1,032 reviews

Workfront

Online Enterprise Work Management Software

4.3 /5 (1032 reviews) Write a Review!

1,032 reviews
Faith P.
  • Industry: Banking

• Customer Support Software

It has given us ability to plan, manage, and measure work based on data

Reviewed on 31/10/2019

Sharing of projects is now easy and every member of the team has up to date data on project progress. Moreover, executives look for loopholes to help in easily and monitor progress.

Pros

It has given us ability to plan, manage, and measure work based on data which helps organization executives to monitor work in real-time using the data. The most important thing is that their support team worked with us from the beginning to create a platform that best fits our job environment. Now we can easily work in teams as we are able to plan, create and share tasks and projects within the platform and most importantly Workfront was integrated with the softwares that we use on a daily basis. Another benefit is that they offer a free trial for an organization.

Cons

The vendor support team took a little bit longer in creating the Workfront platform that could best match our needs but in all it was a success and now we are good.

Judy P.

Long time administrator of AtTask/Workfront

Reviewed on 01/09/2015

Pros

Workfront has allowed our department to fine-tune our projects, which consist of approx. 45-50 projects per year over three selling seasons, all working concurrently. We have been able to integrate our Product Development dept in NYC and our distribution facility in South Carolina, in order to Go to Market in a seamless manner. There is visibility for anyone who needs it and a range of reporting functions.

Cons

It can be frustrating to set everything up in a particular manner, only to have it become a 'legacy'. The challenge I've faced as the admin for my company is that it's not my full time job and it can be time-consuming to figure things out at times, or try to configure a work-around to meet our needs. The reporting has improved a lot since we started with the product 7 years ago, but there are still some basic needs that aren't met, such as the fact that there's a beautiful Milestone report, but it's not printable. It is the exact type of report that is most useful for our organization, but it's impossible to print out for our dept meeting, for instance.

Sophie B.

Reviewed on 11/09/2019

Very satisfactory. Can’t imagine another product meeting the needs of our org with so many workflows and such complex data needs. Incredible customer service and training resources. Incredibly helpful annual conference for users and potential buyers.

Pros

Workfront is a fantastic, adaptable project and resource management system. If you have diverse needs across your org or company, it is the product for you. It can be fully adapted to very disparate teams. I find new features and functionality every day.

Cons

Because it’s so able-to-be-tailored, a high-quality implementation can take a looong time, but their implementation services are fantastic

• Industry: Food & Beverages

Workfront Works!

Reviewed on 07/05/2019

Projects are laid out very well, and we provide transparency to our requesters.

Pros

I like the functions of it all. It's very organized, and once you're used to it, it's very easy to use.

Cons

Unfortunately I find the app extremely difficult to use and frustrating.

Gaurav G.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Project Management made easy

Reviewed on 25/06/2020

After using Workfront, I was able to focus on completing my analytics projects in time and reduced time wasting in finding what my tasks were by searching for emails where tasks were originally requested. I was able to successfully document progress I made on various marketing projects and review it with my manager. So, avoided wastage of time and paper when reviewing progress of my work. This reporting capability of Workfront also helped my manager provide budget and resources support, when needed.

Pros

I use Workfront software to manage my analytics workflow which is part of the larger marketing campaign projects. My favorite feature of Workfront is its ability to search all projects by specific keywords such as name of vendor, product or brand which my marketing team is trying to promote. And, the feature of summarizing all the projects in one page with my name assigned to them. So, I can quickly find a project I need to work on as well as prioritize it. I also like the feature of getting an update in my email that a new project has been assigned to me by my marketing team, so I know I need to start working on a new project. Support is great. All these features make me more productive in my role of a web analyst.

Cons

Workfront interface is not very user friendly so it takes time for a newbie to first train on it before adopting it. The scale of project completion from 0% to 100% is not very accurate because I had to leave it on 0% for some of my projects for me to know that those projects are not complete before moving on to the next set of new projects. I was unable to print the milestone report so I could share it with executives. I also struggled with the limited ability to globalize the comments, so I was having a tough time tracking a conversation.

