1,060 reviews

Google Calendar

Web-based time management & calendar application

4.7 /5 (1060 reviews) Write a Review!

1,060 reviews
Nancy A.
  • Industry: Utilities

Timely and Efficient for all Personal and Business Issues

Reviewed on 30/05/2021

Generally, I can say Google Calendar is a simple way to keep things on track without having any fancy equipment. The software is easy and effective to use for everyone as long as you have a Google account. The experience in using the software is generally good.

Pros

Google Calendar is easy to use and as long as one is online they can schedule whatever plans they have whether personal or business related. The reminder keeps you ready for meetings and events. Google calendar just like all Google products is linked to all devices the user has meaning you can access it from anywhere and anytime.

Cons

I have used Google Calendar for a while and there are no negative things that I have to say about it.

Katie M.

Extremely helpful in school setting

Reviewed on 21/05/2021

Having Google calender has helped me get through my year. With over 6 meetings per day Google calender has never let me or my students down!

Pros

The school district i work in has always relied on Google calender to help our schedules with ease. I personally use Google calenders multiple times a day. I use this to also set up meetings with my students. It turns a stressful meeting into a time I don't need to worry if my invites have made it to my students. Google calendar makes my day easier which makes tracking remotely easier. Its really easy to use and really easy to maintain

Cons

The calender could use more layouts. It would be nice to see ascetically pearlized now

Ariel S.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

My go-to calendar for both work and home

Reviewed on 18/05/2021

Using Google Calendar has been an overall positive experience, and it is the main calendar I use both at work and home.

Pros

Google Calendar is easy and convenient. I can access it from all my devices and browsers, and easily add new events or reminders from whatever device I'm on.

Cons

As far as I can tell, although you can add a Google calendar to Apple's built-in calendar app, there is no way to display reminders from the Google calendar - so I still need to use 2 different calendar apps. Also, the browser version of Google Calendar crashes in Chrome a few times a week, and refreshing the page won't reload it. I have to close the tab and reopen it to get the calendar to display again.

Mateusz Z.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Clean, accessible, the best on the market!

Reviewed on 31/07/2019

Pros

I'm using Google Calendar both on my smartphone and laptop - it's working as a charm. Really easy to work with, setup meetings etc. The design is really nice, everything looks as it should with a calendar App - organized and clean.
I have my Google Calendar integrated with Slack and Trello - it was really simple to do that.
Notifications are fully customisable - so you can rest assure that you won't miss anything important if you will setup this properly (which again - is really easy/intuitive).

Cons

I didn't have any issues whatsoever with this software - but if anything I'd say there should be an option to fully customise layout.

• Industry: Banking

• Customer Support Software

Organized and easy to use calendar

Reviewed on 13/12/2020

Overall, I really enjoy using Google calendar. It has increased productivity, made me organized, and has kept me on track for my work day.

Pros

The user interface is very easy to understand and use. My favorite features are: inviting others to events, adding alerts to notify you of upcoming events, creating multiple calendars for different projects. It also really great because you can share a calendar with everyone in your group working on that particular project. I also love that they have recently added a dark them option!

Cons

I don't like the way some event are automatically created if I click a time slot and click out. It will automatically create a new event and I'll have to delete it.

Easy and Convenient

Reviewed on 13/09/2020

It's hard to juggle so many things to keep track of. Google Calendar is great for planning formal and informal meetings, but also for keeping track of things you need to do yourself.

Pros

It's extremely easy to use and it's wonderful for planning meetings. Especially now that most of us are working from home, we can add a google meet or zoom link right in the meeting invitation and ensure everyone knows when these events are. It's also easy to integrate with other apps and to bring in someone else's calendar.

Cons

It would be nice if there was a way to check people's availability before scheduling a meeting. Too often, you can send out a meeting invite only to find that someone can't make it, but others have already responded yes.

Sarah C.

