4.6
4.7
4.5
Mario M.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

My most used tool on a day-to-day basis

Reviewed on 02/10/2020

This is my online tool that has given me the best ROI. My friends commonly ask me "where did you get that app"

Pros

CloudApp has saved me hours in editing screenshots. Also, I commonly need to show my team how to do a certain task, and that´s where I use CloudApp to tape short tutorials that I can share in seconds. It has been my most used app in this pandemic.

Cons

theres is nothing that I have disliked so far

Ken S.
Industry: Computer Software

How I use CloudApp everyday in my Sales Job

Reviewed on 29/03/2020

For someone in sales, this is an indispensable tool. It makes my life easier, and the ease of dropping its images captured anywhere (in Slack, into an email, etc.) is why I keep using it day after day.

Pros

So this is one tool I cannot live without. The ability to take a screen grab, write on it to illustrate and highlight important points, helps me do my job much easier than in the past where I would have to re-create an image. More importantly, it is a time saver, which is the value prop that the CloudApp team touts.

Cons

There are times when glitches happen and I have to redo a step, it is inconvenient but not a show stopper.

Cherokee S.
Industry: Arts & Crafts
Company size: Self Employed

Bare with me

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 02/12/2020

So far so good. I am impressed

Pros

I am new to this product. I found that it is fairly easy to use. I am still messing around with it and ive really only made some animated gifs. But so far its a pretty good platform

Cons

I get a little confused with it sometimes but that may just be because ive never used anything like this app before and i am simply just experimenting

Ernie S.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Job (and life) changing

Reviewed on 18/10/2019

CloudApp has made adding screenshots and images to my blog posts incredibly easy. CloudApp has made giving additional context to colleagues simple by giving us the ability to take a screenshot of what we're talking about on the site. I have nothing negative to say about this tool other than it's set my expectations for similar tools so high that I'm usually disappointed by them.

Pros

It's incredibly easy to use and reliable. You can take a simple screenshot, a gif, a video, and annotate it all within the app. It's quick, it's versatile, and it's incredibly functional. I use this tool every day, for every blog post, and for a number of different things. As a sales rep I used it for entirely different but equally important tasks.

Cons

The only thing I wish I could do that I currently cannot is to go back into an annotation I've made after I saved. Sometimes I realize I've forgotten to note something, drawn a border incorrectly, or some other minor edit and am unable to go back into the original screenshot/gif to fix it. It's not a terribly big issue because of how simple it is to go back and take another screenshot or gif.

Daniel K.
Industry: Information Services

A must for Support team

Reviewed on 14/05/2019

I have implemented the tool for our Support team and before this I have done research of similar tools. Cloudapp had the best features, better price and a great support/customer success team which made it easy to implement.

Pros

With one simple shortcut you can create a screencast (Video or GIF), screenshot (with or without annotation) and send to your users in chat. Cloudapp has greatly increased our Support teams productivity.

It is also very useful for building reports or knowledge base internally as you can simply drag and drop the screenshots or screencasts to Atlassian. Very helpful when creating internal documentation for other agents.

Cons

It would be a great addition if the video screencast would also record audio (like screenflow) as sometimes we need the audio recorded as well which is happening on screen when trouble shooting or recording bugs related to the product.

Industry: Executive Office

A must have tool

Reviewed on 11/12/2018

I loved it and I doubt a week goes by when I do not use it multiple times.

Pros

This is one of those tools that many people won't realize they need until they get used to using it.

Yes, if you work in a support team then the usage case is obvious, and it excels at support, but it is so much more than that.

How often do you have to try to explain something to someone and it takes forever in words, but a quick screenshot would do the trick. Problem with a screenshot is you have to remember the key combination to take it. Then you have to open up your email. Then attach the file to it, etc. With Cloudapp this is all simplified to an amazing degree.

But it goes further than just screenshots. How about sending a 1 minutes video to your telco showing them that there is a problem with your bill, or even sending a document to someone without having to attach it to an email.

Trust me. This is genius.

Cons

The only little niggle is there are very occasionally glitches or outages, but to Cloudapps credit they do get them sorted and they are very polite at responding to emails.

David R.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Great application to share screenshots and screen captures

Reviewed on 29/09/2019

The ability to send ad-hoc screenshots and screen shares very quickly and easily to customers makes it so much easily to assist and help troubleshoot customer issues. Highly recommended for any customer support team.

Pros

Software is very easy to use. Use it to take screenshots and send them through to customers with a shortened personalized URL. You can also use it to take screen captures, as well as annotate and edit screenshots (ie. adding arrows, circles around important parts of a screenshot).

