Gmail

4.8 (12,215)
Free email and inbox management app, from Google

(12,215)

Sarah
Sarah
  • Industry: Management Consulting

• Customer Support Software

Best email service without downloading an email client

Reviewed on 28/04/2022

Excellent. I've been going Gmail strong for over 15 years now.

Excellent. I've been going Gmail strong for over 15 years now.

Pros

Gmail's search function is what keeps me coming back. Outlook's search function is terrible. I love that I can also have multiple Gmail email addresses and have the email forwarded from them to the main one I use. This is helpful when subcontracting and I get assigned a company email. I have a subcontractor Outlook account that is a pain to use. I also use the labels and email filters which are super helpful. I can't stand that Outlook puts emails in a different subfolder b/c I forget to check it and miss emails. But Gmail keeps it in the inbox and applies the label to it. Gmail also has a free scheduling tool called Koalendar that is just like Calendly but better.

Cons

I don't like the ads for personal gmail or the privacy concerns. For business gmail, I don't have any ads and that's helpful. It doesn't integrate with Google meeting as well as I'd like (and Google Meeting isn't that great). I no longer use the chat function, but I used to about 10 years ago.

Thunderbird

Reasons for Choosing Gmail

Yahoo Mail had too many ads

Reasons for Switching to Gmail

I like the web-based email better than a desktop client
Hina

Best for Business Use

Reviewed on 10/03/2024

I have used Gmail for over 10years and I like it.

I have used Gmail for over 10years and I like it.

Pros

Gmail is user friendly and the dashboard easy to use and organize emails.

Cons

The left margin or where all the folders are listed, that column needed to be wider or have customer be able to customize the length of that folder column.

Christopher
  • Industry: Entertainment

• Customer Support Software

No other alternatives for our business

Reviewed on 19/04/2021

We didn't really want to use Gmail but there are very few alternatives for our business. We use Google Workspace for our company so unfortunately we are king of stuck with Gmail rather than choosing it ourselves. This is mainly due to the fact we we already pay for Gmail storage.

Pros

Integrating our customised business email addresses into Gmail is probably the most useful feature Gmail provides.

Cons

From the start of using Gmail for our business email addresses we constantly get a "something is wrong" alert on our accounts. Formatting doesn't work when cut and pasting other fonts or colours, and the general experience of Gmail is, well, clunky, if that's the word. While it offers lots of custom features it is hard to find out how to use them as the support is just a Google Forum, therefore spending far too long trying to find the right answer. Finally the limit to file size attachments is frustrating. As a media company I send large attachments and after surpassing the 25mb limit a link is then provided to the other remailing attachments. I'm then going back and reducing file sizes as it doesn't look professional in my opinion.

Sheen

The best email management tool

Reviewed on 16/01/2024

Pros

The user interface is very simple and organized. Unlike its competitors, Gmail offers a very "clean" look with varying themes. I like the ability to label my emails and then to easily locate all of them, which is not something other email management tools offer. I also like that there are spaces that we can create to work and communicate together. Additionally, it is a huge advantage to have a hub of other tools available at our disposal, like the whole Google Suite. One can easily link documents, tag contacts, maintain common folders etc.

Cons

The only thing I do not like is that if I send calendar invites, I receive people's responses in my Primary inbox. Even if I change the label to something else, like "Updates", Gmail does not learn and remember that. I have to do that everytime.

Mohan
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Gmail smart

Reviewed on 02/03/2024

Pros

Coordinating Gmail with my schedule, Drive, and site implies everything is smooth. My business would be significantly more unnatural without Gmail.

Cons

Perhaps the main thing, I could make reference to is the plan, I'm searching for any deformities.

Shana

Gmail is pure greatness!

Reviewed on 29/03/2024

Pros

I love that Gmail is very user friendly and straightforward. It has a large amount of storage and the protection against spam is next to none.

Cons

There is nothing I can think of that I dislike about this program.

Calum

The ONLY email provider I'll ever use

Reviewed on 21/03/2024

Pros

The user-friendly display and navigation mean I'll never leave them... thanks Google, top drawer work.

Cons

Nothing... I've never come across an issue with gmail on a personal level.

Arpan kumar

Gmail reveiw

Reviewed on 19/02/2024

Gmail is one of the part of life, because anyone can easy use

Gmail is one of the part of life, because anyone can easy use

Pros

It is more useful for office, easy to use

Cons

A lot of spam message also come, so that difficult to understand spam message

hitesh

Gmail Review

Reviewed on 16/03/2024

Overall experience is very good and awesome

Overall experience is very good and awesome

Pros

Easy to use. we can manage every mail properly

Cons

For me filtering and segrigation of mail is difficult and very expensive.

