Semrush

4.7 (1,973)
SaaS solution for online content marketing

(1,973)

Alfred
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Commendable Tool for Content Marketing and SEO

Reviewed on 13/10/2022

As a content creator, Semrush has been of help to me. I can use it to research and find the best keywords when creating content for my website and for clients. I can also spy on competitors' content strategies, and this helps to find their best-performing content.

Pros

Semrush is a great tool for content marketing and SEO. From Keyword research, and backlink building to your competitor's content research, and many more. You can also audit your website and get recommendations to improve the content. And this improves search rankings.

Cons

The software has many features and can be confusing. You cannot focus on one task at the right time.

Manuel Ángel

• Customer Support Software

Semrush is an amazing SEO tool that has helped me improve my website's ranking in search...

Reviewed on 31/10/2022

Overall, I am very pleased with Semrush. They offer a great suite of tools for SEO specialists, and I have had success using their tools to improve my clients' search engine rankings. In particular, I have found their Keyword Research tool to be very helpful in identifying high-value keywords, and their Site Audit tool to be invaluable in identifying and fixing on-site SEO issues.If you need a reliable seo specialist who can help you make your website popular among search engines, then you can consider hiring Semrush as your seo specialist. The company has been providing its services to many companies and has been successful in increasing the traffic and ranking of these websites. The company is also capable of providing its clients with customized reports so that they can track the progress of their website.

Pros

It is easy to use and has a lot of features that help me track my progress and find new keywords to target. The best part is that it is affordable and has a great customer support team.I use semrush for my SEO projects and I think it is a great tool for research and recommendation. I particularly like the ability to do a side-by-side analysis of multiple domains to see what is working for them and what is not.

Cons

There is very little that I didn't like about Semrush. However, if I had to choose one thing, it would be that the software can be a little overwhelming at first. There is a lot of information and data available, which can make it difficult to know where to start.

Soubhik
  • Industry: Online Media

• Customer Support Software

Not customer friendly, limited usability

Reviewed on 08/11/2022

Good features, but pathetic policies and robbing people by suspending account when you've already paid for it? Downright cheating.

Pros

Good data insights on keywords and on competitive intelligence. Easy to crawl websites with the SEMRush search crawler and perform site audits as needed, and SEMRush offers considerably more pages per audit to search compared to some of its competitors. Easy to sort out keywords as needed as well, and extra functionality like on-page SEO checkers make this a good on-page SEO tool as well.

Cons

What's the use of offering 500 on-page credits a month, content gap analysis, keyword tracking and so many more features - if you can't use any of them? While SEMRush does tier stacking, and offers more features if you go to their Pro plan or the Guru plan. What it does not? Offer enough time for you to use it.Even if someone logs out from one PC and logs in to the account from another, SEMRush disables your account. It's not possible for a single person to work and access all the features given, and yet, even if you don't have multiple working at the same time, they want you to pay extra for every laptop that gets logged in. It's not like we had multiple people working together. SEMRush doesn't allow even two people at different time slots to log in and work.WOW! And that's not all - they disable the account that you paid for, for policy violations if you dont. Unethical, and corrupt.

WebCEO and Ahrefs

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

Seemed more comprehensive range of features.

Response from Semrush

Hi Soubhik, thanks for your review! We want our software to be accessible to all, which is why we offer the free plan; we're glad you're able to leverage it for your business!
Collecting and filtering the data for all of our tools comes at a high cost to us, especially when we offer the most accurate data on the market! We've competitively priced ourselves in the market based on the accuracy and amount of data across our 55+ tools. Our team would be happy to talk with you more about your options to join our paid plans to increase your limits and tool access!
In our ToS, we state that each account allows limited number of devices and locations for simultaneous login. Otherwise, our security system is triggered since more logins could mean unauthorized access. To prevent third parties from accessing your data, the account is logged out and you will have to restore the password.
Hope this helps!

Khan Md Mohaiuminul Islam

• Customer Support Software

Keyword research made easy!

