Mindbody

Customer Support Software
3.8/5

2197 Software options

Melissa N.

Mindbody is a one stop shop to mange your gym

Reviewed on 10/08/2021

Pros

It allowed me to manage memberships, class schedules, employees schedules all in one place

Cons

Sometimes I noticed there were glitches where I may have to enter in information twice but they were minor and did not keep me from refreshing a page and getting my work done

Zen Planner

Reasons for Switching to Mindbody

The ratings, reviews, and pricing
Alysa F.

• Customer Support Software

MindBody So many options!

Reviewed on 10/05/2021

It was a great experience and I recommend it to anyone who has a studio that needs to keep track of their inventory, members, sales all in one!

Pros

This software has so many features, and sadly I don't even use half of them! It has a great way to keep track of your inventory, to have quick sales (water bottles, towel rentals) your memberships, drop ins, class schedules. Everything you need to run your facility quickly and with ease. When we started this software it was already partially set up, but I had to go back in and with the help of the staff team of MindBody, we set it up properly. Their staff team is also super helpful and they have many seminars and resources to help build your business.

Cons

It was a bit of a learning curve to set up - but that could also be due to it wasn't fully set up when I started working here. The other thing is the price, for our studio, we are too small to use it at the moment. I do miss the support team and the events!

Julia T.

• Customer Support Software

Terrible software, terrible customer service

Reviewed on 27/10/2020

Customer service is awful. The message always says they have an unusually high call volume, so it takes hours to solve any issues, and half the issues the techs have never heard of it, so they just punt.

Pros

The software is good at booking clients, and minding the number of sessions remaining in a package. It reminds clients of appointments.

Cons

The point of sale is a nightmare. They have NO point of sale effectively. They don't even allow an instrument as a chip reader!!! The only solution is a 3rd party instrument that costs $900, and does not fully integrate with the mindbody software. They forbid you getting a functional Credit card terminal, and have no options. This system is a constant source of grief. It double charges clients all the time, they say they are "trying" to get it to stop, meanwhile I get a dozen furious calls a week from clients who complain. The company has had an urgent fix in the works for over a year. I could go on, this is just the tip of the iceberg. Aditionally, they charge way above what I can get credit card processing for on the open market, but they forbid any competition in this arena.

Gina B.

Mindbody post virus apocalypse

Reviewed on 07/07/2020

In normal times, mb while not perfect is worth the expense. There are a lot of features and you used to be able to call them 24/7. But in the world of covid, it's too expensive and it's even harder to access customer service, the hours are limited and the wait times very long. We put our mb account on hold- which costs $50 a month- you can actually get software for that amount. Pre-covid rating is 4 and now it's a 3

Pros

Before the virus hit, I loved Mindbody. The high monthly fee was worth the expense because the software automatically links up with 3rd party vendors like Class Pass and gym pass. Plus nearly every studio is using this software so it's easy to pick up traveling clients or sales via their dynamic pricing option. In short, the subscription is super high but in normal times you get a lot of it in return. This is not the case at the moment. They did offer 1 month subscription relief and 2 if you commit to 2 years but I don't know if we will make it? Most of the support staff is super friendly and helpful.

Cons

Given it's many features, the software is sophisticated and not easy to use. Could never figure out the private yoga feature or how to show the studio was being rented so for us not to be able to do this - it was very expensive. Also we were one of the first studios to live stream so we got set up prior =however not all mb reps could accurately advise how to set up. We paid for adverting on fb and google, got many clicks and zero conversions- people kept getting tripped up in mb. A survey indicated over 30% of users had a hard time booking, paying for or accessing live stream classes on mb. I literally spent all day every day troubleshooting with mb reps, instructors and clients. I wonder ho many people we lost that got turned off? We decided to move our live stream and on demand off he platform.

Stephanie A.

MindBody Software is Mostly Great

Reviewed on 12/09/2019

Honestly, software is software these days. But my experience with MindBody is that the team of people they have behind the scenes is absolutely phenomenal. They just put on the most amazing in person event called Bold, and I was so impressed I already bought my ticket for next year. They also do a yearly training on their software called MindBody University, and I have heard great things. I'm hoping that once I attend, I will fall in love with the software as much as I have with the people.

