changed the website builder altogether.

Reasons for Switching to Wix

WordPress was costly for me when I started and Wix seemed affordable.
Zahra H.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Back to WordPress

Reviewed on 22/10/2021

Pros

Initially what attracted our client was the ease of use and drag n drop thing. Once we started to implement the design and templates, we realised the customisation was a nightmare. Support was very helpful. But this wasn't for us. If you want a quick website at low cost, Wix is the way forward. Its minimalist and effective for cookie cut themes and businesses...

Cons

Customisation. We few templates but the kept hitting problems so just decided to move to WordPress

Reasons for Switching to Wix

Client wanted it and we not in favour of it, which is why we switched to WP
Papa arona P.
  • Industry: Warehousing
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

incredible website builder

Reviewed on 29/10/2021

Wix Templates are ready-made website templates that you can customize to make your own website. This is really the strong point of Wix, they offer an impressive gallery of Site Templates classified by Categories, for any type of activity.
The Wix editor is easy to use.
The editor works in true drag-and-drop mode which gives you a great freedom of creation. You can place the elements absolutely anywhere on the page. In terms of design, Wix is simply the best editor I have tested so far.
The Wix platform provides technical means to implement the SEO strategy that you have previously defined.
Another originality of Wix that I appreciate is the possibility to add features to your website as you need them. You simply pick applications (also called Widgets) from the App Market provided by Wix or other external providers.
These applications enrich your website with additional tools and services such as an image gallery, a blog, a news feed, a list of Facebook fans, Twitter...
The integration of an application is very simple, and is done in one click! This gives a real added value to your website.
You can create a good quality Blog with Wix by activating the Blog module on a page. There are 6 predefined layouts for the Blog, but you can customize a lot more.
The article editor is nice and well designed as you can see in the image above. It is very easy to add text, images or even video.
The online help is easily accessible from any element of the editor.

Pros

- Clean and professional design.
- Easy to create.
- Very affordable budget, good quality/price ratio
- Intuitive tool and quick to learn.
- Presence of basic site optimization parameters (SEO)
- Range of applications to add features to your site (eg: booking, email marketing, calendar, ads ... etc)
- Easy contact management with Wix's holistic contact management

Cons

- No access to the HTML/CSS source code
- No email address associated with your domain name
- In case of design change, you have to redo all the content
- Wix doesn't provide the analytics for its free plan.

Steve T.

• Customer Support Software

After 15 years of use I still love it!

Reviewed on 28/08/2021

Dispute the non existent customer service I have loved wix.

Pros

I’ve been using Wix for over 15 years and I still love it! The sites are still fast, very easy to build a great looking site, and they have a lot of great templates! I also love the other features they offer such as the AI web designer, logo designer, mailbox options, and even business number.

I’ve designed hundreds of sites through wix and I absolutely love wix! There are a few annoyances which I’ll list below.

Cons

The biggest thing for me is the customer service. Whenever I’ve had technical issues they really have been hard to contact and not quick to respond.

The other issue I have is the business phone number. It really is disappointing. When a call comes through it displays my business name, not who’s calling. So I can’t see if it’s a client or spam (and spam happens a lot). I contacted them about this several times and never heard back. Stick with Sideline in my opinion.

Reasons for Switching to Wix

I could write a very long section here but I’ll just say Wix runs circles around Squarespace. I tried going to Squarespace from wix because it was supposed to be so easy but once I wanted to customize anything it was either harder than wix or just not possible. Wix hands don is still the best.
Diane H.

Easy to Use and Deploy

Reviewed on 16/07/2021

I'm very satisfied with WIX but would love for them to update some of their functionality.

Pros

Wix is a powerful drag and drop web editor. It has a full suite of strips and components that make designing the site easy and quick. It's easy to update the SEO and to customize the site to anything you want. Font selection is great and the ability to upload additional google fonts is advantageous. BONUS: The app tracks visitors and lets you know when someone is interacting with your site.

