1,192 reviews

1,192 reviews

Chart = LucidChart

Reviewed on 06/08/2018

Pros

You need insert a chart in your presentation? Lucidchart is the answer.
Need in google apps? ok. we have.
Need in Atlassin products? ok. we have.
Can create great and clear flowcharts, workflows, diagrams and so forth

Cons

after 2 years experience, I can say there are no cons against Lucidchart.

Stephan L.

Good Job, Thank you.

Reviewed on 25/11/2016

I used to use MS Visio until I stumbled over Lucidchart. While Visio ist going down from version to version (Software developer's view) Lucidchart offers an easy way to design nearly whatever required. Few things I miss: Other Entity notations than crow feet and better UML integration, e.g. free placeable ports for components.

Pros

Easy to use, worldwid access (if there's internet available)

Cons

sometimes tricky to use, not all diagram types/ notations supportet (yet)

William A.
  • Industry: Chemicals

Excellent tool for process modeling

Reviewed on 14/06/2021

One of the things I like about Lucidchart is that it is very intuitive in its use, since I did not have to read any manual or watch any video. It allows me to create process models quite quickly and without difficulty.

Pros

I love that Lucidchart can do many of the things I usually do in Microsoft Visio and cost even less. and being a web application allows me to use it on any computer

Cons

Lucidchart covers my basic process model needs so I don't have anything I don't like about this solution

• Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Their genius marketing team/videos won us over!

Reviewed on 02/04/2019

Customer care is very fast at replying with any issues. The only issue I've had was misplacing my password.

Pros

Visualizing and planning is made simple and conveys a powerful diagram through Lucidchart!
If you can create a Powerpoint, you can create a drag-and-drop masterpiece with Lucidchart. We've used Lucidchart for the better part of a year (since we found their viral marketing videos on YouTube.) Lucidchart helped us create basic to complex diagrams. You can purchase from 3-25 users and prices vary between $27-$225/Mo. I chose the single user Pro for $11.95/Mo, which could be paid annually at $9.95/Mo.
No need to install anything, it is cloud-based and could be accessed from anywhere in the world with an internet connection.

Cons

Zero complaints at this moment. Lucidchart has been an essential tool for weekly meetings.

Philip D.

Forget Visio, LucidChart is the new diagramming tool

Reviewed on 28/03/2016

We were long time Visio users, and it was coming time to upgrade Visio again - which was not a small cost. So we looked around and came across LucidChart. It imported our Visio diagrams without any issue. After a short time we found LucidChart so much easier to use, and it was great being able to share out master copies of our diagrams with our clients (who the diagrams are for). I also like that it is completely web based, and we don't have to install anything on our machines any more. Their online support is excellent, and they have lots of short You Tube videos which show you how to do lots and lots of things.

Pros

* Ease of use
* You tube videos giving demos on how to do things
* Ability to share disgrams
* Running in a web browser so you don't have to install software

Cons

* I found customers (who already use LucidChart) sometimes shared their diagrams with just the employee needing it "right then". However if someone else needed to work on it they didn't have access, and usually didn't have the rights to be able to share it with other people in our company. I wish when customers shared it with someone in our team that it was automatically shared with everyone in the team. This was such a big issue for us we ended up cancelling out company subscription, and converting it to a single user subscription forcing everyone to log in using the same account. Issue resolved with customers sharing with us.

Gordon w H.
  • Industry: Design

If you are looking for an extremely capable, affordable diagramming solution, look no further.

Reviewed on 20/02/2019

We needed a way to document a complex marketing campaign for a client, but we needed to be able to make edits in near-real time and we did not have the benefit of being able to create this document in Adobe InDesign. We needed a solution that customer service/account folks could use while at the same time designers and art directors could easily apply styles and formatting to. With cost being the primary concern, we settled on LucidChart as our solution to solve these problems, while accepting some of the limitations of a web-based application.

Pros

I like that LucidChart is a web application. As long as I have a steady internet connection and a reasonably powerful computer, I can create professional-quality diagrams without the need for any specialized software. I like that it offers a number of templates to start diagramming common tasks as well as an extensive collection of icons/images which can be used to illustrate complex workflows, relationships or processes.

