Google Calendar

4.8 (2,668)
Web-based time management & calendar application

(2,668)
4.8/5
4.7/5
4.7/5
Customer Support Software
4.4/5

Barry

• Customer Support Software

The simplest and the best calendar application for startups and SMEs

Reviewed on 07/10/2022

Other than a few minor integration issues with external meeting software, Google Meet is one of the best calendars out there. It is simple to use, extremely intuitive, and works well with other Google products.

Pros

It is simple and intuitive. Works exceptionally well within all of Google's ecosystems.

Cons

The interface can be a bit cleaner, it gets too confusing if you're linking a booking with an eternal meeting software, especially Teams although this might be more to do with Teams than Google.

Ari
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Best overall value out there!

Reviewed on 07/10/2022

I've used several calendar clients and Google's own is still the most efficient and the one that doesn't give me headaches with syncing or any other thing.
The possibility to create reminders and tasks is amazing too, very few if any, have that integration with events and reminders/tasks. It's great.

Pros

Simple interface, important features all present, easy to schedule any event, great syncing and the possibility to create reminders and/or tasks is a deal breaker.

Cons

The UI needs some refinement and a much needed update. That's all, everything else is great.

Fantastical

Reasons for Choosing Google Calendar

It's free and more effective!

Fantastical

Reasons for Switching to Google Calendar

It's a much better value than the competition.
Naomi
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Does a clunky job

Reviewed on 21/10/2022

It does the job but not as seamlessly as I would like.

Pros

My calendar looks good and it is easy to see my week at a glance. It is also to see my colleagues calendars which makes it easier to find times for meetings.

Cons

It feels clunky when I add a new meeting and isn’t clearly laid out. If I need to make an edit to a meeting I often have to go back in a couple of times because I have done something wrong.

Jill

Amazing Calendar and Scheduling Software - Highly Recommend!

Reviewed on 07/09/2022

Google Calendar replaced our outdated paper calendar system years ago, and we've been happy users both personally and professionally for over 15 years. I highly recommend Google Calendar to other users, especially Outlook folks who are still stuck accessing their calendar from desktop machines only. It's time to make the switch.

Pros

Google Calendar is our company's go-to calendar software, and my personal as well. From visibility of scheduling, to integrating with other calendars, to sharing and scheduling events together, Google Calendar is top notch. I personally integrate my business and personal calendars on the same view, and use the reminders feature as a running to-do list of all I need to accomplish in running both my personal and professional life. I can integrate/share calendars with my employees or family. I can also import and export calendars from other applications, such as our reservation system, which is really helpful for our staff.

Cons

I have no complaints at all - just the irony of having too many events on my calendar, but I'm very grateful that Google is able to track and maintain my complicated life for me.

Craig
  • Industry: Automotive

Google Calender Review

Reviewed on 20/10/2022

Excellent, again I use it everyday its a lifesaver !!

Pros

Very easy to use, keeps me on track and able to share daily events with my family

Cons

nothing , again very esy to use and helps me day to day to stay on track

ClickUp

Reasons for Choosing Google Calendar

Much more user friendly and alot more options in my opinon

Again ease of use
  • Industry: Furniture

No 1 Calendar and Easy Scheduling Software

Reviewed on 06/10/2022

It replaced my companies all hassles regarding the schedules and meetings, It reminds me for my important events before hand.

Pros

Google Calendar is my go to software for personally and professionally. Life would be very hard without Google Calendar. Most of the features are free of cost. All my colleagues and family members rely on Google Calendar for daily scheduling. The reminders and the notifications are a great way to track all of schedules. It's super useful for my flights i can easily import my schedules from airlines. The sharing feature is great so i can share my business schedule, birthday and anniversary reminders.

Cons

I never faced any problem using the Google Calendar, in fact it's helpful for my daily life and business plans. i would highly recommend the Google Calendar software

Ridwan
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

The best calendar app that lets you jump to online meeting instantly

Reviewed on 25/10/2022

Pros

This is one of my favorite products from Google. I never felt so powerful with any other calendar app. It helps me manage tasks, set events, reminders, Out of Office everything. The option for jumping into Google Meet is very convenient which is absent in other apps.

