Gmail

4.8 (10,975)
Free email and inbox management app, from Google

(10,975)

Syazwani
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

All i need for email

Reviewed on 23/02/2021

Gmail is the longest emails manager that i have use, either for personal use and business use. Throughout the years, Gmail has expended and giving better service for me especially when all the attachment file will be scanned first for any virus or malware before it will be available to be downloaded, it really help put ease to my mind.

Pros

Everyone has at least one Gmail account and i am one of them. Managing my personal email account is really easy as i can use it from my smartphone. They also has a good detection rate for spam email and i almost don't have to check my spam inbox anymore, as they really good at separating between legit and spam email.

Cons

There are not easy way to delete the email in my inbox. I have to select each of the email to delete it and no way to select everything in bulk, and delete them altogether. There are also no option to archive my email to off sites storage, everything is only accessible online and not offline.

Amit

Gmail is Amazing

Reviewed on 05/10/2022

Overall I am very satisfied and I would recommend everyone to have a Gmail Account. In-expensive for business accounts and provides much more than you think

Pros

G-mail is a user friendly, easy to operate, Almost everyone who has a email account also have a Gmail account, its features and functions are just amazing , you can do much more with Gmail.

Cons

Some important mails are directly send to spam folder so every time I have to check spam folder, secondly there is no customer support if you get hang up you have to work on your own there is no help

Reasons for Choosing Gmail

Yahoo Servers were getting stuck again and again, I like to the feature to stop mails which are send by mistake in Gmail.

Desi
  • Industry: Market Research Software

My Gmail Experience

Reviewed on 03/09/2022

Gmail is a good software for companies with large and expansive employee positions. It holds a wider and more expansive business operation in dealing with sending, receiving, holding meetings, etc. I myself found Gmail a good email provider but, It just had issues that I did not want to deal with.

Pros

I liked the personalization settings. Themes, etc.

Cons

It was difficult to find information and navigating to find a specific function was difficult.

Stanley

Modern Email Experience

Reviewed on 09/11/2022

Am a fan of using auto response and Gmail's canned response make life much easier.

Pros

Gmail has the fastest email response time with a defult of 15GB for a free account makes it the industry standard.

Cons

Gmail forced email advertising found in my promotional tabs and AI analysis of my email with intent to ses my information to 3rd party AD companies.

Microsoft Outlook and Zoho Mail

Reasons for Choosing Gmail

Lack of modernized approach to email

Reasons for Switching to Gmail

Best user experience and google ecosystem support.
Marcelo
  • Industry: Entertainment

Like no other

Reviewed on 14/10/2022

Gmail solves hundreds of problems with a single tool, and also connect with your other tools making everything more agile and responsible.

Pros

Gmail is a secure, easy to implement and intuitive way to manage emails, for personal or profissional use.
It has alot of integrations and add-ons and simply make your life easier.

Cons

Sometimes the user support is lacking, automated mails that doesnt answer your questions and no other way to comunicate.

• Customer Support Software

Gmail is best among many

Reviewed on 07/10/2022

My overall experience as been great. I really enjoy the many services and applications that Gmail provides. I mostly like how flexible it allows me to be personally and with access to work.

Pros

Good storage space, ability to purchase more storage, accessibility on mobile and desktop, good synchronization, security and easy account recovery. The many additional applications provides are excellent for personal and business use.

Cons

No dislikes for Gmail. It works well for me

Malena
  • Industry: Music

• Customer Support Software

I got in love with Gmail since the first time!

Reviewed on 06/10/2022

Great experience!

Pros

I love Gmails beacause is really easy to set up and use. You can configure and receive emails from other apps and the google profile allow to sing up or log in in many web sites and apps.

Cons

I would like to have the possibility to save especific amount of GB for the email when the storage is full and be sure to continue to receive the messages as a priority over other data saving like pictures or videos.

