Zendesk Sell

All-in-one sales platform for sales teams.

4.3 /5 (126 reviews) Write a Review!
4.3
4.1
4.4
4.1
Industry: Marketing & Advertising
Company size: Self Employed

I Love This CRM!

Reviewed on 08/04/2020

Pros

I have used this CRM for 5+ years now and have tried a lot of other CRM's over the years and keep coming back to this. Its simple, easy to use, the layout makes sense for how a relationship progresses over time, it integrates into a lot of other software. I just love this in every way.

Cons

I honestly have no cons with Zendesk Sell. I love this software.

Daniel W.
Industry: Real Estate

Very streamlined and efficient, user-friendly and easy to customize, great customer service.

Reviewed on 11/01/2018

Base made it easy for me to customize a CRM to exactly my needs, as well as bring all the functions of my business - from calls and emails to tracking deals and closings - into one place.

Pros

I'm in the real estate field and I've used maybe a dozen different CRMs over the years, both for myself and at different companies. I've worked in Salesforce, Top Producer, and CINC extensively. I found Base on accident while I was trying out a handful of new CRMs to kick off a new independent venture, and it's easily the best one. It automatically logs a huge number of my activities so I don't have to take notes, includes a built-in phone system so I can make all calls through my computer quickly (and automatically track them), and it's really intuitive and easy to customize. Funny enough, I think one of their smartest "features" is that they give you a 30-day free trial on a full-service version of the software up front. Because it's a really intuitive system, getting a chance to click around in the CRM and test out how I would set it up made it clear quickly it was going to be an excellent option. PS - the customer service is fantastic. I'm admittedly a bit of a high-maintenance client, and they always respond quickly and with clear answers.

Cons

There are a few places here and there in the Base CRM that are missing small features - for example, there's currently no "Previous Lead" or "Next Lead" button on each lead page, you just have to go back to your lead list (similar to Salesforce). That said, none of these little features have slowed me down any, and they are extremely receptive to feature feedbacks and requests - based on their responses I'm confident that this CRM is just going to continue getting better as they continue adjusting to client feedback and ideas.

Jessica R.
Industry: Construction

Base Crm

Reviewed on 02/02/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

The base is a great client tracking software. Offering high-level reporting, whole team call, and email monitoring, and a very good integrated mobile app Base gets the job done for keeping track of your internal communications.

Pros

The mobile app syncs with each team member's phone and creates activity reports for each client. At any given moment you can check to monitor all communications, email, and calls sent to each client by your team. The activity stream allows the admin to monitor all communications for each team member in one place and creates a log to archive client interaction historically.

Cons

Base CRM works with a 3rd party quoting software integration. Which can be confusing during the transition with your team. The third party does offer email tracking to see if the clients are opening the emails and the actual proposal allows clients to choose from a selection of optional items that auto calculates into the final total as they decide which work to complete out of a list.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Harry S.

Goof value, great service

Reviewed on 19/12/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Overall good product, with some small drawbacks.

Pros

The best aspect of this product is its flexibility and cross functional uses. I am able to manage from a sales operations standpoint and all of the reps are able to track and log from their mobile devices. The ability to customize the funnel stages is also critical to the way my company uses Base and makes our entire sales team far more efficient.

Cons

There are some drawbacks in the analytics side of Base CRM. I do not always have the ability to procure the reports that I need and must accomplish them in the excel outputs. It is a manual process but only for the folks doing a deeper dive into the analysis.

Susan W.
Industry: Wholesale

improving now that it is merged with zendesk

Reviewed on 18/01/2019

in the past it was a love hate relationship. Now that they are merged with Zendesk it is getting much more positive.

Pros

cost effective way to do customer management

Cons

features difficult to use or we don't even know they exist without a lot of digging. Changes are never announced in a way where we know what new features are launching

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Industry: Computer Software

Base CRM is an awesome enterprise CRM and personal productivity tool

Reviewed on 20/03/2018

Pros

Automatic email, call, and text tracking, great full-featured mobile app, powerful and super intuitive web interface.

Cons

Lack of out of the box integrations compared to less user-friendly tools like Salesforce or Zoho, additional products from Base (reach prospecting / apollo) that extend functionality only available to larger teams

Alan S.
Industry: Computer Software

Helps my sales team to manage prospects

Reviewed on 28/02/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Base CRM has been helpful for my sales team to manage the prospects. It helps the team to be accountable and they understand the status of the prospects and the next step to perform with them.

Cons

Deals can be created with the prospects and the tasks can be assigned to the sales team via this CRM. Helps with visual statistics.

Jerry T.
Industry: Computer Software

Great starter CRM for our start-up company

Reviewed on 26/03/2015
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The simplicity of Base help us move from clunky Excel/Word tracking systems into a straightforward CRM system with ease and at a relatively low expense. This was the first CRM we used when we were just ramping up our sales efforts for our start-up company.

Cons

At the time, Base served our needs very well, so I don't have a "like least" comment.

Daniel B.

easy to use

Reviewed on 09/01/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

fast interfase with easy access to contact and deals with just a few clicks and the ability to send and receive messages

Cons

Does not support email integration similar to constant contact or mailchimp or social media interaction features

Allison J.
Company size: Self Employed

Base

Reviewed on 23/02/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

It's find does the basics but I do not like that I can do much customization with the pipeline and in order to do so I have to upgrade. Same with reports, I can't pull any more data without upgrading.

