mHelpDesk

Win more jobs and grow your business with mHelpDesk!

4.3 /5 (795 reviews) Write a Review!

Jeremy R.

• Customer Support Software

Priority Appliances - Another Happy MHelpDesk Customer !

Reviewed on 03/05/2019

Overall, the benefits have been great. It allows us to organize our business according to our set-up, rather than shoehorning into someone else's. MHelpDesk has become our bible and effectively helps us run 600 work orders a month to the highest level of customer service we can.

Pros

The software is highly customizeable, and constantly evolving. Our favorite feature is that the programmers always seem to be looking for ways to improve. As a service business, constantly innovating and finding ways to provide a higher level of service to our customers is crucial, so it's it's nice to partner with a company that is always improving themselves.
In addition, for the things that MHelpDesk does not (yet) do well, its exporting and reporting features allow us to integrate with other programs seamlessly to mitigate our manual entry. This way we can partner will several systems.

Cons

This is a minor issue. The platform's appearance is a little dated looking, but very functional. It would be nice if there was a way to bulk upload photos, but those are the only complaints we have.

Response from mHelpDesk

Jeremy, thanks for the feedback. We're glad to hear that mHelpDesk has been helpful for your business. Please continue to let us know if you have issues or ideas -- we're always improving the platform! Thank you for your business.

Emily D.

• Customer Support Software

The software is easy to use for any person- whether you are a computer pro or have basic...

Reviewed on 08/06/2017

Pros

I love the fact that I can create custom fields for my jobs that will translate over to invoices. I can make custom fields for each type of service I provide. You can also create custom fields for your customer profile. It absolutely amazes me as I never thought I would find a software tailor made for our niche company- a commercial diving firm. With being able to customize everything from customer profiles to job to invoices I can have the exact software and features I need and am able to disable other features I don't need. Also the customer service is seriously stellar- 5 stars! Every person I have spoken with at MHelp Desk has been extremely helpful , informative, and professional. You can call, email, or even live chat with customer support to suit your needs! They also have loads of resources if you are a do it yourself-er. Between watching videos on their youtube channel to utilizing the community forum- I have hardly needed any assistance setting up my account and utilizing it. The import from Quickbooks is seamless and so simple- it makes switching to a new software insanely easy. 10/10 would recommend!!

Cons

The only con i can think of is having to put my appointments in a time slot. I have not looked into this all the way yet as I am still customizing everything. With my business our service calls do not need time slots and the customer are not present for the work so it would be helpful to see all my appointments for the day without them being assigned a specific time. (even this isn't a real big negative for me more of a pet peeve). I bet if I asked them they could figure out how it can be set up like this!

Luis C.

• Customer Support Software

Best option we found for a Professional Services Automation (PSA) platform.

Reviewed on 11/07/2017

It does the job we need it to do: a Help Desk for internal and external use and Service management.

Pros

For what it does and the price, it was the best deal we found after having looked at other a dozen alternatives. We hardly use half of what it advertises it can do, but all we needed was a Help Desk and Service Ticket platform for our use as a security systems integrator and MSP provider. Their salesperson was extremely patient and helpful, and hosted multiple webinars for stakeholders who could not all attend at the same time. It's still rough around the edges that we need to tweak, but it's 10 times better than trying to use our CRM to do service tickets like we had been doing.

Cons

The interface has that odd feeling, take-up-the-entire-screen-realestate look that supposedly a websites that have to be "Google search friendly" are forced to contend with. Reporting is weak. Some info on screen like service ticket numbers can't be selected with the mouse for copying and pasting, strangely, and not all information detailed areas are easy to get to. No Salesforce integration, but supposedly that is coming someday soon.

Luis C.

Update to previous review after 3 years

Reviewed on 24/07/2019

Another really pet peeve that I did not have enough space for under Cons: It's ridiculous right from the beginning and for years now, you can't hide or remove former users you deleted from the Staff List. Anyone you add will be there forever, cluttering up your view of the Staff list.

