Nutshell Reviews

Nutshell

CRM and email marketing that helps your business grow.

4.0/5
Customer Support Software

Bill
Bill
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Great Feature-set Without Complexity

Reviewed on 02/11/2018

I run a global consulting practice with hundreds of corporate clients and thousands of individual relationships that I manage. Nutshell lets me manage it all. It's my dashboard for everything in my company. It's entry-level rate is worth every penny.

Pros

I've used Nutshell for three separate businesses that I've run or owned. Each one considered a small to medium-sized business. Nutshell is perfectly suited to us because it's lightweight and easy to learn. It doesn't require an in-house expert on the app (like SalesForce). It's basic feature-set is all I've ever needed, and the support is terrific. Real people at the end of the phone, with fast responses. And, it's made in Michigan! It has a lot of simple customizations that I use; workflow, custom fields, leads, etc.

Cons

Integrations are somewhat limited, but still, plenty to work with. I'd like an integration to RingCentral's app. Also, it doesn't' handle subsidiary company relationships well. I've had to create a workaround with tags to help connect them.

John
  • Industry: Machinery

Excellent CRM for our Niche Application - Best of Multiple Reviewed/Used

Reviewed on 27/06/2022

Excellent! The customer service has been responsive and the system has been 100% reliable.

Pros

Barrier to entry was low with minimal upfront cost needed to evaluate the software. Ease of use for a small company with minimal resources to devote to developing, executing, and maintaining the system.

Cons

So far the only con that we have experienced has been in the reporting functions. This could be a by-product of our unique needs or our lack of resources available to investigate it further. It does seem limited compared to Salesforce.

Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Choosing Nutshell

Cost. Ease of implementation and end user usage.

Salesforce Sales Cloud
Jason
  • Industry: Sports

• Customer Support Software

Great service... very helpful and nice staff

Reviewed on 07/05/2017

Seeing activities of sales people and success of campaigns

Seeing activities of sales people and success of campaigns

Pros

Lead tracking and value of leads. Notification of wins. The reporting oand tracking of activities. I like to set activities up as different campaign. It is great for tracking the success of different sales campaign.

Cons

The App!!! Can't move a lead along the stages using Android. And you need to schedule an activity instead of logging an activity. The idea of logging is an activity is log what you just did. It is great on the desk top version. But on the App, the user finishes a cold call ..hops into their car and needs to schedule the activity the log it! I have complained about this for years. Nutshell team does not seem to understand how on road sales reps work. Very frustrating!

Response from Nutshell

Hey Jason!

Thanks for taking the time to provide some feedback. We are making enhancements to the app and hope to release these in the near term which should reduce your frustration.

Thank for being part of the Nutshell community.

Keith
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Great Customer Management

Reviewed on 09/11/2023

Been really good, and any tech issues are handled quickly by support team.

Been really good, and any tech issues are handled quickly by support team.

Pros

I love how this pulls from Quick Books via import to add new customers I invoice, and then brings in all emails from them prior and new.

Cons

I occasionally get duplicate contacts but I think that is my fault.

Madalynn

An Elegant Yet Powerful CRM

Reviewed on 24/10/2019

We are now better organized with our sales process and are more collaborative. This allows us to keep our important information in one place that is easy to use and work as a team to get things done!

Pros

I love the filtering ability with our companies and people lists. It allows us to really drill down and get the exact metrics we want. We are better able to see a lot of information at a glance in a dynamic way.

Cons

I would love more options when emailing groups of people in the system. Currently, I need to only use templates when emailing groups and I would like to be able to type out the email in one shot instead.

Pipedrive, Nimble, monday.com, Copper, Spotler CRM, and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Choosing Nutshell

We realized we did not need a ticketing software but something more like a CRM, in looking over a lot of options this was the best price point and the best fit for what we needed.

Freshdesk

Reasons for Switching to Nutshell

A lot of the other systems seemed overly complicated to use, we had a relatively short onboarding period to get our people trained quickly. The price point for the number of features was the best and most sustainable for our company. And we feel like we can grow with Nutshell.
Jean-Marie

Perfect solution for startups

Reviewed on 09/01/2021

Everything was really great. From the sales, through deployment, and ongoing support.

Pros

Ease of use, easy integration, great customer support, easy to learn and solid documentation, and many more.

Cons

Some features need improvement or expansion but our rep told us all the ones we asked about are already in their production queue.

James
  • Industry: Wholesale

• Customer Support Software

Oh Yes! ......in a nutshell!

Reviewed on 27/06/2023

Slick, user friendly even if your not a tech minded person. Your white glove service was so welcome. These things helped us make the decision to run woth Nutshell over others.

Pros

So easy to learn and implement for our business. Support was great as well.

Cons

Have yet to be disappointed with this package.

