1,152 reviews

1,152 reviews

• Customer Support Software

Lucidchart, an incredible tool for diagramming.

Reviewed on 05/12/2018

In my work I constantly have to carry out installation and restructuring projects for networks, equipment among others, and Lucidchar allows me to make models or diagrams to organize and plan such processes, identify requirements, describe the tasks necessary for the execution of projects, in general, is an excellent tool for the realization of diagrams which facilitate the understanding of multiple problems.

Pros

What I like most about this software is that it offers numerous templates and varieties of diagrams so it is a versatile tool that allows multiple functions to be performed from one place. Additionally, it works on the web so it is not necessary to install any program on the computer, and you can access it from any device with an internet connection, as well as, share the documents and in general, the work done with others users. It is also easy to use and during the creation of each diagram offers guides to use the program. Another notable aspect of this software is the possibility of integration with other commonly used applications such as Microsoft Word and Excel, which greatly facilitates the work of users.

Cons

So far my experience with the program has been good but I think there are aspects that can be improved, such as sharing files that are working with other users and that can work simultaneously in them to allow collaborative work. Another aspect is the connection to the internet, although it is an advantage to be able to access the program from any device with internet, at the same time it is a disadvantage because if the connection fails or I am in a place where there is no internet, I can not have access to software.

Brandon B.

A step Ahead

Reviewed on 17/08/2020

I've used their system to rapid prototype our software and make diagrams to explain complicated report parameters to clients. I've also used their mind mapping tools to keep track of day to day activities and manage the team.

Pros

The Lucidchart team so often has features and templates that I am looking for and they make them better than if I started from scratch. They allow me to quickly create documents that explain a system or situation in a way that saves me time. Visual communications are beautiful and the integrations available make me wish i was more successful in getting more of my company to make us of this great tool.

Cons

More templates and features than I have time to explore.

Joseph K.

• Customer Support Software

Get your drawings done and share them with ease by using lucid charts.

Reviewed on 08/03/2019

Pros

I have been using Lucid charts to do drawings and network diagrams. It is very easy to use and there are nearly thousands of templates and the drag and drop option has helped me in exporting files with ease in a matter of seconds. We can export to any required format, and it provides free integration with chat, calendar and mailing tools. We can add members by invitation and also automate this joining process. The tutorial had given us details about where is which tool and why and how you can use the same. The best part about this application is that it is faster than most of the drawing tools available in the market. And you just pay for the tools you use, like the pricing is different for large and small businesses. It is very much intuitive and cloud-based, you can access your drawings from anywhere and via all the devices.

Cons

Integration with Microsoft apps are sometimes very time consuming and no other drawbacks as of now.

• Industry: Design
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Diagram, connect and improve your trade.

Reviewed on 03/04/2019

Pros

When you need to create a flowchart, an organization chart, a concept map, or even a mental map, try to do it with a platform totally dedicated to perform these functions, and one of the best, without a doubt, is Lucidchart. Surely, if you are reading this review, you have already heard of this work tool, because it has more than 15 million users who have this resource as a fundamental material for their work. The fact of having so many people in use, means synonymous with guarantee and comfort to operate properly.
Lucidchart has been constantly updated, to the point that a tool fully compatible with other formats such as G Suite, Microsoft Office, Atlassian and other leading applications to maximize productivity in your organization. I dare say that there is no other platform more comprehensive, simple and efficient to create diagrams that Lucidchart.
Therefore, if you are an entrepreneur and you need to create schematic content, do not think twice and try to establish Lucidchart in your team. In addition, it offers a free trial download, and then go to pay for their services. You will notice that it is worth it and you will not regret it.

Cons

Few negative things stand out in this platform. It is perfectly designed for a specific audience and a clearly determined work. Anyone who does not understand the subject and begins to elaborate with Lucidchart, obviously will have several setbacks, however, that is why it can not be considered a negative aspect. The experience of working with this tool is 100% guaranteed.

