PracticePanther Legal Software Reviews

Stephanie
Stephanie

Solo Practice Law Firm

Reviewed on 29/10/2018

Practice Panther has been great with helping me stay on track with my QuickBooks accounting; and staying organized with client files. As a solo practitioner, it was important for me to be able to do all things necessary to maintain a viable business, and perform at a peak level for my clients while juggling every hat. Practice Panther has exceeded my expectations.

Pros

Ease of use, and tutorials that allowed me to quickly gain the requisite knowledge for utilizing each feature were absolutely critical to starting my law firm. One of the greatest assets to Practice Panther is its amazing team. I love the one on one trainings, and how many of the features I had questions about were already on the agenda for discussion (provided by the team member conducting the training ahead of time). Thus, saving me time, and only needing me to add additional ones, if necessary. I love the tutorials, templates, pop ups, and live chat features. Live chats have been so helpful in a pinch when I encounter a new challenge with things like linking two client matters together. I love how links to possible video tutorials pop up, while I am waiting for a team member to reply, to see if my question can be answered with one of the step by step videos . I use those videos for future references all the time.

Cons

There is nothing I do not like about the software. I only had one hiccup with syncing the LawPay feature with Practice Panther, and one of my client's could not submit their credit card payment online. There was an additional step after your LawPay account is approved, and you must go into your Practice Panther account settings to select the banking accounts that you want to use with LawPay. There were no instructions for this step in the process. However, this appeared to be more of a LawPay issue due to the 3 day time delay for approving the LawPay account. Because Practice Panther is so easy to use, I was actually able to figure out where the problem was, and get my client's payment through within a few minutes. Both Practice Panther and LawPay were quick on responding to the issue, and did an amazing job.

David

• Customer Support Software

PracticePanther has helped keep my firm organized and grow

Reviewed on 08/11/2021

Pros

PracticePanther has helped keep my firm organized. We handle a large number of cases and we needed software that could help us manage them all, stay on top of tasks, and store information efficiently. PracticePanther has also been key in allowing for rapid growth in my practice.

My favorite feature is the payment plans through PantherPayments. My collections are significantly higher than some of my colleagues and it helped simplify this process. We can easily set up payment plans that automatically pull funds from a credit card or bank account which means I don't have to spend a ton of time chasing clients for money that I could be spending on their case.

Cons

I started out practicing solo and quickly grew to more staff. Every firm has growing pains, so I was initially worried about acclimating new staff to PracticePanther. Thankfully, those hesitations were put at bay and we've been able to use the platform with ease.

Reasons for Switching to PracticePanther Legal Software

I researched several different software options, such as Clio, before making my final decision. I found that PracticePanther provides all of the same features as Clio and more, but at half the price. No other software in PracticePanther’s price range is anywhere near as robust.
Jeff

Terrible practice management software

Reviewed on 07/06/2019

When you sign up, you'll get an invitation to a live webinar two weeks out. Totally unhelpful for someone trying to get up and running.

I have been using PracticePanther for about one month, and I'm already considering changing to another PMS. The money I spent on PracticePanther is a sunk cost. I really think I should just cut my losses because if I don't, I'll end up spending a lot of time trying to manage and work around the software. I really don't feel like it's saving me any time at all. I would probably be better off with T-sheets, Quickbooks, and Law Pay only.

Pros

Clients can pay online.
I honestly can't think of anything else to say.

Cons

Where do I start?

The time keeping function is terrible. You cannot edit start and stop times. You cannot start and stop multiple timers in the mobile app. The software auto-saves frequently, and when it does, it moves the cursor in the entry to the end of the text. This is annoying. You cannot start a timer and then add the client-matter without causing the time to round up.

The syncing with G Suite is bad. The software will not sync with all the fields in Google Contacts, and the "custom fields" in PracticePanther do not sync into Google Contacts. This results in a lot of duplicate data entry, which is what I was trying to void with practice management software. The software does not sync will with Google Drive well at all either. Apparently, you can't have any folders in Google Drive with the same name. For example, Client_01\general and Client_02\general would result in an error and none of your Google Drive documents will be visible in PracticePanther.

The software billing feature is terrible. First, you cannot have multiple companies or entities tied to the same individual. Thus, if you have a contact who owns multiple businesses that are clients, you will not be able to list all those businesses under the client's name. To make matters worse, you can only email invoices to individuals who are listed under the company. I had to create multiple dummy contacts called "Accounts Payable" just so that I could email my clients their invoices.

