RazorSync

Field Service Management Software & Mobile App

4.3 /5 (482 reviews) Write a Review!

Dominic G.

Affinity review

Reviewed on 22/03/2021

Great experience. Just a few things that would help our workflow. Happy with product overall.

Pros

Easy to work with and the customization options.

Cons

Sales tax settings reset when sync to QuickBooks, card payments for one off customers.

Response from RazorSync

Thank you Dominic, We look forward to serving you.

Larry H.

RAZORSYNC REVIEW

Reviewed on 22/03/2021

As a service only business (previous company), and being the sole employee, it was excellent. We still use it for service and repair scheduling, as well as scheduling our construction/installation work. I 'generally' would heavily endorse your product.

Pros

The scheduling for service work is excellent. Monitoring where our employees are at any given time is of extreme value. The customer notifications has been highly praised by our clients, and is helpful in determining how productive our teams are, in performing specific service and repair requirements.

Cons

The estimating portion of the program needs some work. It does not feel 'user friendly', and is difficult to update or change information. The presentation format appears a bit unprofessional in my opinion. We have used it for some estimating, then re-type the information into another system for managing payments and job status. We are now using QuickBooks Desktop. Not sure how that interface would work. We previously used QuickBooks Online..... I would not recommend using that, as the people in that organization appear to have little knowledge on how to manage the data, causing numerous errors, and some customer negative comments.

Response from RazorSync

Thank you Larry for the review! Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything.

Dave S.
  • Industry: Investment Management Software

Friendly?

Reviewed on 06/11/2019

The beniefets are that we can get our work orders on the go. Have coverage in most places and we have even started to track times for an incentive program.

Pros

Access is good. Has a lot of good qualities and able to get to those workers in a timely manner.

Cons

Punching in and out. It asks if you want to punch in but no option for out.
Another thing is that when you transfer pictures over it rotates them to a desk top. Now you have to rotate it again. This goes on for your whole gallery. Bummed about that! Also along with uploading those pics it could take up to a little less than a week to be able for our administrator to see those pics. So now we cant trash those pics in gallery to we get the ok. And having 5-7 jobs a day those pics add up in a quickness.

Response from RazorSync

Thank you for your feedback Dave. Please reach out to us if we can help you with anything. 877-675-4395 option 2 for support.

Lucinda B.

Simplified Service App

Reviewed on 10/06/2016

We are an Electrical contractor and have been in business over 38 years, mainly new construction. A few years ago we decided to push forward and open a new residential service department. We began to research scheduling programs with the ability to invoice and keep all information stored in one place. After researching many many applications the frustration began! We couldn't find anything simple enough and within budget to meet our needs. Not giving up on our goals yet, I finally came across Razor which was relatively new at that point.
The Razorsync website was very informative but I was skeptical so I called. I'm so glad I did because they were able to answer all my questions and explained very thoroughly how Razorsync worked. I decided to take the free month trial and once I downloaded it I knew at that we had found our scheduling app that does it all!!!

Pros

Excellent Technical Support
Instant scheduling and dispatch
Easy estimating and invoicing both in office and service field
You can access the schedule from anywhere!
Endless reports
You can attach documents to work orders, contract, photos, forms, pics etc
Accepts credit card payments
Service techs can create their own work orders when emergency calls come in after hours
Constant updates to customers, example -en route, onsite, job complete Customers just LOVE this!!
GPS tracking on service trucks
Customer Portal allowing customers to access their accounts
You can make suggestions how to better the app for your use, Razor listens and productively works as a team
There is so much more don't I don't use and I cant comment on because we already had resources in place - for example
Payroll - we do in house
QuickBooks - We use other accounting package

Cons

Updates to the App can be a pain at times, but probably more so for me because the guys in the field call me for their technical support, usually they cant remember the login and panic . So truly not really a con for Razorsync!
Guess I cant find a true con, great job Razorsync!!

Karen W.

Service Requests Don't Get Forgotten

Reviewed on 07/11/2019

My overall experience with RazorSync is great. We are not invoicing thru RazorSync yet - hoping that it will be an easy transition so I can't comment on that feature.

Pros

We perform maintenance jobs for some of our customers; services that are to be performed monthly, every 3 months, every 4 months, annually, and every 3 years and so on. This program allows us to schedule these jobs and the confidence that these requests will not fall off the radar.
Our techs can see what jobs are open in real-time; we are certainly more efficient since using this software.

Cons

Having a simple extension number for a contact person would be helpful.
Having the ability to move a service request from one customer to another would be great; currently you have to delete it and create a new request under the other customer.
Having the ability to merge two customer accounts would be great as well.

Response from RazorSync

Thank you for the review and feedback Karen! I am glad to hear that your overall experience has been great! If there is anything we can help you with please reach out to us!