Cons

Only gripe I have about Google Calendar is, it doesn't let me see my tasks and reminders when I am offline.

David
  • Industry: Law Practice

Very Impressed

Reviewed on 07/10/2022

Pros

I like that it is very easy to use and that I can automatically add events to my calendar simply by accepting a meeting request from the sender. Also, I like the new feature, where it allows you to see when people cancel their meetings.

Cons

Nothing, I like the calendar a lot and I wouldn't change anything.

I love Google Calendar

Reviewed on 06/10/2022

Pros

It's easy to schedule and I can integrate with multiple platforms, such as: Greenhouse, Calendly, and Zoom. I can also easily add different time zones and schedule things for my team. One of the best calendars I have ever used. Highly recommended!!

Cons

Nothing that I can think of. I really like using Google calendar.

Jaime Valeriano

A Review about Google Calendar on a Perspective of an University Education Student

Reviewed on 22/10/2022

Overall, what I like about Google Calendar is how it is effective and efficient to make everybody's life easier on other Google applications such as Google Classroom and Google Meet. As an education student, it never fails me as I never experience having difficulty in my University Student Life. The only problem is I can't check further details on the calendar when I am offline, yet I am still online as our school has wifi for everyone, our home has fiber wifi, and I always have my data internet connection on my phone.

Pros

What I like the most about Google Calendar is that is can be integrate with different Google Applications that makes my every day life easier. Like for example, as a student, whenever I have deadlines in out Google Classroom, it is in sync so I see the due dates on my Calendar which helps me to keep on track and avoid procastination. Also, since I am using my school email, whenever we are enrolled in certain subjects, there are times that we suddenly see all over the calendar the specific dates and time about the classes that we need to attend both synchronously and asynchronously.It is also easy to use because honestly there is not one that thought me how to use it, and I do not see any difficulty on how to maximize it. I just explore it by myself and see its wonderful features. Until now, I am amazed.

Cons

I think what I least like about the Google Calendar is that sometimes whenever I am offline (not connected to the internet). I am not able to see the important details about certain events. That is why it is very important to be connected to internet every time. Although it is not a problem to me because we have internet fiber connection at home and I am always have data connection, there are times of emergency that internet is not accessible.

Grace

Absolutely essential!!

Reviewed on 13/09/2022

A free, lightweight, clever Google app that can be used as one of the ultimate organization / productivity tools

Pros

It's free, and it gets better and better. There's lots of clever functionalities included. I am 100% dependent on Calendar + Calendly to keep my life organized.

The Google Calendar app on Android allows easy one-glance viewing across multiple Google account calendars as well as multiple calendars associated with a single Google account.

Cons

The vulnerability of having all Google apps and accounts linked, and possible privacy issues at having your whole life on Google apps. It's both useful and rather creepy how events are plucked from Gmail and added automatically to my calendar.

Wish the Android app has text formatting options like bold/bullets etc for the event description, similar to the desktop version. It's fine if that's a low priority but I really dislike that the text formatting done in desktop is removed if the event is edited on the phone app.

Also wish it has a more refined way to auto accept/decline event invitations by default based on the sender.

That said, I'd say these cons knock off just 1 point out of 100 points I'd award Google Calendar.

Archana

• Customer Support Software

You need this calendar RIGHT NOW!

Reviewed on 10/09/2022

Pros

Prior to using this calendar, I was using a regular calendar which made scheduling so difficult. I never knew if something conflicted with something else unless I went back and checked the times which was a time intensive process. I also tended to forget about events because there were no reminders or maybe one the day before. When I switched to google calendar my life became so much more easier. I was able to schedule, check availability, and set reminders all in one place with such ease. As a student and worker I don't have a lot of time on my hands and google calendar allows me to save as much time as possible without have to scour around to check my schedule to make plans, etc. Overall I love using my google calendar and love how its free to use! There were many instances during calls and meetings where I would have to quickly jot down times for events and my calendar would be right there and I would be able to quickly write up a title and set the date/time for the event without having to divert too much from the call or meeting.

