Benchmark Email

Email marketing service provider

4.3 /5 (151 reviews) Write a Review!
4.1
3.9
Verity L.
Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

User-friendly, Great Support

Reviewed on 20/09/2020

I send out a great many videos and wouldn't use a email service without this capability. My trial period was cut short due to the limitations on a free account, forcing me to pay before I had a chance to evaluate the platform. I feel there should be special pricing for a Non-Profit. I'd like to see unlimited contacts and due to a paid account, have unlimited emails.

Pros

I've experienced great support and sending my first email was fairly easy. Drag & Drop feature is a good selling point.

Cons

The editor is slow and I set the line spacing but it seems to choose what it wants.

Derrick C.
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Great but needs improvement

Reviewed on 31/05/2019

Its a decent program but for the money, it is to many glitches that need to be addressed. Spell check needs to be added back into the program as well.

Pros

Easy to Use
Clean layout
Ease of customizing templates
Training other team members on how to use is easy

Cons

Customer service is not that great - Most are not American so language is hard to understand
Too many glitches when working in templates
Have to send several TEST emails to make sure the functions are correct
The same email delivered to different members of my team show up differently or have different links
A lot of bugs in the back that need to be addressed
No Spell check function anymore
The image editor is not that great
uploading lists can be a pain sometimes you have to do them multiple times in order for them to get uploaded

Response from Benchmark

Hello Derrick,

Thanks for your feedback.

Whenever you have a moment, chat with us and let us know your concerns. We'll be glad to offer you a solution.

- Benchmark Team

Likelihood to recommend: 4.0/10

Industry: Education Management

Does basic functions well

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 07/02/2018

Benchmark helped us keep all of our data organized and made it easy to connect with our supporters.

Pros

Benchmark was a great launching pad for my organization's email campaigns. Eventually we switched to Mailchimp because it allowed us more options for special offers and was easier to integrate with other systems. However, Benchmark got the job done initially and was easy to then export our contacts when moving to a new system.

Cons

Benchmark does not offer as much as mailchimp for tracking, growth, and integration. It is a more basic email campaign management software, but does the basics very well.

Response from Benchmark

Thanks for the review! I know our integration options aren't as extensive as some of our competitors but we are working fast to expand these. Thank you for your business and we wish you the best! :)

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Marvin B.
Company size: Self Employed

Great product

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 11/06/2019

The biggest benefit to me is being able to let the actions of my list determine which offers are sent to them. Great business booster

Pros

Automation pro is among the best things to happen to email marketing. Setting up "if/then' sequences does wonders for my campaigns

Cons

Nothing at all that I can think of.

Response from Benchmark

We are very happy to receive your positive feedback! Automation Pro was designed to help our customers save time and money when running campaigns. We are pleased it has helped boost your business.

- Benchmark Team

Gabriella D.
Industry: Renewables & Environment

Everything you need, all in one place!

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 31/05/2019

We were really struggling to get customers to leave reviews about their experience and by sending out email blasts to them with clickable articles and links, we increased our reviews.

Pros

I love that benchmark has several different templates to choose from so that you don't have to start from scratch as a new user. Benchmark also makes it so easy to schedule mass emails and they really do hit your inbox when it says it will.

Cons

I do wish there were a few more creative options on the editor to really make those emails pop.

Response from Benchmark

Hello Gabriella,

Thank you for the review and high rating.

We have noted down your recommendation.

- Benchmark Team

Elesa D.
Industry: Publishing

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 23/05/2019

Benchmark is a great solution to sending bulk emails. The provided designs are easy to use. The segmentation of contacts is perfect for the type of emails I send. Whenever an issue I can't figure out, the customer support is fast acting and always solves my issue efficiently.

Pros

Benchmark email software is very easy to use, it's affordable.

Cons

There is not anything I can think of that I like least.

Response from Benchmark

Hello Elesa,

Thanks for your review and high rating!

- Benchmark Team

Ana H.
Industry: Education Management

Very easy and intuitive tool to do email marketing.

Reviewed on 07/05/2020

It allowed me to create my first email marketing campaigns without having technical knowledge on the subject.

Pros

What I like most about benchmark is how easy it is to create and run a campaign, it guides you step by step and allows you to better organize the list of subscribers to email newsletters, it can be used for free with certain limitations as to to the number of emails and subscribers to handle. The templates available are modern and attractive even the free ones.

Cons

I could not integrate it correctly to program the newsletters of an ecommerce developed with the magento software, although benchmark offers that possibility my version of magento is not the latest version so it did not work well.

Matthew H.
Industry: Construction
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Benchmark

Reviewed on 31/05/2019

Pros

It has multiple email templates that allow for creativity while also allowing us to send to multiple segments, multiple email lists and also import our own personal designs.

