Rydoo

Business travel booking & expenses management platform

4.1/5
Customer Support Software

Phillip I.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Making Expense Reports A Breeze

Reviewed on 08/03/2016

I'm in the entertainment industry as well as I have a business that I run from home. I need to differentiate the different parts of my life and make the reporting of my expenses easy for my accountant. I travel around the world performing and so there's various expenses, or write-offs, that I need to keep track of.

I was using another company for a few years and they're going out of business. I searched for a company that could handle my expenses the way that I was already used to. In my search, I found Xpenditure. They have literally made 'expense reporting a breeze'.

Even in my trial period, I needed some help in setting up my different expense reports and the customer service is GREAT!. I was a POTENTIAL customer, and the customer service treated me as if I was already a customer. Once I was helped with my setup, I haven't looked back. I've already recommended Xpenditure to some of my colleagues and will continue to do so. They have a customer for life.

Pros

As I mentioned in the review section, the customer support is phenomenal. In my trial period, I was treated like a customer that had already been with the company for a while. That's very attractive to potential customers. Also the ease of use, the mobile apps they have, so you can report your expenses on the go. If you need different types of expense reports, such as I do, they can accommodate that with no problems. Also, in traveling around the world they have a dropdown box for the different types of currency that you're using in a particular company.

The pricing is very reasonable and you get a lot of bang for your bucks. Whether you're a big company or a self-employed person, it doesn't matter, they can accommodate your needs. I would say that they're a company that definitely over delivers but is very unassuming. I'd never heard of them until I did a search. I read a little bit about them, while I was checking out other companies, and Xpenditure won!

Xpenditure treats people the way they want to be treated!

Cons

At this point, I'm in my third month and I currently don't have any complaints. If I need any help, I contact customer support and they help me. No cons!

Tiffany T.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Great Expense Software for Road Warriors

Reviewed on 28/11/2018

Matching doesn’t always match obvious charges it should have to take the extra step of logging in on your computer to help the software match the receipts you have uploaded.

Pros

The mobile app is excellent for scanning and uploading receipts!

Cons

If you are connected to your hotspot scanning and uploading receipts does not work. You have to disconnect to get the app to work as it should.

Spela P.

• Customer Support Software

Completely indispensable app for expenses

Reviewed on 06/08/2016

its a lovely and great tool for organising expenses. I cant imagine going back to whatever i was doing before.

Pros

It is a great tool for expenses. Its easy to use and nice design. All features work perfectly - the receipt reader, all the possibilities offered to tailor it to your wishes and demands.

Cons

This is not a "Cons" message, but perhaps a message for Xpenditure: I would like to be able to manage more things with my admin account - like changing receipts, cropping, and also be able to choose among QuickBooks clients and Classes what is shown and what not - we do not use all Projects or Clients for expenses and they just make a mess. Otherwise, I would change only the functionality of trips - we have people travel from all over the world on the same trip and its impossible to track it if all of them have to create their own, although the same trip. What I did to solve this problem is, I used Custom fields and there is a great option of linking a value to a Project. Value is a trip and it is linked to a Project. When you choose a project while entering a receipt, the trips filter immediately to show only the ones, linked to this project. It's almost perfect. So now all employees that travel choose that and I can filter the totals. I don't understand why can't you just take this option and put on trips. The unfortunate thing is that we now (for this reason) don't use "Trips" option at all, although it has all these great fields.

Response from Xpenditure

Hi Spela,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We're aware of the issues you correctly pointed out and wanted to let you know that we are constantly improving our product and eliminating these small handicaps.

And in the meantime our customer support team is happy to guide you through the 'trip feature' ;)

Alex T.

Excellent Expense Tracker

Reviewed on 13/02/2017

One of the best features of Xpenditure is the ability to convert photos of receipts into actual data that you can categorize, assign expense accounts to, and track as part of projects.

I used to perform this task manually, entering the data from receipts into a custom system, then taking a photo of the receipt for safe-keeping. It was a weekly chore, that took up at least an hour per week. Now, it takes me seconds to take a picture of the receipt with my phone, and simply let Xpenditure do the rest. Great product!

Pros

Easy to use. Decent mobile app, better web front-end.

Cons

Initially, it took time to figure out where the categories / accounts were hiding. It would be nice to have a default currency setup. Sometimes, the application assumes I'm using a different currency, other than US dollar. Instead of asking me to verify something each time, it should just default to US dollar.

Response from Xpenditure

Thank you for your review Alex! It's possible to set your default currency in your personal settings.