It's things like this, while initially we were very much advocates for mHelpDesk and thought it had a lot of potential, our views have changed because it just seems stagnant. That, and given subscription prices have risen a lot more than when we started. We've been able to negotiate lower prices as a long time customer, but if we had to pay today's rates based on what we know now, we would look for something else. And it's ok enough for us to stay, but if they were to raise our rates to current, we'd strongly consider leaving.

Pros

We initially liked this platform because for what we needed it was one of the best values out there at the time. Granted, anything was better than what we had, which came down to mostly notes in a ticket system in our previous CRM.

Cons

Many things have become cons over the years, mostly because we have seen very little improvement from our point of view. It's like development has been minimal at the most.

For example, it has some glaringly missing auditing capabilities. A person can assign an Item in a Work Order/Jobs under another person's name, and there is no record of who did it for accountability.

The "Items" area is where you add both parts and labor to a ticket, but sometimes you want labor or other general notes that do not print up on a Work Order/Job. However, you can't select which get printed on a WO/Job and which do not, it is all or none.

If you sell systems on leases, there is no easy way to track or separate the leases. You can create customer fields for the lease, but if there is more than one lease involved, there's no easy way to do that. We've ended up having to create multiple accounts for the same customer to keep the leases separated, which can cause confusion like which account should should the work order/job be one.

There is only a check box for Billable when you add work to a ticket. There's no way to add other options like "Warranty", "Rework" or "Service Plan" plan, for example.

You can't add negative quantities to a Job/WO. Meaning while you can add items used in a job, you can't track material you're removing from the site in the same way, such as things you are crediting back or exchanging.

Response from mHelpDesk

Luis, thanks for the review. We're continuing to make investments in the user experience so be on the lookout for new functionality this year and into the future. We're glad to hear that our Customer Support team has been helpful and that mHelpDesk has been useful for your business. Thanks for being a customer!

Michele H.

• Customer Support Software

mHelpDesk has become an asset to our business!

Reviewed on 28/03/2019

We are a HVAC service company. Until mHelpDesk we were using paper invoices with our techs. We now have the entire company history at our fingertips. mHelpDesk has helped us become much more organized and has simplified our techs responsibilities as well as our office staff.

Pros

This software is easy to use and to navigate through. I love the ease of looking up all our jobs and customers information. The staff at mHelpDesk are so patient and personable and so helpful, they put customer service at the top of the priority list and that is very important to us. This summer will be two years since we signed on with mHelpDesk and we have no complaints, only compliments!

Cons

I can't say I can really think of anything.

Response from mHelpDesk

Thanks Michele! We're happy to hear that the switch to mHelpDesk has been an easy and productive one. Thank you for being a customer!

Bojan B.
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

• Customer Support Software

Application you wish to know before

Reviewed on 02/04/2019

This application is covering my entire daily workflow. I really don't need anything else and my customers are amazed as well. Lightning fast, friendly and professional. I have a small repair shop and my visitors and customers are blown away when I give them my tablet with the app to put their information in the system by themselves. Small effort and enormous result.

Pros

Simple, intuitive, spot on on funcionality, customizable

Cons

I honestly can't point anything out - it's just amazing... something some little things becoming a bit annoying but before you can react to Customer support or ask on a forum - there ya go - new update and problem solved

Karen M.

• Customer Support Software

Highly recommend this product. We used to use WINTAC and made the switch and couldn't be...

Reviewed on 18/01/2018

Pros

Mobile friendly and ease of use. Customer service is great too! Another Pro is that as we type in the address, it is linked with Google and it will give you the full address with correct spelling, with city and zip. It cuts our time down in entering addresses; along with ensuring the address is correct for our technicians. No more misspelled addresses!

Cons

Some times the click down feature gets stuck when operating from my iPhone and it won't allow me to select things. So I have to click save and do it again and then it works. I think it is a bug with the new iPhone; hoping they will fix it soon.

