Mindbody

Sherree
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Time Saving

Reviewed on 28/11/2023

Very happy and less stressed with Mindbody.

Very happy and less stressed with Mindbody.

Pros

I can have all the different kinds of appointments for my Mary Kay on here easily. Easy to load and navigate through it. Helps keep personal appointments seperate from my businesse.

Cons

So far I haven't found anything that I don't like or that would be a Con for users.

Kurt
Kurt

MindBody for Small Gym

Reviewed on 04/12/2019

Scheduling calendar is simple, intuitive and the drag & drop feature is priceless!
MindBody is a...

MindBody is a One Stop Shop for a small, service oriented business and it can easily be expanded as the company grows.

Pros

Easy to use, very intuitive. Set up took almost no time at all.
MindBody allows me to schedule Personal Training Sessions and Group Training Sessions, deal with Point of Sale transactions and even track inventory.
The software is flexible enough to handle multiple users and expand when needed.
The software will also take into account independent contractors.
Most functions are very user friendly and mistakes are easy to correct.

Cons

I use MindBody to process my merchant services and processing transactions over a weekend, especially a holiday weekend, can result in a longer than expected delay before the bank receives the funds.
It can take time to put together information for sales tax, most of my business, 95%, is service related.
All transactions are recorded, it's just a matter of remembering which questions to ask to get the correct answer.

Zen Planner and Zendesk Suite

Reasons for Choosing Mindbody

RhinoFit didn't have the flexibility I needed and wasn't as intuitive

RhinoFit
Julia

• Customer Support Software

Terrible software, terrible customer service

Reviewed on 27/10/2020

Customer service is awful. The message always says they have an unusually high call volume, so it takes hours to solve any issues, and half the issues the techs have never heard of it, so they just punt.

Pros

The software is good at booking clients, and minding the number of sessions remaining in a package. It reminds clients of appointments.

Cons

The point of sale is a nightmare. They have NO point of sale effectively. They don't even allow an instrument as a chip reader!!! The only solution is a 3rd party instrument that costs $900, and does not fully integrate with the mindbody software. They forbid you getting a functional Credit card terminal, and have no options. This system is a constant source of grief. It double charges clients all the time, they say they are "trying" to get it to stop, meanwhile I get a dozen furious calls a week from clients who complain. The company has had an urgent fix in the works for over a year. I could go on, this is just the tip of the iceberg. Aditionally, they charge way above what I can get credit card processing for on the open market, but they forbid any competition in this arena.

Sarah
  • Industry: Design

Great way to track wellness and fitness services!!

Reviewed on 03/01/2024

Pros

I love that you can book a wide variety of services - from spa services to wellness appointments to fitness classes. Also, you can discover new services near your location and redeem deals.

Cons

It's difficult to access monthly/annual membership pricing for certain services - I've had to directly contact some businesses to cancel or renew memberships because I was unable to stop payments within the Mindbody app or website.

Rosalinda

MINDBODY Review

Reviewed on 26/08/2019

Currently using mindbody to manage:
our clients and collect payments.
KPI reporting
Would like...

Currently using mindbody to manage:
our clients and collect payments.
KPI reporting
Would like more upgrades to better manage inventory reports.

Pros

It is very user friendly and can get to the detail needed to successfully manage clients.

Cons

When you ask for software upgrades or make suggestions you never know if you are heard and if something will be done. There really is no voice to say we hear you. I would also suggest MB periodically reach out to different levels of users and ask for specific software feedback.
Also do not like that you are only allowed to update branded app photos once a year and you cannot send out push notifications that are not active purchasing links.

WellnessLiving

WellnessLiving

Reasons for Switching to Mindbody

The mindbody platform is more inspiring and overall I felt they were more committed to helping me and my business grow.

• Customer Support Software

Mindbody delivers for music school

Reviewed on 07/11/2023

Pros

I liked the ability to create multiple classes and the easy student enrollment. They also have great technical support.

Cons

The software was slightly pricey, however, it is a good all-in-one platform for managing students and classes.

Sawyer and Jackrabbit Music

Reasons for Choosing Mindbody

We needed a management software with more features.

Reasons for Switching to Mindbody

We needed a management software with more features than the one we were using.
Jennifer
Jennifer
  • Used for 1-5 months

Not Worth the Expense

Reviewed on 13/01/2020

Awful. Don't buy this product.

Awful. Don't buy this product.