Cons

While the near-universal access of a web application can be admired, there are some "clunky" controls which a present in the app that take a bit of getting used to. Things like object "snapping" and layout are not Lucidchart's strength and I find myself fighting the application for what I want it to do versus what it "thinks" I want it do. While the learning curve of the application is not steep, if you have any experience at all with a "proper" layout application like InDesign or Photoshop you might find it difficult or downright frustrating to work in for a little while.

Stacey B.

Lucidchart - solid wireframing tool

Reviewed on 07/12/2016

I have looked at and tried a number of different wireframing tools. Design and layout of web pages and software applications is a great deal of our business. After trying a bunch of different tools, we decided on Lucidchart. It has all of the basics and a lot of images to choose from. It allows us to easily share our designs with our customers without having to purchase additional licenses. Only negative would be that it's hard to move elements around if there a lot on the page.

Pros

Pretty easy to use.

Cons

hard to move objects around if there are lot of them on the page

• Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Great Diagramming Tool

Reviewed on 01/04/2019

It´s been great overall. It has become our main tool to create diagrams of all kinds in our company.

Pros

It´s very easy to use, intuitive, user friendly, and comes with hundred of templates and examples to get you designing your own diagrams fast and with a very professional looking.
Personally i´ve been using it for network diagrams, and it has all the symbols and devices I need to to make my projects diagrams in a very easy way.
It has a wide range of export formats , and a great integration with google drive that I use all the time.

Cons

Had some issues sharing diagrams with other people, to have coworkers editing and adding their perspective on the diagram.
The Sharing features has some rough edges that should be improved in future releases.

Ana H.

• Customer Support Software

good tool, allows to make the diagrams very quickly and work collaboratively without...

Reviewed on 28/06/2018

the creation of flow diagrams and uml mainly that can be shared to work as a team, I can also use them from google docs without problems and store in my google drive account, I can also use the images saved onedrive in my diagrams.

Pros

It is very easy to use and to register there is no complication.
Several types of popular diagrams can be made in some disciplines such as software engineering or network design.
available in several languages, including Spanish.
It allows to import diagrams made in microsoft visio, omnigraffle, gliffy and draw.io you can also import figures from visio or in svg format to the library.
You can download the diagrams in multiple formats like jpg, png, pdf, svg, csv and visio.
You can work collaboratively, inviting teammates to edit, comment or see the work.
It can be used for free.
has an excellent integration with google docs and office 365, also with confluence, jira, slack, quip and zoho connect among others.

Cons

allows only 60 objects per document in the free accounts.
the revision history is only available as a premium function, which forces me to use the google revision history docs when I want to work collaboratively.

Josemaria G.

Business Analysts Online Friend

Reviewed on 29/03/2019

All my diagramming and workflow documentation needs have been fully addressed by Lucidchart. Full-featured, easy to use, and constantly improving.

Pros

Visio just costs too much! A good alternative for us was to use Lucidchart. It supports Visio and so we didn't have trouble with importing or migrating.

Lucidchart didn't require much learning curve since it is fairly straight forward and easy to navigate. All our workflow and diagramming needs can be done within Lucidchart and the best part (compared to our lower version of Visio) is that we were able to work in teams collaboratively on the same charts. Work has been completed faster even with remote team members.

I love the offline mode, this is the closest I could get to a native app response time without the need for connectivity.

Cons

I prefer a desktop application since for me it normally runs faster compared to running the same application via a web app or browser. Depending perhaps on our current internet situation Lucidchart can sometime feel laggy or clunky.

Ravi R.

• Customer Support Software

It explains so much in so less

Reviewed on 21/05/2018

It gives very nice flowcharts, which are very easy to understand and also it makes the clients understand better about insights. Who is working on what is easily seen through it. The most important benefit is , it is very easy to learn.

Pros

The use of lucid has provided very nice, responsive flow charts, which give so much information. It is pretty simple to learn. Just start using it and in no time you will be able to do wonderful stuff. It has a nice integration with other apps and has good quantity of libraries. It makes us learn about our requirements and what the client needs. We can easily see who is working on what work, it has made collaboration so easy.

