Bill4Time

Cloud-based time billing software

4.7 /5 (128 reviews) Write a Review!
4.6
Jason H.
Industry: Law Practice

Clean, easy to use billing software

Reviewed on 05/10/2017

Its a billing program and is extremely effective at billing. I find no "cons" when comparing to other billing programs I've looked at. I'd love more practice management functionality--but I don't see that as the main purpose/use of this program.

Pros

The program is clean, simple, and available anywhere through the web and various applications for mobile devices. New users are easy to setup and manage. Reporting functions are easy to manage. Downtime is a non-issue. Reports are easy to run and provide the information we need to keep a pulse on our firm's billings, collections, and associated compensation models. There are also easy reports to provide for accountability of time keepers. Invoicing is easy as well and so is receiving payments. We also use the trust accounting functionality which helps us keep on top of retainers. Another popular billing program we looked at tried to charge us about 5 times the cost of our average user, merely because one report regarding collections was critical to our internal compensation model. We've used Bill4Time for our billing needs for over 5 years, and many of our attorneys used it before we formed our firm. Its solid, simple, and easy to use.

Industry: Computer Software

Great, easy to use software, simple invoicing

Reviewed on 15/07/2020

Great, very easy to use

Pros

The dashboard simplifies tracking and time entry. Invoicing is simple and I like the multiple ways to reconcile payment.

Cons

The price is a little steep for a small company, but the functionality is great!

Sharon L.

Great Billing Software

Reviewed on 09/01/2021

Great product and great customer service.

Pros

Setting up clients and matters is very simple to do, and it requires minimal steps and provides maximum flexibility. The time and expense entry, reporting, invoicing, and accounting features are all easy to use. It also includes a conflicts check feature which searches across multiple fields so is comprehensive. The simplicity and flexibility of the software is what we love. Customer and technical support is exceptional.

Cons

There are no "cons" to the software that we have experienced.

Kathleen C.

Tech with a Human Touch

Reviewed on 02/06/2020

A colleague recommended Bill 4 Time to me many years ago. Since then, I've recommended it to every lawyer I know. It's easy to use, completely customizable, inexpensive and if you have a problem, there's always a human available to help. Billing is a breeze every month with this program. I love it!

Pros

It's very easy to learn and it's inexpensive for the service you get

Cons

I wish that I could list matters that I'm working on according to both the client and the matter instead of just the client. Sometimes I have two or 3 different matters open for the same client, but I can't tell at a glance which entry is the one I want to work on next.

Teresa G.

Great Application and Simple for Billing

Reviewed on 06/10/2020

Never had issues.

Pros

It is user friendly, the support at B4T go above and beyond. Easy to use, not complicated any single user can use without difficulty.

Cons

I would like to be able to attach documents to the time entries.

Gonzalo A.

Cost - benefit best alternative

Reviewed on 13/04/2020

Very good

Pros

Easy to use, intuitive alternative and the best alternative from a cost-benefit analysis.

Cons

The iPhone app.

Aldo M.

Very good software

Reviewed on 06/07/2020

Ease of recording times.

Pros

Easy to use. Very good costumer service.

Cons

Integration with other apps for invoicing. Spanish version.

Norm R.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Great Time and Billing Program in the World!

Reviewed on 20/05/2020

I've used it for several years and I depend on it implicitly. My business is 100% time-billed. This keeps me organized and I make certain every client pays what they should for our work - no less, no more. It takes the guessing out of my business. My clients like the invoices too (except the total amount due :)

Pros

Ease of use. Easily customizable. Mobile or desktop. Accurate. It makes certain I don't "lose" any time during the day. Time is money!

Cons

I haven't found anything that is not there that I need. It's great.

Harris P.

Bill 4 Time

Reviewed on 07/10/2020

Our firm has had a great experience with Bill4Time. It makes our billing and invoicing process much simpler and less time consuming.

Pros

Bill4Time was extremely easy to implement to our law firm. The software makes it extremely easy to enter time from any place, whether it be in the office or on the beach. Creating invoices is also simple as is the ability to send them directly from the software.

Cons

Sometime the link between the program and the invoice takes a number of tries to work.

Jim K.

Solo practice attorney - Very satisfied user

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I have recommended Bill4Time to other solos and small practice firms, and everyone who followed my recommendation thanked me. It is not an exaggeration to say that this program pays for itself.

Pros

Bill4Time has a great web-interface. It conquers the difficult challenge of making it very easy to capture your time while remaining very flexible for a wide range of user preferences without complicating.

Cons

I think the trust accounting could be a bit easier, but overall this is a very minor criticism of a great product.

Mark N.
Industry: Law Practice

Have Bill4Time, Will Travel. And Invoice.

Reviewed on 05/05/2020

Catching time on the fly

Pros

Mobility is very handy. There is a considerable ability to make reports

Cons

Occasionally it takes a minute to catch up on the mobile device. I do have trouble getting invoicing to go smoothly. There are a lot of variables and a set system sequence to arrive at getting the payments applied to the right matter and getting the invoice finalized. The intuitiveness is there, but there is quite a lot to be intuitive about- many settings.

Stefanie B.

attorney

Reviewed on 04/08/2020

Very positive

Pros

Very user friendly and if there was a problem with generating a bill, the staff was very diligent in helping me solve the problem.

Cons

I think the price could be a bit lower.

Amber C.

Bill4Time Review

Reviewed on 07/12/2020

Wonderful experience. I have referred this product to other attorneys.

Pros

The product is easy to use, right from the beginning.

