Salesforce Service Cloud

Customer Service & Field Service Management Solutions

4.4 /5 (507 reviews) Write a Review!
4.4
4.1
4.3
4.2
James N.
Industry: Computer Software

Salesforce is a great CRM

Reviewed on 25/07/2018

Pros

I use Salesforce on a daily basis in my Business Development/Sales Ops role. Salesforce integrates with our softphone (RingCentral), which makes logging calls much easier. I have also set up different workflows in the system to make daily tasks more efficient. There are endless apps and integrations you can use with Salesforce.

Cons

I don't have many negative things to say about Salesforce. I think it is pretty user friendly. There could be some better documentation on how to do specific things in the system. Also, Salesforce is only as good as the data you enter into it. This is not a flaw of Salesforce, but rather any data management system. I highly recommend making a constitution and training your team to abide by rules of entry and management.

Elizabeth F.

Easy to Use

Reviewed on 24/06/2020

Great for tracking contacts

Pros

The number of things you can track with this product

Cons

Needed some time to understand how to move between screens and related informaiton

Anoosha D.
Industry: Computer Software

One of most popular help desk solutions is Desk.com

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 10/11/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

If you are thinking about choosing Desk.com as a help desk software solution for your company then this article is for you. Our B2B experts prepared a thorough review of Desk.com pros and cons and analyzed what it has to offer to help you make an informed decision before you spend your money.
Email to Ticket Conversion
Multi-language & multi-time zone support
Satisfaction Surveys
Leaderboard & gamification
Support Channels

Both services use various channels for customer interaction and support such as email, Facebook, Twitter, and community forums. The messages from all these services are gathered in a combined queue of support work. Freshdesk is better than Desk.com in this area as it offers ticket support in addition to phone support, while Desk.com offers only phone support.
Canned Responses

Both Freshdesk and Desk.com provide a way to use a library of snippets that can be re-used. If you need to describe certain features regularly to users, you can use canned responses to speed up writing the responses. This can help your agents save time and focus more on query resolution.
Third-Party Integrations

Both Desk.com and Freshdesk offer a range of integrations with other services like CRMs, bug tracking, e-commerce and more. Top integrations for Desk.com include Salesforce, MailChimp, CampFire, and TalkDesk. Top integrations for Freshdesk include SugarCRM, Capsule, Harvest, and JIRA. Both apps also offer REST APIs to integrate your own apps.
Devices Supported

Both Freshdesk and Desk.com support a range of devices including Windows, Mac, Android, iPhone/iPad, and Blackberry.
Customizations Available

Freshdesk beats Desk.com in this category as it offers a wider range of customizations including templates, fonts, button images, fields, and backgrounds. In comparison, Desk.com offers customization of fields only.

Cons

Desk.com’s new analytics dashboard lacks some basic functionalities and is not an upgrade compared to the older version. The company can also improve its customer support, and the Salesforce integation also needs some fine tuning. Freshdesk customers say the product is mostly good, but it can improve by extending multi-language support to the Solutions pages.

Industry: Government Administration

Salesforce Service Cloud - Ready to go out-of-the-box

Reviewed on 13/03/2019

We have a service desk that was tracking their work through email and spreadsheets and it wasn't working for us. Salesforce Service Cloud let us move all of that to the cloud with easy case logging and tracking. We were able to integrate with Outlook so that support request emails get logged automatically and assigned to support personnel based on assignment rules we configured. We are responding to work requests and closing cases 47% faster than before and nothing gets lost or overlooked because the dashboards clearly show the status of cases and requests.

Pros

Salesforce Service Cloud has so many features ready to use as soon as you get access. For basic service needs you could easily start using it day one and build out enhancements over time. Basic configuration is simple and quick and everything you need to track work requests and cases is pretty much there.

Cons

Salesforce releases updates three times a year and they are huge. Release notes are getting over 600 pages per release and, at least for my work, we've had to change some of our custom configuration and code so that our system would work after the release came out. It's nice that they are working on enhancements but you definitely have to plan in time to thoroughly regression test everything when a release hits your lower level sandboxes.

