Showing 278 reviews of 271

Miro

#1 Online collaborative whiteboard platform for teams

4.7 /5 (271 reviews) Write a Review!

Showing 278 reviews of 271
Predrag S.
  • Industry: International Trade & Development

Consultant using Consultant plan

Reviewed on 21/12/2020

I've join Miro in order to collaborate with my clients online, but it over exceed my expectations and Miro became my daily companion in brainstorming my own ideas. Sometimes, during my mapping, I forget that I'm working on the screen instead of real wall.

Pros

Graphic solution for sticky notes is almost perfect and realistic it is pleasure working in Miro Boards.
Shared screen does exactly what is promised, my clients just have to click on the emailed link in order to join my board.
Video and voice options related to mapping software are probably the best value for money at the moment on the market.

Cons

Blurred view when is zoomed out and turned the image into an aerial view, to be more precise, I have to zoom in to the sticky particular sticky notes in order not to be blurred view which makes concentration high on the board instead on the idea which is discussing among the participants.
I'm not the happiest about the solution for lining up sticky notes, the Lucidchart offers somehow better solution.
There could be a template for House of Quality or QFD with formulas, I would pay some extra penny :)

The best organizer

Reviewed on 07/04/2020

I keep all my visual materials in one place and have a possibility to share it with my students, collaborate with them, add unlimited amounts of notes and I have no need to care about how to save this stuff, how to find, how to export separate parts of my work. It's great!

Pros

Miro is intuitive, I spent a couple of minutes to navigate and simply started working. The unlimited canvas is the most thrilling feature of the app. I have finally had a tool to organize all my stuff, all in one place.

Cons

I haven't found any substantial drawbacks in Miro which prevented me from using it efficiently.

The missing piece for remote

Reviewed on 21/08/2020

Pros

They covered a missing piece in my remote tool stack: the whiteboard. Until Miro, I did not find a suitable alternative to the deliberative process that happens in front of a whiteboard. While that will probably never be completely substituted, Miro adds a few features on top of that that are actually very powerful.

Cons

The inability to read the whiteboards offline in the apps.

The best in shared whiteboards

Reviewed on 11/02/2021

Great for whiteboarding but the click bait to get you into using more features definitely distracts from getting the most out of that feature.

Pros

As a shared whiteboard tool for the remote era, it is awesome. It has the tools and templates to get the job done.
It has some other tools you didn't know you needed to go with the whiteboarding, these will differ by team.

Cons

Beyond the basic whiteboarding, it is a jack of all trades and master of none. There is way too much functionality (issue tracking, project management etc) that most people have some other software that both does the job better and integrates with their other systems. These other pieces of functionality aren't easy to turn off, leading to many conflicting uses of the system, and overly busy UI. Also they are clearly distracting the development teams from adding the more immediately useful features. Don't try and do too many things. Focus on what you are good at.
Change reporting is way too limited to be useful.

Matt C.
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Miro is Awesome!

Reviewed on 12/10/2020

The experience has been awesome. We have used it to drive collaboration in conjunction with a virtual meeting tool to seamlessly whiteboard, just like we would have in a physical office space. Miro has an immense amount of flexibility and is open-ended in it's approach to being a whiteboard tool, just like you would hope. Templates offer some starting points but are easy to build on and customize. It has been no problem operating Miro with 20 users at once, jumping between multiple boards and everyone actively collaborating/creating content at the same time. It's a near-perfect physical whiteboard replacement for an increasingly virtual work world.

Pros

Miro is the BEST virtual white boarding tool. It is so easy to collaborate with colleagues using the virtual post-it notes and visual charting tools. When using Miro, I almost forget that we are virtual and I never find myself wishing we were in person. One of my favorite features is the ability to see everyone else's cursor, so I know exactly where someone is looking and contributing. It ensures no one is duplicating efforts or overwriting someone else's work. The tool is seamless and well-built for a virtual world.

Cons

The biggest downfall I've experienced is when the boards get large. Big boards lead to increased lag time, especially when trying to work with a large group of collaborators. When visuals get imported and complex charts or diagrams are used, the tool seems to get overloaded. It will sometimes even freeze for a few seconds. While these issues are generally far and few between, they are worth noting. Uploading of images also seems slow compared to other SAAS tools.

