PayPal

4.7 (23,694)
Comprehensive solution to serve your business needs.

(23,694)
4.3/5

Lacey
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

• Customer Support Software

The only way to pay, pal.

Reviewed on 20/10/2022

Pros

I love the low fees, the several products available, the support and the ease of accessing my account any where any time!

Cons

I only don't like the fact that business accounts aren't issued a routing number and account number and that they dont offer store card on file for the ability to preauthorize a charge for a later day.

Roldan

• Customer Support Software

PayPal Never Change All These Years - Still Way Too Complicated To Use!

Reviewed on 21/10/2022

50-50. I mean, PayPal is very promising. If not only for there bad UX or bad user experience design. They really need to brush this thing up.

Pros

- Well, PayPal is an institution when it comes to online Payment System. So, I like it that they are there giving me options when all other options fail.- I was able to use PayPal personally and in business without much issue about security and othe disputes.- I was able to use it with my Website Projects, when clients needs a quick payment integration without much fuss on the buying side of things

Cons

- PayPal is still way too complicated to integrate with WordPress. There are times that you just need to enter email and password, and it gets integrated. Sometimes, it takes you a day or two to be able to do it.- Still not user friendly. Deskop and Mobile version needs UX Design revamp. The conversion between currencies in your account still confusing. Sometimes you fund appears as US Dollar, sometimes it appears as your native currency. - sandboxing dashboard and account pretty much looks like your active/live account. The only way you notice you are in a sandbox is when you see the domain says "sandbox.paypal.com". In contrast with Stripe, where it sends you a contrasting feedback that says "Testing Account" - you won't be able to miss it out.- Currency Conversion is NOT at par with the current market exchange rate! Sometimes, the exchange is two dollar short.

Reasons for Choosing PayPal

Eitherway, it all depends on the client's liking. I recommend Paypal as it is the most commonly used gateway. But Stripe is a bit more easier to use and integrate.

Reasons for Switching to PayPal

Because it was choosen by the client - not mine.
Aaron

Dirty Deeds!

Reviewed on 09/10/2022

My experience was wonderful up until the point when something bad happened to me and I was blamed for it all. I had police reports documenting and pictures of whoever did this to me and they still came after me and blocked me from opening another account with them.

Pros

This software really allowed my business to improve the way it handled its financial tracking and invoicing. It was easy for customers to use and understand.

Cons

I was taken advantage of and all of my accounts were compromised. I reported it to customer service and followed all the procedures and instructions I was told to do. This went on for months dealing with the fraud department, local authorities, etc...
In the end, they closed my business account, locked me out, and told me I owed them all the money that was taken from me!

Abin
  • Industry: Investment Management Software
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

An amazing Platform for all types of transaction

Reviewed on 12/09/2022

The experience from using PayPal has helped in understanding how secure it is to use a mediator like PayPal because of its best in class protection towards safe guarding the personal data and ensuring the wallet is safe. I enjoy the feature of adding USD to the wallet and thus helping to save on forex and conversion rate. These days the PayPal recognizes the device that’s being used and help in making seamless transaction without the need to verify over and over again . Upto date transaction records and easy to track the transaction makes it a tool for record keeping. Further, a lot of institutions are enrolled and are using PayPal making it global these days for buying and selling and accepting the proceeds through PayPal, and further sending and receiving money through banks. Overall, PayPal is one of its kind and best in class which is meant for the present days for both individual and business alike.

Pros

Paypal is an user friendly and secure Plato for. which helps in navigating through and understanding the various features provided easily. The processing speed of transaction is so quick and instant. The facility to add various credit card providers and highest security measures will definitely make it a plus to rely on this platform without a second thought. Customer service is excellent that they work with us to resolve issues in a timely manner respecting the time of the user. Further, various currencies could be added to the account thus helping us to store the currency and use when we want without having the forex exposure affecting in the transaction.

Cons

The software is so amazing that i don’t see anything that seems like a drawback, one reason is PayPal is evolving as they constantly add features which are meeting and matching to the current trends and needed for the present technologically reliant economy.

Dallas

• Customer Support Software

Why is PayPal in my good books?