Pros

It has a lot of features that I need to run my business, like reports, memberships, and online booking for clients.

Cons

I do not find it intuitive, and sometimes it's glitchy and inconsistent.

Vagaro

Reasons for Choosing Mindbody

I needed more functionality than it provided. Honestly, I also tried Booker, Full Slate, and Massage Book.

Bookeo

Reasons for Switching to Mindbody

It came recommended from my mentor.
Zoé F.
  • Industry: Government Administration

• Customer Support Software

Hard to use, but a Good customer value

Reviewed on 04/09/2019

Very very very difficult to use, too much features for nothing. You had to search deep into the back-end system to change a minor feature.
Customer account was hard to manage on the administrative side.
Good software for fitness centre that only have classes. Not the better software for Sports Complex and facilities rentals.

Pros

Minbody offers a lot of features and everything is possible for the client.
Our customer could be aware of any changes in their rental or account.
Customers could have a look of our facilities schedule before calling us to rent a facility.
Customer could see Public Swim & Skate on the Mindbody Website easily.
Customer could access their account on the Mindbody App and get all the information about their course directly on the app.
Merging accounts was easy.

Cons

Very difficult to use and learn. A lot of specific terms, difficult to learn for baby-boomers employees.
Rentals could not be filtered or sort other than by transaction date. So if we booked a facility 6 months in advance, and change the date 1 months prior, changes were 4 pages before the actual rental.
There was no way to bill our client monthly.
We used it for more than a year and a half and our employees was still having issues with basics and daily steps.

Amilia

Facilities management
Lori M.

MINDBODY software

Reviewed on 31/08/2019

I wouldn't want to change. Software changes are difficult to walk staff through. Price increases may impact that over time. Partly because it is ever evolving and slowly but surely we get functionality that we need. The software is greatly modifiable, however, we have hit quite a few roadblocks of things that we need that we just can't do because we do not have the typical boutique business model.

Pros

Ability to interact with clients through auto-e-mails/texts.

Cons

Not built specifically for fitness centers so lacks some functionality specific to a non-profit fitness center. Definitely built for a boutique studio.

Lauren W.
  • Industry: Sports

• Customer Support Software

Excellent at providing options, but slightly over-complicated

Reviewed on 08/08/2019

Overall, this product is a good solution for any gym or membership based company. I have not been able to find an option out there that has as many capabilities as Mindbody does, so I've chosen to stick with it. While it does have some inconveniences, it is a very reliable flexible software, which at the end of the day is the most important thing anyway.

Pros

The sheer range of things this program can do is extremely impressive. Having just one program that can do so much is a huge plus in terms of simplicity and frugality. Specifically, it is very nice to have a POS, scheduling software, and online booking all in one. You can have two computers set up at your gym that can handle everything. Extremely convenient.

Customer service is pretty good. I never had to wait on hold for longer than a few minutes. Sometimes the help takes longer than seems necessary and is difficult to follow, but I think that is more than fault of this somewhat convoluted software than the actual customer service itself.

The software is easily accessible from anywhere. Surprisingly, their mobile platform is actually pretty good!

Cons

The main Con in a word is Convoluted. Everything is multiple steps, navigating the software can be difficult, and the layout is not intuitive in the slightest. I strongly dread training new employees on this software. It usually takes me about two hours just to go through everything with them...It's a headache. Like anything else, it's not too bad once you learn it, but learning it is not fun.

The POS is a little clunky. Processing is a bit slow- this was an issue even on a new computer. At my former employer, we actually ended up buying a different POS because we were so tired of putting up with the one built I to Mindbody. We still used the Mindbody one for class and competition registrations, but everything else (open gym admissions, merchandise, snacks, and drinks) went through the other system.

Eric P.

• Customer Support Software

Leading and inspiring the health and fitness industry

Reviewed on 07/05/2019

I've truly found Mindbody as an ally to help run my business. The company and community around it is why I'm in the health and fitness industry. It is inspiring to see a company trailblaze positive change in the public's heath and look forward to be associated with Mindbody for years to come.