I ran out of space.

Response from Paradigm

Hi Jeff,

Thank you so much for taking the time to join our team on a training call, and for discussing the features and functionalities you would like to see incorporated into the software on our follow up call. As mentioned, some of the functionalities, specifically regarding Google, are limited by our integration partners. However, we will, of course, update you if any of the discussed functionalities change at any point.

We are constantly working on improving our user experience and your comments and feedback are greatly appreciated. Thanks again for your time, please feel free to reach out to us if there is anything we can help you with.

Joseph

PracticePanther Integrations with Key software is a great advantage

Reviewed on 28/02/2023

I am very pleased with PracticePanther. Very easy to use. Does what we need.

I am very pleased with PracticePanther. Very easy to use. Does what we need.

Pros

Integration with quickbooks and the ability to take credit card payments through PP helps make collections and billing work well with all team members being able to take payments without needing all of them to be able to get into quickbooks.

Cons

Having restart searches for contacts or matters when we did not find the one we were looking for i.e. multiple persons with same name. and having to search again. Would like to be able to have reporting using matter type. Being able to customize reports would be great. Some reports show graphs but are hard to get the information ranked like the graph

Lane

Changed my business

Reviewed on 28/02/2023

Generally has been a good experience.

Generally has been a good experience.

Pros

Calendar and billing features are most helpful

Cons

Would like a better accounting plaform that makes it easier to reconcile and track transactions, as well as better integration with quickbooks.

Reasons for Choosing PracticePanther Legal Software

Ababus was too dated and cumbersome a platform.

AbacusLaw

Leslie

Old Dogs Can Learn New Tricks

Reviewed on 28/02/2023

Pros

Having tried different types of practice management software and billing systems, finding PracticePanther changed this skeptical old dog by teaching her new tricks to make life easier and assure time gets captured and billed and contacts are at your fingertips. PracticePanther works seamlessly across all platforms, desktop, laptop, iPhone, iPad so you never have to be without the tools to have your law firm with you when you need to have the information. Easier to use than most software of similar types.

Cons

Not much to say here .. it works for us very well

Bill4Time

Reasons for Choosing PracticePanther Legal Software

New hire brought PracticePanther to us and we never looked back

Reasons for Switching to PracticePanther Legal Software

Comprehensive, easy to use, works on all platforms (it travels where you go)
Tobechuku

Sole Practitioner That Needed Organization

Reviewed on 05/08/2020

I love it and I love all the possible intergrations.

I love it and I love all the possible intergrations.

Pros

Helps me manage my solo practice all by myself. My clients are satisfied with their client portal and ability to send me messages.

Cons

I would like to be able to make payment plan invoices for my clients, so I do not have to remind them to pay every month. Most clients would not want to set up automatic payments, so with payment plan invoices, it would help alot and relieve the burden of reminding clients every month, that a payment needs to be made.

MyCase and Clio

Reasons for Choosing PracticePanther Legal Software

Product deleted some of my info and there was no one to help.

Volody Case Manager

Reasons for Switching to PracticePanther Legal Software

The many possible integrations and ease of use.
Eric

• Customer Support Software

One of the best general purpose case management programs

Reviewed on 21/02/2023

Overall, my experience was quite positive. The company has great customer support, which makes using the product that much better. The reason I switched to another product was due to the evolving needs of my firm. I think if you are looking for an easy-to-use product that works without a lot of training, and is a one-size-fits-all kind of solution, you cannot go wrong with this product.

Pros

Practice Panther has two features I really like. First, the design of the software makes it easy to work with. Second, it comes ready to use "out of the box," with very little learning curve required.

Cons

Practice Panther is for generalists, in my opinion. If you are an estate planner, you can use it. Family law, no problem. Real estate law, you can't go wrong. However, if you want specialized features unique to a particular practice area, then Practice Panther is probably not going to suit your needs. I switched from it because I needed software that was tailored specifically to personal injury.

AbacusLaw and Clio

Reasons for Switching to PracticePanther Legal Software

As I recall, Practice Panther was more affordable than Abacus, and I liked the design of the product better than Clio.
Elisabeth

Excellent Case Management Software

Reviewed on 23/03/2020

This software saves me time and helps with record keeping. It is easy to use. I would hate to be without it.