Reviewed on 24/10/2022

This is the easiest software to use while running a relatively small business. No hassles with essential a pay as you go model with the minimal transfer fees.

Pros

- Very easy to understand and use with a modern website interface that makes me feel secure with my money. This software has fewer bugs and glitches while presenting a modern feel.- Well structured website with easy to access invoices and client contacts.- 1% fee with a max $10 on an immediate e-transfer is generous yet expected since in Canada we have no transfer fees.

Cons

- Sometimes the website is slow to load IF I have multiple screens open. That might be a separate performance issue but this site seems to have the bug.- Difficult to navigate the website for additional features that are not on the home navigation menu.

Xero

Reasons for Choosing PayPal

PayPal is easier to understand and use without trying to up sell you.

Xero

Reasons for Switching to PayPal

Simplicity to use and established rep-ore from previous years use.
Samuel

• Customer Support Software

The most widely accepted payment platform for Donors

Reviewed on 11/10/2022

Our charity would not be able to function without Paypal, although online systems are generally at higher risk of fraud Paypal has been secure and well liked by our supporters due to its ease of use and simple interface when sending invoice and donation requires.

Pros

Paypal is a historical foundation of the oneline fintech space and its name and reputation gives our order donors a lot of confidence when using. Many have a strong payment preference for paypal rather than paying in any other way- such as direct, as it allows them to protect their bank card details. Paypal dashboard is also useful in tracking our income monthly and seeing the number of reoccurring payments and they even offer us a discount on fees and services as we are a charity/NPO.

Cons

The paypal customised link is a useful tool, however there are no restrictions on other people setting up similar links with similar names which has caused us a lot of fraud problems which Paypal has been mostly unresponsive to our requests to ban these other accounts. Apart from that our experience has been good.

Reasons for Switching to PayPal

Paypal is used by more people around the world than any other payment platform and it is the cheapest
Shellie
  • Industry: Accounting Software

• Customer Support Software

PayPal is so much more than meets the eye!!

Reviewed on 16/10/2022

PayPal for business has been awesome so much that I actually have a personal paypal for myself and I love it. I have a prepaid debit card, I pay all of my online purchases with it because I feel more secure than with the other apps that offer cards. Again the check cashing feature is not what it seems it should be as I have yet to cash a single check on here but have on other apps with no problems. Other than that it's a pretty awesome tool and they keep adding more and more features so make sure you start accepting PayPal for your business or even personal al needs. You will thank me later.

Pros

What is like most is the fact that you can send requests when invoicing customers. It's awesome it shows up right in their PayPal account if they have one otherwise they can check their email for the information, view the invoice and then pay thus saving us all time and money!!

Cons

The thing I like least is the fact that they can take a while to get back to you if you have reached out through the app or online. But you can always call them too. That's my only gripe.

Colton

Super Convenient Method for Payments & Promotions

Reviewed on 12/10/2022

I've had nothing but a great experience with using PayPal for my business or for everyday use.

Pros

I love how easy it is to reward customers with discounts that everyone can easily claim and manage through PayPal. It's never been easier to reward users with actual money they can reliably spend most anywhere.

Cons

There is a bunch of competition when it comes to cash management applications, therefore it's becoming harder to strictly stick with PayPal.

Venmo

Reasons for Switching to PayPal

I've used PayPal for years and it's easily used at tons of stores, online or in-store. It's also a trusted name since it's been around and used for years now.
Alfredo

• Customer Support Software

Fees galore but still the simplest way to get paid

Reviewed on 18/10/2022

We’ve been trying to get our clients to pay more frequently using their credit cards. Local solutions are cumbersome and bureaucratic, specially when it comes to recurring payments. Enter PayPal, you can manage all of this without any monthly fees. It is compatible with most e-commerce platforms such as woo commerce. Fees are high but that is the price to pay right now for better cash flow in our business. Also it is annoying to mark competed orders for digital services, but that’s the way it goes.

Pros

Easy setup for recurring payments and e-commerce stores.

Cons

Fees are higher and you won’t have immediate access to your money, at least a the the beginning.