• Industry: Financial Services Software

Highly flexible solution

Reviewed on 07/05/2019

Pros

Ability to adapt workflows mid-stream. Not locked in to a particular path.
Overall UI is clean, and simple, unlike previous solutions we have used.
Their support is outstanding. They listen and work to implement changes to better the application. Truly committed to the customer, and hearing their feedback.

Cons

Comparing it to our previous solution, there isn't really anything (yet) that I have negative to say about it.

Jonathan H.
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

• Customer Support Software

Workfront makes managing projects easy with strong training, support and reporting features.

Reviewed on 12/06/2018

It helps us save time when it comes to resource allocation and time management. The reporting features helps upper-management better understand what we are doing and how much time it takes to do it. I love how they are constantly pushing updates that help improve the tool based on user feedback.

Pros

I have been a Workfront user for a few years now and am a big proponent of this project management tool for several reasons.
1) I find it very intuitive for users to use
2) It is easily customized based on the needs of your users
3) The reporting feature is worth the price of admission itself
4) Their support team is quick to respond and the self-help area is robust so you can find an answer to any question you may come across
5) Workfront offers a comprehensive training tool that covers several types and levels of training for users at all levels including frequent live trainings
6) The Community area is a great place to share ideas and ask for help from other users
7) They are constantly making updates and improvements to the tool
8) The Workfront Proof viewer is a great feature for those who want to markup and share creative within a project.

We looked at several solutions and I'd say that Workfront was by far the best option for our internal creative agency.

Cons

Setting up can be time consuming if you don't already have a process in place. Do your homework and dedicate the time to do it right before launch or else user adoption can be difficult. Plan on user adoption to be your biggest hurdle as people are uncomfortable with change. Make the Workfront trainings mandatory before use.

Chris M.
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Helps Streamline Process, Create Accountability

Reviewed on 27/08/2019

Workfront has absolutely changed the way my team works from a process standpoint. Previously, there was no way for us to quantify creative work, evaluate workloads of the creative staff or effectively capture the back and forth that accompanies a creative project. Workfront has solved all of these for us and more.

Pros

There's a lot I love about Workfront. As someone who works on the creative services side of the business, Workfront allows for an orderly intake process using its custom forms (a questionnaire) that allows the project manager to identify the exact asks that are being made. Workfront allows us to easily flip requests into full blown projects, using its task feature to assign each user their own role in the larger project. From a creative perspective, I can use agile project management and set tasks to happen concurrently, or waterfall project management and customize tasks so that one task cannot be started until the previous task is complete.

Overall, Workfront offers a really clear process that creates the accountability throughout my team's creative process.

Cons

The software definitely takes some getting used to. There's a good amount of onboarding that usually takes place to learn the terminology (tasks vs project, dashboards and reports) and from my team's perspective we used our onboarding sessions to customize dashboards for each section of the team. The copywriters have their own dashboard and the designers have theres. So although the complexity is a con, it offers good potential for further customization.

• Industry: Market Research Software

Workfront Review

Reviewed on 25/10/2018

We have dozens of projects every day, with different employees in different capacities working on them -- project managers, team leaders, supervisors, editors, writers, graphic designers, proofreaders, strategists. Everyone's input and progress can now be corralled in one place. We have a clear window view in to how the project is going and who might need help with what. Everything is documented in one thread so there is no hiding from a mistake or missed deadline. We can take people outside of the task, like our Legal Department, to get their insight on certain matters.

Pros

What I like most about Workfront is the visibility it gives to employees and project managers as they navigate a workload from week to week. If 10 people are working on the same task, they can communicate through Workfront channels with respect to questions, concerns and updates. And everything is documented. So, if a conflict arises, we can just go back through the Workfront thread and see what happens. Documentation is so important, especially when you have dozens of projects going at one time.

Cons

It was tough to learn. After a year, I still did not feel like I had it figured it out. The workload queue setup felt wonky to me and I would often grab work from the wrong places because things weren't clearly marked. Also, and maybe this is on our company's IT side of things, it seemed to crash with a certain frequency, or would not normally be available.

Kristen C.

