Benchmark Email

4.2/5

Isaac
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

• Customer Support Software

Great email marketing software!

Reviewed on 23/05/2019

We have been able to keep in touch with our customers more consistently and easily! We have been able to directly track emails sent out to segmented lists that have converted into immediate sales.

Pros

A great combination of ease of use and high functionality.

Cons

There really isn't anything I don't like about the software.

Response from Benchmark

Hello Isaac,

Thank you for your great feedback.

We're glad to know Benchmark has helped you convert your communication into immediate sales.

- Benchmark Team

Hasnain
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Great Service

Reviewed on 31/05/2019

The software overall is great. It allows me import the contacts I want in any way I want, create emails, schedule or send emails out immediately and even has analytics for the emails that have been sent out.

Pros

When creating an email, it is ever so easy. There are many templates to choose from and if you don't want a template you don't have to use one!
I can create an email within minutes as the click and drop feature allows me to have my email layouts exactly the way I want it.

Cons

Some of the templates I am unable to add things to. For example, there was a template with a blank space for aesthetic reasons. I would have much rather place an image in the area, however I couldn't. There isn't many negatives I can comment on this software as it is brilliantly done.

Response from Benchmark

Hello Hasnain,

Thanks for the great feedback.

Next time you're working on a template and need assistance, let us know!

- Benchmark Team

Derrick

Great but needs improvement

Reviewed on 31/05/2019

Its a decent program but for the money, it is to many glitches that need to be addressed. Spell check needs to be added back into the program as well.

Pros

Easy to Use
Clean layout
Ease of customizing templates
Training other team members on how to use is easy

Cons

Customer service is not that great - Most are not American so language is hard to understand
Too many glitches when working in templates
Have to send several TEST emails to make sure the functions are correct
The same email delivered to different members of my team show up differently or have different links
A lot of bugs in the back that need to be addressed
No Spell check function anymore
The image editor is not that great
uploading lists can be a pain sometimes you have to do them multiple times in order for them to get uploaded

Response from Benchmark

Hello Derrick,

Thanks for your feedback.

Whenever you have a moment, chat with us and let us know your concerns. We'll be glad to offer you a solution.

- Benchmark Team

Really good but expensive and complicated

Reviewed on 12/02/2022

Pros

- accurate statistics
- easy to use
- flexible design (emails looks good on any screen/device)

Cons

- price is too high
- pretty slow support
- it is hard to adjust scheduled emails considering all available settings (especially time zones)

• Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Simple, Effective Tool

Reviewed on 24/01/2019

Benchmark was an excellent starter tool for our company's email marketing campaigns. We eventually needed to move on to a tool with more functionality, integrations and features, but I would highly recommend Benchmark to those starting out with email marketing!

Pros

Benchmark was a very easy-to-use tool for our team's email campaigns. You need very little design experience to create beautiful campaigns. All of the features are very intuitive.

Cons

Benchmark doesn't offer the same features as some of the other big players; the automation is limited and tracking/analytics don't stack up. For the price and basic features though, it's a win.

Response from Benchmark

Hi,

Thank you for the review.

- Benchmark Team

Does basic functions well

Reviewed on 07/02/2018

Benchmark helped us keep all of our data organized and made it easy to connect with our supporters.

Pros

Benchmark was a great launching pad for my organization's email campaigns. Eventually we switched to Mailchimp because it allowed us more options for special offers and was easier to integrate with other systems. However, Benchmark got the job done initially and was easy to then export our contacts when moving to a new system.

Cons

Benchmark does not offer as much as mailchimp for tracking, growth, and integration. It is a more basic email campaign management software, but does the basics very well.

Response from Benchmark

Thanks for the review! I know our integration options aren't as extensive as some of our competitors but we are working fast to expand these. Thank you for your business and we wish you the best! :)

Fatima
  • Used for 6-12 months

• Customer Support Software

My Experience with Benchmark Email.

Reviewed on 04/04/2018

Easy to use. Uncomplicated. Great customer support. Great value.
Great tool for managing mass emailing, client lists, sign up forms, autoresponders, email campaigns and surveys.

Pros

Great tool for email marketing campaigns.
Its templates are responsive and mobile friendly.
Drag and drop option.
Offers free surveys.
Easy to incorporate social sharing.
The Editor for the email campaign is easy to use.
Its simple to use and has a free plan.

