The Sales Engagement CRM | Turn more leads into revenue

4.7 /5 (132 reviews) Write a Review!
4.7
4.4
4.4
4.7
4.6
Industry: Computer Software

Most your organization will ask, "why aren't we using Salesforce?"

Reviewed on 18/11/2018

Skip it.

Pros

Great if you have the patience and developments resources to help you customize everything. API is good, but for most non-enterprise organizations, who has time to be messing with APIs? Built in VoIP is a nice feature, but do your math and make sure the price is worth it.

Cons

- Searching for data is near impossible. Can't filter for anything logically without getting into "raw queries," so you better be half an engineer if you want to search for anything.
- Reporting is a joke. The reporting tools might as well not exist. Be prepared to ask developers to leverage the API and sync into some other tool.
- No matter what they may sell you, it's a CRM best used with small sales teams. It's not for account management or companies that expect anyone without an engineering degree to figure out how to analyze the data inside of it.

Likelihood to recommend: 3.0/10

James T.
Industry: Online Media

Best CRM I've had the pleasure of using

Reviewed on 10/03/2015

Close.io has been a huge help to our small B2B sales department. Before close.io we were using multiple programs to email, call, track, notate, and manage customers. It was a mess!!! Now we can do everything within the app itself. No more transferring information from one source to the other.

Pros

The features that helped us the most:

-real-time integration with gmail. We send and receive all our email through the app. Besides being more convenient it also keeps all correspondence logged in an easy to reference way.
-recorded calls - all calls and voice-mails are automatically listed right along with notes and emails. This is incredibly useful with longer sales cycles. We are able to go back and actually hear what the customer said on the call two months ago. So much better than just notes, especially if there is every a disagreement.
- Support is amazing. Always very responsive and timely and walked us through our limited implementation issues, (see below). Additionally, they are always improving the app, so about the time I suggest an option I'd like to see it is already slated to be rolled out.

Cons

Not really any cons to speak of, but we had a couple issues at first:

- call quality was poor. This was due to trying to use a wireless connection and after switching everyone over to wired, it went away. So while not an app problem, something to consider if you or your team work remotely.

-Some merging issues when pulling lead data from our web form. Again, this was not an app problem so much as a developer problem on our end, but it was a headache for a couple days none the less.

Varun K.
Industry: Information Technology & Services
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

The best CRM for the sales team to do the cold calling at an ease.

Reviewed on 21/09/2018

Pros

We use pipedrive for email marketing and Close.io for cold calling. Our system works like this. Our marketing team use pipedrive to send out email to possible leads and follow up with them and when it results in a successful response from the prospect the sales team collects the phone numbers. Then these prospects with phone numbers have been downloaded to csv and transferred to Close.io CRM for sales team. Then they do all the cold calling with in Close.io CRM. Our department also have access to this CRM to make support calls later on. We can say our sales team's productivity has increased a lot after implementing this CRM. They do not need to manually do the sorting and recording of calls made and everything can be done in settings just one time.

Cons

When importing the prospects from a CSV if there are duplicates in the file, it doesn't detect that and gets added just like an other contact. There are no option to segment the contact in to different categories.

David H.

Close - Great CRM for small to medium sized busniesses

Reviewed on 09/12/2019

Overall Close (close.io) was a great system for our high volume, low price software product. We recently switched from Close to Salesforce and It has been a very bumpy road that more than one department in our company has struggled with.

Looking back on our decision, I tend to look fondly on Close's simple and straightforward CRM capabilities.

Pros

Kept all communication and information for a given account/lead visible on one page. Made it very easy to navigate and get an idea of everything surrounding a given lead quickly.

- Perfect for high volume telesales
- Reporting and lead management was great
- Filtering lists made it easy
-Phone and text worked great

Cons

The way things were set up, it made it difficult to manage Parent Child orgs for our Enterprise department. Less ability for customization and integrations.

- We had a few problems with customer support/account manager getting back to us a few times.
(Our account maxed out on calls and we needed to add more several times, but this took a while to flesh out and it completely shut our sales department down a couple times. This happened a few times and we wanted to set things up so it would have added time to our account before we ran out. This should have been addressed so it did not happen and never was.)

