Timesheets.com

Time Tracking for Payroll and Billing

4.7 /5 (675 reviews) Write a Review!
4.7
4.7
4.5
4.6
4.8
Suzanne C.
Industry: Accounting
Company size: Self Employed

Perfect for tracking your time for various clients, including interuptions.

Reviewed on 31/12/2020

Excellent product and training was perfect.

Pros

To be able to track time with timer and simultaneously pausing for interuptions like phone calls or emails

Cons

Nothing yet. Perhaps I will find something lacking eventually, but not yet.

Robbin t H.
Industry: Warehousing

MORE SMOOTHLY RUN BUSINESS WITH THE BEST SUPPORT

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 09/04/2019

Pros

We have been using Timesheets.com for at least seven years now. I spent a lot of time shopping around and then had a chance to spend some time talking to Joel on the phone who is the owner. He was so helpful and patient with me so I decided to give them a try. I especially wanted an internet based timesheet program where my staff could post hours, and then our accountants could log in and get the hours twice a month to process payroll, without my involvement as the owner. It runs by itself, and the people who need to use it can do their thing without bothering me. What I like most about this service is that: 1. The customer service is some of the best I have ever seen. If I ever have any problems they are always there to help me and I normally don't have to wait at all. You can tell this is a service oriented business and they care about always making sure their customers have any kind of support that they need. 2. Another feature I really appreciate is that you can set the program so that your staff can't sign in earlier than they are supposed to, and that has been an issue at our place from time to time.

To summarize I would say that this program is an example of how technology can make your life and business run more smoothly, while having the best service and support at the same time from real, intelligent and helpful people who care. I highly recommend Timesheets.com to anyone who is looking for a good, solid timesheet program to use for their business.

Cons

I can't really think if anything offhand, but I also don't use the program myself.

Scott L.
Industry: Management Consulting

Great for Government Contractors

Reviewed on 02/01/2020

Customer support is very responsive, and you can reach them through either a phone number or chat box that are both easy to find on the page.

Pros

Very few products meet the government DCAA requirements for time tracking, but Timesheets.com does. There are some very expensive options that might be appropriate for large companies, but for a small (<10 employees) company, those options are not acceptable. Timesheets.com is affordable for a small business and has the features needed for government contracting. The user interface is fairly easy to learn. Employees can enter their time either from a laptop or their mobile device, which is convenient. Some websites that review these tools say Timesheets.com has no "app", which creates the false impression that you can't use it on your phone...you can use it on your phone by pointing your browser to the www.timesheets.com website, which has a layout set up for mobile devices.

Cons

As a government contractor in a project-based work environment, the tools for setting up a project Work Breakdown Structure with multiple levels are fairly limited. The tools are good enough for a small business with project structures that are relatively small and simple, but are too limited for complex projects with a complicated WBS structure. I wish Timesheets.com would upgrade those tools.

Amy B.

Overall, Timesheets.com has been a great solution for our company.

Reviewed on 23/01/2018

Pros

I like the fact that I can run any reports I need, based on whichever variables I choose. I also like that I can set cost and bill rates for each person, and for each project. That flexibility is important in a consulting environment.

Cons

I would really like the ability to copy profiles or create profile templates for setting up new users. It's tedious going through each new user profile to set all the parameters and permissions, when they are the same as many existing users.

I would also like to be able to give supervisors access to view specific employees, even if they are not under their direct chain of command. Or for them to be able to view all hours entered for a specific project. (Often, the person managing a project is not necessarily the supervisor for all employees on the project. But they still need to see all hours entered for that project.)

Annie D.
Industry: Construction

Amazing Product

Reviewed on 14/03/2019

I would recommend Timesheets to anyone and everyone. It is the best time tracking software out there and integrates beautifully with QuickBooks. Solved my problems wonderfully and is much cheaper than the other software options out there!

Pros

Timesheets is easy to use, it integrates smoothly with QuickBooks; It is inexpensive. It has all the features I need - including mileage and expenses without charging me extra fees unlike other popular and similarly named software. And when I needed mods, they were quick to add them. Their customer service is outstanding! They were with me every step of the way installing and making sure that integration was smooth and seamless. They ran through my first couple of payrolls to ensure everything worked perfectly. They followed up with emails and phone calls as needed to make sure that everything was working smoothly. My team has never had any issue using Timesheets. It is simple to use on any device, from anywhere.

Cons

The only thing I would wish for if I could have a wish is maybe a few more reports or that I could customize some reports. That's it. Otherwise I think it's perfect.

Stacey G.
Industry: Insurance

Simple, Straight-Forward Product with Great Customer Service

Reviewed on 23/04/2019

Overall, Timesheets.com allows us to track our employees time in a simple, but effective format. And while they may not have all of the bells and whistles of some of the newer time clock software options out there, they do have unparalleled customer support. We have tried others and trust me the added features without the support only equal added headaches. We're glad we're using Timesheets.com.