Cons

Difficulty navigating the site, open rates and automated emails

Response from Benchmark

Hello Matthew,

Thank you for the review.

- Benchmark Team

Likelihood to recommend: 3.0/10

Jennifer E.

Benchmark email

Reviewed on 10/11/2016

Overall, Benchmark meets our needs. However, we like to set up our code in a different program, rather than a template (in Dreamweaver). We run into issues where the code doesn't transfer cleanly. It takes a lot of reformatting.

Response from Benchmark Email

Hello Jennifer,

Thanks for the review. In regards to your feedback, when bringing in code from programs like Dreamweaver, our platform will cut out code that isn't supported by all email clients. We do this to avoid errors or layout issues. Below is a link with some tips that might help. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact us. Thanks again! http://www.benchmarkemail.com/help-FAQ/answer/Common-HTML-Email-Coding-Mistakes

Joe H.
Industry: Internet

Pretty Solid ESP

Reviewed on 23/03/2016

We've been using Benchmark for about half a year to manage a number of email campaigns including our newsletter. We needed a more affordable ESP with unlimited sends and a good template editor, which Benchmark fulfilled. The emails are easy to edit, the reporting is solid, and the customer support is great.

Pros

Great WYSIWYG email editor and great customer support team. At first some of the UX is confusing, but once you get the hang of it, it's easy. The customer support team has a live chat, and they'll help you immediately with anything you have. Reporting is pretty good too, and you can see results in either tables or graphs.

Cons

In rare cases, test emails and email blasts are delayed in sending out. This can be a problem when A/B testing emails. Other than that, no real problems.

Kristen B.
Industry: Restaurants

Great

Reviewed on 06/11/2019

Very user friendly

Pros

Easy to create new emails and send them out

Cons

Still learning the software and getting familiar

Matthew S.
Industry: Real Estate

Benchmark Review

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 30/05/2019

Good email verification process for uploads and flexibility to bulk send in high quantities for lead generation and prospect pipeline support

Pros

Integration with Benchmark CRM
Creative and visual interface is user friendly

Cons

Lots of email go straight through to Junk
Reasonable value for money, however more affordable services out there

Response from Benchmark

Hello Matthew,

Thanks for your feedback.

Whenever you have a moment, chat with us to see how you can improve you deliverability.

- Benchmark Team

Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Great Product

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 23/05/2019

It is a great tool for reports and asking for help.

Pros

It is simple and easy to use and navigate.

Cons

Nothing that I could think of at this time.

Response from Benchmark

Hi,

Thank you for your review and high rating.

- Benchmark Team

Greg R.
Industry: Building Materials

REVIEW

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 27/10/2019

very poor I have used competitors and it's hassle free

Pros

What I liked most was the ability to create flyers' I also likes the custmer service people through chat box
they were the best

Cons

I didnt like talking to the rep; She seemed every time that she just wanted to git rid of me; Benchmark showed that I had 400 un opened emails; I called many of these customers ( the 400 unopened) They did not even receive an email; ( scary) I then called bench mark and told them this; They responded that is because the un opened emails are in your customer's spam file , Once again I started calling customers and told them to check their spam and of course they did ( the benchmark emails were not in their spam either) Benchamark from what i can see is a very poor service; They tell you u have un opened emails and this is not true. (The emails not being sent) The rep is not helpful at all' I am going to have to cancel my credit card because something is not right with this company' Constant contact is much easier and effective
i am sincerely sorry to have to make this review/ I t is not my style' Something is wrong with this company

Likelihood to recommend: 2.0/10

Robert S.

Reviewed on 04/02/2016

Susan C.
Industry: Retail

Benchmark makes my life easy!

Used Monthly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 19/11/2020

My main objective was to create a monthly Newsletter. I was successful and hope to continue, and probably upgrade for more tools and benefits.

Pros

The templates and tools are very user friendly. Able to make a professional looking newsletter in a short amount of time. Easy learning curve to create great email blasts and content. Lots of support from Benchmark reaching out to make sure I was engaged.

Cons

I am happy with it so far. I will be learning more about the capabilities as I continue to use Benchmark's services.

Michael L.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Used it several times and like the ease of use and the analytics

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 27/06/2017

Quick email templates to send at moments notice or plan for future campaigns.

Pros

Quick and easy method to sending mass emails and I like the up to date analytics with open rates and bounce backs as well.

Cons

Cost was a little more than I could budget at this time; we are a start up division and unfortunately we have to scrutinize all expenses.

Kerry B.
Industry: Arts & Crafts

Reviewed on 19/11/2016

Lisa A.

Benchmark Email Marketing is the Best!

