Sage 50cloud Accounting Reviews

Sage 50cloud Accounting

Cloud-connected accounting solution for small business

3.5/5

• Industry: Financial Services Software
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Super Integrated Cloud Accounting and Finance app

Reviewed on 15/01/2022

I found this accounting software to be very useful mainly to small and medium size companies and to a limited extent, to some large companies. It performs all the basic accounting functions relating to accounts receivables and accounts payables, inventory management, cash management and budgeting and compiling and producing financial statements.

Pros

1. Sage 50c offers user friendly navigation tools such as the menu bar, the tool bar, system navigation and
function and shortcut keys.
2. The software has cloud storage
3. A user can easily create and setup a new company using the Auto Setup facility
4. One can also easily create and edit general ledger accounts, inventory categories/items, supplier and
customer accounts, among others.
5. A user can easily import/export data from other sources. This saves a lot of time.
6. The software is integrated with other apps, for example, Microsoft emails and excel

Cons

1. Sage 50c requires proper and adequate training. The training is expensive
2. On average, it is expensive to buy this accounting package.
3. The integration with other apps (accounting and non-accounting) is still limited.
4. Sage 50c does not run on some operating systems, for example, windows NT.

martinho
  • Industry: Executive Office

• Customer Support Software

I have been using the sage billing system for several years. I recommend

Reviewed on 15/02/2020

It is software that has been with me daily for several years, I'm already in tune with the program, the experience is fantastic

Pros

Very intuitive, easy to perform everyday tasks , Has very important sales charts, In the main frame we have all the necessary information, we don't need to go around opening several menus.

Cons

In my case, I cannot reconcile with my accountant , It is not easy to layout invoices is not a very easy process

Oracle Primavera Cloud

Reasons for Choosing Sage 50cloud Accounting

It was more expensive and was not as intuitive as sage.

Oracle Primavera Cloud

Reasons for Switching to Sage 50cloud Accounting

For the price, and the test I did was very easy, the menus are easy to learn. excellent software
  • Industry: Environmental Services

• Customer Support Software

Please stay away for your own sanity.

Reviewed on 14/08/2023

Horrific experience. Data integrity is not something they concern themselves with in their software. Our files got corrupted. They couldn't tell us how or why and told us some third party data repair people to contact. I don't believe they have anyone left who actually understands the code of their software. Their data repair team is one person and he could not solve it. I was in utter disbelief that after not being able to fix our data that they told us to try some third parties. So you risk losing your company data using this software. We can't generate legitimate income statements or balance sheets anymore and are having to switch to a new provider.

Pros

The software is pretty easy and intuitive and would be good if it worked, but it fundamentally does not work. Not like it doesn't work for us, it just doesn't work and they can't tell us why. By not work, I mean scenarios like you enter a purchase invoice for inventory and the inventory number doesn't go up by the amount you bought and then the program adjusts starting inventory values (from 15 years ago) on the fly.

Cons

It is not remote capable like it says. Our files get corrupted constantly and they blame it on the cloud computing. We have corruptions that no one at sage knows how to fix and they don't continue to fix it. They have no problem leaving a small business dangling and had the audacity to refer us to a third party. They don't have any recommendations or help on how to avoid corruptions. They don't have any utilities to help fix the corruptions we have. Their solution is to usually restore from a backup, but they don't have anyway to download and re-upload transactions from the period between the backup and current so you have to print off all your old transactions and then re-enter them. In the cases where they do manage to fix a corrupted file, they charge you for that "privilege". The software also doesn't necessarily keep debits and credits in balance. They're posted solution for this are some custom admin transactions to force balance, rather than find the source of their own non-double entry errors. If for example the accounts receivable ledger doesn't match the sum of the customer sub-ledgers, they don't have a way to see what their program got wrong, they tell you to do an adjusting force balance entry. Same goes for inventory and accounts payable. It may be related to our unsolvable data corruption issues, but again, they don't have a solution for the underlying missed transaction - they say to ignore it and force the books to balance.

Warren
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Sage Accounts - The complete solution

Reviewed on 12/12/2022

We have used Sage for years, and have no intention of moving. We're used to it's GUI and it just works.

Pros

There's so much to like. The interface, although hasn't changed for a number of years, is incredibly easy to use. The screens are quick to move around, and the support, should you need it, is awesome. Really friendly guys on the phone and sympathetic.

Cons

The fact that there isn't a mobile App is disappointing. We have also found that the latest Windows builds are incredibly heavy on the CPU and RAM, which makes for older PCs to be a problem.

