5,481 reviews

QuickBooks Time

Time Tracking App for Simple and Accurate Payroll

4.7 /5 (5481 reviews) Write a Review!

5,481 reviews
Chad G.
  • Industry: Machinery

EASY

Reviewed on 09/02/2021

Very very good, it does exactly what we need and more. We are very happy with the entire system.

Pros

This software has such an easy interface, it was very easy to deploy even to our less than technology-savvy employees. Our roll-out took less than 30 days to have all employees entering their time and requesting PTO.

Cons

NONE! We love this software. The reporting is great, and we are able to look at the time for each project.

• Industry: Arts & Crafts

Good bones

Reviewed on 24/11/2020

Overall good for general timekeeping, but a little clunky when switching between jobs.

Pros

Fast and Easy to set up employees. Generally, scheduling and notifying employees of shifts and changes is easy.

Cons

Employees did not find it intuitive. Management set up Quickbooks after TSheets without checking, and lots of information was lost in the transition. This is more of a failure of staff than the product, but is something that should not be dismissed.

I was in charge of several non-native english speakers, so it would be nice if there were other languages available.

Justin M.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

• Customer Support Software

Solid timeclock solution that meets all needs

Reviewed on 06/08/2019

Pros

- Clocking in/out can be done through app, web, and optionally sms.
- GPS tracking of clock-ins
- Integration with Gusto and Xero for invoice and employee automation/imports/exports
- Can assign Xero invoice item to a specific customer for billing
- Accurate time syncing
- Easy to use and free flowing interface
- Billing price is moderately sustainable
- Several addons to extend the functionality

Cons

- Cannot clock in to two jobs at once, must switch or input job duration
- Minimum base charge + per employee cost. Could be a little bit cheaper for cost effective business.
- Unable to round up total time for the day to the nearest X minutes (not referring to clock in/out times)

• Industry: Paper & Forest Products

Great Handy App for Timesheets

Reviewed on 21/07/2019

TSheets is helping me to accurately record staff work timings and also create schedules for everyone. The app system works seamlessly for everyone and saves a lot of unnecessary time otherwise wasted due to poor coordination. The customer service behind the app is also prefect!

Pros

The features of TSheets are easy to use both by my staff and me, easy clock in and outs without using the clunky softwares which saves a lot of time. The mobile app features makes it easier to accurately record times and make few mistakes or miss-outs.

Cons

The customer service is on point and very friendly which is a huge plus for me, so I don't have anything I dislike about TSheets.

Melody E.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Easy to track & submit hours worked! TSheets can even be used as a schedule!

Reviewed on 04/03/2020

This has been a great program that our business has used to track hours worked for payroll. We have multiple offices accross several counties and it's nice to have a central place that all of the hours are entered and available for HR to do payroll. Our company has also used this program as a schedule for our support staff and it's been very helpful to able to reference who is in what office so you know who to contact when you need to speak to a specific office.

Pros

TSheets has some flexibility in how you enter in your hours worked - they can be entered manually or by clocking in and out on the website. There is also a phone app for this program, so if you're on the go then this makes it easy to still track your hours or clock in/out. In addition, when you enter hours or clock in you have the ability to choose what "job" this was for. This is especially in tracking expenses for specific projects, jobs or offices. In addition, TSheets has a Schedule function. You are able to enter a schedule for all employees using the program and can specify what "job" the time is used for on the schedule.

Cons

When I use TSheets, I open up the website and just leave the browser up sometimes for weeks at a time. The only issue I've found is that when I do that, the schedule and/or time entries do not update to the next week automatically. It has to be done manually as it will continue to show the original week until "told" to change. It does work fine if you log out though. This is a specific problem for if you leave the browser open. This isn't really a big deal - it's easy enough to either click to the next week or just log out & log back in. It just surprised me though that it didn't auto-update when the week changed.

Joanne H.

T Sheets is awesome

Reviewed on 25/09/2019

Pros

I love the easy of access the most. I can access from anywhere. I can assist clients when I'm out and about, I don't have to be stuck in the office all day. Job cost made easy. Reports are fabulous.
Your Support staff are all great. Customer service rep helped me today and of course once again,

Cons

um, Hmm. I'll have to get back to you on this one.

William M.

• Customer Support Software

Why didn't I do T-Sheets sooner!!!

