Gmail

4.8 (8,799)
Free email and inbox management app, from Google

(8,799)
4.8/5
4.7/5
4.8/5
Customer Support Software
4.5/5

Luis carlos C.
  • Industry: Information Services

By far my favorite email client

Reviewed on 10/12/2021

I love that my email es simple and straightforward. As almost any other person, I don't like dealing with email that much; and Gmail helps "getting email done" quick and efficiently.

Pros

It is very simple, easy to use and yet, it is very powerful and feature complete. I never like to install desktop clients for email, since they are not well ported between different computers, thing that I need to do very often. I like that the client "just works" on pretty much any computer and its tools for searching, composing and managing emails work the same exact way everywhere.

Cons

The only thing I can think about is better "folder structure" support. But even for that, there's an alternative with tags and categories.

Kimberly E.
  • Industry: Publishing

GMAIL-GOOD but not Ideal

Reviewed on 31/12/2021

I would prefer a better GMAIL. However, when I seek out 3rd party options, Gmail remains the most reliable system. I fear however that as it grows, it monopolizes processes that forces the smaller company's out. Already, it picks and chooses those with whom it works like Zoom. (Why can't I add other webinar services...like LIVEWEBINAR for example as an option?)

Pros

It is great that IT is ALL there and that I can pretty much arrange emails as I would like. EVERYONE integrates their products with gmail. No worries or concerns there. It works...99.9% of the time.

Cons

Searching for things...a problem. Setting up multiple email addresses is daunting. Why can't I make the UX more to my liking (ie. color options like Yahoo).

OneDrive

Reasons for Choosing Gmail

Zoho Mail didn't have as many bells and whistles at the time. And those that they did offer was at an EXTRA cost. I'm using Google Drive and Google Docs with other business entities even when they don't have Google! Google is more integrated than even Microsoft--for the cost and ease. It's a no brainer. If I have to pay...it MUST be GMAIL at this juncture--still a start-up.

Zoho Mail

Reasons for Switching to Gmail

GMAIL offers these items for FREE! And there are simply more software that works with Google's GMAIL.
Lauren S.
  • Industry: Food Production

Gmail Bestmail

Reviewed on 25/01/2022

My overall experience with Gmail has been great. The features used are handy and easy to navigate and control! I will recommend Gmail to my colleagues and coworkers. I used Gmail through my time at UGA and continue to for personal and work related issues.

Pros

Filtering, searching, archiving, management is all available and extremely easy to use on this platform! I like gmail because it is very easy to understand and comprehensive what’s going on throughout the site. Anyone can use it, along with the features given!

Cons

I’m not sure there are many things I don’t like about this software aside from some deleted mail not being able to be found after a certain amount of time which is expected and the biggest of only a few issues I’ve ever had with other mail services and software.

Reasons for Switching to Gmail

Gmail had a much easier interface and was more accurate to use. There were more features available to me in order to create the messaging service I like to see when opening my mail! I am able to move messages very easily. I will continue to recommend Gmail to others and will continue to use it over other alternative products and software.
Serena R.
  • Industry: Design

If they force you then it's not that good.

Reviewed on 30/12/2021

Pros

I started using Gmail when I got my first Android device, about 8 years ago. In that moment you had to log in to you Gmail account, or create a new one, because every Android app is related to Google, starting for Play Store... It finally became my everyday email, and I used it for school, university, work, games, etc.

Cons

Being my everyday email didn't make it the best. The truth is some tools doesn't work properly, such as "search" or "spam". Storage is shared with the rest of Google Drive stuff, so if your Drive or Photos is full you take the risk of don't recieving emails (and if you want to buy more storage it's quite expensive). It is not intuitive, for example, during my first months using it I though that slidding to one side the email was deleted, but it wasn't, is was just "archived", I never knew how to find the archive (lol).

Edgar R.

The email tool you use everywhere

Reviewed on 24/01/2022

As an email tool it seems to me an excellent option, even more so when you can create business email environments, but I must confess that the integration to which the same tool FORCES you when using a mobile device has not been very friendly from my point of view. (Having your contacts associated with your email account, almost mandatory association; the fact that you can no longer save your phone contacts on the same phone device and everything has to be associated with your email account). But in the end, today, it is still the most used email tool because every android device requires you to have a gmail account.

