2,147 reviews

2,147 reviews
Garrett E.

Learn It and Use It

Reviewed on 06/09/2019

Pros

I can not state more clearly that Mindbody is the leader in what they do. They have their faults because of the way it was designed originally but they are working on those every day but no system on the market is better. I have a feeling that a couple years from now, they be much larger than what they even are now.

Cons

the old design structure of the base platform could use some updates, which they are aware of

Ramin L.
  • Industry: Banking
  • Used Other for 2+ years

• Customer Support Software

Great for automation for business, also a good tool for user

Reviewed on 10/01/2021

With a few hiccups from the user side (booking classes) and the up-sells I wouldn't jump to use this again in the future. Of course, with Covid we have no classes any longer but should we begin holding I may stick to the simpler Eventbrite booking platform. Mindbody just dominated the industry here in Los Angeles and although they have a good system, I don't think it's worth the costs unless you are a very large studio that sells out every class.

Pros

I have used Mindbody from both sides of the fence, one as a user as well as a business owner. What I liked most as a user is that it's simple to use and allows the user to get a gambit of various class offerings without having to go to various different websites or apps. If you're looking for a yoga class at a certain time, a certain location- it gets you there and lets you book it right from the app.

Cons

This is strictly from the business side, it's a little clunky to use and again this is from the business side- the costs did increase over time with the add-ons. This can be very problematic because the up-sells didn't necessary equate to more guests to the mediation studio we were working through.

Emily K.
  • Industry: Accounting Software
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

MindBody is almost all the software you need for a gym or studio

Reviewed on 05/11/2020

Overall, MindBody is great and I don't think I've even used half of the features after several years of regular use. There is a way to do anything, and tech always provides good help.

Pros

There is a wide variety of ways that you can structure contracts and payments. The feature that allows you to attach PDF documents to each client helps towards operating in a more paperless manner.

Cons

Refunds and returns are a bit confusing. The product could also be improved with a better attendance system. They should improve the attendance feature. The sign in app apparently doesn't work and we have used a different sign in software.

Yakira A.

Great Interface, Difficult to Navigate, Addt'l Charges, Not Customizable

Reviewed on 12/08/2019

MBO functions like you'd expect a very large, very vast business to function - tons of features that you pay for but only a portion of which are usable or easy to access/understand. Super inflexible for making changes or to accommodate any customization. Customer service is nice and easy to access, a recent change to their credit. They also have their app dialed in, which was a huge win for us.

Pros

Super streamlined UX for the branded app
Easy to reach customer service
Great analytics dashboard for quick status updates

Cons

Charges kept going up for no apparent additional value
All add-on functions come at additional cost
Website integration very poor; no store option
Functions/features buried in an oversaturated back-end; back-end not very intuitive
Lack of customization on basic features, like booking window hour opening

• Industry: Consumer Services

• Customer Support Software

Too expensive for what it does

Reviewed on 06/06/2019

I was using mindbody to replace acuity for scheduling my yoga/fitness classes and coaching client.
It turns out that it has a lot of glitches for the users and on the administrator side it's overly complicated. It also doesn't have some of the features that I was used to (or perhaps I couldn't find them). For the cost of using this software I expected lots of bells and whistles, but they all cost more. I am a very small business trying to grow and have gone back to my previous software, Acuity.

Pros

The app is the one thing that is great about this product. I think it's why there are so many users.

Cons

The cost is far too high for a small business such as mine. When you factor in the exchange rate as well, almost my whole profit was going to rent and scheduling software.

• Customer Support Software

So bad it's almost a scam.

Reviewed on 18/02/2021

I signed up with Mindbody in August of Covid 19 and the salesman told me that if I needed to cancel early then I just needed to talk to them. So I talked to them in January, now that my business is in dire straights and I was told that my cancellation would be processed the following day. A week later, I was charged the $270 fee so I called and was informed that because my contract was not over, I couldn't cancel. The representative started throwing scripted BS at me like "our legal team review" and "terms of service". Eventually I was able to appeal to him as a human being and he conceded that it should probably be in their terms of service to honor what I was told by their customer service representative, previously. Nonetheless, he couldn't do anything to cancel my subscription. I waited (not on hold) with this guy for 40 minutes, waiting for a supervisor to get on the line. The supervisor never replied and the guy said he wasn't going to wait any longer. I eventually got an email denying my request to cancel but offering a $50 / month ransom to end my contract. Rather than fight with chargeback and collections, I'm just gonna pay the ransom, hopefully.

