monday.com Reviews

Jeff
Jeff

Best Project Mgmt Software I've Ever Used

Reviewed on 29/09/2020

I've been using Monday.com for a few years (at the time of this review) for a number of personal projects, more importantly in my career to manage tickets and many different kinds of projects for my IT Department and for software and hardware implementations.

Pros

Monday.com is absolutely amazing! It's extremely intuitive and simple to get up and get using! The different ways that you can setup your Project Boards make it extremely flexible and powerful. I've used other Project Management Software programs, and there isn't anything out there that compares. There are a lot of options for add-on's as well, and more are added monthly. Their how-to videos and great online documentation/help make it simple to get the most from Monday.com. Being able to set the combination of statuses and priorities help you stay focused and the collaboration functionality of the software is also intuitive and powerful. This makes completing projects both fun and productive!

Cons

The software is expensive...particularly compared to competing projects, but don't let this scare you away. Once you get through the free trial period, it will be apparent that it's worth the extra money to use something that's so simple yet powerful and flexible.

Basecamp and Asana

Reasons for Choosing monday.com

Monday.com is much more intuitive, much more visual, flexible, and has a far deeper feature set and better overall integration options.

Basecamp

Reasons for Switching to monday.com

Monday.com is simply more visual in the way it manages projects, more flexible in it's setup, and has far more features that the competing products.
Adir
Adir

• Customer Support Software

A robust project management tool for every need

Reviewed on 07/07/2020

Monday.com helps team collaborate and manage projects of any sort and size easily, with fully customizable dashboards and task lists.

Pros

Monday.com is almost too good to be true. It's flexible, it comes with a ton of customizations and automations, and it lets you manage any type of project in whatever way you please.
We're using it daily and it makes our lives so much better.
Oh, and their support is superb.

Cons

First off, pricing. Monday is not cheap, and they charge by sets of seats instead of individual seats. So if you're a team of 6 - you have to pay for 10 seats, which - on a software that isn't too cheap - can be pretty annoying.
On top of that, their Android app is sub-par, and I find myself using the mobile web version instead of the dedicated app.

Trello, ClickUp, and Asana

Reasons for Choosing monday.com

Monday seemed to be better suited for supporting larger teams and more projects simultaneously.

Trello

Reasons for Switching to monday.com

Monday seemed to be better suited for supporting larger teams and more projects simultaneously - plus they have more automations and integrations, which was crucial for us.

Response from monday.com

Hey Adir - thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We're happy to hear that monday.com has made your lives easier and you've had a good experience with our support team. As for our pricing, we hear you and understand where you're coming from. We're always working to improve our pricing approach, and appreciate your feedback.

Norman
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Best for project and task management

Reviewed on 06/04/2024

Pros

It is good for task and project management

Cons

It is not very intuitive to use. Things don’t always make sense where it is located

Asana

Reasons for Choosing monday.com

Pipedrive didn’t suit our needs at the time

Pipedrive
Bhavya
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Nice not so impressive

Reviewed on 02/04/2024

It's nice not so impressive but I like it

It's nice not so impressive but I like it

Pros

It's good easy to make any work not so complicated like other apps

Cons

Not so impressive in working connection of network is also so low

Mary

A One Stop Solution

Reviewed on 02/01/2024

Overall, my experience has been very positive and I've suggested Monday.com to clients.

Pros

I've tried several other tools for project management and found that Monday.com was the easiest for me to set up and use. I like the ability to easily invite guests to specific boards and the built-in commenting feature for files and projects is very helpful. I also like the variety of templates/boards that are available which makes customizing so much easier.

Cons

The initial set-up was a bit overwhelming but after watching the tutorials and becoming clear on what we needed to do as an organization, things got better. We still aren't using Monday.com to full capacity.

Trello and Asana

Reasons for Choosing monday.com

Monday.com was recommended by a member of a networking group I belong to. She raved about it every meeting and she took time to introduce me to how to use Monday.com for best results.

Airtable and GitScrum

Reasons for Switching to monday.com

Ease of use, price, and referral by a colleague were all reasons for choosing Monday.com
Jack
  • Industry: Wholesale

• Customer Support Software

Fantastic base platform with expanding feature set

Reviewed on 06/03/2024

I've always loved Monday and continue to be impressed with the features added as the years go on.