Sarah E.

Needs some tweaks

Reviewed on 01/11/2019

Pros

It's intuitive & easy to use, and I like that it allows for as much detail and info as possible to be added to a work order. And in service, the more info the better!

Cons

when using on a desktop, the program lags when typing due to the autofill functionality. our database is quite large, which I believe may cause the lag. there are a few glitches that cause work orders to either duplicate or not populate at all. for example, from the schedule tab, if you search for a service request and drop & drag it onto the schedule to create a work order. when viewing the details of the work order, you must re-select the work order or you could potentially be editing the wrong work order. with a high volume operation, this can cause errors and confusion. also, it would be nice to have a way to view a work order report and, if possible, a quick view of the schedule from the customer screen, and vice versa. There's a lot of clicking back and forth between tabs that eats up a lot of valuable time.

Response from RazorSync

Thank you for your review Sarah. We're sorry to hear you've been having issues . Can you contact our support at 877-675-4395 or send an email to [email protected] to see if there's an issue we can help to resolve?

Noelle H.
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

RazorSync Review

Reviewed on 01/11/2019

It is a great tool for Service industry invoicing and billing.

Pros

The ability to work offline. Good customer support.

Cons

Not customizable. Sometimes our requests for improvement are delayed.

Response from RazorSync

Thank you Noelle for your review!! We work very hard to deliver a powerful solution and one that is backstopped by world-class support. Please reach out if you have any questions, our team is always happy to help!!!

Short Learning Curve

Reviewed on 10/06/2016

If your looking for a field service app then look no further. And trust me we tried them all. Quockbooks, GoServicePro, Jobber, mHelpdesk, ServiceM8, should I go on. First of all if you need a mobile app that works on Android then these guys have you covered. Most if not all the apps I mentioned above only support Iphone. All of our techs have android phones. The learning curve is almost non existent. Give yourself 45 minutes and your already a pro. Everything is synced right to the techs phone. You control what they see and do. So also tracks them with bread crumbs do you know where their at. When they change the status of a work order to "In-Transit" the app send an email or text or both to the client. This frees up the technician time having to call the next stop. I could go on and on with all the great things this does. Been a customer for almost two years and wouldn't think about switching.

Pros

Tech GPS tracking, no learning curve, great support (always answers the phone and fast email replies), integrated credit card processing, schedule by calendar view which is great, customizable, they host on a very fast server so there's no lag switching screens or loading multiple modules, customer portal, integrates with all popular accounting software if your already using something different. (There's accounting module works great).

Cons

Wish they had come up higher in the search when I Googled "field service tech software". I would haven't off had to go through all the other apps before finding them.

They are always upgrading and improving the mobile apps (for both Iphone and Android). I wish they would send out a email to let us know so we can let our techs know to update their phones. Not a huge issue but that's the best I could come up with for the "Cons" section.

Ashley S.
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Great tool for our Business

Reviewed on 04/11/2019

I was the person in our company who researched and picked out rasorsync from a slew of other similar platforms. I chose razorsync because it was superior. The price is fair and the features are useful. The ease of use and ability to track and monitor our technicians​ ' progress is amazing. We love razorsync.

Pros

I like that this software allows us to manage our appointments and technicians in a way that is user-friendly​ and comprehensive at the same time.

Cons

There are a few features that I wish we could utilize more and that razorsync had but overall it is a very good software platform.

Response from RazorSync

Thank you Ashley for the great review! Glad to hear You love it. We are grateful to be able to help your business. If you ever need anything, please feel free to reach out to us.

Christina S.

Razorsync Pros & Cons

Reviewed on 04/11/2019

Pros

Razorsync allows you to store your Customer's info and add multiple addresses and phone numbers so your employees know exactly which location to go to and the office staff know where to bill the job to. It is also great to be able to look back and see who has been completed and invoiced and jobs that are still incomplete or waiting for parts. We now use it for inventory management which works great as long as your employees enter the parts correctly.

Cons

The one thing we did not like about this program is that it would email a customer their work order which was sometimes not complete, even though that feature was turned off in Razor and no one asked it to email it out. So, due to that, we cannot put the customer's email address in the system in case it sends out stuff we don't want them to see.

Response from RazorSync

Thank you for your review and feedback Christina! We truly appreciate the opportunity to serve you. If you ever need anything, please feel free to reach out to us.

Parri M.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

• Customer Support Software

We have been using RazorSync for a few years now and this program has helped with our workflow.

Reviewed on 28/06/2017

We are able to keep track of employees and jobs. This software helps to run our business in a more organized manner.