Pros

Being listed among my competitors and found by other users.

Cons

This is the most expensive and clunky application I have ever attempted to use. The back end is just awful. I signed up for three months because Mindbody said it would take that long to see results. At the end I was out $500 and didn't get a single new lead.

I am pretty tech savvy when it comes to using online programs and software. This program was such a headache. I didn't need all the bells and whistles they offered. I just wanted to manage my clientele. It was so difficult that I ended up just setting up the basics and, after I received no leads and, they wanted more money for promotion, etc. I cancelled.

They continue to call and email me to try to get me to sign up again. I keep asking to be removed from the list.

It is awful that Mindbody has such a hold on the market. There are such better products out there that charge less and function better. Don't feel trapped by them. Get out and search for something else if you are unhappy and, especially if, you are losing money.

Verlocal Pro and karmaCRM

Reasons for Choosing Mindbody

I thought Mindbody would increase conversions.

Reasons for Switching to Mindbody

Everyone seemed to be using it so I thought it would work for my business.
Lindsay
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Super easy to use!

Reviewed on 12/03/2024

Pros

Very easy to use. Love that it has so much functionality and different ways to use it.

Cons

Didn’t like that it became more complicated with the amount of functions that we needed it to do. Just needs more honing and work to be perfect

Tina
  • Industry: Construction Software

Great for scheduling

Reviewed on 06/03/2024

Pros

I have used this app personally for scheduling and have always found it easy to use, for 1 company it sends me text reminders and confirmations when I cancel apts.

Cons

I have not experienced any cons so far.

Daphne

MAKES THINGS EASIER

Reviewed on 02/04/2024

Helps with accountabilty and keeping up with things

Helps with accountabilty and keeping up with things

Pros

Easy to use and helps keep track of things

Cons

I find it pricey but worth it if I start to use it more

Sharmila

Mindbody Online transformed my business

Reviewed on 03/09/2019

I tried to leave Mindbody once to go to Booker (now a MBO owned company) and that was a huge fail. They didn't offer the preferences that worked for my boutique, small studio. MBO has stellar customer service. Also, BOLD is beyond a doubt, the most exciting part of MBO and helping owners stay motivated, inspired and educated.

Pros

Mindbody offers exemplary customer service. I have been with them for more than 10 years of the 15 years that I have been in business. It's user friendly, innovative and helps business owners to automate their work.

Cons

The price for MBO keeps getting more expensive. Also, the partner companies can add up too.

Booker

Reasons for Choosing Mindbody

Years ago, Booker offered me a free Ipad to switch to their company. They also promised cheaper monthly rates including merchant services processing fees.

Booker

Reasons for Switching to Mindbody

Booker could not deliver. I would rather pay a little more (rates weren't too high back then) than pay for scheduling system that didn't function as easy as MBO.
John

MindBody for Music Schools

Reviewed on 04/04/2020

Studio automation is always a plus - if you haven't used Auto-Pay, you should really try it. Automated emails are really the best part. For us, it's slow, kind of clunky, and doesn't fit our needs as well as we had hoped. Them withholding our money was definitely the main impetus for our disillusionment.

Pros

Integrated billing/scheduling/contractor & staff payroll. Automated email messaging. Automated customer billing. A large variety of services thought to improve retention and conversion. Tech support is very knowledgeable, professional and helpful.

Cons

We've been using MB for over 7 years. It was affordable when we started, but has continued to increase in cost. It is now very expensive, by comparison to other offerings. The billing system is extremely complicated to set up and is difficult to train. It's really built for yoga studios, etc., and is not a good solution for music schools. The vast majority of the add-on products they promote are not useful to those that only book recurring appointments, like music schools do. They seem to be designed for pushing individual appointment booking, which is the opposite of what we need. There are constant "improvements" which always add more page loads - when we first started, you could go to any page on the site within 2 clicks. The daily tasks you need are now, all, at least 3 page loads away, if not more. In other words, their improvements always slow us down and don't add any value that we can perceive. The reason we're going to move to something else was cemented this week: On Apr. 1 our Auto-Pays ran like normal. On Apr. 2 they sent us an email informing us that 20% of what they owed us was being held to protect our clients due to changes from the COVID-19 pandemic. We were left scrambling for cash to cover checks we had already written. There was no warning that they were going to short us. They claimed that the "entire processing industry" was doing this, but I can find no evidence that that is true. It looks like they were holding back our money to protect themselves.