Pros

I love the ease of use for conflicts checking. I love the secure client portal, as I often exchange sensitive documents with the client. I love the client notes feature and the calendaring.

Cons

I have had clients who could not get the secure portal to work - that may have been user error, but there are enough of them that I had to develop a back up plan. I would like to see a better overview of available features so I can decide what works best for me. I do not use most of the billing features, so I would like a way to disable that, rather than have it look like I am running a huge deficit! I would like to learn more about integration with Wealth Counsel software. Cross-population of clients would be a huge benefit for me!

Smokeball and Clio

Reasons for Choosing PracticePanther Legal Software

Practice Panther is much easier to use and less expensive than my previous client management software.

Reasons for Switching to PracticePanther Legal Software

Ease of use, same or better features for a better price!
Noah

Amazing Software

Reviewed on 25/01/2022

Fantastic experience. We started on the lowest pricing tier (which already comes with 90% of what you need) and as our practice grew and we wanted to add some additional efficiencies (like automating through Zapier and ToDoist, etc.), we slowly grew to the highest tier, which adds a lot more integration. Also, their customer service is great.

Pros

Being able to integrate all of the features expected of a legal management software in one, but in such a intuitive way.

Cons

Nothing. I am very happy with it. We've been using it for 2 years and they keep adding great additional features as we and other request them, but its still not clunky.

Reasons for Switching to PracticePanther Legal Software

We tested other products including Clio and MyCase and decided with Practicepanther. Its been great.
Paige

• Customer Support Software

Great Software - Would be Lost Without It, but there are still some kinks to work out.

Reviewed on 19/08/2021

My overall experience is amazing. I love this software and it makes my life so much easier. I would recommend to anyone with a law firm.

Pros

I love how seamless this software makes my practice. It is so user-friendly. The client portal is wonderful, and I love how the accounting features are organized. Customer service is amazing. The templates feature saves me countless hours. The tasks feature really keeps me on track. I love how you can link relationships, create emails that sync automatically with the matter, and create events that send text notifications to clients. The support is quick and always friendly and helpful. The e-signature feature is also really cool.

Cons

(1) the phone app should be able to have multiple timers up at once, so you can go back and forth between working on different projects, like the desktop version.
(2) The "history" section at the bottom of matters should include time entry descriptions. I cannot stress that enough. I do not use the "history" section at all as it is currently operating, but it would be invaluable if that one change was made! If time entry descriptions were included, the "history" section would actually tell me the history of the work that's been done on the matter.
(3) We need a better text integration that's part of Practice Panther, so that clients can text us through the software, or something like how we can create a new email that links with the matter, but for texting.
(4) Company contacts - love the idea, but when you link a subordinate member of a company contact to a matter, the only email address you can actually auto-populate is the number one contact of the company contact. It's very annoying. I've had to create separate individual contacts for all the members of a company contact. Like for court services, I would like to be able to have all the employees of court services under the Court Services company contact, and then be able to link the particular officer assigned to supervise my particular client. But right now I have to link the court services company contact AND the individual contact to be able to send emails to the correct officer.

Reasons for Switching to PracticePanther Legal Software

I felt like Practice Panther was just as good as Clio, but more cost appropriate for my smaller firm. Also, I liked that I always have the option to figure things out myself, or with a virtual helper, instead of having to call support. The same was true with the purchasing experience. I didn't get bombarded with phone calls, but I knew someone would be available to speak with me if I wanted to have a conversation. I felt that spoke volumes to the kind of company you are and the understanding and respect you have for your customers' time.
William

Practice Management made easy

Reviewed on 01/08/2019

We wanted a simple but flexible system Practice Panther gave that

We wanted a simple but flexible system Practice Panther gave that

Pros

The software is simple its flexible and allows for use across platforms so Mac Windows etc
The support team superb
Since using we have seen a 45 per cent increase in billable hours

Cons

Nothing, it's great software nothing at all I don't like

LEAP and Clio

Client demand and need for better integration for Office 365

Daylite for Mac

Reasons for Switching to PracticePanther Legal Software

Better pricing better support and more flexibility of product

Missed the boat

Reviewed on 08/08/2019

It’s got a long way to go to meet the expectations of a multi attorney practice.