PayU

Reasons for Switching to PayPal

Way easier to implement. We can use our PayPal balance to pay for other services that accept PayPal.
Safiya

Convenient

Reviewed on 13/11/2022

I have used PayPal as a consumer and as a business owner. Using PayPal to receive payments for online classes and goods sold online has been convenient but I'm not happy with the associated fees or customer service.Using PayPal as a consumer is also convenient but since it's so difficult to set up I wouldn't recommend it unless you've already created a PayPal account. It's much faster to use an existing debit card or purchase prepaid cards.

Pros

PayPal is popular among consumers and accepted by major online merchants/businesses. It's convenient to use as a smaller size business. PayPal is secure and works hard to prevent fraud.It's also a safer way to send/receive payments to/from an individual since it is a documented transaction.

Cons

Customer service has to be better. They are in charge of funds and accounts, it should be very easy to get help. Customer service has really hurt my experience with PayPal.Fees and policies should be made very clear. Depositing cash can be costly. Receiving payments can be also.PayPal can freeze accounts and withhold funds.I want it to be more user friendly.Setting up PayPal was more difficult than any account I've had.

Square Payments and Stripe

Not as popular as PayPal

Payoneer
chengetai
  • Industry: Government Administration
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Life saver of every freelancer.

Reviewed on 02/11/2022

Pros

Paypal is the most user friendly online payment platform which is also easy to join.It is a must have for every freelancer.One of the best features they have is the buyer/seller protection.They have saved me twice from a being swindled by two very big online shops.In one case I only submitted proof of the unauthorized debit that had been done on my account and they immediately refunded my money.On another case they facilitated a dispute resolution meeting between me and the seller through their platform, and we were able to reach a compromise for a delivery that had been cancelled.I was happy with outcome.Paypal is committed to excellence and will fight to even the smallest of their clients.Their customer care is also very responsive, they will even call you to respond to any of your enquiries.

Cons

They don't have a digital mastercard for every country like some of their competitors which can be very frustrating .They also have a few partnerships with local banks making it difficult sometimes to withdraw your money.In some countries Paypal doesn't work completely like Zimbabwe, India etc.In South Africa you can withdraw your paypal funds using one local bank only this can be very annoying when you don't have an account with that bank.

wayne

• Customer Support Software

The best payment method for small businesses

Reviewed on 26/10/2022

I've had a really decent overall experience using PayPal. Like I'm sure many other people have done, I've used it for a variety of purposes. I became familiar with it when I first started selling products on eBay, then as I expanded to other types of eCommerce and started accepting payments from individuals. It has been incredibly helpful to me. This review's title indicates that it is the tried-and-true payment processing platform. Perfect for anyone who wants to send and receive payments for on-the-spot jobs, whether they are just starting out in company and need a reasonably free platform to process their payments that is compatible with just about any type of web hosting platform.

Pros

Then there is the issue of secure transactions. Using Paypal is quite simple, and it comes with an additional layer of security, fraud prevention, and encryption of bank and credit card account information. a wide range of user-friendly payment options, tremendous confidence and comfort in the robustness and security of the shipping, marketing, record-keeping, and tax calculation processes. Additionally, it provides instant deposits, prompt sending, spending, and exchanges; continuous financial flow and prompt access to funds are crucial. The majority of businesses can easily use Paypal because it works with so many different platforms and devices and has considerably lower fees than competing services. It also includes robust multichannel sales and invoicing tools. There is no cost.

Cons

Like many businesses that handle payments, PayPal levies fees for their services. It's always wonderful if costs can be reduced so that creators may keep more of the money they work so hard to earn, even though I expect and accept that fees are ultimately inevitable. When price increases are necessary to take percentages into account, it is unpleasant. However, in general, I have found PayPal's costs to be among the lowest, so this is a very small issue.

Yashovardhan
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Paypal as a digital payment processor

Reviewed on 05/10/2022

PayPal is a secure, fast and convenient way to send and receive money. For me, it is an easy to use payment method that I can use without having to worry about my credit card information being stolen. I can easily send money to friends or family using the app on my phone and I don't have to worry about the fees associated with sending money internationally.