Reviewed on 10/09/2022

For my blog i was hesitating with keywords, when i input some ideas, it provides a tons of related keyword and ranked website address plus what they are targeting .

After several day , i get myself in good position of planning.

I can easily find informative and commercial keyword and see the difficulties.
Even i can get full report of some competition websites, by analysis them i can easily made the roadmap for my blog.

Pros

I mainly use semruah for keyword research.
As a blogger picking best keyword is my priority.
Semrush is the top notch app for this work.
With the question keyword i can make tons of new article and provide quality articles to user.
User friendly interface and have lots of tools you can do seo for your blog.

My experiment with other tools ongoing, as soon as i get result i will share.

One thing they improve continuously, they upgrade themselves continuously.

Cons

First time when i login, it gives tons of information to me, as a beginner its hard to follow up.
Luckily they have good customer support, after discussing with them able to solve most of the major problem.

Response from Semrush

This is a fantastic review! Thanks so much for sharing how to use leverage Semrush for your digital strategies.
With over 55 tools, we understand that it is a lot to take in. We have plenty of resources to help make our platform more digestible—we're happy you've found your way around Semrush! :)

Mauricio

The most complete SEO tool on the market right now

Reviewed on 08/11/2022

After using Semrush I've tried a few more similar platforms but really there's nothing like it. One of the best things of Semrush it's the Keyword Magic Tool, it's very fast, easy to use, easy to understand and above all you got a bigger database of keywords than what other platforms offer.

Pros

Semrush has ALL the data and tools that you need in order to rank your pages, it even helps you with social media or the local packages. Also they're implementing new tools each year and improving the "old" ones.

Cons

The only possible con that Semrush could have is on their pricing, if you want all the tools avaible to you then it's gonna cost you a lot, but in the end thats the price for the most professional and complete SEO/SEM platform, it's worth it if you have the money.

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

Semrush looks more complete for all the needs of our projects (e.g. it includes the Social Media Marketing tool).
Arika
  • Industry: Financial Services Software
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

The oldest and most reliable SEO tool

Reviewed on 25/10/2022

SEMRush is a very useful multi-purpose SEO tool that can help you track backlinks, research new keywords, and do technical SEO audit.

Pros

1. SEMRush has a very huge database of keywords for research2. Well explained reporting and a seamless user flow3. API integrations are available to pull the data to the required database

Cons

The tool is very expensive and hence not everyone can afford it.

Mohammed
  • Industry: Furniture
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Easy to Use & The Best in The SEO Market

Reviewed on 06/10/2022

Pros

I remember while I was just starting my company website and being in a very competitive market like Moving Company it was very hard to rank and I didn't know anything about SEO and i came across a blog where he mentioned the SEMrush it was the day I signed up to SEMrush and I added my project and in matter of minutes it pulled out so so much information I couldn't imagine and this where I came to familiarize with power of content and Backlinks. The recommendations are so powerful you can literally optimize everything. If I need a new keyword that is easy to rank SEMrush is there to pull the best traffic keywords with minimal competition, the keyword tracking toll is my best thing, Semrush gives me my rank tracking everyday. If my website's health is poor it give me the right medicine for my website to make it running smoothly and helping my business grow even better.

Cons

Sometimes the information I get is way more than i need, and sometime suggestions are super helpful and sometimes it's somehow difficult to digest.

Response from Semrush

It's wonderful to hear how impactful our tools were in getting your website and digital strategies on the right track!
We have plenty of free resources in our blog, Semrush Academy, and how-to articles that can advance your understanding of the data in our tools. Hope this helps!

Donatien

• Customer Support Software

Good tool for referencing and managing backlinks

Reviewed on 24/10/2022

In general, the SEMRUSH tool is great for people who want to grow their community

Pros

Easy analysis of sites and detection of all SEO problems.

Cons

The price is too high for people who are new to this tool

Response from Semrush

Thanks for using our SEO tools in your workflow, Donatien! We want to make marketers' lives easier, so it's awesome to hear we're doing that for you :)
Your feedback about pricing is appreciated; we've competitively priced ourselves in the market based on the accuracy and amount of data across our 55+ tools. That is why we created a 3 tier-system to provide options for those at all stages in their marketing journey.
Wishing you the best!

