Benchmark Email Reviews

Fatima
Fatima
  • Used for 6-12 months

• Customer Support Software

My Experience with Benchmark Email.

Reviewed on 04/04/2018

Easy to use. Uncomplicated. Great customer support. Great value.
Great tool for managing mass...

Easy to use. Uncomplicated. Great customer support. Great value.
Great tool for managing mass emailing, client lists, sign up forms, autoresponders, email campaigns and surveys.

Pros

Great tool for email marketing campaigns.
Its templates are responsive and mobile friendly.
Drag and drop option.
Offers free surveys.
Easy to incorporate social sharing.
The Editor for the email campaign is easy to use.
Its simple to use and has a free plan.

Cons

I consider Benchmar email to be one of the best Email Marketing tools. If there is something that could improve, for me would be:
The automation its not clear enough.
There isn't very much analytics on the free version.

Response from Polaris Software

Thank you for these kind words and support! We are working hard to improve our Automation tools to have more clarity and functionality. Thanks for your feedback and for choosing Benchmark :)

Michael
  • Industry: Media Production

Happy customer

Reviewed on 30/05/2019

Overall I enjoy using it very much.

Overall I enjoy using it very much.

Pros

Unlike other email programs, benchmark allows me to send as many emails as I need without having to pay extra. I think benchmark is one of the only platforms that allows me to pay on the basis of the number of records and add the number of emails that I send.

Cons

Sometimes there is massive delays in receiving test emails.

Reasons for Switching to Benchmark Email

Because they charge you by the number of emails that you send. benchmark does not do that.

Response from Polaris Software

Hello Michael,

Thank you for your review.

Please don't doubt to chat with us if you're encountering issues with our test emails. We'll be glad to help.

- Benchmark Team

Derrick
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Great but needs improvement

Reviewed on 31/05/2019

Its a decent program but for the money, it is to many glitches that need to be addressed. Spell check needs to be added back into the program as well.

Pros

Easy to Use
Clean layout
Ease of customizing templates
Training other team members on how to use is easy

Cons

Customer service is not that great - Most are not American so language is hard to understand
Too many glitches when working in templates
Have to send several TEST emails to make sure the functions are correct
The same email delivered to different members of my team show up differently or have different links
A lot of bugs in the back that need to be addressed
No Spell check function anymore
The image editor is not that great
uploading lists can be a pain sometimes you have to do them multiple times in order for them to get uploaded

Response from Polaris Software

Hello Derrick,

Thanks for your feedback.

Whenever you have a moment, chat with us and let us know your concerns. We'll be glad to offer you a solution.

- Benchmark Team

Noel

• Customer Support Software

Easy to use email marketing software

Reviewed on 21/02/2022

Excellent customer service right from the get go

Excellent customer service right from the get go

Pros

I like that Benchmark is clean looking and easy to navigate. You can create an email in no time.
I like the email templates.

Cons

I don't like that I have to create a segment to email a few people in my list.
Also my current website doesn't integrate with Benchmark to save emails. They said they were working on that feature, however. So not Benchmark issue.

Constant Contact and MailerLite

Reasons for Choosing Benchmark Email

MailChimp isn't easy to use and has virtually no customer service. I'm a yoga instructor, not an IT specialist

Reasons for Switching to Benchmark Email

No fuss interfaces and easy to use for my small business. Plus I was connected with a very helpful sales rep
Laura

Great Software!

Reviewed on 06/09/2019

With Benchmark I'm able to communicate with all of my clients, inform them about new deals, and work to promote my business well. Not only that, but Benchmark also provides us with valuable statistics about how our well our email was received.

Pros

This software is extremely organized and user friendly. I am able to navigate my emailed newsletters with ease and convey everything in one place.

Cons

There isn't much I don't enjoy about this product. I will admit there is a bit of a learning curve to the formatting; however, once you get the hang of it it is smooth sailing.