Ryan

• Customer Support Software

Way too expensive for what you get. Currently the online booking App displays doesn't work

Reviewed on 10/12/2020

Not great. I have reached out to support twice in the past month regarding the issue with the App showing all the wrong appointment times and patients being unable to book. As this is the primary function of the software (and 5 times more expensive than my last software) I told them I need to get out of my contract so I can get a product that works, and they so far refuse, Even though they admit the App is broken. Their response is they can just remove my business from the App. (I pay for this, I want the features.)

It also often takes Support several days to respond to support requests, which is very frustrating when you're having a issue.

This Software is definitely not worth the $260 a month. I was paying $50 for Acuity and it was a better product, and I will be switching back as soon as I can get out of this contract.

Pros

It has a lot of features if you are able to figure out the quirks of the software. The Mindbody App can be really nice, (but right now mine is broken and is limiting the ability for patients to schedule.)

Cons

First off, there is no trial period or Demo that allows you to play with the software and soft launch for you to test to make sure it works for your application, and they force a 12 month subscription. A lot of things they told me the software could do, that it does not in fact do. I learned the hard way that this system is geared much more towards classes and not services. A lot of features I was told to work are things like the waiting list feature, but that is only for classes. (it was a huge reason why I picked the software.)

The software can be really clunky and is way too finicky. I have used 4 or 5 different booking platforms in the past and this by far is the least user friendly.

The services widgets that go on the website are nowhere near as modern looking as the class widgets, the widget on my website looks like it came straight out of Windows 95, which on a nice designed website looks terrible.

The biggest issue, that has apparently been going on for more than a month is that the Iphone App apparently has a bug that has caused my office's availability to show completely wrong times to book. When I log in under the patient app it shows times available for booking that I am not even in the office for. When a patient goes to book one of those times a error pops up. I had several patients reach out to me for a matter of weeks telling me they were having issues booking which I thought was user error but Mindbody confirmed it is on their end.

Jonathan

• Customer Support Software

Frustrating software that causes no end of issues and no one to help!! (that was our experience...

Reviewed on 06/09/2022

Unprofessional, inept and impossible.

We have been tirelessly attempting to deal with Mindbody to...

Unprofessional, inept and impossible.

We have been tirelessly attempting to deal with Mindbody to help us with our new company and have had so many problems on the way. The "Sad Robot" has to be the most frustrating logos that inform the user that "Something's not working right" has been the most common experience of us as company owners and worst of all, our clients/patients.

The first 6 days we couldn't log on to our £300+/month (half price as a special enticement) and no one could help me. Finally we were logged on and as a gesture of goodwill the Mindbody team agreed to waive the first months fee...this was the one and only positive, as sadly things went from bad to worse.

Our "onboarder" was [SENSITIVE CONTENT], who was very nice but due to the 8 hour time difference was unable to offer us training before 5pm UK time, when we have our young kids to contend with!

So we were provided with a [SENSITIVE CONTENT], who frustratingly wasn't helpful and at times, rather rude. Attempts to ask questions and raise concerns were cut short by her repeatedly interrupting, so much so I actually struggled to attend our training due to her poor attitude and unprofessional approach.

We asked her "why don't our clients get confirmation emails when they book online?". She replied "there's a bug". We asked "What's been done and when is it being fixed" to which she replied "You've been added to the list but I don't know when it will be fixed".

How can we tell clients that?

Proble after problem

Pros

The name is good. The software looks so good when you see it on YouTube, but our experience didn't live up to the promises

Cons

The problems just got worse and worse....

1. Clients who booked online had their payments rejected.

2. Some were charged twice.

3. Some were booked and then cancelled, then when they tried again, the class was fully booked.

4. Then a whole days worth of payments were then voided, over £600 on our 2nd day of trading....gone!

But, all the clients had the payment taken out of their accounts, so we had to ask them to show evidence as our Mindbody software was showing that the payment was voided. It made us look so amateur and clueless.

5. The widgets on the App don't work and the calendar disappears, then the link doesn't work. All the time I am paying my website designer to try to figure this out and no one in technical team is available to talk to him. Despite cries for help and emails to Ross.

6. Our card machine (£199) didn't work. We spent over four hours the day before our launch attempting to talk to a technical team that eventually got it working...for 2 hours and then the next day it didn't work again.