Pros

PayPal is a service that allows people to send and receive money online. It is a convenient way to pay for goods or services and can be accessed on mobile devices.
PayPal is one of the most popular payment methods in the world. They allow people to send and receive money online, making life easier. People can use PayPal on their smartphones as well as computers with internet connections, making it more accessible than ever before

Cons

What I liked least about PayPal was that it was not accepted by all websites. I had trouble using my PayPal account on some sites because they did not accept PayPal as a form of payment. Also one more downside of PayPal is that it does not offer any rewards programs for its customers.

Payoneer

Reasons for Switching to PayPal

Paypal is easy to use and trustworthy.
Caitlyn

• Customer Support Software

The Old Faithful Every Man's Payment Processing Service For Businesses and Ordinary People

Reviewed on 10/10/2022

My overall experience with PayPal has been a pretty good one. I have used it for multiple things, as I am sure many people have. It was something I familiarized myself with when I started selling items on eBay, then when I moved on to doing other forms of eCommerce, as well as person to person payments. It has served me very well. As I titled this review, it is the old faithful payment processing platform. Perfect whether you are just starting out in business and need a relatively free platform to process your payments that is compatible with pretty much any type of web hosting platform, or just someone who needs to be able to send and receive payments for on the spot projects. I would definitely recommend PayPal.

Pros

The PayPal service is very easy and uncomplicated to use. The fast payment processing, invoice creation, and fraud protection, make it a great platform for anyone looking to start out whether it is in person to person business or eCommerce.

Cons

The only cons I can really think of is the fact that sometimes it is difficult to get a hold of an actual human person when you need a problem solved.

Square Point of Sale and Shopify

Reasons for Switching to PayPal

I chose PayPal because it is a service I have used for many years and I know I can trust it. Also, there are somethings that I simply find PayPal to be more convenient in its function. Even though, I do also use Square Point of Sale, I find PayPal to be more convenient in on-the-go outsourcing and freelance situations because most everyone has PayPal and you don't have to ask them to whip out their credit card or whatever. They can just send you the money via PayPal.
Niharika
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Paypal is a must for financial handling and virtual security in these terrible times!

Reviewed on 23/07/2022

Pros

There is the matter of secure transaction; one is able to use Paypal with great ease and with an extra blanket of security and fraud prevention as well as the encryption of bank and credit card account information. A variety of payment methods that are comfortable to utilize as well as great confidence and ease with strength and security in shipping, marketing, recordkeeping and calculation of taxes. It also offers immediate deposits, swift sending, spending, and exchanges; integral cash flow and swift access to funds is highly essential. Paypal integrates seamlessly with most businesses, whilst being friendly for various devices and platforms, and its fees are much less than the alternatives. It has strong invoicing and multichannel sales features as well. There are no fees for sending money to friends and family, as well as providing the most manageable method of purchase without worrying about one's wallet; one may instead be able to pay by the password!

Cons

If one doesn't protect their password, account and sensitive information regarding to the virtual data, one can easily be hacked and compromised here on Paypal. However, that's mayhap a given if one requires such ease of use. A more common concern, nonetheless, is the lack of sufficient care and attention provided by the customer service; enthusiastic support for such grave situations and cases as well as swifter response in resolving disputes, where one may potentially experience frozen or delayed funds, would also be much appreciated. The seller protection policy does not cover digital goods either and there's also confusing transaction fees, widely varied and with rate differing per manner of use, as well as considerable chargeback fees...which is quite unfair seeing as if an item is lost or delayed, it is not the customer's fault and yet in order to regain some of their loss, as shipping and transaction is not regained, they are made to provide a penalty fee that does not differ as per the situation and amount in question. There is also no offline payment processing, and it would be a great improvement were that possible. Of course, there is also the recent addition of inactivity fees, although that may be easily avoided with a little care and logging in every few months or at least every year!

Priyansh
  • Industry: Animation

• Customer Support Software

The first choice for receiving International payments

Reviewed on 12/07/2022

Our ecommerce platform still uses PayPal and approximately 60% users prefer to checkout with PayPal. We are glad to use it and it definitely opens up new avenues for sales internationally.

Pros

About 12 years ago, we set up our own small ecommerce website and implemented PayPal, and it is still with us.
- Hundreds of integrations available that can be implemented at the click of a button.
- Invoicing is extremely simple and quirky to use.
- All you need is an email to receive payments.
- Seller protection for both goods and services.
- Tax documents and FIRA available at a click.
- New API is extremely versatile and works well with our ecommerce platform.
- Never had a failed payment or disputes.
- Next day settlement of all payments.
- Branded checkout page.

