Verizon Connect

Fleet tracking intelligence

3.2 /5 (678 reviews) Write a Review!

Melanie B.

Not the greatest...

Reviewed on 25/03/2021

For the price you pay, it is not very user friendly. Your account manager or support person that is supposed to help and provide support along the way changes constantly and they cannot keep up with your needs.

Pros

Has lots of features and they promise you it will do anything you want it to.

Cons

Difficult to use and customer service and online training is not helpful.

Norma S.

Truck Tracking made easy

Reviewed on 07/06/2019

Like i said before very useful tool to help keep your workers from driving to fast or reckless.

Pros

its easy to use to locate a truck. I really like the feature where i can get directions to a truck it is such a useful tool.

Cons

i don't like that its so hard for me to pull a report from the data. I just want to be able to pull a spread sheet that will have the information in one place for each truck. like for it to read simple not have to look everywhere for it
For Example
DATE:, Trk #,Engine on:,Stop Time:,Idle Time:,Travel Time:,Distance(mile),Start/End Time,VIOLATIONS
6/1/19- 001 H M H M H M H M 101.1 H M 2 SPEEDING
6/2/19- 001 H M H M H M H M 101.1 H M 2 SPEEDING
6/3/19- 001 H M H M H M H M 101.1 H M 2 SPEEDING
6/4/19- 001 H M H M H M H M 101.1 H M 2 SPEEDING

Because right now i have to read the whole report look minute by minute to get to the end of the report for that information. I think this way would be way easier for me to get & pull the data i need. Plus i have to go through the replay to see if there were any speeding or braking violations with what the speed is with how fast the where going. Looking forward to maybe seeing this happen.

Frank P.

Fleetmatics Review

Reviewed on 07/06/2019

Running reports and actually navigating the website is easy. Unfortunately this product doesn't give us exactly what we are looking for when it comes to the Replay function. Which is very important to us.

Pros

I have tried other products and this one seems to be easy on the eyes. There are other products out there where their pages are too busy. Verixon Connect Reveal seems a little user friendly when navigating the website.

Cons

It does not do a good job following our drivers when it comes to the Replay function. You can set it between the "driver" or the "vehicle". With our business, many different drivers are in and out of our trucks in a single day. We can have 5 different drivers in just 1 truck. The Replay function doesn't do a good job following when our drivers are scanning in and driving the trucks. I wish I could see the Replay of a driver where it shows at 7am he scanned into Truck X and then scanned in to Truck Y at 9am. Then switched to Truck Z at 11am.

Glen G.

Customer Support SUCKS

Reviewed on 29/10/2019

If I could, I drop Verizon like a hot potato, I'll probably get a phone call after this, and promises will be made and just like most political promises NOTHING WILL BE DONE.

Pros

The product itself​ is not bad. It does not do everything they told me it would do, but it is functional, if and when you can get it installed properly and set up.

Cons

Everything from crappy installation, to getting the right equipment, to them shipping it to the wrong place. The installers stick things up with two-sided​ tape... the first hot day it all starts falling, long cables wrapped around other wiring bundles. Installing and leaving without​ knowing if it installed correctly and working, installing the wrong product. Showing up to do and installation only to find out they shipped the wrong parts.

Jane L.

Love Fleetmatics!

Reviewed on 05/07/2019

Verizon Connect Reveal makes it so that I don't have to constantly be on the phone with my drivers to find out their location or eta of different stops, with 15 routes out on the roads at any given time, that would be constant phone use! Now with just a click of the button, I can track every driver and know their exact location to the minute and how they are driving as well!

Pros

We use this software every day to keep track of our drivers and their location. We are currently looking into expanding our use of the system. We aren't even using the system to it's full capability as of yet, but, I can tell you that it suits our needs and its the best system that we have tried as of yet. It's user friendly and the customer support team is the best.

Cons

I wasn't in on the start of acquiring the software, so I haven't been able to get the time to learn how to do a few things, but that's my fault for not having the time!

Karen P.

Service- Supply and Demand

Reviewed on 01/07/2019

Talked with customer service several times., Finally had a tech out to repair units, wrong parts sent.
Two units were not working correctly for months.

Pros

The desk top software, the ease of using. All the office staff could use it easily

Cons

Service- Customer service -Repairs- A understanding of our business

Garrett S.

Fleetmatics REVEAL Review

Reviewed on 07/06/2019

customers questioning if the tech came to there property to service. also manage my techs throughout the day has been very helpful.

Pros

I like the fact that it gives so different break downs. speeding, hard breaking, etc. Also the fact that I can look back and see what a tech did in the past if a customer is questioning certain services. its fairly easy to move through the software on a desktop.

