Buddy Punch Reviews

Ifeoma
Ifeoma
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Buddy -punch gives us the value we seek.

Reviewed on 09/07/2018

Pros

Intuitive ,and a much cheaper option than Toggle which we have tried in the past ,and they completely avoided the per user billing system,which I find very ridiculous.
Buddy-punch provides my team with an easy to use clock based punch in/punch out time management application, which didn't require a fingerprint scanner and still works. Buddy-punch has generally given us value for our money.

Cons

Anytime our employees have failed to sign in , they get multiple email notifications which some have found to be very pestering.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Ifeoma for the review! I appreciate the 10/10 rating and it's great to hear that we're giving you great value! You are correct, we do not have per user pricing, so you do not have to be concerned with thinking about increased costs when you add a new user. We appreciate your business!

Marilyn
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Buddy Punch is your Buddy

Reviewed on 09/04/2024

Pros

Buddy Punch keeps track of my work time whether I'm in the office or working from home. Makes it easy to submit my timesheet to payroll.

Cons

If I goof up, it is difficult to go back in and correct.

Response from Buddy Punch

We're thrilled to hear Buddy Punch is keeping track of your work time effectively! If you encounter difficulties with corrections, please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team for assistance.

Josh
  • Industry: Accounting Software

so so not greatest

Reviewed on 17/09/2016

Several areas of concern. Very little corrections made based on feedback. Not able to contact support by phone. Delayed response in email. Not open to different types and operations for different business types. This is a very baseline product with little features. Menus are hard for older users to read. Not user friendly for most users. Time corrections are difficult for users to complete or request. Very limited on admin ability to control aspects of the clock to prevent user issues. reports decimal place cannot be changed from 3 to 2 decimals increases rounding time for admin. Integration with payroll company cost additional funds.

Pros

online can view anywhere from a computer . the app is poor at best and is not integrated to be used as a time clock or to check all features and make adjustments from admin must have a computer to do so

Cons

Most of it

Response from Buddy Punch

Josh - Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. Unfortunately many of your comments we believe are inaccurate and I would like to make sure that Buddy Punch is accurately reflected on Capterra. We do not charge for integrations with other Payroll Companies. We just added an integration with Paychex and there was no cost to any customer for doing so. We are also very timely in responding to inquiries. In your case specifically you opened a ticket on 7/29/16 at 3:52 pm. We responded at 4:14 pm the same day with a resolution. You opened a ticket on 8/29/16 at 12:35 pm, we replied at 12:46 pm. You opened a ticket on 9/12/16 at 10:21 am and we replied on 12:46 pm. We offer many features such as GPS, IP Address Lock, Webcam photos on punches, and notifications. We offer easy change requests with the user clicking on a button that says "I need to change something." I'm sorry we didn't work for your business and we will take your feedback into consideration.

Alfred

buddy punch impact

Reviewed on 27/02/2024

Very good. 10 out of 10. very easy to use, easy to understand

Very good. 10 out of 10. very easy to use, easy to understand

Pros

it is very accessible. You can use the buddy punch app or buddypunch website to access, also it is very very easy to understand/use

Cons

None. As i have used buddypunch for quite some time and it is very very helpful with my work

Response from Buddy Punch

We're thrilled to hear about your positive experience with Buddy Punch. Knowing that it has been very helpful in your work over time and deserves a 10 out of 10 is exactly what we aim for :) Thanks for the fantastic feedback, Alfred!

Natasha

employee point of view

Reviewed on 30/04/2024

Pros

Easy to use! It is easy to edit! And it does not require a lot of training to use!

Cons

I think it is making sure that the employees remember to clock in and out!

Response from Buddy Punch

It’s great to hear how easy and straightforward you find our system, Natasha! We're glad that it’s helping you and your colleagues remember to clock in and out without requiring much training. Thank you for sharing your positive experience!

Marlon

One of the best tracker

Reviewed on 23/04/2024

yes, best one the best program so far that i have used

yes, best one the best program so far that i have used

Pros

Its convenient and easy to use and just overall good

Cons

It's the switching the punch it is confusing sometimes

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you, Marlon! We're thrilled you rate Buddy Punch so highly. If you need clarity on switching punches, please reach out to our support for assistance.

