Ted S.

• Customer Support Software

One of the easiest CRMs to learn yet very robust

Reviewed on 19/02/2021

Pros

I really like the layout and tab system for quickly navigating to relevant data and files attached to the case you are working on. ACT! Was the first CRM I learned to use and it has only gotten better with age.

Cons

I had a little difficulty figuring out how to get the datasets i needed to query properly but that wasn't a problem with their platform, it was a lack of knowledge.

Paul B.

A GOOD STABLE BASE FOR CRM ... JUST WISH ENHANCING WAS A LITTLE EASIER

Reviewed on 31/10/2019

We need ACT, and it is the core of what we do. We would like to see ways that we can add depth and richness to a good platfrom

Pros

I like the fact that a team of 5 can share effectively in real time, I like the ease of changing layouts and adding fields, and with Seamless the ablity to easily prdcue high quality documenation. It's link to outlook and ODBC is good and it is a stable, which being at the core of our business is a good thing

Cons

There are many things I think we could do to be more productive but can't, and we do see fields being changed or lost "by themselves". The web version was a poor version of the Pro, and we haven't been able to make it available when offline, which is a frustration.

David O.
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Good As A Contact Manager, Not As A 2020 CRM

Reviewed on 30/12/2020

ACT! was very helpful in moving our business forward at a time where we mainly needed to focus on contact management. Now that I need a true CRM, there are better alternatives for us.

Pros

I used ACT daily for years. It works well as a contact manager and can help track email conversions through an Outlook plugin.

Cons

The program lacks the advanced functionality you would expect with a modern day customer relationship management software. The design is also extremely dated.

Cody H.

THe company has been using it for at least 10 years

Reviewed on 14/12/2017

THere are a lot better CRM's out there figure out what you are using it for and what you need and start shopping I could suggest a few but to me they are a bit industry specific.

Pros

seems very simple and we had a long standing relationship with ACT with the in house CRM. So we had a lot of our contacts already on board and it does keep track of contacts.

Cons

When I came on board about 3 months ago I suggested going to the cloud the idea was well recieved and I contacted act. We intially had some issues uploading the information some of which I will admit was my own fault. when I did the software lagged extremely bad. I contacted the company spent almost 4 hours o the phone (mostly on hold) the first time and then didnt get a call back untill about 9:30 that night. Then the trial was running out with out the issue being resolved I asked them to extend it while we tried to fix the issue they told me I had to buy it and then they would be able to fix it....

Louis C.
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

• Customer Support Software

Act! CRM gives our company what it needs . Ease of use which boosts our team's productivity...

Reviewed on 13/12/2019

We are happy to upgrade to ACT CRM for their cloud based services, for Act's collection as well as consolidation of our sales data for marketing use and for new business acquisition . Act has also become
an off and online supplemental data base for our company.

Pros

We loved Act's flexibility and ease of use as each of our team members were able to use Act with their mobile devices and phones. Our team members reported that Act's updating process is quick, painless,
and automated. In addition , their user interface was quite intuitive and made for generation of highly
configurable reports in a timely manner .

Cons

We have found Act to be a solid and multi faceted CRM. However , we would love more tutorials on importing contacts for business use and referral. By importing we would value some kind of scan
utility feature for use with cell phones and tablets. That said , once a client enters contact information ,
Act will make a connection and provide information regarding parent companies or further supplemental data. This feature proves extremely useful.

Nathan J.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Small Business' should use ACT! for organizational needs.

Reviewed on 13/04/2020

As long as you are not trying to overload the system creating multiple profiles for many companies, this product works great for smaller companies trying to get their foot in the door for a cross connection software with sales, help desk for technical team, and financial support all in one.

Pros

You can input any information and update it and the information can be seen by anyone in the organization. Makes communication between teams very simple and quick.

Cons

I am not a fan of the way they use multiple contacts past two for a business. If there are a list of people to communicate with each profile has up to two contacts, with more than two a new profile for the company has to be created, creating multiple profiles for each company which can cause confusion for other sections of the company, including processing payments and sending to the wrong contact at the other end or returning a product to the wrong section of said business.

Heather B.

We Love it!

Reviewed on 13/06/2019

I think we would be lost without ACT! We have had it for 4+ years now and it seems to be the glue that holds all the information together!

Pros

Easy to input customer information. Easy to look up info. Print all our contracts and labels.

Cons

Recently started charging more. Meaning they now charge for each computer that has software running on it.

Robert C.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Powerful Contact & Correspondence Management

Reviewed on 28/12/2017

I would recommend that this application be considered for those shopping for a contact management and email correspondence archiving tool.