Pros

Monday has been a part of our organisation for years now. The team have been relentless in adding features and expanding its capabilities. At the core Monday does exactly as it describes, and allows the user to effectively manage tasks. However if you have the patience and creativity it can be moulded to just about any purpose required for your own personal needs

Cons

The only downside are the quirks of the platform that set it apart from something like a spreadsheet. Limited lookup functionality and complex nesting / rollup options become limiting factors in creating complex workflows as you expand your usage with the platform.

Otieno

• Customer Support Software

Pros and cons of monday.com

Reviewed on 15/03/2024

Project management and scheduling is easy with monday.com

Project management and scheduling is easy with monday.com

Pros

tracking projects progress is easy and collaboration within various projects and teams is easy with monday.com

Cons

I have not experienced any major issues with the tool despite being slow to load at times

Winnie

• Customer Support Software

All-in-One solution for project and assets management

Reviewed on 01/04/2024

Pros

I like that the tool makes it effortless to manage and keep track of projects as well as manage assets enhancing collaboration for teams.

Cons

The tool works well but there are instances where the the customer support are unresponsive

Oyaro

• Customer Support Software

Project management, collaboration and scheduling solution

Reviewed on 28/03/2024

Pros

The tool has been an effective tool in helping in project management and scheduling and with it we have been able to collaborate as a team.

Cons

The cost might be quite expensive compared to its alternatives.

Monday.com

Reviewed on 04/04/2024

Overall it's very useful and a worthy addition to your company IT systems.

Overall it's very useful and a worthy addition to your company IT systems.

Pros

Once you get used to the functionality and the idiosyncrasies, Monday can be extremely useful and a real alternative to endless spreadsheets.

Cons

There are a few gripes - it's expensive to have lots of users, and it sends you hordes of emails.

Ralph
Ralph
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Project management and organization for the rest of us.

Reviewed on 20/11/2019

We have tried MANY project management platforms and for us to select monday.com says a lot about the product. We have a varied group of individuals within our marketing department using this tools to coordinate everything from our detailed printing requests, web and online projects to translation flow (very difficult to manage due to the many contributors involved in this process.) Monday.com makes all of this convenient and easy to follow.

Pros

Its incredibly easy to create a work flow or "Board", add participants and follow the progress of many tasks with ease. We can attach any supporting files or materials needed to each post and tag a specific user. Email and desktop notifications alert you on any activity and there is a web based site you can go to or the even better desktop and mobile app versions.

Cons

One of the few cons i can think of is the absence of a "repeating or scheduled task". I know there are ways around this but it seems like something that should be native to it.

Karen
  • Industry: Construction Software
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Great Software, Easy To Use & Great Value for Money

Reviewed on 18/11/2020

Overall, Monday is a great tool to manage workload, projects, and keep people working together in a collaborative space. I would highly recommend this product to others if they are looking for an inexpensive, easy to use tool that is easy to implement. However, just beware, you will need to have an idea of how you want to use this tool otherwise the features may be too plentiful and not explained well enough to help out a user who is just looking for ideas.

Pros

Monday is a tool that my team uses daily to manage our workload. We're a Lean culture and use pull plans to tackle many large scale projects. Monday works really well for not only putting these pull plans together, but allowing for external users to view the workspace without having to purchase a license as well as enabling a dashboard that shows the workload across multiple workspaces/pull plans.

Cons

You're left to your own devices to figure a lot of the features out yourself. For the most part this is fine, but it can get frustrating when certain features and views were not always working the way I expected them to. For example, I created a dashboard to show all due dates according to the week. However, some dates just simply didn't populate if they were 3-4 weeks out. Instead they showed as "No date". I read the community forums, asked questions and tried everything I could, but in the end wasn't able to figure out why this was happening. I really wish their support team was more accessible. If I can't figure out what I'm trying to do I feel like I have no course of action other than to just scrap it and try something else.

Microsoft 365, Wrike, and Asana

Reasons for Choosing monday.com

Wrike was an ok tool for what we were trying to do, but seemed a bit more cumbersome to use and set-up our pull plans, which require a milestone, objectives and tactical plans.