Marisela Diaz
  • Industry: Legal Services

Great New System for Hourly Employees

Reviewed on 04/04/2024

We have been using BP since Jan of this year and all the employees seem to like it and it keeps track of PTO, as well so we all know how many hours we have left and what our payroll hours will be.

Pros

Very precise on time and calculates the hours for you.

Cons

Nothing so far, all the features are easy to understand and very practical

Response from Buddy Punch

Thanks, Marisela! It's fantastic to hear that Buddy Punch is working out so well for you and your team, especially with its accuracy and automatic hour calculations. We're glad everyone finds it easy to use and practical for managing PTO and payroll hours. Your positive feedback is greatly valued!

Adriana
  • Industry: Research

Reviewed on 02/05/2024

Good system but i wonder if approval to login from several locations when users are restricted by IP address clock in can be implemented.

Pros

It has more than one way to clock in. The pin option is easy to use and remember.

Cons

There was one time where the hours were not displayed correctly for me but they were displayed correctly for my manager. This worried me.

Response from Buddy Punch

We appreciate your feedback on the ease of using the PIN option, Adriana! If there's ever a discrepancy with how hours are displayed or any other concerns, our support team is just a message away. Thank you again for your feedback!

Chantele

Buddy Punch user

Reviewed on 01/04/2024

Pros

I love how I can edit on my own rather than have to bother my HR dept when I forgot to clock in on time or clock out,( which I do rather frequently). I also like how it will punch you out after a certain time if you forget.

Cons

So far, I don't have any cons. It's very user friendly.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thanks for the feedback, Chantele! We're delighted you're enjoying the flexibility to manage your clock-ins and outs directly, and that our auto punch-out feature is making things easier. It's wonderful to know you find Buddy Punch very user-friendly. Appreciate your kind words!

Tami

Great Experience

Reviewed on 02/04/2024

It has been very easy to use and navigate through

It has been very easy to use and navigate through

Pros

Easy to Use and Easy to track your time, req time off. User Friendly

Cons

I am new to Buddy Punch but so far there hasn't been an issue to report or give negative feedback

Response from Buddy Punch

Welcome aboard, Tami! We're thrilled that Buddy Punch is proving to be user-friendly and efficient for managing your time and leave requests. It's great to know you've had a seamless experience so far without any hiccups. Your ease of use is our top priority, and we're always here to help ensure it continues. Appreciate your feedback!

Katie
  • Industry: Facilities Services

• Customer Support Software

User friendly time tracking with geofence/GPS accountability

Reviewed on 29/11/2021

BP has been extremely accessible for customer service and have been open to suggestions for improvements/additional services. They have steadily grown over the last several years, offering more and more helpful services and integration with other programs. BP was also extremely accommodating during Covid shutdowns, allowing us to freeze our account in good faith that we would pick up where we left off as soon as we were able.

Pros

Very easy for employees and administrators alike to track time and edit if necessary. Provides accountability for our employees with the location settings such as GPS/Geofence. Provides a variety of reports that are helpful. Provides our employees with mobility--we can send them to any job site, and they have the ability to punch in/out.

Cons

Would like a report that provides a daily snapshot, chronologically, of who punched in/out and at what time. If this exact report exists, I have not been able to find it.

QuickBooks Online

Reasons for Switching to Buddy Punch

It was more cost effective and much easier to contact for help.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Katie for the review and kind words, it is great to hear that you're making use of our GPS/geofencing features. We do take pride in our customer service, and I am glad it is showing! We appreciate your business!

Tara

Great Product!

Reviewed on 09/10/2019

Buddy Punch has been a super efficient business solution for our office. It is very user friendly. The integration with Quickbooks has streamlined our payroll which has been a huge plus. Most importantly to me as the administrator who's been responsible for the complete set up and training of all staff- the Buddy Punch customer service team has been absolutely outstanding!

Pros

The software is easy to use with only very minor quirks.

Cons

I appreciate the updates to scheduling but even with the new templates, I'm still not able to schedule as efficiently as I would like. I would love to be able to set a master schedule for each user and edit individual days from there as necessary. My team typically works a pretty set schedule so to have a template per person would be ideal. It seems that's not quite the functionality of the new template feature.

When I Work

Reasons for Choosing Buddy Punch

We needed a product that tracked PTO as well as had a punching time clock feature. Integration with QB was the additional bonus.

