LiquidPlanner

4.4/5

Chuck
  • Industry: Biotechnology

• Customer Support Software

Liquid Planner is a Very Effective Tool for Project Planning and Management.

Reviewed on 26/04/2019

Our team is fairly small (~50 users across the company) so we do not have dedicated resources to just maintain the information in Liquid Planer. However, Liquid planner is accessible and intuitive so we can have several team members contribute to the maintenance of project schedules as part of their duties.

We use Liquid Planner to manage the temporal aspects of project management. The tool is very good for what it is designed to do. There are a rich set of reporting tools that allow for customization to meet our needs. It has done this job for us very well. The support provided has been timely and effective.

Pros

The product is well designed so that it is a relatively low bar to learn how to use it effectively. It is easy for team members to interact with the software and to enter the information according to each users project role. When used as intended, the software does an excellent job providing the necessary views into project status. The software definitely lives up to its name as modifying project plans and priorities is easy and the impacts of such changes are essentially instantly available. The numerous but intuitive ways to manage project subtleties such as available time, delays, etc. make it straightforward to create realistic project schedules.

Cons

I do not have any specific negatives with respect to Liquid Planner. Like any software of this class, It does take some training and experience to get the most out of it. My best advice is to spend some time to understand how the designers intended the product to be used use it accordingly. LP has a rich set of features and if used properly will contribute positively to project management.

Matthew
  • Industry: Biotechnology

• Customer Support Software

LiquidPlanner Project Management that Works!

Reviewed on 07/09/2021

We consolidated a variety of tools (spreadsheets, Microsoft Project, email) into a single project management system used by the entire company. This streamlined our training and minimized our project management overhead. LiquidPlanner did a great job at what it claimed to do - project management.

Pros

The product was simple to use. It was easy to for remote access since it is a SAAS. It did a great job keeping track of project tasks. Each task was simple to enter and simple to manage. Task attachments and checklists were nice features that gave additional information to the person doing the task and the project manager.

Cons

The software has a specific mentality about project management. If you follow that mentality, the software is amazing. If you decide you know better, it will lead to lots of lost time in trying to gain metrics from LiquidPlanner. Our team was trained on the former, but decided to do it their own way for about 16 months. It was a long hard battle to get our management team to switch to the LP mentality. When they finally did, the tool just worked with minimal effort and overhead. So, more our issue than LPs, but LP could be more flexible.

Jama Connect and Cognition Cockpit

Reasons for Choosing LiquidPlanner

SAAS plus SSO features and consolidation of tools.

Reasons for Switching to LiquidPlanner

Team input and ease of use.
Samuel
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Project Management and Not Much Else

Reviewed on 21/08/2018

I do like the tool. It's fairly simple to learn. Menu structure and feature overload are intimidating at first, but you get over that (to an extent). iOS app is important to my team - quick reference to projects running is very good to have and many other products like LP don't have a mobile app at all.

Overall, it's just not for me and my team. If there are better connections with development tools (Jira, BitBucket, Slack etc.) in the future, we may reconsider.

Pros

It's easy to set up hierarchy and control a project using LiquidPlanner. Feature set is very good and there are few gaps. For project planners, it's a great tool because it allows you to assign tasks, add time, and see a Gantt chart in a few clicks.

Cons

It's not for me. I'm in Product Management and my team was looking for a tool that will integrate with (or be less friction) with our current development tools. We currently use Atlassian (Jira, BitBucket) products for development and Google Sheets for our sprint management. The cons of LiquidPlanner is that it's a PROJECT tool, not a Product tool. I know LP probably doesn't plan on filling that need for a Product tool but there is a gap in that market and providing integrations with products like Atlassian could allow for LP to expand into a completely new market.

All the features are there, just need to engineer some more automated and simplified ways of managing products, rather than large scale projects with LP.