Robust and Flexible But Missing a Few Critical Things

Reviewed on 03/09/2015

Pros

It is very configurable and encompasses the best of both worlds: the traditional project management structure (the project has a life of its own and contains many different kinds of objects), along with lighter object-oriented workflow (comments and approvals associated with specific documents). My product team is very responsive and I've had really great experiences with the remote consultants and help desk. Service is really excellent.

Cons

Given the crazy pace of my daily reality, I wouldn't mind a slower rate of change on the product itself. Change is a good thing, and most of them are good, but it changes so frequently that it feels like my team just gets used to the new features and ways of interacting with the product, and then it changes again.

Among the things I like LEAST:
-it is impossible to expose the actual file name of new document versions. I can't understand why this is so hard. It should be an option to keep your file naming conventions that are relevant to other systems and are relied on by many users, and still take advantage of the versions features.
-you should be able to be notified when there is a new version added. Again, this one baffles me.
- You should be able to mark a communication URGENT somehow, or set a recurring reminder that can automatically nag people for a response.

Narayan R.

• Customer Support Software

My experience with Workfront has been fantastic.

Reviewed on 01/05/2015

Pros

The software is extremely intuitive, very interactive and intelligently designed. It supports the many different approaches to work management and is highly flexible. The API also provides endless opportunity for enterprise integrations. The reporting is very powerful. The training offerings are extremely useful. Quarterly roadmap webinars provide administrators with a great overview of future functionality.

The vendor is great to work with. The sales reps, client success consultants, delivery consultants, trainers and support staff are all very helpful in working through issues until they are resolved. Progress on requests is highly visible through their requests interface. The response times for all types of requests, whether direct email or within the support site, are responded to in a timely fashion.

Cons

I least like the fact that the product was rebranded. I also do not like some of the limitations of the amounts of data that can be reported out of the system. While the reporting interface is very powerful, the application struggles to provide reports when large amounts of data are being reported on. The sandbox environments are very slow, which results in very little use of them. If they performed well, they would be used much more by our users and administrators for testing.

Regarding the vendor, I sometimes feel like there are known issues, bugs or limitations within the software that should be addressed.

Anna S.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

• Customer Support Software

A Workfront end user to be allocated work and track progress.

Reviewed on 09/09/2015

Pros

The overall interface and system is very intuitive to use. One of the most effective parts has been the clear segmentation of each project into separate tasks with individual deadlines and approval steps. This has helped with allocating the best person to work on each task which has resulted in the whole team working more efficiently. The approval process is a useful feature that allows the correct senior staff to confirm the work is complete and has been checked. Additionally, Workfront have been very helpful in implementing suggestions to make the system work better for us and our working processes by implementing suggestions for new functionality. They have also been very proactive in training and getting feedback for new ideas to make the software even better.

Cons

Setting up the system has taken a very long time to implement within our business. I understand this is mainly down to the speed at which our business incorporates change and that Workforce has been integrated with existing systems and software we already have in place. The resourcing tool has not been ideal for our working practices and we are needing to do further work before this tool can be fully used - but Workfront are working with us to implement new features that will enable us to use this in the future.

Dave G.

Happy so far!

Reviewed on 18/09/2015

Pros

The product is very easy to use and most of tools provided are easily used or ignored if your companies processes and workflows don't need them. The Workfront consultants we've worked with so far have been great. They're all accommodating and want us to be successful. And the resources we can look at on our own without needing to talk to someone are also pretty great. The videos or schedule training sessions are helpful in giving high-level overviews of the software and how things work. The company also pushes upgrades to the software on a regular basis. I've seen several great improvements come across that tweak how easy it is to do things in the system.

Cons

Lot's of small nit-picky things. There are bugs here and there but they've been pretty minor and solved by the Workfront teams pretty quickly. The help articles are less helpful as they're fairly generic and don't specifically describe what fields will do/won't do. A lot of that has come through trial an error. Example, there's a required field for Group when you set up a project in the system. The Help Article alludes to this helping share access to the project with that group. Come to find out, this field doesn't do anything at all. The tool has just been upgraded and improved a couple times and the help articles aren't up-to-date to tell you any of that.

Eric L.