Randy E.

Essential tool for creative collaboration remotely

Reviewed on 29/12/2020

I'm basically doing workshop brainstorming, process mapping, and similar that I would have previously done on a white board or easel sheets in Miro. There are a couple of unforeseen benefits to this:
- The results are much neater than live sessions
- It's easier to create report-ready output (this was always a tedious aspect of traditional methods).
- It's enabled me to create more visual presentation of many aspects of my work that I had not before. (their template library helps with this as well).

Pros

My team does a lot of user research and design - which is incredibly difficult to do without collaboration - traditionally in a conference room with a whiteboard, post-it notes, markers, easel pads, etc. I was seriously worried about how we would be able to do this effectively in a pandemic all working remotely. Miro has been tremendously helpful in facilitating such remote yet collaborative, creative workshop sessions. No tool will overcome all the challenges associated with that, but my team has learned how to leverage Miro to make these online workshops much more effective than they would have been without. We didn't search for a tool like Miro until the pandemic, but now I use it for so many things I can't imagine giving it up whenever things return to "normal."

Cons

Some aspects of the interface and using it I don't find intuitive. For all the hours I've used it now, I still get tripped up once in a while in what I consider some 'clumsy' interface decisions.

• Industry: Design

Miro (aka realtime board) is great for collaboration and as a project management tool

Reviewed on 12/09/2019

I use Miro daily as a UX designer for documenting different flowcharts

Pros

I love that you can collaborate on projects in realtime with Miro and see what the other users are doing on the screen at the same time as you. Their templates are awesome as well, along with their interface being aesthetically pleasing, it's one of my favorite tools I use as a designer.

Cons

I don't really have any negative comments or thoughts about Miro. I don't know why they changed their name from Realtimeboard as I think that moreso explains what they offer. I feel that Miro is supposed to be some kind of hip brand realignment, but doesn't explain what they offer. The name change doesn't really bother me, I was just surprised when it happened without warning.

Michael A.
  • Industry: Design

It's currently the best on the market!

Reviewed on 24/06/2019

Miro is simply an interactive virtual white board! But you can do SO MUCH with it. From journeys to analysis to creating workshop templates. You can do whatever's in your head. And you can do it quicker and easier than anything else out there.

Seriously stop reading this and try the free version, you'll see!

Pros

It's super easy to use, and really quick to pick up. It makes doing this type of work effortless and in a fraction of the time. Also you can collaborate within seconds.

Cons

The pricing model is a bit squiffy and not easy to understand.
When you start an account it's confusing that it's not YOUR board but a team board, this has tripped me up a few times.
On the free version the pdf export functionality is so bad it would be better not to offer it all. NO experience is better than a bad experience.
(NOTE all these pale in comparison to how good the product is though!!!)

Brad H.

A Time and Paper Saver for Laying Out Your Screenplay!

Reviewed on 11/01/2019

Pros

There are so many, but the real-time collaboration is a huge one for my partners and myself. Also the ability to print specific frames to pdf is convenient. Traditionally screenwriters use note cards on a cork board to layout an outline. This makes it easy to move scenes around and to see the project as a whole. RealtimeBoard has completely replaced that for my partner and I since we live in two different cities. We have planned all of our scripts for the last few years this way and it works great. Another nice benefit is the ability to add images and media directly inside the board, this is great for reference materials.

Cons

I'm not sure that I can think of any cons honestly. The only thing would be that you're limited to 3 boards per person on the free plan, which has become a pain the more I use it. I guess I'll need to upgrade soon!

Merlin D.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Best in class digital collaboration tool

Reviewed on 02/04/2020

My preferred tool for all virtual collaborations. Highly recommended

Pros

infinite whiteboard, unlimited users, great functions and features, just wish it better integrated with web conferencing facilities

Cons

Really no major complaints. The free hand draw function is not quite as good as Invision Freehand (for example), but overall Miro is my preferred tool.

• Industry: Banking
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

RealtimeBoard is quick, collaborative, visually pleasing and easy to use!

