2,276 reviews

2,276 reviews
Ralph V.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Project management and organization for the rest of us.

Reviewed on 20/11/2019

We have tried MANY project management platforms and for us to select monday.com says a lot about the product. We have a varied group of individuals within our marketing department using this tools to coordinate everything from our detailed printing requests, web and online projects to translation flow (very difficult to manage due to the many contributors involved in this process.) Monday.com makes all of this convenient and easy to follow.

Pros

Its incredibly easy to create a work flow or "Board", add participants and follow the progress of many tasks with ease. We can attach any supporting files or materials needed to each post and tag a specific user. Email and desktop notifications alert you on any activity and there is a web based site you can go to or the even better desktop and mobile app versions.

Cons

One of the few cons i can think of is the absence of a "repeating or scheduled task". I know there are ways around this but it seems like something that should be native to it.

Timothy L.

• Customer Support Software

Great Flexible platform to manage all your teams work

Reviewed on 03/02/2021

Excellent product, would highly recommend using monday.com for anything you can think of to help your business and teams run smoother.

Pros

very easy to set up and use, lots of really cool features that allow you to report on your usage and KPIs with the click of a button. I'm highly impressed with the ease of reporting on this tool, the folks at monday.com have really thought through the interoperability of the sight.

I also love how many automations and integrations are available, the platform is quite robust in this area and there are enough automations available to automate most any workflow. And customer support/community around the platform is great, the folks at monday.com are quick to respond and help out with getting you up and running with specific needs and requirements.

I also love how transparent they make the backlog of new features coming out, they use monday.com boards to communicate their changes, so I really have a lot of faith that they believe in the platform, as they use it to run their business too. Great Product.

Cons

We use a lot of 'subtasks' on the monday.com board, and there are a few key features missing for the subtasks. They are working on these and have made good progress lately, but it is still a little cumbersome to work with.

Cheryl P.

Tools for Collaboration Success

Reviewed on 05/02/2021

Our experience has been terrific. We started with two users and are now up to nearly 40 users.

Pros

The integration of projects and tracking them. Prior to Monday.com, lots of emails with updates on open projects were necessary. It was hard to keep up with all open projects and who was doing what...

Cons

There's so many options it can be overwhelming for new users. It can be perceived as complex by our team and a challenge to get used to doing this is a new way for virtual collaboration.

Karen D.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Great Software, Easy To Use & Great Value for Money

Reviewed on 18/11/2020

Overall, Monday is a great tool to manage workload, projects, and keep people working together in a collaborative space. I would highly recommend this product to others if they are looking for an inexpensive, easy to use tool that is easy to implement. However, just beware, you will need to have an idea of how you want to use this tool otherwise the features may be too plentiful and not explained well enough to help out a user who is just looking for ideas.

Pros

Monday is a tool that my team uses daily to manage our workload. We're a Lean culture and use pull plans to tackle many large scale projects. Monday works really well for not only putting these pull plans together, but allowing for external users to view the workspace without having to purchase a license as well as enabling a dashboard that shows the workload across multiple workspaces/pull plans.

Cons

You're left to your own devices to figure a lot of the features out yourself. For the most part this is fine, but it can get frustrating when certain features and views were not always working the way I expected them to. For example, I created a dashboard to show all due dates according to the week. However, some dates just simply didn't populate if they were 3-4 weeks out. Instead they showed as "No date". I read the community forums, asked questions and tried everything I could, but in the end wasn't able to figure out why this was happening. I really wish their support team was more accessible. If I can't figure out what I'm trying to do I feel like I have no course of action other than to just scrap it and try something else.

Mitch G.

Monday Improved Our Business In Ways We Never Imagined

Reviewed on 09/10/2020

We initially selected Monday to plan and manage a large project that we were starting. As we became familiar with it, we found that is was a much better way to manage, track and plan nearly everything we do. The ability to allow guest access to specific boards, to automate notifications, and to collect information via web form has greatly improved our day to day processes and our capacity to responsively interact with customers. Using a combination of the web, mobile and windows 10 apps, we use monday throughout the day, in the office, while traveling, and during onsite projects.