Corine T.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Life Saver for School Work

Reviewed on 04/08/2019

I had a very good overall experience with Lucidchart. It honestly was a lifesaver because I didn't have any other tools to help me create types of charts and graphs. I also found the templates to be really helpful. If I was required to create a type of chart I didn't know of beforehand, Lucidchart had a template for it, which helped me a lot with structuring what I was working on in the correct way. It was also very easy to share my work with others by sharing the link to my projects.

Pros

The best part of this software was that it had enough features to use with its free version. There were several classes that I needed to use Lucidchart for to create charts and graphs of sorts. Rather than spending money on an expensive software, I was able to use Lucidchart for free and I really didn't need any of the paid features. It takes a bit to get the hang of it, but overall I think it is great and has a lot of helpful templates to start a chart with.

Cons

What I least liked about this software is that the free version only lets your account have 3 open charts/projects at once. If you want to create a new chart, you will need to delete an older one from your account. This wasn't such a big deal for me, but if I had to choose what I least liked about the software, that is what I would say. I would still recommend using the software though.

Dylan E.

• Customer Support Software

Easy to use online tool to create quick charts and diagrams

Reviewed on 04/05/2018

It allows us to set up a shared repository of all diagrams and flow charts to use internally when developing our product. Anyone can view, edit or create new diagrams with a very easy-to-use interface. This helped us save time when designing the implementation of a new feature or functionality.

Pros

The fact that the application is online means I can access it and all my created diagrams anywhere. I use it mainly to create diagrams that depict IT scenarios, with flow-charts, sequence or network diagrams being quick and easy to create. The interface is clean and everything is easy to find, with search boxes to speed up the search for the specific type of icon.

Generally the interface reacts quickly and items nicely 'snap' to align with other items, making it easy to rearrange a diagram and still maintain a good overview, without having to redo half the design. Setting up a team within Lucidchart to share documents is easy and works well.

Cons

The price is a little on the high side, especially if you want to add more members to your Lucidcart team.

Also, ocassionally the interface handles dragging lines between different icons badly, with lines not appearing at the correct spot and taking very tortuous routes through the diagram.

Kristina R.

Huge variety of features and functionality

Reviewed on 22/11/2016

As someone who is used to Visio, there was a learning curve when I started using Lucidchart, as the functions were not intuitive to me. However, it was a very short time from when I figured out the basic functions, to when I was creating complicated process design flows and detailed user interface mock-ups, and impressing my clients and co-workers.

We have been using Lucidchart on a pilot basis for a specific project, but based on the features and functionality available (after some training for those stuck in the Visio world), we are recommending Lucidchart become the go-to tool for creating and maintaining user interface mock-ups for our systems development and maintenance projects.

Pros

Number of types of tools to create charts, as well as the number of styles within a set of tools.

It has felt like there are infinite possibilities of charts to create.

Cons

Not sure if there is a way to "lock" some combined pieces of of a chart, so that you can move the entire "collection" together, and not have to move all separate pieces individually? I know you can lock the whole chart.

Sometimes I would create a chart, but then further info would be provided, so the chart needed to be modified, but as more space was needed in a specific area, I would have to move all of the individual pieces of a section, rather than the whole section, to accommodate new pieces. It often became very time-consuming to "relocate" a section of the chart because of how complicated it was.

Benjamin D.

• Customer Support Software

A great product but can be slow

Reviewed on 22/11/2016

My role has required me to increasingly create diagrams so it's great having an online repository for them. Having them available on wiki pages and update as they are chabged is a huge benefit. I haven't struggled on lack of features but it would be good to have more mangement of the diagram files themselves, and a feature for online archive. Overall a great experience so far however my only bugbear is performance, large diagrms can take an age to load, even browsing documents. Having said that the performance does seem to have improve lately.

Pros

Online repository for diagrams
Collaboration
Link to online for upto date version

Cons

Performance
Lack of document features

Aruna J.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

• Customer Support Software

Great online charts and diagram creating tool

Reviewed on 04/02/2020

I usually create diagrams for my reports using Lucidchart. They can be shared directly with my team members. Separate access rights can be assigned to each user. It even supports sharing the link with users. Very easy to create flow charts because it has a unique connection making system. I export the created diagrams in a transparent canvas and crop them to the required size when necessary. The digrams can be blend to the documents with these techniques.

