The CRM for high-performance sales teams.

4.7 /5 (135 reviews) Write a Review!

Anna K.

• Customer Support Software

Close.io for therapists, tutors and coaches

Reviewed on 14/10/2015

I have been looking at various CRM's for my private practice. I provide online therapy for speech, language and learning. Close.io impressed me with its rich features and customizations. I loved the fact that Close.io works perfectly for one person. So many of the other CRMs are for sales teams.

Pros

Everything functioned flawlessly on the first try. I was able to set it up to use my domain name email. I imported all my contacts from Gmail. I could add customizations that would make it easy to keep track of my clients.

The search function knocked my socks off! I couldn't remember the name of a certain funding agency. Just by entering the client's name, it gave me the funding agency.

Close.io was created for people trying to make an initial sale. I keep my clients three or four years and they often need a break from therapy for a few months. It was easy for me to give clients a status, such as "paused" or "completed goals".

I was able to collect leads from my Wordpress website using Planso Forms. These create a new lead in Close.io.

The options to add a phone line and bulk email surprised me. I haven't seen this in any other CRMs. I can create email templates and send out messages to groups of people using my domain name email. The messages are plain text, which is just right for smart phones.

I tried out the phone function on my computer. I have been using Magic Jack, and getting complaints from clients about MJ. The Close.io phone line is from Twilio and is much clearer. By installing the app on my phone, I can have a second phone number on my cell and I don't have to give clients my personal number.

Cons

I'm in Canada. I wish the price wasn't so high, especially with the exchange rate.

As an online therapy provider, I also have to pay for a telepractice platform and an online scheduler. If Close.io offered integration with Verishow and Accuity Scheduling, they would be able to offer a complete virtual office for online therapists, tutors, and coaches.

Elias A.

• Customer Support Software

A solid CRM but not close to the being the best for sales reps.

Reviewed on 11/04/2021

Close is not a bad CRM at all. It is a solid contender and helped me be more productive with its management and workflows. The only issue with it is that it ain't that easy to get used to when it comes to the customizations.

Pros

I like the automations, data, and insights it provides. Also, the task & Pipeline management are pretty solid.

Cons

Smartviews even tho it is one of the main features is not that easy to customize or get used to if this is your first CRM. There are better solutions that make this type of customization easier.

Eric M.

Close - Marketing Agency

Reviewed on 12/02/2021

Overall I would highly recommend the software to other businesses users I think it is far better than its competitors.

Pros

It is a great CRM for marketing and sales agencies. I would recommend the software if you do a lot of outbound sales and need to assign tasks to team members.

Cons

It is a little bit of a steep learning curve however once you get the gist of it everything becomes very easy.

Joshua F.

It's like magic

Reviewed on 17/03/2015

We have a startup focused in ticket sales for events in Mexico. We were looking for in-depth data of our salesmen and to make easier for them to keep track of their clients by client type. We used a CRM (highrise), but the data it gave us was no longer enough to know more about whether the size and type of clients - and opportunities - our sales team were generating was the right kind given our current strategy.

We initially requested a trial by importing a subset of random data of our former CRM but we felt this was not useful, because not all of those imported leads were relevant to us at the moment. When support from close.io gave us the option to extend our trial period, we deleted all of the previous leads and instead started adding new leads into the platform. That's when we notice the main strong point of close.io: by adding our first lead's email, within seconds we had a full history of each email we exchanged in the past. The desktop app works like a charm. Also, when you have a small sales team like ours, it's great to add a lead and check if one of your teammates already make a contact. Finally, it's amazing how easy is to categorize leads, we even use it to keep track of investors, allies and competitors.

The call feature is also a huge breath of fresh air into a follow-up process. The fact you can make calls straight from the app, that those calls get recorded and also get tracked into a lead's history ensures automatic track of almost every kind of interaction with a lead. In our case, although we tried it and it worked great, we won't make use of it because our small office space forces us to do calls by getting outside the office, and given our internet connection is not that solid we will keep making calls the way we are right now and evaluate a full switch later.