Pros

The customer service is top notch. The team does not make you feel like an idiot if you don't know simple tasks and they don't put you on hold for an hour if you have more complicated questions. You get straight-forward service whether that is assistance with a real person through the chat bot or more hand -holding service on the phone. Additionally the product itself is simple. While there isn't an app, it's very easy for the team to clock in and out and edit time as needed as well in the browser. They can enter their own PTO requests and I can view them individually or in the calendar mode to compare against who else will be out that day.

Cons

There is no app and it doesn't integrate directly with the payroll service.

Laurie I.
Industry: Writing & Editing

Intuitive software that doesn't require a lot of instructions for me (or my staff) to use.

Reviewed on 28/06/2017

I complete payroll and track employee/contractor volumes by form reviewed.

Pros

I like that there is always help when I do need it. Very problem-solving oriented support team! I have only positive experiences every time I have either a simple or complex question. They take the time to try and understand my business and the underlying goal that I'm trying to accomplish.

Cons

The only thing I don't love is that we use the supervisor feature so that our contractors can see their rates per piece - but that leaves me a little vulnerable. Since they are input as supervisors, they can also change the rates on me. I bet we are unique in requiring this feature for non-supervisors, however.

Taku C.
Industry: Medical Practice

Great service!

Reviewed on 04/02/2020

Excellent!

Pros

Great customer service and great product!

Cons

The only thing I would add is a more robust and easier to use scheduling module.

Julie F.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

This system is exactly what we needed

Reviewed on 18/02/2017

Our company started using Timesheets.com when some labor laws changed and we needed a better way to track time. From the beginning the program has been easy to set up and easy to use. Our employees like being able to quickly clock-in and clock-out, enter their expenses into the system so that they don't lose receipts, and they can monitor their paid time off balances in real time. I love the reporting functionality - there are so many reports that you can run! And the customer service has been fantastic. I needed help making some company-wide changes to our system and got a personal phone call with details on how to do it! I've recommended Timesheets.com to several other companies and I continue to be pleased and impressed with the program.

Pros

great to have the audit trail so we can see if users have changed their entries; lots of flexibility and customization; easy to use for employees; great reporting features; the program can grow with us - we don't use all of the features yet but maybe we will someday;

Cayla B.
Industry: Law Practice

As an hourly employee, this is so easy!

Reviewed on 07/06/2018

Pros

I like that every employee is held accountable to clock in and out of work. It is an extremely easy-to-use and functional software that helps the finance department to accurately pay the employees every two weeks. I also like that we can add mileage and review our statements, as well as adding in paid time off, holidays, and sick time.

Cons

Everyone is held to a moral standard, so everyone is inputting their own hours. Unfortunately there is no other way of knowing whether or not a person inputted the correct hours.

Eileen Z.
Industry: Education Management

Excellent time tracking even for complex system

Reviewed on 13/06/2017

Our company is able to clock in/out nearly 100 employees throughout several states, including lunch breaks, and breaks in time due to AM/PM shifts with ease and accuracy. The implementation to import it to our payroll system due to the seemingly endless codes we have to apply to all of our staff and location, allows us to track and budget each location we have.

Pros

The online tracking, reporting and upload availability to our payroll system makes processing payroll more accurately.

Cons

Trying to uncover or find some functions that aren't utilized often is time consuming - BUT - their customer support is terrific!!

Branan W.
Industry: Design

Outstanding company with over the top support!!!

Reviewed on 17/05/2018

Time tracking for projects and clients for my team.

Pros

The software is VERY easy to use. When I have questions on how to create a report or change something, the chat support is SUPER fast and very helpful. I have NEVER had anyone there say they didn't know how to fix something. I even has a tech call me, while on chat, to expedite the edit to my account. Really remarkable how fast and how helpful they are all. My experience has been outstanding.

Cons

Nothing negative to say really. There are some things that don't really come easy with logic, but the support helps smooth those little things over very easily.

Miriam B.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Great online time-clock

Reviewed on 09/01/2019

I really like this software. It's easy to set up and use (customizable for each employee), facilitates communication about timeclock exceptions between the employees and employer, generates useful reports and is good value for the money!

Pros

User friendly, you can restrict the computer locations where employees can clock in/out (ie: they have to actually be at work!), employees can make notes if they need to make an exception, tracks PTO time, generates useful reports (especially for payroll), great customer support.

Cons

A bit hard to understand/resolve overlapping time clock errors

Holly D.
Industry: Publishing

Perfect for Small Business Owners!!

Reviewed on 25/10/2019

Timesheets has been a godsend! All of my employees work from home and this is a much more professional way than them just emailing me their hours, which is what I used to have them do.

Pros

As a business owner with employees who work from home, keeping track of time is a difficult task. Timesheets makes it incredibly easy to track attendance and days off.

Cons

There have been a handful of times over the past year that there was a glitch and a day got erased for one of my employees. While this is frustrating, customer service was extremely helpful and fixed the problems quickly.

Frank M.
Industry: Legal Services

Using Timesheets in a Small Company

Reviewed on 22/10/2020

I am satisfied with my overall experience with Timesheets. I received the help I needed in a prompt and professional manner. I appreciated the responsiveness and the patience of the customer support representatives in getting me through the initial setup and basic procedures, and without making me feel incompetent.