Response from mHelpDesk

Thank you so much for your review, Karen! We're so glad that the mobile app has been helpful for your business.

Scott H.

• Customer Support Software

Customer Support is quick and helpful

Reviewed on 27/03/2018

Pros

Mhelpdesk is a great tool for team management. Custom templates for job tracking/invoices and custom statuses allow you to tailor and streamline your documentation for your team.

Cons

Unfortunately the scheduling and estimating Features are very ineffective, the lack of customization kills the value that this software could really add to our business, in the 2+ years we have used this product no significant advances have taken place to make these features better.

Abbey T.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

• Customer Support Software

Great program, a handful of glitches every now and then.

Reviewed on 20/12/2018

So much better than what our business was using before. So many more options to grow into.

Pros

- Organization
- Less physical paperwork.
- Payment options
- Direct email/text to clients

Cons

- The search function isn't the best.
- I cannot go ahead and create an invoice in advance that is in a sequence like I can a job.
- I have had a hard time getting our invoice/work order templates set up the way we want.
- Glitches have happened a couple times that has made a lot of work in restructuring recurring jobs.

Response from mHelpDesk

We really appreciate your sharing this Abbey! We're glad that we've been able to help Inside-Out save time, and will share your product feedback with our team. Thank you!

Gari S.

A Blessing For Our IT Department

Reviewed on 20/09/2018

Pros

After our company grew to the size it is now we very quickly outgrew our IT department. This software has been very instrumental in the communications between our employees and IT. Any requests must go through Help Desk to help organize and manage the massive amount of issues they deal with daily.

Cons

We haven't had any issues with this software. It has worked the way it's supposed to from day one and we're happy.

William F.
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

• Customer Support Software

Great software and great service.

Reviewed on 28/03/2019

MHD keeps it's word:
Open API capability and multi warehouse functionality were required when we switched to MHD. The MHD sales team advised that other customers had requested the same and that these were in development. They kept their word.

Pros

This is a fantastic product which provides all the functionality we require to provide service to our global corporate clients.

Cons

Absolutely nothing! The software is reliable and the customer service is outstanding.

Response from mHelpDesk

William, thank you so much for the review and for being an mHelpDesk customer. We're thrilled to hear that you have been able to use the API and multi warehouse functionality.

Excellent Service

Reviewed on 06/02/2019

MHelpDesk has helped out company become better organized and provide better service to our customers.

Pros

It was easy to set up and import our database. Works seamlessly with Quickbooks. The ability to create a an estimate, convert to a service call and ultimately an invoice makes things simple. Everything from scheduling service calls to billing can be done with a punch of a couple of buttons. Great Mobile App!

Cons

The reports aren't as customizable as I would like and the monthly cost is a bit steep.

Response from mHelpDesk

Thank you so much for this feedback. We really appreciate it!

Samuel C.

• Customer Support Software

mHelpDesk program has already cut 10 hours a week in office work for me.

Reviewed on 31/03/2019

10 hours a week of less office work at home. The mobile app allows me to send invoices, receive payments, close out deals, and attach pics without have to write anything out. It's a lot cheaper with better customer service/tech support than any I tried.

Pros

The customer service/technical support is perfect. I needed a lot of modifications to invoices, estimates, etc. The reps helped with every step. He was able to do a bunch of things without me having to log in. If you have more than 5 accounts this program will save you a bunch of time. I tried 8 other programs before I found mHelpDesk, one I entered old invoices for 10 hours, only to figure out it couldn't be customized to what I needed. I recommend taking advantage of the trial. It will speak for itself!

Cons

I don't have any complaints. Every issue I had was fixed by the tech support.

Response from mHelpDesk

Thanks Samuel! We're thrilled to hear that the mHelpDesk product and support team have helped you get up and running quickly. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help. Thanks for your business!

John T.
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals
  • Used Other for 1+ year

• Customer Support Software

This service management platform helps you to schedule and organize tasks and generate...