Cons

- The biggest gripe I have with this service is the excess fees charged at each step. There is a fixed fee, then a percentage fee, and then there is a currency conversion fee. All this can rack up to 10% for international transactions.
- There is some legacy interface in the settings that is hard to navigate and some settings are confusing and repetitive.
- Customer service is slow to respond.
- There is often lag in the interface and have to deal with a loading sign repetitively.

Braintree

Reasons for Switching to PayPal

No availability in India.

Best way get payments

Reviewed on 01/06/2022

Trust is the best feature PayPal offers to my customers. because they don't have to send their credit cards to my client's website so it's way easier for me to collect payments. I think we needed that on ecommerce websites.

Pros

What I like about PayPal the most is the fact that people don't have to put their credit cards in my client's website like Stripe. Customers are more comfortable to login to their PayPal account and pay by credit card through PayPal. I think this is the most important benefit of PayPal. It's user friendly and very easy to understand the platform. Some customers email my clients and ask their PayPal email to send payment manually, which is also a great option. By the way, refunds through PayPal are instant so you don't have to wait days to get your money back to your credit card. That's why I love PayPal a lot.

Cons

The pre-authorized or autopayment is the worst! every time I buy things by PayPal, I'm afraid an automatic charge for the next month. I have google to find out how to disable that automatic charge. I believe the Canada app is different than US app because, again, my friend always call me to ask how to disable some auto charges from his PayPal app and it's different than mine.

Sal

• Customer Support Software

The original and the essential.

Reviewed on 27/10/2021

Safe, secure, and reliable. I trust PayPal with my personal information and as my go-to payment processor to both send and receive payments. You can't ask for more, and it's easy to pull transaction data as necessary. It hasn't been often that I have needed to contact PayPal, but, when I do, they have always worked with me to resolve my concerns.

Pros

I have been a long-time user of PayPal and have used it since the early 2000s. I have used PayPal for online sales through eBay, which how I was first introduced to the website. It was always a quick and safe way to process online payments. As I began to work on music and needed a method to accept payments, PayPal was my obvious choice.

PayPal is instant and offers great security for both payer and payee. I see the essential information I need to send out merchandise or e-mail files and I can also rest assured that my payments that I both send and receive are secure. In addition, in this age of phishing scams, PayPal's security features help me feel more secure in sending money online. I can trust PayPal with my account and card information and have never had an issue in the nearly 20 years of using the platform.

Cons

Like all payment processing companies, PayPal does charge fees for their services. While I expect and accept that fees are essentially inevitable, it's always nice if fees can be lowered so that creators can keep more of the funds they work so hard to earn. It's unfortunate when prices need to be raised to account for percentages. Generally, though, PayPal's fees are amongst the lowest that I have seen, so this is a very minor complaint.

Square Payments, Cash App, and Venmo

Reasons for Switching to PayPal

I have a long relationship as a customer of PayPal and have no reason to change. I have been happy with PayPal's features, level of security, and customer support.
Claude

• Customer Support Software

Who doesn't know Paypal as the best and most secured online bank and payment processing system?

Reviewed on 10/10/2021

To sum it all, paypal is the best online bank system because of its very strong security. It is almost impossible for scammers to steal your money if you use paypal as means of payment

Pros

Everyone knows paypal as the most secured online banking system or escrow system. They give scammers a nightmare. Scammers cannot steal your money if you use paypal as a payment processor. I also love the aspect that they support business to grow by giving them business credits or business loans. The user interface is also straight forward and easy to use. It is also a very fast, reliable and secure way of sending money to anybody in the world. They also have a good customer service, who are very nice to customers. They are constantly bringing in new features into the platform like cryptocurrency trading. I also love the face that you can buy an item and pay in 4 different installments. The list goes on ...

