Tracker

Customer Service and Support Management Software

4.4 /5 (66 reviews) Write a Review!
4.4
4.2
4.1
4.3
4.8
Bob B.

Excellent Customer Support / Helpdesk

Reviewed on 03/02/2011

We looked at twenty different products over the course of about nine months before narrowing the field to four. This was not our first helpdesk software purchase but I wanted it to be our last. We are software developers so we have our own ideas about how things should work. ;>)

We had built a pretty formidable wish list and it grew a bit while we reviewed products. PhaseWare Tracker handles everything on our list and does it without compromise.

Pros

Customer (web) Self Service Center. incident submission automatically searches knowledge base and suggests PERTENANT articles. Competing products do this but we have not seen any do it well.

Knowledgebase that inserts itself into the process but doesnt get in the way. Building the KB is very easy to do in the course of resolving incidents.

Very flexible tracking of contacts, contracts and time. We have resellers and end users. Tracker handles incidents submitted by either party and keeps everyone up to date.

Theyll host Tracker or let you put it on your own server. They have desktop, browser and smartphone versions.

We have not found any aspect of the program that we could not tweak. Users can modify reports, database (MS SQL), most screens in the application and the customer support center.

The system handles emails quite well. screen shots, file attachments and hyperlinks, etc.

Cons

We spent more time than we should have before going live. This really isnt PhaseWares fault. Its only listed as a CON because I wish their manual had an introduction that said Dive in; you can tweak it later.

In retrospect we also should have stuck more to their training (included with purchase) rather than digging in on our own but being in the SW biz we thought we could learn their stuff faster than they could learn ours. We were wrong. They have an incredible knack for understanding the many and varied ways people want to do business.

Leon W.

This tool is very useful and keeps work orders (incidents) on track and visible.

Reviewed on 31/10/2008

This tool is very useful and keeps work orders (incidents) on track and visible to the people who initiated the work order and the personnel assigned to perform tyhe work order. Reporting is great and comprehensive. The ease of use using the web portal made even the computer illiterate feel comfortable. This is a great product and the support staff are very good at in thier roles and will help the customer out any way possible.

Pros

After setup, it was easy to install (web GUI), train, and use. Users were adding work orders and the PhaseWare tracker alerts are keeping me up to date and I was able to respond quickly, and assign the work order to a technician. Using the Journal entries was great because it kept the customer up to date on thier work order and allowed efficent reporting for inquiries about a particular work order. Setup was decent and the administrative documentation met most of our needs to fulfill our requirements. Any other questions were answered quickly and efficiently by the PhaseWare support personnel. The report templates are easy to use after going through them to see which template worked the best. After further investigation, I was able to create reports based on my favorite searches which is a breeze to define. The web portal is great and easy to use. I really like to email setup as well to let me know what's going on and reminding me when a work order is due or to follow up.

Cons

This was not really a con, but the first intial training session was a little confusing and jumped around a bit. I think that was in part to our company asking questions while the trainer was walking us through the application. I would reccommend a beginning to end approach for the training. The trainer was very gracious and patient with our questions.

Teresa L.
Industry: Accounting

I've been a PhaseWare Tracke user since the initial software release.

Reviewed on 16/04/2015
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

My organizations have used Tracker to operate a 24 hour international help desk and another for client management and services. The system has always been solid and rich with functionality. I am forever loyal to this brand as it continues to evolve with the times and always offers my companies the latest in technology and client management. The Directors have a proven record, excel in customer satisfaction, and lead their industry in anticipating new enhancements and upcoming trends.

Cons

In the 10 years that I have worked with Phaseware, I have no complaints. I frequently recommend their products and services to my associates.

Eldon N.

PhaseWare functionality

Reviewed on 23/03/2017

PhaseWare helps us organize and coordinate responses to customer problems. I also helps organize our projects internally. It will remind us if an issue has been overlooked.

Pros

The ability to see a list of unfinished products. The ability to track the progress of projects and determine what step to do next. Also, the ability to retrieve data and documents about a project a year later.

Sue B.

Reviewed on 29/10/2008

I would like to spend some time expalaining exactly what we need to see if our needs fit the development plan of the product. We do not want to change products, but will if we are headed in different directions.

Pros

The tracking of calls works well and we love being able to drag in emails, faxes and recorded phone conversations into the calls. We like being able to customize screens and add fields. This is our first call management application and it has helped us a great deal.

Cons

We evidently have very unique needs in our software support tracking. The way the system tracks support agreements is not how we track it so this feature is of no help. Without this, the system is unable to help us with billing. We have created a billing work around, although the process takes time. System auto saves so the single drop of a pen on a keyboard or a click of a mouse with a lost cursor can erase an entire conversation. We have other areas we have requested changes or enhancements on but have only seen one of those come to production and that change is not reflected in reports.

Bob B.

