Google Calendar

Web-based time management & calendar application

4.7 /5 (786 reviews) Write a Review!

Sabharish K.
  • Industry: Higher Education Software
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Simple and smart calendar that allows you to be more productive and efficient!

Reviewed on 08/11/2020

My overall experience with Google Calendars is still positive. It is what I use for my everyday tasks and event management. I guess it doesn't need to be all that complex and fancy. It serves a simple purpose in my opinion and serves it well. Gives me notifications and reminders at the right times. I love changing between the day/week/month views as well when I need it to either get a detailed view of a specific day or the snapshot for that month. It is free and I will continue using it as before but would love to see some more enhancements in the future.

Pros

The simplicity of use about this software is what I like most about it. Definitely the brand behind this software product is a well known one, Google. I love the compatibility across other Google Suite apps and the integrations available. I love when it reads appointments from my email and automatically schedules events and reminders using the same. I have made flight and hotel reservations in the past and Google Calendar has automatically put them on there for me which I find very valuable. It works with Google Assistant so I can also use voice commands to interact with my calendar. The functions are limited here but still useful. I love the ability to customize each event being able it give it a title, date and time, recurring series, reminders via notification or email, adding location, description and even attachments. I almost always make use of all of these fields as it helps me stay super organized.

Cons

The overall functionality is still limited compared to its counterparts like the Microsoft Outlook Calendar which offers a breadth of features. You can't set high or low priority events in Google Calendar. Neither can you create your own categories or labels and attach them to different types of events, tasks, notes or reminders. Sharing is also not very effective. I have tried to create events for my friends together and shared with them but unless they have a Google account, there are many compatibility issues. The time zone also is slightly inaccurate sometimes. It doesn't reflect it accurately nor does it make the needed updates.

Ron B.

Great for Organizations

Reviewed on 25/03/2021

Essential to my workflow and daily life at my job. Integrates easily with everyones calendars and allows me to plug in third party calendar apps that are slightly better into this so I can update more easily.

Pros

Google makes it easy to find open events for people's calendars. Need to schedule a meeting with someone? Add them to the meeting invite first and click "find available meeting times" -- instantly shown when you can meet. No back and forth meeting scheduling. In the virtual world, it allows Google Meet invites by default and have also allowed Zoom plugin to schedule meetings with links from the get go. You can publish a calendar to the web, great for publishing an organizations events in the platform you already use to schedule your day.

Cons

One big thing that I do not like, that I was excited about what the "meeting block" feature. You can let people schedule blocks of time on your calendar and say from 11am-12pm open up 15 minute blocks or whatever that someone can sign up to meet with me. This is great, in theory, until it DOES NOT block out those blocks if you do slate something there and will allow you to get doulbe booked. The logic behind that is beyond me, and has put me into scramble mode to reschedule a meeting someone signed up for because the site was not smart enough to see something else was already booked. Unfortunate and not like other services that will stop you from booking on conflicts.

Jason J.

Near perfect for Sharing Calendars at work, with family, or both.

Reviewed on 15/12/2018

Pros

Love the ability create additional calendars and share calendars with great administrative features. For example, everyone in my family has their own calendar, kids included. Setup their school events, sports on their own calendars, makes it easy to assign who is picking who up, who is attending what event, notes, if you get in the habit of always entering the place, or address, google will automatically sync to google maps or Waze (with permission of course) so you don't have to re-enter the address for driving directions.

Extremely customizable, with an endless amount of solutions.

Cons

There isn't much to not like about Google Calendars. If I had one criticism it would be of duplication Calendars & Holidays. I'd love to see some "smart filtering' meaning that if you already have Birthdays turned on in one of your calendars, if you have another calendar, or shared calendar with the same information it often shows up as a duplicate. In all fairness, its mostly a user setup issue, you can easily toggle off holidays or birthdays in calendars but there has to be google brainiac that could simplify the process.

Darina T.
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

• Customer Support Software

best friend to be on time

Reviewed on 05/02/2021

It is very useful and saving time SW. I like to be managed in two different calendars - privat and business, all is done indenpendently with respect to my privacy. I can not forget meeting, present for family or event in my job. I am reminded for presentation, for tasks, for calling to clients. The best friend that makes my life easier.

Pros

I use my phone and notebook for my job like my hands and brain. It is essential for my daily routine. So there is just one possible way to manage my tie - use google calendar. I divided it into two different - privat and business. In privat part there are my family and personal meetings, in business just my job. I got invitation for meeting or conference and it is recorded directly to my calendar - I do not have to do anything. Morning are all dates showed on my phone and notebook screen, 15 minut before event I get reminder. All is managed for me without me....