Cons

The inability to switch templates is problematic. So when a person needs to update the site to a new look and feel, it's time intensive. The mobile editor is entirely too limited. In a mobile first world, we need a whole suite of editing options. Also, consistency between pages can be problematic. It would be ideal to put in pixel ratios and height maximums.

Reasons for Switching to Wix

Squarespace only offers a 14 day trial. That's not enough time to overcome the learning curve and test out site development.
Matthew B.

WIX Works

Reviewed on 05/06/2021

We were able to lockdown our domain and intergrate with other services to provide a robust and affordable solution. WIX has been great and the graphic presentation excellent.

Pros

Easy to deploy, Ease of use, ease of management and reasonably priced solution makes an easy decision for us to continue using WIX.

Cons

No complaints about the software. A few years ago it would be there's too much-- they keep improving and adding/changing. This is what is truly cool about using WIX is that they do not remain static in a everchanging world with changing needs.

Go Sitebuilder

Reasons for Choosing Wix

The website was unexciting and did not engage our parishoners and was difficult to manage.

Reasons for Switching to Wix

Graphics! The numerous layouts and graphics that WIX provides is top notch.
Charles E.
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

• Customer Support Software

Simple and easy to setup and use for small businesses

Reviewed on 03/06/2021

I have built sites using about every WYSIWYG tool on the market. My go-to is actually Wordpress but I've found that can be a bit cumbersome for really small companies. That one person or 5 person company doesn't need the maintenance headache of a big extensible website. Get something out the door so customers can find you in a day or three is way better than hiring a consultant and putting a lot of time and effort. At least until product-market fit has been identified. The templates in Wix do half the work for us and moving objects around on the screen is easy! It's a great buy for the money.

Pros

I like how simple it is to buy a domain, design a logo, build a quick site, and be selling goods or services or have a nicely SEO-optimized site in minutes or hours rather than days or years. They have graphics that are simple to drag and drop, forms are easy, even booking appointments isn't that difficult. For a basic website, there are few tools on the market that make it as easy!

Cons

Form builders, embedding content, and adding more customizable slide shows without making them seem hard could be better. Also, moving from the really easy stuff to slightly more customizable stuff seems scarier than it needs to be when prompted that once you allow full customization that we can't go back. That's not a big deal at all (still no HTML required).

Serena R.
  • Used for 2+ years

• Customer Support Software

We can all use it (at least on the easy version)

Reviewed on 20/05/2021

Extra: As I said before, I've been working on Wix during the last month. I'm not designing a normal website, I'm doing an interactive infographic (whaaaaat???). Yes, Design teachers offered us some websites to design this kind of infographics, truth is that there are many tools thought for this task, such as genial.ly, but no one offers really interactive and versatile choices as wix does. It's really confortable to makek this kind of interactions on a website designer.
Needless to say i'm not using templates, I design everything on Ai and Ps and add them to the UI as pictures or vectors.

Some years before, I first used this app for making a portfolio, in that moment I used a template, but I changed it a lot so it didn't look like my classmates websites. One more point for me, one more point for Wix!

Pros

Personally speaking, i'm not in favor of using templates, and I think any properly called designer should. But, we must understand this app is not thought for designers only, so, templates designs are not bad at all. They are quite simple, customizable and versatile no matter what you need to show on your website. They look so modern too!

I don't think it's the best tool for a complete business website but, for example, it's useful to design menus, cataloges, present a brand, or even yourself (portfolios), usign it as a tool to complement your job. -At least with templates, the blank design tool will give you more chances to show whatever you want.-

For the most experienced designers I sugest working on vectorial and photographic apps at first, and do never use templates, but your resources with the interactions the UI offers.

Cons

About the cons, I don't think this app has many limitations for a normal user, but designers could have some issues.
During the last month I've been working there and the limitation I found was that "cursor effects" are only available on boxes, so if I want to put this effect on an object, I need to put a square box over the object. Altough boxes are invisible, it really changes the experience.
Something similar happens with vectors (properly saved on .svg). If you want to made them clickable, the square that delimitates its form will be clickable too, really unconfortable.