Dean P.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Great CRM for Early Stage Companies

Reviewed on 03/11/2016

For an early stage company I think Close.io has everything you'll possibly need. The higher tier plans also let you forgo a phone system in your office to make it even more cost effective.

Overall the system is very easy to use and the visual layout of the platform is very nice. And really most of the basic things you'd need out of a CRM are all there.

My only qualm with this system is that there are minor annoyances like not being able to unmerge leads in the event you accidentally might have done so. And overall contact management could be slightly improved but it's not enough to ruin the experience in my opinion.

Pros

I really like the ease of use and graphical interface. I also love that I'm able to dial straight from the platform and the templating system is fairly easy to use as well.

Cons

Contact and lead management could be slightly improved. Unmerging leads is not possible from what I can understand so be careful not to merge the wrong leads. Also if your working specific verticals, it's nice to be able to port a contact from one lead to another should they have switched companies but that's not a possibility either.

Response from Elastic

Thanks, Dean, we're happy that our inside sales CRM is serving you well! We've passed your feedback on to the product team.

Jordan T.

Great Sales Tracking Management

Reviewed on 14/12/2018

Close.io is great for tracking leads and customer bases and the communication timeline as well.

Pros

My favorite thing about Close.io is the ability to add custom fields that help with reporting and overall ease of use. Also being able to call directly from the software and have the calls recorded and task creations are very simple.

Cons

The user interface could use some improvement. The flow of things can sometimes get a little chaotic so creates extra time to learn the system.

Shaun L.
Industry: Legal Services

One of the best CRMs

Reviewed on 11/01/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

One of the best crms I have ever used

Pros

It pretty much has every feature built into it. Very simple to use and easy to look at.
Very fast and boots quick

Cons

Dashboard could be a bit better but very easy to set it up for great lead generation
Must download the application

Kyle S.
Industry: Internet

No Fluff

Reviewed on 06/06/2016

If you don't have a super complicated sales cycle this is perfect. Great out of the box solution for any start up and small business. This is versatile enough to rock for SaaS start ups just starting out looking for customer feedback and product market fit or easily scaled to manage a small powerful team to start scaling.

Pros

Easy to use, easy to build "smart views" (no complicated list building) to knock out activities in batches so you can be hyper efficient. You don't have to overthink the perfect stack of SaaS Sales empowerment tools and can move forward with call recordings, cadences, and pre built reporting.

Cons

Guard rails prevent you from connecting it to any platform. (Salesforce works with everything but costly to learn and run but does let you customize). Not a con unless you are hyper advanced and are looking to control everything.

Industry: Computer Software

Great CRM that understands its user

Reviewed on 31/10/2018

I would advise this product to anyone, the pricing is correct, the product is great and does not try to lock you in but retains you through customer satisfaction.

Pros

The simplicity yet power of this CRM system is exactly what a growing company needs. It is also fantastic that the product comes with an API that can help to automate your tasks and connect the CRM to other products.

Cons

The user interface of the emails could be smarter and give a better oversight!

Juan V.
Industry: Automotive

Best CRM I have used!

Reviewed on 05/11/2018

Pros

The best CRM tool I have used, loved the interface that is literally all in one, recorded calls to review of my teams sales calls. Texts emails etc.

Cons

None! Best CRM system I've used! Definitely recommend

Joe G.
Industry: Financial Services

The best CRM for small-team sales pros

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 26/02/2019

Close is very cool because setting up a personalized workflow & follow-up sequence got me focused on what I need to do next without wasting mental energy on figuring it all out anew every week.

Pros

I can search my database by notes I've made, or specific actions like calls on a certain date. And, then set up a workflow & follow-up sequence accordingly.

Cons

Setting up a personalized workflow & follow-up sequence takes a long time, but once it's done, it saves lots of time. The email marketing feature needs improvement.

Gabe J.
Industry: Information Services

I use close.io and love the updates that they keep making

Reviewed on 26/09/2018

Keeps sales focused on relevant tasks rather than wasting time on housekeeping tasks

Pros

It makes the sales team at my company so much more efficient and keeps them focused on relevant tasks rather than wasting time on housekeeping tasks

Cons

Some small learning curve for some of the more advanced features.

