Showing 1,325 reviews of 1,326

Semrush

SaaS solution for online content marketing

4.7 /5 (1326 reviews) Write a Review!

Showing 1,325 reviews of 1,326
Joseph O.

esyn review

Reviewed on 19/02/2021

It's ok, best if you read my 'cons' section.

Pros

How extensive the features are. I haven't even been able to use everything they offer.

Cons

There are so many features here I feel lost. Unfortunately, I have never had someone from sem rush reach out and ask if me or my team needed help. When I upgraded I was promised a 'class' for my team of some sort but never heard back. If I ever became frustrated, this could cause me to give up and go elsewhere.

Steve P.
  • Industry: Design

• Customer Support Software

All Your SEO Base Are Belong To Us!

Reviewed on 16/06/2020

Overall SEMRush is a super useful SEO toolkit worth every bit of praise it has received, including from the likes of [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] fame. My primary client switched from AHrefs at my request back to SEMRush.

Pros

SEMRush is a great hub for virtually every facet of SEO you can imagine - integrations for social media, analytics, search console, competitor research, the whole nine yards - that doesn't have too terribly steep of a learning curve.

Cons

SEMRush is prone to highlighting the "worst" part of a site on any given auto-generated email or scan based on the metrics its own scans find, and a lot of them are unnecessary scare-mongering. For example, it's normal to have redirects on a well developed site, but this will come through as "9% of your site's pages have redirects!" It can spook a client who doesn't know any better.

Response from SEMrush

Thank you so much for your great feedback, Steve! We really appreciate it. As for the Site Audit tool warnings, you can hide the checks that you think are irrelevant to your website using the eye button.

Shirley W.

Best SEO Marketing Tool

Reviewed on 03/06/2020

I have been using SEMRush for a number of years now, and with so much else going on it provides a lot of features, news, and training that helps to make my life a lot easier - I wish I had more time to get fully immersed in the tool.

Pros

The software offers a great mix of data that I can use immediately to understand how my client's business is performing. The mix of tools available is fantastic, I can immediately check ranking performance, schedule social posts and I love the writing assist tool the tips and metrics really help refine our content to give it the best chance of ranking. The customer support is the best I have experienced from any tool, the response is lightning fast and they are great at finding the solution to the problem 5 stars for customer service!

Cons

Posting to Instagram would be great, but the notification feature in the meantime is helpful. The competitor features do not appear to be hugely accurate as my data doesn't always match either which makes me feel that my competitor's data are equally out. Perhaps a few tips on how we can compensate for this would help as we all understand the competitor data cannot be fully accurate as you don't have direct access to it.

Response from SEMrush

Hi Shriley! Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of SEMrush, we really appreciate it. We're also glad to hear that you've been using SEMrush for so long, it's great customers like you that keep us going!

Daniel J.

• Customer Support Software

All in one search engine marketing suite

Reviewed on 01/06/2020

With such a wide array of tools and opportunities you'd think it would make approaching their tools a little confusing or overwhelming, but SEMrush provides both written and video explanation to how and when to use their tools. And not only that, they are extremely good at listening to customer feedback, if you have suggestions to new features or questions about their current ones.

Pros

With a wide array of tools, SEMrush are able to help you with any aspect of your search engine marketing. We use it for both organic and paid advertising research and it plays a crucial role in every project.
The single best thing at the moment, is the recent addition of the bulk keyword research tool.

Cons

The keyword research "magic tool" is awesome, but difficult to use when your account has multiple users doing research for multiple clients at once. We have experienced that if you aren't aware, you can accidentally add keywords to the wrong profile/client. This can be avoided by not using the "quick add" function but instead ticking off each keyword an then manually adding them to your desired list. Apart from this, we have never experienced any undesired behavior from any of their tools.

Response from SEMrush

Hi Daniel! Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of SEMrush, we really appreciate it. We understand that our tools can have a bit of a learning curve, we're happy that you've found our blogs and videos useful and that our CS team was attentive to your needs.

Ariel L.

Excellent Marketing Software—Has Everything You Need

Reviewed on 29/05/2020

My overall experience with SEMRush is excellent. THere's a slight learning curve, as with most tools. But you get more value for your money. When you subscribe, you don't just have an SEO software; rather, you have access to the ultimate marketing toolkit.

Pros

What I liked most about SEMRush is its comprehensiveness as a marketing tool. Most people compare SEMRush as an SEO tool (for keyword research and backlinks). But it goes beyond that.