Timothy W.

Great Expense Monitoring

Reviewed on 21/07/2017

Pros

There are several aspects I've come to enjoy about Xpenditure. Customer service is great, easy to understand, expense tracking and much more! Our sales people can upload receipts from anywhere they are located and they've finally become timely. The postage alone will pay for the software.

Cons

The only negative thing I can think of is that the software can run slow at times. Especially concerning the process of taking pics of receipts.

Daniel A.

Managing expenses of a Team

Reviewed on 13/01/2017

Dear All,
I am the Application and Service Manager of DORC Germany.
With this tool Expenditure it is very easy to manage the expenses of a Team (6 members).
You have You categories and can also select and analyze expenses to make a statisik.

Good tool very good.

Pros

Very easy to manage expenses of the Team (6 members)

Cons

I only can approve expenses of the team on the website an App would be finde also to change the paramter to approver.

Frank M.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Downhill

Reviewed on 13/12/2018

This was a great app before Rydoo purchased Expenditure. It has gone downhill with every update since the purchase. I've never seen anything like it. They've turned a good app into absolute junk. I'm switching to another app even though I recently paid for an entire year.

Pros

This used to work great. It uploaded emails and camera shots without issue. Made doing a expense report a piece of cake. I had my entire sales team using it. It's been a steep downhill ride for the last six months. Our entire company is changing, most likely to Concur.

Cons

Will no longer upload emailed receipts. Camera uploads are slow and often are duplicated. The software has a tendency to take the amount before tip, which makes it worse than useful. You have to check every receipt to make sure it uploads correctly.

Matthew H.

Great so far

Reviewed on 31/05/2016

I'm really enjoying using this software so far (about 1 month, and 500+ receipts). It's simple, gets things right most of the time, and the customer service is excellent. I travel a lot and have expenses in several currencies. Although it makes a few mistakes and needs a check over, Xpenditure gets it right about 90% of the time without any intervention from me.

There is a 200 receipt per month fair use limit, which when I decided to upload all my receipts, I hit pretty quickly. After the 200 the receipts are put in a queue and were ready the next morning - not too bad all things considered. The staff were quick to alert me to it, when I was asking them other questions, so at least no time was wasted trying to find out what was happening.

The only negative point is I can't seem to find much online documentation - the FAQ are not great for anything detailed and it'd be great to be able to read through some things rather than keep asking the live chat staff (although they are very quick and thorough)

Tony G.
  • Industry: Chemicals

• Customer Support Software

it is a very clear system that provides a lot of easy working and handling

Reviewed on 14/07/2017

Everything works perfect, it is very easy to use and gives a clear view of the possibilities.

Pros

fast and flexible, clear overview. Good explanation of what to do, in a good time you load your expense notes and get it in the system

Christian V.
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

CV Review 2017

Reviewed on 25/01/2017

This is just a great time saver most of the job is done with the Phone. A last review on computer remains necessary. Round invoices to be double check as it can be due to the format of some invoice (ie. when the figure in the bottom is the cash that you gave, not the amount that you paid)

Pros

Time saving

Cons

Some date enter in the Phone disappear (countries). Country list on Phone is not user friendly (need long scroll down)

Rob T.
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

• Customer Support Software

Good scanning, reliability an issue

Reviewed on 02/09/2016

I use Xpendiure for the fact that everything I scan is recognised, even handwritten restaurant bills.

The user facing software has a number of issues however:
* Occasionally it stops syncing, or starts to give an error when uploading and I need to reinstall
* Its impossible to add a new category from the Android app
* the overall app interaction is a bit clunky - would benefit from a good UX designer review:
- target areas for major actions are small (e..g 'add' button)
- asked same questions repeatedly (e.g. to use camera)

Pros

everything I scan is recognised

* Its impossible to add a new category from the Android app
- target areas for major actions are small (e..g 'add' button)
- asked same questions repeatedly (e.g. to use camera)

James R.

Expenses Made Easy

Reviewed on 01/06/2016

I have been using Xpenditure for a few months now and can thoroughly recommend it. Very easy to use and saves me at least couple of hours a month in the expense claim process.

Love the ability to report at the end of each month with pictures of all receipts. So easy to snap a picture on your mobile device and have all your claims ready for review/approval at the end of the period.

I was going to give 4 stars, but as the mileage sub rate has just been released, I have boosted to 5 stars.

Well done, you have now completely converted me from manual entries and I also no longer need to use TripCatcher for my mileage too.