Pros

This tool is an ideal tool to create flow charts, state machines, use case diagrams etc. Most of the time I use this tool to create flow charts for my algorithms. This diagrams can be directly exported to image formats and even into google slides slide show. Very easier to use drag and drop interface comes very handy to create quick diagrams. Another best thing is that it is directly compatible with google classroom project hance can be used with it directly. It supports importing images and clip arts to the drawing canvas, even the PNG images with the transparent background is supported by it. When saving we can save as different formats. I usually use png format with transparent background. It even supports the PDF format.

Cons

The pricing scheme is monthly payment system. It is a little bit problematic when this tool is needed during report creation or presentation creation. They should introduce another package in pay per use system. Apart from that, they have an educational package as well.

Kurt J.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Process Mapping

Reviewed on 24/07/2019

I have used 2 other white-boarding tools like Lucidchart, but they got this nailed down. So simple and intuitive to use. Layout is exceptional, and the ability to have high resolution print quality out of the gate is amazing.

Pros

Tools and object selection is large. Layout/format abilities are very prominent. UI is simple and intuitive.

Cons

Not having the option to save the file name when exporting to a PDF.

• Industry: Venture Capital & Private Equity

Lucidchart is best diagramming app with great integrations

Reviewed on 15/09/2020

Pros

Ability to create diagrams across many platforms and insert them via add-on versions of its software (G Suite, MSFT Office, and others).

Cons

The free version could offer more. Ideally more diagrams could be created under that plan, which we do not think would prevent people from upgrading.

Andy K.

• Customer Support Software

Great system for Diagramming. It is my favorite part of the Job. This tool rocks!

Reviewed on 22/11/2016

Easy to use. I have been using diagramming tools since 1997, This tool allows you to collaborate with others on the design by sharing the information with other easily. The stencils are very functional , I would recommend it for any one needing to create a network design or a home plan.

Pros

I can use the tool on my MAC pro or the Windows Laptop no special software to get the IT team to load. It works and does not complain about what version when others need to send you a diagram.

Cons

Some exports are a little disconnected and have to be repaired but no real issue

• Customer Support Software

I use Lucidchart to design mockups for software data flow + backend process.

Reviewed on 14/04/2018

Saves me a ton of time in designing ERDs and data flow documentation - come up with these by hand was previously a massive pain - Lucidchart speeds up this process and consequentially helps me communicate better with the rest of my team.

Pros

I've found Lucidchart to be incredibly helpful in designing diagrams related to software design. Trying to create these diagrams myself in various design softwares was always complicated and cumbersome, and this system allows me to intuitively create complex diagrams without pulling my hair out. Favorite features:

- Low price
- Versatility of shapes + functions
- Easy export to PDF
- Built in templates for everything from ERDs to iPhone app design, and everything in between
- Detailed articles explaining nuances of each type of diagram
- Integrations (Google Drive, Slack, + Jira are especially nice)

Cons

Any frustrations I have with Lucidchart are minimal:

- Lack of autosave feature (I don't always remember to manually save)
- Wish that templates came blank instead of pre-populated with data

Orangel C.
  • Industry: Consumer Services
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Illustrate your daily processes and keep an eye on compliance

Reviewed on 13/05/2019

I use it daily with my team to draw the route and flow of our daily processes, as we face the day with our customers, meetings, email, social networks, video calls, is a detailed planning immersed in a general marketing plan. My team and I work best with visual tools that allow us to plan openly and participate in a brainstorm that allows us to modify, execute and move forward.

Pros

Allows you to build diagrams of any type, process flows and organization charts, you have plenty of elements to draw the path of your tasks processes to fulfill and mind maps with great ideas to execute your projects.

Cons

Sometimes integrations are difficult to configure and once done can slow down the use of the platform. The latter may depend on the technical capacity of the computer.

Nathaly W.
  • Industry: Utilities
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Pick up and Go Kind of Tool

Reviewed on 15/10/2019

Over all Lucidcharts can be as simple or as complicated as you make it out to be. I only use it for simple items but I have seen some people in my working environment create some really intricate diagrams. The tools are simple and easy to use and I find that there isn't anything extra that I wish I had when it comes to this tool.