Cons

the mobile app on my phone is very difficult to go through history. at times the GPS isn't quite accurate in regards to the alerts. (personal experience, when I feel when I've been driving and had to slam on my breaks nothing came up) other times I would get an alert when I definitely feel there shouldn't have been one.

Whitey R.

Meets our Needs

Reviewed on 30/08/2018

Pros

Seamless tracking of precise fleet locations. Took all the stress out of monthly mileage reporting to ODOT -- set it up for reports to be automatically emailed to me at month-end.

Cons

The report center does not seem as user-friendly as it could be. The filter options can be a little confusing and it can be hard to find the report you're looking for (distance traveled is what you need for monthly mileage by truck). Customer service was extremely lacking -- it took months to get a response after the initial buy-in. At the time, we felt like no one cared after we signed the contract -- however, we now feel that we were likely just part of the flooded market and got lost in the shuffle during the ELD mandate -- the market was flooded at once with people desperate to stay compliant. We have not had any issues after all was setup, so we have not had a reason to contact them again.

Linda T.

A Valuable Tool

Reviewed on 19/06/2019

I have had no problems with Verizon Connect, it has been very reliable and accurate.

Pros

I like being able to check to see where my trucks are in real time. It also helps to verify true times on time sheets, as far as when a tech arrived or left a customer's house. I also like that it alerts me whenever their speed is an issue, or when they start and stop. The reports are handy to pull up over any period of time and can be printed up. It is easy to add trucks or any information.

Cons

I can't really think of any. It meets all of our needs.

Jamie D.

• Customer Support Software

Avoid this company at all cost

Reviewed on 18/08/2020

Horrendous. From the first day to today.

Pros

Very little good about this product when compared to the alternative products we use which are significantly cheaper and more robust

Cons

Lengthy list. In the past 6 months the following has happened.
1) tracker failed and it took them over 8 weeks to send us a replacement. When they tried to book the installation it took even longer. Comment from the rep was that they can’t get anyone to install their products for them. When they finally did have someone come out his comment was that we were lucky the vehicle ran at all considering the job the original installer from Verizon did.

2 our service representative sent out a mass email and “forgot” to blind copy everyone. I have since seen a significant increase in mail from people that shouldn’t have my email address. What do you expect when you share 685 peoples emails with random strangers.

3 I have asked several times to speak with a supervisor to address some of the concerns. That was a month ago. Still have yet to hear from them.

4 their new processing system has issues applying Payments. So when you do pay, they still dump you into their collections process with numerous threatening calls which are automated and require you to call them back.

5 When you do call them back, you will be on hold a minimum of 40 minutes and when they state they see the issue and how to resolve it, they still don’t resolve it resulting in continued calls

6 be very very careful of the cancellation terms. Even when you do follow it to the letter they may not process the cancellation.

Best recommendation is to use absolutely anyone else. Anyone else.

Absolute Nightmare!

Reviewed on 20/12/2019

AGAIN:
Ordering and receiving equipment from Verizon Connects team is an absolute nightmare, even if you already have equipment of theirs and are just needing to swap out to new ELD style, but ordering any equipment for new installs or swap outs is horrific. You can provide them with every bit of info and data you have and you will receive a call from a different person in a different state asking you the same questions over and over and it takes for ever just to get them to confirm what you need and get it out the door. It's almost like they are stalling because they do not have enough equipment. Once you get the equipment, you will find that 60-70% of the time, it is the wrong connections, etc. Like I said, absolute nightmare.

Pros

Once you manage to get the equipment, get it installed properly and train the drivers most can manage to use it. Basically, it may get you by. Technical Support staff, for doing box data swaps and activation teams are great, but actually getting to the point where you are ready to use them will have you ready to rip out all of the units and send it back and start new with someone else. That's why they lock you in to contracts, they know you will want to leave them ASAP.

Toni L.

• Customer Support Software

a little much for our small business but it generally works.

Reviewed on 09/06/2019

We do not use VCR to its full extent. Much of the software is suited to a different business model than ours since we don't do "routes" or long distance trucking. We've used the tracking software to make sure our drivers are where they are supposed to be in general. It keeps the owner of the business informed.

Pros

we can (sort of) find our drivers. We have used this software to deny unemployment benefits.

Cons

~the addresses are not exact, even our business has the wrong address...
~there is no way to assign a driver to different vehicles multiple times of day. i really need this.
~30 seconds is too much time to refresh when a driver is in a city and the office is trying to help our driver navigate.

Emily P.

