Diego C.

• Customer Support Software

ONLYOFFICE is definitely the way to go when you need to implement an online document...

Reviewed on 06/07/2018

As a user my entire company (and possibly our clients) get a great user experience very close to the Microsoft suite it's inspired to, but online and with the possibility to install the whole thing on your own servers.

Also document format compatibility looks really great (we did some quick tests and it's really impressive).

Finally, being open source, enables even more opportunities, from deeper integrations to forking to implement any wild idea but within an Office- or Google-like code base.

Pros

My company was in search for an online document editing experience (similar to Google Docs) but with the option to install it on our own premises.

Apart from online LibreOffice (which is definitely a cool technical idea but really too heavy, with a debatable user experience and some weird limitations), there was nothing to be found out there.

Then by pure chance I stumbled upon ONLYOFFICE and magically our problem was solved!

After a few hours of poking around with a few lines of code, I had my prototype up and running, and people in the company really impressed with it!

Cons

Well honestly it's hard to find anything wrong with this product, but if I need to, I would point out some complexity in the setup and also some gaps in the documentation (again from a technical standpoint).

Also I found it after hours of research on the Internet, so maybe it would be great to invest in marketing as well (not only ads I mean).

Finally (and I'm not sure this is a real shortcoming), business professionals that are proficient with e.g. Microsoft Excel keep asking for more Excel-like features to be implemented in ONLYOFFICE (because they really like the product).

Helen S.

• Customer Support Software

Impressive web office & online document processing

Reviewed on 30/06/2016

After a month of using ONLYOFFICE I've decided to drop a line about what it is. ONLYOFFICE is a neatly organized web office suite for corporate communication. It contains a usable project management system with all necessary tools including Gantt Chart, and a convenient CRM. In general, it allows you to have your entire office in the cloud with a diverse range of facilities making communication between team members fast and productive, which is a key factor for companies like ours.

The point that I should surely touch upon is amazing document editors. If you haven't tried online document editors you would be totally impressed. If you have already worked with any of them, those from ONLYOFFICE would turn your life upside down. They are as functional, handy and reliable as desktop MS Office or LibreOffice, but they work online. Your documents are always available for editing and sharing at corporate portal, or in IOS App. Document editors have rich capabilities for reviewing and co-editing in different modes: Fast - shows changes in real time for collaborators and Strict - only after changes were saved. Moreover, you may drop files to a favorite cloud storage Google Drive, DropBox, OneDrive or any other right from your portal.

Pros

A wide range of facilities for business needs, handy feature-rich online document editors, mail client integrated with calendar and CRM.

Cons

Unfortunately for IOS only document editors are available. If I want to l look through my CRM contacts I need to use a browser apart from application.

• Industry: Financial Services Software

I use it every day

Reviewed on 11/07/2018

I keep my personal spreadsheet files with OpenOffice and it allows me to access them from anywhere. Very useful.

Pros

Great products, well designed and maintained. Very easy to access from anywhere. It has marginally improved in the last 1-2 years, now it's a simple pleasure to use.

Cons

I reckon the pricing structure should be looked into, it needs to be more flexible, Maybe to allow different user levels.

Stan D.

Really like it

Reviewed on 10/07/2018

Free (for small numbers) good use of MS products, VERY user friendly, and more.

Pros

The layout is very user friendly and easy to navigate. It links to all of my online data storage sites (Google, Dropbox, MS, etc.) as thought they are all one on a computer.
I travel a lot and take only a google-based tablet with me. OnlyOffice allows me to open any MS Office doc and deal with it as though I had the whole suite with me. It has a few shortcomings, but the benefits are wonderful

Cons

It's a little slow in opening and managing files. It doesn't have all of MS Office's functions and capabilities (nore, by the way, does MS's own, online, apps). But for "ordinary" reading and editing of docs, it can't be beat.

Rabi B.

Exceptional and helpful

Reviewed on 07/09/2018

Cheaper compared to competitors. Comes handly to deal with all office utilities. Must have software for official and personal purpose

Pros

Its a superb tool with caters to almost every office utility. UI and ease of use is way better than competitors.

Cons

Might not be as popular as other office tools inspite of being so much better than the rest. Better advertisiment and marketing needs to be done to reach as many tech savy customers as possible

Gilad E.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Participating in forums meeting and global working groups.

Reviewed on 11/05/2018

Promoting issues globally among different participants

Pros

A great management option for remote location offices and individuals, it is very good in sharing, editing and managing projects, including a wide support of variety document types.

Cons

I would say the product does not always gives an accurate status using the overview only, sometimes we have to dig a lot in order to receive a small piece of information, also additional logging for administrators/users actions is less available.

Dr muhammad S.

Can easily replace MS Word

Reviewed on 11/07/2018

It enables me host my entire "office" files in the cloud, access & edit them from anywhere and still suffer no distortions of outline or formating when someone else or myself use the files in desktop software. That keeps me free from many worries.

Pros

Compatible & interchangeable with MS Word.
Preserves document outlines, formatings, tables, etc more perfectly than Word Online or Google Docs.
Familiar interface.
Integrates with different cloud storages.

Cons

Its spreadsheet & presentation packages are too basic. They can't in any way take the place of corresponding MS or Google packages. It doesn't integrate with cloud printing or printing to any printer for that matter. You've to download the file (as doc or pdf) & print through corresponding software.

Nuno C.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

PRODUCTIVITY WHEREVER WE ARE AND WE GO

Reviewed on 07/09/2018

SIGNING DOCUMENTS, EDITING MISTAKES ON THE GO AND PRODUCING PDFS FROM DOCUMENTS.