• Customer Support Software

The "bread and butter" of calenders

Reviewed on 30/04/2021

If you forgot Google Calendar was sort of "always there", now's the time to start using it and get your life sync'd back to itself. Stop wasting time, it doesn't get more user friendly or basic but basically functionally fabulous as this.

Pros

Google calendar is easy to use, intuitive, simplistic in design and style so its not dauting or overwhelming at all, but is still feature rich, works smoothly as an application for mobile or desktop usage, connects to your gmail--hello sync and simplicity--and with the high-tech trending home based google nest, and amazon Alexa, the Google Calendare really gives you a flawless integration for your smart home with out being too little or too much, it's sort of the bread and butter of calendars, grandfathered in, tested and true, and just skips all the bullshit for a straightforward take at a straightforward issue.

Cons

If you're looking for fancy, frills, and pretty borders this might not be the calendar for you. And let's not open the floor to debate the privacy, permissions, and security functions of this (or any) Google product.

Kelly H.

Love Google Calendar

Reviewed on 26/04/2021

It's solved my problems in terms of staying organized. I use a paper calendar still, but having one online has truly helped me not miss any meetings and events. Most of my clients use Gmail and so it's easy scheduling meetings with them because they too use Google Calendar.

Pros

Google Calendar is very easy to use and I love the layout of the calendar on both the desktop and mobile. It's easy to add events, meetings, reminders, etc. I use it to schedule all of my meetings and it keeps me organized.

Cons

When you invite someone to a meeting, it automatically puts in a Google Meet link. At first I didn't realize that, and some of my clients thought the meeting was through Google Meet instead of on the phone/in-person. Now, I have to remember to remove the automatic link.

Emily M.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Google Calendar Review

Reviewed on 21/05/2021

I love it! It's easy and convenient for everyone in our office to use, and they're all synced to the main administrator page. Even our staff who aren't great with technology can easily navigate it and use it daily.

Pros

I like that you can have access to multiple calendars at once, but turn on and off which ones you want to see at any point. I also like that I can colour coordinate each calendar, so I know which I'm looking at based on colour; it makes it so simple!

Cons

Sometime when I click on a calendar to see the details, it will randomly move it to a different day and time, so I have to quickly click "undo". There's something about your mouse having to be perfectly still when you click on an appointment, or it will glitch and move the appointment. At least there's an undo button!

Nazlin M.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Google Calendar - A Real digital Diary with latest technology

Reviewed on 24/12/2020

As a Google Calendar user for more than 11 years, Without hesitating I recommend to anyone who wants to manage his/her schedules professionally. It can be used to set a reminder for the planned works and any appointment can be planned on to Google Calendar.

Pros

I use Google Calendar's features regularly. 1. My Daybook register is Google Calendar - I register whatever I spend or receive at the office, home or on the road. 2. My DIARY - I enter all my events from morning to night so that I don't forget any important matters. 3. My Alarm - All my schedules are on Google Calendar and will remind me on time or as my request. 4. Gmail integration - I set schedules for email sending by Google Calendar.

Cons

As a savvy organizer and on time official, I don't perceive any cons in Google Calendar

Olivier jm M.

a well synchronized calendar for you and work

Reviewed on 12/05/2021

I am currently using it to manage all the meetings for work and all personal schedules for every day.

Pros

Google has a pretty good user interface for easy management of your schedule, The best best feature is being able to subscribe to workmate's calendars this way you get to see what they are up to.
The synchronization works well across devices, so if you have an invite you will find it on all your devices with a good and timely notification.
There is a view that allows to see different either looking at schedules for the day, for the week, month or year.
You can also integrate it with your native calendar apps.

Cons

One feature that could be improved is scrolling, when you scroll on desktops you can easily lose your way, it jumps quickly to other months.

Austin J.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Keeps me organized with all my meetings!