My favorite is the content marketing toolkit which is a suite of tools to help me beat the competition. It has all the tools you need to plan, research, execute and audit your content.

Once you have your awesome content, the next step is to distribute them. That's where its social media toolkit comes in. You can post, curate, and frequently publish (re-use) social media posts. Yes, that's right. No need for a separate social media scheduler.

Do you do link building? SEMRush also has its own link building tool built-in. You can perform all the "search operations" right within, which then plugs into a workflow where you can send out emails (from templates). It allows you to monitor everything inside one place. Pretty neat!

Cons

The one thing I didn't like is the setup process. I can't remember having some sort of onboarding experience (or maybe i just skipped it). I had to learn by going through other tutorials and help docs.

Another thing i didn't like was integrating with Google Analytics/Search Console. My experience is that i have to connect it once per tool. Instead of only doing it once, every tool has to be setup like this.

That said, it's still totally worth learning as it has pretty much everything you need.

Response from SEMrush

Hi Ariel! Thanks for giving us such an awesome review! As for the setup process, you can request a free online demo and one of our representatives will conduct a walkthrough about all tools we have. We appreciate you enjoy using the tool, and will keep working on improvements!

Amanda M.

Worth the purchase!!

Reviewed on 19/11/2019

If you run multiple websites and multiple social pages- this is absolutely the tool you need to invest in. ROI is completely possible from this tool if you dedicate enough time/effort to using it to the fullest. The SEO tools alone have proven awesome for us and the social poster tool is just the most convenient time-saver.

Pros

I use SEMrush daily for SEO on many sites and for posting on many social pages from one place. All of the SEO (site audits, keyword analyses, DEEP COMPETITOR ANALYSES) and social tools don't just make my job easier- they make me better. I get insights from SEMrush I wouldn't have otherwise had at my disposal. It is 100% possible to see ROI on this product.

Cons

I miss when it was free so many years ago, but C'est la Vie. Now that SEMrush is a paid platform, they also offer wayyyy more tools and they are constantly updating/adding features. They have a pretty responsive customer support, but I have had responses take 1-2 days to get back to me. However, I can't personally say that this response time has ever, in any way disrupted my flow of work and when I did have a more urgent issue they were great about helping me quickly.

Ankur S.

One of the Best On-site management Tool with amazing features

Reviewed on 21/08/2019

Overall this tool is incredibly brilliant and useful, I thank the team of SEMrush who are adding such feature, Most of the time I don't have to look for other tools when I want some research. they are covering most of the thing related to SEO.

Pros

There are plenty of pros of semrush, I found many while using more than 2 years. my favorite feature of this tool is an on-page review, Backlink Gap checker and competitor analysis is the best reason to buy this tool. It gives you a better idea on your backlink strategy (How can still more links from a competitor and how you can build a new one). One of his features name as Keyword Magic tool is great if you are new into the keyword research part, it allows you to go into the deep by local wise, LSI keywords, etc. Position tracking also a great feature by which you can track the performance of your keywords daily basis.

Cons

This is the vast exploration of any tool, many of features and reporting functionality you can't understand still if you are an SEO's. So I think this is not everyone cups of tea especially you are very new into the SEO world.

Nimanthi R.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

• Customer Support Software

is a tool suite for advanced advertising the executives

Reviewed on 26/04/2019

This enables them to exploit those as limited time open doors just as to widen their gathering of people reaches. Furthermore, the arrangement educates organizations what individuals are buzzing concerning on the web for them to discover a subject they can turn and identify with their merchandise and ventures.

Pros

SEMrush is a tool suite for advanced advertising the executives. It gives proficient full perceivability into traffic originating from various correspondence channels and to pick up knowledge into the effectivity of their advertising approaches. As SEMrush gives significant commitment data, computerized advertisers are better furnished to position the brands they work with higher in the web crawler rankings and in the cognizance of their objective market by means of other media and strategies. In addition, SEMrush empowers promoting experts to pick up influence over their opposition by giving them profitable understanding into what their shoppers and prospects are keen on. When they have distinguished those points, they can utilize them in making all the more captivating substance. Exhaustive catchphrase looks into apparatus and area examination. Backlink following. Work area/versatile pursuit breakdowns. Venture based SEO crusade structure is particularly valuable. Catchphrase proposals and proactive SEO suggestions.