Pros

ACT! is a power contact correspondence management tool that archives your emails with a given individual for future reference. It also help track agreements and proposals sent by email, dates, and changes in contact information. Contacts are logged by name and company, so it's easy to find all emails to and from a given company as wells as an individual. The tool is very powerful and provides a lot of function including many tools that I don't need to use. These are likely useful for sales people.

Cons

Some of the functions are bit hard to find. For example, the add note function is hidden on the page as a tiny icon. Once you get used to the system, however, it works fine.

Peter B.

• Customer Support Software

ACT! has served us well for more than twelve years.

Reviewed on 27/02/2017

Pros

ACT! is my client record system of choice. We've been using ACT! for at least twelve years. I find it is an easy way to track client details and history. Data entry is simple. I particularly like the fast Search function. Keyboard shortcuts make the application even easier to use.

I have tested other CRMs. ACT! has always ranked top of the list for me. ACT!'s annual updates have always improved the product. Customer support has improved year by year too.

Cons

The Outlook interface is good but the synchronising facility could be better. Sometimes we experience hang-ups when synchronising selected lists between ACT! and Outlook.

Lisa I.

• Customer Support Software

works within our team as long as you discount the qwerks between versions interfacing

Reviewed on 05/09/2017

sales data collection, contact info saved, record of calendar events, etc

Pros

ease of scheduling is good in this software, adding information to the database is also quite simple and user friendly.

Cons

Do not like the way the different versions of this software sync up together - desktop version versus cloud version do not react well together within our office.

Response from Swiftpage

Hi Lisa,

There are quite a few ways you can set up database synchronization in Act! It sounds like the deployment you're currently using might not be the best implementation for your business.
We'd be happy to advise you on best practices. Just give us a call and explain your business needs.

Thanks

• Industry: Financial Services Software

• Customer Support Software

Portable and Convenient access to your contacts!

Reviewed on 27/08/2018

Allows me to track customer interactions immediately upon leaving their office while the conversation is fresh in my mind! Reduces the amount of paper and any problems associated with lost paper notes.

Pros

The fact that I can check my customer notes from anywhere I have internet access is great. You can be called to a last minute meeting and have all your customer notes at your fingertips before walking in to their office.
The ability to dictate notes using your phone or tablet is also great.

Cons

Occasionally glitches out when moving between contacts and agenda items.

Steven T.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Customer Service is Awful

Reviewed on 22/02/2019

Pros

It is a good CRM solution. It works well with my sales team. It accomplishes what I need it to do.

Cons

Customer service is horrible. There are times where the software would go down and they would not compensate or even be concerned that their software wasn't working. I have spent numerous hours in one day trying to tell them my software was broken and they would never listen or fix the problem. It took another hour to escalate it to a manager or supervisor who didn't know how to fix the problem or give a solution. Frustrating.

Richard H.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Solid CRM Program

Reviewed on 29/05/2019

I have been using ACT for over ten years and found it well suited for my small business application

Pros

I particularly like the fact that it has all of the fields that I need and it is easy to use.

Cons

I guess the most I like least is the amount of features and benefits that I am not really using due to the fact that I like the simplicity and don't go for the complex. I am sure I am not using the software to its true potential but I like its consistency and ease in application and process.

Elaine G.

Why I have used ACT for over 20 years

Reviewed on 29/01/2019

I have been with ACT for over 40 years and rely heavily on this software to run my business.

Pros

ACT combines daily tasks with communication with my contacts. We have stayed with ACT because of the multiple functions it provides. Also it now syncs with Outlook and my phone so I have everything I need with my always. Since they went to a cloud based format, everything works together.

Cons

I wish it was compatible with MAC. Other than this, I am extremely happy with my choice.

Susan M.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Great Software - Easy to Use

Reviewed on 08/08/2019

The cloud version on my phone or tablet is not as easy to navigate like the desktop remote version.

Pros

Easy to use and navigate. Able to review notes from past clients and track follow up easily.

Cons

Upgrades. Every other month when the upgrades occur, I have to spend one hour on the phone with technical support since it never uploads correctly. I have been a user of this software for 16 yrs. I know what I am doing but the upgrade never works as intended.

Greg G.

ACT CRM Review

Reviewed on 22/07/2016

Pros

This product is a solid CRM for keeping track of your customers and their orders. It is good for a basic or general CRM for the SMB market. If used correctly you will never have a problem of not knowing the last thing a customer ordered, where a customer moved, the rep assigned to the account, the last person in the organization to communicate with the account or the type of infrastructure the customer has. Overall it is a solid product that provides the basic qualities of a good CRM tool.

Cons

ACT sometimes gave issues with integrating with other tools. There were sometimes issues with providing reports of the data within the system. Overall I did not experience too many other issues though

Luke T.