Cons

Overall, I do not have any issues with paypal. Sometimes, they are to strict to a point where they may limit or suspend your account after you initiate a huge transaction. This is something good, but they take almost a week to restore your account. A week is a long time and it may affect a business

Rodrigue

Paypal Review

Reviewed on 01/10/2021

In general my overall experience with PayPal has always been a positive one and its an app that i highly and usually recommend to friend , family and also to my customers in the course of my work as freelancer.

Pros

The opening of a Paypal account is not only free but also very simple and fast
A well-known and reliable payment gateway
Ultra fast payment (5 seconds)
Instant account-to-account money transfer
PayPal commission negotiation possible
PayPal presence in more than 200 countries
Money available immediately
Another big plus is that the money is available right away. Unlike payment processors like Stripe and the like, which block you funds for at least a week; PayPal you have the money directly available, you can directly spend them, pay them into your account within one minute of receiving the funds
Once your account is open, you no longer have to re-register your bank details and can make your purchases from your sofas
The confidentiality of your banking data minimizes the risk of fraud during remote shopping.
If you do not receive your order paid with Paypal, you can, under certain conditions, be refunded
Your payments in euros in the European Economic Area * are commission-free.
There is a customer service that you can contact by email or phone.
Another big plus of PayPal is that everyone knows. in the end it's quite simple: if you offer PayPal on your order page or on your e-commerce store, people immediately know what it is, often they already have an account PayPal. And so, it easily allows them to be able to pay you if they don't have their credit card available.
Finally as an advantage, is that as a customer - and I admit, it is very convenient and I use very regular..

Cons

Things i really don't like on Paypal is the high commission rate.Paypal has adopted a premium positioning on commissions since its inception, which can represent a real obstacle for e-merchants wishing to optimize their margins.
The customer service
Another downside to PayPal is customer service. Have you ever had fun calling them? There you have the little music that tells you: “your call is on hold, please wait” for 5-10-15 minutes. And then you wait 10-15 minutes, I've been waiting 25 minutes already, I still have no one on the phone. " So the customer service which is really very bad, big areas for improvement for PayPal. Plus, as soon as you have problems, it is still quite painful to have the right person concerned in the right department, to specifically have the need for the person who will help with the specific problem.
If your password is stolen, anyone can make purchases without your knowledge. It is therefore essential to choose a complicated and non-intuitive password.
A lot of adminitrative and paperwork
So another problem with PayPal is usually the paperwork: there are a lot of verification requests.
Geographical limitation
Paypal now bans its use in some countries around the world, including Africa and the Middle East.

• Industry: Music

• Customer Support Software

PayPal is an Essential Payment Provider with Amazing Features for Every Business

Reviewed on 30/09/2021

Overall, my experience with PayPal has been very positive. From the ease of use, convenience and safety of transferring money, PayPal remains one of my top choices for business transactions, especially when dealing with customers and merchants overseas.

Pros

PayPal takes the globe and makes it feel small. Through the payment services PayPal offers, anyone can do business from anywhere, and know that their money, as well as the money of their customers, is safe and secure. PayPal makes it easy to send and receive money. I love PayPal's ability to convert currency easily, as well as the "instant transfer" feature where you can receive money instantly into your bank account from PayPal. I also love that when you receive money, you can use it as "PayPal cash" to pay for other transactions, or deposit it into a linked checking account. While there are several other payment providers available, the features and ease of use that PayPal offers makes it a top performer, and must-have for any business.

Cons

PayPal is truly amazing, and overall has great features. The one downside is the excessive fees. From the instant transfer fees, to the payment fees, etc, PayPal certainly takes its share of revenue. If the fees were lowered, or even eliminated in some cases, PayPal would be the top choice for just about every business.

Square Payments and Shopify POS

Reasons for Switching to PayPal

While I still use other products as well, PayPal is best for ease of use. Because it was one of the first available payment providers, I find that people of all ages can easily use PayPal, while they may not yet be used to using other payment providers.
Ayman

The best Online Payment Platform in the world

Reviewed on 25/09/2021

PayPal helped me to carry out business and also buy services from different regions of the world, as the speed of the response of the site makes it difficult to be a victim of fraud, as there is no room for any of the customers to say that I sent the amount and similar arguments, as if he actually sent it, the site It will make you receive it immediately, which will make you feel that there is an assistant for you who guarantees your rights.