Clay
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Nutshell at a glance

Reviewed on 10/08/2023

Overall it is a minimal way to organize clients and priorities. I would prefer that the software handle more of my work such as Quotation, Commercial invoicing, some Accounting, Payment tracking, Request payment reminders for partial payments. I am interested in starting my own office and rebuilding Nutshell system to suit my needs. 281-799-0158 Clay Estrada

Pros

Customer information storage, Lead priority organization. I like that I can get on any computer when out of the office and the screen looks exactly as at my desk.

Cons

Slow recall for data, Search feature often does not find client easily. I feel that the system was never set up properly by our team. I am certain that we are nut using the best of the software's capability.

Joe
Joe
  • Industry: Hospitality

Happy with product

Reviewed on 12/10/2023

Happy with overall experience. Would definitely recommend as it saves a lot of time and generates a positive ROI.

Pros

Relatively easy to use and automated features are very useful. Got several large orders as a result of my email campaigns. Worth the money.

Cons

Would like some new templates. Selection seems rather limted.

Insightly
Carlos
  • Industry: Translation & Localization

Great Value for Money

Reviewed on 10/11/2023

Very positive. When I joined the company, Nutshell was the easiest thing to adapt to. So easy to learn and use.

Pros

Feature-rich option for small companies.

Cons

So flexible and customizable that it can get unruly .

Sebastian

• Customer Support Software

Nutshell is overall a great CRM that incorporates good features and provides great customer...

Reviewed on 08/05/2017

Pros

I appreciate the constant updates. Nutshell has some ways to come, so it is nice seeing changes be made. Customer service is always on spot and very friendly. Nutshell support page is great for new employees, referring them straight to there for advice. The adaptability & usability of the interface is very user friendly.

Cons

I have been using this software since October of 2014. So far, I think what needs to be implemented on the "Admin/SetUp side" is making sure Products, Reasons why Leads Close, the Sales Process Competitors, and so much more need to be added from the start with Nutshell and the business buying the service. The reason being is because over the last two years, slowly things have been added/removed/changed. So now we have 2 years worth of jumbled data IMO. Going through a thousand leads that only a handful of them have tags on to find out why something was closed via notes or what product was sold is a little silly. I think the setup process should include this for the end user (being our company). Mind you, I was not the one to set up the account with Nutshell so I am unsure if this is something offered, but It helps a lot when running reports on products, etc.

Response from Nutshell

Hey Sebastian!

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I hear you on the changes over the last couple of years. I will talk to our dev team about the requests you mention below on the Company.

We appreciate you being a part of the Nutshell community.

Michael
  • Industry: Telecommunications

• Customer Support Software

Works well for mobile lead tracking

Reviewed on 11/08/2023

The application is very easy to learn for new employees and retrieves data quickly on the desktop and mobile version.

Pros

The desktop reporting functions are very fast and help us to generate ad-hoc insight into our sales. Competing products tend to take several minutes to generate reports.

Cons

The mobile Sales Analytics generates reports on a 30-day window as opposed to a month-to-date view. This means that we have to use the desktop reporting to get accurate numbers.

Sara

I used to sell CRM and Nutshell is a fantastic value with great features

Reviewed on 10/10/2023

Our team is extremely happy with Nutshell. I sold CRM for 6 years before coming to this company and right before using Nutshell. I have been pleasantly surprised by the platform. I have used Sales Force and many other CRMS that can be overkill in features and size for a small team. We are 60 employee company with only a handful of users in Nutshell. For a small team, this tool has been perfect for us.

Pros

I love the ease of use. Intuitive UI. They launch new features and improve existing ones.

Cons

It has been really difficult to manage duplicates. Lots of dups are created instead of updated. Dups are also suggested when they are no where close to being the same.

Stacey
  • Industry: Fund-Raising

Nutshell's CRM: A Small Business Lifeline

Reviewed on 18/05/2022

I didn't have a business process until I started working with Nutshell. I had a pile of handwritten notes on my desk calendar and loads of sticky notes on the perimeter of my monitor. Learning my way around a CRM for the first time was intimidating, yet I was able to talk with actual humans when I got stuck, and watch tutorial videos that explained what I wanted to learn. I now put everything I need to know about a client into Nutshell, trusting the process and grateful for the customization and flexibility as my company grows.

Pros

It's designed for super easy customization for what I do, and I lean hard on this feature! I also love how the Dashboard feature is set up, allowing me to see at a glance which activities should be tackled each day, and when I've scheduled future to-dos. Nutshell's approach feels like 'the little guy' was thoughtfully considered--and that's me!

Cons

I have a tough time with my leads fields frequently reverting back to the default setting that shows all fields, not just the 4 custom ones I've created. This is more of a tech issue, not really a dislike of Nutshell in general.

