Semrush

4.7 (2,229)
Write a Review!
SaaS solution for online content marketing

(2,229)
4.4/5

Brooks
Brooks

• Customer Support Software

Truly an all-in-one digital marketing platform

Reviewed on 20/11/2019

We use SEMRush to for SEO research, competitive analysis, content marketing, and some for PPC as well. The insights are incredible, and it has changed the game for our own marketing as well as our clients'. It's all-around a great tool.

Pros

A ton, but my favorite is probably the content marketing toolset. SEMRush provides topic research, keyword research, a writing assistant, and much more. The suite of SEO tools is incredible as well: site audits, keyword research, gap analyses, backlink analytics, and keyword tracking. You are able to set up projects, receive notifications, report to clients, and more. I love SEMRush.

Cons

The only thing I don't love about SEMRush are their traffic predictions. As a smaller business, I find they're often very misleading and inaccurate. I imagine they're more accurate for larger sites. You also don't get API Access on the Guru plan – only business. I understand why, but I'd love to have access to API credits regardless my plan.

Reasons for Choosing Semrush

Though we loved Moz, SEMRush just provided a larger toolset and ultimately allowed us to save money. We at the time also switched because Moz's link database was pretty small – but they've since updated.

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

Again, for the entire suite of tools. I believe since out purchase, Ahrefs has added to their toolset as well.
Danielle
Danielle
  • Industry: Sporting Goods
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Excellent Resource for Complete Evaluation

Reviewed on 10/08/2023

Because it is crucial in the workplace. With Semrush, I can research new keywords, spy on the competitors, and keep tabs on the indexing status of our own initiatives.

Pros

In the world of digital marketing, Semrush is indispensable. You may use it for keyword research, forethought, tracking your SEO and site optimization efforts, for scheduling social media postings, for keeping tabs on the competitors, and for learning more about the competition. It's crucial to my job, therefore I can't do without it. Its breadth of utility is astounding.

Cons

For me, the price of Semrush is the only negative aspect of the service. In my opinion, it is too pricey and not a viable option for most people.

Response from Semrush

We appreciate your detailed review! It's fantastic to know that our platform plays a crucial role in your range of digital marketing efforts. We understand that pricing is a concern; with over 55 tools and the most accurate data on the market, the value goes beyond the cost.
If there's anything specific you'd like to discuss or explore further, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Soubhik
Soubhik
  • Industry: Online Media

• Customer Support Software

Not customer friendly, limited usability

Reviewed on 08/11/2022

Good features, but pathetic policies and robbing people by suspending account when you've already paid for it? Downright cheating.

Pros

Good data insights on keywords and on competitive intelligence. Easy to crawl websites with the SEMRush search crawler and perform site audits as needed, and SEMRush offers considerably more pages per audit to search compared to some of its competitors. Easy to sort out keywords as needed as well, and extra functionality like on-page SEO checkers make this a good on-page SEO tool as well.

Cons

What's the use of offering 500 on-page credits a month, content gap analysis, keyword tracking and so many more features - if you can't use any of them? While SEMRush does tier stacking, and offers more features if you go to their Pro plan or the Guru plan. What it does not? Offer enough time for you to use it.Even if someone logs out from one PC and logs in to the account from another, SEMRush disables your account. It's not possible for a single person to work and access all the features given, and yet, even if you don't have multiple working at the same time, they want you to pay extra for every laptop that gets logged in. It's not like we had multiple people working together. SEMRush doesn't allow even two people at different time slots to log in and work.WOW! And that's not all - they disable the account that you paid for, for policy violations if you dont. Unethical, and corrupt.

WebCEO and Ahrefs

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

Seemed more comprehensive range of features.

Response from Semrush

Hi Soubhik, thanks for your review! We want our software to be accessible to all, which is why we offer the free plan; we're glad you're able to leverage it for your business!
Collecting and filtering the data for all of our tools comes at a high cost to us, especially when we offer the most accurate data on the market! We've competitively priced ourselves in the market based on the accuracy and amount of data across our 55+ tools. Our team would be happy to talk with you more about your options to join our paid plans to increase your limits and tool access!
In our ToS, we state that each account allows limited number of devices and locations for simultaneous login. Otherwise, our security system is triggered since more logins could mean unauthorized access. To prevent third parties from accessing your data, the account is logged out and you will have to restore the password.
Hope this helps!