Nadia Y.
Industry: Building Materials

VERY user friendly!! Awesome Program for Customer Management!

Reviewed on 02/01/2019

It's an EXCELLENT software to manage your customer data base. Take the time to figure it out, take it for a trial, ask questions. Im sort of a nerd, but it gave me the tingles when I first learned how to use it ... theres a way for you to organize your entire business & track the status of the job from contact to completion. It will benefit soooooo many people if you're growing your business or looking to become more organized. I LOVE IT!!

Pros

I fell in LOVE with SalesForce when I began using it in 2013. I worked for a home remodeling company and we used it to track our prospected customers. Had a small hand in getting it set-up, was a lot easier to use after you understand how it works. Very organized, detailed information, quick & to the point.

Cons

The set-up process. Having to manually enter customer info in the very beginning. I do remember one our tech guys finishing the set up though ... great guys! Also recently had issues connecting with apps, have a screen shot below that I emailed to the tech guys. The app was Adobe I believe, and one other. Probably just a user error! : )

Charles M.
Industry: Real Estate

Innovative tool to grow your business

Reviewed on 09/11/2018

I love working with Salesforce. I bet my team and business partners like it too. Its revolutionary and I would recommend it.

Pros

Unlike other similar platforms, Salesforce makes customization easy and painless. With Salesforce, I can bring my business wherever I go because it’s could-based. Our employees and business partners can also access it from anywhere around the world and contribute to the business’s overall productivity. Also, it doesn’t matter which browser you and your team use, the CRM will run smoothly. The software also makes it for users to use chatter and other social media functions, which make it easy for businesses to take advantage of social networking. The platform also has features that help us keep tabs on our purchase funnel. The platform also gives us a clear multidimensional picture of our progress.

Cons

This platform can be overwhelming for Small businesses that have dedicated marketing or sales team. It’s also very difficult to get in touch with customer care. I guess they are only available during the working hrs and you might be stuck for a while if you encounter a major problem using this tool.

Kirsten W.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising
Company size: 10,000+ Employees

A Great Software For Team Collaborations

Reviewed on 30/11/2018

Overall, I think Salesforce is great! It’s an amazing multi-purpose tool!

Pros

It’s super easy to use and understand. Yo i love the Chatter feature because you can reach out to and keep anyone in the loop with any issues or important matters. It’s always great that your Chatter messages are always available to look back on which is helpful for keeping track of everything. I also love that you can create tasks and reminders for yourself. It’s a great multi purpose tool.

Cons

I honestly can’t think of anything I have had any issues with so far. If I had to pick something, and it could possibly have just been a glitch I’m not sure, is that originally your feed would only show you relevant posts for account you follow. Now it seems to show you everything even if you aren’t involved, chattered, or following an account.

Leads Organized

Reviewed on 18/10/2018

Overall Saleforce has been a great addition to our sales team. I like the ability to see closure rates and compare organic leads to purchase vs generated or sourced leads to purchase. Again if it were easier for me to distribute these leads to coworkers without have to email them outside of Salesforce that would make it so much easier. Maybe they have this as a feature and I just haven't been able to set it up yet, or I don't have the "status" to set up this feature.

Pros

Salesforce makes it easy to track leads. The ability to store and edit information about a lead is great, and it's easy to change a lead status from contacted to purchased.

Cons

I wish they had a way to create an admin function that would allow for the admin to send coworkers leads but still be able to track of them to ensure they are being contacted.

Katherine C.
Industry: Retail

Short learning curve, good basic service

Reviewed on 18/08/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Overall, it's a great program for managing all of the emails and social media requests from customers (except instagram).

Pros

The user interface is attractive and easy-to-navigate making on-boarding new customer service reps easier. Also (unlimited?) macros make it easier to answer frequent questions/comments in minimal time. They can even be answered in mass. With labels, you can track types of comments and concerns.

The program also integrates with LiveChat, however, the execution is cumbersome.