• Customer Support Software

The product works great, nice company to work with

Reviewed on 01/09/2015

Pros

What really differentiates WorkFront from the competition is how well it communicates with the project team as changes are made. Basic reporting is almost trivial - I create reports and extracts for people while they wait. We can schedule reports and automate the communication of critical information. It also provides the project structure we need to model our portfolios, programs, and projects - that helps us keep clear lines of responsibility in projects.

Cons

It is not the strongest role-based infinite capacity planner I've seen. It does a great job of user utilization analysis, but not role-based capacity planning. There are also some data objects that cannot be reported on, which just means we have to get creative.

Michael F.

• Customer Support Software

Workfront offers incredible flexibility and reporting

Reviewed on 28/09/2015

Pros

I absolutely love the user interface and the ability to customize layouts to display exactly the information my users need to get their work done efficiently. Allowing field editing inside views and dashboards is pure genius. Creating custom forms is easy and gives me the flexibility to collect all of the information needed for tasks, issues, projects, requests, etc., and the ability to update these as my company evolves. Reporting is very powerful and we are now using charts and graphs to quickly identify projects and tasks that need attention.

Customer support and other services like training, webinars, consulting, user forums, etc. are all top rate. LEAP 2015 was truly impressive and I highly recommend attending LEAP 2016 (I know I'm looking forward to it!)

Cons

Nothing major comes to mind. There were a few UI-related features that I felt were missing, but the most important ones (to me) have been addressed. Occasionally there are some minor bugs after a software upgrade, but they are always fixed very quickly.

Richard H.
  • Industry: Food Production

workfront review

Reviewed on 04/06/2019

We've found the tool to be very good, (with some weaknesses - see above). Support to date has been variable - delays responding at times but overall we feel a positive experience

Pros

the fact that i can configure the out of the box tool to manage my bespoke business process

its relatively intuitive for new users to grasp

ongoing development of functionality. it feels like workfront are ambitious but not too big to stop listening to the customers

the fact that reviewer licences are free but give some basic functionailty. if we had to pay for all licences it would put us off and limit the scope of the tool

Cons

Document management - its a real weakness of workfront that documents cannot be edited in location and saved down. dowloading, editiing, saving then uploading is very long winded and a barrier to adoption. particularly for those people who use sharepoint.

searchability in updates - poor. i can't search / filter messages by subject/user... etc

I still feel the reporting is a bit limited and old school (pie charts/bar charts) - we expect more options these days and still therefore have to export data into excel at times to generate different kinds of reports

• Industry: Telecommunications

• Customer Support Software

Perfect if you have resources to support and maintain it.

Reviewed on 08/05/2019

Pros

Workfront is easily the most robust cloud based project collaboration software on the market. It is capable of supporting medium, large, and enterprise businesses in a way that can be tailored uniquely to each of your teams, providing each of them a custom experience to streamline the entry and tracking of their work.

Cons

Although you can use it "out of the box," to fully take advantage of its features requires the support of an implementation consultant. And, if you have a user base of 100 or more users, requires at *least* a part time admin and most likely a full time admin to keep it optimized and running smoothly. That's not so much a con, but something that customers don't consider until after they've already invested in the software and can be an unplanned expense when adopting Workfront.

Michel M.

WF Review - great

Reviewed on 04/06/2019

PMO, managing hours and expenses on projects and a way to centrally have the information

Pros

Integrated solution, simplicity for basic user, support

Cons

Test mode, so difficult and not for eveyone, so if you want to bring the solution further is is challenging

J. alan G.

One stop shop

Reviewed on 03/06/2019

Pros

The ability for different personas to have customized experiences, engaging the system through other systems (email, etc) via integrations

Cons

Lack of extensive branding options, for enterprise clients

Workfront for Creative Agencies

Reviewed on 14/11/2018

Overall, this is fantastic PM software. It's extremely useful and is great for larger, more complex agencies that deal with detailed financial reporting. It's also good for a company where employees are remote or stationed across the country.

Pros

This software is diverse and extremely extensive. If you are looking for a system that can accurately allocate time to a project, then this is for your company! The system integrates designers availability into each project so you can accurately see who on your team has available to work on a project.

The PM software is also ideal for organizing financials. You can create an estimate using this software by adding in the amount of hours you think a project will take. Then depending on whose hours you are quoting, the system will pull an accurate financial estimate for you. For example, if you mechanical designer bills at a rate of $100 per hour and you quote 2 hours of work, the system will recognize their pay scale and estimate that the project will cost $200.