Katya

Great Software for Customer Research / Analytics

Reviewed on 17/11/2022

Semrush is amazing for getting to know your customers. Being able to see exact searches made on Google from our audience is very valuable and they have options for every part of the marketing journey, from social media to SEO and article writing.

Pros

I have used this software for a variety of reasons over the years. First, it was for social media topics and now it is for SEO and customer search research to get to know exactly what our audience is searching for online. It has been a tremendous help and is the next best thing to asking them face to face.

Cons

I found there to be a bit of a learning curve because there are just so many features and you need to learn how to get the most out of each one. It's a good problem to have, though, and support is available to help if needed.

Serpstat

BuzzSumo
Muzamil

• Customer Support Software

Powerful SEO tool with great capabilities

Reviewed on 21/07/2022

We wanted a tool that can help us fill in our gaps in the industry on the side of SEO, SEMRUSH has helped us to optimize all our on-site pages, off-site and technical SEOs for the website. The tool helps in conducting keyword analysis and compares us with others in the market.

Pros

The platform is great for many things such as website audit, link building, conducting backlink analysis, finding the keyword and backlinks gap, conducting competitive analysis, and finding the correct keywords for website optimization and website analytics.

Cons

Too many features can confuse the starters, and do require proper induction and training to be able to utilize everything within the platform. SEMRUSH only focuses on Google rankings, it would have been great to see other search engines too (Yahoo, bing, safari, etc).

And it is a bit pricey and if one needs every feature then Guru gets more expensive.

Response from Semrush

Thanks for using our tool to fill in all the SEO data you could need! With over 55+ tools, we understand it can be a lot. We have created resources in our Knowledge Base and have links to "User Manual" in most of our tools. When you first sign up for an account, we can provide you with a live demo which will help make the interface easier to navigate :)

Rania

• Customer Support Software

Maximize your online visibility with the greatest end-to-end SEO, SEM, and SMM platform.

Reviewed on 08/07/2022

We have saved an incredible amount of hours since the day I started to use Semrush, It provides us with all of the statistical data we really need to maximize our search engine visibility and to achieve the highest results in our PPC campaigns and paid advertising across search engines and social media marketing too. I cannot imagine how search engine marketers used to work without the information and statistics we collect from Semrush and websites like it, since Google doesn't provide us with enough information. I consider Semrush the most important factor in driving thousands and even millions of visitors to your website every day, and to escalating exponential online growth and traffic maximization to boost organic rankings, sales, social shares/mentions, and digital engagement.

Pros

Semrush is my favourite end-to-end SEO platform with a comprehensive end-to-end feature-rich toolset to fulfil your SEO, SEM, and SMM. Some of the greatest Pros of Semrush and the reason why I really appreciate their efforts and that I never needed to switch to an alternative is because it has the most powerful tools for keyword research, competitive intelligence, link-building, organic position tracking, and prospecting high domain-authority websites for a potential digital PR opportunity to build and maintain a strong online reputation through link-building to drive more traffic and achieve broader brand-awareness. I have been implementing Semrush for my clients for over 4 years and since that day until now, while new services come and go, nothing has been as comprehensive as Semrush and no other tool has the deep analysis and the insightful reporting capabilities it has. I cannot explain the great, exceptional results I've achieved for my clients during the past four years by only using Semrush.

Cons

One critical issue I have been facing with Semrush for 4 years, since day one, until now, is the lack of an Arabic database for the Middle East region. This is a huge mistake by them, and I don't understand how come they still didn't take any action regarding it. This leads me to use another tool from their rivals for our Middle Eastern clients with no international presence strategy. One another super annoying bug that most of the people I invited to Semrush have mentioned, including my existing clients, is when trying to sign-up for the trial and the payment keeps failing until he decides to purchase, then it works! I mentioned this bug to them one year ago, but until now it was still happening.