I never needed to conect a domain, but plans are quite expensive among other apps, check what's better for you.

Zandrich M.

Wix: Web Development Bulwark

Reviewed on 18/05/2021

My experience with Wix kicked off when they launched their HTML platform in 2012; a year later, I would find myself using Wix to study HTML by dissecting pre-built modules and whole websites in order to gain insight into their operation - then appropriating that knowledge to my own projects.

By late 2015, I was firmly established as a freelancer, offering web development as a service to my clients; it was then that I realised some projects need not be built from scratch, but instead were better suited for Wix - I used my existing knowledge of HTML, paired with the Wix platform, to build clean, fully-functional websites for my clients in no time at all, cutting costs and saving time for both myself and my clients. More recently, I've utilised Wix to help establish a presence on the internet for two of my startup companies.

I am very satisfied with Wix overall, and, as both developer and end-user, I've found no fault with their services over the course of six years.

Pros

Wix was designed and developed with untrained users in mind, people who work in fields unrelated to web development as a whole - the result is a simple, easy-to-use platform for basic web development, all without the need to spend two (or more) years mastering the HTML, Java, CSS and/or PHP languages. Overall, Wix has had a profound impact the success of small/medium startups, and will continue to disrupt the market by providing a means of developing beautiful websites to entrepreneurs for years to come.

Cons

The greatest downfall for Wix, and any similar service, is the nature of the service itself; using templates and ready-made code in order to work around building the website from scratch has as many benefits as it has downsides - for most, the functionality provided by Wix is absolutely sufficient, but for others the need for specialised functionality not facilitated by Wix will require hands-on coding and building.

Wix has been working around this problem by making the code accessible, and providing a more-than-adequate editor with which to amend the pre-written code, all the while expanding on the available code behind the tools a user can implement on a Wix site - ultimately, though, Wix does not support the full functionality behind HTML, Java, etc. that one would have access to when developing a website from scratch.

Megan J.

• Customer Support Software

Highly recommended for beginners!

Reviewed on 05/04/2021

I initially created my website through Bluehost and WordPress but found it to be more complicated than I would have liked. Bluehost offered a lot more flexibility than I needed for my small site so Wix worked out fine for me. I wish I would have initially started with Wix. I recommend it to anyone just starting out with website building.

Pros

Wix is incredibly easy to use and doesn't require any coding experience. Wix has easy drag and drop options which makes creating your website really simple, honestly, anyone can do it. They also have a lot of customization options and templates so that you can make your website look the way you want. Another thing I love is Wix's customer service. They always respond super fast and getting connected with someone on the phone isn't hard at all. Of all the times I contacted them via phone there was no wait time and I was able to speak with someone right away. As a business owner, making sure my website is up and running correctly is incredibly important so choosing a website builder with good customer service was a must for me.

Cons

Going from Bluehost to Wix, it was clear that there wasn't as much freedom and flexibility with Wix. There aren't multiple hosting options to choose from with Wix and while Wix does have customization options, there aren't nearly as many as with Bluehost. Wix also isn't the best for large websites and is better suited for smaller, simple, sites.

Wendy C.

User Friendly Website Builder

Reviewed on 02/12/2020

Overall , I am a happy Wix user so far.
Everything in WIX is a no-brainer. Even if you do, there's always a friendly help support team to ask around with. So, go ahead and try it out. Building a website wouldn't be a headache with WIX ;)

Pros

I really like how versatile WIX is. You can basically be as creative as you want in building your own website. Even if you are not as creative , the beautiful templates given are enough to make you choose the perfect design. Or you can even let WIX to do the site building job for you as they have a very convenient and intelligent . Just answer a few questions and let Wix to start building your website. You just need to make some personal touch and that will be guided by Wix as well.

I love the fact that there is a cropping tool which can really cut off your time if you're not a photoshop user. The tool gives you the simplest way to crop out background and saving you lots of time.