In a few words: if you have a small sales team and you want to make them doing more closing and less data insertion into follow-up tools, consider switching to close.io

Pros

The email auto-tracking is by far the the tool of close.io. The fact you can create a lead and it automatically brings all of the history of emails you exchanged with them gives a lot more insight and visibility into salesman follow-up performance. Also, the call feature; if you have a strong internet connection, and especially if you're a startup and your salespeople is constantly on the run. Support also responds very quickly to feedback, which made a lot easier the switch from our former CRM.

Cons

For our business, it´s very important to do bulk imports. However, the tool does not let you to opt out of duplicating leads, which makes us take longer to "curate" each file we want to import.

Bronne B.

Far Superior to Salesforce

Reviewed on 04/06/2019

I just want anyone reading this to know that I went from using Close to using Salesforce. Originally I didn't think Close was anything particularly special, because I hadn't tried out any other CRMs. Working with Salesforce has made me change my mind completely - Close is a far superior product.

Pros

Extremely intuitive, clean and smooth. Intelligently designed and sets you and your employees up with a great work flow to stay organized

Cons

The view set ups can take some getting used to (IF, OR, AND) but once you have it figured out your workflow will go so smoothly.

Tayler U.

Close helps you close.

Reviewed on 16/07/2019

The sales team uses close everyday. It has helped us stay organized, keep customer data up to date and stay on top of opportunities.

Pros

-Easy for the team to use.
-Calling system is great
-Fast customer Service.
-Call recording is fantastic.
-Easy onboarding

Cons

-Reporting is lacking for what we need. We would like to see more detailed reporting.
-Company Hierarchy. No way to easily setup parent and child companies
- Limited field for opportunities
-Smartviews are difficult to use.
- Few direct Integrations.

László M.

• Customer Support Software

Great outreach tool for calling prospects

Reviewed on 24/10/2019

Very easy to use tool for sales reps who do a lot of calls in a day.

Pros

Very easy to use with an intuitive interface. Easily create followup sequences and the best feature is the one-click calling SMS. It is just so easy to call ANY Country on your computer. With great audio quality.

Cons

The startup plan is fine, but if you want to use multiple phone numbers and call recording, it is only in the most expensive plan.
Also, you cannot see which calls cost how much money, it is hard to track back your charges.

Good For A Small Sales Team, in The Early Days

Reviewed on 07/03/2019

On a larger scale, Close becomes really impractical. Sales agents lose track of contacts, there's no meaningful data analysis that can be done because of a lack of tagging and order. It's a good package to start out with, but I find that companies move along quickly for more powerful and useful products.

Pros

- really easy to use
- stripped down to the bare minimum, not many tabs for the sales team to navigate
- new email chain function is impractical as it's a manual task to set up for so few sales contacts
- customer support a few years ago was bad but has improved greatly
- price

Cons

- hard to extract data in a meaningful way. The search functionality is quite rudimentary
- data analysis is barely existent
- insufficient tagging
- feels like a doctored spreadsheet with nicer formatting but less usability

Mandy C.

"They're just so...good!"

Reviewed on 08/09/2015

We have been shopping for a CRM for far too long. Then Kevin and Close.io got our attention. We have had nothing but above and beyond conversations that can only be described as authentic. I typically can't stand the sales process, but something about the honesty took the sting out of the experience. When you hang up the phone after a call and collectively agree, "They're just so...good," it's a great feeling. The product itself is loaded with the features our business needs as we grow. We're looking forward to finding out just how accurate their tagline is...If we, in fact, close more deals and make more sales, we all win. With the powerful features at our fingertips, and so many great integrations, we think our sales team will see great results.

Pros

Excellent support
Concise Call Logging
Smooth UI/UX
Flexible pricing
Integrations

Cons

So far, the only hiccup has been importing/exporting from our existing CRM (using Import2).

Stefanie H.

• Customer Support Software

Close.io makes it so much easier to manage leads!