So clients can't pay online as it doesn't work, and they can't may at our health hub... as the card machine doesn't work....so they have to pay by cash....who pays by cash and what kind of modern day company demands cash as their online software doesn't work and their card machine doesn't work?.....it makes us....sorry, Mindbody made us look like an absolute joke.

7. Instructors haven't been able to log on

8. We haven't had our payments through to our bank

Tatiyana

I like it but..

Reviewed on 10/03/2021

Mindbody sets a high bar for business software. But unfortunately their quality of customer services does not match the high premium you pay. There are definitely softwares out there that will suit exactly what you are looking for with a support team that is willing to help you in every way at a fraction of the cost.

Pros

Mindbody is like driving a fully loaded Mercedes Benz. Looks pretty. Has all the features. Very custom and detailed.

Cons

Con: way too expensive. customer service plummeted. Not accommodating. Does not matter if you are a long term customer I feel like I am just a number and they could care less if they lose you as a customer or not.

Booker, Vagaro, Rosy, and Square Appointments

Reasons for Choosing Mindbody

I outgrew schedulicity and needed more features that they weren't offering at the time.

Schedulicity

Reasons for Switching to Mindbody

Because Mindbody at the time was an all inclusives software with all the features I was looking for and the price was amazing when I first signed up in 2015.
Leigh-Ann

Not for Small Business, Definitely Not for Martial Arts

Reviewed on 09/09/2019

Small business's should look elsewhere. Prices are outrageous without offering much to the smaller industries. Prices are based on preset packages (with not useful options) rather than size of business.

Pros

Easy to login and add customers, update schedule. Started off ok but soon prices increased dramatically.

Cons

This is the MOST expensive software. In the 2+ years we used Mindbody, the price increased over 200% with no additional features that benefit our small business. Many calls to customer service - who could care less about a small business needs - only to tell you about products that benefit the big companies. They do massive price increases and make sure to take away the 1 feature you actually need in order to put you at a higher price point. I know dance studios were in the same boat as martial arts. The only item that was "martial arts" was adding a belt system - that's pretty basic - basically it's a client management system with that added in. There are lots of martial arts specific software that give you WAY more bang for your buck and base your price on number of students rather than forcing you to buy a premium package that is 75% not useful for martial arts.

SmartRec

Reasons for Switching to Mindbody

They were credit card based and I didn't want to offer that option at the time.
Carrie
Carrie

• Customer Support Software

Small Business that MBO doesn't really care about and they make you feel that way.

Reviewed on 05/11/2018

Considering there are so many new platforms that don't have the tech debt look to newer more innovative companies. MBO will see you on 20 years in the business but in tech that is actually more a liability to them. There platform coding is outdated and they are not flexible. They require third parties (more cost to the user) to patch what they can't create themselves.

Pros

Familiarity which is also its weakness

Cons

We have been with MBO for almost over 4 years. They have the right to change you billing options at will. So complicated to get anything done. They have a department within a department. You try to get an answer to a question and you are sent to three different people and maybe you will get an answer. Our Account Rep can't even get an answer to our question and refers us to the website or refers us to another department because they don't have the power to fix (change an email address).

They changed their billing tiers and ours was obsolute. Instead of talking to us and finding which of the new tiers we wanted they took the liberties and changed us to the more expensive tier. We didn't need the functionalities of the more expensive tier. When we asked for a refund they denied us saying that they emailed us. Problem is the email they had wasn't even an email that has ever existed ([email protected]) and not the email used every single day to sign in and had every single permission within the software.

Eric

• Customer Support Software

Leading and inspiring the health and fitness industry

Reviewed on 07/05/2019

I've truly found Mindbody as an ally to help run my business. The company and community around it is why I'm in the health and fitness industry. It is inspiring to see a company trailblaze positive change in the public's heath and look forward to be associated with Mindbody for years to come.

Pros

Mindbody is easily the most powerful and comprehensive software available to help run your health and fitness company. What a lot of people may not know is that this company is leading the charge to improve health and fitness in this country and throughout the world where Mindbody is found. Having spent time at their campus in San Luis Obispo, I've seen it first hand. I go to the Mindbody University events to learn and to be inspired. It is a comprehensive program so it can be complicated. With time, you can master this program then use complementary software depending how sophisticated you want to be with your company.
It is confusing to see so many complementary software programs, but to the best of my knowledge, I believe Mindbody keeps from duplicating every idea/program to not degrade the work that they do with the foundation of the work that they do well.
This company is innovative and trailblazing ways and features that will enhance the clients experience at your gym/studio and easily the best feature is the ability to use a mobile device to run the software and create and pleasant experience for the user.