Phaseware Tracker Review

Reviewed on 20/08/2014
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

They have deep features that we could not find elsewhere, even in products costing 2-3 times as much. For example, we sell software, and Tracker gives us the ability to relate solution providers (resellers of our software) to our end users, the retailers. We can easily respond to either party and keep the other party in the loop. Either party can log into the self-service center to see their stuff.

Cons

It was hard to find! We are software developers ourselves, so we knew what we wanted. We performed a very exhaustive search that dismissed many other products almost immediately, yet that search took hundreds of hours.

Raymond S.

PhaseWare supports

Reviewed on 22/08/2014
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

PhaseWare is extremely comprehensive, and while powerful software usually means difficult to use and a long run-up to effective use. This is not the case with PhaseWare. Out of the box, it's ready to work for you. PhaseWare also completed the installation remotely and provided fantastic user and administrator training. What about support, you might ask. While we seldom need it, the few times we have needed it, they were quick, efficient, and professional, and they took care of the issue completely.

Cons

There's nothing to dislike. I only wish I could say the same for other software we use.

Gerry M.

Great Support Platform

Reviewed on 23/03/2017

Tracker has really made keeping track of tickets, internal and external simple and accessible on multiple platforms, PC, Phone, Tablet, etc... In addition the searching capability is very robust. We also use Tracker to tag tickets so they can be reported in updates and version release notes.

Pros

Browser based so it can be accessed from multiple devices, the ability to do text searches is excellent.

Cons

When using the Home screen the Open Tickets by Staff widget, the bars are too wide and so you can only see 10 or so staff members, if those bars were narrower and the staff name field wrapped, that would help

Rick C.

Great program, need some training to learn all that it is capable of doing.

Reviewed on 27/03/2017

By no fault of Phaseware (I started using after it was already implemented by another company we merged with) I have not even began to scratch the surface of everything that the system is capable of doing. I am hoping to soon get some lessons and put the program to it's test!

Pros

Flexibility to set up to capture the info you need to see and the company is eager to help you get it set up in the manner that is best for you.

Cons

Requires training to understand the capabilities.

Robert L.

Highly recommended if you require quick set-up and ease of use out of the box.

Reviewed on 29/10/2008

Highly recommended if you require quick set-up and ease of use out of the box.

Pros

- Quick installation and set-up
- Ease of maintenance and administration
- Responsive support assistance
- User friendly

Cons

- Documentation needs work to be more complete and available on all areas, a lot of information only in vendor's head and not on paper.
- Finding number of restrictions requiring specialized customizations, which could become expensive.
- Minimal training tools.

Christopher I.

I would recommend this product for any size companies.

Reviewed on 05/11/2008

I would recommend this product for any size companies. It is simple enough for a small company and powerful enough for a large company.

Pros

The product is functional and usable.
The product is very customizable.
The licensing model is affordable.
Tech support is very good.

Cons

Customizing the reports is a bit difficult, but useful. A report creating manual would be nice.

Michael L.

Phaseware Tracker

Reviewed on 01/02/2011

Good product, and if you choose this software, phaseware support will work with you in any possible implementation issues or customization requests

Pros

Good value,
good for small businesses as it is a cheaper option but still capable of handling help desk needs.
event engine allows for some customization

Cons

not completely customizable.

Robert B.

We have been very pleased with the product and especially the support and access when needed.

Reviewed on 20/08/2008

Very open to suggestions for new features and functions and changes to make the product even better.

Oustanding product and people.

Pros

Easy to use but full of functionality.
Very reliable product. Releases are top quality.

Cons

None that come to mind

Dan B.

PBPS-Omaha

Reviewed on 30/03/2017

My tech support rep is great! Whenever I have had questions, comments or problems she is always very helpful and responsive. She has gone above and beyond multiple times for me and it is very appreciated.

Betsy W.

I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for helpdesk software.

Reviewed on 30/10/2008

I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for helpdesk software.

Pros

PhaseWare is easy to build and easy to use. It has a very friendly user interface that both internal and external customers use with ease. Customer Support is great.

Cons

I can not think of any.

Ivan P.
Industry: Financial Services

Rating only

Reviewed on 21/11/2017
Randel P.
Industry: Retail

Tracker Beyond our expectations

Reviewed on 23/03/2017

We have been using Tracker as our customer support interface with our customers for over 5 years now. It gives us the ability to evolve the interactive relationship between the Support staff and our customers. Multiple reports, both standard and custom have given up the insight into the issues that our customers see while using our products in their day to day operations. It has helped to provide direction of our product growth while addressing the needs of the customer.
From an internal prospective, it gives a real time look at the performance and through put of our organizations. Helping to identify areas for improvement as well as staffing requirements for short term relief as well as long term growth.
Tracker on Demand and Tracker Beyond have helped to make the relationship with our customers a more manageable one with historical data and real time look at their needs.

Pros

Easy to use for new hires to come up to speed quickly.