Powerful project management tool

Reviewed on 15/07/2022

Pros

LiquidPlanner is a powerful online tool for managing activities, workloads, and plans. This can automatically and dynamically schedule work for your entire team even when circumstances change.

Cons

Setting up projects and learning to use them requires a lot of time.
There is no interactive Gantt chart and no attachments other than images or milestones.

Brandon
  • Used for 2+ years

Happy Customer

Reviewed on 11/01/2021

The product itself is great and we rarely need assistance from the LP team to get the most out of the platform. Our reporting and ability to manage multiple projects has greatly improved since implementing LiquidPlanner into our operations.

Pros

The ability to dynamically update your entire portfolio based resource availability or task completion helps our small team set the right expectation and understand the impact each project produces across our customer base.

Cons

Its built for enterprise integration, so in our industry the lack of integration into our CRM systems was limited.

Microsoft Project, Basecamp, and ConnectWise Manage

Reasons for Choosing LiquidPlanner

ConnectWise's project management module is not user friendly and lacks any type of coherent portfolio management. When we run 30-50 projects at a time, we need a tool that can easily handle the dynamic nature of that many projects and keep the team on track.

ConnectWise Manage

Reasons for Switching to LiquidPlanner

This platform solved our exact need for our IT project management focused on a FIFO approach.
Julian
  • Industry: Automotive

Flexible and User Friendly

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

We have prevented primary resources from being over allocated. This shows where the bottle necks are and allows us to apply another resource to a particular task or project if needed.

Pros

We enjoy the user friendly interface. It's easy to add\move tasks and adjust project plans. Calendar view is also great for reviewing the team's work load on a weekly or monthly basis. This provides a clear direction for all members of the team.

Cons

It can become difficult to manage a work space with many projects (50+). Details can get lost and it can be overwhelming to users.

Jonathan

Great platform, but you need to use it a lot to understand it

Reviewed on 06/11/2019

It was difficult to understand the platform at the beginning, but when you understand it, I really liked it. The thing is : I invested a lot of time just to understand it and you put the expensive price on top of that, at the end it costs me a lot more that it save in first 6 months.

Pros

I really like that you can do a lot to help with your project management and team management. All the informations is in one place (you need to create a structure that represent your company and your staff) and everybody can find what he wants. It's easy to do follow-ups with clients. The best thing is that you don't need a few platforms to see the time left, the budget and the tasks.

Cons

It took a lot of time to find LiquidPlanner easy to use and to find a structure that represent the company and our employees . The interface (or UX) is not simple. The price is a bit expensive if you have a small team.

katherine

• Customer Support Software

Not flexible enough to be an all-in-one project and task management software

Reviewed on 06/06/2022

I liked LP for a long time but the notes section is awful so there was always a hole and required the use of other tools to manage design and long lists of action items for a task. The refresh on the kanban board has also gotten buggier over time so using it in meetings when you are quickly moving from task to task has been frustrating. I also struggled with limitations around requiring information and adding fields for task/project tracking that meant I had to always use tools outside of LP to communicate with other teams involve in a project, business sponsors and IT leadership. I have moved all of my real tracking into Notion where I have complete control over all of this and it has improved my team's productivity immeasurably! I will likely move completely away from LP in the future because it just is too rigid and inefficient.

Pros

I like the conversation that LP forces around how much time something will take and the idea that building out a list of smaller to-do's will help you identify how much time a task will take to complete. I like LP so much more than a traditional project management tool.

Cons

There is a lack of flexibility when looking at projects and tasks together. In Notion, I am much more able to plan out task due dates across multiple projects and tasks that are in-flight at the same time. LP does not have enough flexibility to really meet the needs of a small team working on lots of things at the same time. It is too siloed.

Response from LiquidPlanner

Katherine

Thank you for your candid and thorough feedback. We value customer feedback and incorporate it into our product development. We are so glad that LiquidPlanner helps your team estimate timelines more accurately. Ranged estimation is one of our core product features unique to other project management tools. We are sorry to hear that you are struggling to plan projects across your team's portfolio. Please reach out to me. We believe our team of experts can help your team solve any portfolio management problems.