Reviewed on 05/01/2017

MMI is a Small Subcontractor, with 10 employees and growing.
We use T-Sheets for our employee's time card program which are linked to our QuickBooks. With a hit of a button T-sheets and QuickBooks are synced, which makes time entry, time verification, job reporting, so much easier.
T-Sheets is so easy to use for the employee and employer. Customer support is right there via chat or after hours you are able to send an email and usually before I get into work I have my answer. I am a Penney pitcher and the cost is well worth it. We don't use the calendar option due to it doesn't fit our needs it is on the basic side and we need a more complex layout because we use our calendar as a work ticket for our installers and this is why we only put 4 stars on features. All in all, we/ I am very happy with T-Sheets :)

Pros

MMI is a Small Subcontractor, with 10 employees and growing.
We use T-Sheets for our employee's time card program which is linked to our QuickBooks. With a hit of a button T-sheets and QuickBooks are synced, which makes time entry, time verification, job reporting, so much easier.
T-Sheets is so easy to use for the employee and employer. Customer support is right there via chat or after hours you're able to send an email and usually before I get into work I have my answer. I am a Penney pitcher and the cost is well worth it. We don't use the calendar option due to it doesn't fit our needs it is on the basic side and we need a more complex layout because we use our calendar as a work ticket for our installers and this is why we only put 4 stars on features. All in all, we/ I am very happy with T-Sheets

Cons

We don't use the calendar option due to it doesn't fit our needs it is on the basic side and we need a more complex layout because we use our calendar as a work ticket for our installers and this is why we only put 4 stars on features. All in all we/ I am very happy with T-Sheets

Tawnya K.

Awesome Support

Reviewed on 15/02/2019

I could KISS YOU!

Pros

5 stars to the team, Support is quick to respond and always has a solution. The team went the extra mile today to help with multiple issues... not just the one that was the initial reason for my request for his call. I like that he listened to me, instead of being too ready to jump in there with a PAT answer. We started using Tsheets because we were having a problem with trust in the office and were eager to get off the paper way of time management. TShseets has been wonderful managing the complexities of everyone's schedule and allowing me to do reports on any facet of it for auditing. Love too that the transition from TSheets to Quickbooks desktop is seamless, yet still in my control.

Cons

I know that the nature of web browsers (and the many versions that your customers may have) and programming are always a challenge. My son is a developer/programmer for his own company... which is how I learned. However, with all the Apple OSX users out there you should really try harder not to discount it and try to shove us over onto Chrome. For one I HATE Chrome and I prefer to use the browser that my computer comes with just because I have a higher level of trust in Apple. I saw your notice that your software works better on 3 other web browsers... but it is a long time that Safari is added to the list. ANOTHER thing... there is a problem with some of the windows not sizing correctly and landing under the scroll bar making it difficult to click the X to close out a window. It would be extra nice IF you could make those windows ALL sizable, and draggable. Thank you

Claudia R.

• Customer Support Software

The best time tracking app

Reviewed on 21/09/2015

TSheets has made our client's payroll process so much easier and much faster. Something that used to take over two hours now takes about forty-five minutes. There are a lot of things to consider when setting up the account, such as the payroll item, service item, employee permissions, QuickBooks sync, etc. It can be a little time consuming, but once that's done you never have to go back to it. The mobile app is intuitive and very easy to use for employees. It takes a few minutes to teach them how to clock in and out. Our client uses Intuit Payroll, which TSheets syncs with. All the time data that appears in TSheets sync pretty quickly with QuickBooks Desktop and from there it's just a matter of creating the paychecks.

Pros

It very easy to use. The approval process is very quick and if management needs to edit an employees time, they can do it straight from the approval screen without having to close out of anything or refresh the page. There's a manual time sheet as well in case you need to record time for an employee that doesn't have the app on their phone or forgot to clock in. Employees have the ability to make notes to management on their time sheets. TSheets has great customer service. They reply to emails very quickly and stay with you until the problem is solved. They have a special plan called Flex Force, which we use and only charges for the employees that log time for the month. This is perfect for our client since not all of their employees work in a month.

Cons

The only thing that's problematic is that currently TSheets sync with QuickBooks Desktop using the Intuit Sync Manager, which isn't very fast and can be buggy. We've had some errors in the past and the sync has to be done using the same computer every time or else we have to reset the sync data. I believe that since Intuit is discontinuing the sync manager, they'll have another solution soon. That would be great because it's our only problem and it's not about the actual product, which we love.