Cons

It is little overpriced, due to which many opt out of it. It is very smooth and have nice templates, but I think the number of templates could have been more. The speed of rendering can be improved a little too.

• Industry: Computer Networking

Very convenient to make quick drawings

Reviewed on 12/10/2020

document sharing is very convenient just through the emails which is awesome.

Pros

Easy to use with majority of things a drag and drop.
Options to add own personal images
No need for a visio library
Entire system can be edited online using a browser

Cons

Free version has limited features and cannot go beyond 60 objects and only 3 sheets per free account. Monthly price is on the higher side.

Harish J.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

My first preference is Lucidchart when I want to create a diagram to explain something to my...

Reviewed on 18/09/2018

Pros

I am the person at our team to explain new project opportunities and most of the team members prefer a systematic or diagrammatic explanation of details. Apart from the initial learning time on how to use this app, it will save tons of energy and money for sure. I used to draw using a pen and paper and Lucidchart changed everything to just the computer screen. I can collaborate with other members of my team to make updates on my diagram. I can clearly set permissions on where someone other than me can do an edit. Sharing the diagram online is just a matter of seconds.

Cons

I think Lucidchart must add more advanced templates for the basic users. The other main drawback is that there is no offline access to Lucidchart in any platforms. If there was a desktop client application that works offline as well and automatically updates all the edits when the PC connects to internet would have been much helpful.

Sarah N.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Workflow illustration

Reviewed on 07/01/2021

It did take a while to get used to using Lucidchart... it's not super intuitive. But once you get the hang of it, it's not bad. There are many features I don't believe I'm using, as I use it in a simplistic form to create workflow charts. I like the professional look of the objects and charts, and ability to customize. It's also great that an education account is available. I would recommend it over other flowchart tools I've used!

Pros

I like how customizable it is to change the shapes, colors, gradient, etc. in order to make the flow chart look more professional or match branding colors. It has a much more professional look than other similar tools I've used, and I very much appreciate the ability to share and collaborate.

Cons

I wish a chart could be shared with others who do not have a Lucidchart account, but I've only been able to share with colleagues who have accounts as well. Alternatively I send a PDF of the chart to others for feedback (it works, but just slower and not as efficient). I've also had trouble in moving objects without moving the items they are linked to (there may be a way to change this, but I haven't found it yet).

Ragnar H.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Flowcharts Made Easy

Reviewed on 22/11/2016

The Good: First of all for any basic project, there is likely to be a similar one in their database from which you can build yours. When using swim lanes, resizing also moves to contents which saves a lot of time (as opposed to doing this in Word or Excel). You can build custom shape libraries to include color settings and such on the shapes. Overall this program has (figuratively) pulled my bacon from the fire more than once.

The Bad: The login screen does not allow for quick form fill (browser remembering the username and password to instantly input it upon page load). It does not remember certain view settings between uses, such as opting to use the beta build for the next version, I never want to go back to the previous.

The Ugly: The default themes are a decent baseline from which to build, but are each rather lacking, and you cannot save your own for quick application over all objects in a spreadsheet (thus you need to do it manually, which can take quite awhile).

Pros

Use of use, simplicity of design, complexity of task.

Cons

I wish I could save custom themes, and possibly share them with other users.

Bukola S.

• Customer Support Software

Lucidchart is a blessing to my diagramming experience.

Reviewed on 01/07/2018

Pros

Lucidchart is web based ,with a close to zero learning curve for new users ; especially users who have used alternate design softwares like Smartdraw and Edraw max before.I am able to share diagrams with my team members wherever they are.
Lucidchart is the one design tool I can count on whenever I need to quickly work on diagrams , user interface designs and sketches at a moment notice. The fact I am not restricted to a single device to be able to use Lucidchart is a blessing for me.

Cons

I am unable to share my raw diagram files with team members who do not use Lucidchart. I always have to export my diagrams to pdf .before sharing.