Cons

I consider Benchmar email to be one of the best Email Marketing tools. If there is something that could improve, for me would be:
The automation its not clear enough.
There isn't very much analytics on the free version.

Response from Benchmark

Thank you for these kind words and support! We are working hard to improve our Automation tools to have more clarity and functionality. Thanks for your feedback and for choosing Benchmark :)

David
  • Industry: Banking

GOOD TOOL FOR MAILS

Reviewed on 24/05/2019

Pros

Very easy to use. A lot of grids. You can make an email insert images, documents in few minutes.

Cons

More grids and a liitle program to format images will be fine

Response from Benchmark

Hello David,

Thanks for your high rating.

We're always working on improving our features. Image editor is one of them.

- Benchmark Team

Two Way Play

• Customer Support Software

Benchmark- EXCELLENT in every way!

Reviewed on 09/03/2016

No one asked us to write this review--we just want to make sure you know that Benchmark has been absolutely excellent! Two Way Play has engaged with Benchmark to send out a large number of emails announcing the release of our app, Knock-Knock! Who's There? and the upcoming app books in the series. Their software is extremely user-friendly, even for those who are not tech-savvy. The visuals, instructions, and tutorials are clear, plentiful, and easy to follow. And their Customer Service is superb! They are super-knowledgeable and responsive. All EXCELLENT!

Pros

Superb Customer Service--responsive and highly knowledgeable
Simple, User-friendly software, even for the non-tech-savvy
Plenty of instructions, visuals, tutorials to walk you through it
Links to social media networks
Great tracking of emails and outcomes

Cons

None!
(We tried using Mail Chimp but it was so complex and confusing that the investment of time and learning curve wasn't worth it! But with Benchmark, you can step right in and begin!) We highly recommend Benchmark!

Abigail
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

A great Alternative to MailChimp

Reviewed on 11/11/2016

I'm almost always on the lookout for free marketing software's to test out and after using SendinBlue and MailChimp, I wanted something with email marketing automation similar to MailChimp but with a smooth UI and design the abilities of MailChimp.

I found Benchmark while searching for free email automation software's on Google.

I wanted an email marketing software to create an email course. I could have used SendinBlue but I wanted one that would notify me whenever someone joins the course, I also wanted a software that integrated with Facebook.

Benchmarks free plan caught my eyes and I signed up after asking the online support a few questions.

Pros: Responsive templates somewhat similar to Active Hosted Drag and Drop editor. Creating templates email templates were easy and the customization options were great.

Cons: I asked the customer support if I could add an image header in the email signup form (MailChimp supports this) and he said yes. Sadly, like Zoho Forms and SendinBlue forms, the design options for signup forms are very limited and doesn't allow more branding options.

Pros

Simple email editor, The free plan comes with features for beginners to email marketing or for bloggers and small businesses.

Cons

The email automation in the freeplan only allows one-off emails like welcome emails. What i wanted was to create drip campigns such as email courses but unfortunately the free plan doesnt allow that.

I wish they had stated what the freeplan can and cannot do before i signed up, because i was looking forward to A/B testing, indepth reports and creating drip campigns but the free plan doesn't allow that.

Response from Benchmark Email

Hello Abigail,

Thank you for the detailed review! In regards to the image on your signup form, we made some improvements to our signup form tools and you should be able to add in an image to the form. Please contact our support team if you have questions on how to do this. We thank you for using our service and sharing the good word with the world! Please keep an eye out for some new automation tools. :)

Brian

Hits the Mark!

Reviewed on 30/05/2019

We are a Provincial Health Authority covering an area roughly the size of France, and current health related information is critical to our subscribers. Benchmark resolved an issue of timely, wide reach that we had been trying to resolve.

Pros

The best part of this software is the ability to plan the reach in advance so our contacts are kept 'in the know' even when the editor is otherwise occupied with meetings, conferences, etc. We have three separate weekly and bi weekly going out to three different audiences, covering 2,500 individual contacts, and we can pre-populate weeks in advance and backfill where necessary at the last min, or just let the information go as scheduled.

Cons

The learning curve was steep, but short. We had a couple of false starts to begin with, but learned from our errors.
Line spacing can be an issue. Even when the preview shows single spaced sometimes the publication comes out 1.5 or double spaced - not a big problem for our use, but we get some calls from our constituents about "weird formatting".