Pros

The software sure does “look” nice. But it really missed the boat on some of the more nuanced features of a law practice. For example, when applying a discount to an invoice, the discount must be applied to the total invoice (fees AND costs). Discounts cannot be applied to just the fees. Why in the world would any attorney want to apply a discount to client costs advanced on behalf of the client??? When I inquired about this, their answer was “just put in a discounted custom rate for the matter”. This response is completely unacceptable since I may only want to apply a discount to one invoice rather than all work done on the matter! This is just one small example of the half hearted attempt of this company to make a legal management software. This is just one of several problems with the “features” of the software. The timers are always so buggy. The software is just not refined at all. None of the features were well thought out. It’s like the programmers decided “Hey! This is a cool feature to add!” But never really fined tuned any of them to a fully functioning feature that could work well. They all sort of work to only about 50-60 percent functionality. It should not come as any surprise, though, since neither the founders nor anyone else on the management team has any experience in the legal industry. The company would be well served to hire some actual attorneys to advise them on how to fine tune their software to make it a truly great legal software.

Cons

The lack of any real understanding of the nuances of a legal practice by the founders and creators of the company and software.

Response from Paradigm

Hello! We really appreciate your feedback and understand your concern. Over the years, we've focused every effort to make a great Legal product for many specialty Law firms but of course there's always room to grow. It would be great to get on a call and go over any specific issues you are having with PracticePanther and of course to log any further feedback you may have. Please feel free to reach out anytime, and we'd be more than happy to assist you.

Christopher

Practice Panther is a Great Cloud Solution for Solo Practitioners

Reviewed on 18/09/2020

I still had an excellent experience. I suspect that in time PracticePanther will address these issues and I will gladly give it a 5-Star rating.

Pros

Practice Panther has a fairly intuitive interface for daily billing entries, templates for monthly billing and accounting for your trust and operating accounts for your clients. The learning curve was minimal in comparison to other systems I tried and the program was more responsive over other programs I tried over the internet. Tech Support and help files are easily available on every page. I found daily entries both fast and easy and the online billing system linked with LawPay is magnificent and has worked flawlessly for me. I was very skeptical of "secure" cloud-based billing and accounting but after more than a year it would take a lot to pull me away from Practice Panther.

Cons

There are two cons to this software to be aware of. First, there is no single backup system to backup and restore all your files with just a few clicks. While complete backup is available, it requires you to go through far too many steps to make sure you back up everything. I have not yet had to restore anything to Practice Panther but I am wary that a system that requires multiple steps could have glitches in trying to restore from their backups. It is more than possible that if a restoration were required it might involve more "downtime" for a practitioner than he or she would like in order to get back up and running. This is where I think they need to most work. Secondarily, their billing review system has an issue that will throw practitioners off. If you create a bill several months ago and you go back to look at the bill to see what the retainer balance was at the time of that bill, the historical bill actually pulls up the retainer that exists now. That should not occur on a historical bill. Once a bill has been saved, the bill should not change unless you intentionally change other things in your billing. An old bill should never show the current balance of the retainer. It should show the remaining balance of the retainer at the time the specific bill is generated.

Michael

• Customer Support Software

After years of begging them for real fixed price billing, I'm giving up.

Reviewed on 02/06/2018

It was a good start to law firm management, now I need something that works like a law firm needs to work, not force my law firm to work like the software wants me to.

Pros

It's easy to learn the basics. The calendar is good, it's helpful that they show tasks there. Searching is great. It's totally adequate if all you do is bill for time and integrate with Quickbooks.

Cons

Panther has no report on Items (e.g. how much of your revenue is from Document Drafting vs Litigation). To get such a report, you MUST integrate with Quickbooks. But the biggest problem is that Fixed Price billing (what they call "Flat Fee") is worthless.

Fixed Price billing was clearly an afterthought, and their implementation has not changed at all since the early days when I started using it: 1) It does not let you assign an Item as you can with time entries, so you can't easily tell Quickbooks that a Fixed Price invoice was for a trademark application, not doc review; 2) You can't assign a lawyer to a Fixed Price billing, so you cannot get a report to help you pay everyone proportionally to their Fixed Price billings; 3) Fixed Price matters become immediately billable even if no work has been done, so you must manually keep track of when it's time to invoice for a Fixed Price matter, and there's no report on billable Fixed Price matters; 4) When entering time on a Fixed Price matter, there's way no way to check whether you are about to exceed the budget, and no way anywhere to compare budgeted vs actual.