Pros

Mindbody is easily the most powerful and comprehensive software available to help run your health and fitness company. What a lot of people may not know is that this company is leading the charge to improve health and fitness in this country and throughout the world where Mindbody is found. Having spent time at their campus in San Luis Obispo, I've seen it first hand. I go to the Mindbody University events to learn and to be inspired. It is a comprehensive program so it can be complicated. With time, you can master this program then use complementary software depending how sophisticated you want to be with your company.
It is confusing to see so many complementary software programs, but to the best of my knowledge, I believe Mindbody keeps from duplicating every idea/program to not degrade the work that they do with the foundation of the work that they do well.
This company is innovative and trailblazing ways and features that will enhance the clients experience at your gym/studio and easily the best feature is the ability to use a mobile device to run the software and create and pleasant experience for the user.

Cons

I believe if anyone considers using other software, it is because you are forced to use a specific credit card company with Mindbody. The sophistication to take different types of payment is lacking in such a monumentally successful software program. They tried to roll out a mobile dedicated payment device called POYNT which has been disappointing. It is clunky and unreliable, but I was pleasantly surprised to be able to return for a credit on my account. There are reports that the payment system is being revamped and it would be a revelation and would make the system truly complete.

Diane W.
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

So thrilled we found Mindbody

Reviewed on 12/03/2017

After running our sailing school for 20 years under the county park system, our supervisors decided to discontinue the park's registration services. We were suddenly thrust into an administrative role where we had no experience. As I blindly searched for a registration solution, I stumbled upon Mindbody. My initial deduction was that the product wouldn't work for the types of programs and services we provide. I explained this to the Mindbody representative and described all the reasons why it wasn't a good fit. She listened to my rant and one by one dispelled my objections with solutions in the Mindbody software. Not only that, she assured me that Mindbody would be there to hold-our-hand through it all, and that the price was well within our budget. I had no choice but to sign up on the spot. 8 years later and Westwind is stronger than ever. In the first year of using Mindbody, our registrations and revenues were the best they had been in 5 years despite the ongoing recession. Our business continues to grow and evolve and Mindbody grows and evolves with us. I was blown away the first time I noticed improvements in the product based on requests from the clients. Now it's just the norm. I recently discovered Mindbody BOLD and Mindbody University. Both were some of the best business conferences I've attended in 30 years of running my company. Bottom line: Mindbody is a dynamic and forward thinking company that sincerely cares about its staff and customers. I strive to run my business this way and I find that I use Mindbody as a role mode. LOL! I'm not getting paid to say this stuff, it just really is that good!

Pros

Dynamic, adaptable, cost effective

Cons

Would like more emphasis on 'enrollment' aspect of software since that is what we use the most.

Response from MINDBODY

Thank you for the review, Diane!

Unprofessional experience.

Reviewed on 18/01/2018

online booking, record keeping

Pros

It provides you with at least some type of software. They promote themselves pretty well, which makes them more known.

Cons

They overrate themselves, as the software does not have as much capability as they say, in several areas. Too expensive or can become that way, in order to have all the features you need, because you have to hire additional entities to get certain features that are not included. We now have a software with just about everything included in the pricing. MB's pricing increases quite often. I did not appreciate that in the beginning when training with them, they don't tell you how many limited hours they give you and are actually monitoring, but in the long run, they tell you how much of their time you've taken up, when you never knew there was a limit or that you were being monitored. The whole time they're telling you it's okay, you're fine, we'll give you as much time as you need. In the long run, they used this against me. Had they told me this info from the start, I would have hesitated or been more stingy in asking my questions and reaching out for assistance. I finally left MB when I had an unprofessional experience wherein I was mistakenly included in an interoffice email wherein they said some false, mean-spirited ' unprofessional things about me. That was the final straw. I am much happier now with my current software provider.

Response from MINDBODY

Thank you for sharing your experience with MINDBODY. We are sorry to hear about the situation you outlined regarding your business being discussed by our employees in an unprofessional manner. We'd like to look into this situation on your behalf. Would you be comfortable sharing details about your business with our team at [email protected]?

Katie D.

Great Platform, Always Growing

Reviewed on 26/08/2019

Pleasant. I like it if you can afford it. The company is upstanding, good people and always working to grow the offerings.