Response from Benchmark

Hello Brian,

Thank you for your feedback and great rating.

Chat with us to help you with the formatting of your email, sometimes something as small as copying and pasting can affect the format.

- Benchmark Team

Jeetendraa
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Best for email marketing

Reviewed on 24/05/2019

Its good and price effective.

Pros

Very easy to use.As you don't require a trained staff to work on benchmark.

Cons

More templates to be included. As for travels there are very few. You must include new templates in every 2/3 months. So that we dont use the same templates again and again. Also templates options for Indian Festivals.

Response from Benchmark

Hello Jeetendraa,

Thank you for the review and high rating.

We will take into consideration the templates request.

- Benchmark Team

Ian
  • Industry: Publishing
  • Used for 2+ years

A Very Good Auto-responder That Fits My Needs

Reviewed on 13/04/2020

Pros

What I like most about the software is when I signed up it was free up to the first two thousand subscribers and still allows the feature of having an auto-responder on it. This is very helpful to someone when you're first starting out, as an independent self-published author you need something that can send a lead magnet/free gift to get people to sign up to your email list, a lot of the other email list providers don't allow for the auto-responder aspect unless you use a paid version of their software.

Cons

As of yet, I can honestly say I haven't found anything difficult with using Benchmark or that there's anything missing or needs to be improved on. It's hard to complain about the free email account when you're starting out.

Michelle
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

• Customer Support Software

It just didn't work for me.

Reviewed on 05/12/2016

I tried Benchmark Email for a couple of months and while I found it fairly easy to use, I was disappointed in the low amount of "views" my emails got when I checked on the status. I understand that since I do not have my own domain named email, that free email services such as "Gmail" often end up in spam filters. However, I have used another email marketing service and got more opened emails through them, so I fear the stigma is more on Benchmark than the fact that I use a free email provider. Otherwise, I can't explain why the other service I have used worked better. For this reason, I have stopped using Benchmark, after a couple of months, and went back to my previous provider. It's no offense to the service, but if it's not working for me, as a marketing tool, why should I continue to use it?

Pros

The emails look very professional and the software is easy to use.

Cons

I was not getting enough feedback compared to another marketing tool I have used, so I decided to stop using Benchmark.

Response from Benchmark Email

Hello Michelle,

Thank you for this feedback, it really means a lot to us.

Based on your feedback, I understand your decision to use an alternative service.

Email delivery is essential to our service. We know we had issues with this in the past and we are working hard to provide our clients with the best email delivery possible. We are improving our vetting systems to avoid "spammer" like clients that could affect our sending reputation and we are improving our back end technology as well.

We are also working on more education to help our users understand best email marketing practices.

Again, Thank You for this feedback and we hope the next time you try us, your experience is much better.

- Daniel Miller

Nicolette
  • Industry: Farming

To use or not to use - that is the question

Reviewed on 31/05/2019

I find it user friendly and has a quality feel and look to it.

Pros

I like that once the template is built it is very easy to customize or change components of it from one publication to another as far as text or images, links etc.

Cons

I wish when you had an image with text that the text would automatically wrap around the picture instead of having to build in another text box. Otherwise the text is off to the side and there is a large empty column on the right or left. If it had the capacity to text wrap it would be so much easier.

Response from Benchmark

Hello Nicolette,

Thanks for your feedback.

We noted down the text wrap feature request.

Julia

Overall usage

Reviewed on 28/12/2019

It's been time consuming to figure out how to get the campaigns to the parents in my\our contact so they do get the messages that they need to know for their child's participation in the our program without having the email end up in spam. We did not have so much problems with the Mailchimp service which leads me to think that Benchmark is just not as well known and accepted.

Pros

Easy to learn.
Able to provide multiple user access through subaccounts dependent on the plan selected.
Subaccount users have the freedom to add contact and send campaigns.
Able to resend email to people who have not opened the campaign.

Cons

Most of the email appears to be arriving in people's spam inboxes.
Can't seem to resend email to people who have soft bounces.
Can't seem to resend email through contact.
Sometime text formatting does not seem to work.
When using the enter email address option to resend, not sure why it is asking for a list name and email addresses versus just email addresses alone.