Cons

Needs watchword list the executives. A large number of its most inventive instruments includes still convey a beta tag. Competitive Advantage. SEMrush offers information into the SEO strategies of contending brands. The arrangement demonstrates organizations what catchphrases support contenders' web crawler positioning, for them to make a technique that can counter that. Vital Advertising With SEMrush, organizations can contrast their promoting approaches and those of their opponents. Thusly, brands can discover what makes their rivals prominent with the shoppers promoting savvy. This additionally enables them to modify their financial plans by revealing the advertisement spend and return their rivalries have. Extended Social Media Reach A major piece of buyers is via web-based networking media channels. That is the reason it is basic for organizations to be the place their objective clients are. These stages can be used to augment commitment and they additionally make it easy to quantify the execution of a brand's social technique. Strategic Content Marketing With SEMrush, brands can discover how famous they are among netizens.

Jeff G.

An Absolute Must for Any Marketing Team

Reviewed on 04/01/2020

Overall, SEMrush is our go-to solution for SEO, content development, keyword research and more. Whenever something new comes along, we stick with SEMrush. It's simply the best there is.

Pros

SEMrush is amazing. It uncovers opportunities and helps you improve your rankings by offering A+ data.

Cons

It can be a bit complicated for newbies. Especially for those who have never used any type of SEO software or data analytics application.

David M.

Best SEO Tool Around

Reviewed on 12/10/2020

Awesome! Been using it for over 4 years and I definitely plan on sticking with it.

Pros

It’s always updating! SEMrush stays up-to-date with the industry and develops new tools constantly to help improve user’s work.

Cons

Not much! There are a few glitches here and there but for the most part, they fix them

Jamie P.
  • Industry: Food Production

• Customer Support Software

Super tool for content development and actionable competitive tracking

Reviewed on 12/10/2020

Pros

Keyword and research features for new content development as well as integrations with Google Analytics and Google Documents for fine tuning content for not only SEO but readability and voice are beyond useful. It has decreased desk research time by weeks for new topic content development, writing and optimization. I also love the competitive content and traffic view I can create and reporting that is baked in.

Cons

I wish it was a bit more intuitive for a learning user. While it has a robust toolkit of features, sometimes I get lost in the complexity of technical SEO valuations and how I can use what I am seeing in my dashboard to my advantage/what is truly actionable by priority.

Ian K.

A Great SEO Tool

Reviewed on 20/11/2019

I've been able to conduct keyword research for websites faster than I could before and find meaningful keywords to target and opportunities to grow organic traffic. This has resulted in better organic traffic to websites we've helped to optimize.

Pros

This is an amazing all-in-one tool for SEO. Whether you need a tool for keyword research, backlinks, or optimizing your website, you'll find all the tools inside of SEMRush. It's core features are definitely around keywords (tracking and researching the keywords that are ranking for a particular domain), you can use this information to optimize your site with the built in site audit features.

Cons

There are a lot of features and it can sometimes be difficult to find the exact feature you are looking for.

Frederico C.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

The best bang for your buck

Reviewed on 29/05/2020

SEMrush is the definitive answer for most SEO questions. Once you have it fully set up it will tell you everything you need to know to ensure your site is healthy and your visibility maximised.

Pros

How complete it is: if you can only have one tool to cover your SEO, content and digital marketing efforts, SEM Rush is it.

Cons

Some of the information is sometimes a bit hard to parse for someone inexperienced to the platform. It could definitely be a bit more user friendly in that regard.

Response from SEMrush

Hi Frederico, thank you so much for taking the time to write this review! It's great to hear how much you enjoy our tool.

Todd K.

A Professional SEO Tool

Reviewed on 15/02/2020

SEMrush has been used by my company for years now to assist with client SEO projects. Pricing can be an issue, but you really do get a ton of insights, advice, and quality information from the platform. I'd recommend it to any group in need of a professional SEO resource.

Pros

While there are other players in the market, SEMrush is the most comprehensive SEO tool I've encountered. From keyword research to site audits and domain metrics, it seems to do it all. It can dive pretty deep into traffic analytics and show you valuable trends that can help with client ROI conversations. It's been useful when proving the success or need for content on websites.

Cons

The platform layout is a bit confusing. There is so much going on that it's easy to get lost in a new section and not know how to get back to the screen you want. The dashboard offers a lot to use, but needs better organization to streamline a user's experience. The keyword research portion is fairly clear, but the domain analytics versus site positions versus content recommendations could use some help.

Jonathan A.

I love you

Reviewed on 12/10/2020

Great. So many features. I wish I had more time to go through them all.