Pros

Currently Gmail is an email tool used by millions of users that has entered the world of PCs and mobile devices, this has somehow made it possible to facilitate the set up configuration between all the devices that the same user uses, which has its advantage for the short time used to use a new device ready to be used.

Cons

Although it is a stable tool, generally access to emails is done using a browser or an application on a mobile device or a third-party tool that allows POP3 configuration. When one uses the browser or the Gmail application, the reading or selection of the messages is a list of easy understanding and access, however, when you reply to a message or forward to other users, the history of the messages remains in the first message that was received or generated. This, from my point of view as a user, is confusing and unfriendly, because in order to see the history you have to look for the first message, enter its content, look for the history of responses. In other applications, even in Gmail first versions, the messages appeared according to the date when they are received or sent and the story was always attached and one simply had to scroll the screen to read it, they did not have to search for a specific email on a specific date.

Stasha K.

Maybe everyone's first choice

Reviewed on 18/12/2021

Gmail covers almost everything when emails management is the case. It's practical; all the crucial options are there, and I don't end with a headache when using it.

Pros

It's easy to use. If you want some more stuff to modify, you can find it. Just write and send, simply as that. I love the schedule option. It's not full of styling options when the email body is the case, but it's pretty good enough if you don't need to send good-looking marketing emails. I like the possibility of adding contacts to BCC just in two clicks. And, if you use the word "attach" or "attached" and forget to attach a file the Gmail will inform you about that in the pop window. It's so good if you are in a group of people who sends two emails in a row because of that. I love the options for Labeling and sorting emails as important or starred. Autosave also the undo option in the editor is handy. And when I speak about undo, it's an essential option for undone sending of email.

Cons

There are some annoying bugs. Text can be missing on the open edited email after minimizing the editor and opening it again. Also, if you have a signature, a photo can become just an empty pic icon. Sometimes when I copy and paste the text in new mail when sent, the text has a purple color.

Mark oliver R.

Web Developers view on gmail

Reviewed on 09/01/2022

most of my clients are overseas, gmail being one of the best email services is one of the best, especially having the option to not have your emails delayed.

Being able to upload high resolution images is a huge plus, having it connected to google drive makes sending huge files in real time worth while.

Pros

I love how gmail is dumbed down for anyone and as you gradually get used to it you discover additional features that you never knew you needed.

Cons

The spam feature sometimes includes emails from websites that I need.

Antonia virginia B.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Nice and useful

Reviewed on 05/12/2021

I like it. I use it daily for school personal use or work. Is just amazing. Good features easy to use and most important can be connected with other platforms.

Pros

I use gmail daily for more than 10 years. I think is a good software that improved during this time. I like the fact that is easy to use, you can link it with a lot of applications and websites.

Cons

Maybe the spam, should be more controled. Also the promotions and some other features are gettibf annoying. Because important emails get stuck there and i didn't check them on time. Also, maybe to make a way to save a list of email without having to use a third party email software or to input them manually.

Carlos M.
  • Industry: Design
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Gmail is worth as Gold, maybe the "G" is for GoldMail!

Reviewed on 06/01/2022

I use since the begining, at the epoch it was necessary invitation to have a GMail account.

Pros

It is easy to use, intuitive, spacious and honest in terms of interface and clear information. I can use free, but I can pay if there is need for more space, but, everything is clearly put.

Cons

It should be natively integrated with Apple iPhone, but, it is not a problem.

Tobel A.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Gmail review

Reviewed on 16/12/2021

Easy way to send my resumes, the app is supported on many platforms and different devices. I remember loosing my account credentials and it was easy to retrieve my account.

Pros

Easy to use, secure, and instant communication media. It never disappoints.

Cons

Sometimes it's hard to log into different devices..

Daniel M.
  • Industry: Computer Networking

• Customer Support Software

Gmail being best email software

Reviewed on 21/01/2022

It's very easy to communicate with different stakeholders, with in the organization, it saves time to schedule company meetings

Pros

Automatic email filters and categories are good features, with Gmail I can talk to people with in the organization and some outside organization via Google chat or Google meet, whether am in a train or in office, Gmail can be used anywhere, it supports all gadgets. When integrating Gmail with other company server. It took only few minutes.