We also wanted to inform you that we completely rebuilt our tool based on feedback like yours last year. We invite you to try out our NEW LiquidPlanner product as we think it will solve the communication challenges you have been experiencing with the Classic product.

Reach out to us anytime if you are experiencing problems. We are always here to help make your team as efficient as possible!

- Ted Hawksford, CEO

Lisa
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

• Customer Support Software

Feature-rich Project Management Software!

Reviewed on 31/05/2022

LiquidPlanner provides the best-customized data and special reports. Moreover, you can grant multiple permission letters to more than a hundred people. Additionally, with this premium software, you can record the daily working hours in your project. You can simply administer your activities and sort out them accordingly.

Pros

LiquidPlanner works with a 3P strategy. Thus, this software works to plan, predict, and perform which is impeccable. So, it helps in aligning and managing your business in better ways. The LiquidPlanner has a better scheduling network and works by providing the best features for marketing trends. Additionally, you can also enjoy the free accounts here. LiquidPlanner is a highly productive tool. This software provides you with a helpful guide about the format and structure that you should follow for projects. Additionally, LiquidPlanner properly saves all your files and important documents without consuming much space. Thus, it is the better option to choose for storing significant data in one place. You should use the premium version to unlock other features.

Cons

The most unwanted feature of this tool is the complex system. Thus, users find it hard to understand and operate the tool. So, there is a need for qualified skills to use its dashboard and further operations. LiquidPlanner only works for the basic features and doesn't provide any tested list opportunities. Additionally, this software doesn't work with the user-friendly mode and thus, at times users find it hard to manage it.

Ana
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Good Enough

Reviewed on 13/06/2022

Pros

The prioritization feature is the best, duplication of templates pretty good as well!

Cons

I don't like to see a feed of all activities of all people- only want what is relevant to me. Find it difficult to track comments, files and status of a task.

Gordon W
  • Industry: Design

• Customer Support Software

Powerful and Flexible Project and Resource Planning, But Falls Short When Applied To Agencies

Reviewed on 06/02/2019

This tool is extremely powerful and robust, but like any other tool, the quality of the data which comes out of it is only as good as the data that is put into it. We attempted over the course of 12 mos. to integrate this tool into our small agency (<25 users). While simple to use, the biggest challenge was buy-in from other department captains in using the tool to its full potential.

Pros

I was very happy with the ease of use this product provided compared to some of the tools we used previously. It is built in a contemporary look and feel and is easy to navigate and manipulate data points in order to determine trends and better inform decisions. If you have the time and resources to dedicate to making sure the latest project data is always available, that is, due dates, estimated levels of effort remaining and hours logged are all kept up to date in a real-time basis, this tool has the potential to truly provide a wholistic and accurate view of the workload within an organization, along with any potential risks. The way the data are refreshed using the forecasting algorithms is a great feature which allows project managers to shift tasks around to determine how resources are affected.

Cons

Despite the name of "Liquid" Planner, there were some decidedly "unliquid" principals in which the software was built upon which power the accuracy and overall value of the product. If more then 25% of these principals are not known or regularly updated, the entire product grinds to a halt and the value it provides is completely lost. It's not a fault of how the product was built. I never encountered a time where the service/software was down or unavailable and each time I reached out to the support team they were courteous and prompt with their response. Overall, I felt frustrated by the amount of data the tool needs (and how that data need to be structured) in order for the tool to be valuable and viable. More often than not, I felt myself and the team responsible for the tool were spending more time administering the tool itself rather than using the information coming out of the tool to better our projects.

Steven

• Customer Support Software

I am a fan, though our use is just scratching the surface

Reviewed on 12/10/2018

Because of the lack of integrations, I have been looking for something to replace Liquid Planner with, and after seeing them, I could not stand to stop using Liquid Planner. I think that alone speaks volumes.