• Industry: Financial Services Software

Great Charting Software

Reviewed on 09/11/2017

Pros

I started using this software in college for different classes like Information Technology and Operations Management. This software has also been great with helping me complete assignments. LucidChart is extremely user-friendly and I was able to learn how to use the software rather quickly. It's incredibly easy to drop in different shapes or images that you want and draw the connects from different processes/images to one another.

Cons

Only Con I can really think of is sometimes it can be frustrating to format shapes and resize them at times. While the software is fairly user friendly I have definitely gotten frustrated at times trying to resize images and have had issues when I was trying to connect certain processes to another and the program picks the wrong shape to connect to.

I also wish it was a bit easier to print out these charts, but I don't think it's very fair to blame the software on that since everyone's charts are going to vary by width/size so it's up to the user to format it for printing.

Lucidchart is such a joy to use; a breath of fresh air coming from other software

Reviewed on 31/01/2018

Pros

Has Everything: L:C has literally every type of chart, bubble, line, and template that I can think of. I've yet to run into a situation where LC did not have something that would work.

Sharing Capabilities: Like Google Drive, users of LC can collaborate on charts. I know that our engineering team uses this a lot, I have yet to find a need to collaborate on charts that I've created, but I love how easy it is should the need arise. It even integrates with Google Drive to boot!

Does One Thing: Sometimes this is a con; when a software is just a One-Trick Pony. I think that its a trap that a lot of software companies fall into, especially young ones. They try to do too much too quickly and come to market with incomplete, inconsistent, or generic products in saturated markets. LC does charts and chart sharing so well that it can afford to do nothing else and I appreciate them for that.

Cons

Direction: If you are a chart rookie or simply are not sure where to begin with chart creation, LC has templates that can help, but the user has to approach LC with the creative vision and direction in play already. There is no sandbox mode for this part of the chart-making process; I still use a legal pad to start with. LC's templates are neatly categorized based on business needs or otherwise, but they are still just templates. In some respects, this is not so much a con as it is a natural limitation on the creativity chart-makers must overcome in the first place

Miguel M.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Great solution for Architectural diagrams

Reviewed on 06/02/2020

We were looking for a tool that we can use to communicate our Architectural diagrams, and that would integrate with Confluence. Their support and training when we implemented the solution was excellent.

Pros

The integration with Confluence/Atlassian is straightforward. We do all our ERD in Lucidchart, and I used to create internal and external presentations. In my job, I have to present complex problems and sophisticated solutions to our dev teams and our senior team. Lucidchart helps me communicate those complex problems and ideas to solve them.

Cons

The library is extensive for developers that need to prepare ERDs or architectural diagrams. However, the library is limited for themes outside software development. The integration with PowerPoint is not as straightforward as I expected. And their online help is very extensive, but I find my self not able to find the articles that solve my questions.

Abiola A.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

• Customer Support Software

I refine my business thought with Lucidchart.

Reviewed on 02/07/2018

Pros

I am a lover of charts and flows ,as they assist me in better critiquing my business ideas and thought.I started out with using just a paper and a pencil and would end up littering my desk with ruffled paper after every diagramming session.
I later embraced alternate diagramming programs and the sole reason I migrated towards Lucidchart is its collaborative edge. Being that it is cloud based, I get to go into the world of flows and charts at anytime without any prerequisite requirement like having a particular device on hand. I get to also work on charts and flows collaboratively with my colleagues ,even if they aren't physically by my side. Lucidchart overall helps me refine my business thought process.

Cons

There is a need for more templates available to users on Lucidchart. I also tend to think Lucidchart comes with a bit of tough learning time for new users.

Sebastien E.
  • Used for 2+ years

Best chart/workflow design tool

Reviewed on 14/11/2019

I amable to quickly create charts to illustrate processes and workflows to external users clearly and efficiently

Pros

Love how easy it is to create a clear workflow, moving things around without having to redesign the whole thing is a time saver.

Cons

That it's not completely free, but at the same time it shouldn't be. Clearly a lot of work has been put in, and it shows. It's worth it

Kevin O.