Pros

PayPal is one of the best electronic payment sites ever in the world, as the site has a network of relationships with all financial institutions around the world and enables the user, especially the owners of small enterprises, to receive and send money for a nominal fee while providing the utmost security and protection and ensuring the speed of execution of orders.
Also, one of the most distinguishing features of the site is the rapid response to all comments and complaints, and the site also provides a center for resolving disputes.
Also, when using it, you will ensure that there is no fraud or money laundering, which enables you to withdraw your money safely and without fear of being detained.

Cons

In fact, I have used PayPal for a long time and I don't think there are any drawbacks, as it depends on the user himself, if all his transactions are legal, all his transactions will be fast and he will not face any problem, and if there are any illegal matters he will expose himself to problems using the application.

Eduardo
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

• Customer Support Software

I used to complain about Paypal's high fees until I was the target of fraudsters with Stripe

Reviewed on 22/09/2021

Excellent. It's a breeze for sellers to install/setup and configure.

Pros

Easy to use. A lot of people know it. A lot of people use it. It is everywhere and it is trusted.

Cons

The fees could be a little lower, but it is NOTHING compared to what you risk and lose with cargeback claims with other payment providers.

Reasons for Choosing PayPal

I was the target of fraud. Stripe let a TON of fraudulent payments through and we dispatched them thinking they were legitimate orders. Stripe did nothing to help resolve the issue when we contacted them: it was automated messages after automated message. We lost all the money, the product and we still got charged by stripe a fee for every chargeback. STAY AWAY FROM STRIPE.

Reasons for Switching to PayPal

Paypal has a seller protection program where it protects the seller from fraudulent orders.
Md Mahbub

• Customer Support Software

When it comes to choosing the best payment system, Paypal is the most perfect solution!

Reviewed on 15/09/2021

PayPal is one of the most popular online payment systems around the world. It allows users to transfer funds electronically and also provides the ability to make payments without divulging financial information since it can process payments via credit card or bank account without any direct link between the consumer's bank account and the merchant's PayPal account. In addition, PayPal offers a buyer protection guarantee for unauthorized purchases made with a user's credit card on its network.

Pros

As i work with digital marketing and serve globally so it's mandatory for me to find the best solution. Paypal did the job for me. I can take payments anytime securely, from any country of the world (although Paypal doesn't support in few countries yet). Besides i can buy digital goods easily with the help of paypal. Its supported to all the global platforms which is great. In the same country, transferring money has no fee! Gift card system is also useful sometimes. In a word, i'm in love with Paypal.

Cons

Paypal usually gives the most priority to the senders. Sometime clients ask for dispute illegally, Paypal can't guarantee your money. I saw few buddies, their account has been limited by Paypal for the illegal dispute requests by their clients. Paypal should come up with the solution and serve properly to the both parties.

Josh
  • Industry: Design

Great online payments system with many features

Reviewed on 14/09/2021

My experience has been great and I use Paypal all the time for many online purchases and have places that send me payments right to my paypal account.

Pros

There are very few places that do not take paypal. You can easily add multiple ways to pay. It also easily integrates with many things like woocommerce, zapier and wordpress to take payments if you would like. It is easy to get money from friends or people who owe you for business.

Cons

There is really only one annoyance that I have with paypal. If I have a say $10 visa or mastercard gift card and say I want to buy something for $15 most places online don't take 2 forms of payment for the same item so I need some way to put the gift card into my paypal account, but they don't allow you to easily send money from a credit card or prepaid gift cards. So the work around is to make an invoice and send it to another email and then pay with the gift card. There are 2 things with this the first is then that you must pay a fee which I understand and would be fine paying the fee. The other is that the whole process is a pain in the butt. They should just allow prepaid gift card amounts to be added to your balance and then just charge you the fee. Annoying but not a deal breaker.

Wave Accounting

Reasons for Switching to PayPal

It's not necessarily that I have chosen Paypal over Wave. I use Wave more for my business and accounting stuff and making pretty invoices. I use Paypal way more often for my personal stuff and many online purchases and to get payments from survey sites and a few other things. So I think Paypal has its great purposes and if I start an ecommerce website which I probably will I will likely use Paypal for taking payments with Woocommerce.