I'm presently on the phone for 33 minutes getting the runaround with a representative who keeps putting me on hold to "do some things." Maybe they just hope I'll hang up and give up.

Pros

Nothing. I know that a lot of other businesses use Mindbody and from the perspective of using it to book classes at other studios, I thought Mindbody was quite good. However, using it as a business owner, I found it very non intuitive and clunky.

Cons

It didn't help me run my business. You've probably tried other apps that seem like they will be great, and then they fall short. Mindbody is one of those apps.

John T.

MindBody for Music Schools

Reviewed on 04/04/2020

Studio automation is always a plus - if you haven't used Auto-Pay, you should really try it. Automated emails are really the best part. For us, it's slow, kind of clunky, and doesn't fit our needs as well as we had hoped. Them withholding our money was definitely the main impetus for our disillusionment.

Pros

Integrated billing/scheduling/contractor & staff payroll. Automated email messaging. Automated customer billing. A large variety of services thought to improve retention and conversion. Tech support is very knowledgeable, professional and helpful.

Cons

We've been using MB for over 7 years. It was affordable when we started, but has continued to increase in cost. It is now very expensive, by comparison to other offerings. The billing system is extremely complicated to set up and is difficult to train. It's really built for yoga studios, etc., and is not a good solution for music schools. The vast majority of the add-on products they promote are not useful to those that only book recurring appointments, like music schools do. They seem to be designed for pushing individual appointment booking, which is the opposite of what we need. There are constant "improvements" which always add more page loads - when we first started, you could go to any page on the site within 2 clicks. The daily tasks you need are now, all, at least 3 page loads away, if not more. In other words, their improvements always slow us down and don't add any value that we can perceive. The reason we're going to move to something else was cemented this week: On Apr. 1 our Auto-Pays ran like normal. On Apr. 2 they sent us an email informing us that 20% of what they owed us was being held to protect our clients due to changes from the COVID-19 pandemic. We were left scrambling for cash to cover checks we had already written. There was no warning that they were going to short us. They claimed that the "entire processing industry" was doing this, but I can find no evidence that that is true. It looks like they were holding back our money to protect themselves.

Chelsey D.

Amazing and dissapointing

Reviewed on 07/03/2018

Did a great job compiling competitive software services that we need for our business.

Pros

Very easy to use once you get set up and figure it out how to make it work for your business. Before MindBody changed their software capabilities... again... there was so much flexibility in how to use the software and it has so many very applicable functions for multiple business types. Customer service has ALWAYS been amazing and the interface is very customer friendly. It also has a great app for online booking.

Cons

How much the program changes in terms of the way the interface is used; every "update" has made the system very complicated for our businesses use, and we would constantly be retraining our employees how to use get around the new changes to use the software as we originally purchased it for. As of a month ago, they just implemented a new payment tier system that has limited our previous uses and is forcing us to pay an additional (went from to get most of the functions back and a bunch we don't want or will ever use for our business. Which leads us to our final issue... MindBody is constantly upping their prices. We have been with them for 5 years (???) and every year they are charging us more. In summary, too many changes with little warning, new functions are being implied that we don't want nor will use but are expected to pay for, and capabilities we had before we are now expected to pay more for after years of access. We wished we could have stayed with them, but they seemed to have outgrown our business and overshoot our needs.

Narinder S.

MindBody Cloud Based Club and Scheduling Solution

Reviewed on 23/07/2019

Overall Mindbody Software is life line for our SPA business and we are totally depended on this software for all kind of activities so for any small or mind size business that need to automate their work Mindbody is perfect choice

Pros

Mindbody Software offers various features such as Automated Scheduling of Email and text along with online booking, Appointment via Social media like Facebook and we can manage marketing capabilities via inbuild toolkit. We use Mindbody software for SPA.

Cons

Every Software has its own strength and weakness, as per our experience with Mindbody we have found few issues where they need to really works on one big aspect is Availability of Services( they had 3-4 major outages) which causes lot of problem to out customers and impact our business, second area that i would like to explore is software has few menus that feel cluttered while other menus are mostly blanks ,their documentation is also not updated sometime

Emily D.

• Customer Support Software

Great customer service, but countless glitches

Reviewed on 11/02/2021

Very so-so. I wouldn't recommend them, especially for the rates they charge. I'm looking elsewhere right now.