Reviewed on 07/03/2019

Pros

We started off using RTB for big, heady workshops - design thinking, kanban, etc with remote teams - no more "taking picture of a whiteboard, transcribing it into [insert random comfortable tool here], sending non-collaborative bitmap out to team" procedures, just one great tool. And then we realized that it could be used for so much more! Org charts, mind mapping, small kanbans for things like kitchen duty or office chores or whatever! Also impressed with just how often they update it with new features (including iOS apps), and sometimes the simple act of seeing someone else move a sticky around in realtime is just fun.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind, if there was one thing it would be that the export viewport thing is a bit hard to get right unless you've screwed it up at least once before, to know what to do the next time. Seems like a small thing to gripe about!

Danilo N.

Great online experience

Reviewed on 19/07/2019

Great experience, with really good design and almost perfect sensation of a physical board.

Pros

The design and usability are very good, it's like you are on a physical kanban board and its post-it's. The tags are very useful and you can see all people that are on the board in realtime. The feeling of amplitude is a well-thinking feature too because it emulates the reality in a handy way.

Cons

When you first access it, the guided walkthrough is very persistent and boring. I had to dismiss it at least 4 times.

Sarah N.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Will bring any virtual team meeting to the next level

Reviewed on 03/11/2020

Pros

Miro is an amazing option for teams looking for ways to enhance brainstorming, workshops, meetings, and pretty much anything you'd do as a group virtually. It's a ton of fun, but also has amazing functionality for really structuring a meeting or activity. It has specific functions for facilitators so that they can control the flow of their activity. The templates are also an amazing feature that take the work out of setting up an activity and can even be a good source of inspiration if you're out of interesting meeting ideas.

Cons

The only minus to this tool is that some of my older colleagues have found it very hard to use. I think this had more to do with the fact that our team had been using it for very word-heavy activities, and if you have too many words taking up your Miro board things can become hard to read.

Marco L.
  • Industry: Automotive

I love it

Reviewed on 27/06/2019

I can't live without Miro :)
I use it to plan my IT-Projects, starting with Business-Canvas, brainstorm ideas, pin screens, create wireframes, work on storymaps and organizing meetings (e.g. Retrospectives).

The whole Miro-Team is doing a great job. I'm looking forward to see more features, which will help me doing my job.

Pros

- RealTime
- Many many templates
- Quality
- Endless space
- easy to use
- Available on all devices

Cons

If the boards are getting bigger, sometimes it takes some time to load the board.

Daniel C.

Simple and easy to use. Collaborating with team members is incredibly easy.

Reviewed on 28/12/2017

It helped me visually collaborate with my team of designers and clients, making revision processes infinitely faster.

Pros

Regular updates.
Being able to create tons of separate boards and share with team people is great.
Being able to comment on specific boards is amazing.
Being able to collaberate with team members and clients is great!

Cons

Boards with a lot of content may be slow in some cases, making the attached media slow to display. But this does not affect the user experience.

Jesus V.
  • Industry: Automotive

Miro review

Reviewed on 26/08/2019

I like to use MIRO to map out my activity's on my daily basis, really easy to use, really easy to sign up, user-friendly environment.

Pros

User friendly
Very handy
Very useful for planning your day to day
Powerful application to map out problem solving methods

Cons

If you don't lock the sticker or frames, you can mess it up
The copy and paste process for images take so long occasionally
I cannot drag complete frames with posts stuck on it

Rita R.

Best collaboration tool

Reviewed on 29/09/2020

Miro is my main daily collaboration and design tool

Pros

What I like most about Miro is the constant updates. The miro team is constantly concerned with bringing relevant features to allow online collaboration. My main tools are public sharing and workshop tools such as timer and voting.

Cons

The only thing I found confusing at first was sharing the boards so as not to generate extra charges

Timothy K.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

The best collaboration tool I've ever used

Reviewed on 27/06/2018

Pros

The product itself it just so easy to use and so powerful. It has allowed us to effortlessly collaborate with international teams and proved to be far more useful than we ever even imagined. What makes this world-class is that their support is just as amazing as their product. They've helped to provide demos for our new users and are always super helpful with any questions I've ever had.

Cons

I honestly can't say that I have anything that I dislike about this product. Anything that I've even thought could be improved upon in the past has been improved upon. They are so good with acting upon the feedback they get from their customers. It's so refreshing to see a company that is so devoted to providing great user experience.

Eveliene W.