Susan S.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Excellent App!

Reviewed on 25/10/2019

Love Tsheets quick, professional and friendly customer service! So nice to be able to actually speak with someone if I need to!

Pros

Tsheets makes it easy for my employees to clock in and out of client sites and also makes it easy for me to bill / invoice my clients and run payroll. And their customer service is top notch! Rep joined me very quickly on a Chat today and easily helped me to solve my payroll "challenge" that was really not a challenge at all - just a step I forgot to do. Great service!

Cons

I am eagerly awaiting the day when Tsheets allows my employees to request "Unpaid" time off. My staff are all part-time and I currently have to use a different app for them to notify me when they are NOT available to work. I have to keep a written calendar showing when they are not available so that I can schedule client jobs. I really need Tsheets to offer this function and I know they are working on it.

The best I found for IT consultants

Reviewed on 30/09/2019

We like TSheets - tried a dozen other apps a few years back and it works and price is right for a small business. SUpport good but they never take on feedback or ideas - they give it lip-service but nothing ever gets developed from ideas - no idea pool or formal "wish list" or feature request system

Pros

Web based, works well with QBO, good app both ios and android. As IT consultants it does allow us to log all our interactions with clients (onsite or remote) and charge each a certain rate (various service items for each rate)

Cons

no native ipad app , cant overlap times, can start jobs in future, cant end jobs in future (eg round updown) - we work on many jobs at once, we realise you need security to stop staff form getting mixed up, but we own our company so we should be allowed to set start/stop times as we wish - make is an option for power users. QBO Does not bring in the START/STOP times into the invoice (it puts them into QBO but QBO does not put it into the decription field - need option to add start /stop times into description) We like to show our clients our start/stop times and have to manually put them into decriptions

David K.
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

ONLY Time Tracking Software I will Use

Reviewed on 30/07/2019

Wasted 5 weeks trying to set up Paychex Flex Time just because they do our payroll. Finally gave up and went back to TSheets (only left because I sold previous company). Literally had TSheets set up for the entire company within 7 minutes. Even my employees love the ease of use.

Pros

EVERYTHING! Ease of set up. Ease of use. EXCELLENT customer service.

Cons

There is Nothing that I don't like about TSheets.

Melanie B.
  • Industry: Renewables & Environment

It Gets the Job Done

Reviewed on 20/03/2020

I like the product. It tracks employees time, allows you to track their location, you can easily run reports based on jobs, pay period, employee, etc. The price is economical. I believe there are probably more features than I am aware of because they are not easily discovered.

Pros

I appreciate the location tracking and ease for my employees of clocking in from their phone. I like that I can see who is clocked in at a glance of my screen.

Cons

There are some issues with the time tracking being reliable. My employees often report that they have been clocked out by the app and also the auto clocking back in after a lunch break sometimes works and sometimes does not throwing off their time sheet.

Raymond Y.

• Customer Support Software

Love it, some technical issues to be resolved

Reviewed on 17/07/2019

The Rep has always been helpful, they help me look for information

Pros

Payroll Report works with excel
Real time update of Job Code. I don't need to send the updated timesheet to everyone.
PTO is calculated and displayed for Employees to select
Job Codes are individualized
Able to enter employee time on their behalf
Able to copy jobs from previous week.
TSheets sends out reminder.
Has a complete list of employee to track down who submitted their timesheets.
Eliminated the need to create new sets of timesheets every year.

Cons

I want to be able to view all the employees and what job code are available.
I want to force users to enter PTO in blocks of 1 hour, not 30 minutes or 15 Minutes.
Job Codes disappear from timesheets if there is 0 hours for that week. I want them to stay on the sheet even if there is 0 hours so that I do not have to retrain my timesheet entry habits.
Employee cannot submit their timesheet if they forget to clock-in or clock out on their phone, I want admin rights to remove that option when inviting employees to use TSheets.
Holiday hours are difficult to assign in multi-user mode. i would like to see who will be affected if I enter the Holiday hours.
Would like to be able to sync with Excel (Like Smartsheet Live Data Connector)

Rick Z.

Customer Service

Reviewed on 25/09/2019

Substantiation for time spent with our Clients

Pros

Customer Service - when you have a question, you're able to reach customer support by chat or telephone QUICKLY and obtain your answer. Customer service helped me today on reporting, understood my issue, and was able to provide me the solution.