Pros

Mindbody is a great standard of performance for any thriving, mid-size studios. It houses a lot of the things needed to make my studio work. I do think it's very expensive for what you get but the team behind it is incredible.

Cons

There are many features and functions I need it to have that it doesn't. I used to help build apps. I know what's possible.

WellnessLiving

WellnessLiving

Reasons for Switching to Mindbody

The depth of marketing and CRM, payroll and tracking
Ron K.

Mindbody needs several updates

Reviewed on 14/08/2019

MBO is the center of all our business operations. We don't want to buy all the features from partner companies. It would be more convenient to have them incorporated into the main software.

Pros

I like to diversity of the product. I like that its a data base with all your info in one place. Customer info, class schedule, staff payroll, retail products.

Cons

The payroll module has not been updated since I've been using it, 2007. Staff pay roll report does not calculate the hours worked. It lists all the classes, but not hours. The clock in /out feature in not appropriate for Yoga teacher or massage therapists, because they are paid as employee's per class. But the state requires all employees to list their pay in hours to accumulate Paid Sick time.
The mindbody Payroll report doesn't calculate the hours. The performance report is not a good work around because it includes times that are in between sessions and in too often inaccurate.

The Heal code or Branded web. since mbo acquired healcode, the feature has not had many updates. It should be user friendly and offer more options to look and function better on our websites

This is my main beef! Please update your software to comply with state and local laws.

Aaron L.

• Customer Support Software

Always Raising Prices - Do Not Get Trapped!

Reviewed on 26/08/2019

Their software is alright at best. They are going to need some major improvements and innovation if they are going to want to keep their clients. These days most platforms are able to integrate with each other, and once everyone realizes that then MindBody has lost their competitive advantage, and I guarantee I'll be the first to switch.

Pros

It gets the job done. Basic scheduling software, collects a lot of data, but they don't provide tools to find the important parts of the data that would help you make actionable decisions.

Cons

They allow third party companies to take advantage of their clients. For example, they allow ClassPass to integrate with their system when they know that ClassPass is taking advantage of mom and pop business's unsophisticated approach to business.

They also continually raise prices without offering anything in return. Once you start using the platform you are locked in. It's extremely expensive (money and time) to switch to another platform once you start running your business on MindBody. They understand this, and keep raising prices because they know that your not going to leave.

Kristina C.

Mindbody Online Brings in More than it Costs

Reviewed on 19/09/2018

I don’t know how I would run my business without MBO. It makes my whole operation run more smoothly and takes care of so many details that I simply would not be able to manage. Thank you MBO!!!

Pros

I love all of the value. Added from MBO. On the home page I’m easily able to see how many. New customers have found my business and purchased services through the MBO app. Every month that number is higher than the cost of the software so I’m actually making money by not switching to one of the less expensive services. I also LOVE the MBO support staff and how easy it is to get someone to help with any problems or questions. Every year more services and programs are added that have helped my business grow since I first started 5 years ago.

Cons

When I first started learning how to use MBO five years ago I found it difficult and not intuitive. I believe that the platform has improved since then and, as I said, the support team is very good at helping you to figure things out. That said, there is a learning curve for new employees simply because there are so many features and it can take a while to find your way through to do what you need to do.

Kathleen K.

• Customer Support Software

Not just software - it's a total business enhancement product!

Reviewed on 30/04/2019

My experience with MindBody has been amazing and I can't recommend this company enough! From the sales people who listened to what we wanted to do to the training that can't be matched anywhere else - to the ease of the software use.....I love this software and it's well worth the price because you get SO much more than just a software package.

Pros

I love the flexibility and detail of this software. There isn't anything I can't do - even if it's not directly named as it is in my particular business, there is usually a module or screen that I can use for my purpose. And, I love the reports and the wealth of articles that I can go to if I find something that I need help with! I think what I love most though, is that the company is invested in my business success and they actively look for ways to help and have great suggestions. Not, only that, there are places to interact with other business owners to get even more ideas. And, that training is top notch - personable, caring people who truly want to help and ensure success. Amazing product - Amazing company. Oh - did I mention the branded app! Our customers think we're SO cool because we have this!

Cons

There isn't much I don't like, frankly! I wish the credit card reader worked a little better. It seems to have issues more often that not and makes me hand enter the credit card information - which costs more. I have tried getting another reader but have the same issues with both.