Dawn
  • Industry: Automotive

Gmail for personal

Reviewed on 01/04/2024

Pros

The ease of use with multiple inboxes for multiple different platforms

Cons

It is definitely more geared towards personal use as opposed to business use.

Jules
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Strong email platform with exceptional integrations

Reviewed on 01/08/2020

find GMAIL to be overwhelmingly easy to use, well designed and thoughtful. It's an excellent mail client and I've been very happy. I also like the the suite of programs that are all available - for free- when you open a gmail account. They all work really easily together.

Pros

The best feature is the fact that GMAIL is overwhelmingly easy to use, both as a standalone email client and as a full suite of programs that are all available - for free- when you open a Gmail account. They all work really easily together. I didn't anticipate using Google Drive when I began using GMAIL, but soon, I couldn't remember a time when I didn't utilize it. All in all, the software is very well designed, user friendly, and intuitive.

Cons

One area where I think Google could improve GMAIL is with the functionality for Label and Move. Many times, I have carefully selected dozens (or even hundreds) of individual emails, and then attempted to Move them to a folder, only to realize I've selected Label instead. At this point, all emails have been (incorrectly) labeled, and worse, all have now been deselected.
At this point, I have to go back through and re-select the emails one by one, unlabeled them, then select them all again, one by one and move them to the folder.
I can't be the only person who has struggled with this, can I?

• Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

• Customer Support Software

I use Gmail everyday for both personal and business use

Reviewed on 23/04/2021

I have been using the free version of Gmail for years. The amount of features you get access to for free, like Google Docs, Google Forms, and even the ability to forward your website business emails (yourbusiness.com) to your gmail account - all this is just amazing! Switching over to Gmail was the best decision I've ever made.

Pros

I switched over from Yahoo to Gmail years ago because Gmail automatically keeps track of all emails that are sent between parties. Meaning, when you email someone and they email you back, Gmail automatically saves every email you send to each other and keeps it in one thread.

This feature alone is extremely helpful for me in my business. I can always go back into a thread and get business details from that were written months back.

I also like that you can add people into your contacts list. This feature is helpful so that important client emails aren't lost in the land of Spam.

Lastly, I like the way you can label emails and organize them into categories and folders. This feature prevents my inbox from getting cluttered and makes past emails easy to find.

Cons

When you open a new account, sometimes it's a bit confusing to add email category folders like "Updates" and "Forums" to the main dashboard that you see as soon as you log into your account. I did go on YouTube to figure out how to add the "Updates" tab on my own though. It's a simple thing to do, but it's not very clear that you can do that when you sign up for your account.

• Industry: Security & Investigations
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Best Email Platform for Business- Gmail

Reviewed on 29/05/2021

MY overall experience with gmail was very good and still counting due to it is user friendly and I love its extra features especially google meet is easily accessible from gmail for my online classes. As compared to other email platforms like yahoo its more convenient and powerful ultimate solution of modern age.

Pros

Gmail is a cloud-based platform which is backed by google which is trust worthy for me and for
my business and enables me to send, receive,manage, transform and schedule my email. It is user friendly and I love its extra features especially google meet is easily accessible from gmail for my online classes. As compared to other email platforms like yahoo its more convenient and powerful ultimate solution of modern age.

Cons

I feel that is ultimate solution of modern age but as per universal law every thing has some qualities and deficiencies also so I think spam and unwanted emails are should be improved so that If a person due to some reason can't open and read emails for some time there shouldn't be bulk of unwanted emails .

Taqwa
  • Industry: Medical Practice
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

All of My Promotions Is on Gmail

Reviewed on 14/08/2021

An effective, distinctive, and easy-to-use program that enables you to communicate with companies and universities and has many advantages besides sending and receiving emails such as uploading your mobile phone files or personal computer to Google Drive or knowing how to use Google Maps

Pros

One of the best programs for receiving emails and promotions. I open this program just to wake up from sleep and see the latest news. Once you create a Gmail account, you can subscribe and log in to almost all sites and subscribe to the latest events. To apply for a job, to continue studying and work, and to apply for a scholarship to travel abroad until all of this requires having an account on Gmail. It features a really nice and user-friendly interface and lets you compose and view emails quickly. Its free edition provides plenty of email room for E-mails and attachments.
Also, my Gmail account is associated with other services such as Google Drive, Google Maps, Google Docs, and others, and this enables you to upload large files to you from your device on the Internet, in addition to high-quality security services

Cons

One of the disadvantages for me is not to download files larger than thirty megabytes, and I do not know whether the sender sees the email or not.