New ELD's with Verizon Connect formerly Fleetmatics

Reviewed on 02/11/2018

I think it would be a lovely service once all the bugs are worked out of either the tablet or the connectivity.
There are an amazing amount of features available that are really cool and can come in handy. Although, I do hope they will get better so that our drivers can operate with them like they are intended.

Pros

I'm not quite sure if the issues that our company has had with the new ELD's is a software matter or rather with our hardware. The main issues our drivers have had are with status changing by itself. A good example, when a driver has changed status to off duty for 30 min, break, suddenly the status changes on its own back to driving or something. We've had several occasions where the drivers havent been able to use the ELD's due to either not being able to log in and get to the dashboard or the app just not refresing .

Cons

Sometimes it doesnt work properly and therefore drivers have had to run paper logs in the meantime
while we try and get it, our drivers have to

Chuck R.

• Customer Support Software

Verizon Connect good system Horrible Support!!!!

Reviewed on 25/06/2019

I Currently would not recommend this Company, software works, but support and followup is
beyond description.

Pros

System works well, no issues, functionality and ease of operation very satisfactory . But company does not support
operations. Support is a joke!!!!

Cons

Support, Support
This is a area that has become our biggest issue, First to overcome the incompetence of the installers
telling staff a time schedule as to when they would be there and not show up, trying to get support with issues and entering a Web of no support, no return phone calls and lack of knowledge to solve problems.

We are currently trying to get 2 new units equipment and have yet to receive equipment, no calls, no followup . Situation has gone on for weeks.

Jake G.

Extremely unfortunate

Reviewed on 16/08/2016

Pros

Mobile dispatching and in office changes to on-site technicians.

Cons

I was really excited to switch over to Verizon WORK. We use Verizon REVEAL for our fleet tracking and have loved the service so when the salesman talked to me about their work program it seemed like a great fit. Unfortunately this ended up being a horrible experience. It took them months to do the customer integration then when we got the program they somehow uploaded all active and in-active- inventory, items, services, customers. They sent me to a guy who tried to fix it but I ended up having an office person spend 2 weeks cleaning it up. We got it all squared away started scheduling work and dispatching technicians the first month we completed around 450 jobs. When we went to bill them the integrator into QB wouldn't work so we called the tech line multiple times and they tried to fix it the tech couldn't get it to work so he told us just to do the invoices manually. I had an office person go through all the job cards and create and re-write 450 invoices. The next month after it not working and spending a bunch of time on the phone with techs we finally got it to send the invoices to QB. Then I noticed it actually created all new line items but with the same name so when I pull a p/l report everything from Verizon WORK is now uncategorized income and it wont even let me fix it without deleting the invoice and creating a new one. So now I can see the income between the different crews. I could go on and on the bottom line is my interaction has not been pleasant. I called to cancel and they called me back and left a message saying they have denied my cancellation request.

John G.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

• Customer Support Software

Zero corporate ethics. READ THE SMALL PRINT.

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

In my opinion Verizon is an unethical.
Example in case, today December 19 they demand 14 months cancellation notice to end a contract in January 2021.
You could call it extortion through surreptitious means. Another 14 months money demanded after nearly 4 years of a contract. Demanding payment for a service for a service which will not be used through 2020 into 2021.
On the 6th of December 2019 I opened the tracking software to double check see which of our fleet was fitted with the Verizon tracker. Today the 11th of December 19, an email from (Sensitive Content Hidden). "oh I see you used the system" so you are tied with us to January 2021.

Really, I don't think so [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN].

Pros

At the time in 2016 Fleetmatics which is now called Verizon the company appeared to be one of the best options available.

Cons

We found alternative options that in our opinion were superior Verizon, that was in 2017. We paid for the alternative software and proceeded to compare the pros and cons of the two systems. Now TWO YEARS later we are still trying to cancel the contract with Verizon. Fill out this and that form, 60 days notice of cancellation, rolling contracts that tie to in for another year. Absolutely ridiculous practice, its might be considered theft by deceit.
TODAY 11TH OF DECEMBER 2019, email just from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] at Verizon informing me that they wont cancel the contract until January 2021.
This I have repeatedly informed them that don't want or use their software. We have not used the Fleetmatics - Verizon system in over a year and a half. Only half our fleet is tracked, its a redundant system to our company. I have tried both on the phone and by email to cancel the contract. The mistake I made is that I did not follow through at the time. You forget and only follow up a few months later when you see the debit charges still taken from the bank account.

Buyer beware, read the small print.

Bob L.
  • Industry: Chemicals

GPS Tracking Vs. ELD Usage

Reviewed on 07/06/2019

The account managers change every 6 months. The helpline seems to be routed to a call center and the normal response is "driver error". The reviews of the app and ELD program seem to be the same of poor design and lack of help.