Goran

Great email managment solution

Reviewed on 12/10/2022

We used gmail as default email provider and we never had any complaints

Pros

Ease of use and no instalation/configuration required.
Rich set of features and reliability, constant upgrades and improvements

Cons

Nothing particular, we never had any complaints

• Industry: Higher Education Software

Best Free Email

Reviewed on 17/11/2022

Pros

I've used Gmail for over 12 years. It just works. I like that it is part of a suite of tools that all work together.

Cons

I cannot think of anything that I dislike.

Samia

Gmail review

Reviewed on 04/12/2022

Pros

All the features are best. It makes work easier and the keeps track of your office stuff.

Cons

The features that all your unsend mails get directly saved into drafts.

Abbas
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

• Customer Support Software

Gmail. A complete workplace, rather than just an Email.

Reviewed on 03/05/2021

Gmail with all its drawbacks has became an integral part of my life, whether I have to send or receive an email, saving a contact or accessing a stored file in Drive. I just have to remember my Email and password to access a lot of things, which is a luxury that at this time no other company provide.

Pros

Gmail gives you a lot of space to store your mails with heavy attachments, but that is something now days many other companies also provide. What makes Gmail unique is its multirole application. Gmail is required to operate your android, access play store, save contacts in Google Contacts, save and access your google docs, spreadsheet, Google Drive, etc or to make and access your personalized callender, and to retrieve all these on any device just by logging into your Gmail Id.

Cons

The major drawabck is that it collect and store alot of data about a person from associated apps like Google Maps, youtube and search.

• Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

• Customer Support Software

I use Gmail everyday for both personal and business use

Reviewed on 23/04/2021

I have been using the free version of Gmail for years. The amount of features you get access to for free, like Google Docs, Google Forms, and even the ability to forward your website business emails (yourbusiness.com) to your gmail account - all this is just amazing! Switching over to Gmail was the best decision I've ever made.

Pros

I switched over from Yahoo to Gmail years ago because Gmail automatically keeps track of all emails that are sent between parties. Meaning, when you email someone and they email you back, Gmail automatically saves every email you send to each other and keeps it in one thread.

This feature alone is extremely helpful for me in my business. I can always go back into a thread and get business details from that were written months back.

I also like that you can add people into your contacts list. This feature is helpful so that important client emails aren't lost in the land of Spam.

Lastly, I like the way you can label emails and organize them into categories and folders. This feature prevents my inbox from getting cluttered and makes past emails easy to find.

Cons

When you open a new account, sometimes it's a bit confusing to add email category folders like "Updates" and "Forums" to the main dashboard that you see as soon as you log into your account. I did go on YouTube to figure out how to add the "Updates" tab on my own though. It's a simple thing to do, but it's not very clear that you can do that when you sign up for your account.

Jules
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Strong email platform with exceptional integrations

Reviewed on 01/08/2020

find GMAIL to be overwhelmingly easy to use, well designed and thoughtful. It's an excellent mail client and I've been very happy. I also like the the suite of programs that are all available - for free- when you open a gmail account. They all work really easily together.

Pros

The best feature is the fact that GMAIL is overwhelmingly easy to use, both as a standalone email client and as a full suite of programs that are all available - for free- when you open a Gmail account. They all work really easily together. I didn't anticipate using Google Drive when I began using GMAIL, but soon, I couldn't remember a time when I didn't utilize it. All in all, the software is very well designed, user friendly, and intuitive.

Cons

One area where I think Google could improve GMAIL is with the functionality for Label and Move. Many times, I have carefully selected dozens (or even hundreds) of individual emails, and then attempted to Move them to a folder, only to realize I've selected Label instead. At this point, all emails have been (incorrectly) labeled, and worse, all have now been deselected.
At this point, I have to go back through and re-select the emails one by one, unlabeled them, then select them all again, one by one and move them to the folder.
I can't be the only person who has struggled with this, can I?

