UKG Pro

HR, Payroll, and Talent Management

4.2 /5 (405 reviews) Write a Review!
4.2
Emily B.
Industry: Financial Services

Great HR Software from a Forward Thinking Company

Reviewed on 19/08/2020

We have realized some streamlined payroll business practices, and within Onboarding as well. The overall experience with this software and company have been very good, with some room for improvement. But there is no business out there without room for improvement :).

Pros

The level of customization and the ability to create our own fields is highly valued. This is also an easy system to train new Admins on, and has a crisp and clean appearance.

Cons

There are some improvements needed within UltiPro, especially in Time Management. There are things that we would like improved, but the nice thing about Ultimate Software is you can submit an Idea for an improvement and vote on other ideas. Ultimate takes these Ideas seriously, and rolls out improvements quarterly.

Nicole F.
Industry: Legal Services

Terrible product

Reviewed on 25/04/2019

Poor experience. Implementation team isn’t great or knowledgeable about the proxy or HR processes, which means they can’t effectively help you get the most out of the tool. Once launched, you’ll encounter many issues and glitches and the service team provides slow responses and doesn’t always resolve things. Beyond that, the system is clunky to use and will likely slow down your HR processes and make it difficult to extra meaningful data from the system because reporting is not robust. Overall, very poor experience.

Pros

If you have limited budget and not many online processes in HR, on the surface, Ultimate may have a number of features that will help you transition from paper processes to online. There are many simple features for recruiting, payroll, core hr, training and more.

Cons

Seems to grow by bolt-on and acquisition, which means data sharing between modules isn’t seamless and features and functionality aren’t well built out. For example, the recruitment module is clunky and difficult to use - very outdated compared to other applicant tracking systems on the market. You would be better off using an external applicant tracking system that had better functionality, than to use Ultimate. Same thing for time and attendance - the user functionality and interface isn’t at all intuitive or friendly. That product looks and feels like it was built 20 years ago. Go with something else and don’t pay to use Ultimate, as it will slow things done for hiring managers, employees and HR. These types of problems are pervasive with the tool and, as a result, it may make sense to only use Ultimate for simple payroll processing and very basic core HR. Anything more and you’ll be overpaying for outdated software.

Response from Ultimate Software

Hi Nicole, thank you for your feedback. We're really sorry to hear you are having a less-than-stellar experience with us. We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback and I have shared your comments with the team to help us improve. We hope you have a wonderful day.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Elizabeth G.
Industry: Financial Services

Great mid sized HRIS system

Reviewed on 19/08/2020

Overall we have been very happy with our decision to move to UltiPro

Pros

The ability to customize the system when needed. Easy to use, seems fairly user friendly.

Cons

Time and attendance tracking leaves some things to be desired, hopefully with the merger with Kronos this will be addressed in the near future. There are still some aspects of the system that do need to provide more customization.

Erin E.
Industry: Law Practice

Reliable but missing some of the basics

Reviewed on 19/08/2020

Pros

The up-time is great. Wish we had more active notification when things are down. Notifications go out a few hours after they start and usually after I've called in and been told it's a known issue.

Cons

Some ease of use items don't exist or we've been waiting a few years since they were suggested in the share ideas portal. As a couple of examples:
-A basic copy of open enrollment or life event set up was suggested at least 3 years ago. It was added to benefits prime, but not regular benefits. That's a basic feature that all of your competitors offer.
-The ability to change an email address for a new employee in onboarding has been request for multiple years as well. It still hasn't been delivered.

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Wonderful, comprehensive system for all of your HR needs

Reviewed on 19/03/2018

Efficiency and tracking personnel changes

Pros

Ultipro has the type of versatility and customization features needed for small and large companies alike. It's highly customizable so that you can use it for all of your HRIS needs. What I like most about Ultipro is the integration across multiple facets. Your employees' files are stored electronically and the permissions you give the employees allow you to use the system to track and approve changes to position, title, pay, benefits and employees can change their address and names, all electronically.

Cons

Ultipro's customer service is probably the worst feature as getting anything changed or having to troubleshoot issues can take more time than you have, especially within a large corporation.

Response from Ultimate Software

Hi there, thank you for your feedback. We're thrilled to hear you enjoy our unified HCM. I do see you have some concerns and just wanted to let you know I have shared them with the team to help us improve. If you have any additional insights you would like to provide, feel free to reach out to [email protected] I hope you have a wonderful day!

Joe W.
Industry: Banking

UltiPro is great!

Reviewed on 14/02/2020

Pros

The functionality is great if you know how to enable it and use it. There can be a steep learning curve, but once you get there, it's pretty great.

Cons

The learning curve is steep for some areas/aspects of the system. And enabling functions for certain areas is not as intuitive as "turning it on" you have to assign security roles that often conflict or give unexpected access.

Yeni O.
Industry: Computer Software

I love the UltiPro experience.