Response from Semrush

We are grateful to be an essential part of your marketing strategies, Rania! As always, we appreciate your feedback about our Arabic databases.
With a tool as large as ours, our development team backlog adds up quickly. We will ensure to share your feedback with them to put a little more steam behind it. Wishing you the best!

Sam

My CRITICAL Tool for All Things SEO

Reviewed on 02/05/2022

I love it. I made a decision years ago to go with Semrush as my #1 tool for SEO and I have not regretted that decision at all.

Pros

I love how they are constantly adding new and very helpful tools as well as data to their platform. I feel like the value continues to grow as I use the platform.

Cons

There are a few things that I wish didn't cost extra to use.... such as the Agency platform.

Moz Local and Ahrefs

Reasons for Choosing Semrush

I also was using the main Moz SEO product. I felt like the tools did similar things, but Semrush offered more, so there was no use in using them both.

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

I also was using the main Moz SEO product. The Semrush tool just seemed to do everything that these other tools did, plus more, and was continuing to improve.
Eric
  • Industry: Automotive

SEMrush is a must-have

Reviewed on 27/04/2022

The overall experience has been extremely helpful & positive. This has helped us launch additional products & services for our customers and deliver exceptional value.

Pros

Great access to data, the new Trends report is a nice feature. Ranking & benchmarking are great and the ability to manage all facets of the search campaigns from each project is very helpful. The resource library and certifications are great as well.

Cons

- Limited customizations of the reports (more pre-set templates/galleries would be nice & the ability to make changes to all reports in a group at once would help)
- An aggregate dashboard would be helpful (to see the performance of all locations within an organization)
- Each individual data set should be exportable into a PDF - or the ability to add a performance metric/visualization to the reports by adding it as a widget to the reporting library)

Response from Semrush

Hey Eric! Thank you for sharing your experience; we're more than happy to know that the overall experience with Semrush has been extremely helpful & positive. We want to kindly ask you to DM us via social media channels with your Semrush account email so we can put the cons you've listed to the radar of our product teams. Thanks in advance!

• Industry: Computer Hardware

An SEO platform that grows in strength and capability

Reviewed on 03/03/2022

After almost a decade of using SEMrush, I can't recommend it highly enough. For a serious marketing research, it should be an essential component. There are many different types of data available in SEMrush. Being able to turn data into actionable KPIs is essential. SEMrush provides you with the information you need to make wise decisions and to do so daily. When it comes to creating a website, there are a lot of moving parts. With so many data points, creating a visual model is essential if you want to use the information proactively. SEMrush gives me the tools I need to improve the performance, speed, and intelligence of my websites.

Pros

Any software has both internal and external benefits. On the exterior, I like to see good design, good navigation, and a good rate of work. It has one of the largest keyword databases among similar tools, as well as all the essential configurations like keyword magic tools that allow you to add stop words and all the other features that a current SEO tool should have. To keep our SEM and SEO teams in touch, we use SEMrush to get a lot of information regarding keywords, technical, and competition data. When we first started using SEMrush, we utilized it as an "add-on" to other products, but now it is our primary tool. SEMrush's API access is just another perk of an enterprise-level subscription. In addition, we use the organic research tool a lot to learn about our domain as well as our competitors'. While researching their competition and the market, the SEM team makes use of the "Competitive Intelligence Add-On" offered by SEMrush to gather information.

Cons

A lot of expertise and attention is required because the product's UI is so simple to use. A class of keywords may be necessary if you are new to digital marketing or SEO. Ultimately, it's not a huge problem. SEMrush has one flaw that irked me. At any given moment, you can only have one account open in your browser. When someone else logs in using the same account as you, you can't get back in.

Response from SEMrush

Hello there! Thank you very much for your detailed review & for sharing your concerns. In our ToS, we state that each account allows limited number of devices and locations for simultaneous login - otherwise, our security system is triggered since more logins could mean unauthorised access. To prevent third parties from accessing your data, the account is logged out and you will have to restore the password.