Cons

Software does one thing very well, not much to dislike about it. Just need to learn the shortcut to copy your screenshot and then the software automatically uploads the image to the cloud and saves a link in your clipboard to paste into what ever application you want to use to send that link.

Shane S.
Industry: Real Estate
Company size: Self Employed

Amazing App, I Wish There Was More 3rd Party Support

Reviewed on 02/11/2018

Pros

In the cloud storage game, it's hard to battle against giants like Google Drive, Dropbox, Amazon, and Box. But CloudApp is a spectacular cloud storage option that allows customization of the URL for links, privacy settings with either passwords or expiration dates, easy upload and share, almost everything you could want.

Cons

Being that it is much smaller, it often goes overlooked by other services. I would love to see more places have CloudApp integration like they do Dropbox. While CloudApp is my preference, I end up still needing Dropbox or Drive because of the integrations and accessibility offered by those services.

Paola P.
Industry: Photography

Using Cloudapp to create GIFs & show simple processes is easy as pie

Reviewed on 09/08/2017

Mostly illustrative GIFS and storing my inspiration boards and anything I want to quickly save for later. Makes my files searchable, that's a huge plus!

Pros

The fact that is an one stop shop for several steps that it would normally take to put together a tutorial file or tool. I can create up to 1 minute explanations on video with annotations and even emojis... Plus, I don't have to worry about making the animation for the gif, hosting it or nothing else, I just copy the link and that gif is on my e-mail before I know it. Love the gifs.
I also can save any screengrab and it makes them searchable, which is very helpful as I'm normally one to screenshot things for later but then I never find them or remember what I saved. This tool just organized every loose thought for me.
The analytics have been particularly useful as well, to make sure when our users got their information and if they are following up or not.

Cons

Could use folders for even more organization. Plus, if I have to download all my files at once I would have to go one by one vs. having an option to just bulk download everything I have saved in CloudApp-That's a con for me, but it's not a big deal anyway.

Maurice a M.
Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Screenshot sharing done easy

Reviewed on 11/01/2019

Pros

I LOVE how easy it is to share (or save) screenshots with your teammates. Once you've installed the app, is as simple as just pressing the keyboard shortcut, select what you want to record and presto! A link is automatically copied to your clipboard and sharing takes "paste", and that's it!

Aside from taking a full-screen screenshot or a partial one, you're able to record your screenshots in a video or a one-minute gif. It helps when you want to explain/show your teammate a process.

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say. The app has a bunch of cool features, but I only use it to share screenshots/recordings quickly to my teammates and haven't had any issues with it.

Parisa V.

One of the best LTDs I've ever purchased. Great value and functionality.

Reviewed on 25/05/2018

CloudApp is incredibly useful, user friendly and has become one of my favorite business and productivity apps.

Pros

As a tech enthusiast, CloudApp isn't the most exciting deal I've purchased, but it's actually by far one of the most useful ones. I'm impressed with how intuitive and useful this app is! It's reliable, user-friendly and has really streamlined my workflow.

Cons

I wish video uploads went by more quickly. It does seem to be a bit slower than other apps that do similar things, but this is only periodically, and overall, it's still a fantastic app that's been of great value to my business.

Industry: Broadcast Media

Great for photo storage

Reviewed on 21/01/2019

Pros

I’m able to store all of my photos on the cloud app without taking up space on my phone. It is also easy to share photos from the app.

Cons

I ran into no issues while using the cloud app.

Industry: Computer Software

The best screenshot app you will get for your money

Reviewed on 14/01/2019

This app turned out to be Immensely helpful for customer support. We can pin point issues and send screenshots and quick videos to customers in seconds. Custom domain is icing on the cake.

Pros

CloudApp has smoothened our workflow. Perhaps it was the best find for us last year.

Take a screenshot on your machine and it automatically gets uploaded on the cloud and you get a custom URL to share. All happens in seconds.

Cons

Video and gif capabilities can be made better.

Graham L.
Industry: Hospitality

My most used app?

Reviewed on 16/10/2018

Pros

I use this all day everyday! I am constantly taking shots and sharing with my team. It is just so so easy with the keyboard shortcuts and drag and drop feature... I totally love this app!

Cons

Occasionally when starting video it misfires and means I have to close and reopen. Not very often tho

Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Use it almost daily

Reviewed on 07/02/2019

Pros

I love that things that I save are immediately up in cloud storage. I use it to communicate more effectively

Cons

It can be a little slow at times. I would like to be able to have longer captures sharable more quickly.