Jessica

• Customer Support Software

Gmail is literally my brain saved in a program

Reviewed on 14/10/2021

I have had the same email address with gmail for over a decade, and i had some messages I saved when my children were little from me sending photos to myself to save in my email. I never have to worry about those memories being deleted, ever, or getting lost or anything else. They have been there for years and I plan to keep them even longer for my kids to be able to look back on and print whenever they want to. Gmail has allowed me to save memories, write friends and family, keep up with birthdays, save and store emails from the past even if I forget the recipients email, gmail will always fill it in for me no matter what new and updated phone I have, gmail remembers everything. I have everything in gmail. This app is basically my brain and my life and idk what I would do without it. It’s the first thing I check when I wake up in the mornings, not Facebook. Not insta, but gmail.

Pros

I just really enjoy every single feature! There are honestly too many to even think of or name off here but gmail is and never has been JUST about checking your emails. You can do everything from this app if you wanted to. I find it very helpful that any email I have ever entered stays stored somewhere in gmails “mind” even if I have long forgotten, I love that if I am wondering if a email is legit or not, gmail shows me the correct spelling and everything of the email recipient in mind. I love that I can keep certain messages in folders for YEARS, and never ever have to worry about them going anywhere or ever being deleted

Cons

Honestly while I wish it was a bit easier to search through messages for keywords and for gmail to pick up on any typos while searching and find it even if you’re not 100% sure, that’s not exactly something that bothers me that much. It’s definitely not bothersome enough to make me stop using it.

• Customer Support Software

Google is okay but it's missing some things

Reviewed on 07/02/2020

My overall experience with Gmail has been good but over time it started to decline because nothing really changed, not much support either. It could have a lot of things added to it to make it much better but I don't think they will do that. I f you need a basic email provider it's decent but once you decide to get a business email by using gsuite it can become problematic with lot's of functions and other issues.

Pros

What I like most about Gmail is that it's convenient and easy to make an email and start receiving messages from contacts. I also like being able to customize the theme in the background of my inbox. It has a lot of features.

Cons

What I least liked about Gmail is the integration with gmass for email automation. It's expensive and is buggy with Gmail and it can be a pain. I stopped using Gmail as my email automation provider as it does not have what I need. I also receive a lot of spam and I'm tired of it.

Zoho Mail

Reasons for Choosing Gmail

Hotmail had a lot of people from random locations across the world accessing my account. Lot's of security issues.

Reasons for Switching to Gmail

Gmail was my first provider then it recently changed over to Zoho because of ease of use and features.
Daniel
  • Industry: Computer Networking

• Customer Support Software

Gmail being best email software

Reviewed on 21/01/2022

It's very easy to communicate with different stakeholders, with in the organization, it saves time to schedule company meetings

Pros

Automatic email filters and categories are good features, with Gmail I can talk to people with in the organization and some outside organization via Google chat or Google meet, whether am in a train or in office, Gmail can be used anywhere, it supports all gadgets. When integrating Gmail with other company server. It took only few minutes.

Cons

At times it takes long time to load. Especially when internet connectivity is low

iCloud

Reasons for Choosing Gmail

Gmail is user friendly compared, it's interface is attractive.

Reasons for Switching to Gmail

Gmail is user friendly, easy to use and it's easy to create an account. Most company members have Gmail account so it's easier to contact them
Mike
  • Industry: Sports

The King of The Email Castle

Reviewed on 30/04/2021

My typical day-to-day business does not include sharing of any personal, private or confidential data, so using Gmail to manage my personal and business email accounts allows me to save time and money, keeping all of my correspondence under one roof. I love being able to change the theme and customize display panel so it's useful and effective for my needs.

Pros

Gmail is so easy to use, customize, and organize your inbox. I have segmented all of my correspondence by type, along with folders and subfolders to further organize and keep track of every facet of life. Additionally, it's compatible with a variety of tools, widgets and apps that limitlessly expand it's potential uses. I've been using gmail for years now, and I'll never switch.