If you're a modern firm moving to fixed price as much as possible, you'll spend a LOT of time looking for work-arounds, and you'll find that implementing your work-arounds will chew up any time saving you might have gotten from using the rest of the software.

I can't wait to change to software that does Fixed Price right.

Response from Paradigm

Hey Michael, thank you so much for you feedback. I just wanted to let you know that based on the feedback of our users, yourself included, we have implemented a NEW FLAT FEE pricing option. We are the ONLY ones in the market to offer this function! We understand that the needs of our firms are constantly evolving and we value the suggestions and feedback of all of our users.

You can check out the guide published by our training department here:

Furthermore, visit our updates page for past and future releases.

Thanks for being a valued customer from the beginning!

Daniel

PracticePanther helps me complete tasks 5 times faster than before

Reviewed on 11/10/2021

We chose PracticePanther to modernize our paper-based and labor-intensive data reporting system that was 10 or 15 years old. It was very important for us to choose a product that was intuitive so that our employees could adopt it easily, PracticePanther is so simple that anyone can pick it up quickly. PracticePanther was also willing to help us customize our setup when onboarding, if we needed a change in the software to adapt to the way we do business, the answer was always yes. Since implementation, I am able to complete tasks using workflows and automations that would normally take a lot of phone or face-to-face time to work out, which means I save time and made my job so much easier.

Pros

Before PracticePanther, there was no aggregation of data that would allow me to analyze in real-time how we were performing, and we were leaving a lot of pennies on the table because of it. We were able to take an outdated, paper-based reporting system and modernize it. This allowed us to get a clear picture and make adjustments as needed. In a world where there is more remote work, it becomes more important than ever to be able to track those things so that your business is maximizing its profitability and efficiency with its employees.

Cons

The most stressful part for us was getting all the data into the system in a format that would work. Once it’s in there and rolling, it cuts down on so much work. There’s a little pain upfront, but you’ll find that with any software like this, that it takes a bit of time to get it right, once it’s in there you really do wonder how you lived without it.

Thad
Thad

• Customer Support Software

Slow and often times down.

Reviewed on 02/07/2019

When it's working properly, it is easy to use and intuitive. Unfortunately, it gets hung up a lot when you're trying to sort activities and task lists.

It seems to be down quite often on Monday mornings. At least once or twice a month in the last six weeks or so. It's down right now (Tuesday, July 2, 2019) and my firm of 27 people cannot use the software. It was down last week for over an hour. Yesterday, it was getting hung up when I was trying to view the "task list" and there are several tasks that I needed to complete for my clients.

In the past, the calendar kept getting hung up and our front desk team of three people had to keep our clients on hold for extended periods while they were waiting for the program to load. We went through their customer service channels and ask them nicely and with increasing urgency to please resolve the issue. Nothing happened until we posted a negative review and they fixed it within a day. Then they caused by telephone and asked us to take down the negative review.

I'm starting to wonder whether they actually work weekends in order to do system maintenance of the program is not down during the week.

Pros

It's very intuitive which makes it easy to use.
It integrates well with Law Pay.

Cons

It gets hung up a lot.
The program is down for long stretches during the workday.

Response from Paradigm

Hi Thad,

Thank you so much for your review. Ease of use stands at the top of our priority list, so we're glad to hear that you find PracticePanther to be intuitive. We pride ourselves with an uptime of 99.9% and we do apologize for any slowness you may have experienced over the past month. We have seen higher than usual spikes on the server and have implemented upgrades to scale our environments which should prevent these slowness occurrences in the future. Regarding July 2, there was a widespread issue with an application PracticePanther utilizes called CloudFlare that caused errors for some of our users. For immediate server updates, you can also subscribe to our Status Page to receive real time server status updates: https://practicepanther.statuspage.io/

We apologize for this inconvenience, understand your frustration, and appreciate your feedback.

Michael

Practice Panther Time Keeping and Billing for Attorneys

Reviewed on 16/09/2019

I have always been terrible at time keeping and billing. I have probably left Hundreds if not Thousands of dollars on the table by failing to properly keep track of my time and billing. With Practice Panther I am encouraged to keep track of my time and billing because it is fun and easy to do. And I am now on top of past due bills, who is paying on time, and when to prompt clients its time to pay up!