• Industry: Design

Keyword research

Reviewed on 20/02/2024

Pros

SEMrush provides extensive keyword research capabilities, allowing users to identify relevant keywords for their SEO and PPC campaigns. The Keyword Magic Tool, in particular, offers comprehensive keyword data and filtering options.

Cons

PRICING

According to me Semrush offers various pricing plans to accommodate different business needs, some users find the cost prohibitive, especially for smaller businesses or individuals with limited budgets.

Md. Tanvir Bin
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Best for SEO and Promotional purpose

Reviewed on 30/10/2023

It gives me a platform that not only gives our competitors in that area insights, but also helps us with local SEO by providing keywords.

Pros

Our website's movement in SERPs based on our selected keywords can be understood by using the SEMrush analytics tools. I can determine what we are doing well and where our SEO approach needs to be improved by monitoring our movement in the SERPs.
Our performance on social media can be analyzed with its Social Media Toolkit.

Cons

The usability isn't the best.
Paying for a plan is highly costly.

Reasons for Choosing Semrush

lack of advanced features to perform outstanding SEO

Sitechecker.pro

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

It gives me information on the pages of our competitors as well. SEO rankings and targeted keywords are among the information it provides. By finding use for the data on our own website, I can leverage it to our benefit.

Response from Semrush

Hi there! Thank you so much for sharing—we're happy to hear that. If you have any feedback about the UX & SEO features, feel free to connect with our Support team anytime. They'll be happy to help.

Bjorn

Poor customer support

Reviewed on 02/08/2023

Pretty bad customer support and a very bad mouthing account executive named [sensitive content hidden] .

Pros

Good tool and easy to use. Because of the problems i am thinking about looking for another tool.

Cons

Observe other websites is not working well. Customer support is terrible. I am customer for 3 years and started at the 7th of August. Suddenly they stopped my account at the 6th of July. When i submit this problem to [sensitive content hidden] , my 'account executive', she did not help me. "She couldn't look back" for 3 years. She gave me a headache every mail she sent. In the end we were on a call and the bad mouthing just continued. In the end customer support had two ladies who found the problem. First said: ok we extend 3 weeks. Second said: till the 7th of August. Result: a downgraded account. SEMrush doesn't call me or send me a message. Only thing they care about is extending the product. But they don't care about their customers.

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

I like the product. But in the end it is more than the product.

Response from Semrush

Hi Bjorn, we're sorry to hear about your negative experience with our Support team.
We appreciate you working with us to get your account issues resolved and we look forward to our continued success together.

Khan Md Mohaiuminul Islam
Khan Md Mohaiuminul Islam

• Customer Support Software

Keyword research made easy!

Reviewed on 10/09/2022

For my blog i was hesitating with keywords, when i input some ideas, it provides a tons of related keyword and ranked website address plus what they are targeting .

After several day , i get myself in good position of planning.

I can easily find informative and commercial keyword and see the difficulties.
Even i can get full report of some competition websites, by analysis them i can easily made the roadmap for my blog.

Pros

I mainly use semruah for keyword research.
As a blogger picking best keyword is my priority.
Semrush is the top notch app for this work.
With the question keyword i can make tons of new article and provide quality articles to user.
User friendly interface and have lots of tools you can do seo for your blog.

My experiment with other tools ongoing, as soon as i get result i will share.

One thing they improve continuously, they upgrade themselves continuously.

Cons

First time when i login, it gives tons of information to me, as a beginner its hard to follow up.
Luckily they have good customer support, after discussing with them able to solve most of the major problem.

Response from Semrush

This is a fantastic review! Thanks so much for sharing how to use leverage Semrush for your digital strategies.
With over 55 tools, we understand that it is a lot to take in. We have plenty of resources to help make our platform more digestible—we're happy you've found your way around Semrush! :)

Eric
Eric
  • Industry: Automotive

SEMrush is a must-have

Reviewed on 27/04/2022

The overall experience has been extremely helpful & positive. This has helped us launch additional products & services for our customers and deliver exceptional value.

Pros

Great access to data, the new Trends report is a nice feature. Ranking & benchmarking are great and the ability to manage all facets of the search campaigns from each project is very helpful. The resource library and certifications are great as well.