Pros

The pricier versions have everything you could possibly want in a booking software.

Customer support is generally helpful (though it often takes a long time to get through to someone). Their email support is great.

Cons

I can't swipe credit cards for new contracts, which may be the MOST important thing I do. I've switched to paper waivers, which is a huge headache, but no one can seem to figure out why this is happening.

The business app doesn't update class sizes when people move off the waitlist, which is a minor annoyance, but has been happening for months now with no updates.

Worklists would be fantastic, as would better reporting overall. (To run a report to find people who have visited at least a certain number of times and who haven't been back for a certain amount of time, you have to go through multiple steps of tagging one group of people, then filtering out another group - which is a huge waste of time.)

Their rewards program is a joke. There is no way to manually update client's rewards, and no way to assign a reward to someone who referred a client who subsequently purchased a membership - which seems like the whole point, right?

They bill themselves as some kind of premiere software, and like to talk other companies down - but other companies seem to listen to their clients much better than they do. No wonder they are losing customers in droves.

Alissa R.

Mindbody Review

Reviewed on 13/08/2019

Pros

Comprehensive. Lots of features and options. A lot of reporting (although I think it could be better). The app and the exposure you get as part of that.

Cons

Simple tasks can be far too complicated. It at times does not feel it is built by daily users. If so, some of the steps needed would seemingly be decreased (although I will say this has improved somewhat over time). Absence of a solid dashboard report. I have to pull numbers from several places and numbers for a certain metric report differently on different reports. This causes me and my team to lose confidence in the reporting. There also aren't simple and common metrics reported like membership sales closing rate or member retention rate. I get frustrated that we have to outsource a lot of functions to other vendors for things that could be integrated into the software. Things like more customization of the auto-emails. More options for the retention emails that we pay a pretty penny for at the highest level. Finally, customer support responsiveness is not consistently great. After last year's conference we established a contact who was for a time responsive but then fell off. Now it seems like a complete headache to get any issue or question addressed. We are a 7 location studio who spends over $25K for your software annually. I feel we deserve a dedicated and responsive rep.

Kim P.

MindBody Review

Reviewed on 14/08/2019

It has helped us grow our company

Pros

Very customizable and easy to navigate

Cons

It's pricey for a small business to get all available features but it works well with the less expensive versions

Amy I.

I LOVE MINDBODY

Reviewed on 26/08/2019

Overall I am happy with the product.

Pros

I love that Mindbody allows me to keep notes on customer account history, I love how great the customer support is, when we have an issue we call and they help us immediately. I love the tutorial videos. I love that many studios and spas use this software so my previous skill set at my past employers prepared me for my current position with my current employer. I like that there are so many features and ways to fine tune the software to your studios personal needs.

Cons

Sometimes I find it to be not very intuitive. Luckily I have worked with the software for a long time so I am lucky to know so much, but especially when training new hires it can take a while for them to get used to the features of the program. After 2 months or so I feel like they get into the groove.

We want to be able to take Apple Pay.

Alexandra R.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Room for opportunity

Reviewed on 25/07/2019

Surface level, it is great! Easy to use and commonly known by both teachers and students. Once we get into the more technical sides it becomes a little more frustrating.

Pros

At a very basic, elementary level the software is relatively easy. Especially, in terms of checking people into a class. POS is also pretty simple. MBO is great for a surface level use.

Cons

I’m the retail manager for a region comprised of six studios. Half of my job is to count and recount to see where MBO has gone rogue. For example, sometimes it will duplicate an order, you can fix it, but next time you check on it, somehow, magically, the fix has been undone.

There are also annoyances with browser compatibility. When you are doing a sale with a gift card, you cannot copy and paste the gift card number, you have to hand type and specify the exact dollar amount of the gift card. Super inconvenient, especially if the student doesn’t know the exact amount of the gift card. Also, ringing a gift card like this won’t work if you’re using chrome.

It is also frustrating that we have to find workarounds for solutions to issues like ones I have listed above. MBO support has never provided solutions

Response from MINDBODY

Hi Alexandra-

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We've sent your review to your account manager for follow-up.

Jeff G.

Mindbody on Your Mind?

Reviewed on 04/09/2020

Overall we have been satisfied with this software, otherwise we wouldn't have stuck with it for this long. There are other, cheaper scheduling software programs out there that do the same bang for your buck, but we advise people to compare when shopping first. This can be a bit pricy especially if you don't use all of the bells and whistles.