Cons

At times it takes long time to load. Especially when internet connectivity is low

iCloud

Reasons for Choosing Gmail

Gmail is user friendly compared, it's interface is attractive.

Reasons for Switching to Gmail

Gmail is user friendly, easy to use and it's easy to create an account. Most company members have Gmail account so it's easier to contact them
True H.
  • Industry: Entertainment

• Customer Support Software

Gmail, easy has never been so easy!

Reviewed on 17/01/2022

Pros

I have been using Gmail for YEARS! I love the features they have added since I've started using, the Google drive, documents, templates, the ease of organizing e-mail folders, the spam blocker. Seriously, what is there NOT to like!? Gmail separates promotional mail, social and general, and spam mail as well. That alone is a HUGE help! Spam is automatically deleted after 30 days and the use can set up timed deletion for other e-mails in the trash folder.

The are truly far too many pros to list but, Gmail's organizational tools to keep your inbox clear and clutter free, plus the Google Drive storage options, plus the add-ons, plus other marketing tools if needed puts Gmail ahead of other digital mail platforms.

Cons

ZERO. There is literally nothing that I like least about Gmail and would be hard pressed to find that anyone has any cons.

Anthony C.

Anthony's Review

Reviewed on 14/01/2022

Gmail is probably my most used app, I use gmail every day without fail.

Pros

I like that the software ties in to other pieces of software such as Google maps, Chrome, pay, and play. I can also activate the software across multiple devices, effectively joining my devices together for ease of use.

Cons

I would like to be able to undertake a web search directly from gmail, a web search tab within gmail would save time closing one app and opening another, plus a search from gmail could auto fill registration when prompted. If a site asks you to enter all your details, they can be populated automatically because you are searching from a secure login. The aforementioned auto-login would have to be subject to the website and security measures.

Microsoft OneNote

Convenience and product improvement

Reasons for Switching to Gmail

Gmail, suited me better and provided the link to my other products.

The Most Effective Email Service

Reviewed on 13/01/2022

Based on my extensive experience using Gmail, I can confidently state that it is one of the best.
I can effectively control and manage email, schedule messages, set significance and priority, and filter spam.
I was able to save a lot of effort and time, and the best part is that it's all free. I recommend everyone to give it a try, and I'm sure it will change many people's thoughts.

Pros

Gmail is not just an email for exchanging messages, but rather it is an integrated services system, and perhaps the best email service from my point of view and summary of my experience for more than nine years. What I like most is the Interactive interface with shortcuts that facilitate access to various elements.
It works on various environments, whether desktops, tablets, or mobile devices in various operating systems.
The most important unique features are the integration of Gmail with the rest of Google services such as Drive, Google Sheet, and YouTube. It is enough to log in in one place and automatically all services will be synchronized.

Cons

These were the most annoying things for me.
Some of the emails I've received have been labeled as spam, even though they're legitimate and trusted.
Adding electronic signature available on desktop devices and is not available on the mobile app.
Finally, I'm having trouble moving messages from certain senders to new folders I've made rather than the inbox.

Akhil M.

SIMPLE REVIEW ON Gmail

Reviewed on 13/01/2022

In spite of every one of its cons, I actually feel that this is the best email programming accessible available. It is lightweight that it can run on any web association easily. The apparatus isn't so costly to installed in an organization for authoritative use. I have been involving this instrument throughout the previous 10 years and checking out its AI I think it is one of the most astute made by Google.

Pros

It is exceptionally straightforward, simple to utilize but, it is extremely strong and include total. Everybody coordinates their items with Gmail. No concerns or worries there. It works always. They have a solid spam channel, which is extraordinary. However, it very well might be too solid and genuine messages can undoubtedly lose all sense of direction in your spam organizer. Capacity is imparted to the remainder of Google Drive stuff, so assuming that your Drive or Photos is full you face the challenge of don't getting messages (and to purchase more stockpiling it's very costly). I like the chance of adding contacts to BCC simply in two ticks. What's more, assuming you utilize "append" or "joined" and neglect to connect a document the Gmail will illuminate you regarding that in the pop window. It's so great assuming you are in a gathering of individuals who sends two messages in succession therefore. I love the choices for Labeling and arranging messages as significant or featured. I can utilize free, yet I can pay assuming that there is need for more space, yet, everything is obviously put.