Max
  • Industry: Consumer Services

A Must Have Tool For Marketers

Reviewed on 17/01/2022

I have been using Semrush for over two years now and I cannot imagine my professional life without it. It is a really basic but essential part of our marketing growth.

Pros

The ease of use and the simplicity of the UX are unparalleled to other tools out there. The depth of features is also great and I love the fact that it does such a good training job to make things easy.

Cons

The reports and downloads are not too customizable which adds an extra layer of effort.

Reasons for Choosing Semrush

Ahrefs was too complicated and not user-friendly. There was a much bigger learning curve.

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

Semrush was the cheaper alternative and simple enough to use and train staff on.
Steven

SEMRush Rocks

Reviewed on 17/01/2022

Overall, I am happy and have found many uses for this software. I want better reporting for the nearly $230/month our small company pays though.

Pros

Support on the Rep side, instant data points with a single click, simple reporting

Cons

Some features have been removed with the price changes, mainly in the reporting section - Reporting is important in my industry and SEMRush has removed many of the options here for small business to take advantage of your reporting services due to the price point being too high on the "next level up."

Reasons for Choosing Semrush

Raven's reporting began to falter in places we needed it to become more robust for our clients, becoming more difficult overall.

Raven Tools

I can rely on the Google Data and compare in GA easily for tracking issues
Kevin

The Standard for SEO Project Management

Reviewed on 17/01/2022

I am very happy with the power that Semrush provides for managing, aggregating and reporting on SEO and related digital data. This is a top-tier offering in the space and has shown continual improvements and innovation over the years. I will continue to support and use Semrush in our business practice.

Pros

Semrush continues to evolve and improve their software which is good news for SEO practitioners. The platform contains a LOT of features, many of which you may not ever require. Because it is feature rich, there is a learning curve that goes with using the software. But once you have that understanding in hand, Semrush offers great value for SEO and related digital marketing services.

Cons

Many new elements of the platform feel under baked. Have to pay to use each feature feels disingenuous...do I get no acknowledgement of using the software for over five years now? It would be nice to "test drive" new functions to determine if they offer value in the process. Having to pull out a credit card continually to add more data, or additional users, or test new features can bloat the price tag for Semrush considerably. Finally, having to reach out to Customer Service each time to you need to reconfigure your services is unnecessary in this era of SaaS -- improve the backend account management tool so users can "see" what they are paying for, please.

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

primarily data sources, data volume and reporting customization.
Robert

Semrush is the critical

Reviewed on 17/01/2022

SEMRUSH dramatically changed how we do business from a marketing standpoint. The marketing insight into our competitors is something we analyze daily.

Pros

The feature that impacted our business was the keyword research capabilities. This has solved the major rework problem when you find yourself chasing a bad keyword down a rabbit whole of frustration and time lot. Semrush solve this problem.

Cons

Hope for more content marketing features like the SEMRUSH version of their jarvisa.ai. SEMRUSH needs to build a similar tool and challenge the Jarvis community and charge 1/2 the price. This would give them more of a marketing edge

Reasons for Choosing Semrush

Cheaper and had more features

Price and product capabilities

Solid all-in-one for marketers

Reviewed on 11/01/2022

Pros

Semrush offers pretty much everything you need to handle digital marketing and SEO. The feature-set is massive, from social posting and link disavowals to site health.

Cons

Semrush is a pretty classic "all-in-one" – jack of all trades, master of none. We routinely have to look at specialist software to get REALLY deep in any one area, but Semrush easily covers the 30-, 20- and 15,000-foot views.

Reasons for Choosing Semrush

SpyFu wasn't meeting our needs anymore. The UX was superior in its simplicity, but the features just weren't there anymore.

SpyFu

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

Semrush offers more features for less money.

Response from SEMrush

Hello! Thank you for your feedback! We were happy to know that our tool saved you some time.

Jorge

#1 Agency Competitor and Market Analysis Tool

Reviewed on 28/12/2021

SEMrush allows me and my team to keep up to date with digital marketing trends, news, and content. When it comes to competitor and market research, SEMrush is my go-to digital strategy tool to perform this process in a timely and efficient manner.