I think you would be foolish to not look at their product. And there you have it.

Pros

As a web development agency, I can tell you the one feature that has prevented me from using another product, that is their task estimating feature. Why nobody else does this is beyond me (full disclosure: a lot of things are beyond me) :)

When setting up a task you can actually estimate the time it will take the same way real people estimate tasks, with a time range. Who in the world ever hits their single estimate time targets all the time? NOBODY. With Liquid Planner you enter a range, 3 - 6 hours, 1-2 hours, etc. THAT IS A LIFESAVER FOR US.

Another concept of theirs called "packages" is also brilliant. There you can take tasks and bundle them up into "folders" that make sense to you, so you can look at your projects

Cons

The thing that I dislike the most is there are not many integrations with third party time keepers for tasks and billing programs. Harvest would be an example, as would many others. They have their own time tracker, but to use it you ahve to have the app open. Lose internet, forget about it. Working in a car or on the train without internet? Forget about it.

Also, their mobile app is not really of much value.

Riel

• Customer Support Software

The best project management tool for teams

Reviewed on 12/03/2010

Through thoughtful design, LiquidPlanner has made a project management application that is a perfect fit for dynamic and collaborative teams. It could replace your current project, task, time management tools and company blog by integrating them all in a natural way.

Liquid Planner has a transparent way of making you be mindful of exactly how the team is using its precious time. Our company president pleaded with me to get it set up so that he could use it as a tool to help the partners understand the team's capacity. He wanted a convincing way to show why more projects could not be taken on without an increase in staff. Liquid Planner allowed me to do this within a day.

I feel like the Liquid Planner designers traveled into my mind to design the perfect project/task/time manager.

Pros

Having used many project management tools over many years, it's hard to not fall in love with LiquidPlanner. It feels like I've traveled to bizarro world where everything goes right.

I can now put together comprehensive projects faster than I can plan them in my mind. I've never had this experience (including with Excel). Simply put, I don't feel the interface slowing me down. It feels like all "busy work" has been removed.

I never thought I'd have a real-time schedule because of the requirements to maintain it, but LiquidPlanner delivers on this promise. Thank you. I'm embarrassed to say that "what if" scenarios are so easy and fast to do, I've developed stronger intuitive scheduling techniques without understanding exactly why they work. Am I now smarter or dumber?

If you are not the type to love the clock-in/out button on each task, you might be the type to get hooked on adding a few notes when you complete each task because your notes are shared in the team's "blog."

Cons

Introducing a new company-wide system is always hard, but you you can use Liquid Planner to replace your project management tools, time-tracking tools and company blog so that should help reduce the total number of systems.

Currently companies that need a fully-featured document library should stick with what they have. There is an API and the company has been aggressively releasing new features so maybe someday.

If you haven't experienced a lot of project management tools, you may not be as passionate about it as I am. Part of it's appeal is that it does what any other project management tool integrated with a company portal can do, but it does it fast and easy enough that it's actually worth using.

Avery
  • Industry: Computer Games

• Customer Support Software

Really powerful for project managers, less good for other users

Reviewed on 14/08/2018

Pros

Really powerful, the gantt chart overview was really useful while our estimates were kept up to date. Project-focused organization allows us to keep a broad view of a complex project and tagging and export features are able to generate a variety of views of our data in an organized way.

Cons

Our executive team and eventually our developers stopped using it. Primary interface of the projects tab was too overwhelming & complex. No way to give teams a link that included the filters down to what they actually care about or give people a link to the exact view & set of filters that I was sharing during screen sharing. Not enough integration with external services (github, perforce, JIRA, bug tracking). Quite expensive. Overwhelming interface meant users didn't update tasks, which meant our data got out of date. Gantt chart stopped being accurate or useful and just got overwhelming. Dashboards could be made for visibility but didn't offer the teams opportunities to modify a limited view. Not easy enough to link to a specific task, or generate a new ticket in the right place with a simple link to a user-speakable identifier like a ticket-based system. Still great for people who are technically minded and want the big picture, not great for people who want a limited view of a subset of the project or are too busy to learn how to use the tool effectively.