Pros

Its easy of use, UXI

Cons

not being able to pull reports without upgrading, paying more money
customizing pipeline beyond the basics.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Great for first time use of a CRM

Reviewed on 18/11/2017

Pros

voip is integrated without having to figure out some third party way of making calls, tracking the data, and recording them.

Cons

improved organization with client management. we were using excel prior and it is clunky for this purpose

Sandro L.

Visual and easy to use

Reviewed on 14/01/2016
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

UI very simple that makes easy to use for c-level manager. Reactive in the feedback when asked.

Cons

Email sender tool can be integrated in a better way, you can't answer email in a super easy way.

Konstantin E.
Industry: Photography

Reviewed on 19/02/2016

Steve J.

How it works

Reviewed on 06/04/2017

Crm is ok to use but the support is slow and sometimes make you call tech support. WOULD LIKE IT TO BE EASIER TO USE

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Base is a decent CRM

Used Other for Free Trial
Reviewed on 12/01/2018

Pros

Base has helped motivate me. It makes making calls fun because you can see your goals and your progress toward them.

Cons

It's a young company so there are some glitches/kinks still being worked out which is understandable

Likelihood to recommend: 4.0/10

Industry: Events Services
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Former User, Would use again

Reviewed on 30/10/2018

I think I well described it above but it was always positive. I loved connectivity through different regions with closers and it truly made scheduling easier.

Pros

We used base software when setting leads for Solar appointments. There was a really nice connectivity between me and the closers when I was using base. I love the idea that I can put notes on homes and have connectivity that I normally would not have had when we were using the paper method we used to use. I can slip appointments in between already scheduled appointments, just a solid product overall.

Cons

In relation to sales rabbit and other sales softwares, I loved the ability to see homes more clearly, I thought that was one thing I didn't have as much with base, it was still better in other ways though that outweighed the pros that sales rabbit brought. I would take this still over any other sales appointment software and calendaring out there.

Christopher L.
Industry: Education Management

Very friendly UI, great software and can be customized

Reviewed on 18/07/2019

Pros

Zendesk sell have been one of the best CRM software that I have tested and used in the past. It has very friendly UI and can be customized to your liking. The best part that i liked about Zendesk sell was that it was able to be linked with microsoft office which allowed connection to emails and calendars (sync and will remind you if you have a reminder placed). It also can be implemented onto mobiles which is useful at times and from experience, the mobile app is superb. No issues whatsoever with the mobile app and doesn't lack the functions it have on a desktop. Pricing for this product is very affordable for what its got to offer. Overall this product is great and I do highly recommend it to others.

Cons

The only thing that I dislike about this software is that it takes a long time to load up compared to other similar softwares.

Margaret S.

BASE

Reviewed on 07/09/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

It's easy to use. You can sync on mobile devices and desktop computer. It's great for groups and team work. Base works very well on a mobile phone, in my case an iPhone. It's very easy to navigate between the dashboard, to the leads, contacts deals tasks calendars and reports. you can even enter your email setting to save every email in the system regardless of where you send it from. Even when emailing from your computer software like Outlook or Mail, Base will grab this email and include it in your Base database.

Cons

Google apps sync is really bad, users all over the world complain about the very poor solution it

Anthony Z.
Industry: Real Estate
Company size: 10,000+ Employees

Great Tool for Keeping All Your Clients Together

Reviewed on 01/05/2017

Pros

Really comprehensive. I found myself adding things to client profiles, interactions, and deals just to fill in and use all the features!

Really fantastic for keeping everything related to a client and their deals organized.

Cons

Some things are too specific and didn't fit perfectly with my work flow or type of business.

The Client Space, while a fantastic idea, needs work. It's a bit user unfriendly on the client side. Also, it's pretty ugly which is a shame since the rest of Base looks so good.

Excellent CRM

Reviewed on 22/11/2017

Pros

This product was the 4th CRM our company tried before we found the customization we were looking for. This program currently manages customer contacts and all job information for 7 different construction supply companies under our umbrella. We couldn't be happier!

Cons

They will customize A LOT...However, some things they just aren't willing to change. I understand, but it can be a little disappointing.

Trinity R.
Industry: Utilities

Good for product based sales, but not so much for services

Reviewed on 06/07/2016
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

It has a user-friendly interface with a good number of tutorials and webinars to help you learn the ins and outs of Base.

Cons

It is still growing to meet the needs of clients that have very specific needs with more customization. It also isn't designed for a service that has recurring monthly payments and service offerings. For example, Base itself has three paid levels. To organize a pipeline for those sales, you would either have to recreate a deal every month, or leave them in the pipeline forever. Neither of those is a great option, and the reporting features are rather useless when the latter option (which we do) is used. Since they never truly "close," since they are recurring, and even a lower level service commitment is still a revenue generator for us, the reports cannot give helpful information.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

'rowdie' mitch G.

Really great CRM, more than I needed and more pricy than I was looking for.

Reviewed on 03/04/2018

Simple CRM, really nice app. Enjoyed using it while I did, just found a less cost solution that did what I needed.

Pros

I really liked the contact management and deals management. The reporting was amazing and it was very customizable. The integrated voice option was very nice too. UX design was great too.

Cons

I wasn't in love with switching between screens all day long. It also did have a learning curve and my employees didn't like it. Lastly, it was more money than I was looking to spend per seat.

Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Easy to Use CRM

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 11/09/2017

Pros

Very intuitive and easy to use for keeping your list of contacts organized during the entire sales process.

Cons

The Gmail integration currently only works with your username as email, but not aliases.

Tasks could be integrated with Outlook calendar to get calendar prompts instead of email prompts.