Pros

The GPS functionality of this product works great. The live tracking of vehicles works great and the historical vehicle tracking is nice

Cons

The ELD funtions of the software are not user friendly. The App randomly switches from driving, to off duty or will not log off at all. This causes huge problems with keeping accurate logbooks for DOT purposes.

Kelly P.

Good ELD and Tracking option for Trucking Companies

Reviewed on 18/11/2018

Verizon Connect has helped our business get in compliance with the new FMCSA ELD mandate relatively easily. They completed the installation on site and we were able to implement the new ELDs quickly and easily. The software and back office all work well with one another.

Pros

Tracking option is excellent. ELD option is easy to use for drivers. The maintenance option helps our fleet stay on top of our preventive maintenance scheduling. IFTA reporting is done with just a few clicks of the mouse. Offers several reporting options to keep track of every aspect of your business.

Cons

Syncing with engine diagnostics fails sometimes. Having trouble with identifying unassigned miles. Editing options are difficult to do sometimes.

Dianna L.
  • Industry: Warehousing

My view on this Software

Reviewed on 10/02/2020

We know where are trucks are at if someone questions there location, you get that a lot in the trucking industry. Easy to navigate for our mechanics to do roadside service calls or any other person doing a roadside service call for us. We are able to tell them exactly where the truck is. (even being able to give them the mile marker number.)

Pros

It's accurate and easy to use for the computer literate people. It helps me report the daily activity of our drivers to the Officers of the company and project managers.

Cons

There is not much that I don't like about it.

Mark N.
  • Industry: Government Administration

Verizon Connect review request

Reviewed on 05/10/2018

Pros

Ability to track my equipment. We have GPS units in our motor graders, trucks and mowers. These are the vehicles that are involved in road maintenance and snow removal and are subject to complaints from drivers and roadside landowners.

We settled a lawsuit because we could not prove where our equipment was during the period preceeding a motor cycle accident. We can now account for where our equipment is at any time it is operating when a liability complaint is lodged against our department.

Cons

The map display sometimes doesn't show the names of our roads unless we zoom in closely. This has improved since we have started, but on our local road system, the name of the road still does not appear until we zoom in close. This is an annoyance, but not something we would consider switching products because of it.

Tracy H.

Managing Member

Reviewed on 27/08/2019

It worked very well and has lot's of features, it is more expensive than other comparable software options.

Pros

Keeping track of company vehicles and getting reports of hazardous driving habits. Also it helps track vehicle maintenance requirements.

Cons

It is more expensive than other GPS tracking software, that has the same features, and some have even more features.

George M.

Verizon Connect

Reviewed on 07/06/2019

Fair to good. Helpful in tracking our vehicles & drivers. The cost is somewhat high. Scheduling installations is still a nightmare & my co-workers want to get rid of the Verizon Connect products. I'm still neutral on that, as Verizon Connect Reveal suites my needs.

Pros

It's fairly easy to use. I like the total mileage reporting & fuel reports. They make my IFTA Fuel Tax reports simple!

Cons

Verizon has some self powered tracking devices that I can't get on my mobile phone. Due to this problem, I have allowed one of their competitors to devour their market share. The name of that company is GeoForce. They have you beat badly on your mobile tracking devices.

Jeremy I.

Connect Review

Reviewed on 18/06/2019

It took a while for them to understand what was needed and what this product is being used for. Things are getting better, but still have a ways to go.

Pros

I like the functionality of the map, going to a satellite view really helped me pinpoint where my drivers are.

Cons

It doesn't recognize that a new driver is in the truck, it doesn't force him/her to put in new credentials after every run. The equipment wears out often, and we have to replace units that were just installed.

Mikki J.
  • Industry: Government Administration

Awesomw Product

Reviewed on 18/06/2019

Pros

We are able to track drivers when customers call with a "you haven't been here in a month" complaint we can immediately pull up the data and tell them the time and dates drivers were there. Being able to track the fuel allows us to save money and that more than covers the price of the yearly contract!

Cons

So many features I feel I would never use them all but I guess that is a good thing

Montana H.

• Customer Support Software

GPS works great and so does the Fleet Service feature that allows us to track maintenance...

Reviewed on 20/06/2018

Pros

The interface is very functional. We now have 8 vehicles on GPS at all times, in our business many times you'll need to drop everything and find help. The GPS allows us to our closet tech in the area. The Geofences also allow us to see how often we visit our favorite vendors which has provided essential info on our decision to begin stocking inventory.

Cons

The alerts are pretty unclear when there is an incident. Our drivers tend to give a bit on push back on their weekly driving score. If there was a bit of definition behind "hard braking or "quick starts" I think that would go a long way.