Tiffany
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Pleased with Nutshell

Reviewed on 22/01/2021

The support team is knowledgeable, responsive, cares about your issues and has proactive training available for users.

Pros

visually organized and logical data entry screen. Functionality is there to build as robust or simple as the company needs/wants.

Cons

It is very easy to self-build an inefficient architecture. Data uploads can be catastrophic if not done correctly. I think more training on set up, warnings issued at set up and common pitfalls at set up would avoid harmful bulk uploads making irreversible upload mistakes.

Rob

• Customer Support Software

Generally good, but with some really messy issues

Reviewed on 07/05/2017

Pros

We love process management with Nutshell. It helps with our initial sales/setup process, and is very customizable. Nutshell is also fairly logical in its approach to content and is visually appealing.

Cons

We find it is a little too oriented towards "pure" sales teams (we have mixed teams with product, customer service, sales, etc all done by the same groups of people).

Mostly, though, we find there are really small but highly irritating bugs or issues. For example, If I start typing a reply to a message that shows up in Nutshell and then click to show more details on the original message, my reply disappears.

Another example is that we also see some messiness in how to-dos are handled they show up in my list to-do list even though the step isn't active, or they persist after the lead is closed. Email notifications are spotty or not ideally timed. I provided feedback on this some time ago, but I don't think correcting that is particularly high on the improvements list.

A third example is that we work with a number of businesses that have different regional units Nutshell has no support for this, so it is hard to keep our companies list clean. We have lots of duplicate companies.

Trevor
  • Industry: Facilities Services

• Customer Support Software

The best CRM I have ever used!

Reviewed on 26/06/2017

It allows me to easily keep track of everything. What sales I am working on. What customers I need to contact. And everything is conveniently located to work with ease.

In the two months of implimentation already seen a growth in sales and productivity. Including our first ever RFQ from our website.

Pros

Ease of use, backed up by powerful tools. Tracks your calls and even can be set to remind you to contact customers that you haven't talked to in a while. Favorite part is the Keep in touch. It plans my day and my call backs flawlessly.

Cons

I would like to see a visual overlay of all my customers on a map. That way when I am planning a trip I don't miss any customers that are off the main roads. Will give me a visual to help plan. Or some way to plan a road trip and Nutshell will show me all the customers I should contact on the way and plan route. Which can be transferred over to gps software like enroute.

Response from Nutshell

Hey Trevor!

Thanks for the positive feedback. The best part is the growth in sales and productivity you've seen since your implementation. Congratulations!

Tyler

• Customer Support Software

Great software! New dashboard layout a few months ago has led to some issues

Reviewed on 08/05/2017

Pros

Cost, Flexibility, API, Reports. Customer service has been responsive, but most of the time its "wait and try again in a while"

Cons

we use the dashboard heavily as a team, and the new homescreen layout has made things a little more difficult. We still have issues where items will not "check off" from time to time, or duplicate to-dos from the same process appear. This has decreased since the new layout launched, and I was in contact daily with a customer service rep at that point.

The biggest ongoing issue is that the "to-do" items for leads are now harder to get to. You have to select to-do specifically because it defaults to Activities, and then for it to be useful for us, we need to select "only steps with due times" to avoid having cancelled leads etc. show up. I also re-arrange the panes every morning so that the to-do is the majority of the screen. I'd prefer being able to select a permanent layout instead of re-doing it every day.

K Marie

• Customer Support Software

A great easy to use tool for our business

Reviewed on 27/06/2023

Pros

* Easy to Use* Super Helpful to keep on top of leads * Helps us keep on top and communicate to our 7,000 client base easily

Cons

Wish it could add Texting to clients for Free!

Shayne
  • Industry: Construction Software

• Customer Support Software

Good, but could use improvement

Reviewed on 11/01/2021

I'd say my experience overall is good. I like how simple it is to create things. They all link together smoothly. My experience with other CRM programs is that they over complicate things with too many layers. Nutshell just keeps it simple and give me what I need. It could use a few more ways of spitting out information, but as far as keeping all my information in one spot it's quite good at it. I would suggest the product for a company that needs a CRM for information tracking. I think when it comes to an organization that needs a deeper data dig, Nutshell will not be the solution for them.

Pros

It's easy to use and task tracking is simple. It helps me understand at a glance what I need to accomplish in a day. Entering data is quick, and this part of the program is quite intuitive. Customer support is really good. You're speaking with a human instead of a robot.

Cons

Reporting is quite lacking. Trying to understand data trends in some cases requires the creation of multiple reports instead of compiling it into one. It often times asks about duplicates. I'm not sure how it recognizes them, but they're often not similar at all.

Understanding interactions between an account is quite tiresome. It tracks all of the data into one place and requires some digging to determine what is relevant to the lead, contact, or company. It's all in the same place instead of into multiple swim lanes. It some times feels like you're asking it for information regarding one thing and it dumps every single interaction that may or may not include that lead/account/contact.