Nikki T.

Good but not great.

Reviewed on 20/02/2018

Pros

This software has a ton of features, and is a very powerful tool if you have a very large business. The check in feature is not one that I have found anywhere else, and it's very useful to my business.

The on boarding specialist was super knowledgeable and very helpful in getting everything set up.

I really liked that you could tailor make this to suit various kinds of businesses, not just spa and health companies.

Cons

Technical support was a bit lack lustre. You often had to wait over 45 minutes, sometimes up to 1.5 hours on hold to get someone on the phone. That person would then just try to search the problem themselves, and often I would just end up hanging up and spend hours trouble shooting myself because support had no idea what to do. A few times they just could not solve my issues with printers, and cashdrawers auto functions, and blamed it on java, saying there was nothing they could do. Very early on my key broke in the cash drawer and after several calls around, I was told the warranty would not cover this-very annoying.

Most importantly, they then raised their already overpriced subscription by a significant amount, and I realized all the headaches were really just not worth the price anymore, so I cancelled.

Marshall E.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

• Customer Support Software

MindBody is a complete solution for Wellness, Spa, Yoga, and Business Management

Reviewed on 29/05/2017

The software manages all aspects of my business. I run both an appointment based business and class based business from the same instance. The ability to easily separate my revenue streams is pretty handy.

Pros

The software is excellent for both appointment and class based businesses. MB has excellent features for many different industries. It is by far the most feature complete system available. There are constant improvements and MB cares about its base. Changes are thoroughly tested before being released. A rich partner network allows you to expand functionality in many ways. Mobile apps for both the provider, owner, and client are available. Mobile solutions are easy to use. Reporting is easy after some training.

Cons

MindBody's insistence of not making their consumer mode mobile friendly is fairly annoying. Reporting interfaces are inconsistent although I understand it is being rewritten and made more consistent. There is a steep learning curve and your success as a client seems dependent upon the person who did your initial setup. There is little consistency in that arena.

Sonia L.

• Customer Support Software

MindBody software helped my business grow

Reviewed on 19/05/2019

My experience with MINDBODY so far has been exceptional. Their tech and support team is great, as is the learning opportunities via the MBOne forum for business owners and managers, MB On Demand Video, and their conferences MBUniversity, and BOLD.

Pros

What I like most about the software is that it's made my life as a business owner so much easier by giving my clients the ability to schedule and pay for their services online, freeing up my time to do other important things for my business. The reporting is also a huge deal because it gives us the ability to analyze our business and make good decisions based on what's really happening in our business instead of what I think is happening.

Cons

If I had to say there is a con to MINDBODY it would only be that the core software needs an updated look. That's a purely aesthetic thing and I know they're currently working on it.

Errol T.

We’ve Grown Together

Reviewed on 19/09/2018

Over the years there have been frustrations and incredible successes using the software. I sum up by quoting my wife who’s statement was used in a previous Mindbody promotional campaign when the Online Scheduler first went live....

“I go to bed and wake up to money in the bank and clients in the studio....what’s better than that?”

Pros

The versatility of the product is unmatched. When we started with Mindbody 15 years ago we asked “it would be nice if it did..... whatever”. Within short order the ability to accomplish the task, operation, filter, exclusion, inclusion was integrated into the software. Now I call Support and ask “Is it possible to ...... and how is configured?” Almost always the solution is has already been solved. If it hasn’t, the development team seems to make it happen. While not every time, so often it feel as though it is.

Cons

As with most things the increasing cost of the software. Despite this, the value is still so high that we share and refer all the studios we come to work with worldwide.

Sarah Z.