Cons

There isn't much I dislike about it and I am very happy with the software. The only thing I wish I was able to do was customize it more to my liking. For example, being able to put quick notes to myself - even if it isn't in regards to a particular meeting/event. A place to jot down my thoughts and ideas - sort of like a bullet journal. This may be too much to ask for and I am very happy with the services provided.

Chris
  • Industry: Animation
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

A simple system for a complex world

Reviewed on 12/09/2022

I have transitioned from just using Google Calendar for work to using it to organise my out-of-work life, coordinating events with my wife and daughter. Can't say there's many in-work systems that prove quite so useful, but this is definitely one.

Pros

Google Calendar looks good. As a system I spend a significant portion of each day looking at it's nice to see a wonderfully clean looking UI. Even when the calendar is busy it doesn't look insurmountably dense.
Using the system is easy, with many intuitive features built in. For example, if I have selected to see certain colleagues availabilities, it will automatically add them to the guest list when I select to schedule a meeting. It also remembers those colleagues and groups of colleagues I meet with most regularly and moves them to the top of my suggestions list.
The options for different calendar events such as meetings, deadlines, out of office and focus time add a level of detail that is useful without being cumbersome. There is also the option to colour code and label meetings, making the schedule even more decipherable at a glance.
The integration of meeting options into email alerts is one of the best features. When I receive a meeting invitation I can confirm or decline attendance within the email itself rather than having to go looking for it in the Calendar itself.

Cons

A lot of the features I would have suggested (labelling meetings, colour coding) have been added over the time I've been using the software. Whilst there will always be features that can be added, there is little in the way of drawbacks with it as it stands to mention.

Ernesto
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Is there any other way?

Reviewed on 24/05/2022

I have used Google Calendar since the beginning and have found it extremely reliable and useful for both my personal and professional needs. I use it daily and have no doubts I will continue using it for both for years to come.

Pros

My team and I all use Android Smartphones and Chromebook laptops and there is absolute perfect integration between them all using Google Calendar. We use to schedule meetings, to set reminders, to set deadlines and to keep in contact with our customers.

Cons

We really cant see any negatives using Google Calendar as it suits all of our calendar management needs.

Its free and you cant beat the integration with Googles' Android Devices

Reasons for Switching to Google Calendar

Google is free and is built into all Android and Chromebook devices I and my team use.
Willem Galen
  • Industry: Law Practice

• Customer Support Software

Google Calendar is Easy to Use and Increases productivity.

Reviewed on 23/05/2022

The sync means two separate calendars are referenced. This is ensures we don't miss a deadline for an event or for a task. Tasks are assignable. Every team member can see the task. Tasks from google calendar are synced to our practice mgt software. Events and tasks flow both ways via sync. If the event or task is created in practice mgt software or in google calendar it shows up on both platforms. The ability to easily provide the zoom or google meet invite and the fact that google calendar prompts me to send it ensures we communicate effectively with clients and potential clients.

Pros

The best thing about google calendar is its ease of use. For example if you add an event you are prompted to invite others. Reminders for events are customizable. It syncs with our practice mgt software for our law firm.

Cons

I have two google accounts. For some reason my personal google calendar is the default (I believe this is because the personal google email is primary account) I have to toggle between them. I am sure there is a way to make business calendar the primary calendar. Just haven't figured it out yet.

Leng

• Customer Support Software

Still loving Google Calendar!

Reviewed on 13/05/2022

My overall experience is awesome! I try to use all the capabilities and features that comes with calendar. I code all my calendars with different colors, I use all the fields when creating events that might help me remember details of what I need to do.

Pros

In general I am a big fan of Google accounts and all the products that come with them. I love how Google Calendar help me stay organized for my private and professional life. I like the fact that I can have different calendars and turn them off an on whenever I need. I like the reminders and how they can be customized. The flexibility of giving access to different people and also a different role. So many things that I love, but I cannot left out the fact that both the mobile app and the computer one are both easy to deploy, manage and check.