Cons

Gmail is undoubtedly not the only one in this class and greater at it than most, yet Spam and undesirable email content generally appears to spring up out of the blue. In truth, it could have far additional to do with different destinations selling my data yet this is a region Gmail could in any case develop and assist with saving me the migraine of going through and moving them to garbage and afterward erase them out and out subsequently. There are a few irritating bugs. Text can be absent on the open altered email subsequent to limiting the supervisor and opening it once more. Likewise, assuming you have a signature, a photograph can turn out to be only a vacant pic symbol. In some cases when I reorder the message in new mail when sent, the message has a purple tone.

Charles C.

• Customer Support Software

The best free email service on the planet, if you are OK with Google knowing everything about...

Reviewed on 12/01/2022

Dependable and effective for over 12 years for my personal and business email needs.

Pros

Free, but the most effective and powerful email management tool.

Cons

Not much to dislike, but customer service, or getting a live person to help with technical issues is non existent. Thankfully, the service is robust and customer service is rarely needed.

Reasons for Choosing Gmail

Much better and cleaner presentation, ads are almost noticeable and not obtrusive. Ability to enhance features, such as email tracking, scheduling, etc... using plug in tools.

Reasons for Switching to Gmail

I have not found a more robust and feature rich, yet easy to use email product. Gmail is vital to my day to day personal and business life.
Megan M.
  • Industry: Printing

Decent Product, but not the best out there

Reviewed on 11/01/2022

Pros

Gmail is an industry leader in the email world, we all know that. I have had a gmail account for 15+ years on the personal side and tried it multiple times for our business side. But we're just never thrilled with it overall.
They have a strong spam filter, which is great. But it may be too strong and real emails can easily get lost in your spam folder.
They have almost 100% up time, which matters.
You

Cons

I don't like grouped conversations. It's an irksome feature, and I have personally not met anyone who actually likes it. I don't like all the auto-folders they create for you, where I have to search to find incoming emails.

Reasons for Choosing Gmail

We thought GMail would/should be better. But it's not.

Zoho Mail

Reasons for Switching to Gmail

It's Gmail. We thought it would be the best out there, but ultimately did not feel that way and went back to Zoho Mail.
Brian G.
  • Industry: Online Media

• Customer Support Software

Everyone uses Gmail and you should too!

Reviewed on 31/12/2021

Overall I've loved Gmail and my experience and will continue to have several Gmail accounts (personal and business) for the remainder of the internet or until I pass along - which will probably be the ladder first since the internet is only getting started!

Pros

I've been using Gmail practically all my life and the setup of a new Gmail for my business is the act that made it seem official - we have a gmail account setup, we're real!
Whether you're using it for personal email or business email, Gmail is the way to go!

Cons

Gmail is most definitely not alone in this category and better at it than most, but Spam and unwanted email content always seems to pop up out of nowhere. Granted, it could have way more to do with other sites selling my information but this is an area Gmail could still improve upon and help save me the headache of going through and having to move them to junk and then delete them altogether afterwards.

Aatif K.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Gmail

Reviewed on 02/01/2022

Using Gmail has always been an excellent experience for me. It makes my email management simple, and let me connect to and use other Google apps easily.

Pros

Gmail is an easy to use email client. It lets you manage scores of emails easily by assigning them into various categories like social, promotional, primary etc. It hosts a very powerful spam detector which never let a spam mail to get into your regular inbox. It come with 13 GBs of storage capacity which is more than enough for normal users to save their emails and attachments. Gmail allows you to communicate without the involvement of third party thus making your conversations safe and secure. It also comes with a high level of integration as a lot if Google services like drive, maps, youtube, contacts etc require Gmail to operate properly. Apart from its website version, it also have apps for Android and IOS through which you can manage multiple emails (both Gmail and other email preividers like Yahoo, hotmail etc) at once.