Pros

Our scheduled jobs are easily accessible wherever we are. It is easy for our employees to use. Our employees are able to use this software as a time clock. As a business owner we are able to pull up the jobs each employee takes part in on a daily basis. We are able to see billable time versus down time. We are able to store notes for the customer that helps keep a log of the type of equipment they have. RazorSync is affordable for small businesses. We use all of these things to set us apart from other small businesses. We try to think BIG! That is why we use RazorSync.

Cons

Our company does not have a time frame or a day for most jobs. They are not all scheduled. We have to manually move jobs over to the next day if they are not completed or unassigned.

Chris H.

We love Razor Sync for our company

Reviewed on 08/11/2019

Overall it is working very well for us and we will continue to use it

Pros

We run a plumbing company and Razor Sync has allowed us to update our technicians in the field to add or revise service calls during the day. The color coding helps us in the office to see where they are in the schedule. Sending an automatic text message when our guys are on the way is a great feature

Cons

The big draw back is the many steps needed to close an invoice and the confusion that occurs when I close something in Quickbooks and interfacing back to Razor. We use the Service address function quite a bit and there is no place for a phone number, adding that line would be greatly appreciated, we currently add it to the work description box

Response from RazorSync

I'm happy to hear you love RazorSync Chris! Thank you for the great review!! . If you ever need anything, please feel free to reach out to us.

Mat M.

• Customer Support Software

Easy way to organize some chaos

Reviewed on 01/11/2019

Overall, our experience has been quite good.

Pros

RS offers a solution that follows each of our projects from start to finish - no need to jump around to a multitude of platforms.

Cons

The product is feature-rich and that sort of gets in the way of a smooth-running platform if you’re looking for on-the-go ease.

Response from RazorSync

Thank you Mat for this review! I'm so glad we've been able to assist!! Please reach out if you have any questions, our team is always happy to help!!!

Jan H.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Very please, would recommend

Reviewed on 06/11/2019

Overall I'm very pleased, I just wish there were better/lower rates on the card services and equipment for card services. We can't justify the expense of switching our merchant services.

Pros

That it's accessible from anywhere with an internet connection. If I received an email from a customer or from our website over the weekend, I can still set up service calls or look up info without having to wait until I'm in the office on Monday morning. I believe responding to the customers quicker helps with satisfaction and retention.

Cons

I wish you had better rates on credit card services and the necessary equipment. I believe it would be better if our electricians could run card payments in the field instead of having the customers call the office to pay over the phone or wait for an electronic invoice with a payment link.

Response from RazorSync

Thank you Jan for making RazorSync a partner in your business! Please connect with us if you ever need anything!

Jim C.
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Mostly Positive

Reviewed on 11/11/2019

Mostly positive.

Pros

Easy to use, nice that we can attach sub-contractors tickets and pictures to the ticket.

Cons

I cannot look back more than a few days to see where I’ve been in case I need to answer a customers question or if I may have left something behind, this is important. It would be nice to have reminders to clock in and “are you sure you want to clock out” warning.

Response from RazorSync

Thank you for your feedback and your review Jim, we appreciate it! We are grateful to be able to help your business. If you ever need anything, please feel free to reach out to us.

Luke E.

Great concept

Reviewed on 06/11/2019

We have reduced our paper usage since using razor as well as communication with our Tech's. It has also sped up our tech's in the field knowing their daily tasks in real time.
The experience would be better if when sending invoices it would take reviews that I can move to social media!

Pros

Love the concept, we use it daily here for disbatching, GPS and invoicing. I like the detailed hours so I can track time on the road vs time at the job!

Cons

We find the software to be very slow loading each different window. The system is confusing and not very easy to change a estimate to a work order, changing to a invoice is easy tho. I have had customers get upset with all the notifications they get from the software to the point I have had to shut off all contact between Razor and them. I would like to see estimates to be able to be invoiced in draws as the project moves forward.

Response from RazorSync

Thank you for your review and feedback Luke! Happy to hear that you are saving paper! Please reach out to us if we can help you with anything. 877-675-4395 option 2 for support.

Carey F.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Pros & Cons for Razorsync Review

Reviewed on 01/11/2019

Pros

The layout is easy to navigate.
The reports to extract open orders is very useful.

Cons

Inability to have Razorsync integrate with how our Quickbooks is set up and still keep our individual accounts visible in Razorsync.

Inability to make customers inactive if we don't do business with them currently, but would like to still keep the information if necessary to reference back to.

Unable to sort ques to have the customers in alphabetical order when billing is needed to be performed.

Response from RazorSync

Thank you for the review and feedback Carey. Please feel free to give us a call if we can help you with anything. 877-675-4395 option 2

Angi P.

I have LOVED Razorsync

Reviewed on 01/11/2019

I love that I can go in and schedule and the field tech can see the changes right away. It easy for scheduling, for running reports, and getting the field tech to the correct address. I have really enjoyed using this.

