Microsoft Outlook

4.1/5

Nicole
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

• Customer Support Software

Outlook is the best email I've had for business.

Reviewed on 11/06/2022

If I had a large corporation I would probably use a paid version of Outlook for our company email.

Pros

the clean interface and since it was a paid version there were no ads either!

Cons

sometimes I don't like using things made by Microsoft...

ProtonMail

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Outlook

More mainstream and streamlined for business.

• Customer Support Software

Outlook 356 (Desktop App )

Reviewed on 30/09/2022

Compared to other email clients and even Outlook Web, this version (Outlook desktop) provides a lot of power and since it is bundled with the other apps in MS Office 365, using it is a no-brainer. We use it mostly for general business emails and receiving notice of store orders. We have used it for bulk mailing but it is not the easiest to use for that.

Pros

It is easy to use for end users; allows for extensive customization; allows for integration with MS Word and Excel; allows easy, attractive formatting of emails.

Cons

Some features are only available depending on what type of email server is managing your service. For instance, you cannot easily just "turn on" an out-of-office auto-reply unless your email comes from an Exchange server. If you are on an IMAP or POP server, you have to create a rule using a template email and it's much more involved. It can have trouble searching large mailboxes. It does not like running the same account/profile on more than one PC (emails visible on one are not always available/visible on the other).

ProtonMail and Thunderbird

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Outlook

Stability; availability in MS Office which we already used; can use with any email hosting provider.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Outlook

Reviewed on 15/02/2022

I think they are better ecosystems that keep your email and all your planning together, outlook make it so complicated.

Pros

it's pretty basic, if you have a the destok app you can have a full view of all your emils in the left and the content of the email you choose in the right.
In the other hand you have the calendar rigth there too.

Cons

I totally hate this software, is not intuitive at all, it makes everything really complicated, it takes longer to get my emails.
They are way to many options out there that are easy to use and integrated everything

Kevin
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

The expected professional choice

Reviewed on 31/10/2022

Pros

Very professional in appearance and very well integrated with the Microsoft Office suite.

Cons

I would like to see the spelling and grammar checks match the Microsoft Word standard.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Outlook

More professional and more options for managing my time and work
Suraj

Connecting People Together Virtually

Reviewed on 05/05/2022

Microsoft is a lifesaver for every professional whether it comes to being an awesome email client or an instant meeting/calendar scheduler, In a world where we have moved away from physical paper and files, this is the one-stop solution for maintaining that communication chain.

it is not software but a revolution for connecting people together. It keeps the communication chain unbroken.

Pros

The Best Features

1. Light Weight Client application for both mobile and desktop helps seamless integration with any number of email accounts
2. Integration with Microsoft Teams best for scheduling online meetings and custom reminders are very helpful
3. Calendar is a great feature that helps us manage the time and schedule things without conflicting with others
4. Integration with third-party plugins
5. Automatic replies & mail recall is the hidden gem of this product
6. Offline availability

Cons

The UI keeps on changing and it becomes difficult to find the options that we use as their placements are frequently changed, Microsoft should avoid changing it too often or at least keep things /Proper Icons in place. Else we end up googling for existing features after every update

Lydia

User-friendly email/calendar software

Reviewed on 07/07/2022

Pros

I find Outlook to be very user-friendly email/calendar software, coming from someone who has used Google email/calendar products in all of my previous roles. It was simple to learn how to use it and I like that I was able to download the Outlook desktop app on my Mac. This allowed me to integrate my other email accounts and calendars to have all of my email accounts in one place and also sync my calendars in one place. I'm all about efficiency! I also actually like having desktop notifications which you don't get when using the web version of Outlook, though that is an option.

Cons

One thing I do not like is how email threads appear in my inbox differently depending on whether I am using a Mac or PC. This is difficult because I work hybrid and when I am in the office, I use a PC, but I use a Mac when working from home. The Outlook app is a little different in general on a Mac vs PC, understandably so since it is a Microsoft software, but it would be helpful if the features and overall experience were more streamlined to be the same across different operating systems as this would make the experience more consistent.

Review for outlook

Reviewed on 28/09/2022

It is not a program that I can use for my personal e-mails. It can be used in more workplaces.

Pros

I'm using this through the company. It works for large-scale companies for users to interact with each other. It is an ideal program with its ability to access information quickly in parts such as the address book, signature operations and many features. It allows to categorize mails by giving colors.

Cons

It needs to be updated and developed for macos software. Also, mails are sent later to the desktop application. This pushes people to use online. It can be made faster. I am not looking for the efficiency I want in the filtering part either. When I type in the search button, it has trouble finding an exact match.

• Customer Support Software

Great product if you use M365!

Reviewed on 12/05/2022

Great email service! love the M365 integrations!