Ahmed
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Outstanding innovation in project management, while ensuring best visual representation of...

Reviewed on 15/02/2022

LiquidPlanner enabled us to create more exact project plans and executable work plans, allowing us to better track the implementation process and make changes as needed. Its collaboration features and adaptability are outstanding. The software streamlined the team's work schedules and guaranteed that everyone used it and took timely notes, which helped keep the project on track.

Pros

LiquidPlanner is easy to use and automates my routines, which saves me time. LiquidPlanner's use of Gantt charts to manage tasks and project progress provides a unique representation of the realities of a project's business, eliminating the need to manually update, recalculating deadlines and completion dates. I was also able to communicate more efficiently and effectively with my team members because I have a list of tasks to complete on a priority basis. Apart from that, it offers task management capabilities to store project documents, tables, and data in one place for all team members, making it easy to have everyone on the same page in terms of conversations and planning, and makes integrations straightforward.

Cons

Positives outnumber negatives in LiquidPlanner. It is a low-cost, easy-to-use project management application. The LiquidPlanner user interface is appealing, adaptable, and easy to understand. The notification system is excellent.

• Industry: Medical Devices

• Customer Support Software

Hard to get over the preconceived notions, but worth it

Reviewed on 12/04/2019

I am very much a fan of this software. I think the limitations for how it can help is more around people understanding what it does differently than Project or similar tools than with the tool itself. One of my most recent experiences tells the story well. When we were discussing the pros and cons an individual with a lot of influence was complaining that dates in the tool move if someone is sick and not getting to their tasks. I had a hard time understanding a perspective that a plan with a date should be static regardless of what people do. This tool is about understanding your progress based on what people do, not a static planning tool that people never look at or influence by there actions and therefore allows us to pretend that finish dates don't change regardless of peoples actions or issues that can arise.

My overall opinion is the tool is limited more by peoples perspective than anything else and if you want better tracking, predictability, and ability to influence results you need to invest 30% of your time on the tool and 70% of your time getting people to wrap their heads around what this is doing and not what it might replace.

Pros

It helps to organize the tasks and get people the right information to work on.
It helps to prioritize what needs to happen and forecast how long it takes.
It does a great job of managing hand offs within a team.
It provides more tools than a typical user will ever need. The deeper you go the more value you can get.

Cons

It can be difficult to get people to understand that this is not typical planning software.
A more robust tutorial and a better description of what this tool is would help get teams to start faster.

Dave
  • Industry: Higher Education Software
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

LiquidPlanner review

Reviewed on 06/12/2019

We are using LiquidPlanner to capture, track, and manage our department's projects and tasks.

Pros

LiquidPlanner allows our teams to track thousands of tasks across hundreds of projects. Features critical to us include the ability to effectively view hundreds of projects, define sub-folders (ie. summary tasks) more than one level deep, and define filter views (to limit on screen content) are critical features.

Cons

No ability to create private projects and tasks. No ability to create more than one workspace. No ability to assign or limit personnel access per project (only per your single workspace). The very limited functionality of the mobile application make it effectively useless.

Kristen
  • Industry: Philanthropy

LiquidPlanner - expensive, but with PM software, you get what you pay for.

Reviewed on 14/12/2017

Over the course of my career I have used a lot of PM software. I have used Project, Jira, Basecamp, Asana, and Trello in addition to LiquidPlanner. Out of all of them, LiquidPlanner is my PM software of choice.