Reviewed on 06/08/2018

Pros

The application provides free training to help you use the application well. Supports the different workflows, be it scheduled or unscheduled. The application ensures great customer service. For every work order, you will be able to generate relevant estimates and invoices. The best feature is that you can manage all your employees and work orders in one place. It has a robust searchability feature. You can easily customize the templates. It helps you track work orders and update them. You can add notes and comments, which will be seen by respective team members. By a click you can send all your data to QuickBooks, eliminating data entry. You can work by enabling the offline mode any time you lose internet connection.

Cons

We can’t add multiple administrators in to the platform which is a a very bad drawback. Mobile tracking lacks accuracy.

Bryan H.

• Customer Support Software

Turned our business around!

Reviewed on 19/03/2015

Before Mhelpdesk, our business was very inefficient. All of our work orders were printed on paper and our daily route sheets were paper as well. Once the work was completed, we had to wait sometimes until the next day before we would see the results of the work completed when the tech turned in the paper, And in some cases 2 or 3 days if the technician was in a remote area. This made us look very unprofessional to our customers.
After Mhelpdek, we now operate very effectively, with precision. All of the work orders are real time updated from the technicians mobile device at the job site. This has allowed us to operate more profitably and with less errors. Many times, there was questions from the customers about the work performed, now with auto emails that are sent to the customer real time, those concerns are no longer there. The customers receive an email every time a job is completed, with detailed info of the work completed and they can even log in and see before and after pictures.
Bottom line, Mhelpdesk has greatly reduced our front end office work and has made our field technicians more effective, which means as an owner of a small company, the focus can be more on growing the company and not stuck in the office shuffling paper.
I highly recommend this product for a small service business. I have a degree in IT and I have done my research looking for a good solution. I can tell you that Mhelpdesk and the team behind it, has the mindset and fortitude to keep their software a mile apart from their competition, not to mention, its priced very reasonable.

Jeff T.
  • Industry: Accounting Software

Industry Leading Service

Reviewed on 12/01/2016

Pros

My favorite quality of MHelpDesk is their responsiveness and willingness to help our company whenever we need assistance. When we were initially looking for software, a lot of companies wanted to charge us for up-front training costs plus assistance with the software after you purchase it. MHD does this all as part of their great service they provide.

Cons

There is nothing currently that i dislike but MHD, but I would love to see this product communicate better directly with other software that we are using.

Collin B.

• Customer Support Software

I had an overall great experience with mHelpDesk. I had such a great experience that I...

Reviewed on 04/04/2018

QuickBooks does everything that this does and then some. It keeps track of all expenses and every transaction. plus you can do your taxes directly from the app and all invoices and deposits go directly into your accounting software. It syncs with banks and credit cards etc. Way more cool features giving you everything in one place that makes it a lot easier.

Pros

Easy to use, streamlined, keeps everything organized and fast. What really sold me was that I was able to submit estimates directly to my customers before even leaving their home.

Cons

I found out that their service is ridiculously overpriced. The features are all nice but its missing quite a few big features that competitors are offering.

Tyler P.
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

• Customer Support Software

Very difficult to use, not helpful customer service. Very glitchy. Was not impressed

Reviewed on 19/05/2018

Once the glucthes started going away and it because more user friendly it was nice to keep scheduling and invoices.

Pros

I initially enjoyed that this softeare could replace quickbooks and lotus scheduling until it turned into a nightmare and I was losing more information than I was gaining.

Cons

Everything about this software was irritating but as updates came out it did feel like the glitches were getting fixed

Response from mHelpDesk

Thank you for your feedback, Tyler--we appreciate your candor and wish you had had a better experience. We really try to serve all of our customers and support their businesses, but sometimes the fit isn't there. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you or AQM in the future.

Khadija A.

mHelpdesk Review

Reviewed on 09/01/2019

Pros

Notices of employees or customers being locked out very helpful.

Cons

Search function not user friendly, and sometimes difficult to know exactly what areas are being searched.