Mayo L.
Industry: Education Management
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

The Shortcut to Capture Your Screen

Reviewed on 31/07/2019

Pros

It's easy to setup. And using it is as simple as assigning shortcut key combination. The shots will automatically uploaded to the cloud.

Cons

There no way to set a pre-defined area to shoot.

Iain S.

Gone from not knowing about this to using it daily

Reviewed on 03/10/2017

Pros

Firstly, this has made sharing images so incredibly easy for me. I've been using it to share examples from my screen on Whatsapp, Messenger and in emails - the change from my old versions of either dropbox links or heading off to the desktop screen on my Mac is a thing of the past.

I love the annotate option, and the fact that it's so easy to do. I'm only just getting started with the video capture options so can't comment but it does the basics I've described so well.

Cons

The fact that the information about what it can do is a little difficult to find. It's a hugely feature rich product and all the things it can do is hidden away in a tiny square.

Nicole L.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

It's just simple and straight forward

Reviewed on 25/01/2019

Pros

The screen snapshot, text, video recording on screen

Cons

Not able to record system audio during video recording

Jaron H.
Industry: Consumer Services

Works pretty well, some odd parts

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 11/01/2019

Pros

I use screenshots ALL the time.. I currently have a folder that is probably a few gigabytes of just screenshots from over the years. CloudApp makes it easy to scan pictures and manipulate them in ways, like adding notes and such. Also, they make it easy to record your screen and create narrated tutorial videos. A friend recommended it to me, and I've been using it since!

Cons

I forget to use it. I'm just used to taking screenshots how I used to and I always catch myself not using it when I should.
Also, I purchased CloudApp through the Apple app store and it constantly asks me to upgrade when I already HAVE upgraded.. I do not know how to resolve this. Eventually it fixes itself but it takes me awhile to log in and log out for it to recognize that I in fact have paid for the app..
When doing a screen recording, I don't like how the tool bar is hidden if you try and do full screen. Small feedback for the developers.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Thomas W.

CloudApp is a must for those in customer support.

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 22/04/2018

Convenience. It's nice to have if the price is right.

Pros

CloudApp is essentially a glorified screen capture/recorder combined with Dropbox. It's nice to have if you do screen captures once in a while, but it's invaluable if you're doing customer support.

Cons

There's no way to numerically set the dimension, a must when you want to capture certain area multiple times (e.g. preparing how-tos). Also, the website is a bit slow to load.

Elman M.
Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Cloudapp

Reviewed on 05/02/2019

Overall experience is awesome, I use it in my work and it has helped me to do my job in an efficient and easy way.

Pros

It is easy to use, You can take screenshots, capture images and videos very simple and fun, every information you save goes directly to the app. This function is excellent since you can have access to it every time and you will find in the cloud all your information saved and complete.

Cons

The fact that it doesn't have a mobile app and also is not for all devices. Aside from that, there are no huge cons about this software.

Manuel C.
Industry: Photography

The tool every team player should have

Reviewed on 10/07/2018

I can share screenshots, create annotations, record my screen, share files and store them! There is no way you can't benefit from all of this, you will be amazed and your team will be even faster!

Pros

The ability to record video including my camera and screen, it's awesome! I can also create gif instead of videos, and share them with everyone.

Cons

One of the main features is to "whitelabel" your links, and that is only included in higher tiers, but even if you are using the free plan, you will have in your sleeve a great tool that will help you improve your performance.

Nik D.

The quickest way to show someone what you're talking about

Reviewed on 02/04/2018

It's easier to share what I'm talking about, and it saves so much time.

Pros

It's so much easier to tell people with pictures/gifs/videos. I've used this to show people the bugs I'm finding on sites. You can even annotate gifs. How cool is that? Gone are the days of reporting bugs with words.

Cons

It's simple to use, but not as simple as it could be. Annotation is not that straightforward. You have to dig deeper into another menu/screen for it to be apparent that you can annotate a picture or gif.

Nigel B.
Industry: Religious Institutions

Useful tool for combining cloud spaces

Reviewed on 10/02/2017

Amongst other things, I use this app for combining cloud spaces. Multi platform support is good and Ive never had a problem with speed or stability.

Joy R.
Industry: Design

Instant collaboration for remote teams

Reviewed on 11/05/2019

Pros

CloudApp makes it easy to share screenshots, record videos, and upload files. Our team uses it to quickly access information during the development process. The Help Center is full of great resources!

Cons

Some of the how-to explanations are complicated and only make sense after spending some time trying to remedy the issue with your team.