Xero

Reasons for Choosing Sage 50cloud Accounting

Our accountant recommended it as she uses it with all her clients.

QuickBooks Desktop Pro and Zoho Desk

Reasons for Switching to Sage 50cloud Accounting

The support which our accountant is able to offer us as she uses it, was the main reason.
Lee
  • Industry: Wholesale

• Customer Support Software

Utilizing Sage for a small supply company

Reviewed on 23/10/2023

We have had a positive experience with Sage and plan to continue using the product. I know a lot of people compare it to Quick Books, but in my experience I find Sage much more user friendly and doest tend to crash out of no where.

Pros

Sage makes it incredibly easy to set up new customers, new vendors, and new products. In as little as 5 min I can have a new product set up, have a new customer set up, and have a quote emailed over to them with an estimated cost.

Cons

The only area we struggle on is breaking an items case down. We may purchase a case of an item and sell individually. We had to create our own SOP on how this works in Sage so other people would not mess it up in the system. Once you understand it, it no longer is an issue. Every time someone new is working in the system we have to review all items they set up to ensure they dont make the typical mistakes.

Blake
Blake
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

• Customer Support Software

Good for relatively simple manufacturing businesses

Reviewed on 31/08/2020

Good for the first $5M - $10M of a manufacturing business's life, but not excellent to go beyond that. Do yourself a favor and scale your software up as your business grows.

Pros

Anybody who has used any other accounting software packages will instantly understand Sage 50. It does what it's supposed to -- you can track money in, money out, and all via accrual accouting.

Cons

At a certain point, you outgrow it. If you're a relatively simple manufacturing business with only a couple product lines and a couple manufacturing lines, this works for you. Once you start scaling with multiple locations, cost centers, etc., you'll outgrow it.

Elliot

Sage50 - A great choice

Reviewed on 21/07/2023

A very positive experience overall. It allows us to easily assist our clients who use the same platform and sharing of data works perfectly. It looks like developments are coming so I think the product will become even stronger.

Pros

Sage is very user friendly and offers all of the options required to operate a small business. The insights provided are excellent and flexibility available is more than adequate.

Cons

It is lacking a little in terms of the add-ons when comparing to other products. Other than that an excellent

Rino
Rino

Sage 50cloud Accounting - a dinosaur

Reviewed on 10/08/2022

A familiar product that has simply not kept up to date with the developments in the industry.

Pros

The product is easy to understand for accountants. It is fairly stable with little data corruption (normally). the reporting and layouts are familiar.

Cons

Few add in apps. The bank feeds hardly ever work and the inability to edit transactions means that journals are required to fix errors, resulting in messy ledgers

Anthony
Anthony
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

• Customer Support Software

The standard in accounting software

Reviewed on 17/11/2022

Overall the experience of using Sage 50cloud Accounting is positive, their support is fantastic and hiring new accounts staff is made easier because most have seen and used Sage software somewhere in their career.

Pros

Generally speaking, Sage 50cloud Accounting is easy to use, assuming you have an accounts background and know where everything is supposed to go. If you have never used Sage software before it will benefit you to take a short online course to learn the basics. It is easy to implement and setup, with no special requirements, and integrates well with our Order Management system, our banking and HMRC.

Cons

I feel like the software really needs to make use of a SQL/No-SQL based database system rather than the flat file-based system that it currently uses. If you are a very small business then you won't notice but we sit just at a level where the next size up of Sage product is too big. Using Sage 50cloud is frustrating once the amount of data reaches a certain size as it causes issues with performance.

Maureen
  • Industry: Accounting Software

Sage 50cloud Accounting provides for an accurate and customizable accounting solution

Reviewed on 16/08/2023

My overall experience of Sage 50cloud Accounting has been positive. To me this software is easy to get into for someone with an accounting background. A lot of the features are intuitive, making the software easy for me to navigate. For small an medium businesses I find this to be an ideal software, that does not overcomplicate accounting processes, and is quite fairly priced.

Pros

As a user of Sage 50cloud Accounting, where I capture and process accounting information of behalf of my client's business, I do appreciate that there are built in compliance controls that ensure common human errors are prevented. In addition, this software does allow for some customization, such as adding logo or unique design to the invoices.

Cons

I do not have any complaints of Sage 50cloud Accounting as an accounting software.