Pros

I love how I can spy on my competitors. I love going after their keywords. It helps me guide my clients in the right direction.

I use the "competitor" look up to help people answer the "where do I start?" question.

Cons

Ahrefs just looks more inviting. It look more user friendly. Kinda like... SEMrush is like my wife. Ahrefs is my occasional side piece. At the end of the day, I'm always going back to my wife.

Response from SEMrush

Hi Jonathan, thank you so much for your review! We are happy to be your 'SEO wife' :)

Megan J.

• Customer Support Software

Amazing for SEO and Keyword Research!

Reviewed on 28/03/2021

I started using SEMrush after seeing other bloggers rave about it in a blogging Facebook group. I was initially using free tools to do my keyword research and SEO and I even started out with the free version of SEMrush. The paid version provided me with so much insight that it ended up saving me a lot of time researching because everything was laid out for me clear and simple. I even started doing competitor research with SEMrush which was something I didn't even know how to do until I saw how much insight SEMrush provided and all the tools they had. It made it pretty easy to find out what my competitors were ranking for. If you're a blogger or website owner I would highly recommend trying out the free version and if you like that then you'll love the paid version.

Pros

SEMRush was one of the main tools I used for keyword research and SEO for my blog. It provides a ton of insights that I couldn't get from other free tools. I also used SEMRush for competitor research and was able to gather a lot of info on competitors in my niche like keywords and pages they were ranking for and where they were getting links.

Cons

SEMrush is pretty expensive. There are a lot of other free tools that provide some of the features on SEMrush but obviously not nearly as much. So I will say that I think all the features are worth the price. You get a lot of value for what you pay for. I just wish it was a tad less expensive!

Brent R.

Semrush is complete, but slightly inaccurate

Reviewed on 08/09/2018

Overall, I love Semrush. It's a wealth of information. Even if some of the information in the database is a little out of date, the sheer amount of data and ideas you can get from Semrush are worth it. You even get bonus things like social media tools.

The interface is good, but not amazing. So they could work on that. But I never had too difficult a time finding what I wanted.

Pros

I love that it's a pretty comprehensive SEO and PPC research and auditing suite. There is simply a ton you can do in Semrush, even in the free version. The site audit is comprehensive, and you're given a lot of different things to look at.

One of my favorite things is the SEO Ideas module where it gives you specific things you can do on each page that will help you improve your organic traffic. While you can figure some of this out through the normal audit, having these extra ideas helps with getting the creative juices flowing. There is also a very large amount of competitive research, content idea generator and so much more. It's astounding what all is there!

I love that some emphasis is put on PPC in addition to SEO as the two often work hand in hand.

Cons

Unfortunately, despite being a comprehensive tool, you do have to keep in mind that not all the data is completely up to date or accurate. Not that it's unusable, but I did find myself wondering why it was showing my PPC campaign's "current real-time" ad was actually an ad I haven't used for 6 months. In addition, I found that many of the links in the backlink audit were not accurate.

This doesn't mean the tool isn't worth the money. But take everything with a slight grain of salt and back up the data with another tool if you can.

Maya T.

• Customer Support Software

Helpful valuable marketing data insights

Reviewed on 12/10/2020

Value for money it's currently the best software

Pros

The maketing insights, PPC Keywords, budgets, search volume - all the features related to competitors

Cons

Not all functions are up to date (not real - time) , marketing insights and display creatives only on google and not on other channel

Response from SEMrush

Hi Maya, thank you so much for your review! We are happy to know you enjoy SEMrush tools!

Mihaita V.

Website audits

Reviewed on 07/07/2020

Helps us rank our websites higher in Google and we're happy with that.

Pros

We've been using Semrush to provide great insights to all of our client's websites and improve their SEO with SemRush suggestions.

Cons

Pretty complex and an inexperienced SEO user might not understand everything that happens there but overall it's an amazing tool.

Response from SEMrush

Hi Mihaita, thank you very much for your feedback and your choice! We really appreciate it! - Masha from SEMrush

Hamzah M.

• Customer Support Software

The SEO tool to rule them all

Reviewed on 18/01/2019

I’ve used SEMRush since they started and they’ve just gone from strength to strength. I love how simple the tool is to use and how it always ‘has my back’ with automated emails if something is wrong. Their content marketing is absolutely amazing- look at their blog and you’ll be lost for hours in learning new stuff.