Pros

I really like two features the most. First, is the absolutely fabulous customer support that I receive. I get answers within less than 60 minutes from the time I contact them. Second is the ease of use. Practice Panther is almost intuitive in its use. If the answer doesn't jump out at you, there are tons of training videos available and the online customer help is spot on.

Cons

I use the basic Essential Monthly Plan. It is the lowest cost but the value is exceptional. I do wish I had some of the additional features in the higher priced plans but those don't fit my budget currently. Those features I can supplement with my own documents or programs.

Debra

• Customer Support Software

Great, comprehensive law office management program

Reviewed on 08/04/2020

We transferred over from another database program in a period of a month or two. All our contact information was integrated in from the other system, as were our case matters and billing information. At first we bemoaned the loss of our old cumbersome system that we'd gotten to know so well over 20 years, but within a few weeks our outlook brightened up and within a little over a month, literally everyone in the office was so happy that we had made the changed. Now after a year or two, we couldn't be happier. AND, the customer service is really good, they call you back asap and always have answers. I'm sure we won't be changing this database program ever.

Pros

This is a really easy to use program, that covers everything from client information, billing, document management, time tracking, and reports that are actually used a lot and simple to both run and understand. It comprehensively runs our entire office and makes our jobs A LOT easier. Plus, it's accessible from any phone, tablet or computer wherever you are.

Cons

E-mails pose a little difficulty in responding back and forth, because you have to start a new e-mail each time, although it may be because we don't have ours set up right. But it's still workable, and when they are saved into the program, it's as clean and easy to use as the rest of the program.

Terry

Easy and efficient

Reviewed on 11/07/2017

Being a new firm and a newly solo practitioner, I wanted the most efficient way to do it all enter my time and expenses, invoice, communicate with clients, use intake templates, etc. More, I practice throughout Northern California and log a lot of travel time meeting with clients, attending arbitrations or court appearances, or at speaking engagements. With that, I needed easy access on my laptop or phone to a law practice management system.
Previously, I did not have the ability to easily and quickly access a law practice management system. I also had numerous systems for entering time, tracking potential clients, invoicing, and the like. I love that I can use Practice Panther as a "one stop shop", even to pay bills, and that I can use it anywhere and on any device. It has made the hectic life of a newly solo and "on-the-go", mobile attorney much easier. I no longer have to worry about spending too much time on pesky administrative tasks.

Pros

Other than it being a "one stop shop" and the ease of accessibility, I have been impressed with Practice Panther's ability to respond to my specific needs. A significant amount of my work is for unions and clients with multiple matters. Initially, Practice Panther was unable handle invoicing and billing for an individual contact with multiple matters. However, I approached them with my needs and they created a "fix" to their system within a week. They also followed up to ensure that I was satisfied. I was certainly impressed by Practice Panther's speed and attentiveness.

Cons

I am still trying to learn all of the ins and outs. I need a bit more tutelage on the nuances. At times, customer service may not answer all of the questions, however, they have been very responsive to my needs once I call or make them known.

Jonathan

• Customer Support Software

TOP NOTCH CUSTOMER SERVICE AND THEY CAN ADAPT TO MEET YOUR NEEDS!

Reviewed on 28/01/2018

Pros

The customer service reps are always available (through the website/app!) and are extremely flexible as far as meeting individual requests. The software overall is very intuitive and once the basic information is inputted, training other attorneys and staff is easy. The PracticePanther reps even offered to help with training and do individualized training as necessary!
The iphone app is simple yet you can do everything on it you need to - right from court. I never have to worry about missing court dates or even reminders to review certain files or specific documents because in less than a minute I can have a task set, reminders set, and it will popup as I set it. The calendar syncs with Google Calendar and they imported all of our client contacts from Quickbooks Online, saving us many hours of data entry.
We are getting into the more advanced functions like templates, workflows, and other automation and that's really where the software shines. You create the custom fields, you choose what information is important for every matter, and you can add-on as you are creating matters. The flexibility and ease of access to everything - including client files from DropBox, which can mirror any network - is unrivaled.
Really happy we went with PracticePanther. The amount of time saved having customer care/customer service always available is invaluable. Highly recommended for law firms of all sizes.