Pros

LiquidPlanner is a powerful project management tool. It can be used to track tasks, projects, employee capacity, schedules, deliverables, and hours. I find that the most important and helpful feature of LiquidPlanner is its ability to track employee capacity and move estimated completion dates back if someone is overloaded. This is crucial if you are working in an environment with multiple projects going on at the same time who are obliged to share certain resources (2D artists, programmers, video editors, etc.)

Cons

At most I can think of only two cons related to LiquidPlanner
1. Setting up a project in LiquidPlanner is definitely time-consuming. Project managers will need to dedicate several hours to transforming their WBS information to something that works in LP. However, this is just a drain on PMs and not project team members.
2. In some environments it can be difficult to get employees to "buy-in" to LiquidPlanner and consistently update their hours and tasks. It's a behavior change and culture shift that must be encouraged and re-enforced regularly.

Manager's view

Reviewed on 17/08/2018

It's a great improvement over our prior way of working, but after a few years we still haven't perfected our system to get exactly what we needed. Ideally, the only manual steps would be timely tracking of work on tasks and revised estimates, but to get our needs met we've needed more manual work.

Pros

Prior to Liquid Planner, all of our client projects were in individual Microsoft Project files - which isn't ideal when you have shared resources. Now that we've used LP for a few years, we have much better visibility to work coming down the pike as well as potential conflicts/overbookings. However, the tool is only as good as the team's willingness to use it in a timely and accurate manner.

Cons

The nature of our business and projects is much more complicated than what is featured in the sales process. Clients have a role in the process, and delays on their part push out all our deliverables. This is hard to capture/manage in LP without additional manual updates by the project manager. Also, we've had to devise a bit of a workaround workflow to allow us to properly prioritize individual tasks across multiple projects - again, requires some manual management/movement of tasks. When any of the manual work falls by the wayside, the quality of the projections in LP is diminished greatly.

Antoine

• Customer Support Software

Awesome project management tool with time tracking and more

Reviewed on 24/08/2017

Full PM tool, time tracking, billing.

Pros

We've been using Liquid Planner for the last 5 years now and I can say that we are now managing 100% of our projects with it.

Building a platform like Potion is a lot of work in product design, marketing, development and customer support but Liquid Planner has been a huge help when it comes to managing our projects.

Whether it's dealing with our internal or customer projects, Liquid Planner (my guys call it LP) has been a huge help. We're using only part of the tools provided by LP, such as packages, tasks, attributions, deadlines, time tracking, resource planning and scheduling, but it's already bringing a huge providing us with both flexibility and structure.

The help resources are really thorough also and help us get the information we need to use it in an even better way.

Finally, and I think it's certainly one of the biggest strength of Liquid Planner, its support team is tremendous. All of our requests are always answered with concise and clear replies that push us forward.

Cons

As any PM tool, there is a learning curve and you need to get the team using it in the good way. Thankfully, the help resources are great.

Kerry
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

• Customer Support Software

Great but room to improve

Reviewed on 06/12/2019

Liquid Planner has helped us be more organized and has helped us manage several projects at once. Being able to see expected project completion dates and expected hours to complete is helpful.

Overall I am very pleased with Liquid Planner but wish it was better in the areas I mentioned.

Pros

I like sevaral things about Liquid Planner. Here are just a few.

I like the project management in general. I like the range of hours for tasks. This helps improve overall project scheduling.

I like being able to add custom fields to tasks and projects.

I like the ability to do ASAP Tasks.

Cons

While great, Liquid Planner is not perfect.

I wish the reports and analytics worked a bit more intuitively. There are several things that I have tried to do that I have not been able to figure out. Some I have been able to resolve with customer support. Others I found were things that are not possible.

Although Liquid Planner is set up great for tracking time for projects it doesn't work well for projects that are firm fixed priced. Most of the projects we work on here are firm fixed priced. I am aware of the baseline feature, but frankly it just isn't very good, nor are the graphs for tracking to plan.

There are a few other things that I'm not remembering at the moment.