Constant Contact

John
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

New to Benchmark

Reviewed on 03/12/2019

Pros

So far I really have enjoyed the ease to get quickly started on a project.

Cons

I would like a 1:4 column template. Can't add a 2nd user.

Constant Contact, Zoho CRM, and Mailchimp
Verity
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

User-friendly, Great Support

Reviewed on 20/09/2020

I send out a great many videos and wouldn't use a email service without this capability. My trial period was cut short due to the limitations on a free account, forcing me to pay before I had a chance to evaluate the platform. I feel there should be special pricing for a Non-Profit. I'd like to see unlimited contacts and due to a paid account, have unlimited emails.

Pros

I've experienced great support and sending my first email was fairly easy. Drag & Drop feature is a good selling point.

Cons

The editor is slow and I set the line spacing but it seems to choose what it wants.

Peter

Suits my needs

Reviewed on 23/05/2019

It provides direct contact to people who want to hear from me-I like that.

Pros

It is easy for me to get out my message. I don't use all facets of it but it does what I need.

Cons

Once in a while I have to mess around with images but I generally get it figured out.

Response from Benchmark

Hello Peter,

Thanks for your feedback.

Images are a big part of Email Marketing campaigns, we're working on always providing the best experience. Let us know whenever you need assistance.

Maria

• Customer Support Software

Easy to use, but could use some updates

Reviewed on 23/05/2019

Pros

Easy to drag and drop images and files to upload. Features are pretty intuitive. Easy to look at and move things around in a template.

Cons

Limited to three columns on some templates. When I round a box in the editing mode, it doesn't show the same way in the recipients' email.

Response from Benchmark

Hello Maria,

Thanks for your review.

Don't doubt in chatting with us if you find any type of formatting issues. We're here to help.

- Benchmark Team

Cost effective and easy to use

Reviewed on 23/05/2019

Pros

It's very simple to create your own images and templates. Other software applications that we used in the past didn't give us the formatting flexibility that we wanted. This is very user friendly.

Cons

Sometimes we have a hard time with text being formatted oddly - especially if you copy and paste verbiage from another program.

Response from Benchmark

Hi,

Larry J.
  • Industry: Publishing

Benchmark works for me

Reviewed on 23/05/2019

Overall a wonderful email platform to use.

Pros

Love Benchmark! Very easy to create new emails and very useful templates.

Cons

Need to be able to move items around better, sometimes white spaces appear.

Response from Benchmark

Hello Larry,

Thank you for the high rating.

If you ever see white spaces again, let us know, we have a couple of tips to get rid of those empty blocks.

- Benchmark Team

John
  • Industry: Hospitality

Great Email list server

great

Pros

Easy for me to set up emails to my membership, the schedule feature is great

Cons

There are some people who get blocked, I wish there was a better way to fix the bounce problems

Response from Benchmark

Hello John,

Thanks for your feedback.

Chat with us about the bounce problems, we'd like to offer you a solution if possible.

Ariana
  • Industry: Events Services
  • Used for 2+ years

Benchmark

Reviewed on 30/05/2019

Communication with potential clients

Pros

price - ability to update email addresses without them being cleaned.

Cons

difficulty - basic functions are not here. Webforms often incorrectly format

Response from Benchmark

Hello Ariana,

Thanks for your review.

Please chat with us and let us know about your concerns, we'll be glad to assist you.

Zen
  • Industry: Translation & Localization

Benchmark Email Review

Reviewed on 31/05/2019

I have been using benchmark pretty frequently, and (for the most part) am very satisfied with the quality of its performance.

Pros

It makes sending bulk emails out very easy (which I guess is the point).
It additionally gives me details of what is happening to my email after I send it,
which I enjoy looking at.

Cons

I'd say sometimes when editing an email, the font etc. gets strangely muddled up.
Also, it doesn`t give me too many options to edit the background of the emails (static colors).
I wish also that we could add a contact list on top of the one previously added because usually
my lists grow as more people join the mailing list as the days progress. It would be nice to have the computer recognize which email details they already have, and just add the extra ones that are added later.

Response from Benchmark

Hello Zen,

Thank you for the feedback.

We'd love to offer you an appropriate response to your concerns, please chat with us whenever you have a moment.

- Benchmark Team