Monday has also helped us eliminate siloing of information. Like many companies we used to have a combination of spreadsheets, text documents, emails and texts to store and communicate project information. With monday we have nearly everything in one place that we can access from anywhere. This has made us much more efficient and helped us do a better job of keeping up with the many small tasks and deadlines that go into a successful project.

After you use monday for a while, every problem and job begins to look like a monday board to be created.

Pros

Monday is very easy to use, has excellent help and tutorials, and extremely responsive tech support. They regularly add new features and improvements. Through interactions, automations and integrations, monday can interact with many external products and can automate a lot of the routine steps and notifications in our workflow.

The best thing about monday is its flexibility. Once you start using it, you find many different approaches and tools to manage projects, workflows, customer interactions, data storage, tracking and analysis.

Monday is colorful and appealing to work with, making using it a pleasure.

Cons

Many of the items I would have listed as missing from the software have been added in the time we have been using it. For example, many users requested subitems and before long it was rolled out as a new feature and has evolved into a very useful aspect of monday.

For some of the more in depth features, there is a bit of a learning curve. But that is to be expected with software that can do so much. This is mitigated by the learning resources and very good support that the company provides.

Jeff E.

Best Project Mgmt Software I've Ever Used

Reviewed on 29/09/2020

I've been using Monday.com for a few years (at the time of this review) for a number of personal projects, more importantly in my career to manage tickets and many different kinds of projects for my IT Department and for software and hardware implementations.

Pros

Monday.com is absolutely amazing! It's extremely intuitive and simple to get up and get using! The different ways that you can setup your Project Boards make it extremely flexible and powerful. I've used other Project Management Software programs, and there isn't anything out there that compares. There are a lot of options for add-on's as well, and more are added monthly. Their how-to videos and great online documentation/help make it simple to get the most from Monday.com. Being able to set the combination of statuses and priorities help you stay focused and the collaboration functionality of the software is also intuitive and powerful. This makes completing projects both fun and productive!

Cons

The software is expensive...particularly compared to competing projects, but don't let this scare you away. Once you get through the free trial period, it will be apparent that it's worth the extra money to use something that's so simple yet powerful and flexible.

Jonathan H.
  • Industry: Events Services

Monday.Com Keeps Track of our Progress

Reviewed on 15/08/2019

My company uses Monday.com to keep track of many different projects we have going at one time - we are an events company, so we have hundreds of events in a year that each have individual processes that need to be accounted for. Monday.com has been helpful in having a broad scope of where we are at with each project. We are still ironing out the kinks to figure out what our workflow will be with this, but it is a pleasant platform to use - very aesthetically pleasing and easy to use once you get the hang of it.

Pros

I love how you can make a board with automations so that it helps you organize. For instance, I can set a project I'm working on from "pending" to "complete" in one box, and automate it so that once I hit "complete", it moves that project to the "complete" section in a different part of the board. I also love that you can integrate it with different platforms like AirTable and Slack, which is super helpful. Overall, it does a really good job of helping you have a grand overview of where you are at with a project, and helps my team see what projects have been completed and where we still have more work to do. I also know there's a lot of great other features that I haven't learned yet that could be useful to us once we get the hang of this platform.

Cons

It's a bit complex to learn, which is frustrating at first. There's a lot of formula coding and lingo Monday.com uses that you have to learn for it to make sense. I found that having a specialist help you code your page to your liking was pretty helpful. There's also some places where we set something up but there are scenarios in which this set up might get undermined by one action that would seem logical but would throw off the board. I do wish that the program helped walk you through the process of getting your workflow set up, but I'm sure that's being worked out since they are a relatively new platform.

• Industry: Higher Education Software
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Monday.com Review

Reviewed on 26/11/2018

Over all my experience with Monday was a 50/50 split some things I loved and some things were lacking in functionality for what we needed. Overall I didn't hate it. At the end of the day it just wasn't what we needed to be productive. I think for other users who are using it for design, and business marketing it would be a phenomenal program and the price is very affordable even if you are a small company. Monday might be what you need to get your productivity up to become an even bigger company.