Cons

- Limited customizations of the reports (more pre-set templates/galleries would be nice & the ability to make changes to all reports in a group at once would help)
- An aggregate dashboard would be helpful (to see the performance of all locations within an organization)
- Each individual data set should be exportable into a PDF - or the ability to add a performance metric/visualization to the reports by adding it as a widget to the reporting library)

Response from Semrush

Hey Eric! Thank you for sharing your experience; we're more than happy to know that the overall experience with Semrush has been extremely helpful & positive. We want to kindly ask you to DM us via social media channels with your Semrush account email so we can put the cons you've listed to the radar of our product teams. Thanks in advance!

Semrush is amazing!

Reviewed on 18/09/2023

Overall, I'd select Semrush over any other SEO platform or software. They consistently have been dependable and reliable.

Pros

Semrush is a fantastic SEO tool that is a jack of all trades. It is robust, yet intuitive and is not complex to learn or deploy.

Cons

Sometimes the amount of data and features can feel overwhelming. If you're able to focus your efforts and find the most meaningful tools and data for your organization within Semrush, this can easily be overcome.

Moz Pro and Screaming Frog SEO Spider

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

Semrush had all of the features we were looking for, and more, compared to competitors.
Zacharoula
  • Industry: Management Consulting
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Really useful tool

Reviewed on 19/05/2024

Pros

Comprehensive and powerful platform with extensive keyword research capabilities. It provides in-depth data and insights for keyword analysis along with metrics like search volume, keyword difficulty, and cost-per-click.

Cons

Overwhelming interface for beginners and limited customization.

Amanda
Amanda

Worth the purchase!!

Reviewed on 19/11/2019

If you run multiple websites and multiple social pages- this is absolutely the tool you need to invest in. ROI is completely possible from this tool if you dedicate enough time/effort to using it to the fullest. The SEO tools alone have proven awesome for us and the social poster tool is just the most convenient time-saver.

Pros

I use SEMrush daily for SEO on many sites and for posting on many social pages from one place. All of the SEO (site audits, keyword analyses, DEEP COMPETITOR ANALYSES) and social tools don't just make my job easier- they make me better. I get insights from SEMrush I wouldn't have otherwise had at my disposal. It is 100% possible to see ROI on this product.

Cons

I miss when it was free so many years ago, but C'est la Vie. Now that SEMrush is a paid platform, they also offer wayyyy more tools and they are constantly updating/adding features. They have a pretty responsive customer support, but I have had responses take 1-2 days to get back to me. However, I can't personally say that this response time has ever, in any way disrupted my flow of work and when I did have a more urgent issue they were great about helping me quickly.

Ariel

Excellent Marketing Software—Has Everything You Need

Reviewed on 29/05/2020

My overall experience with SEMRush is excellent. THere's a slight learning curve, as with most tools. But you get more value for your money. When you subscribe, you don't just have an SEO software; rather, you have access to the ultimate marketing toolkit.

Pros

What I liked most about SEMRush is its comprehensiveness as a marketing tool. Most people compare SEMRush as an SEO tool (for keyword research and backlinks). But it goes beyond that.

My favorite is the content marketing toolkit which is a suite of tools to help me beat the competition. It has all the tools you need to plan, research, execute and audit your content.

Once you have your awesome content, the next step is to distribute them. That's where its social media toolkit comes in. You can post, curate, and frequently publish (re-use) social media posts. Yes, that's right. No need for a separate social media scheduler.

Do you do link building? SEMRush also has its own link building tool built-in. You can perform all the "search operations" right within, which then plugs into a workflow where you can send out emails (from templates). It allows you to monitor everything inside one place. Pretty neat!

Cons

The one thing I didn't like is the setup process. I can't remember having some sort of onboarding experience (or maybe i just skipped it). I had to learn by going through other tutorials and help docs.

Another thing i didn't like was integrating with Google Analytics/Search Console. My experience is that i have to connect it once per tool. Instead of only doing it once, every tool has to be setup like this.

That said, it's still totally worth learning as it has pretty much everything you need.

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

I chose SEMRush primarily because of the content marketing toolkit. I write content on my own site plus for my clients. The tools help me speed up the research process while maintaining a relatively high quality.