Pros

I love how simple SEMRush is to use and how intuitive their UX is. I’ve used their topic research tool for clients and it has helped inform their entire content marketing strategy, from the calendar itself to the amount of paid/organic attention we give each piece of content. Their tool is always fast, loads quickly and is easy for novices to understand.

Cons

I’ve been using SEMRush for a while and don’t have any major gripes. I would say sometimes for niche terms the database doesn’t return anything, and their SEO rankings tool is usually spot on, but there are rare occasions they’re off by a few positions. Nothing major though.

• Customer Support Software

How much SEMrush can help in seo tools

Reviewed on 20/12/2018

Pros

Seo tools are common in these days for beginners to find right keywords and back links .mainly what users are searching is important. well SEMrush is one of the good software in internet to help you in search results,backlinks,best keywords which your website rank higher and extra.you can use this website for any particular topic .there are so many options in this website to grow your channel.it works for websites or videos or products.SEMrush will give you right domain comparrison also.howmuch volume is searching for particular keyword is most important thing so it is the place you can get all the information.try it

Cons

SMErush is good but they can give keyword suggestions not exact search results because there is one keyword which is very popular but it will show volumes of search results but there is already tons of competiters are there.if this software find some future topics that will help who are using this website.if you add future topics and future videos section people go for that topics and some traffic will divert to that particular topic and everybody get thier share in future topics.if web traffic split in other topics all are happy incliding begginners

Sheraz B.
  • Industry: Media Production
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Incredible Platfrom for the Professional Digital Marketing Experts

Reviewed on 08/04/2020

My overall experience with SEMrush is extraordinary and incredibly awesome. Because I have used the SEMrush for my personal websites and also for the customers websites. Even for the new clients, I prepare the report of their websites and then I show them. So they can easily check and understand the SEO report of the websites. Because the main thing that the reports which we export from the SEMrush dashboard, are really easy to understand. Then we can change the content or data of our websites according to the new keywords.

Pros

The features of SEMrush are really awesome for the Digital Marketing experts. You can see the Backlinks report of your website using the Backlink analytics feature of SEMrush. You can add different websites and then SEMrush execute the search engine optimization report of your websites. You can see your competitors and then you can analyze the keywords. The keyword magic tool is really awesome to check the profitable keywords for your SEO campaigns.

Cons

For the free users when they want to add more websites or projects, there is a limit. According to my best experience, this limit should be increase. All other marketing tools of SEMrush are really outstanding and fabulous.

Response from SEMrush

Thank you so much for your kind words, Sheraz. We are very happy that you enjoy your experience with SEMrush!

Gary M.

Foundational Software for Your Marketing Practice

Reviewed on 12/10/2020

This enables our organization to run detailed reports for not just our firm, but prospects and customers as well. It's always great seeing a customer/prospect reaction when receiving a comprehensive report filled with data that they didn't even know existed in the first place.

Pros

Whether you're running a marketing firm or are looking to grow your existing marketing practice, this piece of software is a game changer. SEMrush has pushed out a unified solution that gives you everything from an automated social media poster to keyword research and competitor analysis, & lastly full site audits to help you continuously improve. We've used this software for just under 6 months but can't imagine running this team without it. Definitely recommend.

Cons

The lite version of the product still has a great set of features, but there are some upgrades you'll have to make in terms of price point depending on the advanced features you're looking for.

Eric W.

The leader is SEO tools

Reviewed on 05/12/2019

I’ve used SEMrush for years in many roles. It’s always good to have on hand for client SEO campaigns since you can do most of your work in one place.

Pros

Great feature set for SEOs. It’s been used at many agencies and marketing departments for a reason. Decent data sets.

Cons

Keyword search volume isn’t the most accurate. So many tools it can be overwhelming so be sure to use the training they provide.

Ramakant R.

Best Website Tracking Platform

Reviewed on 23/08/2020

SEMRUSH is a good platform for making SEO strategy and good analyzing platform for tracking the user data, keywords used by other companies.

Pros

Very good website tracking platform and easily track your complete website SEO performance, backlink analysis, SEO audit, keyword analysis and more seo performance. Easily track your best competitor sites and analyze the performance of other websites. This is an overall SEO tool used by the SEO agencies.

Cons

This website is very esy to use but the pricing plan is too high cost. SEMRUSH is very high cost for individual or freelancers. SEMRUSH should think about the pricing plan for an individual or freelancers.

Response from SEMrush

Hi Ramakant, thank you for your insights on SEMrush! We really appreciate your feedback!