Cons

I don't have many complaints about it. Something that bother me though s when I am scheduling an event and sometimes I have some trouble for Google calendar to automatically recognize email addresses that I use frequently. I don't know why this happens, it's not all the time, but it's annoying to be looking for those email addresses in my gmail.

Jeanette

Google Calendar is easy peasy!

Reviewed on 12/05/2022

EXCELLENT! Google Calendar syncs across all my devices: laptop, Google Pixel smart phone, Google Home - I can ask the Google Assistant what's happening next and it will share my schedule with me!

Pros

I have the free version for my personal calendar and the paid Google Workspace version for my business with HIPAA compliance. I love that I can sync both calendars and that my HIPAA compliant appointments show up as "busy" on my personal calendar. I also love that both my personal and business calendars sync with my Go Highlevel marketing calendar and EMR so that clients can't double-book their appointments when they schedule online. Appointment reminders keep me moving from appointment to appointment without delay. Google Tasks allows me to prioritize my To-Do list to help me stay the most productive. Another great feature is that you can color-code appointment types and tasks to see at a glance what is happening with your schedule for any given day.

Cons

I've been using Google calendar for a long time. I do remember that it was a bit non-user-friendly when figuring out tasks at first. I believe there have been several updates and I am very used to the program now. As with anything, there is always a learning curve when trying something new.

Maribel

Remembering with Google Calendar

Reviewed on 25/04/2022

Google Calendar has assisted me with remaining incredibly coordinated in all areas of my life.
It is easy to utilize and outwardly engaging. This instrument makes it simple to organize gatherings with colleagues, plan occasions, and even add errands for every day.
I will keep on utilizing this apparatus both for expert and individual association.
I love that an off site getting unites the guide as it's image, or now and again a genuine image of the area.
I use Google Calendar for individual and business utilizes.

Pros

Google has made it so natural to oversee even the most active schedules.
The offer element permits numerous individuals to have concurrent access, which is helpful now much more than before with colleagues working from an assortment of areas.
Changes to the schedule are done continuously, so next to zero postponement in is having the option to plan and affirm arrangements.
It permits me to set up numerous different schedules on similar records.
With this element, we have had the option to set up altered schedules for each common task, which permits us to just impart them to individuals from those groups.
We are accordingly ready to follow the action of all colleagues cooperating on those activities.
It is essentially the simplest to utilize project the executives instrument.

Cons

There isn't a lot dislike about Google Calendars.
On the off chance that I had one analysis it would be of duplication Calendars and Holidays.
I'd very much want to see some "shrewd sifting' actually intending that assuming you as of now have Birthdays turned on in one of your schedules, on the off chance that you have another schedule, or imparted schedule to a similar data it frequently appears as a copy.
In all decency, its generally a client arrangement issue, you can undoubtedly flip off occasions or birthday events in schedules yet there must be google brainiac that could work on the interaction.

Calendly

Reasons for Switching to Google Calendar

To test the functionalities of the other options
Amanda

Aesthetically Pleasing Planning and Scheduling Software

Reviewed on 22/01/2022

I'm planning my days and my businesses easier. This has had the effect of making my businesses more efficient and run more smoothly.

Pros

Google Calendar has a new feature that allows you to reach a desired goal by allowing you to do day-to-day tasks in furtheration of your ultimate goal. This goal can be learning to code and losing weight. This is by far the best Innovation by Google Calendar. It really seems to take into account my peak points and to schedule time that will help me to achieve my goal at those ideal moments. In Google Calendar, scheduling runs smoothly and efficiently. Tasks and events can be easily scheduled in advance. I like how you can share your upcoming events with friends. The best part is that shared links are automatically synced with your friends' Google Calendars. This allows us to send them notifications when events are taking place. This is a very important feature of the app in my opinion. I like how you can schedule pretty much anything and everything ahead of time. I like how the app provides a general overview of the month and year ahead. The best part is that you can plan everything down to the last detail.The app allows you to schedule the hour up to a year in advance. I like how the app simplifies the scheduling process. It assists you in staying organized and focused for the time frame that you have set. I like that you can create whatever type of schedule you want. Overall I love that the app is aesthetically pleasing and that it's very quick and easy to use. The app is easy to navigate and it helps you to achieve your goals and to stay focused overall.

