WorkflowMax

Xero owned financial project management software for SMBs

4.3 /5 (109 reviews) Write a Review!
4.3
3.8
Uwais A.

WorkFlowMax review

Reviewed on 22/07/2019

Reasonably happy with the experiences

Pros

The ability to calculate and manage task time automatically without having people try to manually work out their hours is very helpful.

Cons

Planning for longer than a month is tricky if you only link jobs to projects that have been approved.

Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Dont use if quoting is important

Reviewed on 01/12/2017

Pros

It's OK for tracking jobs once the quote is accepted, and links with Xero quite well. If you have a simple business it'll probably be OK

Cons

Despite repeated requests, WFM is not interested in improving this side of the product. WFM cannot handle multi-line itemised quotes, is slow to use and has very limited functionality. While you can add profiles, and append them to orders it insists on blending all the profiles in together, making itemising a messy, manual process.
The cost is OK, again if you have a simple business. Don't try to imagine that these costs are anything like inventory. It is basically a free text field.
Tasks can't be combined with costs, so you can't organize complex jobs at the quote stage. I believe you can do more in jobs, but this is handling the data twice.
I am searching for an alternative and will be gone as soon as possible. The biggest thing keeping me using it is that I spend 40+ hours doing 20 hours worth of quoting and run out of time to search!

Likelihood to recommend: 2.0/10

Marc P.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

WorkflowMax Boosted Job Workflow

Reviewed on 15/01/2019

Huge improvement in our job workflow which means we captured more billable time and expenses.

Pros

Major benifit was the integration with its sister accounting cloud service. All time and project billing info is captured in Workflow and financial data is passed to Xero for accounting... huge improvement in our job workflow.

Cons

It was difficult to configure and setup from an invoicing perspective.

Mackenzie M.

Functionality & Reporting

Reviewed on 08/10/2018

Workflow max helps to solve the issue of effective invoicing of time worked on each client. Workflow max has also helped our firm when it comes to GST time - the way workflow max integrates with Xero makes filing GST returns with Inland Revenue very simple, and lets you easily keep track of GST returns and to make sure that all returns have been filed before the due date.

Pros

- Workflowmax has the ability to let the user create and design their own reports, which can come in very handy for workflow planning purposes. Saves staff all trying to navigate through a single spreadsheet!
- This is an effective program to record staff hours, which also allocates your time entries to the jobs you are working on, which helps when it comes time to bill clients.
- The tax alerts on the dashboard are a good way to double check tax returns after they have been assessed by IRD, which is a good reminder to check any returns that have been assessed as different as it raises a red flag and makes you look into it.

Cons

The custom reporting can be a bit hard to navigate around, especially for any newcomers to the system.

Simon W.
Industry: Government Administration

Timesheet entry standardised and simplified.

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 03/12/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I particularly like the WorkflowMax app which I have loaded onto my work phone (iPhone).
I prefer to use the WorkflowMax app on my phone than the PC as I have a large number of codes and sub-codes that I have to choose from and once I have selected the 'client' it filters out all of the potential entries that I don't need, then I enter 'job' and again it filters down to just what I need to choose from. Like most people, I reeeeeally don't enjoy doing timesheets and yet I can do them in my car or anywhere out of the office quite quickly and I know that it will be updated centrally immediately . The app helps a lot in streamlining the timesheet entry process.

Cons

I don't like doing timesheets but that's not WorkflowMax's fault! :) I suppose if I was really picky I'd say that the PC version is a bit clunky compared to the app.

Dealdiane D.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Good for time tracking

Reviewed on 19/01/2019
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Integration with Xero is great. Timing your work is easy as well although finding your work item could be better

Cons

"Remember me" option when logging in would be a welcome addition. Saving drafts could be improved as sometimes you lose them

Irene K.
Industry: Computer Software

At the end of each day, I go into WorkflowMax and put in my time and it's just so easy to use. Since we are an international company, it is easy for our HR in the UK to see our time and how it is spent.

Reviewed on 03/12/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The quick 1-2-3 of putting my time in and the job I did. At the end of the week, I just click one button and the whole week is recorded. So easy.

Cons

I don't see any cons at the present time. Everything seems to be pretty well covered. The only thing I think I would like to see changed is, after saving your time for the day, you, personally cannot go in and make a change. You have to have your HR change it.

This tool allows you to manage several projects online...

Reviewed on 15/04/2018

WorkFlow is a great software, it allows me to save a lot of time and money, when you need to work in a team since this service is available all the time and you can coordinate the work at a distance.

Pros

This has been one of the best software I have used in my work. Its interface is very nice as well as being very easy to use. It allows me to carry out several projects online and that is a great advantage, you can work on them wherever you want, whenever you want.

Cons

WorkFlow is great software, there is absolutely nothing that you do not like. You can save a lot of time and money, when you need to work as a team since this service is available all the time and you can coordinate the work at a distance.

Morten F.

Easy to use, haven't had any big issues and good way to keep track

Reviewed on 22/06/2018

Pros

I love that it doesn't take me too long to get my timesheets in. Easy for my producers to keep track over time spent on projects, down to all the tasks within.

Cons

The layout feels a bit old and clunky. The week overview in the quick-submission software is a bit clunky to get through.

Todd S.

Organized task specification and time tracking

Reviewed on 20/03/2015

Catamaran Marketing is utilizing WFM to boost overall efficiency and smoothen administrative tasks that can easily be mismanaged by any entrepreneur running their own business. Its organized structure and multitude of customization options has enabled us to track time on tasks more accurately than ever before. All tasks are fine tuned - avoiding things that fall through the cracks, which in turn, eliminates so many of the technical headaches that business owners waste time and energy problem-solving. Not only has scheduling vastly improved our customer service to clients in estimated turnaround, but its enabled us to process many jobs more quickly than ever! WFM has been the lubrication to help run Catamaran Marketing like a well-oiled machine and I now have more time and energy to devote to scaling up my business.