Cons

One of the major negative aspect of Gmail is that the size of the attachments that you can attach to an email is limited to 25 mb, which is relatively low, and if the files exceeds the size limit of 25 MBs each, it automatically submits them to my Google Drive.

Filip H.
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

• Customer Support Software

Organize your life with Gmail!

Reviewed on 29/12/2021

Overall experience is good. All the standard email service features work fine, and you can use your Gmail Account with Google Chrome browser to integrate it. It also works just fine on other web browsers.

Pros

Gmail is part of the Google ecosystem, which means that you only need one Google Account to use all their software, which enables all your data to synchronize on all devices automatically. It is a very user-friendly software that everyone can use. I never had any problems with security, and users receive security notifications if there are new logins in their accounts. The rest of the features are standard features that you expect from an email service provider. The simplicity makes it easy to use and a good choice for most users.

Cons

Sometimes emails that I receive should end up in the regular folder, but instead, they end up in the spam folder. It does not occur often, but it does on a few occasions. For example, when I change passwords on other sites, an email containing recovery links ends in the spam folder. It is not a deal-breaker, in my opinion, but it is good to know.

Mohamed adham F.
  • Industry: Textiles

Benefits I got from Gmail

Reviewed on 21/12/2021

More than 10+years using this Gmail. And few years before I don't know the value of Gmail and miss lot of information opportunities and much more.now I can tel Gmail is a addiction to me.when my day start very first am checking Gmail.Some time I scheduled for next day was changed with the mail I got next day morning. That much it's important to me in my every step in my life

Pros

Wow it's amazing app to use in my android device. And most valuable thing to me is I have using many apps and I can't check all app details and updates all the item. So that am daily checking my mail not only daily I can tel hourly checking my mail and get all updates and messages from Gmail.If I get any updates to my mail then only I check my other apps.That is the best and valuable thing to me. And when subscribed to any website get daily news and updates.

And can get limitless mails and can easily filter the messages which we want.it can be send few years back or few days back.When we type a word which we remember about the mail Search bar easily give the results.

And if we got one mail or replyed to mail when we want those mail it all appears in same mail what we got and what we reply it's more useful to continue our next step

And other valuable thing is separated primary mails, social media mails and promotion mails it's very useful to check important mails in our work schedule and free times.

And bin it's amazing option to everyone. We all make mistakes and take sudden decisions.when we accidentally delete some mails or we delete without thinking about its value within 30days we can get it back.
And more valuable things are there...

Cons

Yup some few improvements need to be done in spam section. Sometimes we mis few important mail when it's come to spam list.there can make reminder to check spam when we got mail to spam list.
And when we delete some mails it's stored in bin folder and permanently delete after 30days.if we got any notification within 20 or 25 days when it's permanently deleted it can be more valuable it's don't want to be all mail it can be the topic of mail.
That's the few things I found to improve in gmail

Robert B.

• Customer Support Software

The only email application you need is Gmail

Reviewed on 21/12/2021

When we needed as system as a school that could allow us set up our own domain based emails, we turned to gmail and it allowed us to do that. On top of that we were able to set up various mailing groups to allow for easy communication within departments.

Pros

Gmail is very easy to use but also gives you so many options ranging from grouping your emails, staring your emails so you flag the most important emails, you can also create categories and change you setting however for me the most important one is being able to chat directly from gmail but that is not as important as being able to set up a google meet directly from your email.

Cons

One of the problems with gmail is that some features are only available only when they are turned on by the administrator which makes it harder to fully customise it to your specific needs.

Honest H.
  • Industry: Capital Markets

Gmail: My humble review

Reviewed on 18/12/2021

I have been using Gmail for the past Five years now, I was using this platform to communicate with my BELOVED, little did I know that I can boost my income on Gmail account. Marketing via Gmail is a completely effective method to talk with your customers. Generally it's miles very cost effective, and if nicely completed, can assist create logo identity and dependability.

At an average of just a few centavos cost in keeping with message, it is truely a fantastic good buy in comparison to traditional unsolicited mail. Furthermore, marketing through Gmail has a strong reaction price which stages from 5-35 percent relying on industry type and format.

One gain of advertising and marketing gmail is the amount of data that customers deliver whilst registering to your subscription electronic mail. By learning who your clients truely are, which include their gender, age, earnings and mainly their unique pastimes, you could goal your services and products to deal with their needs.