Response from Semrush

Hi Ariel! Thanks for giving us such an awesome review! As for the setup process, you can request a free online demo and one of our representatives will conduct a walkthrough about all tools we have. We appreciate you enjoy using the tool, and will keep working on improvements!

Steve
Steve
  • Industry: Design

• Customer Support Software

All Your SEO Base Are Belong To Us!

Reviewed on 16/06/2020

Overall SEMRush is a super useful SEO toolkit worth every bit of praise it has received, including from the likes of [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] fame. My primary client switched from AHrefs at my request back to SEMRush.

Pros

SEMRush is a great hub for virtually every facet of SEO you can imagine - integrations for social media, analytics, search console, competitor research, the whole nine yards - that doesn't have too terribly steep of a learning curve.

Cons

SEMRush is prone to highlighting the "worst" part of a site on any given auto-generated email or scan based on the metrics its own scans find, and a lot of them are unnecessary scare-mongering. For example, it's normal to have redirects on a well developed site, but this will come through as "9% of your site's pages have redirects!" It can spook a client who doesn't know any better.

Reasons for Choosing Semrush

More features in SEMRush, fewer restrictions on usage.

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

Ease of use, new feature set, added integrations, fewer restrictions, and overall better user experience for both myself and my client.

Response from Semrush

Thank you so much for your great feedback, Steve! We really appreciate it. As for the Site Audit tool warnings, you can hide the checks that you think are irrelevant to your website using the eye button.

Susan

Great Product for SEO

Reviewed on 12/10/2020

Overall it is great and the software is really excacly what I need for doing my SEO work. . The support is awesome they get back to you quickly and are always ready to assist with any issues. Overall I say this the perfect software for SEO.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use, it makes my job much easier. I am able to get the info quickly send to trello for the team to work on some items and it's great for giving me ideas for keywords, content and article writing.

Cons

My only con for this item is the AMP and needing to have the highest plan to access the amp info. I am on the mid tier and I can't access the pages with Amp errors. Since AMP is so important right now I would think that info would start at the mid-tier level.

Reasons for Choosing Semrush

I just felt SEMRush was easier to use, give me what I am looking for and has useful suggestions.

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

I like the UI better and the information that was provided. I had a hard time getting around the other software.
Jay
Jay
  • Industry: Legal Services

Nice SEM tool to have

Reviewed on 20/11/2020

SEMrush is all rounder in terms of Search Engine Marketing tool. Interface is similar to Google Analytics and easy to use. They have rolled out couple of regular tool updates every year. Very helpful articles in Knowledge Base. They do have some advance SEO and PPC features but very limited in terms of data especially Backlink Audit. If someone from search marketing looking for one for all tool (SEO, PPC, Competition Analysis) then it's an good option. However, if someone looking for a special tool for a particular job such as Backlink analysis and acquisition then look for alternative tools.

Pros

Good UI (Similar to Google Analytics)
Feature rich
Easy to Use
Free trial period
Competitive Research

Cons

Backlink Audit is not showing all the links
Position Tracking a bit inaccurate
Log files doesn't support .log format

Reasons for Choosing Semrush

Broghtedge is a premium SEM tool. Enterprise Level and bit expensive.

BrightEdge

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

No free trial period with Ahrefs

Response from Semrush

Hi Jay, thank you for the detailed review! happy to know you enjoy the tools and are ready to recommend them. Please contact us at [email protected] for any question on the tools - we'll be happy to help you!

Julio

You can't drive blind

Reviewed on 20/05/2021

I admit to get the most out of SEMRush, I had to spend some time with it and I can tell you that after three years, I don't know all of it. Yet with all that complexity, you can get a project up and running and become useful in a matter of minutes.

Pros

Go deep into a URL and discover the good, bad and ugly of SEO on a project. There are very few platforms that hold up and deliver on the promises made. SEMRush is one. This one works and it works for my company.

Cons

Like any SEO platform we sometimes get false positive results and there never seems to be a rhyme or reason for it. But I am nit picking.

Reasons for Choosing Semrush

First off I had to jump back and forth between applications and sometimes you prefer to have things all under one hood. I still use the other tools mentioned but not nearly as much.