Reviewed on 01/09/2015

Pros
-Superior Customer Service
-Easy Interface
-Lightening Fast

Cons
-None so far

James Y.
Industry: Religious Institutions

upgraded and still limited me to 50 emails after I broke our 12 year old list into three sections

Reviewed on 12/10/2019

sent a support email with still no response

Pros

needed an email medium to keep members updated at a fair price

Cons

upgraded from free trial to paid and still limited me to 50 emails after I broke our 12 year old list into three sections

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Henna P.

Reviewed on 10/12/2018
Jessie P.
Industry: Individual & Family Services

Experience sharing

Reviewed on 11/03/2020

Pros

Easy to use layout design.
Very aggressive service.

Cons

Too many mails were returned. Currently looking for a solution.

Andrew D.
Industry: Market Research

Easy to use platform

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 24/05/2019

Overall, I am satisfied and will continue to use Benchmark . I started on a Free Trial and upgraded to a paid service. I plan on sticking to Benchmark for a quarterly newsletter and using to send invitation or special emails.

Pros

This platform is very user-friendly. It doesn't take much effort to get up to speed on how to use it, and there are many email templates to choose from so you don't always have to create something from scratch! I think it's good value for the money, and the support team has been very helpful in my experience.

Cons

There ares some features where I feel limited. I am not too experienced with softwares like this, so I don't know what's available....but I really wish there was a pop-up feature, where users could click on a button and it would connect to their email to forward a newsletter for example. I also have experienced some deliverability issues and have not been 100% satisfied with the response. I think with this and being a new user, it takes time to learn and develop the best strategy.

Response from Benchmark

Hello Andrew,

Thank you for the review and high rating.

Regarding the feature you mentioned, we do have a forward option for the campaigns you send. When you have a moment, log in and chat with us, we'd love to show you how this feature works and also how to improve your deliverability.

- Benchmark Team

Judith E.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Waiting For the Beta

Reviewed on 15/04/2017

I have used other email marketing programs. I chose Benchmark because I wanted an inexpensive option for a project for a client. I would say Benchmark is easy to use and easy to learn especially if you have ever used an email marketing program before. But like all software programs, it has its quirks and you learn to get around them.

But Benchmark's tutorials, FAQs and feature lists may not supply you with all the information you need. For instance, there are two email automation programs that each offer only one or two automated steps after the trigger. Nowhere in the documentation did it clearly state that only the Automation Pro, that is still in Beta, offers a customer's journey that you can use to send out more than two emails in a sequence.

On the other hand, don't pay for more than you need. If you blast out emails to a list of established customers with only quarterly sales discounts, or discounts for birthdays and holidays, Benchmark is enough. And Benchmark is inexpensive. But if you want to onboard various segments of your customers, educating them and eliciting their engagement, this is not the email marketing program for you.

There are two locations for live support, one is offshore and the other is domestic. The offshore folks are nice people but they mainly operate by rote. The domestic support gets it right, but I am still waiting to find out if a personalized greeting can be added to the Automation Beta. In my opinion, a personalized greeting should be a standard feature in a customer's journey. I don't know if it is or not and none of their stated info tells you.

Pros

Benchmark is easy to use. Easy to set up. Good for very simple customer outreach, i.e a storefront that collects emails and wants to alert customers to sales.

Cons

Very limited feature set. Not standard at this point.

Response from Benchmark Email

Hi Judith,

We appreciate you using Benchmark Email and taking the time to provide some feedback. Thank you for your kind words in regards to our ease of use as well.

We do, however, want to address some of your points in regards to our FAQs and tutorials as well as Automation Pro. Admittedly, our FAQs and tutorials are an area we¿d like to put more focus on. That¿s why we¿ve recently established a training department to help keep those areas better up-to-date and helpful to marketers. Our tools are constantly evolving and the support resources we provide must as well. We¿re confident this new department will succeed in this regard, as well as with keeping all support offices across the globe on the same page.

Your feedback in regards to Automation Pro is an integral part of the beta process. We expect new features to continue to be added to the automation platform throughout the beta period and after.

Again, thanks for the kind words and feedback.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Michael M.
Industry: Media Production

Happy customer

Reviewed on 30/05/2019

Overall I enjoy using it very much.

Pros

Unlike other email programs, benchmark allows me to send as many emails as I need without having to pay extra. I think benchmark is one of the only platforms that allows me to pay on the basis of the number of records and add the number of emails that I send.

Cons

Sometimes there is massive delays in receiving test emails.

Response from Benchmark

Hello Michael,

Thank you for your review.

Please don't doubt to chat with us if you're encountering issues with our test emails. We'll be glad to help.

- Benchmark Team