Geckoboard

Quick and easy-to-setup business dashboard software for TVs

4.6 /5 (45 reviews) Write a Review!
4.6
4.2
4.3
4.6
4.7
Kevin V.
Industry: Internet

Nice one stop solution for dashboard metrics

Reviewed on 21/11/2018

Pros

Geckoboard has a variety of really nice integrations with third party products. Most SaaS solutions you would be interested in tracking have integrations which makes it pretty easy to get going with displaying relevant metrics. The website interface is also pretty easy to use and you can get a dashboard together pretty quickly.

Cons

The interface for getting custom metrics uploaded could be a bit easier to use but overall it is a good solution and not bad to get started with it!

5-minute setup, but needs more filters

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 20/11/2018

If you have TVs or monitors on your wall, you've already made an investment to get data in front of your team. Geckoboard is a great way to do this. It isn't perfect yet, but is still the easiest tool I've used to get data up quickly.

Pros

Geckoboard was amazingly easy and fast to setup. We've had monitors in our office for years, but never fully utilized them. Geckoboard provided a very easy and fast way to get our data set up. It pulls from the other softwares we're using (Hubspot, Zendesk, Google Doc, etc.) and displays the information in a great format.

Cons

You're limited to pre-determined fields of data that you an display without much editing (e.g. you can only display data points that Geckoboard has set up). The ability to edit what is being displayed is also limited, depending on the data point. I've also had an issue with knowing the timeframe of the data. For example, we display the % of inbound support calls answered under 40 seconds. I'm unable to define the date/time range (7 AM - 7 PM, last 24-hours, etc.)

Lawrence R.
Industry: Retail
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Great support experience

Reviewed on 29/05/2018

Pros

Support team are amazing and support people who are not 100% IT savvy. Widgets have everything required to show your company or department exactly where the team is at.

Cons

More personalisation. But that's a minor con. It's the data that is more important and Geckoboard supports that.

Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

The best!

Reviewed on 16/07/2019

Pros

Best to cast onto a screen for transparent productivity metrics

Cons

No real cons to speak about. Everything works well

Max S.
Industry: Entertainment

Very useful

Reviewed on 03/06/2016

Good tool to check the stats from different services like GA and Pingdom. Must have for huge IT companies and sites with 1,000,000+ traffic. You can check everything you want almost in real time. 404 errors, sign ups, leads and sales.

Pros

Customizable options
Good design
Option to share dashboard

Cons

Sometime you need Zapier to get stats
Huge price at this moment
No auto setup for beginners

Kyle M.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Good "Executive Dashboard" (KPI) Tool for Small Businesses

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 28/02/2019

Pros

- Great tool that allows you to integrate a ton of different analytics, data, etc. into one dashboard including email analytics, financial analytics like that in Shopify, etc.
- Ability to create separate dashboards depending on who needs access to the data

Cons

- Takes an understand of what KPI's are essentially and what ones are secondary tier, third tier, etc. before setting up the dashboards

Industry: Internet

Great for simple dashboards, poor customization

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 26/11/2018

Pros

I liked the amount of connectors readily available, it was easy to set up a simple dashboard quickly.

Cons

The tiles are huge. As soon as you want to get more complex with what data to present and it what format, it falls short.

Likelihood to recommend: 4.0/10

David g. J.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Excellent Marketing Dashboard for Small Business

Reviewed on 09/02/2016

Tracking marketing KPIs from multiple data sources and displaying them in a visually appealing, simple format is not an easy (or inexpensive) thing to do. Geckoboard makes this possible at a much more affordable price than its competitors, and provides a user experience that is nothing short of fantastic. We pull in a variety of data from sources like Google Analytics, MailChimp, social channels, and ecommerce platforms to easily track our progress on the metrics that matter most to our business.

Pros

Lots of integrations from the services that matter most to us, fantastic drag and drop UI, easy onboarding experience, relatively low cost, nice "at-a-glance" reporting for KPIs, enthusiastic and friendly support staff

Cons

Doesn't directly integrate to Amazon Seller Central (for 3rd party sellers who sell on Amazon), may take some time to set up (especially for less technical users), but this is true for any dashboard with multiple integrations (and Geckoboard makes this as easy as possible).

Michael L.
Industry: Financial Services

You get a dashboard! YOU get a dashboard!