Reviewed on 07/07/2018

Pros

The UltiPro user interface is intuitive,easily customizable ,easy to navigate and i have been impressed with how UltiPro has continuously improved over the years ,with new features being added regularly. UltiPro has been superb for my team as a tool for time keeping.
Cognos analytic is a stand out tool on UltiPro , and simplifies the process of reporting on our payroll. I like the standardized report ,and the freedom to edit the names and modify them to fit our business need is priceless.

Cons

Ultipro's workflows are very limited . I will like the user interface remodeled in a way that we are able to view the "compensation-history" from one page , for every staff in the organization.

Response from Ultimate Software

Hi Yeni, thank you so much for the kind words. We're thrilled to hear you enjoy our business analytics features. Have a great day!

Judi H.
Industry: Civil Engineering

UltiPro Software Review

Reviewed on 10/09/2019
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Great!! Best HR system I have ever used.

Pros

User friendly; robust reporting, great customer service.

Cons

No cons. Great product through and through.

Cindy F.
Industry: Construction

Why UltiPro

Reviewed on 14/02/2020

UltiPro has saved me significant time in doing my payroll and my overall HR needs.

Pros

UltiPro is very easy to use and I have information at the touch of my fingertips. It is easy to log onto and start using right away. It is a very friendly system and easy to find information. If I am unable to do something the ulit-university is just a click away or I can always create a case and get a call back within 24 hours. The ulti staff are excellent and are always helpful. I can always log on anywhere and complete my work.

Cons

The mobile app does not always work for my employees to clock in and out on. Would like to be able to approve time prior to payroll without having to approve every sheet.

Angie H.

I really loved this HRIS system. It was innovative and kind of a one stop shop.

Reviewed on 23/03/2018

I loved the experience of launching a different HRIS system and I really appreciated having so much information all in one system.

Pros

I loved being able to keep payroll and other human resource information in the same system. I also loved being able to post jobs and gather applications from this resource.

Cons

The worst part about this system was the changeover and start up. The customer service was not great and it seemed like the turnover for that company during our transition was really high and a lot of communication was lost.

Response from Ultimate Software

Hi Angie, thank you for your feedback! We're happy to hear you are enjoying our unified HRIS! I'm sorry to hear that implementation was tedious. We actually have been working on a new process to help improve this for new customers. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I have shared your comments with the team to help us improve. I hope you have a wonderful day!

Brittney C.
Industry: Publishing

Great for managing HR/Accounting Info

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 03/08/2018

Pros

I used Ultipro at my most recent job and I loved having quick online access to my pay stubs, benefits, etc. I was able to enroll in benefits very easily and I received my W-2 much faster by opting in for an electronic document. Having this platform even helped me during a busy time in my life where I had to find a new apartment and purchase a car within the same week (job moved). Having proof of income on hand at all times is one of the best benefits of having Ultipro. I can get whatever I need without adding anything to HR or Accounting's workload.

Cons

The worst part about having Ultipro had shown itself around review time. The platform was absolutely not intuitive and the entire company had a hard time submitting reviews. The way the questions were worded was so odd and the instructions were so vague and unclear. We eventually had to move the due date for reviews and give all of the managers an additional 30 days to complete reviews because no one knew what to do. It was ridiculous.

Response from Ultimate Software

Hi Brittney, thank you for your feedback. We value your insights and appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. Have a wonderful day!

Jaqui B.
Industry: Construction

Easiest HR system EVER

Reviewed on 10/02/2017

I can't say enough good things about Ultipro. This system is by far the easiest HR system I have ever used. As an end user - I find it EXTREMELY helpful to have the ability to log into 1 site for all my HR related needs. From obtaining yearly W-2s, viewing weekly pay stubs., or updating direct deposit or benefit options is user friendly and not much training required at all.

Pros

The ability to add many different HR items on 1 site.

Cons

Sometimes the software runs a little slow but it usually doesn't last long.

Response from Ultimate Software

Hi Jaqui, thank you for providing us with feedback. We're thrilled to hear you are enjoying your experience with us. Have a great day!

Micole Kaye, Ultimate Software

Sterling G.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Review of Ultipro- GREAT!

Reviewed on 14/04/2019

This makes tracking my PTO and work hours so easy! I don't have to try and track my hours on a spreadsheet...I can see all of my previous timesheets and current weeks hours in Ultipro.

Pros

I love the ability to see your timesheet and paystub in one program. I love being able to go into your timesheet and adjust your hours in the event you forgot to clock in.

Cons

I wish there was a way to see all the PTO requests for my team members. Often times, if I knew that my team members already have a certain day off or have put in requests for a certain week I would know to look for alternate days off.

Questina G.
Industry: Broadcast Media

UltiPro- So easy to use and efficient

Reviewed on 06/05/2019

UltiPro has been easy to use and I have had a great experience with this software overall. Would highly recommend to anyone looking for a functional and effective tool like UltiPro.