Cons

Could have a few more options for exporting information. This is minor, but should have an automatic option to run semi-monthly period, the current month, prior month and YTD without having to select the dates as "custom" on their menus.

Ashley V.

• Customer Support Software

Good option for small company with multiple jobsites

Reviewed on 30/08/2019

The customer support with TSheets has been great. My reps and the rest of the reps have been responsive. I ask a lot of questions so that I get the most out of the software, and everyone has taken the time to answer them all.

Pros

There are several great features with this software. The app is user friendly for the field crew, we can track multiple jobsites, if someone makes an error or forgets to clock out, the mapping tool helps us make an accurate correction to their time. The sync with Quickbooks is easy and speeds up payroll processing.

Cons

It would be easier if a job name or task would pop up as you start typing it. Instead you have to start with the drop down menu each time. The automatic break feature is good except it breaks the task into 2 line items. It can make things really long on the pay stub since we work on multiple jobsites with multiple rates. It can be a little cumbersome to add time for employees that didn't sync correctly or they forgot to clock in.

Don B.

TSheets Saves Access Technology Group, Inc Time and Money

Reviewed on 02/04/2020

Since day one working with the TSheets employees has been a joy. They are always friendly and completely knowledgeable about the product. They never put you on hold to go find out an answer. The are genuine interested in you as a client and as a person.

Pros

We have use several time tracking products before finding Tsheets. TSheets modernized our time tracking with speed and ease. Having the app on our phones with all our services and customer base synced from Quickbook was game changer. Roll up to a client office and Tsheets uses location tracking to already know the client and you can quickly start the clock running. When you finish simply stop the clock and you don't have to guess at work hours ever again. Tsheets then syncs approved work hours into Quickbooks and shows on the Time and Expense timesheets.

Cons

Until today the only issue I had with TSheets was the need to use the Quickbooks Web Connector to sync TSheets and Quickbooks. Now TSheets has integrated the too and all can be done in Quickbooks. Awesome.

Brian P.

Restoration Time Tracking

Reviewed on 06/02/2020

TSheets helped us eliminate hours of manual timesheet entry every day. The setup and overall customer service is great. Highly recommend this software.

Pros

Very customizable and it syncs flawlessly with Quickbooks eliminating duplicate data entry. Works well with our industry allowing employees to easily clock in and out of multiple jobs daily.

Cons

Not many negatives about the software. Would be nice to have a feature that sends a message to the app on the employee’s phone.

Margaret K.
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

TSheets new user

Reviewed on 17/04/2019

As explained above, I am able to alleviate all paper timesheets. I have had to speak with the TSheets customer support during the initial set up as well as the customer address issue. The Customer support team has been fantastic. Everyone I have spoken to has been extremely knowledgeable about their product and been able to offer a solution to all my questions. Special shout out is needed for the support team. which has gone above and beyond to try and solve the issue with my customer address transfer from QuickBooks. The team investigated solutions, called multiple times to try different options and made sure I was able to work with the resolution. I truly appreciate the attention to the details of molding their product to something that will work with my business.

Pros

The purpose for purchasing TSheets was to get rid of the paper timesheets we have been using for 30 years. What I have found in the 3 weeks that I have been using TSheets is that indeed I have been able to get rid of all the extra paper which is fantastic. The service technician's hours seamlessly convert over to quickbooks, I was able to add necessary fields to the TSheets scheduling to customize for my business and it is flexible enough to allow the guys to add a stop in their scheduled day if a problem arises. I think the best feature for me so far is being able to know where my crew is at all time while they are logged in without having to send them a text and wait for a response. This way I can give the customer an idea of when they should be arriving.

Cons

There have been a couple of glitches with the customer's addresses that have transferred over from QuickBooks. The scheduling each morning is a little bit clumsy, but I may be at fault as I am so new.

Tracy H.

Time Keeping

Reviewed on 27/08/2019

T-sheets has allowed us to do more work with more accurately tracking employee time and it also helps our job costing by allowing us to log time, tasks and job sites.

Pros

This software allows people in the field to clock in start and finish times, switch between jobs and tasks easily.

Cons

They have made changes to T-sheets software which has given us difficulties adapting the way it interfaces with our accounting software.

Rebecca M.