Easy way to have a virtual can-ban board

Reviewed on 01/10/2018

Pros

It is a great tool to have a virtual canban board that we'd use during our daily standup meeting while on Skype.

Cons

I found it is limited in how large you want to go. If too large, maintaining it is a bit cumbersome.

Saheed A.
  • Industry: Research

Miro - The Best Software for Visual Communication

Reviewed on 11/02/2021

Miro software is an engaging virtual and visual board that allows for a single view of events which beyond formats, tools and notification allowing the user to have a top-down view of the project they are working on. Miro software enables the user to access the digital board at any time to view the status of files to be updated.

Pros

Miro is a visual collaboration tool that allows teams to visualise tasks, questions and discussion realtime online. It is not just an engaging software among users, but it also allows for a productive remote brainstorming session where ideas flow freely and cross-pollinated.

Cons

The visual representation of ideas on sticky notes with different colours visually could be confusing at first, navigating through and responding too could be difficult for a novice on the Miro visual software board.

Craig B.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Great for ensuring collaborative team engagment from remote workers

Reviewed on 15/08/2018

We use realtimeboard to present a visual measures board to team members desktops, this application allows our staff to interact, upload and comment on posted material ensuring the whole team is engaged.

Pros

This product is really easy to use, has had a load of ongoing development and developer are really keen to take on suggestions.

Cons

This has worked really well for our purposes and support is really quick to follow up with any queries

• Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Great whiteboard tool

Reviewed on 29/08/2020

Great collaboration tool that allows for creativity and flexibility. Highly recommend.

Pros

I love this program. My team uses it as a digital whiteboard for process improvement meetings, and it has tons of options to support that. The basics are easy to grasp, such as using sticky notes for process mapping, and placing basic shapes or text on the board. It’s cool that it lets you see who is editing what.

It’s accessible, but also gets pretty in depth in terms of tools available - for example, it has a “quick vote” tool where you can have team members vote on ideas on sticky notes, and the amount of votes and time you give each person is changeable.

Cons

The only con for me is that some of the functions are not immediately obvious. I’ve found myself saying “I had no idea I could do that” more than once when I first started using the program. This is kind of a good thing, because it does have a lot of features, and most of them can be figured out by clicking around enough. There are also tutorials available, so this is a nitpick more than anything.

• Used Monthly for 1+ year

Good online collaboration tool for more technically inclined people

Reviewed on 17/11/2020

As a design manager, we need a place to store ideas and think free form. In the analogue world, this would often be a whiteboard/wall. But especially since Covid, we need another way of doing this and Miro is our solution.
There are many templates which are helpful, however they can be tricky to use and you can inadvertantly end up messing up background objects, or making it messy looking, or just going with a basic text boxes and sticky notes. Need the ability to create a form field like component where people can enter text without knowing the difference between view vs edit modes.

Pros

Unlimited canvas, ability to view, edit collaborative whiteboards in the browser, reasonable set of templates for usage

Cons

Miro is good for technically inclined users, however for those who are less web savvy, or less tech savvy it can be a struggle. I've watched people click and move things in the wrong places, edit the wrong areas, or generally mess up a board. No integration with wider ecosystem eg Microsoft/Google suite of tools

• Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

good application to carry out a team project, very easy to use

Reviewed on 16/04/2018

Pros

This application has a very comfortable template for the user. easy to use and with a very nice interface. the whiteboard applications have great functionalities. is an excellent application that helps us as a guide in a team project in a job

Cons

depends on the data that is handled. Like spreadsheets it can be complicated to use. should have more options for user restrictions.

Melinda H.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

One of my favourite design tools

Reviewed on 26/03/2020

I've been using this for around 2 years and was introduced to it through my design course. Haven't turned back. The InDesign for web documents.

Pros

Miro is a great program for gathering all my thoughts about a project. I use it research, gather ideas and keep all my information together in one place. It's great for mind mapping, mood boarding, adding notes and comments to ideas, market research and presenting design strategies as well as communicating with team mates. I can use it to showcase my work to my company and they can comment and add their thoughts and ideas to my work.

Cons

Not much. Only downside is that if your internet isn't so great it can take a bit to load. But that's to be expected as it's seems to be very effective at keeping heavy amounts of information together.