Cons

There is possible to record all important events into calendar, however I can not use link from calendar for conference, I have to use a link from email.

Anna H.
  • Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

• Customer Support Software

Great way to schedule multiple areas of your life!

Reviewed on 15/02/2017

I work as a self-employed jewelry designer and metalsmith, creating and selling my work online. I, like most people have family, activity groups, passive income and other areas I need to keep in balance. Being self employed means I have to run a tight ship with my time. I use Google Calendar to do this.

Pros

I love that I can sync my calendar with, TickTick, Airbnb, Meetup.com, Gmail, Facebook events, and share specific calendars with other people when working on projects.

Cons

Calendar sync issue because of all the Google bloatware on my phone and the updated to the latest Android system. Since the update, I can no longer actively use my SD card storage. I noticed I had very low internal memory very shortly after the update, but had lots of space on my SD card. My calendar refused to sync. As a result, I had to sacrifice a number of important apps to use my calendar again. I am taking off two stars for Google limiting Android users space options, as it makes all my apps run slower.

Jelena U.

Google has your back

Reviewed on 22/03/2021

Super happy.

Pros

Google account users tap their screens twice and this powerful tool snaps into place. For those who do not have a google account, it takes about 5. It's that easy.
What I like about it the best is the intuitive, user-driven initial setup which, for example, will set up a notification for your event 10min prior to it without you even thinking about it.
It merges all your account calendars in one place if you can't be bothered switching between your work and private calendars.
I guess there are gazillion options available via plugins and extensions I haven't been using, but if I needed anything I'd check the options with this calendar first. It's Google, we grew to expect the impossible from it.

Cons

The only thing I found faulty is the lack of the option to allow several people to book the same time slot with you.

Eliel B.

Your calendar by default

Reviewed on 09/02/2021

Good, but because the context forces you to use it. The normal functions of a digital calendar are easy to set up, the rest becomes more complicated. The lack of integration with Microsoft calendar annoys me. I use it because it's free.

Pros

The integration with other tools, especially with Google Meet. The notifications are okay too. The customizing options are wide, which means you can adapt your tools to your needs.

Cons

There is no integration with Microsoft calendar, I understand that both companies don't get along with their services, but when you are using Hotmail and you get a Google Calendar invitation you can't even confirm you are going to the meeting, the link takes you to a Google 404 page, ridiculous.
I think the customizing options are not distributed the right way, it makes it counterintuitive, quite hard to find the functionality that you are looking for.

Elizabeth B.
  • Industry: Government Relations

google calendar

Reviewed on 10/02/2021

I like that I can invite others to events and the platform integrates well with other platforms such as evite and adding events your calendar. There are so many benefits to using google calendar such as not losing the entries like you would if your were using a work email address and that email address was shut off. Also, the calendar allows you color code and tag entires which is very helpful to keep organized.

Pros

Google calendar is so easy to use and I love features such as adding events, reminders, tasks and being able to set recurring reminders and events. Google calendar seamlessly is shared across multiple platforms such as desktop computer to mobile phone which makes its easy to keep track of your calendar on the go. it even works with Alexa!

Cons

I had a few issues with information I added to my app syncing with computer but that few and far between.

D'ana G.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

• Customer Support Software

Google Calendar helps keep me organized.

Reviewed on 07/06/2017

Pretty sure I put every event in Google Calendar. I LOVE having it all in one place and on every device perfectly in sync. Making sure I know what is going on and when is very important for my sanity, my business and my family, I love how easy Google Calendar makes it.

Pros

You can link multiple calendars with ease and viewing other's calendars they have shared with you is super simple too. I also like that you can color-code events to match up with whatever your organizational method is, which makes it easy to keep track of what event is for what project/person/effort.

Cons

Sometimes events that cross time zones get a little wonky and since I work with people all over the globe, that gets a little annoying. But generally that is easily fixed with a convo and some setting changes.

Austin J.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Keeps me organized with all my meetings!

Reviewed on 01/08/2018

Pros

Google calendar is very easy to use, and is a life saver in the business world! You can set up all of your meetings, calls, and other business dates all in one place. These events show up on your calendar, and you can set up reminders to tell you about the events. You can change the reminders to remind you same day, the day before, or anytime you would like. You can create Google Calendar events, and invite people to the event, and it syncs with their calendar! The reminders pop up on my iphone and iwatch when I log into my gmail account on my iphone.