Pros

I liked how Monday.com allows for easy collaboration with team members. It does take some getting used to for me it was easy to get used to because I am more of a computer person and have had many different experiences with a lot of different programs. Everyone else on my team is the complete opposite, however because of Monday.com's modern website design people were able to grasp it because the design is easy on the eyes if that makes sense. It is almost like an easy/drag and drop version of excel. Aside from the design I did love that there were different calendar views like Kanban view and the map view especially. The other things I loved was the forms integration, which made it easy to transfer our clients over from one program to another. As they came in they filled out the short form and were integrated into the calendar pretty easily. Lastly I loved the status column. I was going to use it to check in clients. Red for when they arrived to their appointments, Yellow for when they were waiting and Green for when they were done and waiting on their transportation back home.

Cons

There were a couple of things that I did not like, which made us only use Monday for a short period of time. For one we are a mental health therapy center and we do A LOT of scheduling. While there is a template to schedule clients. It is more so for a few clients and not hundreds. We have multiple therapists and may want to view their appointments sometimes together and sometimes separately and Monday started to get somewhat bulky when trying to do this. We tried doing multiple boards for each therapist and then we tried doing each board as a day of the week and in the end we had too many boards and it was still and either you view this person or that person but not both. On top of that we also schedule activities with clients and that would have been a whole separate view as well. The last thing that we needed was to make recurring appointments for clients that are seen every Tuesday or for ones that are seen every other Thursday etc. This task was extremely bulky and involved using a 3rd party service.

Always On

Reviewed on 16/07/2019

This software can help you organize everything from your marketing plan to your comic book collection; if you can think of a way to organize data, milestones, or responsible parties - Monday.com can do it!

Pros

-Only limited by your imagination
-World Class customer service and development team
-Intuitive user interface
-Powerful data manipulation and exporting tools

Cons

-The learning curve can be a little overwhelming
-New features come out so quick that sometimes there isn't time to adjust to the old ones!
-The mobile app can be a little clunky and does not utilize all the features of the desktop/web app

Michael W.

Simple and Easy to Set-Up and Use

Reviewed on 21/05/2020

Great... we needed something very simple that any staff could use, however junior. Our staff are all around the world and English is not their main language. So Monday is perfect for us.

Pros

It's just totally simple to set-up and onbaord/remove staff. The screens are super easy to review. I never have any questions from my team about how to use this platform.

Cons

Monday is just a project management tool. But doesn't have any chat or video tools inside it. Meaning that all collaboration has to be built around a specific project and users post comments on the project. There is no IM chat functionality whether around the project or in general. Meaning that we have to also rely on other tools, just as Skype which have chat and video features. It would be useful if chat and video were integrated into Monday.

Response from monday

Hey Michael! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're happy to hear that you had an easy time onboarding. As for your feedback regarding additional functionality, specifically chat and video, we hear you and are currently exploring these ideas. By chance, have you played with our new Zoom integration? That allows for a more integrated experience between monday.com and zoom for video calls!

Jasmine J.
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

Cannot Remember Life Without Monday.com

Reviewed on 18/03/2021

Before, our team was working almost entirely through extremely long emails, but now we use Monday.com for everything, from project planning & management to internal team goal-setting and tracking to process documentation. I really can't remember what it was like without the magnitude of boards my team now has.

Pros

Monday.com excels at what it is most important for - task tracking and project management. The user interface is very smooth and highly customizable to get to everything I need, whether is is tracking a big project for months or helping me keep my small tasks straight throughout the week. They put in a bunch of nice touches, like an animation that changes when you mark something as done, which sometimes changes by season. It makes me even happier to mark a task as done!

Cons

We upload a lot of files to Monday.com as our primary way to collaborate on files, but there is no versioning, so we end up with a lot of attachments in each task, which easily gets confusing. In addition, timeline views and Gantt charts, you often have to get creative with the way you use filters and settings since options are limited, but Monday.com's customizability can be a blessing and a curse in that regard. You can pretty much always get to the view of what you want, but it may take a bit of time to figure it out. The only other thing is the mobile app iOS version works in a pinch, but still has a lot of functionalities missing.

Akhilesh S.
  • Industry: Newspapers

Very effective Project management tool

Reviewed on 14/10/2018

Pros

The best part about this application is its graphical UI. We can make and alter venture subtle elements and plans by means of our versatile/tablets instead of utilizing through work area PC and the progressions are refreshed rapidly. We can download the application and even utilize it disconnected, in circumstances of downtimes this is simply cool! We can make shading coding for various assignments and customize the look and feel of the dashboards as indicated by your desire. Despite the fact that there are bugs experienced on occasion, they are settled absent much slack. Also, about their client benefit, they are only magnificent in responsiveness. The plan for the day encourages us to rebuild the work processes as indicated by our necessities.