Wilson
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Streamline Your Finances with Sage 50cloud Accounting: A Comprehensive Review

Reviewed on 09/04/2023

Comprehensive accounting features: Sage 50cloud Accounting provides a range of accounting features, including invoicing, financial reporting, budgeting, and cash flow management. This makes it a complete accounting solution for small and medium-sized businesses.Cloud-based accessibility: Sage 50cloud Accounting is a cloud-based solution, which means that businesses can access their accounting data from anywhere, at any time. This allows for more flexibility and collaboration within the organization.Easy-to-use interface: Sage 50cloud Accounting has a user-friendly interface that is easy to navigate, even for those with little accounting experience. The software also includes tutorials and guides to help users get started.Customizable reports: Sage 50cloud Accounting allows users to create custom reports that are tailored to their specific needs. This makes it easier to analyze financial data and make informed decisions.

Pros

Cons

Cost: Sage 50cloud Accounting can be expensive, especially for smaller businesses. The cost may be prohibitive for businesses that are just starting out or have limited budgets.Limited customization: While Sage 50cloud Accounting offers some customization options, it may not be as customizable as other accounting software. This may limit some businesses' ability to tailor the software to their specific needs.Steep learning curve: Sage 50cloud Accounting can be complex, and there may be a learning curve for users who are not familiar with accounting software. The software includes tutorials and guides, but it may take some time to become proficient.Limited support: Some users have reported difficulty getting support from Sage, especially for technical issues. This can be frustrating for users who need assistance with the software.

Terry
  • Industry: Design

Horribly Expensive / Lousy Customer Support

Reviewed on 13/03/2020

They downloaded the cloud version a few years ago. The first thing it did you erase everything, and I lost everything. Thankfully I had a flash drive backup, but it would only work if I purchased the EXPENSIVE version, which locked me into the EXPENSIVE version from then on.

Pros

I have used Sage for at least 20 years, going through I don't know how many name changes. Back when it was on a CD I didn't have a problem at all. At one time I had 2 stores and 8 employees. Now I am semi retired and work alone. It has served me well.

Cons

Some where along the way THEY decided to upgrade me to a higher level version on the Cloud. I don't want the Cloud. But since they upgraded me to a very costly version, there is no way they can downgrade to a simple version. All I want is the simple Traditional version. In January I had to reinstall the software, which I did. My invoice says this subscription expires 04/04/2021. But they are now billing me $732.95 due 04/06/2020, saying the other invoice is not correct. Their customer support if Horrible, IF they actually ever call you back. And thy aren't there on weekends.

Gabe
  • Industry: Food Production

Total garbage!

Reviewed on 27/02/2023

Absolute garbage!

Absolute garbage!

Pros

Loved it years ago when it was simpler to use, was less bloated, and customer service was awesome. It no longer is.

Cons

Problems arise, and the tech departments have NO CLUE how to fix the program. My list of issues goes on and on, after talking repeatedly with their tech team. They're a complete waste of time! First, it takes HOURS to get a hold of anyone to get on the line, and/or to call back. And when they do, if things need to be escalated, well GOOD LUCK with that! You'll be lucky if they call you back in a day or two! In the meantime, your program is jacked! We're paying for cloud backup. It worked fine until we installed one of their upgrades. Now it no longer works. Want to know why? Yeah, we'd like to know why, too! Their tech team was UNABLE to figure it out! Can't update any of my user security settings. Just NONE. They're all grayed out. Why? Well, your guess is as good as their tech team, because they don't know why either! Done. I just instructed my accounting team to backup all they can, and we're moving over to Quickbooks. They can't possibly be as pathetic as Sage 50 / Peachtree!!

Iain
  • Industry: Industrial Automation

Tried and tested product with 1 foot in the cloud

Reviewed on 11/10/2021

Used for 15+ years with minimal issues. Support were always great when needed. We 'outgrew' it not in terms of number of users or quantity of data but the ability to join up more business processes and to work in a more modern cloud-based way

Pros

Accountants are very familiar with this - almost an industry standard.
Core accountancy functions are strong

Cons

Some aspects are hard for non-accountants to understand the terminology. Cloud implementation is only partial, Its a dektop product with uploads and synchronisation to other computers via cloud. We suffered several disconnects and issues that needed the remote stations to be re synced losing work. Some of the more peripheral aspects (Sales orders, purchase orders, stock management) had some limitations and there were several places where it was easy to accidentally mark every quote in the system as won if you did not have anything selected. No link to cloud payroll from sage - needed the much more expensive desktop software or manually enter payroll data into Line 50 every month

Randy

• Customer Support Software

Sage 50 'Quantum' Canadian is very stable but limited. No significant new features for last 4...

Reviewed on 12/06/2015

Pros:

Pros:
- Sage 50 Canadian is very stable, any 'crash' is almost always a hardware or operating system issue.
- Vendor technical support is prompt and helpful.
- Uses a solid 'Enterprise-grade' back end database.
- ODBC is free, and included.
- Free SDK is available.