Cons

Some of the features from Demand were not ported over to Beyond. the ability to see past viewed tickets. The screen roles as you scroll up and down the journal entries. the search screen doe snot always clear out and some times you need to clear individual fields manually.

Kim T.
Industry: Financial Services

Great System for Tracking Support

Reviewed on 23/03/2017

I like the ability to use the system to track the support that various teams provide within our organization. With a few hours of training, it is easy to pick up and use. The different types of report that can be customized and tailored to my needs is the biggest value for this system. I highly recommend it to anyone who needs to keep their support services centralized and track the type and level of support that their teams provide.

Pros

The ability to track support provided. The types of reports that can be produced and customized to track the support.

Cons

I feel that it lacks the ability to upload multiple attachments to incidents at once. You have to create a new journal entry for each attachments that you attempt to upload to an incident. When forwarding or replying to a response - it does not track it in the system like an email message so it's hard to forward the message again since it doesn't display the header of when the previous message was sent using Outlook plug-in.

Sara S.

Reviewed on 02/04/2009

So far we have been very pleased with the performance of the product and the company. Based on their quick response and willingness to implement customer feedback we expect the product will improve further and continue to exceed expectations. Tracker was less costly and far more valuable than our previous ticketing solution.

Pros

The PhaseWare team was responsive to every special need and request that we made, including some significant customizations to the program. They even set up a custom demo installation on their own servers, and left it active for testing and training during our entire implementation period. Every member of their team was intelligent, personable, and provided great customer service.

PhaseWare handles Tracker support using its own software - something we were surprised to find that some competitors don't do-- and their Self Service Center is highly usable with active community forums and great downloadable documentation. They include a Suggestions forum, and the newest version of Tracker includes many of those suggestions.

The software is scalable and reliable, and provides us flexibility to make changes that fit our workflow and reporting needs.

Cons

The Self Service Center is a bit blocky looking "out of the box" and is missing some features that are offered by many competitors (like "email this article" and "print" links, and rich text formatting in the knowledgebase). Creating "canned" responses and template incidents requires administrator level access, and the method of adding the canned snippets to support incidents in progress is cumbersome. No ability to manually sort field values or lists of downloads, FAQs, etc-- nearly all display alphabetically. There are limited tools available for ad hoc reporting/querying - the report designer requires programming knowledge.

Sachin P.
Company size: 10,000+ Employees

A good tool for B2B day-to-day problem creation and finding solution.

Reviewed on 08/05/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I am just trying this software out and haven't really implemented this anywhere yet, but looks promising until now. The best features that it provides me with mobile compatibility and the analytics part is as detailed as you would like. Custom fit design capability, IM functionality and optimized search option are pros in this case.

Cons

Haven't tried the system completely yet, hence will post the cons after comparing with the competition in depth later. Hopefully i can edit this later :).

Tommy T.

Customizable Customer Support Ticketing System

Reviewed on 02/02/2011

Tracker will help any entity provide a way to support its customers. Priced right for all the enriched features, Phaseware has supported its product expeditiously. Customizing Tracker can be endless with all the available options built into the application. Tracker continues to grow as a product as Phaseware continues to listens to their customers feedback.

Pros

-Great Product for Price
-Great Customer Support
-Extensive Online Forum Community
-Very Customizable
-Event Engine/Email Checker for automation
-Contact Creation on known Customer's Domain
-Automatic Password Recovery
-Securities and SLA features
-TOD: Tracker On Demand for on the go
-Chat capabilities
-Ease of Use and Ease of Training

Cons

-Email Checker needs the capability to prescreen incoming emails
-Event Engine cost per event can get expensive
-Unable to assign group to an incident

Tommy T.
Industry: Public Policy

Ticketing System with Options.

Reviewed on 09/04/2015
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Flexibility to business needs. Custom Forms that better fits end user's requirements.

Cons

Stuck in the middle of being a manageable small company and having the resources of the big company.

Tiffany O.
Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Great Software

Reviewed on 24/03/2017

Tracker works the way we need it too. It works quickly and efficiently. Customer support is quick to answer all of our questions.

Pros

It works quickly and efficiently.

Cons

Nothing.

Michele D.

I recommend this software to any Support Center environment.

Reviewed on 28/10/2008

I recommend this software to any Support Center environment. We record every contact with our clients, regardless of department. It provides us critical statistical data that allows us to manage our business better.

Pros

I love this software.
We have been able to customize to meet all our specific needs.

The customer support is spectacular. Very responsive and knowledgeable.

We continue to find new ways to improve our processes utilizing Tracker.

The Self-Service-Center has been a huge success for us, our customers love it.

It's a very powerful tool and we take advantage of almost every feature it has.

Cons

Don't really have any. The majority of suggestions/enhancement requests we've made has already been rolled into the software or is planned for a future release.

Manish K.

Phaseware Review_ABB 279

Reviewed on 03/04/2017

It is good too to keep record of all ticket and take necessary action. It help to create report as per need and dashboard can be customized which is a good feature.