Also, the keyword research tool makes my keyword planning more efficient and productive.

Pros

SEMrush has helped our onboarding process smoother and more efficient as we have available significant insights into our new client's market and competitive landscape. Having all this data available straight away allows to focus on higher-level tasks rather than investing much time in regular research activity.

Also, the resources section is the best. You guys show expertise through your courses and blogs.

Cons

I would suggest that there is a different sign-in scheme for agencies, for example, instead of signing in with one user, there should be an account type that allows an admin to grant user access to others while still being under the same plan. This will save time by not having to share credentials and keep resetting passwords.

SpyFu

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

SEMrush seemed to be more at the forefront of digital marketing trends and showed expertise with the resources available. Also, the onboarding experience was good.
Anuj

comprehensive SEO Marketing Tool For Business Clients

Reviewed on 21/09/2021

Semrush is a comprehensive and easy to use marketing tool set that provides business owners and marketing managers with all the essential information they need. The magic of Semrush is that it allows to track our competitors' exact SEO strategies, read their back-links profile and see what keywords they are ranking for in the search engines. This way, we can easily replicate their results and outrank them by implementing these strategies Ourself.

Pros

Semrush is the all-in-one marketing tool for search optimization. It helps to find best opportunities on the Internet, beat our competitors and stay ahead of Google search. It is a powerful and versatile suite of marketing tools designed to help search engine marketers and webmasters drive traffic, generate leads, and monitor their digital marketing campaigns. The SEMrush pro edition enables to take our SEO efforts to the next level with access to more data for better keyword research, content marketing tracking, local rankings monitoring and more.

Cons

No issue faced, It is best competitive research tool allowing people to track their keywords' positions on search engines.

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

Semrush is cheapest than Ahrefs. Semrush is an all in one SEO tool that offers competitive research and website optimization. Not only we can track our own progress, but we can also analyze our competitors. Keep tabs on their backlinks, social media status, top performing keywords and much more.
Yassine

• Customer Support Software

A real tresor of Content marketing strategy tool!

Reviewed on 04/09/2021

In my experience in getting accurate data, I always need to utilize the right instrument. My approach's success depends on the correctness of the data i'm willing to collet, insights, and intelligence. For keyword research, backlink analysis, and competitor analysis, Semrush was a critical choice and so the right tool. To get results, I'm always searching for trustworthy data and actionable insights. That what makes Semrush my go-to tool for content research and optimization. As such, an SEO strategy must be comprehensive.

Pros

When it comes to search engine optimization, digital marketing, and business intelligence, Semrush is the one-stop solution for all of your requirements. Semrush allows me to get a better understanding of my customers or targets' demographics, such as their age, gender, and location, so that I can provide them with the most appropriate products and services.
Day after day I'm more and more surprised to learn that spamming backlinks might do more harm than good to my search engine rankings. The Semrush Backlink Audit tool was the best assist for me in identifying and removing them, as well as a variety of other harmful elements.
IMO all options are reasonably priced, with the exception of the Semrush Pro plan, which is prohibitively expensive for small and medium-sized businesses.

Cons

The product's friendly UI takes some expertise and awareness. Beginning SEO and digital marketing learners might take a cours on technical keywords, but overall it's not that big of a problem. What I didn't like the most about Semrush is that you can only log into one account at a time. However, if you share it and someone else logs in with the same account, the original user loses access. It would be nice if Semrush could fix this issue and notify any future users of unauthorized access.

Serpstat and Searchmetrics Suite

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

In my point of view, Semrush does more than just help you analyze your competitors. Semrush can assist you in conducting competitive research. It enables you to do competition research on your competitors. In essence, it discovers all websites that perform well for related keywords and provides an accurate estimate of traffic for the top 20 keywords that each of these websites uses. You will not an all in one tool but Semrush.
Naz

Swiss Army Knife of SEO Tools

Reviewed on 16/07/2021

Overall I'd say an 8 out of 10. Customer service is good, the tools are powerful and data-rich and help me make powerful conclusions.