Reviewed on 01/08/2018

Pros

Google calendar is very easy to use, and is a life saver in the business world! You can set up all of your meetings, calls, and other business dates all in one place. These events show up on your calendar, and you can set up reminders to tell you about the events. You can change the reminders to remind you same day, the day before, or anytime you would like. You can create Google Calendar events, and invite people to the event, and it syncs with their calendar! The reminders pop up on my iphone and iwatch when I log into my gmail account on my iphone.

Cons

The only bad thing about Google Calendar is you need a gmail account to use. If someone you are trying to invite to an event does not have a gmail, this will not work. Everyone at my work uses gmail, so this is not a problem!

D'ana G.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

• Customer Support Software

Google Calendar helps keep me organized.

Reviewed on 07/06/2017

Pretty sure I put every event in Google Calendar. I LOVE having it all in one place and on every device perfectly in sync. Making sure I know what is going on and when is very important for my sanity, my business and my family, I love how easy Google Calendar makes it.

Pros

You can link multiple calendars with ease and viewing other's calendars they have shared with you is super simple too. I also like that you can color-code events to match up with whatever your organizational method is, which makes it easy to keep track of what event is for what project/person/effort.

Cons

Sometimes events that cross time zones get a little wonky and since I work with people all over the globe, that gets a little annoying. But generally that is easily fixed with a convo and some setting changes.

Elizabeth B.
  • Industry: Government Relations

google calendar

Reviewed on 10/02/2021

I like that I can invite others to events and the platform integrates well with other platforms such as evite and adding events your calendar. There are so many benefits to using google calendar such as not losing the entries like you would if your were using a work email address and that email address was shut off. Also, the calendar allows you color code and tag entires which is very helpful to keep organized.

Pros

Google calendar is so easy to use and I love features such as adding events, reminders, tasks and being able to set recurring reminders and events. Google calendar seamlessly is shared across multiple platforms such as desktop computer to mobile phone which makes its easy to keep track of your calendar on the go. it even works with Alexa!

Cons

I had a few issues with information I added to my app syncing with computer but that few and far between.

Eliel B.

Your calendar by default

Reviewed on 09/02/2021

Good, but because the context forces you to use it. The normal functions of a digital calendar are easy to set up, the rest becomes more complicated. The lack of integration with Microsoft calendar annoys me. I use it because it's free.

Pros

The integration with other tools, especially with Google Meet. The notifications are okay too. The customizing options are wide, which means you can adapt your tools to your needs.

Cons

There is no integration with Microsoft calendar, I understand that both companies don't get along with their services, but when you are using Hotmail and you get a Google Calendar invitation you can't even confirm you are going to the meeting, the link takes you to a Google 404 page, ridiculous.
I think the customizing options are not distributed the right way, it makes it counterintuitive, quite hard to find the functionality that you are looking for.

Jelena U.

Google has your back

Reviewed on 22/03/2021

Super happy.

Pros

Google account users tap their screens twice and this powerful tool snaps into place. For those who do not have a google account, it takes about 5. It's that easy.
What I like about it the best is the intuitive, user-driven initial setup which, for example, will set up a notification for your event 10min prior to it without you even thinking about it.
It merges all your account calendars in one place if you can't be bothered switching between your work and private calendars.
I guess there are gazillion options available via plugins and extensions I haven't been using, but if I needed anything I'd check the options with this calendar first. It's Google, we grew to expect the impossible from it.

Cons

The only thing I found faulty is the lack of the option to allow several people to book the same time slot with you.

Miroslav K.

Best calendar for Android smartphone

Reviewed on 15/06/2021

Regular functions such as scheduling meetings, calls, reminders work great. A large number of individual settings are available. Synchronizing all the devices, in which you're signed in, is also great. After adding a new calendar (which I think is the only downside), everything works as it should.

Pros

I've been using Google Calendar for a long time. I always tried another calendar when I changed my smartphone (from Samsung, Lenovo, Xiaomi) but none is as complex as the one from Google. If you use gmail often, there is no better choice.