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

the look feel and initial presentation of the dashboard
Anuj
Anuj

comprehensive SEO Marketing Tool For Business Clients

Reviewed on 21/09/2021

Semrush is a comprehensive and easy to use marketing tool set that provides business owners and marketing managers with all the essential information they need. The magic of Semrush is that it allows to track our competitors' exact SEO strategies, read their back-links profile and see what keywords they are ranking for in the search engines. This way, we can easily replicate their results and outrank them by implementing these strategies Ourself.

Pros

Semrush is the all-in-one marketing tool for search optimization. It helps to find best opportunities on the Internet, beat our competitors and stay ahead of Google search. It is a powerful and versatile suite of marketing tools designed to help search engine marketers and webmasters drive traffic, generate leads, and monitor their digital marketing campaigns. The SEMrush pro edition enables to take our SEO efforts to the next level with access to more data for better keyword research, content marketing tracking, local rankings monitoring and more.

Cons

No issue faced, It is best competitive research tool allowing people to track their keywords' positions on search engines.

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

Semrush is cheapest than Ahrefs. Semrush is an all in one SEO tool that offers competitive research and website optimization. Not only we can track our own progress, but we can also analyze our competitors. Keep tabs on their backlinks, social media status, top performing keywords and much more.
Steven

SEMRush Rocks

Reviewed on 17/01/2022

Overall, I am happy and have found many uses for this software. I want better reporting for the nearly $230/month our small company pays though.

Pros

Support on the Rep side, instant data points with a single click, simple reporting

Cons

Some features have been removed with the price changes, mainly in the reporting section - Reporting is important in my industry and SEMRush has removed many of the options here for small business to take advantage of your reporting services due to the price point being too high on the "next level up."

Reasons for Choosing Semrush

Raven's reporting began to falter in places we needed it to become more robust for our clients, becoming more difficult overall.

Raven Tools

I can rely on the Google Data and compare in GA easily for tracking issues
Jonathan
  • Industry: Online Media

• Customer Support Software

One of the most complete tool for the entire marketing team

Reviewed on 11/08/2023

We are solving so many problems inside our marketing team thanks to Semrush. There is always something to do with the tool, whether it will be about improving our SEO, correcting technical mistakes, building our content strategy thanks to Topic Research or managing our social media platforms from the Social Media poster.

Pros

Overall, Semrush is really easy to use, whether we are talking about SEO, Content or Social Media toolsets. The diversity of features and the efficiency of each is a real plus since it can be used for many business cases and efficiently replace additional products in your toolset.

Cons

The only hiccup might be the accuracy of the SEO numbers, there are mostly estimations and even if you can base your SEO strategy on it, you have to be careful not to take it as the ultimate truth.

Response from Semrush

Hi Jonathan, Thank you for sharing your comprehensive feedback about SEMrush! We're thrilled that our tool has become an integral part of your marketing team's efforts. It's fantastic to hear that you find our features diverse and efficient across various aspects of marketing.
We appreciate your note about SEO accuracy—we're continually working to ensure our data is as accurate as possible.
If you ever need assistance or have further insights, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Jorge

#1 Agency Competitor and Market Analysis Tool

Reviewed on 28/12/2021

SEMrush allows me and my team to keep up to date with digital marketing trends, news, and content. When it comes to competitor and market research, SEMrush is my go-to digital strategy tool to perform this process in a timely and efficient manner.

Also, the keyword research tool makes my keyword planning more efficient and productive.

Pros

SEMrush has helped our onboarding process smoother and more efficient as we have available significant insights into our new client's market and competitive landscape. Having all this data available straight away allows to focus on higher-level tasks rather than investing much time in regular research activity.

Also, the resources section is the best. You guys show expertise through your courses and blogs.

Cons

I would suggest that there is a different sign-in scheme for agencies, for example, instead of signing in with one user, there should be an account type that allows an admin to grant user access to others while still being under the same plan. This will save time by not having to share credentials and keep resetting passwords.

SpyFu

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

SEMrush seemed to be more at the forefront of digital marketing trends and showed expertise with the resources available. Also, the onboarding experience was good.
Alex
Alex

• Customer Support Software

Invaluable marketing data all bundled into one uber-powerful tool

Reviewed on 19/12/2019

We can manage all of our clients from a central dashboard, receive reports when we want them and rarely ever need to step outside SEMrush to get actionable insights on SEO. Though you could argue one shouldn't put all the eggs in one basket with an SEO tool (and in certain cases you really can't), the alternative is to invest in other tools too, which begins to get ridiculously expensive and wasteful. However, a decent SEO expert will know where to go to provide a broader scope of analysis, and this CAN be achieved for free in many cases.