Pros

The thing I have loved most about Razorsync is it is very customer friendly. So easy to use, and to understand. I do most of the scheduling and love the simplicity of it.

Cons

I really can't think of anything I don't like about razorSync.

Response from RazorSync

We love you too Angi! Thank you so much for the great review!!! We work very hard to deliver a powerful solution and one that is backstopped by world-class support. Please reach out if we can help with anything!

• Industry: Civil Engineering

• Customer Support Software

Got us out of the paper age - worked as intended

Reviewed on 11/06/2016

Razorsync took us from paper based scheduling to electronic scheduling.
We are a engineering consulting company that dispatches techs to jobs throughout the day.
Had served well to reduce dispatcher workload, reduce unneeded phone calls between employees, and serve as a searchable record of jobs performed.
We are transitioning in the next few months to a custom built industry specific (and much more expensive) solution which will cover a more broad range of what we do besides just scheduling/dispatching, but razorsync has done very well over the past ~2 years to raise the productivity/quality from an unreliable process to a more streamlined one.

Pros

AWESOME dispatching screen, can drag and drop and easily modify jobs
Serves as a mini CRM between clients input
Customer service has always been extremely responsive when we've encountered issues

Cons

As with any program designed for a wide range of industries, it's going to have things which don't match completely to how you do certain things.
Mobile app can be confusing in changing job statuses and between work orders and jobs.
Originally we were told the iPhone 4 phones we used for everyone would be razorsync supported for a long period of time, but when razorsync dropped support when iOS didn't allow the new upgrade, forcing us to buy everyone new iPhone 5 models.

Don C.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

A solid value proposition

Reviewed on 08/11/2019

Excellent! Tangible, identifiable increases in customer retention, job completions, tracking and flow through billing. Field technicians are averaging one extra customer per day which YTD compared to before RazorSync has increased billings and revenues by 20%+.

Pros

Assimilation of data from accounting application into RazorSync to populate customer data.

Cons

Limited permission levels. You are restricted to either User level or Admin level. Mid level managers don't have the capability of seeing all work for a group or area under supervision and can redirect as needed without being a full admin.

Response from RazorSync

Thank you for the great review Don! Thank you for making us the partner in your business. Please connect with us if anything ever comes up!

Daniel W.
  • Industry: Machinery

• Customer Support Software

It was great until they improved it

Reviewed on 06/11/2019

Pros

This software is a breeze to use in the field.

Cons

The new addition of "just in time" data is a royal pain in the neck. It takes a program that was really useful whether or not I was in range of cell data and now makes accessing customer records harder and clunker. It's subtracted ease of function to the point I can't really recommend it.

Response from RazorSync

Thank you Daniel for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that using " Just in Time" is causing you such frustration. I will pass those detail along to our Product Manager. Please reach out if you have any other issues or questions!

Eric S.

Great Field Operation Solution

Reviewed on 01/11/2019

This has been a great and affordable solution for our company. Honestly, if it was not for this software, we may not have made it as a business

Pros

The dashboard is easy to use and being able to manage and see our field techs makes operations fluid and efficient. Our clients also love the portal where they can see quotes and invoices. Have also loaded in equipment manual pdf documents for them when needed!

Cons

The mobile app can be a little clunky at times and there are a few invoice customization options that are not available.

Response from RazorSync

Thank you for the great review Eric! We're so grateful to be able to help your business. Please reach out if we can help with anything!

Jack M.

Satisfied Customer

Reviewed on 11/11/2019

Customer service and the support is great.

Pros

Scheduling, It updates my google calendar to keep me on track.

Cons

You can't a payment for more than what the ticket states for a credit

Response from RazorSync

Thank you Jack for the great review and feedback! We work very hard to deliver a powerful solution and one that is backstopped by world-class support. We look forward to serving you. If you ever need anything, please feel free to reach out to us.

Diana M.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

• Customer Support Software

Product is easy to use most of the time

Reviewed on 06/11/2019

Pros

I like the fact that as I schedule appointments the are immediately uploaded to the Techs in the field. The Techs have the option to complete and invoice the job thru the system right on their phones. The GPS system is a very handy tool for scheduling jobs. I am able to keep track of time cards and correct them when the Techs forget something.

Cons

When integrating Razorsync to QuickBooks I seem to have many errors and the program just stops uploading. Still have not been able to upload into QuickBooks.

Response from RazorSync

Thank you for the great review Diana! We appreciate the recommendation! Please reach out if we can help you with anything!

Greg C.
  • Industry: Music

great product

Reviewed on 01/11/2019

Scheduling, future scheduling, and reminders

Pros

Easy of use and flexibility for my needs

Cons

Quickbook integration could be better but that may be quickbooks

Response from RazorSync

So glad to see that RazorSync is working so well for your business! We're so grateful to be able to help your business. Please reach out if we can help with anything!