Cons

When there are technical issues, they are large technical issues. In the few months that I have used the program, I have experienced issues with facebook messages from the last 3 years suddenly reappearing in my inbox. This has happened twice. I've also experienced where the program stopped sending or receiving messages. There is a daily (or hourly depending on setup) desk event notification. However, it does not have any useful or actionable information.

Also, I've called Customer Support a few times when I could not find an answer to a problem. Each time they asked me to go search for the problem in their help articles. That's not very helpful.

I like the reporting function so I can get a view of how busy the group is. However, I wish there was a way to compare the metrics to others. In other words, it gives me a lot of data but it's not easy to turn that into information.

Industry: Government Administration
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

The best cloud CRM available to successfully manage your customers

Reviewed on 14/12/2018

Salesforce is fast gaining popularity.. I have been using it at my current workplace as well as my previous workplace. Using Salesforce has been a treat. I can track leads, send out marketing material for selected groups as well as track sales- an end to end solution. I recently discovered the Data import wizard and it has made life so much easier. The customer service team is also very responsive. It is a win-win!

Pros

The best feature of Salesforce is its easy setup- its objects and associated processes are intuitive and come with an interactive platform. Lead management is seamless and the ability to automate marketing is a cherry on the top.

Cons

Price might be a tipping point (as always is) but the services offered are worth paying for.

Industry: Human Resources

Salesforce - the networking tool

Reviewed on 14/11/2018

I have used salesforce in three different roles and companies for over a decade. I am a tried and true user and appreciate it's growth over the years.

Pros

It is an easy and efficient way to keep track of contacts, opportunities, and organizations. I love that everything is housed in a top-down approach and it is easily accessible from anywhere. I can be on my mobile or on my computer and have access to all of my files.

Cons

I do not have a complaint about the software. I believe some of the restrictions are limited to the organizations that have their own set up, but all in all the software is intuitive and easy to navigate.

Luke S.
Industry: Construction

Complex and high learning curve

Reviewed on 05/12/2018

In the construction business, one contractor can work on several different homes owned by different people. For that basic information, we can track that hierarchy and sales and bids given.

Pros

I can see that the software is very deep in its potential capabilities. Very large companies use it to manage people and data that all needs to relate to itself. My feeling is that with enough modification, it can do whatever you need it to.

Cons

It is extremely complex, too complex, for an average person to sit down and just make work. Even with all the forums and Trailhead, there is so much literature there that much of it doesn't relate to what you are trying to find. The lightning version seems to be cool, but doesn't function quickly like classic. You can't even print a lead. That's right. You can't print a lead. That's why there are separate SFDC implementation teams - because you can't figure it out o n your own.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Jen M.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Keep All Your Clients in One Place

Reviewed on 24/11/2018

Pros

It's super easy to see exactly what is going on with each of your clients, what opportunities you are working on and who has been interacting with which clients. That kind of transparency is super important to keep your team on the same page.

Cons

It can start to fall apart if your team doesn't continually update information about each client. There are a lot of opportunities to make mistakes, that's not all on the software, but if you have a big team working with a lot of the same clients then it can cause problems.

Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Great software to use for tracking sales operations including lead tracking, sales notes n forcastes

Reviewed on 30/07/2018

This job makes my life easier to track notes and things going on with leads and accounts within the organization. Without the software it would be very difficult to do my job on a day to day basis.

Pros

I like the ability to use the software via the web from any computer. Also, the ability to integrate with many other softwares including click to dial and others.

Cons

The cost would probably be the only thing that I would consider to be a downfall of this software as I believe it can get kind of spendy.

Kevin B.
Industry: Security & Investigations

The Good, The Bad and the Hyped

Reviewed on 04/04/2019

Taking a large mass amount of data and streamlining the information to break into relavency. Overall, good layout. It should be for the price.

Pros

Customizable into different levels for different employee roles. Outstanding search capabilities to organize overall data.

Cons

Customer service is slow to respond and it seems that they are contracted service reps. Need more human touch to explain in plain terms what steps and features might be helpful.