Cons

The sound should be much louder, and the notifications should be more prominent. To ensure that I see my reminders on time, notifications should be designed to be more schedule-stopping. Because of the weak structure and quiet nature of this app's reminders, they are easily overlooked.

Edgar
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Stay up to Date with Google

Reviewed on 11/01/2022

Thanks to Google Calendar, I have been on top of all of my personal, social, and work events, appointments, and emails. Google's integration and synchronization will keep me a loyal user for years to come. I have been so for 13 years and plan to double this, easily.

Pros

I first started using Google Calendar at the age of 12. Being 25 now it has made scheduling, remembering, and managing multiple schedules effortless. The synchronization and integration across multiple Google platforms have been my favorite.

Cons

A major disadvantage is Google's customer support. I ran into an issue where my account was accessed elsewhere without my knowledge. Al of my data, photos, accounts were accessed, altered, and deleted. I sought Google's help for months. Not only did they take months to reach out to me, but they were also no help whatsoever in the end.

iCloud

Reasons for Choosing Google Calendar

At the time of the switch, Google seemed to be the leading brand. That was 13 years ago. I am glad I made the switch. It has been superior by far.

Reasons for Switching to Google Calendar

iCloud's synchronization has let me down on multiple occasions. I have yet to experience any similar issues using Google.
Farrah-Marie
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Single calendar for all your needs

Reviewed on 03/12/2021

Google Calendar has changed the way we do business in our office and across our organization. This has helped us to increase efficiency in planning and improved how comfortable employees are with technology. Even those who were late adopters (because of resistance to integration of technology) have found Google Calendar easy to use and helpful in managing different parts of their work flow.

Pros

Google has made it so easy to manage even the busiest calendars. The share feature allows multiple people to have simultaneous access, which is convenient now even more than before with team members working from a variety of locations. Changes to the calendar are done in real time, so there is little to no delay in being able to schedule and confirm appointments. With so many videoconferencing meetings nowadays, the ability to invite multiple people via Google Calendar makes it easy for the scheduler, but also easy for the recipients who see it on their calendar and can visually see if there are any conflicts before deciding to accept or decline the invite. The description and location fields within the calendar provide additional details to all be in a single invite, so no more frantically looking through emails for sign-on information.

Cons

I appreciate the colors to differentiate between the various types of appointments. It would be great if users had the ability to color code based on their distinct needs, which aren't always linked to the type of appointment category they fall in.

Calendly

Reasons for Switching to Google Calendar

Our organization already uses other Google products, so it made sense to stick with the Google suite of products. Additionally, Google provides flexibility to bring in appointments from a variety of platforms that Calendly didn't offer at the time we were researching and evaluating different products.
Megan
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Used by everyone for a reason

Reviewed on 17/11/2021

Pros

I'm sure some people use MS calendar, but why would they? Google Calendar is so much easier, and does all the work for you. Plus, everyone has much better access to Google Calendar from what I've experienced. You can share Google Calendars with people who don't have a Gmail account, so that's great. You can have multiple calendars with multiple administration levels, you can hide or show different calendars at a time, you can color-coordinate your calendar, and it even has cute little background images when you use the phone app. The app works great--just as well, if not better than the online version. I like that I can sync it with multiple different calendar apps too, and I can share my calendar with other people. It's also way better at syncing to your time zone than other online calendar apps I've used. That's a huge perk too. The tasks feature on it works really well too. I use it to give me reminders on things I need to do monthly, or even to make a to do list sometimes.

Cons

There really isn't much I would improve with Google Calendar. For some reason, Google just really has this figured out. They're not perfect on everything, but the Calendar is pretty darn close.

Raj
  • Industry: Mining & Metals
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Organize your life with schedules and reminders

Reviewed on 23/09/2021

There is so much you can do with Google calendar to organize your life. You will never forget important dates and will be more efficient. Invest some time to set reminders or tweak a few settings, and you are good to go with this powerful and easy-to-use tool.