Cons

I believe if anyone considers using other software, it is because you are forced to use a specific credit card company with Mindbody. The sophistication to take different types of payment is lacking in such a monumentally successful software program. They tried to roll out a mobile dedicated payment device called POYNT which has been disappointing. It is clunky and unreliable, but I was pleasantly surprised to be able to return for a credit on my account. There are reports that the payment system is being revamped and it would be a revelation and would make the system truly complete.

Gina

Mindbody post virus apocalypse

Reviewed on 07/07/2020

In normal times, mb while not perfect is worth the expense. There are a lot of features and you used to be able to call them 24/7. But in the world of covid, it's too expensive and it's even harder to access customer service, the hours are limited and the wait times very long. We put our mb account on hold- which costs $50 a month- you can actually get software for that amount. Pre-covid rating is 4 and now it's a 3

Pros

Before the virus hit, I loved Mindbody. The high monthly fee was worth the expense because the software automatically links up with 3rd party vendors like Class Pass and gym pass. Plus nearly every studio is using this software so it's easy to pick up traveling clients or sales via their dynamic pricing option. In short, the subscription is super high but in normal times you get a lot of it in return. This is not the case at the moment. They did offer 1 month subscription relief and 2 if you commit to 2 years but I don't know if we will make it? Most of the support staff is super friendly and helpful.

Cons

Given it's many features, the software is sophisticated and not easy to use. Could never figure out the private yoga feature or how to show the studio was being rented so for us not to be able to do this - it was very expensive. Also we were one of the first studios to live stream so we got set up prior =however not all mb reps could accurately advise how to set up. We paid for adverting on fb and google, got many clicks and zero conversions- people kept getting tripped up in mb. A survey indicated over 30% of users had a hard time booking, paying for or accessing live stream classes on mb. I literally spent all day every day troubleshooting with mb reps, instructors and clients. I wonder ho many people we lost that got turned off? We decided to move our live stream and on demand off he platform.

Lorrie

• Customer Support Software

Would love to find an alternative

Reviewed on 16/08/2017

It was relatively easy to setup and get going but I wished that I had more alternatives to test before putting my entire business on this. I am seeking an alternative.

Pros

MindBodyOnline is used across many studios so it is easy to use. It does most of what I want it to do but not necessarily without workarounds. I really wanted this to work but it's now getting my financials wrong and this is huge for me.

Cons

Very buggy. The phone app acts differently than the web browser application. It's making it nearly impossible to trust my appointments, sessions and payments for clients. I run my studio with the mobile app and it's getting increasingly challenging. As I am a small business, I feel that I don't have much weight to influence positive changes to the app through customer support. I've been told it's because I'm on an entry level version of the app and that if I upgrade I can get what I need. I don't feel that spending extra money after experiencing ridiculous price hikes over the past 2 years will help. I am desperately looking for an alternative to run my business. I've tried several times to talk with customer support and they are always very friendly and try to be helpful but I think they are limited to how the company is being run. I was told to email the CEO directly, I did that 3-4 times and my emails went unanswered.

If there is anything I can tell you not to use:

Referred by Relationship- It mixes packages and false payment information between those two clients

Booking appointments by mobile app- It allows you to book and it automatically takes sessions from their package and reserves it for that session. When you check how many sessions they have left, it's not accurate because it already reserved these sessions so it looks like your client is due for payment when they are not. The web app does not do this!

Response from Mindbody

Hi Lorrie-

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are actively working on improving our mobile apps and recently released a refreshed version of our mobile app. Each level of our software does offer more features, and we do recommend that you use our Starter level or above.

If you do decide to leave MINDBODY, please keep in mind that our Terms of Service require a 30 day written notice prior to cancellation. If we can help you at all as you consider your options, please let us know!

Shakeyla

• Customer Support Software

Driving the wellness industry!

Reviewed on 20/04/2023

Software is good for scheduling appointments and making business run more smoothly on daily basis. However, the price of subscription and customer service need improvement.