Reviewed on 15/10/2015

Close.io has made it so much easier to manage our leads! The smart bulk email templates have been especially useful; they allow sending cold emails to be efficient, but still personal. Customer service has also been really great; within just a few days of starting the free trial I was directly contacted by one of their team members who was happy to answer any questions. The automatic email integration is fantastic; it syncs instantly with my Gmail account so it is easy to switch back-and-forth without missing any information. Great product all around!

Pros

- Automatic email integration
- Advanced lead search
- Ability to set 'status' on leads
- Awesome and personal customer service
- Startup discount
- Bulk email templates

Cons

- Wish you could select, specific individual leads for bulk email and bulk editing (instead of generating lists from a common status or other label)

• Used Daily for Free Trial

Amazing CRM

Reviewed on 26/03/2019

Pros

The integrations and power of the tool. It gives you email, SMS and much more. I also like their courses.

Cons

The UI could be somewhat improved and upgraded, but that's okay.

David U.

Happy Customer

Reviewed on 05/06/2015

The product is useful to manage and contact leads in high volume.

Customer service is exceptional. Would recommend to other organizations if you're looking to quickly set up and contact your prospects.

Pros

Easy to upload contacts
Customer lead segmentation filter unlike anything I've seen.
In app phone and email system to easily contact and manage customers from one spot.

Cons

No Dedup when uploading contacts
Not optimized for mobile or tablet

Stuart B.

• Customer Support Software

Ideal for direct email marketing

Reviewed on 16/12/2016

When I was doing direct email marketing, close.io made it so easy to feed in a ton of contacts, automate sending out personalized emails, then track who responded, who didn't, and keep moving people down the funnel. If you're doing email marketing, you need a tool like this just to manage everything you've got going on, and so that you can track follow up with people and really close more deals. Everyone I dealt with at the company was great too, and even the founder is reachable.

Kristofer F.

Easy integration and superb service

Reviewed on 08/04/2015

We use close.io for our customer facing sales processes, started out with two sales agents and now scaled up to more than 40 while constantly adding features around close.io using their API. Close.io was easy to integrate into our processes for it is simple enough and yet let's you configure/adapt just as much as it makes sense in an early startup phase.

Pros

Very friendly and fast support team, good API, intuitive interface

Cons

Calling functionality is quite pricey in the long run

• Industry: Consumer Services

Great tool

Reviewed on 15/03/2016

If you're dealing with a bunch of lead data and need an easy way to manage those leads, this should be your tool! Highly recommend it. I particularly like the easy and quick filter + export.

Pros

Very helpful and powerful

Cons

requires learning curver

Michael brody K.

Lightweight but powerful

Reviewed on 15/04/2015

Close.io is lightweight but powerful. The customized fields and search features create a robust filter that is essential for quick organization. The tool Integrates really well with Gmail and a plethora of other day-day applications.

Close.io helps me stay organized so I can focus on maintaining and building relationships with my clients.

Pros

Amazing customer support!

Cons

Mobile App is not released yet...

Codrin M.

Best sales tool ever

Reviewed on 04/03/2015

I have been searching for ever for a tool that can do what close.io does.
I found the app surprisingly easy to use. The setup is a breeze , importing more than 6000 leads, tasks and opportunities in minutes. The phone integration priceless and extremely convenient. I'll be honest I thought that the pitch was to good to be true, but as it stand right now is as good if not better.

Well Done!

Gregory D.

BEST CRM I have ever used.

Reviewed on 11/03/2015

Close.io has improved our workflow and helps us to never drop the
ball on a lead. Their search queries are sales magic - we can
quickly create lead lists for highly-targeted outreach campaigns.
Prior to Close.io, this required days of sorting through our
database. Now it’s a couple of clicks. It’s simply the best piece
of sales software out there - hands down!

Eleftherios H.

Everything I need for Sales

Reviewed on 16/03/2015

Close.io did a great job in reducing functionality to the max and combining the for me most relevant features in a intuitive dashboard. From lead management, sales cycle to contacting prospects as a team - it's all in it. Nothing more.