Pros

Great integration with M365 ecosystem. I can integrate all the emails with my teams apps and provides a seamless transition between apps. Great email archiving features. I love the spam blocker as well.!

Cons

I don't like the UI/UX. It is too complex and not easy on the eyes. Browser version is fine. but mobile browser is not very user-friendly!

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft Outlook

M365 provides better features, and it came bundled with gmail. (storage is better)

• Industry: Fund-Raising

Excellent Application

Reviewed on 26/04/2022

The customer service is great. The security is where we need it.

Pros

MO is great, I am so happy our organization made the switch. I love the subfolders, focus and other inboxes.

Cons

One Drive does not always sync and causes more frustration and extra work.

• Industry: Civic & Social Organization
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Outlook review

Reviewed on 17/08/2022

Pros

Mail templates and design make the application very easy to use. I really like the designs.

Cons

Search and filtering should work faster.

• Industry: Computer Networking

A look at Outlook

Reviewed on 23/02/2021

When we're all experience is I would have to say on the positive side I use it daily and I have faith and it has never let me down and I believe in its security

Pros

The thing I liked most is the security that comes with Microsoft Outlook. They keep your email very secure and help with identity theft and also encrypt your email. Sometimes that can be a hassle but security is better than not having it just so you can get into your email faster.

Cons

What I like least is using Microsoft on an Android or Chromebook platform. You have to be signed in to your outlook and integrate it through your Chromebook to be in order to be able to send emails.

Google Alerts

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Outlook

I feel that Microsoft is a quality product and I've used it since it came out and I am familiar with it.
Anamaria
  • Industry: Design

Great for Work

Reviewed on 09/09/2022

My overall experience with Outlook is great and helps me stay professional as a freelancer. It also helps save time because I can send mass-emails from Word just using my contact list (in Excel) without having to send one by one or adding people in BCC.

Pros

It's definitely the professional tool to go with for work. What I love the most is being able to add rules and categories by color.

Cons

There is just one thing that I would recommend to be updated: being able to drag and drop photos into the body of the email instead of being attached. It works on the web version but not on the desktop-installed version.

Laura
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Pleasantly surprised!

Reviewed on 09/11/2022

We use Outlook exclusively and coming from a company that didn't use Outlook, I was skeptical. I'd heard that Outlook was difficult to use, however, that was proven wrong. Using Outlook has been a positive experience and I wouldn't go back!

Pros

Honestly, there are many things I like about this software, but I will try to narrow it down to what I like the most, difficult, but here goes. I like the layout feature. On any given day I can have numerous meetings and emails, and sometimes those meetings change location/topic and I'm notified of those changes via email. The fact that I can view my calendar and emails makes it easy to have the details I need so I don't miss the communication and I can be where I need to be. I also like the 'Notes' and 'To Do' features. I can do a brain dump and know that it's all in the same area, I don't need another application. Pinning/flagging/ and rating the priority of emails makes organization simple and ensures the higher priority items are upfront so I don't miss them. Lastly, the option to have a video meeting when creating a calendar meeting is a win! I don't have to move from one application to another and risk missing details. It's all right there! Basically, the fact that all I need is in one place ensures my time is used effectively and efficiently and that is a WIN!

Cons

This is hard to say because I don't know how the back end of things works, that's why we have a tech team, but I've run into trouble when trying to log into my work email on a personal device (phone, computer). The layers of security are great for safety, but it's a pain when I can't get in touch with the tech administrator to give me the access code to log in. I appreciate the security aspect, but it makes the ease of use a bit more difficult initially.

Sabharish

• Customer Support Software

Truly an enterprise level communications solution, much more than just emails!

Reviewed on 08/10/2020

Overall, it is a great product packed with capabilities and is constantly improving by the day. It forms the foundation for any successful work environment and the parent company Microsoft is very good about listening to their users feedback and offering solutions in a timely manner as well.

Pros

I'm going to begin with the ease of use and how there is virtually no connectivity issues. Some of my favorite features are the integrations with other tools in the Microsoft Suite like Teams, SharePoint, Delve, Analytics, Stream, OneDrive etc. I love the calendar capabilities and scheduling assistant that quickly helps me find available times. The search bar is excellent and returns valuable and accurate results. Some of the analytics offered by outlook is also very helpful as it tells me how long on average I spend writing/reading emails, in meetings etc. vs how much focus time I actually have to work. Automation is another huge area that adds a lot of value. Being able to set automatic replies and make it custom as needed. Outlook also allows to create generic groups and inboxes and listservs very easily.