Wrike

Reasons for Switching to monday.com

Monday seemed like a tool that could allow for multiple workspaces, creation of templates and was a tool that was not only easy to manage my team with, but was also able to give me the visibility I needed into what my team was working on without a lot of hassle to implement.

Right Performance and user friendly CRM Tool

Reviewed on 05/09/2021

Monday.com is an helpful CRM tool, I find it very useful because of its user friendliness, pipeline management, marketing campaign management.
They do allow a 14 days trail with no credit card required to test the useful functionalities of monday.com
Since it is web based it is easy to use I said lightweight app page.

Pros

Monday.com helps team members to analyze task quickly that they need to work on, workflows are based on the collaborative needs across department such as IT management and administrator team to ensures the stage gates are rightly set for an efficient collaboration.
The inbuilt Project management tool can adopt the kaban or gantt chart style for those who love project updates on those charts, Especially useful for users who are used to the traditional type of Project management functionality, and the updates bar in real time.
The interface is very neat and colorful, there are multiple widgets and apps that we can add in to the page.
The best feature that I like is the ease of use to set up a project dashboard and to add the workflow for the communication and notification with tasks that are needed for the project.

Cons

Monday.com have to bring back their phone support which got stopped due to the pandemic.
Non registered users cannot see any data or reports even in view only mode, so managing users info has no value with out getting them registered on monday.com.
Have limited software integrations such as slack and even few certain exchange emails.

Justin
Justin
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Monday.com - Great for 2 -3 People, Expensive for Anything Larger

Reviewed on 05/04/2022

Overall, If I really understood the costs upfront, I would have been more hesitant to transfer literally everything to Monday.com. I felt that it was kind of a hidden surprise and not in a good way. However, the project management for 2-3 people was incredible. I was moving at light speed, so much so that I needed to expand to more users. However, money doesn't grow on trees and I was ultimately stifled by the growing cost of each additional user. It definitely helped me organize all of my ideas into neat little boxes that could be expanded and tracked, which really gave me a birds eye view of my business.

Pros

At first, I loved Monday.com. The ease of use. The beautiful and simple design. I was enamored by every feature of this tool. Previously, I had notes jumbled on papers, in Apple Notes, and in Microsoft Excel. This was my solution to everything. I was able to transition all of my projects into one, sleek looking interface that inspired me to delve deeper into what was working about my company.

Cons

After the trial period ended, I realized the prices skyrocketed for adding multiple users. That totally sucked because I already transferred my entire digital life to Monday.com. 1 to 3 people was a do-able price for my small business. However, when I wanted to include 7 or 8 people, it was too cost prohibitive for the income that we were generating. Every penny matters when managing a business and this was the straw that broke the camels back for my utilization of Monday.com

Wix, iCloud, Eventbrite, Mailchimp, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Choosing monday.com

The ease of use and absolutely gorgeous design. And how it perfectly mimicked the desktop version on my phone. I was blown away. None of the other tools were able to come even close to the integration that I was able to achieve on Monday.com

iCloud, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to monday.com

Monday.com was by far the most advanced tool and gave me all the features I was looking for in one easy to use interface. I was absolutely sold on it as soon as I really delved deeper into it. I found that I was able to run my business more effectively and initially had huge success implementing it.
Shayla
Shayla
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Multiple boards can be created by various groups

Reviewed on 29/05/2022

Work orders that have been completed and those that are still in progress can be saved in the system. Council members are able to read updates without having to get regular email updates. Keeping tabs on my immediate team's daily workload and expected workload. Anyone who is suffering and needs more support or time, or who is short on work, may be easily identified.

Pros

It's the most user-friendly tracking tool available. Especially when teams are spread out across the globe, updates are almost always instantaneous. works on both Chrome and iOS. The views are simple to grasp and adjust to your own method of working. It's a breeze to get up and running, and it only takes a few minutes to learn and collaborate with your team.

Cons

The timeline feature, one of the nicest features, is not available in the free edition. Some of the integrations are a tad constrained. If you don't handle your email notifications, you'll be flooded.