Ultimately, SEMrush is the Swiss Army Knife of SEO tools; it does almost everything you could need, and they provide plenty of training through their Academy to get you used to it all. Time and patience with SEMrush now will save far more time in the future, and the subscription will certainly pay for itself many times over.

In fact, insights and actions we've been able to take using the data on SEMrush has led to us gaining more clients over the years, simply because an exisiting client has referred us on based on out success with them.

Learn the tools, and you won't be disappointed!

Pros

- The sheer amount of power at your fingertips - there are tools for every need, whether you're an SEO or a marketer - the level of data is incredible.
- Their Keyword Magic Tool for finding related keywords has saved us countless hours of head-scratching.
- Excellent citation management - honestly, being able to update SERPs on SEMrush, then have those changes syndicated to all the major listings online is a huge time and headache saver! It's extra per client, per month (only $20), but it's worth every penny - it costs the client more in our time to do it all manually!
- Their auditing tools are second-to-none, whether it's backlinks, on-page SEO or tech SEO - their insights go deep and their suggestions on how to fix issues are extremely well explained
- Competitor analytics go hand-in-hand with their backlink building tools, suggesting the best sites to obtain quality backlinks from based on what your competitors are getting - again, hours and hours saved!

Cons

Only a couple, considering everything it does, but being picky:
- The price can mount up if you have a lot of clients and want to take advantage of all their tools (though the convenience should overcome most of this reservation)
- It takes some time to get used to - there's SO much on offer, that it can be a little overwhelming at first. It's easy to use, though because it's so powerful, finding everything can be tricky with so much going on sometimes

Laura
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Comprehensive & reliable SEO tool

Reviewed on 12/10/2020

Pros

It's a great tool for doing keyword research and for tracking keyword visibility across a number of projects. This is the main reason why we are using this product, so that we can monitor and report on the evolution of our website's visibility across our targeted keywords.

Cons

1) I don't like the fact that even with the Business subscription, there's only one user that can access the software at one time. I think there should be at least 2 users added to the Business account.

2) In the Keyword research section, it would be good to see an actual trend of the keywords that are being displayed (not just a trend chart) and to see this trend displayed in percentages (e.g. 10% growth in search volume MoM)

3) In the SERP analysis section, it would be good to see the SERP exactly as it is shown in Google or other search engines, with meta titles, with featured snippets, with PPA boxes etc. The more detailed information we can have in the SERP section, the better.

4) In the Topic Research section, it would be useful to have the option to save cards and view them later

SEOmonitor

Overall, better value.

Response from Semrush

Hi Laura, thank you so much for your review! We are happy to know you enjoy SEMrush tools. And thank you so much for the detailed feedback on the features - it is very appreciated and I will pass it to the teams!

• Industry: Computer Hardware

An SEO platform that grows in strength and capability

Reviewed on 03/03/2022

After almost a decade of using SEMrush, I can't recommend it highly enough. For a serious marketing research, it should be an essential component. There are many different types of data available in SEMrush. Being able to turn data into actionable KPIs is essential. SEMrush provides you with the information you need to make wise decisions and to do so daily. When it comes to creating a website, there are a lot of moving parts. With so many data points, creating a visual model is essential if you want to use the information proactively. SEMrush gives me the tools I need to improve the performance, speed, and intelligence of my websites.

Pros

Any software has both internal and external benefits. On the exterior, I like to see good design, good navigation, and a good rate of work. It has one of the largest keyword databases among similar tools, as well as all the essential configurations like keyword magic tools that allow you to add stop words and all the other features that a current SEO tool should have. To keep our SEM and SEO teams in touch, we use SEMrush to get a lot of information regarding keywords, technical, and competition data. When we first started using SEMrush, we utilized it as an "add-on" to other products, but now it is our primary tool. SEMrush's API access is just another perk of an enterprise-level subscription. In addition, we use the organic research tool a lot to learn about our domain as well as our competitors'. While researching their competition and the market, the SEM team makes use of the "Competitive Intelligence Add-On" offered by SEMrush to gather information.