Reviewed on 18/07/2019

Pros

Who doesn't love dashboards? We were able to take our Zendesk data and showcase our customer service stats using Geckoboard.

Cons

It's kind of confusing to use at first and doesn't always pull in all of the data, but with a little elbow grease (not really) we were able to get it to work for us.

Mark K.

Great dashboard tool!

Reviewed on 07/11/2015

We have been using Geckoboard to track the key metrics for our platform since early this year. We tried out a few different platforms before we settled on Geckoboard. We plan to continue using Geckoboard for a long time. Not to mention the improvement the dashboard has brought to our operations by focusing us on our key numbers in real time and having them available on the office wall and wherever our team is located around the world.

Pros

Gecko was extremely easy to get set up on and start seeing real data immediately. The interface looks great and the cost is reasonable. It's accessible from anywhere and easy to share results.

Cons

Most of the integrations are very easy to set up but you do need some developer time to pull internal data, which shouldn't really come as a surprise.

Expensive, but good tool

Reviewed on 11/09/2018

Geckoboard makes your data pretty and can be put on a screen. Very easy to use, but also comes with a price.

Pros

Geckoboard makes it fairly easy for developers to connect database data with a good looking dashboard. The dashboard has the features that are needed, and it even has a pre-made set of graphics that you can use to visualize your data.

Cons

The price is high for this type of tool. Mixpanel and other similar data tools have similar dashboards, which are agree not at pretty as Geckoboard, but they have the same functionality.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Industry: Information Technology & Services

Geckoboard is great, except for the randomly disconnecting service accounts

Reviewed on 06/11/2015

Geckoboard has been a great tool for us as we use it to track all sorts of internal metrics. We have several boards on a shared loop displayed in our main office space for maximum visibility to the team.

Pros

A++ customer support. I have encountered several issues/had obscure questions and the support team went above and beyond to solve any problems.

Cons

Only major complaint- connected Service accounts (such as Facebook) expire randomly and must be manually updated but Geckoboard does not have a notification system to let you know. Only when I happen to look over and see that the particular board is not updating, then I know to go in and reconnect the accounts. Also had to reach out to Support the first time to find out why the account disconnected in the first place.

Hasan B.
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Geckoboard Review

Reviewed on 05/10/2018

Pros

I am happy to respond to your announcement about work as published in the local newspapers or Balnt My qualifications are highly commensurate with what they are arguing for in the Declaration.

I have read about your company in local newspapers, I have sufficient knowledge about your production ..... I am very interested in working for a company working in .....You as business owners.

I inform you that I have a good knowledge of some computer software such as ...

I would appreciate your meeting with you to learn more about my capabilities.

I inform you that if I do not hear your response after several days, I will call to confirm the arrival of the letter and CV.

During that time, if you would like more information, I would be happy to contact you.

Thank you for your interest in my order, and the time you gave me.

Cons

Nothing- Excellent network work-
The truth is that there are no negatives in the sense of negatives, but I hope that the accessibility is easier than that so that the majority, especially the places where the networks are weak and not available to all

Shaun W.

Love it, can't imagine life without it now.

Reviewed on 05/03/2018

Pros

Very flexible, provides visible realtime KPIs and MI that motivates the team. Geckoboard has helped us improve service delivery tenfold through simply being able to see exactly how we are doing.

Pablo S.
Industry: Management Consulting

Great and simple app, lacks some customization options

Reviewed on 06/02/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Setting up Geckoboard is super easy, within a few minutes i had all the KPI's I needed and it connects seamlessly to my data sources.

Cons

Some of the charts and tables lack customization, the font size can't be changed and some of the charts are just too simple to be of any use.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Rating only

Reviewed on 09/11/2015

Alejandro P.
Industry: Computer Software

Enabling a data driven culture!

Reviewed on 06/11/2015

At some point almost 2 years ago we realized that we needed to make the information from our 30+ systems (used on a daily basis by different teams) accessible to everyone. It made no sense asking people to go into individual apps to run reports and/or look at data.

After digging around for a while and toying with different solutions we can into Geckoboards which proved to be the best app for this. Why? Well because it solved our problem right then and there and required a minimal time to setup and to connect with our current systems (we have 10 that have direct integration with Geckboards and for the others we use custom widgets).