Reasons for Switching to Buddy Punch

PTO tracking function worked the way we needed it to and it was a better price point.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Tara for the review. It is great to hear that our QuickBooks integration has been helpful to your business. Thank you for the feedback, recurring items on the schedule is coming up as a new feature as well. Thanks again!

Bryan
  • Industry: Farming

Buddy Punch is awesome

Reviewed on 29/05/2020

Excellent! The product works well on iPads and PCs. It seems to be very low maintenance and the staff are great to work with when I have questions.

Pros

The ease of use and implementation. I work with many non technical people and they caught on to the app quickly.

Cons

I would like to see a cached mode so if we lose internet facial recognition will still work and punches will record when internet is restored. I would also like to see more permission control over the manager role.

TimeClock Plus

Reasons for Choosing Buddy Punch

The product was old and no longer supported.

TimeClock Plus

Reasons for Switching to Buddy Punch

Buddy punch was highly rated and after trialing the software it exceeded our needs.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Bryan for the review! It is great to hear that you and your staff are finding us easy to use.

Michael
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

• Customer Support Software

Buddy Punch - a value added tool for our small business

Reviewed on 16/12/2023

Delighted! As a trucking company and having resources starting their shifts at different times and in different locations it was "effort" in tying this all together to ensure everyone was being paid for correct times - doing payroll was a chore in calling and requesting and then finally imposing deadlines or you don't get paid which pushes other things back in processing payroll... Week one of deployment -> all those issues disappeared!!! Well done Buddy Punch!!!!

Pros

Simplicity of use which made adoption within our organization easier

Cons

Because of it's simplicity, I overcomplicated it for our trial period and had everyone in the organization trying it. To launch, we decided to recreate our site and started running with only the team members that are required to punch in and out

ADP Workforce Now and Paychex Flex

Reasons for Switching to Buddy Punch

The cost for our initial deployment and the relative ease in scaling as we grow our business

Response from Buddy Punch

Michael, it's fantastic to hear how Buddy Punch has streamlined payroll and time tracking for your trucking company. We're thrilled that the simplicity of our tool made adoption easy and resolved the challenges of managing diverse shift times and locations. Your experience of seeing immediate improvements in the first week of deployment is exactly what we strive for. Thank you for your enthusiastic feedback and for choosing Buddy Punch!

Joy

Best In Show

Reviewed on 23/02/2021

My staff loves that the software works seamlessly and I love the easy payroll reporting process. BEST of all, when I have a question, Buddy Punch really LISTENS and always walks me through the answer or offers to help themselves.

Pros

The Buddy Punch Customer Service is EXCELLENT! Poor service is one of the main reasons we left our last scheduling and payroll reporting software.

Cons

Would love to see more features such as hiring and onboarding of new employees.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Joy for the review and the kind words! It is great to hear the positive feedback on our customer service. We really try to make sure we understand everyone's situation and we're glad that it shows! Thanks again for your review and your business, we appreciate it.

Tohi

Great Product

Reviewed on 12/11/2019

Best solution to time tracking for our hourly employees, and it keeps me updated when someone forgets to clock out. Also, it allows my employees to make changes if needed, which I can review and approve.

Pros

Ease of use, for both employees and managers. The phone app with the clock in/out feature makes this the easiest for our company.

Cons

No cons so far, and I've been using it for almost a year now.

Paylocity

Reasons for Choosing Buddy Punch

Not satisfied and knew there was an easier way to do this.

Paylocity

Reasons for Switching to Buddy Punch

User-friendly and ease of use. Barely any training required for this as it's self-explanatory.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you for the review, it is great to hear you are finding us easy to use! It's also good to hear you are making use of our alerts and reminders. We offer a range of reminders that can be sent via push notifications on a phone or email. Thanks again!

Ana
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

I am a fan

Reviewed on 07/06/2022

Pros

I really like that it tracks and accrues PTO & holiday hours. I don't have to ask anyone what my PTO balance is! I think its smart to be able to add a schedule if you happen to work the same amount of hours each day - much easier to add. I also like that I can add a comment or note of some sort, if needed.