Great functionality in the Free version and worth paying for if you need a bit extra

Reviewed on 07/09/2022

Really great, it's been a big help for us in onboarding a new team member and making sure we all know what we are meant to be doing.

Pros

The fact that it's so funcational when it's free and easy to see what you get for your money if you do pay for extras. That makes me more likely to upgrade to a paid account at times when we need it.
We love that its a really visual tool and this works for a 100% remote team running multiple complex projects. the ability to automate a lot of the processes also helps us and reduces our workload doing the silly little jobs that hold up getting into the real work!

Cons

The only thing I don't really like is the way the messages stack in the tasks and I haven't yet found a good way of having a space we can workshop in but we have other tolls for that which we can add links to so that's alright for now.

Jemima
  • Industry: Management Consulting

• Customer Support Software

Monday.com is the best task management software and CRM I have used.

Reviewed on 01/06/2023

Monday.com has helped streamline and systemise the business. It is great that it has a mobile app a computer desktop app and is accessed online. When deciding to switch over from another product I asked customer service a question and within the same day I had a zoom call organised and was able to have a full meeting with a fantastic rep who explained all the features and ensured that all aspects would suit our business.

Pros

Monday.com was very easy to migrate to from another CRM/task management system we were using before. The interface is very modern and easy to use. It makes working a real pleasure when everything is aesthetically pleasing. The time tracking, file management and customisable boards and tables are the best features for our business and keep everyone on task and track.

Cons

There aren't many cons of Monday.com. I would say that the most difficult part is creating the automatic workflows. The only other con is that it is not the cheapest software out there, however , I do believe it is worth the money.

Mike
Mike
  • Industry: Hospitality
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Making Repetitive and Manual Tasks More Efficient

Reviewed on 23/10/2023

We had a lot of manual (repetitive) tasks that we had to manually track/update. With Monday we were able to eliminate a lot of those and allow us to onboard more people with less staff.

Pros

I really like how we can build automated emails/actions based on a variety of things (either when a date arrives, something else gets done or somethin gets updated). It really helps to still get the emails out that we want to, when we want to, without having to wait until that day and copy and past templates into Outlook. It also gives us visuals on where things stand and what the team is working on

Cons

There ALOT of options and things to choose from with the integration/automation lists. Sometimes it is hard to find exactly what you want or have it do what you want without some research. But, once you get used to looking at it differently it makes it a little easier.

Workato

Reasons for Choosing monday.com

At the time Process Street did not have the automation options that Monday did, so, it wasn't as powerful.

Process Street

Reasons for Switching to monday.com

Workato is a massive project that can do even more then Monday.com, but, because of the pricing, it would only make sense to use it once we ramped up to a larger scale to get the value out of it, which we werent ready for at the time.
Janelle
  • Industry: Construction Software

• Customer Support Software

Best project management solution for construction

Reviewed on 07/12/2023

Monday has been a fantastic project management solution for our business. We have come to rely solely on it to manage all of our tasks across several departments like HR, Sales, Operations, etc.

The product performs very well. We very rarely have to fix things by hand. It's also relatively easy to set up and integrate with other tools, and surprisingly, it didn't take months to move everyone's tasks onto it thanks to the simple interface. All in all, we're very happy with the serivce from Monday, would definitely recommend.

Pros

I love how in-depth the product is. There are so many modules for all kinds of different features, like managing documents, inventory, pdfs, and more. It makes it so much easier for us to maintain our IT infrastructure by reducing the number of separate tools we have to integrate and keep up with. It's also a big plus for our budget. Also, I think the interface is masterfully designed to make everything easy to navigate even when you start having more and more boards and projects on it.

Cons

It woyld be good to have the mobile interface improved a bit. Right now, it's a bit ard to navigate and you can't use a lot of the features on mobile. We'd definitely benefit from having more features available on mobile, especially for our field personnel.