Cons

The software isn't the most intuitive. There are a lot of nuances that are involved in this software. It's extremely complex and there are times that creatives specifically are turned away from the software because it feels like more effort than it's worth to learn how to use it.

If you aren't using this to track your time, then I think there are other PM softwares that would be more useful for you creative agency to utilize.

Wendy H.

• Customer Support Software

Workfront has been a tremendous asset to our team.

Reviewed on 08/09/2015

Pros

This product has saved me from having to keep track of a bunch of different spreadsheets and managing requests via email, which would be absolutely impossible now with the hundreds of projects we manage. After a few years of using it, I can't imagine living without it. It's very easy to bring on new staff, which is great. I like that the team is constantly improving and making resources/features better.

The folks at the Workfront team are excellent - we've enjoyed working with all of them and appreciated being part of the Leap conference this year, which was a terrific experience all around. It reinforced that we made the right choice.

Cons

Since I'm not very technical, the reporting is a bit of a challenge for me and I don't have as much time as I'd like to spend on that, but I do see that it has improved tremendously since we started using Workfront (AtTask) several years ago. I think I'd face that same challenge with any vendor.

Lindsay P.

Project Management - customized the way you want it

Reviewed on 08/05/2019

Our implementation was very successful, however we did not make the business case at the time to have the appropriate staff to keep up with change management and we are now in a situation where we need to completely re-architect from the ground up.

Pros

Workfront has a ton of out of the box features that can be customized for any type of business or work. Custom fields allow you to intake and report on the data that's relevant for you organization.
Workfront also had a plethora of integration opportunities allowing you to connect to the other systems that are already a part of your company's tech stack.

Cons

Some of the processes could be more streamlined within the tool as opposed to having to integrate with other platforms.

• Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

It's Not Too Bad

Reviewed on 14/03/2019

I've only used this as a ticketing system to keep up with requests. I'm not in project management but my company does use it to keep up with controlling the progress of each project. I like that the admin can add and edit customized dropdowns for us and you can pick what team can see your projects or tickets.

I'm not a fan of how visible certain projects are to certain people depending on the type of user (see Cons comments). Also some users have mentioned that if you know the ticket number, sometimes it doesn't come up in the search unless if you have a link to the page or if you know key words in the project name.

Workfront looks nice and has some good functions, but I think we're heavy users and easily found the flaw quickly. The mobile app is nice for when you're off-site but we rarely use it.

Pros

You can tag others who need to see the project, you can look up projects by search or name, and it's a handy reporting tool on progress. Workfront looks nice, can be accessed through a browser and has a mobile app.

Cons

You get too many or not enough notifications. Notifications can get out of control so you try to set it to where you see certain ones. If you tag whole teams you may not receive those notifications at all. From what our administrators tell us, it depends on the license they give us (unclear if this is a money issue).

Marty G.

Highly flexible product for Project Management

Reviewed on 12/04/2017

Workfront has come a LONG way in the last 3 years. If you saw it before and havent looked recently, take another look. The tool is a great place to call your single source of truth. By configuring to your needs, you can make it easy for your people to keep their data up-to-date.

While the basics are great, and some extensions are really nice, it provides only rudimentary capability to track business value of the projects. For that, you'll probably need to go offline or create additional custom data elements.

Pros

Highly flexible. Easy to navigate. Love the ability to easily provide a customized front end for groups of users via the layout templates. On top of all that, the training and support is excellent!

Cons

Limited capability to track planned and actual benefits.

Brandon H.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Easy Project management and workflow

Reviewed on 02/01/2019

Pros

I loved the openness of the platform. Had a solid API to integrate with other components within our department.

The ease of use was critical to user adoption by our group. One training session and the use base was off and running and updated.

Dashboard and reporting were exactly what executive stakeholders needed to see and enriched our status meetings

Cons

What i liked least was the integration it was kind of trial by fire. At the time workfront wasnt assistting in any integrations, but for our company to inregrate we had to learn some new code but once we figured it, it became a foundation to build other integrations.