Cons

As we increment the quantity of individuals, limit, and utilize, we found that the product is getting slower. Bringing in highlights, particularly in mass needs greater change. Relegating subtasks to numerous individuals is a significant grim assignment. The cost rockets as we increment the quantity of clients, and this gets too high in expense in contrast with an undertaking administration apparatus.

Sarah e. B.
  • Industry: Defense & Space
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Monday.com gave us everything we needed for optimal project management

Reviewed on 16/09/2019

This project management service is very oriented towards interactivity. Thanks to that you can work tasks, attachments, and much more material for projects, without great complexity, and in a striking way. This service has also been useful to lead a better group organization. Its system of tasks is quite schematized. Its deployment is as good as it is fast, it does not present any type of faults. Monday.com is within reach of any desktop device, as well as for Android and iOS cell phones. Monday.com has left us stunned with the excellent service. Managing its functions is quite simple and very profitable. Without a doubt, this is one of the most professional platforms we have handled.

Pros

Monday.com allows the user to implement work methodologies much more detailed than the rest of the project management platforms in the market. It is useful to create reports about the projects, to communicate with the team (it offers excellent messaging and chat functions integrated), and to drag and drop the work notes. It is highly recommended to integrate the monday.com platform with other storage management in the cloud, in order to achieve a better capacity when uploading large files to the cloud, and that monday.com can continue to be used without any complications. It is also recommended to self-employed teams, and small businesses or online stores that require little staff to cover their work area.

Cons

However, the platform does not adapt to the number of members of our team, so we think that it limits the work a lot when there are too many members attached to the Platform. Sometimes the performance is diminished when the information must be formatted to be exported to other platforms. In addition, its scrum board system does not show a complete chronology of all work processes opened during the project.

Devon B.

The PM Tool That Meets Our Needs

Reviewed on 28/08/2020

Monday has fantastic support, and a lot of powerful features. We've only uncovered the tip of the iceberg when it comes to features and will continue to learn and deploy more over time.

Pros

Monday is a fresh-looking, easy-to-use PM tool with a lot of custmization. It also has a timeline view that allows us to see project Gant Charts for the work we are doing.

Cons

There's a lot of features that take time to figure out. Some of the more advanced tools, metrics and graph's need a lot of setup to get going.

• Used Daily for Free Trial

Fantastic tool for project management

Reviewed on 29/04/2020

I have a fantastic experience with the tool and would recommend to any team that has different projects ongoing and need to keep progress on tasks on a organised way with good notifications monitoring

Pros

Even for solopreneurs, Monday.com gives the possibility to organise work in a fantastic way. It is very clear and easy to see the progress on tracks and everything on the UI is perfectly organised.

Cons

The mobile version is not too friendly. Despite the fact that I am a regular desktop user of the app, when I need things on the fly, it is annoying to check them on mobile device.

Response from monday

Thanks for leaving this review! We love to hear that the tool has worked well for you and you've enjoyed the UI on it. In creating the product, having a good user experience has always been our motivator. We also appreciate your feedback regarding our mobile app. Improving and updating our mobile app is one of our biggest priorities for 2020, so we hope you'll see effective changes throughout the year!

William F.

• Customer Support Software

Great Tool for Project Management!

Reviewed on 26/03/2019

We are very happy with our Monday.com experience thus far and look to continue to use Monday for Team Project Management for years to come. Hoping to fix the slowness that happens from time-to-time but otherwise the software is great and I would highly recommend it to anyone who has a small to medium sized business and has several daily projects happening at once.

Pros

Our team loves Monday's functionality for managing several projects across our different business lines. We use Monday for everything from internal budget planning to external client success projects and everything in-between. We are very happy with the way that Monday has functioned for us and look to continue implementing Monday across all of our business lines as we head into 2020.

Cons

The thing that our team likes least about Monday's software is the lag time that will happen every now and again when there is a lot of data on one page. We have seen a positive increase in the lapse of these lag times over the past year but still happens about 4-5 times per month.