Really good but expensive and complicated

Reviewed on 12/02/2022

Pros

- accurate statistics
- easy to use
- flexible design (emails looks good on any screen/device)

Cons

- price is too high
- pretty slow support
- it is hard to adjust scheduled emails considering all available settings (especially time zones)

• Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Simple, Effective Tool

Reviewed on 24/01/2019

Benchmark was an excellent starter tool for our company's email marketing campaigns. We eventually needed to move on to a tool with more functionality, integrations and features, but I would highly recommend Benchmark to those starting out with email marketing!

Pros

Benchmark was a very easy-to-use tool for our team's email campaigns. You need very little design experience to create beautiful campaigns. All of the features are very intuitive.

Cons

Benchmark doesn't offer the same features as some of the other big players; the automation is limited and tracking/analytics don't stack up. For the price and basic features though, it's a win.

Response from Polaris Software

Hi,

Thank you for the review.

- Benchmark Team

Does basic functions well

Reviewed on 07/02/2018

Benchmark helped us keep all of our data organized and made it easy to connect with our supporters.

Pros

Benchmark was a great launching pad for my organization's email campaigns. Eventually we switched to Mailchimp because it allowed us more options for special offers and was easier to integrate with other systems. However, Benchmark got the job done initially and was easy to then export our contacts when moving to a new system.

Cons

Benchmark does not offer as much as mailchimp for tracking, growth, and integration. It is a more basic email campaign management software, but does the basics very well.

Response from Polaris Software

Thanks for the review! I know our integration options aren't as extensive as some of our competitors but we are working fast to expand these. Thank you for your business and we wish you the best! :)

John

good service, some good features, needs photo editor and interface improvement

Reviewed on 23/05/2019

Good - I use it often to communicate with prospective camp families and staff!

Good - I use it often to communicate with prospective camp families and staff!

Pros

the email editor is excellent, and the open/click tracking is very good.

Cons

the built-in photo editor is poor. simple things are missing, like rounded corners, circle mask, edge blur and erosion...

The interface is very “clicky” - there are multiple clicks where one will do (e.g. Adding contacts), and pathways you need to click through over and over again (e.g. Look at unopens, resend to unopens). An interface once-over could save hundreds of clicks.

Delivery rates seem to have improved, but were low in Fall 2018. Also AOL seems inclined to auto-mark Benchnark as spam, which Benchmark then lowers your rating for! I had to remove all AOL addresses.

Response from Polaris Software

Hello John,

Thanks for the feedback.

Whenever you have a moment, chat with us and let us know about these issues, they seem as if they're isolated to your account.

David
  • Industry: Banking
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

GOOD TOOL FOR MAILS

Reviewed on 24/05/2019

Pros

Very easy to use. A lot of grids. You can make an email insert images, documents in few minutes.

Cons

More grids and a liitle program to format images will be fine

Response from Polaris Software

Hello David,

Thanks for your high rating.

We're always working on improving our features. Image editor is one of them.

- Benchmark Team

Julia

Overall usage

Reviewed on 28/12/2019

It's been time consuming to figure out how to get the campaigns to the parents in my\our contact so they do get the messages that they need to know for their child's participation in the our program without having the email end up in spam. We did not have so much problems with the Mailchimp service which leads me to think that Benchmark is just not as well known and accepted.

Pros

Easy to learn.
Able to provide multiple user access through subaccounts dependent on the plan selected.
Subaccount users have the freedom to add contact and send campaigns.
Able to resend email to people who have not opened the campaign.

Cons

Most of the email appears to be arriving in people's spam inboxes.
Can't seem to resend email to people who have soft bounces.
Can't seem to resend email through contact.
Sometime text formatting does not seem to work.
When using the enter email address option to resend, not sure why it is asking for a list name and email addresses versus just email addresses alone.

Constant Contact

Reasons for Choosing Benchmark Email

Feature and cost

Cost and feature
Jenna

• Customer Support Software

Not user friendly + Crashed multiple times in the few weeks

Reviewed on 23/05/2019

We have decided to move to MailChimp. We are in the process of shifting over now. Thank you for the last few years of your support and service but we have experienced much unnecessary frustration with your features and stability.

Pros

Comfort as we have used your software for years. Time to time, I get a supervisor who can actually understand my query and answer my question properly.