Pros

Mindbody is effectively the most impressive and thorough programming that anyone could hope to find to assist with running your wellbeing and wellness organization. What many people may not know is that this organization is driving the charge to further develop wellbeing and wellness in this country. Having only one program that can accomplish such a great deal is an enormous in addition to concerning straightforwardness and thriftiness. In particular, it is extremely ideal to have a POS, planning programming, and web based booking across the board. Client assistance is very great. I never needed to look out for hold for longer than a couple of moments. Once in a while the assistance takes more time than appears to be needed and is hard to understand, however I feel that is more than shortcoming of this to some degree tangled programming than the genuine client care itself. The product is effectively open from anyplace. Mobile usage is great!

Cons

I accept on the off chance that anybody considers utilizing other programming, it is on the grounds that you are compelled to use a certain charge card organization with Mindbody. They attempted to carry out a portable devoted installment gadget called POYNT which has been frustrating. It is bothersome, yet I was enjoyably shocked to have the option to return for a credit. Customer service could be a whole lot better. Reps that I spoke with were unhelpful at times.

Alejandro
Alejandro

• Customer Support Software

Antiquated and not visually appealing , no app.

Reviewed on 13/07/2018

Automation and athlete tracking was not bad, although new software have picked up and improved on an original leader in the field. Data analysis and reports are good and accurate but not user friendly or visually appealing .

Pros

Software does a good job of keeping track of clients and their information and gives them a platform to reserve their spot

Cons

No app, antiquated on functionality and visually not appealing . One the leader in their field , the program has not changed its look since I first encountered it 15 years ago. There is no app for staff to use, there is no app to use as a check in station. Designed around a computer terminal one has to use a laptop and not able to use either Apple or android tablets as check in stations. the look and functionality has been lap by many programs that followed is such as zenplanner. Not only do other product has even a better user experience, but they beat them in pricing. They do many a la cart pricing when others include all the bells for far less price. Integration of email is only with a paid service when other allow you to integrate with services such as mail chimp free service.

Response from Mindbody

Hi Alejandro-

Thank you for leaving your thoughts about MINDBODY. We are happy to tell you that we have apps for both of the items you discussed in your review.

The MINDBODY for business app allows staff to manage their schedules. You can read more here: https://www.mindbodyonline.com/business-app and here: https://www.mindbodyonline.com/blog/business-advice/software-features/how-the-mindbody-business-app-benefits-your-staff

The Class Check-In by MINDBODY app allows your customers to check-in on an iPad, rather than needing a computer at the front desk, and some of our customers don't have a computer in their front-of-house at all. You can learn more here: https://www.mindbodyonline.com/check-in-app

We're continuously evolving our products, and are happy to connect with you, if you have more questions.

• Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

BIG MISTAKE

Reviewed on 19/09/2018

Pros

None. This thing takes hours to set up - the numbers in the revenue tracker do not match up to the deposits in the bank account. We have to keep track of our own revenue and can't trust any of the numbers that show up in their tracking.

Cons

Horrific customer service - insanely high price increases - unethical business practices -
For example - we decide to try out a new retention marketing program that they came up with. Sounds like a great idea, decided to test it out. It sucked, whatever, we tried it and just decided to discontinue it. No-can-do. Apparently, without telling us, trying out the new automated follow up program bumped us up to a completely different version of the software - we thought it was just an add-on service. Well the thing sucked and we wanted to go back to what we had, but they eliminated that. But they didn't even tell us that they had eliminated it before we switched back. So they switch us back and we are shockingly surprised when we lose A LOT of functionality. We complain that we were never told when we upgraded, or when we downgraded what the consequences would be. They don't care. So here we are losing money as a result, because we can't manually adjust prices when necessary and spending a significant amount of time doing things ourselves that our employees were able to do before. So we just agree to go back to the upgraded version only to find out that all of our membership contracts and autopays information is gone. I know we are not the only ones this has happened to. I smell a class-action lawsuit coming...

Response from Mindbody

Hello,

Over the course of the past year, we have been rolling out new packages to our customers, giving them at least 30 days notice about when their new pricing will take effect, and what their options were.

We'd like to look into the feedback you made in your review, but unfortunately, because you provided your feedback anonymously, we are unable to confirm that is what happened.

Could you provide your business details to [email protected]?

• Customer Support Software

MINDBODY REVIEW (Merchant user)

Reviewed on 21/03/2017

Pros

First and foremost, I am not on the customer end of this app. I am the back end user/subscriber and I pay a monthly fee to use this system to gain clientele for my personal training business.