Response from mHelpDesk

Thanks for your feedback Khadija! We really appreciate your business, and will share the thoughts on our search with the product team.

Angela F.

Frustrated With The Reporting

Reviewed on 29/03/2019

MHelpDesk is fine for a basic company but we are now needing more than what they have to offer. We have tried to explain that but they we have not updated anything that we need.

Pros

I liked the home page of the website for the admin. I also like how you can search for a customer with different info.

Cons

I hate the reporting on MHelpdesk. When you do a report on sales or anything else when you click on the number there is NO detailed list. Example: Sales for each tech for month of March Joe -$115,000 John-$200,000 and Jack-$125,000. You can ONLY see the total sales NOT a detailed list of what those total sales consist of. Plus any job ticket that has 2 different sales techs name on it the sales is split. For some industries that is ok but not if you have installers that install jobs and tech that sell.

Response from mHelpDesk

Hi Angela, thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We have passed this information to our Product team. In the meantime, please let our Customer Support team know if there is any way we can help.

Jo-ann L.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Hover feature no longer works!

Reviewed on 28/08/2018

I DO NOT RECOMMEND this program. As of now, it has made our business less profitable and more difficult to manage

Pros

Scheduling used to be easy and tracking of calls fairly good. We made it work even though we are in Canada, Customer service is there, but mostly their answer is "send us a feedback message" when they try to answer your questions. Imports transactions into Quickbooks

Cons

When you hover over the truncated mini view of the schedule on the calendar it does not automatically open to preview the full extent of the job any longer, which means that you have to open each job to see what it is and try to schedule from there. It's very time consuming and what program doesn't give a preview when you hover over information??? DROPS CUSTOMERS AND PHONE NUMBERS AND HAS TRANSPOSED PHONE NUMBERS AND ADDRESSES, doesn't show current day by highlighting it to know you are working in it to name a few, THEY DROP PROGRAM FEATURES WITHOUT WARNING.

Diana R.

• Customer Support Software

Customer Support is excellent!

Reviewed on 29/05/2018

Pros

It is feature rich for a great price. It is easy to use and has many tutorials (if even needed). The scheduling and invoicing system are terrific.

Cons

The search function is not very good. I'm told it will be upgraded, but it has been quite awhile now.

Moises D.
  • Industry: Building Materials

Best app

Reviewed on 20/11/2020

I have been using this application for 2 years. it is quick and easy to use

Pros

Equality Builders, easy to use, keep track of all assigned work.

Cons

I believe that it is the most complete app, for my work I think it is the best

Denise G.

• Customer Support Software

Excellent and efficient business management tool

Reviewed on 08/03/2018

Pros

I would highly recommend this to those in my network outside of my organization. There are plenty of custom features and the customer service team has been excellent thus far. I love that I am able to track every part of a transaction and interaction with guests and clients.

Cons

The overall user interface is easy to use but could be a bit updated in look and features within the software.

Rodney M.

IT Group rollouts out Mhelpdesk

Reviewed on 20/11/2012

Keep it coming lads, every time I see an update come up in my mailbox I get excited to see whats next (yeah sad i know)

Pros

My Engineers love it, so they use it everyday
We have replaced 3 other well branded expensive systems with Mhelpdesk,

It has allowed us to capture over 15k in billing that otherwise slipped through our billing process.

It so easy and quick to step, we have recommended it to 3 of our partner companies who have all taken it on-board as the main ticketing/support system in their companies

We have actaully changed our whole business process to fit with Mhelpdesk rather than chage Mhelpdesk to fit us.

The Mobile app and signature capture has resulted in Zero invoice rejections from our clients.

The support is second to none, every request is handled in a timely and professional manner. They never make you feel like the dumb customer

Cons

Problems interfacing with the Irish Version of Quickbooks.

We could due with Multi VAT rates as an option on invoices.

To be able to have different ticket entry screens would allow a greater deployment to other divisions within our company