Pros

- ACCESS ALL THE FUNCTIONALITIES FROM COMPLEX DESKTOP SOFTWARES
- ALLOWS TO SOLVE ON THE GO THE MOST COMPLEX PROBLEMS
- EASY TO USE INTERFACE

Cons

- SOMETIMES THE OPTIONS ARE NOT CLEAR TO CHOSE
- THE INTERFACE SHOULD BE DESIGNED NEXT TO OFFICE AND OTHER MAJOR DESKTOP PRODUCIVITY SUITES

Dawn C.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Openoffice

Reviewed on 07/09/2018

Pros

I operate a home-based jewelry making business and I use OpenOffice to keep things running smoothly. The things I like most are the spreadsheet and draw features. I use spreadsheets to keep track of finances and inventory. But my favorite feature is draw, I love to just play around with this when I have ideas for new products.

Cons

I like so many features of OpenOffice but I have had a couple instances of formatting issues when using this software to create word documents. I don't create word docs at all here anymore because when you are starting a business it is essential for everything to look professional.

Olga S.
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

• Customer Support Software

I like the product - it meets all our needs

Reviewed on 26/01/2017

Our company has used the product for several months and we are very satisfied with it. We recommended it to our partners and they like the product too.

Pros

Good support, enough sets of tools and user-friendly interface

Cons

I think they should have more flexible pricing policy

Leann M.

OnlyOffice Review

Reviewed on 07/09/2018

I use ONLYOFFICE to create my series of books. Can't imagine writing without it.

Pros

Extremely user-friendly and helpful. Great functional features.

Cons

No negatives that I am aware of. ALL positive experiences.

• Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

The cheap alternative for our company

Reviewed on 07/09/2018

Before purchasing onlyoffice we've had been using MS office 2003 which is really bad. i wanted to switch the entire company to office 365 but my boss told me that is was way to expensive (and he was right).

Pros

very cost effective alternative to ms office 365 (we chose the enterprise up to 50 people offer)

Cons

compatibility with the newer X files is still off in the sense that the layout of a document can get screwed up a little when someone opens it in MS office.
There has been a learning curve for some of our employees but that might just be because we're coming from office 2003

Benjamin L.

Great Software/Add-on!

Reviewed on 07/09/2018

I can easily create and send files that I need on the go. I would recommend it to all of my colleagues!

Pros

Its free and works great!! Everyone should try it!

Cons

No cons on my end! Honestly though, no cons...

James F.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Productivity and organization at a great cost.

Reviewed on 07/09/2018

Pros

What I like best about this software is the ease of use and clean interface. My files are neatly organized and I do not need to search for what I need. Crisp clean interface without all the clutter. Ther files load quickly

Cons

I did not find anything negative with this software.

Rosana S.

• Customer Support Software

I use a lot and like very much. It´s easier to use the possibilities that it offers us

Reviewed on 10/07/2018

Pros

it seems the other editors, than when you begin to use it´s easy. After you work with it you learn very quick the news operators that the product has,

Cons

it´s slow to open in comparation with other editors. I imagine you can resolve this problem. It´s only cons that I found.

The only office for every cloud

Reviewed on 09/10/2018

Pros

I love that there is both a desktop version and a Web-based version, and that they work together as well as with EVERY major cloud storage service.

Cons

I occasionally run into compatibility issues with Office document formats, but these issues are common with all MS Office alternatives, and can be worked-around.

Jessica P.

Onlyoffice Review

Reviewed on 07/09/2018

Pros

I am able to edit documents that I need to share with others.

Cons

The usability of the program, the formatting had a bit to be desired

Kevin K.

Pleasantly surprised

Reviewed on 22/10/2019

I like how fast and easy it is to pick up where you left off and to find what you were working on from any computer anytime.

Pros

I like that it is very easy to start using and to learn, and the more that I use it, the more I am both impressed and liking it.

Cons

I haven't found any cons yet. Maybe space limitations....if I had to pick something....

Amanda S.
  • Industry: Accounting Software
  • Used Other for 2+ years

OnlyOffice Review

Reviewed on 07/09/2018

Pros

Comparable to MS products. Very easy to use and convenient. Easy to save to google drive.

Cons

Not intended for advanced user use in excel.

• Industry: Research

• Customer Support Software

I found ONLYOFFICE while in search of a Microsoft Word alternative. It was pleasantly...

Reviewed on 10/07/2018

Pros

Works. Easy to use. Compatible with MS Word docs so that other people can read what I send them and vice versa.

Cons

Sometimes a little slow to load. That may or may not be because I have a lot of programs running. No real complaints, though.

Svitlana C.

Amazing app

Reviewed on 13/09/2018

Sync calendars are very useful as it allows me to plan my meetings.

Pros

Most of all I like that I can plan and monitore all my tasks and emails from one place, and it's in my native language, Ukrainian.

Cons

When I first started using it the interface seemed not very user friendly, but I easily got used to it in a short time. I guess it just my personal thing with technology.

Michail S.

Quality software

Reviewed on 30/08/2018

Pros

I like that onlyoffice has Linux client. Also, I like that all documents open in one client window. It is fast and minimal.

Cons

It is different from ms office so you need a little time to learn it.

Ben A.

Would definitely recommend

Reviewed on 10/09/2018

In the past I used primarily Microsoft but it's expensive cost meant setting up new computers very pricey.
Onlyoffice on the other hand is much cheaper but in no means does this lower cost affect its quality with a great user experience

Pros

Very easy to use with a good layout and design.
It also I'd cheaper than other alternatives

Cons

Cloud storage could do with improvements

Carolyn J.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Survey

Reviewed on 11/09/2018

Pros

Ease of access to documents
Ease of access to customer support

Cons

The price is kinda high, not affordable al all

Sabrina K.

my review

Reviewed on 06/10/2018

very good

Pros

great platform and well designed software

Cons

slow and laggy sometimes, could have had more templates