One thing I liked about the app is that it has many features that allow many ways to communicate with clients. They also have friendly training calls and the people are extremely nice. They seem to be from the west coast so they all seem very laid back, Cali style. They are excellent sales people who know how to get you to

Cons

The company does not tell you how difficult the platform is. The fact that we need a trainer to show us how to use it should have let me know that I would require intense hands on training. The back end is difficult and the entire system requires lots of time. This is not a user friendly platform.

Their customer service is the worst I have dealt with in many years. They do not offer refunds and if you do receive one, it is only done "At special circumstances" but it is not easy to obtain. The fact they say that there are no refunds is not good. They are mostly afraid that if you see the platform, you will steal their idea so they are more worried about their platform being stolen than making a customer happy.

I was offered a free month because they guaranteed I'd be happy with their system. Unfortunately I wasn't and I decided to cancel with them. They never got back to me when I attempted by emailing their [email protected]. I also contacted [email protected] and requested cancellation. I had a chance to speak to a tech support on the weekend who told me that he would let them know to cancel my subscription. I contacted my trainer who also gave me heads up on how to cancel and let me know she would let them know on her end. I am currently waiting on the phone with them for 50 minutes for them to call me back because I am in cue. Their cue time was "first person waiting on cue has waited 50 minutes" so I am assuming that I am not next.

Even after requesting for over one week to cancel, they charged my card eight days later. I called my bank and they said that they have dealt with them before on a personal level so their reputation is known to be difficult. Their default email I have received countless times is "Thank you for contacting MINDBODY®.

Our team has been experiencing a higher volume of inbound contacts, which means that we may not be able to get back to you as quickly as we would like. We appreciate your continued patience during our peak season and we have some great help resources available online. You can access detailed FAQs, video tutorials, and more, click here to get started!

All emails are saved and may be reviewed for quality assurance purposes."

This is the email I received by support when asking to cancel, by clientcare.

I am now waiting to cancel and I do not have the time to wait yet I need to in order to get my money back.

Do not go with them for a trial unless you are ready to commit because they are extremely difficult to work with and will keep your money if you decide they are not for you.

Response from Mindbody

Hi Azael-

Thank you for taking the time to feedback about your time with MINDBODY. We apologize for your experience with wait times calling into our support team. We've been experience a higher volume of support requests and are actively working on solutions to improve wait times, including offering support through Facebook and Twitter for faster resolution.

We see that you were able to successfully reach out Client Care team to cancel your subscription yesterday. While we understand your frustration with not being offered a refund, our Terms of Service do state that all fees are non-refundable.

Thank you for trying our software as a solution for your business needs. We are sorry to hear that it didn't work out, but wish you the best in the future of your business.

Charica

Regretful Massage Therapist

Reviewed on 01/05/2018

I am now with Acuity Scheduling...ultra cheap and convenient for posting links to scheduling, and can link a merchant account to it for card payments.

Pros

The ladies I worked with getting connect to MindBody...Amazing! These ladies presented me with a great opportunity to connect to a huge network of people in my area that typically engage in massage services. The set up is easy, and you will have someone that makes sure you are ready to start using your scheduling system.

Cons

Tech Issues: I had nothing but issues when it came down to my clients being able to join the network and start booking appointments. What I was the most shocked/upset with is there not being a protocol in place when it came to these issues, and the reps not being sensitive the matter at hand. I couldn't have been the first person with guest experiencing an issue exactly, or similar to mine. One time it took a client 6-7 times to successfully book an appointment!?!? I am available for walk-ins, so I could only imagine how many others just passed to the next massage therapist with a working scheduling system! Talk about upset and frustrated! While everyone is pleasant to speak with, kinda helpless when it came to the tech issue I had.

Phone Calls: You will get phone calls from companies that partner with MindBody. Constant Contact is one. A email marketing scam! There is a button under the Manager Tools for them! If you are interested in a service like that, speak to SignPost. Value is much higher than Constant Contact. My point is you will have someone integrated with MindBody looking to squeeze a few bucks out of you weekly.

Online Payments: Again, a hidden MindBody business entity. Can only use the merchant company they have. You cannot even post a deal without have a merchant account with who they provide. Deals are ways to get discovered on the platform...the hook. In short, your are forced to have the merchant MindBody provides. More squeeze.

There is a 31 day cancellation policy in place, so I lost a few coins this month to a system they can't even figure out of how to diagnose and repair. I didn't argue with them to get my money back because I've wasted enough energy talk to the reps at MindBody.

Good luck business owners needing this type of service. I wish you the best!