Cons

I feel like there are some visual layout aspects that could be improved - or at least offered as a setting option. For example, I a m a visual person - I would love it if I could select a calendar view for seeing what I have entered for the month already. But I realized not everyone would like that layout, hence the suggestion for an optional setting to change the type of view.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Ana for the review, it is great to hear that you're a fan! We appreciate the feedback as well. Please reach out if you ever have any questions.

Susan
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Excellent Customer Service

Reviewed on 10/06/2019

Whenever I have a question that I can't find in the FAQ or a billing issue, they are super friendly and quick to respond. I even accidentally got charged for a full year subscription when I wanted to go monthly, and they refunded me immediately after contacting them. CSR is very helpful, and always quick to respond!

Pros

I like that you can require a photo and location for your employees when clocking in, and can monitor them pretty easily. It is really easy to set up, and you can put extra data in your employee files to have it all in one place. I also like that I can assign managers over certain employees, so they can monitor their own departments and approve accordingly. The facial recognition feature is super helpful when a bunch are clocking in on one device!

Cons

I find the navigation of the site is a little complicated at times. I tend to have to look around for a few minutes or hit the help to find a certain feature that I am looking for. Most of the time they have the feature, I just can't remember where I found it last time.

The app isn't super helpful as the administrator. It is much easier to approve time-cards and review employee activity through the website vs the app. (The app is pretty much good for clocking in purposes only.)

Wish that your facial recognition picture worked for punching in even if you use the "log in" feature vs the "punch" one. (Currently you have to take two pictures when using the "log in" with facial rec. option for punching in.)

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Susan for the review! It is great to hear that you're finding our customer service excellent and that we've been easy to setup and have all the features you are looking for. Thanks for the suggestion on Facial Recognition - we use the same photo when punching in directly but you are right, if you log in first then you take another picture. Also you can approve time cards on the app, but there's a lot of information to review so I can understand how using the web is a lot easier. Thanks again!

Telesa
  • Industry: Religious Institutions
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Buddy Punch instead of an Excel spreadsheet ... TIME SAVER

Reviewed on 11/03/2019

It has a great deal of flexibility and gives administrators/managers the ability to see who is here at any given time of the day. Managers also have the ability to approve PTO prior to it being added to the time sheet. This provides accountability for both the employee and manager. They can also schedule shift work if necessary. In running payroll, since employees will punch in, be able to track their time as well as PTO in one place; this saves me time on my end. I simply run a report at pay period end to access a summary for each employee. I still have to enter totals but will not longer have to search spreadsheet each line for notes regarding time off. The reports are very helpful and can be downloaded in multiple formats.

Pros

The software has all the features that I currently was using in my spreadsheet - but better as it took human error out of the equation! I gained the reports that tallied PTO (vacations, sick time, personal time) which I had to pull manually from a spreadsheet. Employees are able to enter their own PTO requests (again a time saver). The chat staff has been super helpful to me every single time I have messaged them. They assisted me to get the software ready for a trial run which was very helpful! Every chat session was emailed to me for future reference.

Cons

Although they are able to answer every one of my many questions; it would have been helpful to download a readable document for reference.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Telesa for the review. It's great to hear that we're saving you time, and that you're taking advantage of our PTO tracking option. Our reports can be downloaded to CSV, Excel, and PDF so it's good to hear that those are meeting your needs as well. We strive to provide great service so I'm happy to hear that we've been helpful along the way. Thanks again, we appreciate your business.

Laura
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Buddy Punch Review

Reviewed on 31/10/2022

Buddy Punch has been fantastic. Love it and would keep using it.

Buddy Punch has been fantastic. Love it and would keep using it.

Pros

Buddy Punch is very easy to use. The software is pretty intuitive and I'm glad more features as being added regularly because obviously it make my job easier and often they are features that I didn't even know I needed!

Cons

This isn't about the software, but the customer service. I understand the reasons for not providing a customer service number and all seem valid. However, I think it would be a good option for those of us that just can't seem to get a clue on a particular issue. What I will say is that the staff is really responsive and not having a live person to talk to makes this old lady (kinda) figure it out!

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Laura for the review and your business, it is great to hear that you are finding us easy to use. We provide instant chat support instead of phone support, we understand that everyone has different preferences and we appreciate your feedback.

James
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Happy customer

Reviewed on 02/03/2019

Many of our employees work on the road going to many customers in a day, some of this involves hours of driving, this software allows ease of tracking travel time vs time with and at the customer to do our testing.