Also, another thing to love is that how simple it is to integrate other software into wix . Even if you are from a zero coding background, integration becomes easy as ABC and that's no joke.

Cons

I have to say that I didn't like the fact that most widgets added in Wix are some add on feature which require you sign up and pay. I have to say as convenient they are, the usage is quite limited and the price is somewhat expensive. For example, there is a limit for the forms and subscribers name lists .
Hence, as a user, we have required to use 3rd party software to be integrated such as Zapier and Hubspot.
I just realized that by using Wix as a website, it means that you are bound to use it for the rest of your life as you cannot transfer your site to some other site builders.
It wouldnt be much of a big deal if you have already done it as the features in Wix are quite comprehensive and useful.

Reasons for Switching to Wix

I have heard how Wordpress is easily hacked by others so I decided to choose Wix in the end because so far, I have only heard good security about Wix.
Jeff M.

Wix - the Solution for Ease of Web Launches

Reviewed on 23/09/2020

If I were a small business looking for a simple, easy to manage website that just needs to highlight the top information of my business in a slick and creative way then Wix would be my solution. Wix is built for spinning up a cool site asap at a reasonable cost. Very impressive for the swim lane they play in.

Pros

Incredibly easy to start and set up an account and get designing. Wix is a breeze to work with and the design/template options are outstanding and professional. A simple site looks like a work of art in a short amount of time. It's definitely not for everyone but for personal or small business (nion-ecomm) sites Wix is a great solution.

Cons

This is not a platform if you need multiple or heavy integrations of ecomm, erp, APIs. Wix is definitely of value for small business. It also has a reoccurring subscription plan so we're tied into that monthly cost but it's well worth it.

Reasons for Choosing Wix

Wix was way easier to launch and fit the needs of our small business site. Wordpress is great but far heavier in implementation and we would need constant admin updates and personnel to manage - Wix was easily the better choice for what we needed.

Reasons for Switching to Wix

It was a hard decision as they really have some of the same features and both are easy to use and comparative in price. We simply liked Wix's UI a bit better.

User Friendly Product!

Reviewed on 23/09/2020

Overall, Wix is my favorite web page. As someone who doesn't know HTML and CSS, Wix makes creating a customizable and unique site easy. The stock photos are also a great touch and add sophistication to any website.

Pros

I love how the themes were so easily customizable! I've used dozens of web developers but Wix is easily my favorite. You can select a theme from a catalog of beautifully designed themes and add/remove whatever you want. The designers made developing a beautiful, original, and personalized site easy and effortless. The stock photos made available are also awesome!

Cons

I don't have much to complain about. But if I had to something, I would say what I like least about this software is the how difficult it is to undo progress from previous sessions. I wish I could reload older versions of my webpage.

Shopify

Reasons for Choosing Wix

Squarespace was too rigid for me and difficult to undo mistakes.

Reasons for Switching to Wix

Wix was the most user friendly.
Reilly C.

• Customer Support Software

A quick and easy way to build a website

Reviewed on 18/02/2020

I have created a couple of simple websites for clients to go along with branding projects, as well as keeping my personal portfolio up to date as a Wix site, and it has proved to be very effective for those purposes.

Pros

Wix has been a lifesaver as someone who has little coding experience. The platform as a whole makes it really easy to customize landing pages and websites to point clients to. If you are not a designer and just want to use a template, Wix provides plenty of well-designed options to choose from. I mostly appreciate the fact that you are able to start from scratch if you want to and design your own site, specific to your needs.

Cons

I would say that one of the only downsides to Wix is the fact that a lot of the widgets and add ons applications are not very well developed in many cases. I wish there were better and more simple ways to customize galleries and display photos sometimes. Often you can find a workaround for issues but there are efficiencies that are definitely still being developed.

WordPress and Squarespace

Reasons for Choosing Wix

Squarespace used to be a lot less user-friendly than it is nowadays so at the time it was the best way for me to create what I needed in an efficient and effective way.