Cons

There are well documented concerns about Gmail's security. As with many free, open source platforms, you are assuming additional risk that the content and protection of the information your are sending/receiving, are at a significantly higher risk than other paid platforms. I also don't like how I often run out of storage, and need to purchase more.

Sanjeep

Reason of using Gmail

Reviewed on 22/01/2021

I am regular user of Gmail and it became one of the most important in my communication with team members and business. Mentioned above pros and cons are experienced by my own, so it would be more better if all of them are review and improve. One of most sad part of Gmail is we can not get back our account if we forget our password. I am really upset with Gmail on this part. Even I use my own phone number, email I was not able to get back. I got code on my Phone, code on email but at last it says "Google couldn't verify this account belongs to you". I have tried to get back my account many times, even I contact customer support but it did not work. There may be many users like me and They are all looking and waiting to improve this issue.

Pros

Gmail is one of the best email service which is free to use. Apart from this some good side of Gmail are given below:
- Perfect platform for Individual, group, any kind of business and Organization.
- Well manage structure (Inbox, Sent, Starred and etc. )
- Many features and services ( google meet, google drive, google sheets, google docs and etc)
- Features of audio, video call and screen sharing

Cons

All though Gmail is popular and Very helpful for user, still Gmail has some draw back. It would be more better if listed below points are review and improve:
- It would be better if there was customer support in every nation (should have service for person to
person)
- Account could not verify (if in case forget password can not get back account even if we use own
information)
- Can not send large file
- Can not send message if receiver's storage is full. (In some cases there might be only way to
communicate. Such kind of features won't be able to connect)
- Little bit confusing to use for the first time

Jennie

A great product to use!

Reviewed on 14/07/2020

Overall, Gmail is a good product to use. I've used MSN, Yahoo, Excite (back when it was a thing), outlook, and even a few others both for job places and personal. Gmail is by far the easiest to use with the most user-friendly options. You rarely run into issues and even more rare is server problems on Gmail's side. I've used gmail since 2004ish (back when you had to be invited to create an account). It's gone through a lot of improvements, some "what the heck's?" (to be expected with a growing company), and it's smoothed out into a great product.

Gmail offers a lot of options, is easy to use, and is widely compatible with a lot of apps, software, and email clients. It works with the Google Drive seamlessly and is very user friendly.

Pros

Gmail has a lot of great features. You can search fairly easily (and it will tell if there's matches in spam or the trash), you can label emails or place them in folders (or both). You can easily move emails from one place to another or do mass-deletes. Filters are easy to set up and work pretty well without worry. Forwarding is a breeze to use and rarely messes-up. You can add a signature without a lot of problems and change it as needed. It's compatible with the majority of email clients available, also. You also have the choice of themes or adding your own background, which is a nifty and fun feature to keep things from being boring if you're using email frequently during the day.

You can also add files to an email easily and if it exceeds the size restrictions, it will just put it on your google drive folder and send a link. Quick, easy, and no fussing or changing between apps/programs/websites involved!

Cons

Sometimes an email will get sent to the trash and you won't know until you either search for it or contact the sender and find out it was sent. I have had problems changing my avatar and finding out how to get it to change has proven fruitless. (Support there isn't the greatest.) Maybe it's just the one account, because I have other gmail accounts and have changed avatars without problems. So your mileage may vary.

Support for gmail is hit or miss. Sometimes you get useful help, other times you're stuck search the internet for answers. Even then, you may not find the answers and either have to give up or keep poking around until you get the problem resolved. Thankfully, I haven't encountered a lot of problems and I've been using gmail since 2004ish. Back when the only way you could get a gmail account was by an invitation only.

April
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Gmail....for a thought.