Cons

Grouping emails is still pretty difficult and manual. If outlook would create themes or containers based on the content in the email or the subject line, it would make it more easier for me to prioritize. Also which emails need my attention immediately vs the ones that can wait a bit longer. I've had a lot of trouble with rescheduling meetings and that sending the right timely updates to the invitees. Sometimes it is delayed and sometimes never goes out and Outlook sometimes does have some syncing issues as well. Creating signatures for different purposes was also slightly difficult. No way to unsend an email still and that would be helpful.

Binny
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

• Customer Support Software

Best tool for email available in market!

Reviewed on 22/07/2022

My company has switched to AD and now we are using Outlook (admin and user) with MS Teams. They work amazingly good when coupled together. The are built to scale in enterprise networks. For small startup setup, this is not a good idea, but to scale to enterprise level, they provide you multiple secure ways to access and assess.

Pros

I have been using Outlook over 1 year or more now. I love the way teams can collaborate over Active Directory. Microsoft provides ease of use applications with their AD, outlook and teams are one of such. The way we can use the keyboard shortcuts in desktop app, feels like using native windows. I love their outbox thread, suppose the email is delayed for some reason, it will be there in outbox before reflecting it in sent items, this removes any discrepancy that could take place. But I love the encrypted emails feature, which I have never noticed in rivals yet.

Cons

Well apart from just good talk, I have few things to highlight too. OOF message (Automatic replies) are to be set manually each day, why cannot we automate it for each day in upcoming week?
Also, there should be a feature of email templates, which I did not find. When we have multiple email formats we have to store it in notepad and later copy paste, this things are something which needs to be considered while purchasing this product.

Christina
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

With Microsoft Outlook we receive our emails safely and professionally

Reviewed on 07/05/2022

My favorite feature of this program is the ability to automatically send meeting invitations to recently deleted folders and then retrieve them if necessary. I like this function since the inbox folder can only hold critical emails, and they aren't being forwarded to that folder. I enjoy being able to check other people's schedules so I can set up meetings and, if necessary, communicate with them directly. I enjoy the ease with which folders and emails can be established and organized.

Pros

Cons

Since there are so many features and connections, it might be a bit overwhelming to find out what each one does. You'll ultimately get the hang of it with a little tinkering. I'm still prone to accidentally archiving or deleting an email because of a few erroneous typos. Because of this, I've learned to pay attention to the buttons I press when in my Inbox.

• Industry: Arts & Crafts

MS Outlook vs the rest

Reviewed on 17/08/2022

I really hate GMail, I think the UX is horrible, and Thunderbird is okay but a bit confusing and not so good with text formatting. I think Outlook has all the features I need and the UX that I feel more adequate, although of course this is a very personal issue.

Pros

I use Outlook, a lot. It's always open, I'm always emailing and receiving emails. I have tried Mail from MacOs, Thunderbird and a bunch others, and I have to say Outlook is the one I feel most comfortable with. It's easy to use, has all the features that I need and it can be personalised a little bit to accommodate for almost anybody.

Cons

The only con is that you have to pay for it, as opposed to GMail, Thunderbird, etc. But this is probably the piece of software I use the most and I spent most time with, so to me it's okay to pay for it.

Gmail and Thunderbird
Jon

Microsoft Outlook

Reviewed on 27/04/2022

Overall I am happy with the product and find it very helpful in my day to day work.

Pros

I have been using Outlook for Mac for over 10 years. The most recent updates to the product brought some nice features that I use regularly. One of my favorite is the snooze feature that allows me to move a message to the top of my inbox so I can take care of it the next day. I also like the ability to schedule my emails to send at a later time or date. The search feature in the Outlook desktop version has greatly improved from past versions and allows me to quickly locate old emails.
I also use the calendar and scheduling features quite a bit. The ability to check other people's schedules when setting a meeting is very helpful.
The focused inbox feature has also been a nice addition. This feature makes it easy to concentrate on business related emails and sends advertisements from companies to another inbox.

Cons

I really don't have any complaints about the Outlook Desktop version. On the mobile version, I have found that the search function does not always pull up all the information that I am looking for.

Rosie
  • Industry: Design

Our go to email App

Reviewed on 10/05/2022

Overall the experience is great and our go to for checking my business emails as well adding our clients admin emails for their websites so we can have it all work from one system to make it easier to stay on top of any website issues as well as any critical updates etc that need to be done.

Pros

Setting up server based emails is simple and easy on outlook and unlike Gmail, their fetch rate is faster. We also get to determine for ourselves as a business what goes to spam and what stays in the inbox. It allows us to be in charge. We like the integrations with other software we use like Zoom and Calendly. Also mobile access is a plus for when we are on the run. Integration with Hub Spot is also very useful. We also like that we have a booking system in place that will allow us to schedule our free appointments.

Cons

The online browser version is different from the App and this is annoying. Once you get accustomed to the computer App the online browser based version seems clunky and inefficient. It would be great if we could get stats on our emails as well as if it auto added or asked if would like to add contacts that we email several times.

• Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

An Integrated Email Solution

Reviewed on 12/02/2021

I have continued to learn more and more about how to be productive using Microsoft Outlook, which has been a huge help for my work day. I look forward to seeing the new features that they roll out in the future!

Pros

Microsoft Outlook is just another facet of Microsoft's office suite, and it's in good company. Outlook as an email client is reliable, straight-forward, and engaging. When viewed in the context of the Office suite (especially within Office 365), it is a powerhouse. It is deeply integrated with the variety of software from Microsoft, including video chat, file storage, and scheduling solutions. This creates a seemingly all-in-one solution that is an invaluable part of my work day.

Cons

Because of this variety of features and integrations, it can be a little intimidating to figure out what everything does. It takes a little toying around with, but you will eventually get the hang of it. Personally, I still struggle with occasional errant keystrokes that will Archive, or even Delete an email. I've learned to keep a close eye on the buttons I hit when in my Inbox (and on my emails, too!).

Wan

User-friendly

Reviewed on 03/11/2022

Overall, there isn't actually a problem so far just few features that can be improved. Microsoft Outlook has helped me so much in managing my schedules efficiently.

Pros

I like the two inboxes that is available (Focused and Other). This helps me to pay attention on keeping important emails in one place whereas other types of emails that I received everyday can be in the other mailbox. The calendar is accessible in the software and it is very easy to use to keep tracks on my monthly schedules . It is a breeze to invite people for online meetings and etc. Within the same organization, other colleagues can also have access to my calendar to see all my schedules. This is very convenient especially when setting up meetings and appointment as I can always check anytime without the need to ask the person involved all the time.

Cons

The search bar for emails in my opinion can be improved in order to be able to give a more precise search. It is quite tricky to have a precise search to what you are looking for either based on specific sender search or the subject of the email.

Matthew
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Has everything you need

Reviewed on 25/10/2022

Overall I have used Outlook for a few years and find it does everything I need and is pretty good to use. I have also created an add-in for Outlook, which was fairly easy to develop and install to my client.

Pros

It has all of the functionality that you want from an email client. Outlook is available on all platforms as well, making it easy to access your mail anywhere. The software is customizable, allowing add-ins and different customizations to be added.

Cons

The UI feels cramped and can be hard to look at depending on screen size. Time issues between platforms.

Best business email tool

Reviewed on 16/07/2022

I use MS Outlook as a part of Office 365 and I feel it is a powerful tool, it provides a lot of functionality and goes beyond just being an email tool with its integration with calendar, MS Teams, etc, it provides me with email alerts, categorizing my emails, reminders etc. As I am into quality assurance, I have also integrated it with Zephyr so it helps me in specifically tracking Zephyr emails which was not possible before.

Pros

I love how you can set up rules for emails in Outlook. This keeps my inbox sorted all the time, and I always know what emails I need to respond to first, making my work very efficient. It helps me search for an email quickly and have important contacts on top of my list. I also love getting reminded before a meeting so I could do a quick preparation for it before jumping in.

Cons

In addition to the desktop version, I also use the Outlook iOS app and I am not very impressed with it. It crashes sometimes and it is also slow so I mostly do not prefer and would not recommend it. Another thing that I do not like is if you have lost an email, retrieving it is very difficult.

Paolo

A great program for managing e-mail

Reviewed on 27/09/2022

A great email management program that has grown over the years but has remained fast and simple to use.

Pros

The program's features have become lighter over time: the search within the e-mail archive is instantaneous. So it is a program that has grown over the years having the ability to handle large amounts of archived emails.

Cons

In the management of replies, if these are transformed into text, the replies are not formatted correctly: even by setting, for example, ">" as a character that must be placed in front of the sender's text and included in the reply, there has always been a bug that in other programs such as Mozilla Thunderbird, this happens correctly, while in Microsoft Outlook html-to-text replies ignore this character. Therefore it is better to use external programs in the answers. In this regard, I myself have created a free program "Text Quoter - The Message Quoter" which for years has allowed me to remedy this defect. So I would suggest to MIcrosoft to fix this annoying bug.

• Customer Support Software

It's a vital tool for email sorting and organizing

Reviewed on 25/12/2021

Overall experience is that is very useful. I would recommend this to my friends or colleagues or family.

Pros

Filters/searches are fast. Sorts email in order of priority, having a "focused"and "other" classification makes it very easy to access important emails.

Cons

After a certain amount of emails, if you don't delete or clean your inbox, emails don't get sent and you get notices that say you're out of memory. It's confusing, but if you free up space you'll be ok, or if you buy more space.

Google Calendar

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Outlook

It was easier to use, more user friendly.