Pros

We love the job templates. Our business model is to do many things for a select group of businesses. Some are small and some are large. WFM helps us clearly define each type of job and create a template for that.

Phillip Q.
Industry: Internet

Good UI, however bad support

Reviewed on 17/01/2019

Pros

I liked that you can time your projects.

Cons

The support is not very good, I reported multiple bugs to the support team, however the response was that they will not fix the problem (the problem is that the timer sometimes records incorrect times). Another problem is that when searching for projects to time under, it only displays the first ten jobs (if you have more to select from, it simply won't display these, therefore you cannot time those particular jobs).

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Andrew M.
Industry: Civil Engineering

Poor Service

Reviewed on 04/03/2019

Average

Pros

Nothing Particularly excites me about this software

Cons

The support is terrible, reports are clunky at times and you need to pay extra to unlock half decent reports

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Sarah L.
Industry: Financial Services

Seamless Workflow for On The Road Coaching

Reviewed on 12/06/2015

As a consultant travelling to my clients I find Workflowmax invaluable. i can use it for leads to jobs to billing. It sends me reminders and I never forget to follow up. I can use it remotely and from my office. I get to track the jobs and status of leads. I can see what time and cost I soend on my clientrs and therefore what I shoudl be charging to make money. Its seamless integration with XERO really helps make themonitoring of my business performance, and therefore my own performance, a breeze. I wouldnt be without it!

Pros

Ease of use and access
Reminders

Carl F.

Very cost effective job management product

Reviewed on 05/05/2016

We have implemented and support WorkflowMax for multiple clients across different industries both large and small.
It is an extremely cost effective product for all of the features you get to manage jobs and have all staff entering time sheets and disbursements.
We routinely set up custom templates for quotes, invoices etc for clients bringing on their own branding which works really well and is simple to use.
The reporting is great with the ability to customise your own and add extra fields throughout the system, the reporting is however limited when compared to more advanced systems such as SQL based systems as WFM does not allow you to set up your own data containers or queries to get all of the information you sometimes need on a single report.

All in all an extremely good, cost effective solution that integrates well with Xero and all of our clients are always happy with the solution.

Loreto M.
Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Excellent Software!

Reviewed on 11/07/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Aside from it is very easy to use, what I like about this software is the accuracy of its report. The software has excellent functionalities, we like that we can estimate the project cost so easily.

Cons

So far I do not see any major concerns. I just lost my data when we had down internet connection, but not a big deal!!! So far the software is good.!

Christy L.

Xero Workflow Max

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 16/07/2019

Using it for time maintenance and billing has been great

Pros

very easy to use and to show those in my department

Cons

sometimes steps in a process are not self-evident

Lucille M.

Workflow Max is great for time sheets and resource allocation

Reviewed on 29/11/2016

We use workflow max to keep our time sheets, and to createjobs and quotes. What is great about workflow max is that it makes quotes and jobs creation a lot easier, even for someone without a background in finance.

Pros

very easy to track time using the timing function. timesheets are a lot easier to keep, and review.

Cons

editing jobs and tasks is sometimes a bit more difficult than it needs to be. Very roundabout.

Industry: Real Estate

Nice ideas but needs more refinement

Reviewed on 02/04/2019

Pros

It allows you to create great custom reports and is very handy for tracking your time. It integrates with Xero!

Cons

It can be difficult to use if you don't watch the tutorials first.

Adrian T.

Great time management software

Reviewed on 29/06/2015

As a sole practitioner Architectural Designer I use WorkflowMax for keeping track of my time over multiple projects. I love the way it integrates with the Xero accounting package enabling me to easily produce invoices based on time spent, and to produce a detailed timesheet to back-up that invoice.
As I use it more and more, I also build a database of information in an easy to access and understand format, that enables me to more accurately estimate the potential time involved when providing fee proposals for new projects.

Nicole E.

Love the seamlesss link to Xero and the amount of customisation that it offers.

Reviewed on 28/04/2016

As a WFM partner we find WFM a very popular choice for a Job Management system that links to Xero. Clients enjoy being able to create their own reports and having the flexibility with the custom fields.
Great to be able to fully customise your quote, invoices and job briefs to how you want them to look.
It's a bit light in the scheduling of tasks and being able to have multiple quotes on a job requires work arounds.
Overall a fantastic system that we would recommend.

Leon M.

Rating only

Reviewed on 16/07/2016

Matthew C.
Industry: Accounting

Implementation for a planning consultancy.

Reviewed on 19/01/2018

Pros

The time sheet app that links to mobile is very easy to use and consultants have no excuses for not recording time on projects. This can be done whilst on the go without costing the business time with unwanted admin.

Cons

The link to Xero works well for timesheets but adding standard purchases invoices to a project is very time consuming and not efficient.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Lisa S.
Industry: Human Resources

Workflow Max has been great for our business

Reviewed on 02/07/2014

We love working with Workflow Max. Our business model is based on charging client an hourly rate for work completed. Workflow Max makes it so much easier for us to accurately track what we have done (in the level of detail our clients' require) and it is so easy to turn these records into invoices. We have saved a lot of time and money. I would highly recommend Workflow Max.

Mitchell H.

Bank reconciliation software

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 15/11/2017

Pros

Automated workflow once set up making it easy to reconcile bank transactions. Nice layout and intuitive.

Cons

Mobile application as with most leaves something to be desired - I prefer full desktop layout. I have some functionality issues with older Apple devices.

Lisa D.