Pros

My company has been using this software for over 5 years and I don't think that we have even scratched the surface of all of the features that it can do. We have been satisfied with it's easy use.

Cons

Because it is such an extensive software, the price can be rather high. Especially for small businesses. To top it off, they keep raising the prices every couple of months, but we don't see any new features or improvements to justify the price hike.

Review of Mind Body Software - Plan Carefully

Reviewed on 09/02/2019

It's like being provided a Mercedes, but owners should determine if they need that Mercedes when a Ford might do just as well. The Mind Body Certification process that has recently been implemented is SOMEWHAT helpful, but it still comes up short. Now we are "married" to Mind Body and pay the Mercedes price for resources that we do not use. My recommendation to anyone considering this software is to investigate it thoroughly before making the purchase and determine if all of the bells and whistles are needed. The more bells and whistles, the more complicated the setup.

Pros

Mind Body software has a vast amount of capabilities to support a small med spa business. There are many tools.

Cons

Mind Body is NOT user friendly. I believe, because it does so much, it's hard to touch on everything that it can do for the business. There are many tools but the instructions on how to use those tools are difficult to find. Likewise, the screen shots used in the tutorials or instructions are sometimes out of date which also make it difficult. The person who set up this software for our medspa did a poor job; she's gone, and it's left the remaining staff struggling with why things work they way they do. We could pay to have a complete overhaul but that would be an added expense we do not wish to incur.

Mariana K.

Switched back

Reviewed on 26/08/2019

All in one software. It was important to me that I could run reports, do payroll, credit card processing, scheduling, e-commerce, and marketing all in one place.

Pros

Scheduling made easy but my favorite part is how much faster it is for me to do payroll. Has all the features we could want and more.

Cons

There are a lot of steps to do certain things and it really takes someone who knows the software to set things up and update things. I know the program pretty well now and can navigate through but some of my employees still fumble around. This could also be due to them not taking othe time to do the trainings included.

Kara B.

• Customer Support Software

Mindbody is completely worth it!

Reviewed on 17/05/2019

I love MINDBODY, and feel that our continued growth is due to the fact that we use the tools to learn, and implement great strategies in our business.

Pros

MINDBODY is the greatest all-inclusive software. Scheduling, payment processing, reporting, CRM, branded apps, widgets to make your web site look clean. This software plays multiple roles - CRM guys! That alone is such a great feature. The user interface is easy to navigate and is visually appealing. The research that the company does in our industries provide great insights. If you are looking for just a scheduling software that you can set up and schedule classes/clients, MINDBODY is probably not the greatest bang for your buck. But, if you are looking for a partner that will help you develop and grow your business, if you use the tools they give you, then MINDBODY is well worth the money.

Cons

I don't like that we must use iPads for check in, but it's not a deal breaker. I would just prefer to have the option to use a less expensive tablet. However, I purchased refurbished iPads and got a reasonable deal.

Lancer F.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

• Customer Support Software

Best Value For My Business Needs!

Reviewed on 20/07/2016

My clients love using Frederick to schedule their appointments with me. It's easy for them to use, and they also like the text reminder feature, especially. They also like to receive reminders to book their appointments again, as not all of my clients can book an appointment at checkout because they're busy and have varying schedules. I also enjoy the feature because there are times when I don't have time to schedule their next appointment because another client is waiting.

Pros

Ease of use and the options with the smart marketing. I can control what things are sent out and turn them on and off at will.

Cons

Sometimes the text reminders don't work. When someone posts a review, they are unable to change it later if they want to, without assistance from customer service.

Response from Frederick

Hi Lancer,

Thank you for your review. It's great to hear that both you and your clients are loving the Frederick Platform. We look forward to helping you continue to grow your business.

Re: text messages not working, if you are ever experiencing issues with this, please reach out to support: https://support.hirefrederick.com/hc/en-us

Thank you!
Aly

Jeanette W.

Expensive But Good for Some

Reviewed on 06/03/2019

Used this software for 5 years and had excellent results. When our locations downsized it was overkill for us. If you are willing to pay the money it is a lot of product.

Pros

This software is perfect for those who are marketing large quantities of products or services. Very customizable. If you learn all the functions of the product it can be very helpful. Reporting is top notch. You can almost pull any metric that you can think of. Ability to link to bar code scanner. Can link multiple locations together. Can also easily transfer inventory between locations. Very good scheduling functions that are available by person or by resource. Excellent online scheduling features.