Reviewed on 22/12/2020

I can appreciate the effort that they're putting forth of weeding out spam because a lot of it is so ridiculously out of control now these days my spam account is so full of just random crazy things and if I had to go through my mail and weed out these things it I would be a crazy person. So my experience with Gmail is fabulous we've grown together adapted together and I've tried other email software and I just never took to any of them like I did Gmail

Pros

So, for what I use Gmail for makes it a perfect fit....for me. I say it's simple, clean and up to date. But maybe that's because I have evolved with Gmail and it's ever changing ways for quite some years now.

Cons

This is always such a hard part for me to fill in. Especially when the software in your own eyes truly really has no big falls certainly not any big enough to call something I hate. something that I really kind of dislike about it is maybe in the beginning it did not express to me how important it is to set up an automatic delete I can't tell you I have thousands and thousands and hundreds of thousands of emails on my Gmail account with them all combined together there's no telling how many of unread emails. Nobody's fault but my own nonetheless when is enough enough I guess.

Great and continuing to add features

Reviewed on 13/05/2019

Pros

So many of the things that Gmail was first to do are now common in other email apps. But overall, it's nice to use a product that's part of the larger Google platform for easy access to calendars, shared documents, etc. I like that I can use the Gmail application for managing email for my website to keep that domain name in my email address (via G Suite). I like the many ways you can filter messages, setting rules for handling certain messages, etc. There are also many helpful ways to search your inbox and folders. I've also been impressed that they continue to add features, although it's always behind the newer competing email apps. They basically copy the cool features that other apps do, but I'm okay with that.

Cons

I've been using Gmail for a long time, so for several years now I've had to pay for extra space, which I don't like. But I also realize that sounds ridiculous. Maybe I just wish they would give you more space than they currently do. I can't imagine I have much more data than the average person... Here's another con that is probably ridiculous to complain about: they put too many good emails in Spam. I've missed some very important messages because of this. And I'd like to think that once I've "taught" it which emails are not spam, it would learn not to send emails from that sender to my spam, but it continues to send them there. I don't want to have to add the senders to my address book to work around this. Finally, I've almost always used other email apps on my phone because I don't think the Gmail app is anything special.

Nathan

I swear by Gmail.... Its the best web based email service

Reviewed on 15/05/2018

Pros

Gmail has been my go to email app for more than 7 years. In no particular order, here are the things that are great about Gmail
Its easy to use and intuitive, it takes a few mins to get used to the interface, but it is user friendly from day one.
The ability to multi task and have your inbox open while you compose an email helps a lot.
The auto save drafts feature has saved me many a time when I lost connectivity. Also you can compose several emails and minimize them as drafts while you have your inbox in the background and come back to them later if you wish to.
Gmail is non intrusive and doesn't display ads like it did years ago. I like the fact that I can log in and view all my emails without any distractions or upgrade popups.
Attaching files is simple and straightforward. Also seeing previews of attachments within emails is a neat trick and I use it almost every day.

Gmail is a great free email service for anyone who wants to get the best web based email experience out there.

Cons

That is not to say that everything is perfect, there are things about Gmail that are not great.
As a mobile app user, I am disappointed with the Gmail app. It doesnt sync to the web when you mark emails as read, you also cant unsend messages and adding attachments on the file is not as seamless as on the web app.
Hangouts in Gmail has never really made sense to me, I wish there was a way to just disable it, but its seems to stick there no matter what I do.
While the new makeover for Gmail is overall great, it still doesnt address the bigger problem of labels and email folders. If an email is added to a folder, subsequent emails are not added to that folder, unless they have a label which in itself is confusing. If there was a simple straightforward way to do it like on Outlook, it would be better.

Zakaria
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

• Customer Support Software

Evaluate the evolution of emails

Reviewed on 15/11/2021

In truth Gmail has helped me alot. I can speak without problems with my customers regionally and overseas with out spending a dim. My customers sense shop once they get hold of emails from my Gmail account than my commercial enterprise emails due to the fact commercial enterprise emails can be compromised without problems than Gmail emails.