Cons

Still working on getting the office transitioned from a paper filing and calendaring system to online. So the one suggestion I would have is to maybe have an app for the calendar that is independent from the phone app - similar to google calendar.
Also, there should be a way to turn the default settings to "Do not email assignees" when a workflow is applied. But that's a tiny suggestion. Overall no major complaints.

Robin

Love it

Reviewed on 26/10/2022

I used to spend HOURS every month doing my billing, and invoicing. I absolutely hated billing. Now it takes me a few minutes and a few clicks of a button and its finished, and the invoices are on their way to my clients, with an easy way to pay online.

Pros

I really love every aspect of this operating software. It saves me time, and frustration. It is also accessible from anywhere, and extremely easy to use.

Cons

There is nothing that I do not like. When I find something that can be "improved" such as adding sound to reminders... they added it into the software.

Randy

PracticePanther - Software Equivalent of a Part-Time Administrator

Reviewed on 10/05/2021

Pros

So many features and components of administering a law practice are included with PracticePanther that make the daily operation of the business more efficient. I used to use separate billing software, calendaring software - including court calendars for assorted federal and state courts, and task management software. PracticePanther replaced all of them and combines them in an easy to use format. Plus with the credit card payment feature, I now get paid faster (more than 14 days quicker on average) than I have ever been before. It is like having a part-time office administrator on staff.

Cons

I love PracticePanther's suite of features, but I wish it interfaced with my factual and legal research software so that engaging in online research could be automatically timed and the results saved in a way that is accessible through the PracticePanther website. For example, I use CaseText and if PracticePanther had an interface with CaseText, whenever I logged in to do research, I could enter the matter code and the time I researched was automatically billed to that matter and any cases I downloaded were linked to the matter in PracticePanther, I would be even more effective and efficient in getting work done and getting paid for it.

Jonathan

Incredible service for a great product

Reviewed on 12/05/2015

While one of the newer players in the field of practice management, Practice Panther excels in relationship building and care for its users. Having tried nearly every product available, I found that Practice Panther was a cut above the others by way of their desire to be the best. During the trial period, I send a large list of things that I would like to see implemented or improved in the product. Their response, that they have begun making a number of improvements and tabled some of the others for future releases, was impressive. Not only that, shortly thereafter they had some of the changes implemented in the product and live for all the users.

Practice Panther is a great product that you can grow your practice with. The employees of the company are interested in making a superior product that exceeds the expectations of all its users.

Pros

The dashboard allows me to see, at a glance, my productivity and earnings for the month. I can add important calendar dates and reminders to the page quickly and get a high-level view of everything that I am working on at the time.

Practice Panther also integrates with Google calendar, mail, and apps which is great. It allows me to assign emails to certain folders in gmail and then see the communication string within the program. I can put a calendar entry on my phone while away and it will sync into the app.

It is a great tool to help track and grow my practice.

Cons

As I mentioned above, Practice Panther is newer than the others. There are some features that are coming down the pipeline, but not implemented yet. For instance, the trust accounting process is a little buggy. Some features take some getting used to, but all of this is countered by the fact that they are friendly, nice, and excited to make the program the best it can be.

Overall, well done Practice Panther!

Response from Paradigm

Thanks for the great review Jon! We have upgraded our trust accounting to include over 35 reports you can export for your accountant. You can reconcile your account with your bank, view trust ledgers, sync with QuickBooks Online, use UTBMS codes or LEDES98B billing if needed, and much more. You can learn more and see some reports here: https://www.practicepanther.com/iolta-trust-accounting-software-attorneys/

Dawn

Reviewed on 08/07/2021

It is okay. It is good for billing. If they don't improve their customer service or keep up with competitors we may leave. Having the relationship with law pay is essential if they end that relationship we will leave

Pros

Billing is easy to complete with PP. It sometimes syncs with QB (when it doesn't it causes major issues)

Cons

The customer service is horrible and has gotten progressively worse over the years. It seems like when the company changed ownership there was no money put into development to make the system better and it is constantly getting beat by competitors. The customer service is almost non existent and there seems to be constant turnover.

Response from Paradigm

Hi Dawn - Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for the experience you had with receiving support. We strive to provide innovations to our customers through releases like our built-in eSignature and ePayments features and have a full product roadmap of other functionality that we're really excited about coming up. If you have anything you need help with or want to discuss further, please reach out to us at 1 (800) 856-8729 Ext. 2 or [email protected]. We'd appreciate your time to hear more about how we can help.