Response from Xpenditure

Hi James,

thanks for your kind words, we really appreciate your feedback. We're glad you like the mileage sub rate, and we hope we can surprise again and again in future releases.

Sunil K.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Rydoo Review

Reviewed on 26/04/2019

Pros

Easy to track the business expenses, no more worries about missing papers

Cons

Costing is slightly on the higher side.

Annetta E.
  • Industry: Farming
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Xpenditures

Reviewed on 26/03/2016

So far, I've been pretty impressed with how automated and "intelligent" the app is in determining merchant, receipt total, date, etc. I looked at several scanners and devices before deciding to give Xpenditures a whirl. I think it's going to free up a lot of my time spent entering data to a spreadsheet.

Pros

That it reads the receipt and can "intelligently" determine merchant, amount, etc. from a picture taken with my phone. I think I'm really going to love using it!

Cons

I haven't done much yet with the reports and such - but a tutorial giving pointers would be helpful in getting started and setting up my system preferences (maybe I missed it??? and it already exists?) I do like having Help Chat available!

Michelle B.

Day 1 review of Xpenditure

Reviewed on 03/02/2016

So far I am pleasantly surprised by the ease of use of this program, and excited to make my quarterly HST reporting so much easier. I have only started using this program, but so far would highly recommend. I am sure I still have so much to learn about all the great features! Canadian friendly!

User friendly

Cons

Would like to be able to add an expense category as I am entering my expense instead of having to go back out to create one...but not that big of a deal..just a nice to have

Judith H.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Xpenditure Makes Managing Business Expenses Fun & Easy

Reviewed on 23/08/2016

Tried this program and immediately fell in love. It is easy to use and I actually enjoy uploading my expenses. It is making me feel organized and on top of things.

Pros

Ease of use and simple integration

Cons

sometimes it interprets things as the wrong currency

James E.

I search high and low

Reviewed on 05/08/2016

Xependiture still have a little way to go on ironing out some kinks however I am very impressed with the product and the service I've received

Pros

It's ease of use

Cons

a few more functions I'd like to see, but I'm sure the team are on to it !

Lisa D.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Easy Breezy

Reviewed on 13/02/2017

Makes reporting work expenses so easy to do! When life is already so hectic, I can count on Expenditure to help me get the job done. Excellent App and worth every penny!

Maria giovanna P.
  • Industry: Translation & Localization

Reviewed on 05/12/2016

Julie G.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Xpenditure - Nice and Simple

Reviewed on 07/07/2016

I found Xpenditure really simple to use. I like the fact I can allocate expenses to projects and report against projects for reimbursement purposes

Paul W.

• Customer Support Software

Great product for easily entering expenses using OCR, with great support team

Reviewed on 31/05/2016

Xpenditure makes it very easy to enter expenses without lots of manual entry. OCR pulls out the required details from a photo of the expense. Mobile app means you can snap expenses on the go.
Also, allows a sync with accounting software to make things even easier.
Occasional hiccup with integrations into accounting software, but the support team are fantastic and help out a lot.

Guy M.

• Customer Support Software

Excellent service that saves me hours every month. Well worth the price.

Reviewed on 02/06/2016

Get a receipt and take a photo, then the software does OCR and completes the expense as best it can. It usually does this very well. Currency conversions are handled well, and reconciliation with CC statements is a time saver.

Expenses can also be added by forwarding emails, and this is also very good.

Customer service via chat is reasonably fast and friendly.

Ruben D.

Scanning receipts is addictive

Reviewed on 18/09/2013

Since I've been using Xpenditure, I'm getting addicted to taking pictures of my receipts :) It's so cool to see that the app extracts all info and that I can add an expense type and a project. At the end of the month I can check my monthly expenses and generate reports for my accountant using the online account.

Customer support is also awesome, a feature request was deployed a week after my question.

Ingrid C.

Poorly managed and maintained system

Reviewed on 16/05/2018

Pros

Cant say i like very much about this software. there is not very much that makes it different than most other expenses software. app is ok when it updates .

Cons

Does not sync VAT to accounting software so you end up having to process everything twice. Not worth the money . Development /customer service unable to find reasonable solution

Beatrice M.

• Customer Support Software

easy to use - makes expenses simple and fast

Reviewed on 03/06/2016

This is great for expenses. I love the fact that you can go online or on the app (although I can't add my multiple destinations in one day on the app but I'm sure it will come-r even better a partnership with Waze so Xpenditure would automatically add the kms to my expenses?).
Frankly this has changed my life by making it so much simpler!