Cons:
- Response to bugs is to provide work-arounds
- No significant new features since 2011.
- Screen designs are stuck on 1988. Data entry fonts are unusably tiny on modern monitors, and can't be adjusted.
- Features and prior bundled software has been removed, no longer supported, or flat out disabled:
. web store integration,
. Crystal Reports,
. ACT! CRM integration
. Simply HR Manager
- Numerous limitations in the 'Quantum' version to prevent use by all but the smallest companies:
. no transaction reports show purchase order numbers,
. ship-to addresses are limited to 99,
. multiple vendor shipping addresses are not supported at all
. if using multiple 'locations', inventory reports are wrong due to wrong beginning onhand.
. Multiple shipments to / from a single invoice are not supported.
. No way to report on Purchase Order vs invoice purchase amounts or pricing.
. No reports

- Designed for Accountants, not for business operations.
. 'Job Tracking' will record what you put in, but not tell you what to bill out.
. Year end process is unnecessarily convoluted and cumbersome for the business.
. Inventory 'available' isn't displayed during invoicing, only 'On Hand'.
. Only 2 years of sales statistics are tracked - current and prior year. Since current is always opened before the prior year is completed, there is never any point in time where a comparative report is of any use.
. Canned reports are inadequate and can't be customized.
- Time Tracking to Invoicing only works if you never have separate jobs for a single client - and who wouldn't?
- Inventory statistics are broken - Quantities are correct, but adjustments rack up the statistics on number of transactions (one sale, adjusted two times will show as 5 transactions)
- Virtually all inventory, sales, and purchase detail reports show all adjusted and reversed transactions, but don't output any indicator that they are just dead, junk data.
- Few third party software integrations
- Other Sage software does not work with it AT ALL. (Asset tracking, Time & Billing, CRM)

Ishrat

Using Sage 50 to suit your business

Reviewed on 22/11/2022

As the business i use Sage50 Accounts professional for uses departments to analyze the income and expenditure I found Sage has definitely help with the production of the require analytical reports. The processing of invoices and receipts is so much easier to manage and process.

Pros

I have been using Sage for over 25 years and have seen the improvements in the software. I would recommend this product for business finance management. I have always been able to produce all the required reports using the functions Sage have made available. The product is good for SME's. Can be used anywhere when on the cloud. Easy for your accountant to log in to complete your year end.

Cons

Department features could be improved, I feel the reports are limited. Reports as in the nominal codes tab would be beneficial.

Jean Philippe

A Frustrating Experience with Sales Malpractice: A Warning to Consumers

Reviewed on 01/06/2023

My experience with Sage has been extremely disturbing. My company had used their most basic product for a couple years. This product had no recurring fee.A year ago, I discovered an unauthorized charge of nearly $1,000 on my credit card from Sage for a new product that we never ordered. Contacting their customer service immediately, I hoped for a prompt resolution. However, what followed were empty promises, apologies, and a lack of progress, leaving me utterly frustrated.Numerous calls and efforts to escalate the issue proved fruitless. The sales agent responsible for the mistake, [sensitive content hidden], assured me of a swift resolution, but these assurances never materialized, exacerbating the situation further.My experience serves as a broader indictment of their integrity and commitment to customer satisfaction.

Pros

I never had the chance to use this product myself. My review touches on customer service.

Cons

Their sales agents are charging for products that were never ordered and their customer service is completely clueless and are incapable of escalating the issue the proper level.

Kathy
  • Industry: Hospitality

All out blackmail...

Reviewed on 19/12/2017

I have been a customer for over 30 years of Simply Accounting, which changed to Sage 50 over the years. Last year I purchased the new update, as they deactivated the software I was using. This year, they want a whopping amount for one year. As a small business owner, this is an unexpected expense that is not feasible. I was on holidays when my credit card expired. told them I could not update, as I did not have card. Did it when I returned, and found out then the cost... Told them I wanted to talk to manager. They disconnected me. I can't get into my accounting software, as I can not even fix a paycheck that was previously posted. Blackmail, will be looking at other software this winter, after 30 years. Bad company policy.

Pros

The pro was that i was familiar with this software after working with it for 30 + years, but no longer. Customer support is not good.

Cons

Disconnect, with no alternative then to pay 400 % + markup. Very unhappy customer of 30 + years, will no longer be a customer

Morna

Crucial for small businesses

Reviewed on 21/12/2023

This package is easy to use, so crucial in helping us keep track of our business performance and makes our finance so efficient and professional. Saves us loads of time too. Plus a great price for all that. As a small business we couldn't do without it.