Matt "griff" K.
Industry: Information Technology & Services
Company size: 10,000+ Employees

Needs improvement

Reviewed on 11/10/2018

Pros

The ability to track opportunities in a pipeline. Setting up reports is also nice and level of customization that can be achieved is helpful.

Cons

You need a person who acts as a Salesforce developer and admin to make sure everything works. You are limited to workflows based on your level of licensing. Reports are not always easiest to create and even when opportunities meet the criteria they are left out for no apparent reason.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Industry: Law Practice

Loved using SaleForce!

Reviewed on 08/10/2018

Pros

Well, where to start? My company had an old sale program that was HORRIBLE, and when we switched to SalesForce, I thought I had died and gone to heaven. It was so easy and not complicated. Before, I had to refresh leads manually and stay at my desk 8 hours a day, but with SalesForce, all of that was done for me as the Sales manager and it was so nice to leave my desk and not have to worry that my team was getting their fresh leads every few hours.

Cons

Not really much to dislike since our previous software was such a nightmare. Overall, great software!

Sasha S.
Industry: Retail

It has the functionality, but no bells and whistles

Reviewed on 07/05/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Can handle large amounts of incoming, outgoing emails.
Easy to train new employees on it.
Has a lot of customization.
Good Customer service.

Cons

Very difficult to set up and figure out the rules.
Does not have newer features such as smileys and GIFs.
The chat box that many other companies have is clunky and not well designed.
Has not had updates, because its being take over and migrated to Salesforce.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Gwendolyn C.
Industry: Education Management

Salesforce for Developers Rocks!

Reviewed on 03/10/2018

I have been on every aspect of Salesforce from architecting our entire company, administration, programming, and training. I love this software.

Pros

This software allows us to quickly provide a solution and get that solution in front of our users!

Cons

While having everything in the cloud is awesome, having internet issues at work or network throttling can make developing frustrating at times.

Cj O.

It's the standard for a reason - it does some approximation of everything.

Reviewed on 04/05/2018

Pros

Reporting is excellent and every salesperson can use pretty easily. Support and configuration are easier because of the wealth of knowledge available in the SF community.

Cons

One SF is your core CRM solution some of the more innovative companies in the Sales SaaS space are off limits - if you care about efficiency and integration. There's a sacrifice, but it's usually worth it.

Dana H.
Industry: Music

Powerful, Useful Software

Reviewed on 04/10/2019

We use Salesforce Service Cloud to track individuals as they interact with our organization, which enables us to proactively engage them on a personal level.

Pros

This software has so much functionality. The ability to create profiles for each unique individual that passed through my organization, and track their involvement is critical to my organization's ability to grow. We couldn't function without this software!

Cons

Though it's powerful, learning how to apply its features can be time consuming. I was a regular guest in my supervisor's office for my first few months on the job, just learning how to use this software to manage my contacts.

James W.

Lots of good functionality. Easy to pick up. Widely used so easy to get employees have experience .

Reviewed on 16/09/2017

Pros

Lots of good functionality. Easy to pick up. Widely used so easy to get employees have experience using it. Often adding new functionality

Cons

We find it expensive and they should lower the price on the bottom packed. We overlook the pricing we have been with them a while and would rather not change.

Alicia C.
Industry: Insurance

Salesforce for business

Reviewed on 28/01/2019

Pros

Business is not the same with Salesforce. Salesforce speeds the process of each step. You shouldn't do anything in business without Salesforce.

Cons

The update isn't complete. This makes use in both "Classic" and "Lightning" difficult.

William A.
Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

We have been users for more than 5 years.

Reviewed on 06/09/2017

Pros

As we unlock more powerful features the customer service technicians have been awesome at contacting us in a timely manner and resolving our issues.

Cons

The learning curve is a bit higher than some of our new users have anticipated . We may be "bending the box" a bit on our usage.

Industry: Insurance

Great for Performance Tracking

Reviewed on 09/09/2018

Pros

My last 2 companies have used salesforce. It is a great tool for tracking prospects and keeping your sales people accountable and motivated.

Cons

Some of the functions were difficult to use. The interface could be more intuitive. Some of the add-ons are expensive

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10