Pros

Simplicity. I was looking for a way to track my time when I need to bill-by-the-hour. As an independent trustee, approximately 2/3s of my income was earned on a project or annual retainer basis. Over the last six months, that has decreased, and hourly billing work has increased. Being a bit older, I am not a tech-guy, and I just wanted a straight-forward way to keep and store my billable time accurately. The Timesheets application has provided the solution for that I was looking for.

Cons

The program is feature rich and capable of supporting large companies, with a lot requirements than I need in my two-person practice. During the initial set up, I was challenged to sort through all of the features and options that I did not need, in order to find the ones I did need.

Irene P.
Industry: Medical Practice

Easy to use. Have not taken the time yet to explore all features like attendance tracking, etc.

Reviewed on 15/01/2018

very easy to verify employees time, any time I'd like to.
easy to monitor overtime.
Easy to look for trends in attendance

Pros

Easy to use, easy to understand, all information can easily be viewed. Adjustments can be made with ease. Customer service has been very helpful and responsive when I've had questions.

Cons

Time displays as hours and tenths of hours but entries are made in hours and minutes. Causes confusion for users.

Industry: Financial Services

Impressive!

Reviewed on 01/10/2018

I'm working in some sort of a call center, so there is a lot of phone calls and emails, we are tracking time and see how much actually we spent time on that, it's good for organizing also.

Pros

Company where I'm working is satisfied with a services from Timesheets.com. Easy for using and customer service has never been better. Simply awesome.

Cons

Nothing, If I had to say one thing, then it has to be better looking, but that's it.

Andrea S.

Fits my needs perfectly

Reviewed on 09/01/2018

I am able to track time for each my clients and print monthly reports.

Pros

I like that I am able to track all of my client projects and provide them with a report each month of my time spent and since I am a sole proprietor, the fact that the software is free is a huge plus.

Cons

The only con I can think of is when I print a report, it cuts off my customer notes and doesn't include everything.

Albert P.
Industry: Law Practice

Customer support is good

Reviewed on 18/02/2019

Perfect for my small business. Easy to use, great reports - perfect. And to make it even better, if everyone provides customer service like them, I'll be a customer for life. Thanks!

Pros

Easy to use, great customer service. He is very knowledgable and helpful. Reports are very helpful. Competitively priced.

Cons

Can't think of anything I don't like. Software works well for my small company.

Pamela J.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Everything you need plus excellent customer service!

Reviewed on 24/01/2017

We implemented Timesheets.com about 9 months ago, and have been lucky enough to add 7 employees during this period. Timesheets.com provides our employees with an easy way to track time and expenses and request PTO, and our supervisors are able to easily create, review and approve reports. The QuickBooks integration is also excellent. But by far the best feature of Timesheets.com is the availability and quality of customer service. During implementation and as our company changes and grows, I've had many occasions to use the Support Chat feature. All of my questions were answered quickly and many times via a phone call from a Timesheets.com support technician. I have recommended this product many times, and will continue to do so - excellent!

Pros

The product is easy for our remote staff to use, which is key. Superior customer service!!

Judi R.

timesheets works great for us and they are always available to help out with questions etc.

Reviewed on 29/01/2018

Pros

I like that everything is timestamped, the multiple reports you can run to keep track of everything are very convenient. easy to watch staff hours and to make corrections.

Cons

there is no app to use; having to double check whether signed in or out due to timesheets timing out; the clockin screen is mobile friendly but the rest of the website is not mobile.

Industry: Philanthropy

Great tool for keeping tabs on time - especially if you are billing clients

Reviewed on 01/08/2018

Timesheets.com really helps us track hourly performance and assign those hours to clients.

Pros

Timesheets.com is pretty straightforward. There are reports that cover every use of the data. We found it fairly inexpensive relative to how much we use it

Cons

Hard to really pinpoint something specific. Timesheets.com operates exactly like you imagine a timesheet online would!

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Krystal S.

Overal good experience using Timesheets.

Reviewed on 25/01/2018

Pros

I like that I can easily clock in and out and see who else is clocked in. I also like being able to add pay period start and end dates to the schedule.

Cons

That I can not see each pay period for each employee broken down. For example, if I wanted to see how many hours an employee worked the past two weeks I have to add them manually. I would love to be able to select dates and get the hours worked that way. Also, the layout is hard to use on phones, especially when trying to create a work schedule for staff.

Industry: Telecommunications
Company size: 10,000+ Employees

Used for team members attendence

Reviewed on 02/04/2020

very good for all business types and its suits all type of works

Pros

its very simple and lite application to be used for daily business work and its good for reporting and monitoring team members attendance in my work

Cons

its doesnt have mobile application version that can add more benefits and would be easier and faster

Erica S.
Industry: Accounting

its a great tool for my staff.

Reviewed on 24/01/2018

My employees used to give me handwritten timecards. I have offices in different locations so I was not able to physically see if they were late. It has helped me see what times they are actually getting to the office.

Pros

The software is easy to use for my employees. it keeps track of their hours and I have easy access from whatever location.

Cons

I don't have complete control of my employees logging in from outside of the office. I am not sure if I am using the software correctly when it comes to that or not looking at the right information.