Pros

Directly initiate emails and calls from close.io, smart searches

Maximilian G.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Greatest sales tool out there

Reviewed on 01/09/2015

When we had the choice between Salesforce and Closeio, the latter was a no brainer after going through both trial periods. For us its the cleanest and slimmest sales tool that has all the functionality you need for a multi-country launch. Since we're very focussed on tech, the easy to use rest api with several wrappers for all major languages is also a big plus. Can only recommend.

Pros

- very clear user interface
- voip calls, emails, notes all in one interface
- easy yet powerful rest api

Jake I.

Great CRM

Reviewed on 17/07/2016

I have used Salesforce for 7 years and a couple of other CRMs over the past 10 year. Close.io seems to be more intuitive and geared towards individuals who value data and follow ups. Very easy to use and integrates with other useful apps very well.

Alexander E.

• Customer Support Software

Close is great for startup sales but lacks some simple features

Reviewed on 18/10/2019

Overall it's been a good but not great experience. The basics are covered for a CRM but some what seems like basic features are still missing.

Pros

I love the automated email sequences to help with my outbound prospecting efforts. This enables me to 'set it and forget it" to ensure proper follow up is happening with prospects.

Cons

I don't like that you can't map specific email chains to specific opportunities. Furthermore, you can't upload files which is a real drawback and support suggested I just link to google shared drives.

Jason M.
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

• Customer Support Software

The future looks bright with Close.IO

Reviewed on 12/02/2016

I have used Close.IO at my past company and this is the only CRM that I can endorse. When I told my team that I was going to update the current CRM tool I was met with a lot of questions and concerns. After showing the video on the Close.IO site and taking questions for about 20 mins my team was buying into the idea of changing over. I was also able to prove to them that there would be a minimum of an hour that each of them would save a day, so that peaked their interest. Then as we ramped up for the change the nervousness kicked in again, so I made sure to stage the rollout in an effort to handle all questions in a controlled manner and prepare for more users. The employees were blown away by the ease of use! And I was impressed at just how smooth it all went. Being a tech guy my learning curve is quick, but from employees in their 20's-50's we had a hugely successful transition into Close.IO.

While my team is still early in the game, about 3 weeks into Close, we are seeing AMAZING results. One of my sales guys is up 50% in his personal sales! Others are up 10-20%. My entire team has said that they cannot wait to see what the future holds as we are continuing to find more ways to improve our process. Close.IO has convinced my team that it is the choice CRM tool.

Pros

Automation and their inbox is a huge pro.
Their search feature is arguably the best anyone could ask for. We are still discovering search tricks. GREAT ROI!
A great help page on the Close.IO site for finding suggestions and troubleshooting.

Cons

We did have a tough time with our firewall when first setting up Close.IO, so make sure to include your Network Admin in the conversation of switching to Close.IO early on in the process.
Sometimes getting someone on the phone can be a challenge, but email and scheduling a call have never been a problem.

A must-have for sales

Reviewed on 18/03/2018

Pros

As a huge fan, I have nothing but great things to say.

Some of the biggest wins:

-Fast interface
-Robust and extremely powerful search tools
-Syncs with gmail (IMAP) perfectly.
-Ability to set custom SMTP servers for outbound email, while maintaining sync for inbound.
-Excellent support team
-Custom variables for leads. Allows sales team to get additional key insights
-Tasks manager and assignment

Cons

Only one feature that I can currently think of that I'd love to see and that's the ability to add custom fields to contacts within a lead.

• Industry: Food & Beverages

Great for Team Alignment

Reviewed on 02/11/2016

We're not the "target market" for most of the sales management solutions out there. We just needed something that could let us keep track of key accounts easily, give us a snapshot, and keep everyone on the same page..... and specifically me as a CEO to be able to bullshit check what the sales people are saying is the status of accounts (because now I can read all the emails and notes related to the account). Priceless.

We liked it so much, that we started another "organization" to keep track of our Series A fundraising... so we know where every investor is in the process, who has gotten what info, etc.

Pros

Flexible - easily tweaked
Not overkill

Cons

No mobile interface - nobody in our company sits at a desk and "does sales"... we are all on the road on jumping meeting to meeting, so it would have been awesome to have an app version or a more user friendly mobile version.