Pros

I enjoy how easily Lucid Charts integrated with google products and Gsuite. The company I work for is very google orientated and enjoy have items sync and link together. Being able to link Data really helps to view the Data in real time. Also, the use of layers really helps when working with complicated diagrams.

Cons

I find that there is often not enough shapes for what I'm trying to create, so land up having to build the shape or import an image and I can see that I dont use a lot of the features presented to me. I feel that some sort of internal training videos or guides would be really helpful.

• Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
  • Used Other for Free Trial

• Customer Support Software

Tried the trial, will buy when I'm no longer a student

Reviewed on 04/12/2019

I most recently used Lucidchart to produce custom product design process diagrams. Previously I used Microsoft Word or Powerpoint to do this, but that took me so much time that I thought I'd give Lucidchart a try. With the trial of the premium version, I was able to create a detailed diagram in much less time than it took me before, and I was able to focus on the content and meaning more than just getting the diagram to look right.

Pros

Lucidchart makes creating fantastic-looking charts extremely easy. Every other system I've used as a student wasn't designed specifically for making custom charts, and so every other solution I've tried has not come close to what Lucidchart offers. It's easy to create process charts, and what's even better, you can rearrange them without losing the meaning of the chart since the arrows and relationships all adjust as you make changes. The outputs look fantastic and it's easy to access from anywhere.

Cons

Honestly I couldn't find anything to dislike. I only used the free trial since I'm a student on a student budget, but the cost isn't even that high.

• Industry: Higher Education Software

• Customer Support Software

Cloud-based tool for creating helpful, visual charts

Reviewed on 10/07/2018

Pros

Lucidchart does one thing very well - create any type of chart, line, or bubble that you can think of. When creating a chart in a program not specific to charting like Word/PowerPoint, margins and layouts can become confusing and frustrating. Lucidchart "snaps" into place in an aesthetically pleasing way.

Being cloud-based is incredibly helpful. As someone whose job extends past a 9-5 reality, the option to revisit a thought from anywhere is a true selling point. As a visual learner, the opportunity to create hierarchies and explain project management through charts rather than words is ideal.

Cons

Lucidchart, like any software, is relatively pricey for its highly-specific functionality. A small annoyance - raw files cannot simply be shared, they must be exported as .PDFs and shared that way. An autosave feature would be the cherry-on-top.

Stas D.

• Customer Support Software

Great online diagrams and process creation tool

Reviewed on 09/09/2017

Edit and store and share process diagrams easily with my colleagues and clients.
Ability to pick business analysis tools and start collaborating with colleagues and clients immediately.

Pros

1. Ability to share the diagrams easily. 2. Extensive library of really useful diagrams and shapes including mind mapping, process, network and business diagrams. 3. Collaboration features - great to be able to pick up the colleague's work and add my own. 4. Love the date-stamping feature. 5. Very clean interface.

Cons

1. No obvious version control. 2. Layers feature takes a bit of time to get used to. 3. Expiring links for sharing. It is probably a useful feature, but it is not clear as to when the link expires when you share the document with someone.

Meher M.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Knowledge Management at your fingertips

Reviewed on 31/03/2019

Lucid chart has been the most effective way to manage knowledge that I have found to date. I've truly appreciated what its offered which is a blank canvas with unlimited potential. If you are willing to learn how to use it and work on it, you can truly develop something stunning.

Pros

It's very difficult for a growing company -- a business or a non-profit -- to manage information with the constant flow of people moving in and out of their work force. Lucidchart helped me and my team chart a pathway that helped us put our liner thoughts in one place, and enabled our colleagues to develop out our ideas using the technology Lucidchart offers. Visual presentations galore. Smart art, graphs, charts and text boxes allowed us to weave a narrative that helped us put together departmental strategies, visions and even write grant proposals. Really group work savvy!

Cons

The learning curve for this will take some time. It's not for everyone. If you like color coding things, taking the time to spell out information and make it understandable, this is great. If you are a rushed worker and like to do more with less time, this might not be the best way to manage knowledge for you and excel might be the way to go.

Luke J.