Cons

Adding a new calendar (eg via a link) to your Google calendar is not very user friendly. Whenever I add one, I first need to find a guide online. All this must be done through the computer. Subsequently, it is still necessary to turn on the display of this new calendar manually in the smartphone. I don't understand why it's not done automatically. When I want to add it, I probably want to display it, don't I?

Pathmavel M.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

• Customer Support Software

Google Calander made my day easier

Reviewed on 19/07/2021

Overall, the google calendar is a tremendous tool that makes my daily routine easy. Definitely, I would recommend this tool to everyone.

Pros

I use google calendar for more than 6 years. I mostly use this software to mark events, reminders, and daily tasks. I do not remember birthdays. So, I always depend on google calendar to remind me. Further, I use this software to schedule official meetings. This particular feature is fantastic. Because, it has got many options like adding video conference, location, and even source materials for the meetings.

Cons

Most of the features I use in the google calendar are convenient and it does not have any issues that I encountered. But, I would like to point out one thing regarding the reminder. When you set the reminder, you can set recurrence daily, weekly, monthly, annually, and etc. But, there is no option to set the reminder twice a day throughout the month or year.

Anna H.
  • Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

• Customer Support Software

Great way to schedule multiple areas of your life!

Reviewed on 15/02/2017

I work as a self-employed jewelry designer and metalsmith, creating and selling my work online. I, like most people have family, activity groups, passive income and other areas I need to keep in balance. Being self employed means I have to run a tight ship with my time. I use Google Calendar to do this.

Pros

I love that I can sync my calendar with, TickTick, Airbnb, Meetup.com, Gmail, Facebook events, and share specific calendars with other people when working on projects.

Cons

Calendar sync issue because of all the Google bloatware on my phone and the updated to the latest Android system. Since the update, I can no longer actively use my SD card storage. I noticed I had very low internal memory very shortly after the update, but had lots of space on my SD card. My calendar refused to sync. As a result, I had to sacrifice a number of important apps to use my calendar again. I am taking off two stars for Google limiting Android users space options, as it makes all my apps run slower.

Sudarsan N.
  • Industry: Higher Education Software

A great integrative tool

Reviewed on 04/04/2021

Overall, it is the best Calendar Tool that I have used primarily because it is well integrated with other Google Features. As a professor, I find it most convenient to schedule lectures and share details seamlessly with several students.

Pros

Has a user-friendly interface that lets the user schedule events with a few clicks and integrates well with other Google tools such as Google Groups. Particularly, if I wanted to narrow down my guest list, I create separate Google Groups comprising the concerned people and invite them during the meeting setup. The integration with Google Meet is the best part as I do not have worry about sharing the video conferencing link separately to the participants.

Cons

Some Google Groups email IDs do not show up during auto fill, and sometimes it is an inconvenience because I have many similarly named Google Groups. Also, by default, users invited for a Google Meet call can add their own participants. I have missed it sometimes and have had participants who were not supposed to be on the call.

Darina T.
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

• Customer Support Software

best friend to be on time

Reviewed on 05/02/2021

It is very useful and saving time SW. I like to be managed in two different calendars - privat and business, all is done indenpendently with respect to my privacy. I can not forget meeting, present for family or event in my job. I am reminded for presentation, for tasks, for calling to clients. The best friend that makes my life easier.

Pros

I use my phone and notebook for my job like my hands and brain. It is essential for my daily routine. So there is just one possible way to manage my tie - use google calendar. I divided it into two different - privat and business. In privat part there are my family and personal meetings, in business just my job. I got invitation for meeting or conference and it is recorded directly to my calendar - I do not have to do anything. Morning are all dates showed on my phone and notebook screen, 15 minut before event I get reminder. All is managed for me without me....

Cons

There is possible to record all important events into calendar, however I can not use link from calendar for conference, I have to use a link from email.

Jason J.

Near perfect for Sharing Calendars at work, with family, or both.