Cons

Customer Service reps follow a script and do not read my initial query leading me to repeat myself and get really frustrated. Not all but most.
Limitations on features such as editing html coded emails and not being able to upload html files. Limited to copy pasting html coded text.
The Last Straw: Glitches and Crashing. For the past few months, I have gotten an error message when editing an image. There seems to be alot of crashes in the last few weeks. One day the whole site was down for HOURS. We were in the process of finalize an email to distribute to our members. As a result, we had to send the timely email late.

Response from Polaris Software

Hello Jenna,

We are sorry to see you go. Thanks for the time you were with us.

- Benchmark Team

Amanda

• Customer Support Software

Good but better customer communication needed

Reviewed on 23/05/2019

Overall, the program works well. Communication needs worked on.

Overall, the program works well. Communication needs worked on.

Pros

The software is easy to use and offers a variety of layouts.

Cons

Over the past 12 months or so, Benchmark has removed several internal functions. No communication about the changes was shared and we did not find out until we had to contact customer service. Each time we were told that Benchmark now recommends third-party add-ins.

Response from Polaris Software

Hello Amanda,

Thanks for your review.

We will take your feedback into consideration.

Mohammed

Email feedback from

Average

Average

Pros

Good for normal email campaign and good that BM has inbuilt list of unsubscribe and invalid contats

Cons

Not at all suitable for heavy automation no form for opt out like mail chimp offer

Response from Polaris Software

Hello Mohammed,

Thank you for the feedback.

Whenever you have a moment, chat with us and ask us about our Manage Subscription form and share with us other concerns you may have.

- Benchmark Team

Ian
  • Industry: Publishing
  • Used for 2+ years

A Very Good Auto-responder That Fits My Needs

Reviewed on 13/04/2020

Pros

What I like most about the software is when I signed up it was free up to the first two thousand subscribers and still allows the feature of having an auto-responder on it. This is very helpful to someone when you're first starting out, as an independent self-published author you need something that can send a lead magnet/free gift to get people to sign up to your email list, a lot of the other email list providers don't allow for the auto-responder aspect unless you use a paid version of their software.

Cons

As of yet, I can honestly say I haven't found anything difficult with using Benchmark or that there's anything missing or needs to be improved on. It's hard to complain about the free email account when you're starting out.

• Industry: Media Production

We have been using it for a long time

We have been using it for a long time

Pros

This software is practical to use in a daily v

Cons

The e-mail sender is always changing so the receiver can not record the e-mail address in is non spam list.

Response from Polaris Software

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

Whenever you have a moment, please chat with us, we'd love to assist you on the email sender matter.

- Benchmark Team

Kristina
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

• Customer Support Software

Customer service is great - but there are glitches in the program that need fixing.

Reviewed on 17/07/2017

FREE Subscription!

FREE Subscription!

Pros

That is free to PTA's! I like the fairly ease of use - -but wish there was a little more flexibility in the design features. And the blocks can sometimes make it tricky and tedious to edit.

Cons

The login -it never saves my password. And - sometimes it asks for the email address to login and other times it asks for username. This is confusing. I have had a lot of trouble with this. I also don't like that your account is closed down if you have too many bounces - - on the first time sending something out. It shouldn't do this unless it is a multiple case scenario. Schools search for alumni - this is the case. They give an email address to Harris Publishing that does our directory and we assume it is "good" but then it comes back. And - major corporations do not like Benchmark emails -and bounce them.

Response from Polaris Software

Hello Kristina,

We are happy to see you use our PTA Email Marketing plan. We made this plan to help improve the communication to parents. In regards to editing the templates and your login issues, I would like to try to setup a support call to review this. Please contact us at your earliest convenience to schedule a 30 min call with your account manager or a support representative.

All the best!
- Daniel Miller

Lynette
  • Industry: Photography

Great software

Benvhmark is easy to use and hreat product

Benvhmark is easy to use and hreat product

Pros

Easy to use. Use the software daily and I never have a problem

Cons

Nothing. The software is great to use dsily

Response from Polaris Software

Hello Lynette,

Thanks for your review and high rating.

- Benchmark Team

Julie
  • Industry: Wholesale

Good service but inconsistent

Reviewed on 31/05/2019

It’s good product for the price.