Reasons for Switching to Wix

Ease of use and overall price structure.
Michael G.

• Customer Support Software

Great for a wide array of industries

Reviewed on 18/02/2020

Overall my experience has been great. I have used Wix for years across 3 very different industries with great success.

Pros

I really like the simplicity of it. You can start from basically a blank canvas or from any one of their many themed templates. It's all point and click and no coding.

Cons

It can be a little limited in terms of customization when bringing in things for another source. For example if you wanted to use it as a platform for a integrated database, unfortunately it doesn't always integrate.

Reasons for Choosing Wix

GoDaddy was far more limited in terms of point and click site options for substantially more money.

Reasons for Switching to Wix

The ease of use and professional designs are fantastic. I was able to do everything on my own without anything more than basic instruction.
Patty R.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

• Customer Support Software

User Friendly & Launched My Business!

Reviewed on 01/02/2020

My aim with establishing a website was to increase advertising and community outreach to increase my client load. Since having my website up and running my traffic and online presence has increased drastically and I went from part-time to full-time because I have been getting calls or contact forms regularly.

Pros

I am no experience with setting up a website, but was able to set up a professional, user friendly website using Wix's templates as a guide. If I ever ran into a problem or had any issues, Wix's support staff was super responsive, patient, and helped resolve any issues as soon as possible. On top of that, Wix offered a discount coupon to allow for additional features on my website that allows me to track visitors, traffic, time of day...etc. which has helped me target my advertising. I love that I have the option to include a contact form box to track people who reach out to my business, I have an interactive map to my office, and most importantly my site is mobile friendly!

Cons

The only challenge I had with the Wix software is that it does take some time to set up. However, I would imagine that is how it is with any software when setting up an inclusive website.

WordPress, Squarespace, and GoDaddy Website Builder

Reasons for Switching to Wix

I ended up choosing Wix over alternative due to it being user friendly, more template options, the price point matched the features, and Wix allowed for safety and privacy with website building that is important to me.
Lindy S.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Wix Works for Fine Art

Reviewed on 03/01/2020

I market and sell my original art and prints online to a nationwide audience, and Wix has made it simple and rewarding for me to keep my website updated myself. I have no idea how their support is. In over 2 years, I've never had to use it.

Pros

For easy and intuitive to use WYSIWYG software, Wix offers almost endless possibilities for customization. As a professional artist, design uniqueness is everything when it comes to my website. It's sort of fun and almost game-like to use. I've never had it crash, either. And the online commerce app is equally seamless to use, design-wise and financially.

Cons

I'd like more features on the blog platform. While it integrates perfectly with the website, it is limited in design features, and users can't comment directly.

Reasons for Choosing Wix

Having been with GoDaddy over a decade, I got tired of fighting software changes that diminished the creative experience and dummied-down their program. I want to have control of my design without learning code. I know how to sell my art. They don't .

Reasons for Switching to Wix

Reviews seemed to favor Wix for creatives.
Awogor M.
  • Used for 2+ years

• Customer Support Software

Simple, good and easy to use drag and drop website builder

Reviewed on 28/08/2019

I have used Wix on 4 different websites and I must say, it's easy, fast and good platform for website design for companies and portfolios. I will always recommend

Pros

You don't probably need to a Pro User in order to make a website with Wix.
With Wix's Drag and Drop website builder, you can easily build your personal portfolio website, photographic site, lifestyle, eCommerce store for advance users etc.
It's generally appart from WordPress one of those platforms I respect so much when making websites for my clients.
They take care of Hosting service and your domain you only pay for their platform and start using it.

Cons

It's not the best place for content management and therefore do not offer total user experience for companies website just like with WordPress, you can post publications in a blog section of your website.
The more features you require, the more money you spend.

Reasons for Choosing Wix

I switched from Simple Site, I won't say because their platform was not standard, but I will rather say that I was still learning and didn't really understand their platform well.