Reasons for Choosing Gmail

It was difficult for me to deal with Yahoo mail. It's Very Complicated But Gmail Was Organized and Simple

Reasons for Switching to Gmail

Gmail has low Cost, High Efficiency, is More Organized, and has higher storage limits Other than Other alternative software.
Josh
Josh
  • Industry: Design

Its free, get a gmail address instead of something else.

Reviewed on 14/09/2021

It's an amazing email system to use and there is really no reason not to have one or multiple. Great interface and plenty of free space.

Pros

It is amazingly free and also one of the best email interfaces for personal emails. I love that I can connect my business emails that are done through my cpanel hosting account right into gmail. I can check and send emails as my other accounts that are non gmail. Gmail gives you an amazingly generous amount of space for email and works that into their google drive system as well. You can get multiple email addresses if you need them. You can also use their chat which is very easy to search in both email and chat.

Cons

There is almost nothing to dislike. Every now and then the spam filter is a little overzealous or randomly an email doesn't get to the receiver though that may be how I wrote the email. That's very little to complain about with a free product.

cPanel & WHM

Reasons for Switching to Gmail

I use them for different things for my personal email I think gmail is the best and has some of the best sendability. I only use cpanel emails that are for emails that I need to have the website url instead of @gmail.com. So it is a fantastic product for these kind of emails and I wouldn't use anything else.
Eric R.
Eric R.

Gmail is a product I truly love

Reviewed on 23/09/2021

I use Gmail for my personal use as well as the three companies I work for, all of them are using Gmail. I appreciate the ability to use those separate systems and store my signature, capture every bit of information I can so I can almost use Gmail as CRM, and the fact that options like scheduling email have started to show up as part of the platform.

Pros

I've used Gmail since it was first announced and it does so many things well that I have a hard time leaving it. First off, Gmail conversations is the way that email always should have been and that one innovation was life-changing. Search in Gmail is like a search of my life (for my personal account) and for all of my work (my business accounts), which I rely on heavily. I love have all communication forwarded to Gmail so I can use it in the same way that Evernote is used by others. Now that the app is starting to steal the best of Mailbox, Spark and other efficient email systems (but skipping the dopey innovations of upstarts like Hey!), I think we'll use Gmail for pro and personal email forever.

Cons

I miss the way that a Gmail search used to go across all of your documents and other Google files. I wonder if it was done from the privacy perspective but it's definitely something that I used to rely on.

Reasons for Choosing Gmail

Gmail had better functionality and still does.

Reasons for Switching to Gmail

Gmail has superior search and better mail management.
Kim
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Can't live without it!

Reviewed on 16/12/2021

I use it to stay organized and even treat it as a To-Do list occasionally by emailing myself whatever needs to be done. I would recommend double accounts for people who use Gmail a lot and would benefit from having separate accounts to keep track of business/personal/etc.

Pros

I am obsessed with Gmail and have recently opened up a new account for my author business. I am thankful for the extra storage space that allows me to work on the cloud in conjunction with my email through Google Drive. I like how easy it is to use, how the updates auto-fill emails, how I can organize groups of contacts and email everyone at once, how I can save drafts, etc. The list goes on and on.

Cons

There was a little while there where I couldn't mark my emails as unread, they would disappear. I don't find that as an issue anymore but it was definitely inconvenient at the time.
I like the filters feature, where I can divy up emails into folder when they come in automatically, but it was a challenge to set those up so I kind of gave up on them.
The sheer amount of emails can be overwhelming, but that's not Gmail's problem...

Reasons for Switching to Gmail

More familiar with Google and liked that it connected with Calendar and Drive.
Jonathan
  • Industry: Capital Markets

• Customer Support Software

So much to unpack with GMail.

Reviewed on 29/08/2022

There's not much to say. GMail is probably THE single MOST prolific application in use across the interwebs today. I have personal gmails, work gmails, school gmails... and some of those schools and companies use gmail as their client server. It is THAT prolific. If you are reading this, I can only assume you have a gmail already (or are very very new to this whole "world wide web" thing.

There are some downsides to deal with. Since Google went to the three box (Primary, Promotions, Social) set up, I miss some things that I want to see. I get why they did it... but it means that i now have to deal with three boxes, and the concept of dumping the entirety of promotions or social risks losing some of those things. Users still have to look at every email. I've also had some bizarre "bleed over" from a school account, where I teach, appearing in my business email on my laptop at home. There is supposed to be some sort of firewall between them and it did not hold up. I worry that my work emails would end up on a school server as I do some sensitive work.