Waseem S.

• Customer Support Software

Solid Project Management Tool!

Reviewed on 26/02/2018

We use monday.com every single day without fail at our company and it's definitely made out entire workflow process much easier and streamlined. For me personally, I like the fact that it gives me a good overview of the work I need to do, what I'm currently working on and also the work that I've completed.

My team members make good use of the collaboration features and I love how much of info and how in-depth an individual task can go. It's really great knowing that all our work (images, docs, notes, etc) just live on monday.com and not in a million different places.

The user interface is also pretty sleek although it can be a little bit overwhelming for new users but that isn't an issue once they get used to it.

I haven't needed to use their customer support (haha, that's a compliment!) but from what I've read, their support is top notch.

Pros

It has great collaboration features, a nice overview of stuff that you're working on, worked on, or still to work on. Their pricing is very affordable - you definitely get what you pay for and MORE.

Cons

The UI can sometimes look messy and a bit overwhelming. The new name is still taking some time for our team to get used to. For example, it can be a bit confusing when someone from the team says, "I posted it on Monday" and you aren't sure if they meant the day of the week or the software.

Sadie P.

• Customer Support Software

Monday.com is like hiring a company organizer

Reviewed on 28/07/2020

Getting monday.com for our company was like hiring a manager. It keeps us on track even if it's just to be used as a daily to-do list. It organizes us and makes sure we hit deadlines.

Pros

How easy it is to communicate with other members on your team through the communication platforms. I love that I can tag my manager or he can assign me to things to help out his workload and it such an easy way to address new topics when we don't always have time to sit down and go over things in person.

Cons

I don't like that one board needs to have all the same columns. I wish I could label a board by a project, and then have each individual group of tasks within that have separate columns depending on what the task is for.

Bret P.

• Customer Support Software

Monday (formally known as DaPulse) is a great tool for teams, coordinators and clients alike.

Reviewed on 16/04/2018

Easy to integrate teams, coordinators and clients. Communication is seamless and collaboration is very easy.
Monday gives you great control over project management and lets the whole time collaborate and turn in on time. Clients can also benefit as they are in the loop and can collaborate as well.
Overall very easy to use and customer service is acceptable.

Pros

Basic package is a great value compared to other softwares.
Pretty easy to use once you've mastered the learning curve.
Streamlined and overall great experience on smartphones.
Desktop App is great.

Cons

Premium features will cost you and are packaged. For my company only the Gantt feature is something we need from the premium package, however we are forced to pay much more for features we don't need. If we could get that feature as a standalone to my basic package I would give it a 5/5.
Duplicating boards is easy, however it would be great to be able to duplicate without the contents, that way we wouldn't have to delete each input manually.

Jay B.

Social Media meets Spreadsheets

Reviewed on 25/02/2021

The ability to have conversations in a social media-like format while being able to zoom out and see each project's status on the board that it lives on is very useful. I also love that each board can be customized to that team's needs and still look and feel familiar enough to staff from other departments if they find themselves being pulled into a discussion or assigned a task.

Pros

Monday started out as a great tool to help separate teams in our company work together efficiently, but since we started working from home it's been the foundation on which all of projects are built. It's a great way for people managers to keep track of the work being performed by their direct reports without picking up the phone.

Cons

There are times when the site seems slow, but it's never so bad that it's anything more than a little annoying.

Chris C.

• Customer Support Software

Enables my remote team to work together efficiently!

Reviewed on 14/11/2018

I have a team of remote people and we were looking for a way to collaborate together. We were looking for the right combination of organization, planning, assignment and collaboration.

I've tried tons of other tools.. for a long time, we were using Basecamp, then Trello and then TeamWeek.. and for some reason or another, we would never keep up with it. But ever since we got on Monday, we haven't looked back.

I think it's flexibility is its strongest point. You can adapt it to use whichever way fits your team the best.

Pros

- Collaboration without having files and conversations all over the place!
- Flexibility. This tool is so flexible with how you want to use it. You can customize the columns to suit your needs.
- Accountability and Visibility. I love that you can assign team members, mention them, set deadlines and see at glance what everyone is working on.
- Software updates. These guys update and add features like crazy. Their support team is also crazy responsive!
- Mobile app. I love using it on mobile.. it's pretty full featured for a mobile experience.