Pros

"I actually have high-quality alternatives to take proper stories with Gmail. We created organisational e mail addresses through Gmail and It's truly beneficial for our organisational works." "I additionally love that Gmail is favored to my google lecture room due to the fact I get an e mail while a scholar turns in paintings and it allows me to be greater time-green with grading." "Gmail is a first-class provider which allows me development in my business. I actually have most effective ever used Gmail and were very satisfied with it." "I love that I could make extraordinary folders to place my essential emails for paintings, doctors, or easy messages from friends. I actually have usually used gmail due to the fact it is the best."

Cons

"I dislike how difficult it's far to locate my junk mail folder - I additionally dislike what number of emerald come to be in my junk mail folder." "There is not anything that I truely do not like approximately Gmail specifically. I hate receiving emails in my Spam folder however that isn't always a Gmail problem." "Logging inside and out may be a piece painfully hassle Some and the delays may be irritating relies upon I anticipate to your connection velocity however now no longer sure." "The simplest con I even have is that at instances emails can wander away or positioned withinside the junk mail folder and that they should not have been. So you need to cross search for the e-mail which could take day out of your busy day."

Tamilore

• Customer Support Software

Gmail makes electronic communication super easy

Reviewed on 10/09/2020

Gmail has been better for me than other electonic mailing systems. My business wouldn't have gone this fat without it. Even as the Google Mail has a few flaws, it's benefits supercedes it's faults. I would recommend it a a million times over!

Pros

I have been using Google Mail since 2014 and I have had no issues with its functionality. It is easy to link Gmail to different apps, social media and businesses. I also love the complexity of the system. Gmail allows you to use several options like adding your business, syncing accounts and backing up files. I backed up some files a few years ago without stress. Because I didn't put much work into it, I actually forgot about the files I uploaded using Google drive. This year, I synced my Gmail account into my new phone and I could access my backed up files too! I also own a business, at least, an online content writing business I run. And so far, all transactions of my business are linked to my Gmail accounts. I have about four Gmail accounts, which I open on different browsers and the app too. I can easily sync the accounts to one another, anytime I wish. Gmail allows users to sync their PCs to their phones or other devices. Gmail covers a wide range of functions that allows you to use it anywhere! Lest I forget, you can hold live meetings too on your Gmail account. A downloadable app is available for you to access your account, anytime.

Cons

Although Gmail is very useful, it's security check could be frustrating. Logging into your Gmail account with different browsers will attract security attention. All you need to do is verify, though. But not everyone likes doing that all the time. It also takes some time for me to receive my inboxes sometimes. I think your connectivity determines how fast you can send or receive messages.

Ngwa
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Never Miss out on an opportunity because of mail failure: Go for Gmail

Reviewed on 19/09/2021

I use Gmail to communicate frequently with potential and already existing partners as well as employees within the enterprise. The benefits have been enormous: I have never missed out on any opportunity, due to its swiftness and ease to sign in.

Pros

Gmail is a wonderful tool for managing electronic information. I use my Gmail account to chat directly with my contacts, send and receive emails and attachments as heavy as 25MB. It is really amazing. I never miss an email or an opportunity and this has contributed immensely to the efficiency we have today in the administration of the enterprise. Mails and attachments are received almost immediately. My overall experience with Gmail so far has been wonderful and I know that I am in this for a very long time. Gmail is, comparatively, the easiest app to communicate with and group chats and emails. The search tool is also useful as far as sorting mails is concerned. Gmail has become an indispensable tool in the enterprise and the best news of all is that it is FREE. It is easy to use and easily adaptable for all my needs regarding electronic mails. So, go for it now.

Cons

Apart from the fact that one cannot receive mails offline and that it must be connected to Google (which to me is not a problem). Actually, I think there are actually no cons with this magnificent programming. In my more than 4 years of using Gmail, I have not actually seen a difficulty that is significant. Its set up is a lot clearer than the one I used already so I needed to switch absolutely to it. I use my Gmail account day by day so I have had to face the inconvenience individuals often pose that if your account is not, it will be deactivated.