Cons

A lot of expertise and attention is required because the product's UI is so simple to use. A class of keywords may be necessary if you are new to digital marketing or SEO. Ultimately, it's not a huge problem. SEMrush has one flaw that irked me. At any given moment, you can only have one account open in your browser. When someone else logs in using the same account as you, you can't get back in.

Response from Semrush

Hello there! Thank you very much for your detailed review & for sharing your concerns. In our ToS, we state that each account allows limited number of devices and locations for simultaneous login - otherwise, our security system is triggered since more logins could mean unauthorised access. To prevent third parties from accessing your data, the account is logged out and you will have to restore the password.

Muzamil

• Customer Support Software

Powerful SEO tool with great capabilities

Reviewed on 21/07/2022

We wanted a tool that can help us fill in our gaps in the industry on the side of SEO, SEMRUSH has helped us to optimize all our on-site pages, off-site and technical SEOs for the website. The tool helps in conducting keyword analysis and compares us with others in the market.

Pros

The platform is great for many things such as website audit, link building, conducting backlink analysis, finding the keyword and backlinks gap, conducting competitive analysis, and finding the correct keywords for website optimization and website analytics.

Cons

Too many features can confuse the starters, and do require proper induction and training to be able to utilize everything within the platform. SEMRUSH only focuses on Google rankings, it would have been great to see other search engines too (Yahoo, bing, safari, etc).

And it is a bit pricey and if one needs every feature then Guru gets more expensive.

Response from Semrush

Thanks for using our tool to fill in all the SEO data you could need! With over 55+ tools, we understand it can be a lot. We have created resources in our Knowledge Base and have links to "User Manual" in most of our tools. When you first sign up for an account, we can provide you with a live demo which will help make the interface easier to navigate :)

Patrick
Patrick

Best Digital Marketing Tool That Helps To Create Website Analysis Report

Reviewed on 15/04/2023

The Semrush is a great tool to analyze, track and improve website the performance. With the help of its intuitive interface, we can easily access data related to organic traffic, keyword rankings, backlinks and many other important SEO metrics. We can also use tools such as Site Audit and Position Tracking to better understand how their website is performing in search results. In addition to providing detailed analytics data on a company’s current performance We can also get insights into areas where improvements need to be made by leveraging reports such as Competitor Research & Analysis or Keyword Research & Discovery. All of these features are easy to navigate which makes them perfect for any size business from small startups all the way up through enterprise level companies who rely heavily on SEO optimization. Semrush even allows agencies with multiple clients manage their accounts with ease thanks to flexible pricing tiers that include white labeling options so each client's account looks like it belongs exclusively with them rather than being managed by an outside agency at first glance. This helps build trust between both parties which ultimately leads to better long-term relationships. Overall, Semrush provides an excellent user experience for anyone looking for comprehensive services when it comes time develop and optimize an effective digital marketing strategy that includes a strong focus on search engine optimization.

Pros

SEMrush is a powerful digital marketing tool that offers a wide range of features to help businesses improve their online presence. One of the biggest pros of SEMrush is its ability to provide valuable insights into a business's SEO and PPC campaigns, as well as their competitors'. With SEMrush, users can conduct in-depth keyword research, track keyword rankings, and analyze their website's backlinks. Additionally, SEMrush offers a comprehensive social media management tool, allowing users to schedule posts, track engagement, and monitor their competitors' social media activity. Another benefit of SEMrush is its intuitive user interface, making it easy for even novice users to navigate and make use of its features. SEMrush also offers customizable reporting, allowing users to create and share reports tailored to their specific needs. Overall, SEMrush is a versatile and powerful tool that can greatly benefit businesses looking to improve their digital marketing efforts.

Cons

Users can track website's performance and gain valuable insights into their competitors' strategies. We can also find best keywords for business traffic.

Response from Semrush

Hi there. Thank you so much for the extensive review! We're glad our tool has been a valuable asset in analyzing and improving website performance. Our user-friendly interface provides easy access to crucial SEO metrics like organic traffic, keyword rankings, and backlinks. With features like Site Audit and Position Tracking, you can gain insights into your search performance. Whether you're a small startup or a big enterprise, Semrush has you covered. Thanks for being part of our journey, and feel free to reach out if you need any support!