Cons

The only bad thing about Google Calendar is you need a gmail account to use. If someone you are trying to invite to an event does not have a gmail, this will not work. Everyone at my work uses gmail, so this is not a problem!

Nazlin M.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Google Calendar - A Real digital Diary with latest technology

Reviewed on 24/12/2020

As a Google Calendar user for more than 11 years, Without hesitating I recommend to anyone who wants to manage his/her schedules professionally. It can be used to set a reminder for the planned works and any appointment can be planned on to Google Calendar.

Pros

I use Google Calendar's features regularly. 1. My Daybook register is Google Calendar - I register whatever I spend or receive at the office, home or on the road. 2. My DIARY - I enter all my events from morning to night so that I don't forget any important matters. 3. My Alarm - All my schedules are on Google Calendar and will remind me on time or as my request. 4. Gmail integration - I set schedules for email sending by Google Calendar.

Cons

As a savvy organizer and on time official, I don't perceive any cons in Google Calendar

Best Calendar & Reminder App

Reviewed on 25/04/2020

My experience with Google Calendar is satisfactory and I have been using this for over 7 years for all my reminders and calendar invites.

Pros

The best feature of Google Calendar is its integration. It seamlessly integrates with other calendars and automation CRMS that most of the standalone software providers do not allow.

Cons

Google Calendar is still in its basic form and it can actually evolve into a meeting scheduler or booking app itself. I think that feature is lacking.

Easy and Convenient

Reviewed on 13/09/2020

It's hard to juggle so many things to keep track of. Google Calendar is great for planning formal and informal meetings, but also for keeping track of things you need to do yourself.

Pros

It's extremely easy to use and it's wonderful for planning meetings. Especially now that most of us are working from home, we can add a google meet or zoom link right in the meeting invitation and ensure everyone knows when these events are. It's also easy to integrate with other apps and to bring in someone else's calendar.

Cons

It would be nice if there was a way to check people's availability before scheduling a meeting. Too often, you can send out a meeting invite only to find that someone can't make it, but others have already responded yes.

• Industry: Banking

• Customer Support Software

Organized and easy to use calendar

Reviewed on 13/12/2020

Overall, I really enjoy using Google calendar. It has increased productivity, made me organized, and has kept me on track for my work day.

Pros

The user interface is very easy to understand and use. My favorite features are: inviting others to events, adding alerts to notify you of upcoming events, creating multiple calendars for different projects. It also really great because you can share a calendar with everyone in your group working on that particular project. I also love that they have recently added a dark them option!

Cons

I don't like the way some event are automatically created if I click a time slot and click out. It will automatically create a new event and I'll have to delete it.

Mateusz Z.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Clean, accessible, the best on the market!

Reviewed on 31/07/2019

Pros

I'm using Google Calendar both on my smartphone and laptop - it's working as a charm. Really easy to work with, setup meetings etc. The design is really nice, everything looks as it should with a calendar App - organized and clean.
I have my Google Calendar integrated with Slack and Trello - it was really simple to do that.
Notifications are fully customisable - so you can rest assure that you won't miss anything important if you will setup this properly (which again - is really easy/intuitive).

Cons

I didn't have any issues whatsoever with this software - but if anything I'd say there should be an option to fully customise layout.

Don W.

Google Calendar

Reviewed on 07/04/2021

I use it daily to keep track of appointments, upcoming events, group meetings, zoom calls, etc. An absolute necessity!

Pros

Automated links to events, automatic reminder system, ease of use, clear and obvious user interface, ability to set recurring appointments, ability to import and export events. This is an excellent calendaring system which integrates beautifully with other parts of Windows and, helpfully, with Zoom events.

Cons

It would be nice if this product were easier to use on my smartphone; a lot of scrolling is necessary. However, apart from that, I can find nothing to criticize. Of course, it's possible to get more features, but only at a much higher price.

A basic calendar that I can access easily

Reviewed on 04/02/2020

Overall, a fairly standard online calendar that I use because we use Gmail at work. Nothing to rave about, but nothing negative to say either.

Pros

You cannot go wrong with the Google Calendar. As I use Gmail at work, I naturally have gravitated towards using Google Calendar. It's easy to add events to, integrates well with our meeting software so we can easily add meeting links to calendar invites and it gives the entire office an overview as to what everyone has on their plate.

Cons

There's not a lot to dislike. I guess sometimes implementing basic changes (like adding an additional timezone) can be complicated for someone who isn't completely clued up on Google.

Seon T.