SimpleSite

Reasons for Switching to Wix

I didn't choose over WordPress completely. I still combine both platforms depending on what my clients want and the financial capability, then I choose a platform that best fits their resource availability.
Stephanie D.

Saving Grace

Reviewed on 29/08/2019

It is ideal for the person who doesn't have the technical design skills but needs a website with multiple functions to run their business and for someone who does not want to depend on a designer to make spot changes.

Pros

Truth it took me 5 years to use Wix. First I used Square Space, then I used Weebly.

Someone recommended Square Space as I was selling jewelry and although I could easily make the website through their templates, I didnt know enough about design to do more complicated things, like set up my Pay Pal and run multiple pages (vlog, e store, sign up).

I then switched to Weebly because someone said it was easier and I felt like I was not using what I was paying for Square Space and although Weebly was alot easier, I found it's platform not intuitive, after I hired someone to create a Wordpress for me but again, felt so dependent on them for support.

Finally, I went to Wix and many non computer entrepreneur colleagues launched their site and set up their Paypals so quickly. I wish I had listened to a friend who told me 5 years ago to start with Wix.

Cons

Nothing, truth I wish I had time to watch all their tutorials because I know with the drag and drop features it is just a matter of time I can run my own business (e commerce and online education) entirely on my site.

• Industry: Writing & Editing
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Wix is were it's at

Reviewed on 12/07/2019

I've worked with Wordpress, Blogger, and Wix. You can't go wrong with Wix. It is a seamless and flexible product that allows users to quickly build a website. You can create a free site but it will have the Wix name in your URL link, but if you are just blogging or wanting to test out this online software then check it out. If you have some background in coding you can build stuff from the ground up, but this software is very organic and offers a lot of customization in its default state. The grab and drop feature is very intuitive and this service offers a lot especially for those who need to create a site or blog quickly or for those who do not have a very strong background in coding.

Pros

The Pros for Wix are many and outnumber the cons, but some of the cons could be detrimental.
One of the best features of this platform is that Wix has a drag and drop feature so you can move icons, widgets, images and so on pretty easily. There are other platforms with a similar feature, but I felt like Wix was a bit more intuitive for me and offered more from other platforms I've worked with. Lots of tools both free and paid for to add to your website. Wix provides a free version, but it's a bit more limited, which many might imagine. There are often promotional and discounted add-ons. Tools and the dashboard are very clean and easy to navigate. It's very easy to transfer a domain name over. Relatively affordable, but of course the platform is more expensive as you upgrade the site.

Cons

There are not as many cons for Wix, but the few that exist could make or break this for a lot of people. One area is the price. The free version and entry-level subscriptions are pretty reasonable, but also very limited. Wix offers a lot to customize your site, but if you want a free blog with the ability to customize many of its looks or navigation, Wordpress might be a better choice. Upgrading Wordpress from a blog to a standalone '.com' or '.org' it's much more affordable. So there are cheaper options. That downgrading is a bit of a pain. I took on a promotional upgrade a few years ago and then decided I didn't need the extra features so I tried to downgrade my plan and it was not very simple. While it wasn't a stressful aspect like dealing with At&t or something, I had to contact the customer service.

WordPress and Squarespace

Reasons for Choosing Wix

I wanted something with an easier interface to navigate

Reasons for Switching to Wix

I chose Wix over Wordpress because it was easier to build a site. Wordpress offers a lot of features but it's a bit fussy and at the time, it was cheaper than Squarespace. for the plan I wanted
David Y.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

• Customer Support Software

More templates than any other

Reviewed on 05/08/2019

Wix is helping our business change and grow from where the website currently is to the new direction it is headed.

Pros

Wix has proven to stay relevant while keeping it's legacy templates and design. While others have moved on to less desirable methods. Wix is easy to use for anyone. Customer service is always just a call click or email away.

Cons

Have not been able to find any compared to it's competition.

Reasons for Choosing Wix

Cost and templates. Also Weebly has changed since being bought out by square.not for the good I may add.

Weebly