Reviewed on 15/12/2018

Pros

Love the ability create additional calendars and share calendars with great administrative features. For example, everyone in my family has their own calendar, kids included. Setup their school events, sports on their own calendars, makes it easy to assign who is picking who up, who is attending what event, notes, if you get in the habit of always entering the place, or address, google will automatically sync to google maps or Waze (with permission of course) so you don't have to re-enter the address for driving directions.

Extremely customizable, with an endless amount of solutions.

Cons

There isn't much to not like about Google Calendars. If I had one criticism it would be of duplication Calendars & Holidays. I'd love to see some "smart filtering' meaning that if you already have Birthdays turned on in one of your calendars, if you have another calendar, or shared calendar with the same information it often shows up as a duplicate. In all fairness, its mostly a user setup issue, you can easily toggle off holidays or birthdays in calendars but there has to be google brainiac that could simplify the process.

Ron B.

Great for Organizations

Reviewed on 25/03/2021

Essential to my workflow and daily life at my job. Integrates easily with everyones calendars and allows me to plug in third party calendar apps that are slightly better into this so I can update more easily.

Pros

Google makes it easy to find open events for people's calendars. Need to schedule a meeting with someone? Add them to the meeting invite first and click "find available meeting times" -- instantly shown when you can meet. No back and forth meeting scheduling. In the virtual world, it allows Google Meet invites by default and have also allowed Zoom plugin to schedule meetings with links from the get go. You can publish a calendar to the web, great for publishing an organizations events in the platform you already use to schedule your day.

Cons

One big thing that I do not like, that I was excited about what the "meeting block" feature. You can let people schedule blocks of time on your calendar and say from 11am-12pm open up 15 minute blocks or whatever that someone can sign up to meet with me. This is great, in theory, until it DOES NOT block out those blocks if you do slate something there and will allow you to get doulbe booked. The logic behind that is beyond me, and has put me into scramble mode to reschedule a meeting someone signed up for because the site was not smart enough to see something else was already booked. Unfortunate and not like other services that will stop you from booking on conflicts.

Sabharish K.
  • Industry: Higher Education Software
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Simple and smart calendar that allows you to be more productive and efficient!

Reviewed on 08/11/2020

My overall experience with Google Calendars is still positive. It is what I use for my everyday tasks and event management. I guess it doesn't need to be all that complex and fancy. It serves a simple purpose in my opinion and serves it well. Gives me notifications and reminders at the right times. I love changing between the day/week/month views as well when I need it to either get a detailed view of a specific day or the snapshot for that month. It is free and I will continue using it as before but would love to see some more enhancements in the future.

Pros

The simplicity of use about this software is what I like most about it. Definitely the brand behind this software product is a well known one, Google. I love the compatibility across other Google Suite apps and the integrations available. I love when it reads appointments from my email and automatically schedules events and reminders using the same. I have made flight and hotel reservations in the past and Google Calendar has automatically put them on there for me which I find very valuable. It works with Google Assistant so I can also use voice commands to interact with my calendar. The functions are limited here but still useful. I love the ability to customize each event being able it give it a title, date and time, recurring series, reminders via notification or email, adding location, description and even attachments. I almost always make use of all of these fields as it helps me stay super organized.

Cons

The overall functionality is still limited compared to its counterparts like the Microsoft Outlook Calendar which offers a breadth of features. You can't set high or low priority events in Google Calendar. Neither can you create your own categories or labels and attach them to different types of events, tasks, notes or reminders. Sharing is also not very effective. I have tried to create events for my friends together and shared with them but unless they have a Google account, there are many compatibility issues. The time zone also is slightly inaccurate sometimes. It doesn't reflect it accurately nor does it make the needed updates.

Best Calendar & Reminder App

Reviewed on 25/04/2020

My experience with Google Calendar is satisfactory and I have been using this for over 7 years for all my reminders and calendar invites.

Pros

The best feature of Google Calendar is its integration. It seamlessly integrates with other calendars and automation CRMS that most of the standalone software providers do not allow.

Cons

Google Calendar is still in its basic form and it can actually evolve into a meeting scheduler or booking app itself. I think that feature is lacking.