Keep your task in focus

Reviewed on 23/11/2020

Tine and time again I have seen Google Calendar assist in increasing my productivity by helping me stay on top of my schedule. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to be more productive.

Pros

Recently I am realizing that I am reliant on Google Calendar even more through this pandemic as a teacher. All my class are now online and I have to ensure that I manage my schedule correctly. Google Calendar is the best tool for such a job. I love how it integrates with software like Zoom.

Cons

The features are really robust as as a result the learning curve can be a bit steep. To get the full use and functionality out of it you need to really understand how it works.

Karen E.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Love Google Calendar!!!!

Reviewed on 27/09/2020

ThIs software stores all my attorney's calendar dates, urgent for all calendar dates in the legal field. This calendar is so easy and practical to use especially for those who need to keep a close eye on upcoming dates. I recommend this calendar to all and actually utilize this calendar for my personal day to day activities.

Pros

All features are all beneficial. This calendar is so easy to utilize in all aspects and this calendat makes all integration concerning all existing business transactions so much easier.

Cons

Nothing… I love all features as this calendar is so easy to use and is a must have!! I have been using this calendar for many years and will continue to do so.

Lauren H.

Like a Personal Assistant!

Reviewed on 24/03/2021

It has been positive! It makes keeping track of meetings and events easy, and I can see when my coworkers are availabe.

Pros

I love how Google Calendar is always accessible. I don't have to carry around a notebook, but can access my calendar from my laptop and phone wherever I am. The site is straightforward to use, and I like how I can color code each event. This makes it easy to keep track of certain work meetings and responsibilities I have.

Cons

Honestly, there is not much I have found that I dislike about the software. I do not use the notifications, so it can be tedious to have to shut them off for each event I create.

Bartosz B.

Easy to use with fantastic new design and UX from February 2018

Reviewed on 09/03/2018

Pros

I'm using Google Calendar for many activities in my life, both personal and professional. I'm a fan of the new design introduced in 2018. Very easy to add, edit events as well as add other people to your event and send them invitations. The possibility to set many reminders is also very cool feature.

New view for Month and Year are fantastic as I can select a specific day from one screen and see what I'm doing that day.

Cons

Events fold on themselves when they're short and there is many of them (e.g. because you have 2/3/4/5 calendars open at one time). It's probably very hard to change but that's the only con I really see.

Suman suhas H.
  • Industry: Computer Hardware
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Simple no ad calendar

Reviewed on 11/01/2021

Had a very positive experience so far and have been using it for more than 7 years now. No serious complaints. Includes all required features.

Pros

It comes with the every android OS and doesn't need to be installed. Automatically syncs contact details (like birthdays) on to calendars and tracks old locations to mark important holidays even when you move countries.

Very robust and simple UI design like any other Google product.

Cons

I have noticed a few dates sometimes vanish from the calendar for no reason. Not sure if it's calendar fault or something in the OS. That's the only downside I have noticed otherwise it is robust.

Bartłomiej B.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

You won't forget a thing!

Reviewed on 13/02/2019

Pros

Clean, simple and integrated with all of your Google devices and apps. If you're a Google family products user, there is no better calendar app. Google Calendar helps making an every day plan, remember about meetings and important events in your life. Enables a lot of Works great with Google Assistant! Accessible via the web browser or the dedicated app.

Cons

There could be more options available for the events customisation, like adding files. Maybe integration with 3rd party apps could be better. Occupied people attending other meetings on the same time shouldn't be available to be added for a meeting.

Christian E.

Google Calendar Syncs My Life

Reviewed on 29/08/2018

Pros

It's easy and intuitive. I can easily share with others and during that busy time, it's easy for me to "un-see" others activities to focus on my own. The sync between desktop and mobile app is great. Works very well. I particularly like to color code.

Cons

I'm sure there are some interesting features that could be used but the simplicity is pretty great. Some reminders or smart tech would be nice as well as a way to measure how well I'm doing. Google could identify meetings and ask "how did the meeting go?" or a to-do block of time and ask "did you accomplish what you wanted in that hour?"

Jordi G.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

It's a good app to use as an agenda

Reviewed on 19/02/2019

Pros

The best thing about google calendar is that it can be synchronized with your Google account and allows you to access it from any device. It allows you to add reminders, events or any type of event. It can be set for a specific date, for a specific hour or for a whole day. Each event can have a different color and thus it is not confused. It also has an app for the phone that allows you to view your entire calendar.

Cons

It is a little complicated to edit an event that already exists and is repeated for days. Sometimes duplicates events. Reminders could be improved.