Pros

Brings in fascinated audiences. My offer reaches prospect customers that already have conveyed hobby to my topic.

Cost effective. Compared to all different strategies of direct marketing, substantially, G-mail advertising is much much less luxurious.

Fast and effective. Conventional direct advertising methods, like direct mail, absorb loads time to make and execute. Then, you continue to should watch for any other few months to assess the effects with the intention to affirm achievement. In permission or
“decide-in” G-mail advertising and marketing, promotions can be applied in just days with final results traceable in actual time, offering you with immediately and direct feedback as your marketing campaign or promotion is in its development degree.

Responses are high. Generally, permission or decide-in G-mail campaigns brings approximately higher reaction costs compared conventional direct ad promoting or even other forms of on-line merchandising or advertising.

Not like a website, wherein a web user has to memorize the web cope with in addition to don't forget and go to, an email ezine or e-newsletter frequently appears at certain intervals with out a effort from my client. Over a certain length, it strengthens my perceived capability, educates my recipients regarding their call for for my products and services, then make me their choice of company while my recipients finally makes a decision that it's time to appoint a person.

Cons

1. Today, with the appearance of unsolicited mail, Gmail can be a poor environment to cope with. This manner that possibilities are specifically searching their email for specific messages from friends, family and colleagues then, all else is banned. However way to anti-junk mail packages and electronic mail servers that filters unsolicited mail messages into the majority folder. Take into consideration although, that some of emails can probably be filtered to the unsolicited mail folder when not accredited by using the recipient.

2. Email messages want to be quick. Prospects need brief and to the factor information. Therefore a lengthy copy is simply out. Complicated offers without a doubt are out. So are helping arguments and records.

3. Emails restrain my creativity. All text is quite dull and with G-mail massages, text is the maximum essential component. I can't even create creative messages as my recipients demand immediately to the point classified ads or reports.

Several small on line corporations presume that the internet has little or no worth to them considering that they accept as true with that their products or services can't be sold effortlessly on line. However they are but to discover the electricity of fee-powerful statistics processing as well as digital media or e-mail can advantage maximum small on line groups deliver quicker and higher communique and customer service.

Kim K.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Can't live without it!

Reviewed on 16/12/2021

I use it to stay organized and even treat it as a To-Do list occasionally by emailing myself whatever needs to be done. I would recommend double accounts for people who use Gmail a lot and would benefit from having separate accounts to keep track of business/personal/etc.

Pros

I am obsessed with Gmail and have recently opened up a new account for my author business. I am thankful for the extra storage space that allows me to work on the cloud in conjunction with my email through Google Drive. I like how easy it is to use, how the updates auto-fill emails, how I can organize groups of contacts and email everyone at once, how I can save drafts, etc. The list goes on and on.

Cons

There was a little while there where I couldn't mark my emails as unread, they would disappear. I don't find that as an issue anymore but it was definitely inconvenient at the time.
I like the filters feature, where I can divy up emails into folder when they come in automatically, but it was a challenge to set those up so I kind of gave up on them.
The sheer amount of emails can be overwhelming, but that's not Gmail's problem...

Reasons for Switching to Gmail

More familiar with Google and liked that it connected with Calendar and Drive.
Kenyon K.

Top Tier Mail

Reviewed on 13/12/2021

At first, like any other program, I had to learn how to send, receive and even sometimes save emails. After about 7 days of constant use, I was moving through the program easily. When they added the ability to suit across all devices Gmail became an invaluable tool. To this day I use this email powerhouse for a myriad of everyday tasks, including keeping track of tasks..

Pros

Gmail is a very customizable, very easy-to-understand email application. You can send multiple emails save and store contacts and a variety of other things. On a more personal now. I have used Gmail since 1998 and it's the go-to program for all my business, personal, family, and recreational needs. I have a used ti for marketing, coordinating events, responding to customers, and even just signing up for social media accounts. Its very widely used and accepted everywhere. If you use Email then you should have Gmail

Cons

I only wish I could use email in thin air in front of me using an invasive light projector. I love what Google is doing and I can't wait to see what is in store for the future.