Michelle
  • Industry: Construction Software

• Customer Support Software

I set everything up, make any adjustments, and train our end users

Reviewed on 08/05/2017

Easy to track our contacts and sales leads. Great tool for management.

Easy to track our contacts and sales leads. Great tool for management.

Pros

I really like the ease of use. It's very simplistic but a lot can be done with it. The program is pretty user friendly. Each user is able to customize their own views. Also, the customer service has been great. Not only are they quick to respond, but it's nice to know they take their users' suggestions and implement them if they are an improvement to the product.

Cons

Probably my one complaint would be that if you choose 'phone number' as one of your columns to display, it chooses the first number under that profile which could be a fax number or mobile number and then the display simply shows up as 'phone number'. It would be nice to be able to choose to show the different kinds of phone numbers.

Response from Nutshell

Hi Michelle,

Thank you for your comments. We do take our customers' feedback very seriously - as we are here to help you all!

To address the phone number issue you mentioned; you are able to appoint which phone number is displayed in the list view. If there are multiple numbers associated with the contact, simply star the one you wish to be the default. If you have trouble with this, please contact our support team who will be happy to help you!

Best,

Asya

Mitch

Nutshell - More Good than Bad

Reviewed on 07/07/2016

Used Nutshell for 2 years .. .... ..... ... .managing daily sales processes and contacts.

Pros

Keep track of daily follow ups - and record entire history with contacts. Basic CRM stuff it does well.

Cons

1. Where did the Gmail Gadget go? This was the best feature and now it's gone. :(
2. The relationship between the Lead and the Customer can be confusing...
3. Reporting for specific items can be challenging as well.

Response from Nutshell

Mitch,

Thanks for the review! We've been working directly with Google to get the Gmail Gadget back online. Unfortunately, this was an issue on their end and completely out of our hands ¿ it affected a good number of other products, as well.

As of today, the gadget is back online. You can read a few more details at: http://status.nutshell.com/incidents/3l9j5sdbjplx

Thanks so much for using Nutshell. We've got some exciting improvements to reporting under development. Can't wait to show them off!

Best,

Andy Fowler

Roger
  • Industry: Wholesale

• Customer Support Software

Have used Contact Managers in my sales since Act for Dos. This works for me but I need to dig...

Reviewed on 08/05/2017

Helps me to keep pertinent info on my contacts. I know there are more that I can do with the software but so far I don't

Pros

Mobile app so I have my contact info with me. I have only been using as a simple contact database manager and I know it can do so much more. I need to spend time making sure I understand and use it to the full potential within my needs!

Cons

Had issue with dialing out that took quite a while to fix (when I hit dial on my mobile phone it would add a bunch of numbers which did not let it dial). I spoke to customer care about this and it took a little time and effort to get them to understand and then I would say it took a few months before someone fixes the bug. Another issue is that on the mobile device the contacts are alphabetized automatically but on the desktop version this does not happen? Have mentioned to customer care but no response. Cannot add more than 30 company types? I use this field to help categorize my contacts. Why just 30?

Brian

• Customer Support Software

Good system but still needs a few tweaks to become great.

Reviewed on 08/05/2017

Organizing prospect lists and notes, as well as scheduling calls.

Organizing prospect lists and notes, as well as scheduling calls.

Pros

Keeping notes and prospect lists organized, as well as being able to schedule calls out to a future date. The system is good and keeps getting better but still needs some tweaks.

Cons

I HATE how you cannot move a whole day of calls over to the next day with one click (like a "select all" button). If I get behind, so I do not forget about them, I have to click on each call and manually move it to the next day (and sometimes I have 13-30 calls scheduled). Huge waste of time. All you need is a "select all" for that days calls and have the ability to move them all to a future day with one click.

Response from Nutshell

Hey Brian,

Great suggestion on the "select all." I have added this to our list and we will discuss internally. Thanks for being a Nutshell customer.

rich

ok

Reviewed on 08/05/2017

Pros

ok, need work
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Cons

1. when inputting 3 or 4 new people with same address, company, etc - it would be helpful to allow you to clone the prior person and just make subtle changes like name, extention and email address.
2. Returned/bad email addresses should be flagged/highlighted in the profile; current method is not useful.
3. Would be helpful to have a 'Notes:' section at the top of a 'Lead' to instantly refresh your memory without having to scroll because of a date
4. When sending emails, would be helpful to have a {Lead} field, ability to add an attachment and no reason to attach last email to all 'Leads' associated for that Person, just attach to their profile

Response from Nutshell

Hi Rich,

We appreciate your feedback. The team is currently working on adding attachments and we hope to release this in the next couple of weeks. I have noted your other suggestions.