Cons

Pretty expensive in the long run especially if you have multiple locations. You have to purchase a separate program for each location. This system can be overwhelming with all the bells and whistles. If you don't set up every product just right with reorder quantities and minimums and maximums, you cannot use several of the features. Definitely requires a very detail-oriented, intelligent person to set this up correctly.

Michael F.

• Customer Support Software

Can be complicated at first, but after you ununderstand how to use it it's pretty powerful.

Reviewed on 07/11/2017

Alllows me to accept payments from clients with relative ease after their payment info is on their profile. Bookkeeping and tracking of all sales.

Pros

The ability to download reports on many different stats, and further the ability to download them as different formats, like excel and pdf,

This allows for easy tracking and book keeping.

Cons

-Payment enter information for a user can be a challenge, they need to make a login and password. This is ok if they use the MINDBODY app for other health and fitness services but most of mine don't, and they don't want to make another use account. So instead I have to take their payment info by phone, when it's be easier for me to send them an electronic form to fill out and it would auto populate their client profile.

-calendar is hard to use for blocking time off, for example if away on vacation etc. needs to be more like google iCal, it would be even better if it could sync with google iCal (the reverse) to see if there are any calendar appointments that would otherwise make that person unavailable at that time. calendar needs to be more adaptable and allow overlap of different things if necessary.

Renee D.

Too Many Ways to Do the Same Thing

Reviewed on 14/08/2019

Overall, I think that MBO has a lot of helpful features. I like the different reports available and I think that there is a lot that I can utilize. Unfortunately, figuring out how to utilize all that MBO has to offer often isn't the easiest task. I have had to rely on MBO support before (which has been pretty helpful), but I wish that the software was inherently more intuitive.

Pros

I like that we can take care of booking yoga classes and massages all in once place.

Cons

I don't like that there are multiple ways to do the same thing. I wish that there was one streamlined way to get a specific result. For example, you can check out an appointment through appointment screen by clicking check out OR by clicking retail through the appointment screen OR by going straight to the retail tab. Each way looks a little different and it is confusing for new staff to understand why there are so many ways to do the same thing. I also feel like we frequently experience errors through our website and have issues with clients being able to register. MBO often lets us know that it is an error on their end and that it is often due to system updates.

John W.

I would not recommend

Reviewed on 24/05/2019

Pros

My wife and I used MindBody for her yoga studio for 12 years. For most of that time, it was the go-to software and one of the only options on the market. We learned how to use the software by attending their MBUniversity two times so we were completely committed to learning the software over the years. For the most part, it helped us run the studio much better than our former one and paper method (ha ha) and I loved the reports.

Cons

Once MBO became public, they changed completely. Customer service became awful. The staff seemed irritated and it would take hours to get to speak to someone. There were always weird glitches that we had to create work-arounds for and the mobile version was awful. I also disliked their Mind Body Connection app where students would see all of your competitors when they were signing up for classes. It really made no sense. We switched to WellnessLiving 2.5 years ago and while we had about 6 months of stress, it has been much better, and it much less expensive. MBO is seriously overpriced.

Erynne H.

Good Software but Could Be WAY Better

Reviewed on 16/11/2018

Pros

Streamlines sales of products and services which is a big win for our business. Most reporting features are intuitive and easy to use/apply. The business app tied to the software allows for some functionality when working events or out in the community.

Cons

The price is over the top if you have multiple business locations. You cannot host software features for specific locations that need them - it's all-or-none which forces you to pay extra for things you don't use on smaller locations.
The app has big limitations on what you can see and do in the system so it is cutting off your ability to run your business on-the-go unless you can still access the desktop version.
We'd love to be able to have an automatic rewards system but MBO doesn't allow - you have to track it manually.
We'd also love to post workouts and have a way for clients to sign in and log their info but it's not a supported feature.
Hold times for tech support are LONG but it's the most effective way to get questions answered since the online forum doesn't address most of our specific questions.

Jennifer P.

Lots of Functionality UI could use some help

Reviewed on 03/09/2019

The customer service is phenomenal! It is a key reason we have stayed with Mind Body. The platform is challenging at times to use but there is always someone there to help us.

Pros

It does a lot! It does more than what we use it for but we are always learning

Cons

It is not an intuitive user interface. It is tidus and cumbersome in a lot of ways. Wait time for customer service can be quite long....like several hours at times. Use the call back feature!