Tom

You would be insane not to give it a free trial

Reviewed on 24/03/2014

Have used everything – Salesforce, InfusionSoft, Pipedrive, Sugar, etc. At some level, they were all awesome, and at another level, all of them sucked at something important. After signing up for a free 14 day trial, I happily pulled out my credit card and signed on for $660/month for our (4) users after using it for just a few days. And we had just signed on for a competitive solution only 4 months earlier.

Now, after using Close.io for a couple of weeks, the positive impact on our business has been profound. Since all calls and emails go through the system, the reporting is real-time and automatic for salespeople. Our sales staff loves it, I love it, and as long as it keeps working the way it is, we expect to be customers for a long time.

P.S. Responses from support are typically within the hour. So far, I'm very impressed.

Pros

Automated tracking, in-app calling, in-app email, bulk email, filtering, reporting, real-time dashboard.

Cons

Higher cost per seat than some others (but obviously well worth it for me, and most others).

Industry: Computer Software

Great functionality. But you can lose access anytime

Reviewed on 13/02/2019

This is a great platform. But I do not recommend it to anyone. If you are interested in good CRM then try PipeDrive. They don't have a few things, but their technical support will solve all your problems. They also do a lot of custom free stuff. And you can safely store 1M + contacts.

Pros

Awesome UI
Best filtration and search
Nothing extra
Not overloaded
Very fast

Cons

If your database more than 100K contacts, you will be disconnected, because you will ...."impacted our infrastructure".... When you try to solve a problem and chat with technical support, you will be ignored.

But there is no public limitation. Try to use. Are you lucky? Maybe not and your work will be suspended immediately. And then you will long try to switch to another platform without any help from those support. Maximum you will have a day.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Industry: Telecommunications

Best CRM EVER!

Reviewed on 22/01/2019

Close.io has been great from the start. Getting setup was easy and migrating our data from our previous CRM was simple. We are now able to monitor all outreach metrics in real time and close more deals with close.io

Pros

Close.io is every sales teams dream! Its super simple but extremely powerful! It has everything you need to effectively close deals daily and keeps you on track with very little effort.

Cons

I wish there was a two record type Leads and Accounts. There is a work around but my personal preference is a clear distinction between leads and accounts.

Alexander R.
Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Simple, intuitive, effective

Reviewed on 02/03/2016

As a pre-revenue startup with a strong relationship-based sales focus, we opted for Close over competitors. The reason being, Close presents a very simple and easy to use interface at the landing page on their website. Having used complex CRM systems that don't integrate with phone/email/web, Close is refreshing in it's speed, integration and intuitive user interface. Additionally, the pricing is reasonable compared to overpriced competitors. I recommend Close over other CRMs, because it is simple, easy to use and addresses what sales personnel need to manage quickly and effectively without taking undue time from their primary roles.

Pros

Price, customer support, intuitive user interface and simplicity of use, most effective CRM system I have seen that doesn't drain sales-personnel time.

Cons

Voice of customers could be a future feature; price is still expensive for pre-revenue and lean startups.

Industry: Hospital & Health Care

A tool for fueling sales

Reviewed on 23/03/2015

I am using Close.io to help keep track of all of my cold calls. I can easily open up multiple contacts and make calls to each of them a lot faster than looking at one contact at a time, clicking the mouse more times and being less efficient with my time. This is a great tool for any sales person wanting to keep better track of who to call when, reducing paperwork and headaches. I highly recommend this product.

Pros

User-friendly, great support staff that reaches out to the user, making sure they have everything they need to be more successful. The CEO truly cares for his clients, even taking a little time to give free consultation to help educate in sales.

Cons

Only thing is when you select back to get back to the main list of contacts, it takes you to the top every time and not where you left off in the list. Probably user driven and not the software.

Paul G.