Jira, Project Server, and Asana

Reasons for Switching to monday.com

The variety of features offered was very important for us to boost our expansion efforts, and Monday had a lot more related features that the other options didn't have. It also had an edge in terms of interface and te number of native integrations available.
Kiara

Monday.com Is Like Having A Personal Assistant That Remembers Everything

Reviewed on 09/11/2022

At Modernized Mobile (MoMo), we rely on Monday.com to keep everything organized and on track. Each morning, our team checks the Monday dashboard to see which tasks need to be completed for clients such as [SENSITIVE CONTENT]. Monday allows us to easily delegate tasks and monitor progress, ensuring that projects are completed efficiently and accurately. Monday also helps us communicate with clients seamlessly, allowing us to provide updates and gather feedback in real time. Overall, Monday is a crucial component of MoMo's daily operations and project management process. It allows us to consistently deliver exceptional results for our clients. Thank you Monday for helping us stay on top of it all!

Pros

One of Monday.com's top features are its customizable workflows, which allow users to tailor their boards according to their specific needs and tasks. Another standout feature is its time tracking system, allowing team members to track the time they spend on each task and project. Monday.com also offers integration options with different programs such as Google Drive and Slack, making it easy for users to share and access important files and information. And last but not least, Monday.com offers mobile apps for both iOS and Android devices, so users can stay productive even when they're on the go. These top features make Monday.com a go-to tool for teams looking to increase their productivity and efficiency.

Cons

Monday.com is a popular project management tool that allows you to track tasks and team members' progress. While it offers a user-friendly interface and helpful features like calendar integration, there are a few drawbacks to consider before committing to Monday.com. First, the pricing structure can be confusing and expensive for larger teams. Furthermore, Monday.com lacks robust support for file storage and version control, meaning that important documents may become scattered and outdated as your team continues to add new updates. Additionally, the mobile app can be glitchy and lacks some important desktop features, making it difficult for remote team members to stay on top of their tasks. Overall, Monday.com can definitely streamline your project management process, but it's worth weighing the cons before taking the plunge.

Shoaib
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

• Customer Support Software

A great project management tool with great capabilities and features

Reviewed on 08/12/2022

We always wanted to get a project management tool that we can use for our projects and tasks management, monday.com has been great for us because that has helped us manage all our tasks and deliver on time.

Pros

I personally love the activity management and assigning tasks feature, it is simply great. Other than that time tracking feature is great which helps managers to see how much time is being spent on each task. Visualising the board in gannt chart mode is great for presentations to showcase the workload for any user.

Cons

I would say, that within each of the boards the activity log does not have many things like asana or Trello does. It is slightly more expensive than Trello which offers a free version and asana which has great UX and is highly customisable

Asana

Reasons for Choosing monday.com

Recommended by new head of marketing

Trello
Laura M
Laura M
  • Industry: Medical Devices

• Customer Support Software

I love using Monday for its ease of use and functionality to manage projects and tasks.

Reviewed on 11/05/2023

The time administration and cross-team usefulness is astonishing, the ROI my group and I get from Monday.com underpins the fetched and after that some, we've been able to extend inner efficiencies and offer assistance make strides generally commerce operations capabilities. We progress the organization of teamwork, divide issues into errands and update status so we will work together on ventures, we will communicate more proficiently utilizing Monday.com, all changes are made live and all correspondence with a ask in specific remains together, dispenses with pointless emails, and permits our whole group to see everything related to numerous ventures in one space.

Pros

Monday.com is always helping to enhance your productivity, the general functionality is amazing, and being able to write updates for each specific job so rapidly makes project management easy, rather than frustrating. What I like best is the organization; prior to implementing this software, all requests were sent via email, making it difficult to keep track of the workload; with Monday.com, my entire team can see what is in the file and know where each request, project in general, and each specific task is.

Cons

Some of the time, because it is as well total, it can be troublesome to get it each usefulness, on the other hand, I would like to download numerous of the illustrations or send out them to powerpoint/excel so that I can effortlessly share them with other representatives who don't utilize Monday.com. I would energize designers to proceed to center on the client involvement and put the client at the center of their functionality, I wish the reaction time to induce bolster was much quicker, some of the time I have a issue that hinders the workflow of our group and it won't be settled until the following few days, in the event that there was an choice to chat live, investigating would be speedier.