Otherwise, GMail is a very useful tool that appears on everyone's desktop for the whopping price of zero dollars. Hard to top that in the age of "desktop as a service".

Pros

Everyone has it... so collaboration and integration make it a huge "onramp" to the web.
Quick and easy to use.
Huge amount of storage space for saved emails from the past.
Folder organization customization.
It's free!

Cons

Not a fan of the way Google sorts "Primary", "Promotional", and "Social".
Spam filter can be difficult to teach and you lose valuable emails to its clutches frequently.
Google auto reads email to sort it... but if you're a privacy advocate, you probably aren't a Googler.

Tanner

Gmail is the best Email

Reviewed on 08/01/2024

Fantastic! I cannot imagine using any other email.

Fantastic! I cannot imagine using any other email.

Pros

Gmail is the most helpful email inbox software that I have used both professionally and personally. I highly recommend it!

Cons

The multiple verification login and the time it takes if you are locked out of an account.

Juno, Yahoo Mail, and AOL Mail

Reasons for Choosing Gmail

Gmail was much easier to use and allow for the streamline of my calendar and contacts.

Reasons for Switching to Gmail

It had the largest inbox size without being costly at the time.

• Customer Support Software

Google is okay but it's missing some things

Reviewed on 07/02/2020

My overall experience with Gmail has been good but over time it started to decline because nothing really changed, not much support either. It could have a lot of things added to it to make it much better but I don't think they will do that. I f you need a basic email provider it's decent but once you decide to get a business email by using gsuite it can become problematic with lot's of functions and other issues.

Pros

What I like most about Gmail is that it's convenient and easy to make an email and start receiving messages from contacts. I also like being able to customize the theme in the background of my inbox. It has a lot of features.

Cons

What I least liked about Gmail is the integration with gmass for email automation. It's expensive and is buggy with Gmail and it can be a pain. I stopped using Gmail as my email automation provider as it does not have what I need. I also receive a lot of spam and I'm tired of it.

Zoho Mail

Reasons for Choosing Gmail

Hotmail had a lot of people from random locations across the world accessing my account. Lot's of security issues.

Reasons for Switching to Gmail

Gmail was my first provider then it recently changed over to Zoho because of ease of use and features.
Mohammad
Mohammad
  • Industry: Banking
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

The most efficient email ever.

Reviewed on 08/10/2021

A wonderful and distinctive experience, since from the beginning of use until now, I have not encountered any difficulties, and I can refer to all my emails sent and received at any time.

Pros

What I like best is simplicity and uncomplicatedness. As all the tools are clear, you will also find classifications for all emails, especially the promotional ones, as it filters them directly and collects them in a special section as well as social messages, so that in the primary section you will only find emails related to work and personal issues.
Sent emails are saved and also under preparation emails are saved so that the user can retrieve, modify and resend them at any time. As for creating emails, you can also change the size and type of fonts, add graphics, and also attach documents in large sizes.
The Gmail provides from Google by a large space to store all emails and also classify it, so that you can refer to any emails at any time.
In addition, the Gmail application for mobile supports all operating systems and is incomparable, and the protection and support systems that Google provides to all users are the most efficient and effective at all.

Cons

There are no unwanted things, everything is clear and easy to use for everyone.

Aatif
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Gmail

Reviewed on 02/01/2022

Using Gmail has always been an excellent experience for me. It makes my email management simple, and let me connect to and use other Google apps easily.

Pros

Gmail is an easy to use email client. It lets you manage scores of emails easily by assigning them into various categories like social, promotional, primary etc. It hosts a very powerful spam detector which never let a spam mail to get into your regular inbox. It come with 13 GBs of storage capacity which is more than enough for normal users to save their emails and attachments. Gmail allows you to communicate without the involvement of third party thus making your conversations safe and secure. It also comes with a high level of integration as a lot if Google services like drive, maps, youtube, contacts etc require Gmail to operate properly. Apart from its website version, it also have apps for Android and IOS through which you can manage multiple emails (both Gmail and other email preividers like Yahoo, hotmail etc) at once.

Cons

One of the major negative aspect of Gmail is that the size of the attachments that you can attach to an email is limited to 25 mb, which is relatively low, and if the files exceeds the size limit of 25 MBs each, it automatically submits them to my Google Drive.

Binny
Binny
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

• Customer Support Software

Best and easiest application for inbox and emails!