Pros

Despite our size, Sage really professionalises our finance. So easy to keep track of how we’re doing, cash flow, P&L at the touch of a button and Balance sheet. Couldn’t do without it.

Cons

As a non finance person (but with a good level of knowledge) I find it difficult to understand the ‘how to’ articles from Sage when I need help.

Kenatu
  • Used for 2+ years

My Best Friend

Reviewed on 19/01/2018

For all of us who stuck with Peach Tree from back in the day, our time has come. I simply love this application. Its my best friend. As a small business owner I can tell you the ability to have my accounts at my fingertips while I am on the go blows my mind. I am tickled pink. I have to pinch myself. I am able to see my inventory, check prices and stock and give clients discounts and assurances that I can reliably trust in real time. The subscription cost is almost nominal for the value it gives me.

Pros

Access to my Accounts in real time on my mobile device.
Easy to use and covers all that I need for a small business owner who is the the head cook and bottle washer.
I can process payments and check on outstanding receivables while on the go. check stock and see sales.
the reports are exactly what I need to know to make informed decisions
I can communicate with my customers and suppliers with built in correspondent templates.
based on the information at my finger tips I can have a better relationship with my supply chain and customers.
requires very little setup.

Cons

I am sure that I will think of one in the future but for now I am at a loss. the speed could be better when searching a large record set, buts thats on me and my resources.

Rosie

• Customer Support Software

Very poor customer service no support for issues which affect the business

Reviewed on 11/03/2023

we have a number of companies and the customer support for issues is very poor i am told have to wait 2 days to get access for the software i am paying for so i have to stop my business for two days so sage can help me get access the online help chats just keeps going in circle's

Pros

unable to comment as 9 out 10 times does not work

Cons

if we are paying for a service we should not wait day to access the sevice

• Industry: Financial Services Software

Worst experience ever

Reviewed on 09/07/2020

I had one call and because the tech rep could not stay on the phone while I did as he asked, he did up a ticket...which he immediately closed. When I called back in they could not / would not reopen that ticket. I got pushed to sales and they would not give me back my one support call. That rep said I could speak with a supervisor, then pushed me back to tech. When I called in, someone took my name for the supervisor to call me back, and that never happened. This is the worst customer service I have seen in years. Meanwhile my newly purchased upgrade, is not doing what it is supposed to. Thanks for nothing Sage!

Pros

Fine once you get used to it; it is not as user friendly as Quickbooks

Cons

Functionality between computers has been a problem and tech did not help; read below

Amber
  • Industry: Construction Software

• Customer Support Software

Will keep charging you after cancellation

Reviewed on 04/03/2020

After cancelling my subscription Sage continued to charge my account for 5 months . After contacting customer service and being told I was owed a refund I have still not received a refund and that was 5 months ago

Pros

I use Sage 50 for my accounting , but would never purchase any service through them due to their customer service. After renewing my subscription & charging my account without authorization then continuing to charge my account after I cancelled the unauthorized renewal

Cons

Their Customer service is terrible purchasing any monthly service through them is risky , make sure you keep all bills , emails and transcripts of phone calls

Alicia
  • Industry: Construction Software

• Customer Support Software

Works best if you are utilizing all the job features

Reviewed on 04/04/2018

Sage has helped us to improve our job costing. The reports can be exported into Excel for further analytics and review.

Pros

Features work well among eachother. Create PO, Apply to invoice, Inventory, Pay bill. Create your job quote, assign job, bill job, view job costing. I have found we are happier with the program the more we utilize it to its full potential.

Cons

Using only certain features is difficult, as the steps in between may be missing to view full reports. It's also pretty ugly and kind of clunky, but it works and does the job. Additionally, it can be difficult to find support online because this is not a popular product.

JENNIFER
  • Industry: Wholesale

• Customer Support Software

Basic accounting program with limited customization options

Reviewed on 08/02/2018

Cheaper than other larger programs, easy to use and manage.

Cheaper than other larger programs, easy to use and manage.

Pros

The dashboard feature makes using the software and locating specific functions relatively easy. Invoicing, accounts receivables and accounts payables is straightforward. Program is cheaper than other larger accounting programs.

Cons

Inventory management features are very limited, pricing options are limited. Designed really for small, basic use . Limited customization abilities. You now have to upgrade and pay for upgrade every year because it is on cloud. Customer service is horrible, very rarely can solve any problems and wait times are very long.