Lucidchart is Perfect for Creating Professional Designs

Reviewed on 02/04/2019

Overall Lucidchart has helped me with many projects. I don't have to pay for the advanced access myself, but the free version should have plenty to offer for your basic design needs.

Pros

The best thing about Lucidchart is the amount of features it offers. You cannot find nearly as many features with other software as you can with Lucidchart. They even offer it for free so don't hesitate to check out their website to see if it is right for you.

Cons

It is a free service but other more advanced features are not free. So you get the basic functions for free but have to pay for more. The free is usually plenty for basic design projects but you may need the advanced if it is a big work project.

• Used Other for 2+ years

Affordable alternative to Visio

Reviewed on 14/01/2020

Overall, this product is an excellent choice as a Visio alternative. It has worked well for our needs and we've created some very complex flowchart designs.

Pros

It is definitely less expensive than Visio, and I think it is easier to use. The fact that it is web-based makes it more portable. It is very easy to create flowcharts with varying levels of complexity.

Cons

The price is still pretty high for individual users. The free version doesn't allow for very complicated designs. If you qualify for an educational subscription, that can be a real winner.

• Industry: Management Consulting

Process Mapping Excellence

Reviewed on 01/02/2019

Of all the available tools out there for process mapping I wouldn't recommend any others above this one. Little expensive when it comes to a per license basis.

Pros

I have been using this tool over Vizio for years now and there isn't an easier to use tool out there. It has full feature functionality and great templates to use especially if you're new to process mapping or mapping out organizational hierarchies.

Cons

I don't have many bad things to say about this tool other than it is a little expensive for how often I use it.

Katie F.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

LucidChart Gets the Job Done.

Reviewed on 28/05/2020

We mainly use LucidChart to outline our website chatbot flows, though we sometimes outline our marketing automation workflows as well. It's a competent tool and is great to use due to how user-friendly it is, as well as it being cost-effective.

Pros

Globally we're able to utilize the platform to share ideas, workflows, and chatbot flows for our communications teams - which is great! It's nice being able to have colleagues make edits and give feedback/ideas quickly and efficiently. So much better than sending pdfs or pictures back and forth, or having to hop on calls and jotting down the ideas on a piece of paper.

The amount of layout templates available is really nice too! And it's very affordable - much more so than other platforms.

Cons

There's quite the learning curve with LucidChart - though it may be that way with any diagramming software. It has the feel of Microsoft Word when you make a change to the format and the entire world gets turned upside down - the same thing happens here. Changing a flow or deleting/adding parts can be complicated to enact effectively. Wish you could integrate this into more systems too - like Visio is with Microsoft.

Tércio Y.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

A great diagram tool

Reviewed on 18/11/2019

A great diagram tool, very stable, intuitive and lightweight. You can easily create a diagram simply by selecting from a lot of available templates. Sharing documents is also possible, however, tracking may be an issue if you are using the free version.

Pros

It is very easy to use, pretty much a drag-and-drop. It has several templates to be used out-of-box even using the free version. It offers you the possibility to change the page settings like orientation, size and so on. You can also customize the flowcharts, graphs and much more. It can be easily integrated with third-party software such as Microsoft Teams, Google Drive, Slack and many more.

Cons

The free version only supports three active documents and the revision history feature is also not available. While using the free version, expect to get a lot of pop-ups promoting the paid version.

Steve V.
  • Industry: Insurance Software

• Customer Support Software

Extremely easy to use with many must-have integrations ... Visio users will not look back

Reviewed on 04/12/2018

Pros

Extremely thorough feature set enough to pull even a seasoned Visio user away. The interconnections with products from Atlassian (Confluence) and especially the integration with the Google app suite of tools (Google Docs, Sheets, Slides and Google Drive) was exactly what I was looking. LucidChart charting was the missing SaaS tool needed to complete any IT professionals SaaS toolset. The others on my list are Google GSuite, GitHub and Cloud9 and Quickbooks if you need that sort of thing.

Cons

I'd like to see the pricing for an individual Pro user come down a few $ per month to about $7 which is the price point for a GitHub account. It's not much I know but this isn't a tool you use constantly / consistently throughout an engagement like GitHub does.