• Customer Support Software

TSheets is the most versatile timekeeping system I have ever used

Reviewed on 25/04/2019

Pros

As an Accountant and Payroll Professional, I enjoy the flexibility of TSheets. This system addresses every need a company can have. You can punch in via smartphone, iPad, pc, or dial-in phone, or a traditional timeclock. You can track employees by GPS, or choose not to. You can track by client, job, or classification. You can use it with Vacation/PTO tracking. You can see who is currently on the clock and what they are working on. The reporting is fantastic and the program integrates with Quickbooks, Gusto, ADP and more.
The customer service at TSheets is top notch. The employees are friendly and enthusiastic. I worked with executive today on an issue I was having due to my QBO settings and he went above and beyond. They always take the extra time to ask you how your day is and to make sure that you are well taken care of and have all the tools that you need.

Cons

I can't think of any cons. If you ever do find a con, just give them a call and they will help you out.

Joe W.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Fantastic Support Staff!!

Reviewed on 21/02/2019

We are much better positioned to get our billing invoices out quicker and to track our time thanks to TSheets! Saving us money by automating old manual tasks!

Pros

Aside from the ease of use of the product itself, the biggest benefit is the tremendous support staff you get along with the product! The online chat is lightspeed quick, staff respond immediately and are the most friendly, knowledgeable, and responsive team I've had the pleasure to work with. And with nearly 40 years of accounting and payroll management experience, I've worked with close to a hundred different products. TSheets beats them all! Two of the reps have helped me out with an issue this morning and they were both so quick, efficient and friendly that I was almost sorry the problem was resolved! They were both THAT good!

Cons

Wish there would be more report format capabilities.

Cameron J.
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

BEST TIME TRACING SOFTWARE OUT THERE

Reviewed on 16/10/2019

Now I do not have to calculate my employees hours and spend my valuable time working on the other parts of my business. If time is important to you, then you can feel secure knowing that TSheets will respond right away when you have a problem.

Pros

Time tracking is very important to my business and I outsource software for this because their are bigger fish to fry when it comes to my time and running my business. Tsheets is incredibly user friendly and the support staff is amazing. I get a real person each time and they respond ASAP EVERY time. Rep was exceptional and really made me feel like my time is valuable and offered to stay on the phone as long as needed until my question was answered and I felt comfortable moving forward on my own. I will never use another time tracking service again. Thanks TSheets!

Cons

Nothing! The software runs perfectly for myself and my company!

Ryan N.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

• Customer Support Software

T-Sheets is an awesome tool for a mobile business

Reviewed on 27/04/2018

Makes time tracking easy, communicates with other software, saves me a TON of time and headache with payroll or manual time tracking.

Pros

T-Sheets does what it's designed to do and does it very well. It doesn't overcomplicate anything. It keeps the features simple but versatile. It's ideal for a non brick & mortar business but works for stores as well. I can keep my employees time and also verify their location when the clock in/ out. They can leave me notes about their timesheets, see their past time sheets. They can clock in even when service is bad, although it won't show on my end until they get phone service again - that's awesome. Tracking timesheets this way means that all time is kept digitally in a way that's simple to run reports, export, and communicate with other softwares (like accounting or payroll programs).

Cons

I wish the phone app had a little bit more robust menus for the admin. I have to login on a laptop to be able to add new employees, manage employee profiles, passwords, etc.

Christine C.

TSheets Makes Time Tracking Easy for Small Construction Company

Reviewed on 06/08/2016

Pros

As a small construction company, we needed a time tracking program that provided: (1) easy administrative set up, (2) user-friendly interface that our employees could utilize from their phones (3) project time tracking (with notes) and (3) an array of report options. TSheets provides all critical items enabling us to accurately track and bill time worked to each project.

Additionally, TSheets.com staff have been helpful and responsive to our needs.

Love that we can set reminders for our employees to clock in/out and enable them a certain modicum of autonomy in editing their time entries. We can also see in real time who is on the clock and how many hours people are working in advance of payroll period end.

Cons

TSheets should offer a built-in administrative login as part of the monthly base price. Right now, we're paying for the admin person who doesn't utilize time tracking (she's on salary). Obviously, we need an admin to interface with our employees and process payroll reporting at the end of the payroll period.

Also, reporting options, while fairly robust, are slightly confusing. Would love to be able to memorize customized reports as we run the same reports at the end of each payroll reporting period.

It would also be great to have the following options for days when our employees are not on the clock: "PTO", "Vacation Day", "Sick Day", etc. We are contacting individual employees to make sure that they didn't miss clocking in/out when no hours are shown on the system.