Cons

- I'd love to have the private boards feature at a lower price point. This a great feature but comes at a higher tier plan.
- It took a little while to get used to but now this tool is invaluable to running my business.

Sarah B.

• Customer Support Software

Monday.com and its excellent business project management

Reviewed on 17/09/2019

This is a unique business project management platform of its kind. The proposal that Monday.com has to offer is more customizable and interactive than the rest of the platforms in its class. It is excellent that it allows to apply kanban method, and to do KPI monitoring. This service is perfect for tracking trends, and workflows. Our organization feels in total satisfaction with Monday.com, because the services they have offered have fulfilled our expectations. It is a good investment. We liked this service for many reasons. One of them has been his speed at the time of personalization, because it has saved us a lot of time of work.

Pros

Monday.com is integrated into a wide variety of services. Among these are the dropbox, excel, G suite, slack and Trello platforms. There are an infinity of templates for projects, and all are completely customizable and adaptable to our work needs. With this software it is quite convenient to monitor the working time of each member. We dare to recommend Monday.com as a versatile, economical and very convenient to use service. Maybe it's the first project management platform so customizable. It is ideal for conducting surveys, and for subsequent monitoring. There is also an excellent and customizable group chat available.

Cons

You can not manage any project retrospectively, and for unified communication it does not have an audio and video conference system, nor does it allow for routing of calls. Calls can not be recorded either, and fax can not be managed. Another lack of service is that it does not offer the possibility of doing email marketing referring to our project.

Priscilla D.

• Customer Support Software

Color coded PM tool that's great for visually seeing progress

Reviewed on 09/01/2019

Their customer service is amazing! Their tool is meeting the needs for one of my clients so overall I'm very happy. I had pushed off using Monday.com based on price alone as it seemed much either than other software tools, however, I reached out to their support team and was able to get a great deal and a free user so we could actually use this for a few months and make sure it's what my client needed.

Pros

What I love most about Monday.com is the layout for project status and that you can create several columns with a status that will impact the overall progress view. i.e. We use 4 main columns 1 for Concept, Research and Planning, Coding and Development, and then Final Review. With the color coded statuses we can visually see how many projects are waiting to start and how many are waiting to start. This feature alone has been a game changer, but when combined with the project timeline view, we know exactly how much resources we have left.

Cons

My least favorite feature is more of a overall usage note. Their onboarding process is simple, but almost too simple so you really have to dig for the features you want and read their blogs and knowledge base to see what's possible. Compared to some of the other tools I've used that gives you a hands on tutorial when you first set it up, Monday.com just lets you lose with a few demo boards and it's up to you figure out what's next. For example - how many people know you can link a "pulse" to another board for a higher level project tracking? I knew that was a feature I wanted and had to google it... and then had to train two people on how to do it.

Troy W.
  • Industry: Media Production

Monday.com is our universal software!

Reviewed on 28/02/2020

I use Monday.com daily and couldn't be happier with how much it does! I'll admit, I'm not a huge fan of the name but I am a huge fan of how flexible and powerful the software is! And I know it does MUCH MORE than what we use. We love it and couldn't be happier with our purchase!

Pros

Monday.com is powerful! We switched from BaseCamp and couldn't be happier. We use the software for project management, tracking leads (and our CRM), daily to-do lists, and more! I love how you can customize and board to your specific needs.

Cons

It took some time to understand how to set up notifications properly. As the business owner, it's key to be involved throughout every project so I'm glad I took the time to set up notifications properly.

Jennyfer M.
  • Industry: Design
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Pretty Decent but didn't make the cut for me

Reviewed on 18/08/2020

So Monday has the ability for the work status labels (Ongoing, Pending, etc) to be customized, however and in my personal experience - those settings are glitchy. I used to log out of my workspace and log back in, I would often times find the cute colorful tabs blank. I knew where my own progress laid so it wasn't so much of a problem for me as it was a bit of an inconvenience for my client.

Pros

Monday has a LUVELY UI, it's work status tags can be renamed whatever suits the business best. Great feature for bilingual business like mine, notification emails go out almost in real time. Amazing Integrations

Cons

A bit glitchy
coult get expensive for larger teams