It’s good product for the price.

Pros

I like how easy it is to manipulate and how quickly it sends immediate messages. Scheduled messages are always on time. Very easy to use and generally quick to create messages that are effective.

Cons

Sometimes the “from” address changes even when sent from the same account. Also, sometimes the messages don’t appear like the samples to the same email platform.

Response from Polaris Software

Hello Julie,

Thank you for the feedback.

Please don't doubt in calling us whenever you have a concern.

- Benchmark Team

Verity
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

User-friendly, Great Support

Reviewed on 20/09/2020

I send out a great many videos and wouldn't use a email service without this capability. My trial period was cut short due to the limitations on a free account, forcing me to pay before I had a chance to evaluate the platform. I feel there should be special pricing for a Non-Profit. I'd like to see unlimited contacts and due to a paid account, have unlimited emails.

Pros

I've experienced great support and sending my first email was fairly easy. Drag & Drop feature is a good selling point.

Cons

The editor is slow and I set the line spacing but it seems to choose what it wants.

mike

• Customer Support Software

Excellent email marketing tool and possibly the best free start up package available.

Reviewed on 09/07/2018

It has allowed to start my email campaign with no initial outlay. For someone starting out in internet marketing this service is hard to beat.

Pros

Free to open your account and gather up to 2000 subscribers, making this service hard to beat for entrepreneurs to get started in email marketing. Very simple to use and understand.

Cons

A little more Wordpress integration would be very welcome and the selection of sign up forms is a little limited.

Response from Polaris Software

Hello Mike! Thanks for the review. Our free account allows startups to test the waters with email marketing to prove it's success without spending a dime! In regards to Wordpress, have you tried our plugin? You can find it by searching for "Benchmark Email Lite" in Wordpress. If you would like to see improvements on the plugin, please don't hesitate to reach out with your suggestions. We'd love to hear your ideas.

Peter

Suits my needs

Reviewed on 23/05/2019

It provides direct contact to people who want to hear from me-I like that.

It provides direct contact to people who want to hear from me-I like that.

Pros

It is easy for me to get out my message. I don't use all facets of it but it does what I need.

Cons

Once in a while I have to mess around with images but I generally get it figured out.

Response from Polaris Software

Hello Peter,

Thanks for your feedback.

Images are a big part of Email Marketing campaigns, we're working on always providing the best experience. Let us know whenever you need assistance.

- Benchmark Team

• Industry: Entertainment
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Used for our monthly investor updates

Reviewed on 20/09/2022

Great! Just annoying to have emails go to spam.

Great! Just annoying to have emails go to spam.

Pros

I liked how simple it was to create email groups, template emails and email campaigns. It's literally the easiest one to use and I used MailChimp for a long time before switching to Benchmark.

Cons

My emails would often go to Junk. I even "warmed up" my email, but I still had problems.

Kristin

Benchmark review

Reviewed on 31/05/2019

Our company has had an over good experience with Benchmark!

Our company has had an over good experience with Benchmark!

Pros

The drag and drop editing ability makes it easy to build templates.

Cons

The contact list upload can be hit or miss. Sometimes lists are uploaded, reviewed but then show no contacts without a stated reason.

Response from Polaris Software

Hello Kristin,

Thank you for the review.

Chat with us whenever you have a concern about a feature. We'll gladly assist you.

- Benchmark Team

Mandy
  • Used for 6-12 months

Easy to Use

Reviewed on 20/06/2017

Pros

It was pretty easy to use. I liked the variety of templates and the reports were very useful. I like the sign up forms.

Cons

I didn't understand the segments. I switched back to my old email list because I was more familiar with it and it tied in with some other items that I needed to do with my website, specifically the landing pages.

Response from Polaris Software

Hello Mandy,

Thanks for the feedback! In regards to the segments, I would love to understand your current workflow to see if we can help you with our segments. I know changing to a new interface can sometimes be a challenge but I'm sure with a few tips of guidance you can be a segmenting pro in Benchmark!
Please let us know if you would like to setup a call to understand your workflow and see what we can do in your Benchmark account.
Thanks!