Pros

UltiPro is a great tool or time management and employee information. This software takes out the guesswork for employees and helps the user plan ahead and understand where they stand in regards to PTO and payday schedules.

Cons

Taking time off overlaps the weekend and is kind of confusing to narrow it down to only weekdays.

Danielle P.
Industry: Medical Devices

We love UltiPro

Reviewed on 27/02/2019

Full automation is amazing. Interfaces and benefits are great and such a HUGE time saver. Love the reporting and the automation of reporting. The culture of Ultimate Software is fantastic and it shows in the support they give us there clients and partners. We are so happy to be in a partnership with them.

Pros

The easy of use. The ability to configure it ourselves. The resources provided. The customer service. The reporting.

Cons

I am hoping they will open the configuration function to more areas!

Samantha R.
Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Great People Management Solution

Reviewed on 18/03/2019

Pros

What I like the most about Ultipro is that all my HR information is in one place. I can access training, company information, benefits, payroll, evaluation reports, organizational chart and much more.

Cons

I do not like having to change my password every three months. The password requirements are extensive and it makes it hard to remember. I try to keep it log every time I change it but I don't like to keep passwords written down.

Christian M.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Love Ultipro

Reviewed on 24/09/2019

Overall, Ultipro has met our needs. Easy for employees to track their time and PTO hours. Links with needed training updates to get employees up to date.

Pros

I like that it's easy to navigate most areas. I can save my favorite links and easily get to where I need.

Cons

Not many negatives to speak of. When employees punch in and punch out, sometimes there can be confusion, but that's easily fixed with call to an administrator.

Kathy J.
Industry: Building Materials

Cadilac of payroll and HR software

Reviewed on 10/11/2018

I have found it easy to learn and customer service is very helpful.

Pros

The software is very user friendly and easy to make changes and process payroll. Love the payroll features of multi company payrolls in the payroll gateway and able to work in all with adding additional checks, change the tax type and arrears features. Checks and direct deposit forms are easy to print and the W-2 features are great. We are just moving to mobile and looking at additional products.

Cons

Sometimes when you go to do something you find out you don't have business process activated and you have to go back and try again. You have multiple screens when trying to change and save new information.

Deanna S.
Industry: Accounting

Use of UltiPro

Reviewed on 21/02/2019

Positive - when I have issues their support team calls and emails until there is a resolution

Pros

Allows employees (past and present) to update their information, retrieve W-2s, elect benefits.

Cons

Some of UltiPro's modules (performance management, recruiting, onboarding) seem archaic and would benefit from more update to date intuitive options for users.

Lindsey S.
Industry: Restaurants

Best HR Software Out There

Reviewed on 28/08/2018

Pros

It is so streamlined and seamless, that it makes my job a piece of cake. Everything is in one place, my employees have access to all the records they need, and it makes tracking a breeze

Cons

No complaints, I love this product very much!

Response from Ultimate Software

Hi Lindsey, thank you for your feedback. We're happy to hear you and your employees enjoy our people-first user experience! Have a wonderful day!

Alison L.
Industry: Higher Education

UltiPro Workplace Management

Reviewed on 10/09/2019

My company uses Ultipro for all of our payroll and HR functions.

Pros

Ultipro puts a ton of information in one place including my time chart, pay stubs, job openings, and professional development.

Cons

The time chart can be confusing when you first learn to use it. Management ignores many of the app's functions.

Deanna C.
Industry: Consumer Goods

Ulti Pro Payroll and Time

Reviewed on 28/02/2019

Pros

IT is very user-friendly. It has many reports that come with the package and a reporting tool that allows creativity for any reporting level.

Cons

Some of the time management reports are not very pretty. Most of these take a little cleaning up as far as column titles and so forth.

Antonia B.
Industry: Real Estate
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

UltiPro is an excellent employee time tracker and more

Reviewed on 18/08/2020

Overall, it has been a positive experience and I would recommend it to all businesses.

Pros

Ultipro is extremely to use and needs little to no training to get started with. All of an employees essential information is accessible through UltiPro from the time tracker to benefits; all of it is organized and easy to navigate.

Cons

No cons, Ultipro is very efficient and very similar to ADP. I have experienced no issues in my time using UltiPro.

Industry: Hospital & Health Care
Company size: 10,000+ Employees

UltiPro: Good functionality, confusing menus

Reviewed on 13/04/2019

Pros

The program contains a lot of the HR things that are needed such as pay stubs, benefits, etc. Your employee's will have access to the different things that they need.

Cons

The menu layouts are confusing and counter intuitive. They do not function like you would expect, and things are nested inside of others in places where it does not make sense. This makes it more difficult to navigate than it needs to be.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Khrystyna L.
Industry: Consumer Services
Company size: 10,000+ Employees

Very easy to use

Reviewed on 08/01/2019

Overall we will continue to enjoy using UltiPro soft wear

Pros

I love how everyone can see they payroll and see hours and have a few to all the work history and all the news about our company

Cons

I wish employees can see their schedule there as well