Sofwane
Sofwane

• Customer Support Software

Comprehensive Website for Effective Project, Portfolio, Resource Management, and Goal Setting

Reviewed on 16/06/2023

My overall experience with Monday.com has been highly positive. The platform offers a comprehensive and efficient solution for managing tasks, projects, and collaboration. From the moment I started using it, I was impressed by its user-friendly interface, intuitive design, and powerful features.One of the standout aspects of Monday.com is its flexibility and adaptability. It allows users to customize workflows, task fields, and boards to fit their specific needs and preferences. This level of customization ensures that the platform can cater to a wide range of industries and project types.The task management capabilities of Monday.com are exceptional. Creating, assigning, and tracking tasks is a seamless process, and the ability to set deadlines, attach files, and leave comments facilitates effective communication and collaboration among team members. The visual representation of tasks and progress through boards and timelines helps in quickly grasping the overall status of projects.Collaboration is made easy on Monday.com. Team members can work together in real-time, sharing updates, files, and feedback on tasks and projects. The ability to mention specific individuals or teams and the option to receive notifications and reminders greatly enhances teamwork and ensures that everyone stays informed and engaged.Furthermore, the platform provides valuable insights and analytics through customizable dashboards and reports. These features allow users to track project perf

Pros

What I liked most about this website was its efficient task management system. The platform's user-friendly interface and powerful features made it incredibly easy for me to create, assign, and track tasks. The ability to set deadlines, assign team members, and prioritize tasks ensured clear communication and accountability. Additionally, the collaborative capabilities of the website allowed for seamless teamwork, with the option to comment, share files, and update task status in real-time. The timely notifications and reminders also stood out, keeping me on track and ensuring that no task was overlooked. Overall, the task management functionality of this website was exceptional and greatly enhanced my productivity and organization.

Cons

What I found to be a drawback of the Monday.com website was the occasional lag and slow response times. While the platform offered an array of impressive features, there were instances where tasks took longer to load, and navigating between different sections experienced delays. These intermittent slowdowns disrupted my workflow and caused frustration, particularly when dealing with time-sensitive projects. Enhancing the website's responsiveness and optimizing its speed and performance would greatly improve the overall user experience. Despite this minor setback, Monday.com remains an excellent website with a wide range of useful functionalities.

Benn
Benn
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Creativity, order and more workflow

Reviewed on 15/08/2023

Monday helps to increase performance and order in tasks or when presenting a project, this platform has immediate chats, which is an advantage in case you have any questions, you can just go directly to the chat and not resort to any other means to communicate, I can also manage a board from scratch by customizing it or a default board.

Pros

I like Monday.com because this task manager allows me to work collaboratively with my team, Monday.com gives you all the tools so you can organize your projects, making known the tasks that have to be done weekly, Monday.com helps work teams carry out tasks in an orderly manner, while I am creating task management and the design of the board, I can also interact with team members by letting them know what their responsibilities and commitment dates are. Something to highlight is the visual part, it is attractive, and you will never get bored since it has vibrant colors that will never bore you.

Cons

something I don't like about Monday is the customer service is a bit tedious for them to answer you since you have to send emails to schedule an appointment and that takes a lot of time, contacting customer service should be more practical, since it can cause you to stop tracking a project for a problem that would not take much time to solve, another aspect that I don't like is that for new users it can take a while to adapt, since it has its predefined menu, but it is not as customizable as it seems

Megan
Megan
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Monday.com makes project management easy

Reviewed on 28/08/2023

There are features in this platform that make your work easier, such as boards and forms are particularly useful, as they allow the entire company to keep track of work in progress and completed tasks. Overall, Monday.com makes it easy and efficient to stay up to date with all aspects of project management and team collaboration.

Pros

In my experience Monday.com has been one of the best productivity and project management software I have used, it is very good for managing and tracking the progress of multiple projects, especially those with deadlines as it provides real-time information on the workload of each member, identifyng who needs help and who can offer it. The ease with which you can track team performance and profit streamlines the entire workflow. Of the points that I can highlight is its interface, its design is minimalist, the well crafted colors, its intuitive menus make it a pleasant platform for the user.

Cons

While Monday.com offers effective project management and team collaboration features, the platform does come with its challenges. The initial setup can be awkward and time consuming, requiring research to customize it to your needs. Also, the automation features are somewhat limited, requiring workarounds for tasks that should be straightforward. From my point of view it lacks a better integration with artificial intelligence.