We now have 14 TVs (48") scattered across the office displaying strategical information about our system, customers, performance, etc. Each dashboard is created taking in mind the teams that are around so that we can show the most relevant information. For example around the customer service team we display metrics from ZenDesk (customer service), Salesforce (sales / implementations), Basecamp (current implementations) and New Relic (application health). This has enabled our customer service team to know what's going on at any given point.

On top of this Geckoboard has some great case studies (https://www.geckoboard.com/learn/case-studies/#.Vjy3b66rQUE) that you can use to learn more about how other organizations are reaching a higher employee engagement by using dashboards and a data driven culture.

From a technical perspective we use Raspberry Pi (the newer ones) to power the dashboards on the TVs.

In conclusion this is a great tool that has brought big changes to the company. I would strongly recommend it to anyone that's serious on sharing data with their team.

Disclaimer: I have no relationship to Geckoboard other than being a VERY happy customer.

Pros

- Out of the box integration with some of the most popular systems out there (almost 70 as of now).
- Ease of use to setup the dashboards. Basically point and click.
- Beautiful widgets that make looking at a dashboard enjoyable (if seen some things out there that give you nightmares when you look at them).
- Advanced options that allow integrations with your own in house systems via simple JSON pushes or pulls.
- Easy to setup rotation between different dashboards (they call them loops).
- Excellent customer service.

Cons

- I think that it's gotten a bit pricey (we signed up early on so we have a better price) for newer companies to jump onboard.
- The documentation can be improved. Sometimes you add a Widget but you don't really know what parameters are used to pull the data behind the scenes.
- Need to have more granular options in times between loops. Currently offer 10s, 20s, 30s, 1 min, 5 min. Should have an option to setup X minutes (or at least every minute for the first 10 minutes).

Paul L.
Industry: Utilities

An excellent hosted dashboard tool for real-time display in clear easy to view graphics

Reviewed on 27/12/2017

Pros

Good pre-configured integration with Zendesk, Google Sheets, Trello and many more. Simple set-up, reliable and focussed on conveying information in a clear way.

Cons

Customisation of colors etc is a "premium" feature and should be included for more basic low-cost users, not only Enterprise-wide use. Also, there is limited scope for scaling numbers etc, which can be frustrating.

Olivia S.

Stats at a glance

Reviewed on 21/12/2018

Pros

I love that I can link up Google Sheets and other 3rd parties to Gekoboard. This is a great way to see team stats live and it makes them readily available to the team.

Cons

I think that the Google integration could be a bit better. Sometimes I just want to show a graph or a screenshot of a Google sheet, and there really isn't a great way to do that.

Jon W.
Industry: Computer Software

Great tool that's easy to use

Reviewed on 05/02/2019

Pros

Geckoboard was extremely easy to set up and can display many different dashboards to help understand the metrics you're looking to report on. We have different screens with different departments using them daily. We haven't found anything we're not able to report on.

Cons

The only thing we've had issues with at times is the dashboard losing connection or not reflecting correctly. Each time a refresh had it fixed.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Will M.
Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Phenomenal, reasonably priced metrics dashboards

Reviewed on 25/09/2018

Geckoboard is phenomenal, top to bottom, and their team is always exceedingly helpful when I reach out with issues or questions.

Pros

My favorite part of Geckoboard is the easy of use and simplicity. It is truly plug-and-play, and with so many API connections.

Cons

The only thing to complain about is the lack of customization until you reach a certain billing threshold, but I understand their thought process behind that and believe it keeps the product reasonably priced.

Chhavi B.
Industry: Management Consulting

I love it - we track our marketing KPIs

Reviewed on 16/09/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

We used spreadsheets before, Geckoboard made tracking KPIs less time consuming for us.
I love the live dashboards feature

Cons

Don't have many options to customize how the dashboard looks to our company's brand and voice. I wish it was possible

Alan M.
Industry: Financial Services

Brilliantly simple but powerful dashboard tool

Reviewed on 19/03/2018

Visibility of KPIs and tracking of performance issues and site availability

Pros

Very reasonably priced, great feature set and multiple integrations that make setup very easy. Lots of great styles and graphs to get going with.

Cons

I wish I had more customisation of the graphs and more finite control of the components, but that is it.

Industry: Internet

Good product, but you can get same features for free other places

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 26/07/2019

Pros

Good overall dashboard showing all of the different KPI's that you are following. Great visual representation which some of the other tools out there are lacking.

Cons

Seems expensive compared to what it can do. Especially as tools like Mixpanel and other competitors are doing their own dashboards.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10