Pros

The UX, range of tools and insights are great. This is a really powerful tool. I love the projects and the ability to manage backlinks and cleanups. The content management is very nifty too!

Cons

I dislike the fact you've to spend $100 dollars per month to get white label SEO reports. Also, I'm not too keen on the sales guys pushing new deals and not supporting old deals (a few friends have experienced this). Previous I wanted to upgrade to an annual plan and essentially I'd lose some of the benefits I had, that didn't make sense.

Moz Local and Ahrefs

This is a richer tool

Majestic

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

Value for money, functionality and dashboard at the time of sign up.

Response from SEMrush

Hello! Thank you for sharing your feedback! The revised pricing model includes either new features or alters additional to main tier product's prices. However, we always value our loyal customers and provide them with the unique opportunity to stay on the same level of subscription for the same price! - Ed

Julio

You can't drive blind

Reviewed on 20/05/2021

I admit to get the most out of SEMRush, I had to spend some time with it and I can tell you that after three years, I don't know all of it. Yet with all that complexity, you can get a project up and running and become useful in a matter of minutes.

Pros

Go deep into a URL and discover the good, bad and ugly of SEO on a project. There are very few platforms that hold up and deliver on the promises made. SEMRush is one. This one works and it works for my company.

Cons

Like any SEO platform we sometimes get false positive results and there never seems to be a rhyme or reason for it. But I am nit picking.

Moz and Ahrefs

Reasons for Choosing Semrush

First off I had to jump back and forth between applications and sometimes you prefer to have things all under one hood. I still use the other tools mentioned but not nearly as much.

Moz and Ahrefs

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

the look feel and initial presentation of the dashboard
Vasilis

Rank with Semrush

Reviewed on 23/02/2021

Let's suppose you have a blog. You are adding information and content, but you have no traffic and no idea where you exist in search engines.
Semrush TOGETHER with a SEO Optimiser like Yoast SEO and better with Gramarly, will give you immediately a 'map' where you rank and what to do.
This is a good tool, not so many 'how to do SEO' articles like Ahrefs, but really OK.
However - don't expect to see results fast. You will be happy to see that your page exist in google, even in top 20 for a keyword, your rank grow from 0.16 to 0.17 , and your estimated traffic is 0.002 visits / month!

Pros

Semrush has a huge database for keyword search. However, there are many cases the Magic Keyword Tool doesn't bring results even for not-so-long-tail or unusual keywords.
If you want to rank your website fast this is a correct tool with reasonable price. Daily reports show your best ranking pages. Then you can fine-tune text to help your best pages to go up in Google Top 3,10,20 and top 100.
That can be done further with other tools like Yoast Seo. There are some features inside Semrush but much more expensive so I didn't try them.
Semrush is giving you as many crawls as you want a serious edge above competition.
A newer feature are proposed ideas to rank better. Although in my cases, most of the proposals are not realistic, they are good as guideline and some are applicable. At the end, these are suggestions, not an autopilot system to rank.
As usual you have to know your business.
Another important feature is backlink builder, proposing you thousands of sites to build your links based from the backlinks of your competitors.
I can definitely tell you that most of those proposed links are really impossible to build. Either coming from friends, or from advertorials or irrelevant sites. But again this is a positive list you may filter and use.
Here is an internal "organiser'" allowing you to mark whatever you consider important, and the way to build your backling ie, call owner, post comment etc.
There are many features, even in the starter plan 99$+vat / montly

Cons

Daily reports are giving errors that are not errors and someone needs to know the site well to understand .
There is also a robots.txt report error, that I found it was not really an error of the site.
The Keyword Difficulty tool, is impressive but (in my case ) never gave me a useful information.
That is becasue, the 'easy to rank ' keywords, don't have traffic.
The keywords with traffic are all red - practically impossible to rank
And the middle list of medium difficulty is empty - not even long tail words are there.
That is a serious problem with the tool.