Cons

I haven't ran across any problems thus far.

Tim K.

Robust Product, Strong Customer Support, Full Features Pricey for Small Firms

Reviewed on 17/07/2020

Pros

As a relatively new user, I find their entry level product is feature-rich, robust, and mostly intuitive but it does have a significant learning curve to it--which is where their strong customer support thus far has proven extremely helpful. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been friendly, patient and knowledgeable with strong follow up--I never feel like I'm using bandwidth I don't have to spare chasing someone for help.

Cons

Ability to split bills between clients without a "workaround" would be helpful. Getting some of the full "custom" features like invoice templates, reports, and data available at an enterprise level is pricey for small firms. It would be very nice to have an intermediate tier or á la carte options available so as not to price us out from features we could benefit from without simultaneously paying for unnecessary features we will never use.

Yuhi K.
Industry: Legal Services

Bill4Time has been a godsend for our law firm. It's very easy to use, has a lot of great features, and is affordable.

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Excellent customer support - someone who answers! Very easy to use, and has a lot of great features.

Cons

Some features that should are missing, but not deal breakers. Other than that, it's been awesome for our firm.

Dillon J.

Small office billing support

Reviewed on 06/08/2020

None except as stated.

Pros

The entry and billing functions are relatively easy to learn and customer support is outstanding.

Cons

Some of the functions in the invoicing, statements and the accounting are somewhat difficult for me but with customer support I have solved my issues readily

Alan F.

Great product and support

Reviewed on 24/09/2020

Awesome. It works and the support is great for transition and any other in stream issues

Pros

we transitioned from a competitor server based product that was unwieldy, expensive, buggy and required an outside consultant

Cons

no cons in our usage or transition from our server based predecessor.

Steven B.

Excellent DTE and billing system for solo practitioner. Very easy to use.

Reviewed on 05/10/2017

Pros

Simple functionality in recording time and preparing bills. It's also easy to track time and WIP. I've rarely had to use customer support, but they were prompt and helpful when I did.

Cons

It could use one more bell and whistle, in allowing the user to more easily track unbilled time in the system by client or client matter.

Ashley B.

User friendly and affordable. Excellent for a solo practitioner.

Reviewed on 21/05/2018

Pros

The software is user friendly and affordable. I liked the variety of plans based on number of users.

Cons

I found it challenging to modify an invoice after finalizing it, which I occasionally wanted to do. Had to start over.

Giana O.

I am a 2-lawyer, 3-staff office and find Bill4Time easy for all of us (young and old) to use.

Reviewed on 05/10/2017

Pros

Web interface, app for adding time while not in front of a computer. I have found the customer support responsive and helpful. Youtube videos on use of product are very convenient and comprehensive.

Cons

I cannot think of anything I do not like about the software. I wish it were easier to insert multiple billing rates for the same client (e.g., bill one rate for work and another rate for travel). I think this can be done, I just haven't figured it out yet.

Cynthia J.
Industry: Mental Health Care
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

This product is new to me, but it is very efficient, time saving method to manage my time records.

Reviewed on 08/05/2020

I can use this software to compare the billing I have to put in another system which is not so flexible with making corrections.

Pros

It very east to acclimate to the application.

Cons

I haven't found any dislikes yet, I am into my 3rd month of using the software.

Simon R.

Amazing for our firm

Reviewed on 21/02/2017

Bill4time has been an amazing life changer for our business. it allows us to track all of the work we do for clients, the various billing rates for hourly/flat fee work across all associates, and most of all, it makes our monthly billing process (which used to be a nightmare) much simpler, getting our bills our on time and saving us hours each month in administrative work.

Their support team has been amazing and helped us through the entire setup and learning process.

Sherry C.

Great customer support

Reviewed on 06/08/2020

The folks who work in customer support are always ready to help. I'm not a computer wizard and they know how to help you without making you feel like a complete idiot !

Pros

Customer support is great. I usually have an answer very shortly after I send an inquiry.

Also, I used Timeslips for years and I love how much more flexible this program is.

Cons

I don't like that I HAVE to have a matter and a client. I would prefer to have a choice to only have a client.

Ashton C.
Industry: Construction

Bill4Time was the perfect solution for my company

Reviewed on 03/11/2020

When my business started up I was tracking time with a spreadsheet. Creating invoices became an all-day project. Now my bookkeeper can do batch invoices essentially with a touch of a button and the printer spits out 30 to 50 invoices each time we do billing. Tracking my client's projects is easy and I'm not missing any billable time. Incidentally, I can change any project to a flat fee rate with ease. Early on I needed a lot of help with the software and called the support staff who were very helpful and took the time to show me what I needed. Even now that I've been using the software for a few years the support people are easy to reach and are just as helpful. I feel that is so important to be able to reach an actual person who can help you.

Pros

My company has over 150 clients each of which has numerous projects. As my company grew it became more difficult to manage the growing number of clients and track the time spent on each project. Therefore billing my clients became a more difficult and time-consuming process. This product handles mass invoicing which allows me to invoice more often and also track receivables and payments. I especially like that when I have to call for support I actually reach a human who can help me.

Cons

I can't really think of anything that I dislike about the product. Most issues can be resolved with a phone call to support.

Myron B.

Mac user

Reviewed on 30/11/2020

Excellent.

Pros

Works with Mac. Easy to setup and use. Works well with remote timekeepers. Never had an error or problem with this billing software after 5+ years. Great customer service to answer questions about features.

Cons

Nothing. Works great. No problems to report.