Impersonal and Overpriced Premium Support Services

Reviewed on 04/03/2017

I attempted to use MindBody for my dog walk company. After speaking with a helpful and knowledgeable salesperson for weeks, doing my due diligence, I signed up for Premium Account Services to help me configure the software to my needs. The basic set up, adding employees, service types was easy. However, the software has many choices and variables. Signing up for Premium Account Services seemed helpful at first. But, be warned there are pitfalls. They do not keep track of your hours (that is on you, which I find ironic considering it's management software). The other issue was the lack of experience of my account coordinator. I had made an outline and flow chart to indicate my needs to the service rep - the structure of the services and neighborhoods. I was told by the initial sales person that this outline/chart would be used to set up my MindBody software - then the coordinator and I would review the necessary changes. Instead, I was walked through by a rep who kept explaining every feature, in lengthy detail, creating more questions than answers. Upon complaining, I was handed off to two different managers, waiting weeks to resolve the matter. They offered me a few extra hours with the same rep. While that works for them (no time/money to get a new rep up to speed) it did not work for me - it did not work the first time, why try again. In the end, I found better software that was designed for dog walking companies (which I will write a 5 star review for after writing this review). I have been attempting to cancel my MindBody account for weeks. There are hoops, many hoops to cancel. I am sitting her waiting for a call back on Friday night, with a 90 minute wait. Even if you cancel, it can take "up to 30 days to process," so they get you to pay for another month no matter what you do or say. I regret entering into their contract and will seek legal action if my account is not canceled tonight, as the email to management I wrote last night went unanswered. There is better software out there...this may be the largest name, but the customer service is awful and you definitely become trapped. They also keep trying to sell me more products - like an app for my business. While I am trying to cancel, they are trying to sell me an app - pathetic. Too big, too uncaring, too one sided. Avoid them if possible.

Diane B.

We love MindBody

Reviewed on 03/06/2021

We are big fans of the MindBody application. Easy to use, easy to navigate and the customer service staff is absolutely wonderful!

Pros

Ability to schedule various types of services in one central place and view all staff appointments in one place.

Cons

Would be useful to have a variety of integration points with other softwares such as accounting software. Cannot easily generate a report that shows account adjustments for a prior date which sometimes can be cumbersome when reconciling our YTD sales with our books.

Christie M.
  • Industry: Sports
  • Used for 2+ years

Small Businesses Beware

Reviewed on 25/02/2021

For the first couple of years it was fine. It was easy. It took a little bit of time for my students to get use to the program, but then it became very easy. Once we had the massive price increase it was REALLY hard for my business because not only did I have to find a new platform, but MINDBODY also housed all of my packages, package counts .... it was a horrible mess for MONTHS.

I would not recommend this company to any small business company OR anyone who wants or expects quality or even GOOD customer service.

Pros

The software was very easy to use, loved that I had my own ap. Made booking for my clients very easy and made the appearance of my company look and feel welcoming, inviting and legit.

Cons

I was with MindBody for over 3 years and then they restructured their company. The sent a letter out about a price increase that was "coming". When I received my letter of price increase .... it was not a PRICE INCREASE it was a gauge into a small business. It was a price increase of 300%. Not a type-o ... 300%!!!!! I called them multiple times and asked, begged them to adjust the pricing to help a small business. Their response .... "sorry its our new policy". The big issue was that I wanted to keep my existing app that was already created, already hosted and they wanted to charge me a ridiculous price to also keep my app active and online.

Ana claudia N.

• Customer Support Software

Easy to use and functional

Reviewed on 10/06/2021

Overall experience with Mindbody was great, the staff has always been friendly and helpful and the software offers a range of different reporting to help you to manage and take business decisions.

Pros

Great costumer support, easy to use, allow to see schedules at glance, offer different reports allowing you to make business decisions on data, compare year to year sales.

Cons

The only issue with the software for me is that is more focus on class bookings, as I use the software for beauty salon I feel that in some aspects is more effective.

Isabelle B.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Exercise scheduling made easy

Reviewed on 22/08/2019

My overall experience has been very fruitful despite the initial experience with the difficulty involved with being "confirmed."

Pros

I really appreciate the seamless way MindBody is incorporated in apps I use for specific yoga/exercise studios. I use it through Modo Yoga, and have foudn it to be so helpful that I don't have to sign in every time, and that it is super easy to sign up for a class, without going through a bunch of hoops.

Cons

I had some difficulty signing up at first, because it required confirmation from the studio in order to create a user profile. I also wish that I could refer to previous schedules in past weeks. I would also appreciate a coordination with iCal or google calendar that places classes in my apps/calendars (maybe this already exists?). Also, I wish that studios were more proactive about updating teacher and class descriptions, but that is no fault of MindBody!