Whenever we have had ideas for improvements or changes in the software the folks here at Buddy Punch listen and address, we've even had suggest that seemed like maybe that palm to the forehead moment for them and within 24 hours the wish we had is a reality! That is a software writer that listens and responds very refreshing!

Pros

Our employees have little trouble using this method for time tracking and have given us limited to no complaints.

Cons

I can't really say there is a "least" like about this software, which I guess is the best you can hope for as a software.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you James for the review and your continued business. We take feedback seriously with our customers with our goal to make Buddy Punch valuable to your business while easy to use. I'm glad we were able to turn your feedback into a feature! Thanks again.

Misty
  • Industry: Construction Software

User Friendly

Reviewed on 24/10/2023

It easy and for a company with different divisions and multiple buildings it solves the issue of having an actual punch clock in one area. everyone can clock in from their work station.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use and i can memo when i clock in and out. this allows me to let management know why i am clocking in or out outside of office hours.

Cons

When you missed clocking in and have to edit your time it does not calculate that adjusted time. it sends a submittal for approval and you have to manually calculate the hours worked until its approved.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thanks for your feedback, Misty. It's great to know our memo/note feature is useful for you. We're taking note of your concerns about time adjustments and are always working to enhance user experience. Appreciate your input!

Dawn
  • Industry: Law Enforcement Software

• Customer Support Software

Buddy Punch is a helpful tool in the time keeping system.

Reviewed on 28/08/2023

My experience has been good.

My experience has been good.

Pros

For people who are computer literate it is very user friendly.

Cons

If an employee punches in an incorrect time or date, they cannot change it themselves.If an employee is computer illiterate, they have more problems handling the program.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Dawn for the review, it is great to hear that your experience has been good and your users have found us user-friendly. We do have the option to enable editing for employees, which can involve an approval process. This way employees can request edits if they make a mistake. We will reach out with further information, thanks again!

Jessica

• Customer Support Software

AMAZING ALL AROUND PRODUCT AND SERVICE!!!!!!

Reviewed on 27/04/2016

Buddypunch gives us a lot of abilities to manage our employee that we didn't have before. We literally made the leap from paper timesheets to a system that every employee has to utilize.
As you can imagine, there were some lagging employees that did not embrace the idea of change. Once employees gained experience with the service, it has become a monumental change for our agency.

A typical timeclock system would not work for our company. We have several different types of employees and own about 100 units that for certain staff, their work needs to be costed to certain locations. We have employees that are only administrative that can clock in at their desk, but we also have traveling employees who need the freedom of punching in on their phones. We needed a time keeping system that traveling employees could use, but also management could track their locations.

Buddypunch has given us the ability to add all of our locations and all of our different types of work that can be performed (admin, accounting, HR, meeting etc.). As time has gone on, and employees are fully on the BP system, management is now able to ask questions like, "Why are the employees at the Fort Myers office working 25% administrative time than our other locations?"

The BEST part, in my opinion, is the customer service I have received. It is as easy as pressing a button to put in a request. Believe me, I have made several requests (more than I care to tell) on things I would like to see in the future or suggestions that would make Buddypunch better reporting wise and for my company. I am always addressed within a few hours, and I HAVE ACTUALLY SEEN SOME OF THE CHANGES I'VE REQUESTED.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Jessica for the glowing and thorough review! It really gives insight into your daily use of Buddy Punch and how it has uniquely helped your business from not only a time keeping perspective but from reporting perspective as well. We appreciate the kind words and are happy that not only has the system been perfect for your business but that the customer service you have received has met and exceeded your needs. Thank you for being a Buddy Punch customer, we appreciate it!

James
  • Industry: Sports

Great Scheduler!

Reviewed on 28/03/2023

Pros

The product is extremely user friendly. It is very easy to clock in/out and to schedule staff from a scheduler perspective.

Cons

The payroll module is not available to Canadian users. :(Integrations with many major payroll services are available but not Sage accounting. :(It would be ideal if user alerts/notifications could be available to remind teams to submit their timecards.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you James for the review, it is great to hear that you're finding us extremely user friendly! In regards to payroll you are correct, US only for now. For the time card reminders, we do have them as well as reminders to approve. We'll reach out with details. We appreciate your business!