Best Sales Productivity App

Reviewed on 17/03/2015

We were looking for a CRM that could be adopted easily by our sales team, and that could improve the productivity and flow of our reps. When we landed on Close.io we knew we had found the right piece of software. I would defy anyone out there to find a more user-friendly CRM. It's dead simple to understand and incredibly intuitive. And they've included all of the features you need to get going fast: from their famous Search Bar to call recording.

Pros

1) The ability to draw up call lists in 30 seconds using Close.io's search bar is brilliant.
2) There's no feature creep or anything that can obstruct you from doing what you need to do during your day of sales activities. Their design and UI is just clean and welcoming.

Cons

The only thing I might want more of, is more details analytics so we could go deeper as it pertains to metrics.

William W.
Industry: E-Learning

Close.io Rocks

Reviewed on 28/04/2015

Close.io has been a major improvement over our last CRM tool (Salesforce). Our reps are happier because there's less work on their end and management is happier because all key metrics are captured within. It's also a lot easier to find, assign and manage opportunities. The interface is clean and compelling with all the key information at hand. We're big fans.

Pros

Simplicity
Interface
Designed to mimic work flow
Search flexibility and functionality
Reporting
Less training/happy reps

Cons

There are features and functionality we'd like to see as Close.io add over time (note they're good about listening to requests). Examples include better managing duplication, parent/grandparent relationships (visual and drop-down) and an area for notes within individual contacts.

Nir A.

Great Software!

Reviewed on 28/11/2015

Before close.io I was keeping track of all my customers with excel and pages. Now I have notes and history of all the customers including call logs, durations, and interests levels. This helps me give them the one-on-one feeling they want. The reminders and events that I set to help me contact clients at appropriate times that really helps me grow my business.

Pros

Easy to use, fast, customizable. Was able to import all my customers with a few clicks.

Cons

The only negative thing I have to say is that close.io does not work really well with HTML emails. That being said, I don't think that is a common feature in CRM's so I'm not 100% sure if I can call it a negative. Other then that, the software is great.

CRM for startups

Reviewed on 11/04/2018

Pros

i love being able to send emails directly from the crm. it's not just sync, but a full integration. it also has all the modern functionality you would expect from an email system - right in your crm!

Cons

my concern is how well this tool scales because of its relative lack of discreteness. it would be difficult for manage a sales team utilizing this technology

Big fan of Close.io

Reviewed on 15/10/2018

Happy with Close.io. We'll continue to use them.

Pros

Too many to list. During the trial our team already saw an ROI for the software. Very easy to use and great for keeping sales teams organized.

The CEO has tons of great resources available.

Cons

Can't think off too many. An integrations marketplace would be great to see.

Roberto J.
Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Amazing product

Reviewed on 16/04/2015

We explored several CRMs and this one offered exactly the tools that really mattered to us. Other CRMs had more features but none that were essential to our business. In our case, all those bells and whistles within other CRMs made the experience complicated and unpleasant. Close.io's email integration, bulk emailing, integrated calling and powerful search capabilities allows us to maximize our sales efforts and keep better track of our potential and existing clients.

Pros

Great customer service and uncomplicated CRM with features that truly make an impact to every day sales performance.

Cons

A little pricey compared to other solutions in the market.

Industry: E-Learning

Increased Efficiency

Reviewed on 16/11/2015

I never liked doing calls/emails because I hated the amount of time I spent logging my activities. Ever since Close, I don't mind doing sales anymore.

Pros

Ease of use, smart workflow and design

Cons

Not available on smartphones

Industry: Management Consulting

The best affordable CRM application on the market !

Reviewed on 15/06/2015

I have been testing plenty of CRM applications in the last 4-5 months. Some of them were overkill for my business, loaded with plenty of tools i’d never use. Others were extremely cumbersome and for some of them I had more work entering data into the CRM application and keeping it up to date (by copying, pasting, retyping etc).

But this one rocks!

Close.io is an extremely intuitive application. Everthing works the way it should, without any hassle, no problems, no retyping data etc. Without frustration.

For me, it’s been a great help to get things done easier, faster smarter.

Stop looking for a better solution than this one. Just try the trail version and see for yourself how intuitive it is.

Don’t make the same mistake I did… searching and trying software which in the end doens’t fulfill yours needs.

This one will.