Aaron

LP - Aaron

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

We implemented this software three years ago as our project management solution for the department. We do instructional design in the higher Ed space

Pros

I like the predictive functionality, ease of commenting with email notifications, and the analytics tab. Makes it easy to allocate department resources and understand at a glance where bottlenecks exist.

Cons

I would like to have more custom fields.

I would like a filter that allows me to view all of the projects that I own regardless of who owns the tasks. It’s hard for me to only see *only* the projects that I own because i’m on at least one task within every project of the department so every project shows up.

It would also be great to have the ability to set certain tasks, for example ones with zero expected effort allocated, to be impervious to flames. Those are basically check boxes, reminders. We like having people assigned but we don’t like the fact that they can flame entire projects predictively.

It would be great to have a view on the projects tab or the person tab that is a simple line graph showing expected/past effort/hours logged by day, by month etc: hours on the Y axis and days/months on the X axis.

Extremely Robust Project Management Software

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

We use LiquidPlanner for managing virtually everything within our business. From internal tasks to external client tasks. We even manage volunteer hours and PTO scheduling within LiquidPlanner, and we export all of our LP data into our accounting software for billing and invoicing. It's basically the backbone of our organization.

Pros

LiquidPlanner makes tracking multiple large, complex projects possible and easy (after the initial learning curve).

It provides fully customizable dashboards that can be set up per project or per user (or both) and robust reporting. It also allows you to get a good view of what's coming up in relation to how much bandwidth each user has to manage it, as well as how the team's bandwidth affects the project/task expected completion date.

It just has SO MUCH!!!

Cons

It has a fairly steep learning curve. Our team has been using LiquidPlanner for over 4 years and we are still learning various nuances of the platform or better implementations. Also, the UI could use a serious update and it's not at all mobile-friendly (the mobile app is also a joke). But none of that would deter us from using it because it provides so much value that we haven't been able to find in any other system.

Ben

Expensive, complex, and extremely powerful.

Reviewed on 31/03/2018

Pros

LiquidPlanner is quite customizable with different ways to view tasks and many different screens to visualize things in alternative contexts. For a project manager on the business side, it allows for very powerful organization of multiple projects and teams, and many possibilities for scheduling and prioritizing tasks. It allows for flexible time tracking using range estimates and a simple time entry view.

Cons

It's easy to lose track of how many hours were actually approved for a task if you want to take advantage of the ability to re-estimate things on the fly. It can be slow to load and cumbersome to use. It can be difficult to find things in the overly complex Projects view. Search filters get reset every time you click a task link from someone else that doesn't match your existing filters. It's not always intuitive how to find things using the available search options (for example, unless you put the project name in every task title, searching for the project name doesn't do much good). Time entry takes a lot of clicks with recent updates if you need to add notes to each item. The API is complex to use (though powerful).

Chris

Great for PM/OPs, bad for Devs & Creatives

Reviewed on 09/03/2017

I love it, however, our devs and creatives find it frustrating to use despite large amounts of training and personalisation. There are a number of tools that would make this more helpful and less painful to the "doers".

Our business needs are well met, though there are other aspects that don't accomplish our requirements. Kanban, for example, as well as cross-team/project sprint planning whilst maintaining a weekly outlook.

Finally, with the latest price hikes it doesn't feel "good value" and I'm now faced with justifying the expense when before it was self explanatory. This is compounded by exchange rates.

Pros

I have recommended.
I like the meld of planning and projection.
I love the hi/lo estimations and the detail I can provide clients

Cons

Useability for doers, especially timesheets
Lack of integrations with SCM.
Poor connectivity/communication for my clients; their portals don't show custom fields, board views or timelines for tickets/tasks.
True Kanban is not feasible
Sprint-based planning for cross-team/project resource is not possible alongside weekly overviews
A desktop app would be great; especially for devs etc
The mobile app hasn't changed since we started using this in 2012 and is highly impractical.
Doesn't work well on ipads