Think modern Visio

Reviewed on 09/08/2019

Pros

This is an ideal alternative for Visio. It may not be as powerful but it has lots of useful features and is very user friendly. We use this product on a weekly basis for mapping processes, layouts, charts etc.

Cons

Some print options could be clearer. If you want to print out over say 6 pages it can be difficult to manipulate this.

Kent C.

Teaching Computer Science With This Tool

Reviewed on 23/11/2016

As a teacher, I've been using LucidChart for more than three years in my Advanced Placement (AP) computer science classes. Students really enjoy being able to document problem solving algorithms using the flow chart tools as well as mind mapping with concept diagrams. I have come to rely on UML class diagrams for my instructional units on object and class design; additionally, I use it for making graphic organizers, process diagrams, and general handouts. Ease of use, judicious mix of features, collaborative editing tools and publishing options put it right at the top of my list of preferred tools. I recommend it to colleagues all.the.time.

Pros

The available graphic elements for UML, mind mapping, flowchart, and general visual organization are simply perfect for an educational environment.

Cons

The process for browsing and managing uploaded user images seems a little off. For example, I frequently will use screen captures as graphical elements of a document. While LucidChart fully supports doing so, it might be helpful to have a more powerful interface when reviewing/browsing/selecting files that are serving duty as custom images.

Kishore K.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

• Customer Support Software

My Review after using Lucidchart.

Reviewed on 24/11/2016

I'm an Engineering Graduate Student. This is my Review after using Lucidchart for a Month. I'll be giving review about the product after use in a class project. Some problems are complex enough that you may not know how to ask the right question. That's where Web Apps come in. With a few clicks, these form based course assistants solve many types of problems which are commonly encountered in your classes, no questions asked. Create engaging lectures and materials by uploading your own real world data, or draw on thousands of data sets already available in Lucidchart. Tailor the look of your results with customiszble visualizations.
The color, style, and elements of generated charts and plots can be customized and downloaded. And export results in 60+ file types. You can download results in various formats like XLS, PDF etc. There's so much you can do. They are always adding more content and more features to help you create the best classroom experience possible. So, that's good that it gets regular updates.

Pros

HUNDREDS OF TEMPLATES & EXAMPLES:
- Flowcharts
- UML
- ERD
- Wireframing / iOS Mockups
- Network Diagrams
- Org Charts
- Mind Maps
- BPMN

POWERFUL & EASY TO USE:
- Hundreds of shapes with easy drag and drop functionality
- Export to PDF, PNG, JPG and Microsoft Visio (.vdx)
- Integrations with Google Drive, Confluence, JIRA, and Jive at no additional cost
- Dedicated support team to address your questions

BUILT FOR COLLABORATION:
- Real time collaboration
- Unlimited number of simultaneous collaborators
- Powerful version control and revision history
- Group chat and comments
- Embed diagrams in blogs, wikis or websites

SECURE & RELIABLE:
- All data transferred using SSL with AES-256 bit encryption
- Hourly backups stored across multiple data centers
- 99.9% uptime SLA for enterprise customers
- Admin-specified password strength and reset frequency requirements

ROBUST FOR ADMINS:
- Upgrade other users to administrators to help manage users
- Set whether new users automatically join the team or require an invitation
- Control which domains your team can collaborate with outside your company.

Cons

I found customers (who already use LucidChart) sometimes shared their diagrams with just the employee needing it "right then". However if someone else needed to work on it they didn't have access, and usually didn't have the rights to be able to share it with other people in our company. I wish when customers shared it with someone in our team that it was automatically shared with everyone in the team. This was such a big issue for us we ended up canceling out company subscription and converting it to a single user subscription forcing everyone to log in using the same account. Issue resolved with customers sharing with us.

John W.

• Customer Support Software

The easiest tool for the job

Reviewed on 30/03/2021

I used Lucidchart to create marketing flows, website site maps and database diagrams. It takes a tedious job and makes it easy.

Pros

I simply like how quickly I can create flowcharts and database diagrams with this tool.

Cons

I honestly don't have a con for this tool. I use it for a specific job and it does that job very well.