Reviewed on 11/09/2022

I am using my Gmail inbox (personal) since 11 year, on daily basis, which itself shows how much I know the depth of product, I have also used SMTP to connect it to my websites. In fact my institute also has Google Workspace, which allows me to use the custom domain email ID on Gmail itself. You will no find any other product as friendly as this. I use Zoho, Outlook, Yandex and many more, but Gmail is literally the best.

Pros

I love Gmail for various reasons, the most adequate reason is, it is age-friendly, Its usage is open for all age, let it be grandparents or early adults. Next one is the single sign on that your get with google across all websites using chrome browser. It saves hell a lot of time and efforts to remember the passwords.
I don't remember when was the last time that I made a account manually via email and password, because Gmail is only managing it for me. Thought this Gmail is just a email client brought to us by google and gmail id has a different context, but the after all having a gmail Id itself opens a lot of other possibilities.

Cons

Apart from all the pros and ease, I have a few cons to discuss, Gmail needs to have email scheduling and auto-responders in it. Or else everything is sure fine. I love the way they are continuously engaging the GMeet with Gmail to assimilate the video conferencing in a easy way. Hopefully we would be able to see heir chat, email, call and video call on the same platform soon.

Microsoft Outlook and Zoho Mail
Bipin

• Customer Support Software

Excellent overall keeps me organized.I recommend to use this app its totally secure and free...

Reviewed on 25/03/2023

Overall, the Gmail app is a great option for those who prioritize simplicity and ease of use, but it may not be the best choice for users who want more customization or privacy.

Pros

User-friendly interface: The Gmail app is easy to navigate, making it simple to compose, read and organize your emails.Multiple accounts: The app allows you to add multiple accounts, which is great if you use more than one email address.Labeling: With the Gmail app, you can label your emails for easy categorization and searchability.Spam filter: The app’s built-in spam filter is effective in keeping unwanted emails out of your inbox.Integration: Gmail integrates with other Google services, such as Google Calendar, Google Drive, and Google Photos, making it easier to manage your digital life.Push notifications: You can receive push notifications for new emails, so you don't have to keep checking your inbox.

Cons

Limited customization: Unlike other email apps, Gmail doesn't offer many customization options, so you can't change the look and feel of the app.Ads: Gmail displays ads in your inbox, which can be distracting and take up valuable screen space.Privacy concerns: Google collects a lot of data from Gmail users, which can be concerning for some users.Email threading: Some users find Gmail's email threading feature confusing, as it groups multiple emails together under one conversation.No unified inbox: Unlike some other email apps, Gmail doesn't offer a unified inbox feature, so you have to switch between accounts to see all your emails.No email scheduling: Gmail doesn't allow you to schedule emails to be sent at a later time or date, which can be inconvenient for some users.

• Customer Support Software

Gmail rocks, but does it offer joy?

Reviewed on 25/03/2019

Pros

I happen to have both a personal and a business Gmail account. There are many things to like about Gmail (free), great search, decent integration with the rest of their offerings, nice automations with filters and rules. There are features that they have built on top of the standard IMAP functionalities, like tags, filters and automatic categorization of emails, which are very useful and productive (albeit a bit restrictive, since they are exclusively available on the Gmail apps).
The familiarity of the personal Gmail accounts is a big plus when using them in a corporate setting. Centrally managing the business email accounts is a breeze for your IT department. Plus: more storage, email aliases, and group email addresses.

Cons

Well, when talking about the free Gmail, there’s not much to complain about. You can’t really argue with the free price tag, can you?
The only issue I can see is that there are no native desktop clients and the web version of Gmail feels a bit too much like a webpage and less than a web app. I can understand that for many this is a feature, not a bug — but even with the recent material redesign, the UI of Gmail is a bit of a mess. The placing of the various buttons seems almost random, no vertical rhythm, differently sized elements everywhere and no visual hierarchy (really compare it to any desktop app, or outlook.com or even the official Gmail tablet app). A proper redesign that takes care of the basics of reading emails and perusing your mailbox would be very welcome here.
On the premium side of things, I would very much like to see more advanced features being natively integrated. Things like scheduling, follow-up reminders, and snoozing emails, should be standard.
The next big thing missing is email collaboration. Again you can see a small start-up doing with Spark (sparkmailapp.com) what Gmail should have done, at least for its business customers. Team chat on an email and email delegation are low-hanging fruit considering that Google has already spearheaded collaboration in documents and spreadsheets.
Lastly, I should note that while the Google business offering is quite compelling, the Gmail-specific business features are not that impressive on their own.