Pros

1. You can create endless reminders and schedules hourly, daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly with a high degree of flexibility.
2. Different calendar views are available: detailed, overviews, Lists. You can customize your schedules and create reminders for important dates and times.
3. You can add color-coded multiple calendars, including work, personal, holidays, tasks, due dates, or whatever catches your imagination.
4. You can even include calendars shared by your friends and colleagues to manage your schedules and appointments effectively.
5. The search option lets you pinpoint any item and edit, delete, or modify it.
6. You can create events and invite guests from within Google calendar.
7. There are so many Add-ons available on the Google marketplace to make your life more efficient and organized.
8. In the settings tab, you can make so many adjustments to suit your preferences.
9. There is also a mobile app available to users for managing their schedules, tasks, reminders, and events on the go.
10. You get notifications for events by SMS or messages or pop-ups.

Cons

1. Too many entries may clutter and disorganize everything.
2. There are privacy issues as you reveal too much about your personal and work life.
3. It takes time to learn so many settings and options and get used to the new interface.

Ronny

An Any-Business-Must-Have Calendar

Reviewed on 27/07/2021

Google Calendar has almost always been my go-to calendar for years for personal events, and it quickly became a crucial part of my business as well as some of the business that I've worked at. The fact that you can easily sync between devices (mobile and desktop devices) makes it golden.

Pros

Google Calendar can be completely free to use, or can come with their pay-for plans including Google Workspace. It's very quick, syncs faster than most Microsoft Exchange systems, and is very versatile whereas it works on Android devices, iOS devices, and more.

Cons

It can get a little overwhelming when it comes to finding certain features for each calendar entry. When you create a calendar entry, there are some options for the entry that are hidden by default. This is in both the Quick Entry mode as well as in the calendar entry itself.

Calendly and Microsoft 365

Reasons for Choosing Google Calendar

After using it for personal use and seeing what was being used in the commercial market (Exchange, etc.), I found Google not only easy to use and fast (not only to make entries, but to also learn and sync between devices), I also found it invaluable for most things I do. The one thing I cannot live without is its ability to sync between different devices.

Microsoft 365

Reasons for Switching to Google Calendar

Standard Google Calendar is free and easy to use out of the box which makes it a great product up front for any personal and/or business use.
Nadia
  • Industry: Accounting Software

Google Saves the Day

Reviewed on 13/05/2021

Incredibly easy to use and very very very very convenient. You can use it in your personal or professional life and if you wish to take it mobile with you, you can use the app on your phone, not just your desktop. I'm just tickled pink about the functionality and the ability to store all of my data in one place, with one company and one software/program. I'm in love!!!! : )

Pros

I dont know how I could live without the Google family of products. Everything ties seamlessly into my Google account and now that Google Pay is widely accepted, I cannot fathom a more complete or complimentary product for my personal or professional life. Google Calendar can also sync with your Android notes or tasks if I remember correctly, so you can make lists and access the information even if your phone isnt nearby, and vice versa. I recently had a 10 day project where I was required to login to a system for reporting during certain times, and complete a 3 part reporting/surveying questionnaire each day. I found myself forgetting whether or not I completed my tasks so I made a note/task entry on my mobile and was actually able to link it with my calendars, which saved my butt a few times over the course of the project! It was incredibly seamless and customizable, with tick boxes, cross out task completion options, alarm notifications... Just incredibly useful, I had no words. Its easy to use & can be used across most google products, which means you can attach contacts, reminders, emails, etc. Incredibly talented group of people behind the Google family of products, and I cannot wait to see what they develop next. Your productivity will skyrocket when you realize that you have ONE program that offers everything you need to stay connected, on time & accessible (Google Drive). Not enough good words can be said about the calendar and its functionality. Life saver!!!

Cons

I didnt find anything that I could complain about or improve on. I was even able to restore the task I mentioned above which was linked to my Android notes account when I accidentally marked the entire project complete, not the individual task lol ... it was basically deleted and the notifications and alarms were reset which was frustrating, but it was easily restored so I have no complaints at all.