• Customer Support Software

We have been using ACT for our recruiting database since 2007.

Reviewed on 15/05/2018

We were able to design a custom database to manage both clients and candidates in a very efficient manner.

Pros

It is fairly easy to use and customize. We have over 15,000 contacts in our database and the reporting functions allow us the manage our contacts efficiently.

Cons

The relationship between MS Office and Act requires updating about every 3 years. We are currently on our third version of ACT. Upgrading is easy though and the customer support is excellent.

Michael S.
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

• Customer Support Software

Its okay - there are better cloud based options...

Reviewed on 04/12/2018

I am the admin and a user as I am in ti everyday. I administer users and do training.

Pros

Easy to use - feels familiar even on first use and isn't hard to get started.

Cons

Cumbersome and slow. Once you start getting thousands of contacts in the system get use to watching the hourglass. Server needs to be restarted weekly. Their cloud based solution is lacking in features and not as mobile friendly as other options.

Dave L.
  • Industry: Information Services

• Customer Support Software

One of the best CRM's on the market

Reviewed on 21/12/2018

We have used ACT! for years and could not function without it. It allows us to close prospects and monitor the entire sales process. Once they are clients, we can manage them easily.

Pros

Probable the most powerful CRM we have used. Once it is set up it allows you to follow the entire sales process from prospect to sale.

Cons

Can be difficult to set up initiallly. Issues with a couple phones compatibility.

Jeffrey D.
  • Industry: Automotive

• Customer Support Software

ACT as a multiple tasking CRM and more.

Reviewed on 18/01/2017

ACT is an outstanding CRM tool, but we use it in multiple ways to not only connect and keep connecting with our customers and prospects, but also use the mail merge function to create packing slips, invoices, and sales orders for our products. Smaller firms leverage all tools they have, and ACT is used across our platform for many multiple uses making it most cost effective and productive for our operation.

Pros

Capability/Capacity

Cons

Update the templates in mail merge function. They are really old.

Amazing software

Reviewed on 12/09/2018

The fact that I can track all e-mails from my clients within ACT.

Pros

I have been using this software since it first came out known as Contact Software. I have been through every version so you know that I like it. The interface with Word works beautifully.

Cons

I mind the high pricing. In today's market with other competition this product should be priced better.

Daniel W.

ACT Database manager

Reviewed on 18/04/2019

I have been a user since 1989. Customers support has always been good and I would be hesitant to use anything else.

Pros

It is very comprehensive and customizable. Keeps all my contact data in one place with web access anywhere.

Cons

It is not the easiest program to learn. There are many facets to the program, some which I am sure I am not utilizing.

Emerson R.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Full Customization

Reviewed on 16/04/2018

Expensive but if you can afford it, the custom software is a great business tool for dealing with customers across multiple departments within a company.

Pros

When we first started using this program, there was a rep. from Act who went around to each department and made specific profiles for each department that allowed us to see the information we use on a regular basis. The lady worked with us for over a month to get everything set up like we wanted. Now each department can access all the information in Act but the information is tailored to accounting, or warranty or reception, etc.

Cons

It took a very long time and lots of revisions to get the program set up for our needs. Thankfully the ACT rep was patient and worked with us until we had what we needed.

• Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

• Customer Support Software

There isn't a better contact manager on the market

Reviewed on 17/05/2019

Managing a large database of contacts allows me to seamlessly look up information

Pros

I prefer a desktop application for contact management it's a bit of learning curve to start but the customization it's exactly what I needed to do

Cons

Active slow down my system using SQL Server I do notice of reduction in performance but it's negligible

Angela F.

• Customer Support Software

This is the worst CRM ever! I wouldn't recommend this to my worst enemy.

Reviewed on 27/11/2017

It is easy to use when it is working correctly.

Pros

It is easy to use when it actually works. I receive emails advising my current version is expiring quite often so it keeps me informed regularly.

Cons

The syncing feature doesn't not always work between the different platforms that we have in our office. In an office of Sales Reps, we need a CRM that will sync in real time but sometimes this CRM won't sync for an hour which makes it difficult for us to schedule appointments for our Sales Reps.

Response from Swiftpage

Hi there Angela,

Sorry to hear that you've had a poor experience with Act! I understand where you're coming from, and you're right that while using our remote database synchronisation feature can allow for very flexible office/out-of-office set ups, it does remove the 'real-time' sync capabilities.

Did you know that our Act! Premium Cloud service allows you to access you data (hosted by us) in real-time over the internet from anywhere in the world?

We really appreciate your feedback, and we're committed to make improvements across the board with every release! I really hope we can restore your opinion of our software with some of the improvements we've got planned in the future!

- Jon,
Act! Social Media Specialist